Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2018 6:51 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Here is a collection of promotional videos (PVs), TV ads (CMs), and trailers for the last week. This thread excludes videos that have already been featured in an article. Please check the News Board, under the Preview tag, for articles that feature a promotional video. Last week's PV thread can be found here.

B: The Beginning | ONA | Trailer
The new trailer for Production I.G's B: The Beginning net anime series features the opening theme "The Perfect World" by Marty Friedman feat. Jean-Ken Johnny, KenKen. Netflix will stream the anime series worldwide on March 2.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple | Movie | CM
The new commercials for Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple feature the movie's opening theme song "Deadly Alive" by GRANRODEO. The movie will open in Japanese theaters on March 3.

Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari | TV | PV
The second preview for Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari TV anime features the opening theme by OLDCODEX titled "Growth Arrow." The anime will air in April 2018.

Devils Line | TV | Teaser PV
The first teaser preview for Devils Line TV anime. Produced by Platinum Vision, the series is slated to premiere in April 2018.

Hug tto! Precure | TV | CM
Hug tto! Precure is the 15th TV anime in the Precure franchise, and will air on February 4 at 8:30 a.m. on ABC, TV Asahi, and affiliated channels.

Megalo Box | TV | Teaser PV
Megalo Box is a series based on manga authors Ikki Kajiwara and Tetsuya Chiba's original draft. Commemorating the 50th anniversary of Ashita no Joe manga, the anime will premiere on TBS and BS-TBS in April 2018.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin | OVA | Trailer
The second trailer for the sixth episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin OVA series "Tanjou Akai Suisei (Rise of the Red Comet)," the last episode of the Loum Arc. The episode will debut on May 5.

VindstotJan 28, 2018 8:03 PM

Jan 28, 2018 7:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty hyped to try B: The Beginning and Megalo Box.
Will try Devils Line too but not totally sure about this one.
Might forget about the Bungou Stray Dogs movie but if i remember the day it gets subs, i'll watch it, i enjoyed the second season.

Dont care about the other 3
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 28, 2018 7:21 PM

Feb 2017
I don't know what to think about Megalo Box... It doesn't look like the tribute Joe deserves... That doesn't look like real boxing :(

Jan 28, 2018 7:35 PM

Jun 2014
B: The Beginning looks pretty cool, looking forward to it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2018 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
B the beginning looks cool but more like experimental show like Devilman anime this year. BSD movie trailer looks very good too. MBox pv looks great but I was really very hoping for Ashita no Joe's remake... (Maybe they didn't because they wanted to do something small project.. )
Jan 28, 2018 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
B: The Beginning - Meh... Not really intrigued with this new PV either. It'll most likely be a skip for me if I have to be honest.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Bad Apple - Well I'm hyped about this series, not going to lie. After S2 which was a mass improvement of the first I'm interested as shit for this.

Butlers - Looks okay but I feel like in terms of production it'll fall off badly. But, I think this looks neat and besides, as someone that's into all or most male casts I'm not complaining about this. But the final minutes looks like something fun.

Devil's Line: Looks decent enough, might give it a shot after seeing what it looks like in all fairness.

Hugtto Precure: I still need to finish the prior ones but this looks extremely entertaining.

Megalo Box: This looks good, and since this was inspired by Ashita no Joe's manga I'm interested how this will go. Haven't seen Ashita no Joe though in all honesty but this caught my attention.

The last one I have no comment really.

Jan 29, 2018 2:09 AM

Jan 2016
Man, that Megalobox PV is the most westernized anime PV I've ever seen. Surprised it could fit well. Lots of cuts and electro music.
Jan 29, 2018 3:48 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
B: The Beginning and Megalo Box as outside of my genre zone they are, really look good especially with Netflix proving they can be good backers. Lets hope.
Jan 29, 2018 10:31 AM
Feb 2016
Megalobox looks like is going to be great. Its even cooler when Megalobox is inspired by Ashita no joe and has character resemblances.
Jan 29, 2018 3:11 PM

Aug 2016
Wasshio said:
B: The Beginning - Meh... Not really intrigued with this new PV either. It'll most likely be a skip for me if I have to be honest.

ye who cares about sci fi anymore

Jan 29, 2018 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
anemonespotte said:
Wasshio said:

ye who cares about sci fi anymore

I mean I like sci-fi but I wasn't intrigued with the PV. If a PV doesn't sell me along with everything else then don't expect me to give it a shot right away.

I might do so later on but it's more going to lean as a skip when it airs.
Jan 30, 2018 5:17 AM
Dec 2014
Stripes said:
B: The Beginning and Megalo Box as outside of my genre zone they are, really look good especially with Netflix proving they can be good backers. Lets hope.

Except that Netflix do nothing. They don't produce or fund the shows in any way other than buying the rights. Crunchyroll are the only company actually participating in production committee's.
Jan 30, 2018 6:16 AM
Oct 2012
treedude said:
Stripes said:

Except that Netflix do nothing. They don't produce or fund the shows in any way other than buying the rights. Crunchyroll are the only company actually participating in production committee's.

Both Devilman, and B: The Beginning are funded by Netflix. Shows like Violet Evergarden, and Fate/Extra encore are animes that netflix simply buy the rights for.
Jan 30, 2018 6:33 AM
Dec 2014
Eniie said:
treedude said:

Both Devilman, and B: The Beginning are funded by Netflix. Shows like Violet Evergarden, and Fate/Extra encore are animes that netflix simply buy the rights for.

No they aren't you moron. Netflix are not on the production committee for any anime they've streamed. Fact. They do not provide funding of any sort. Learn to research before saying stupid shit.
Jan 30, 2018 11:54 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
treedude said:
Eniie said:

No they aren't you moron. Netflix are not on the production committee for any anime they've streamed. Fact. They do not provide funding of any sort. Learn to research before saying stupid shit.

They have to be funded by Netflix because those shows aren't going to get their money back from broadcast and advertisement you dolt. You think these studios can just make the product and not get compensated. You're the moron.
Jan 30, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
Stripes said:
treedude said:

They have to be funded by Netflix because those shows aren't going to get their money back from broadcast and advertisement you dolt. You think these studios can just make the product and not get compensated. You're the moron.
This ^^ Devilman is too graphic for TV broadcast.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 30, 2018 8:04 PM
Dec 2014
Stripes said:
treedude said:

I will say this once again...THEY ARE NOT ON THE PRODUCTION COMMITTEE. Your logic is terrible and you should be embarrassed for responding without understanding what basic funding structures are.
Jan 30, 2018 8:06 PM
Dec 2014
PolarCyrus97 said:
Stripes said:

This ^^ Devilman is too graphic for TV broadcast.

Aniplex were responsible for choosing Netflix as a broadcasting option. Netflix didn't do anything. They haven't funded any anime shows on their streaming service apart from American series like Castlevania.
Jan 30, 2018 9:17 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
treedude said:
Stripes said:

I will say this once again...THEY ARE NOT ON THE PRODUCTION COMMITTEE. Your logic is terrible and you should be embarrassed for responding without understanding what basic funding structures are.

Kindly remove the stick out of your ass. If you actually had some point of proof and weren't acting like a conceited dick I might've been inclined to believe you the first time. Now you're just acting like an impudent child. Literally fuck off.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.