Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cant really say I enjoyed it... besides the fan service anyways. Tatsuya didnt even have anyone to fight with unless you count the final part Tatsuya VS Falling satellite on earth.
Oh and it turns out there were 9 of those lil kids being used on an illegal project, 1 of them escaped (Cocoa) who was supposed to ask help from Mayumi but got on the wrong jet (Erica and Miyuki's) she then asked Erica and co to help save *them* (she was afraid of Tatsuya tho, mainly because Tatsuya was scary so everyone was laughing when he asked a question and she freaked out)

A lot of fanservice here and there, first them in their swimsuits, then they go to an onsen (dont worry, the steam was covering the necessary parts)

Lina barely had any memorable parts.. well she had her heavy metal burst or whatevery the hell it was called again, and Tatsuya canceled it (they didnt fight, they just know each other) and later Tatsuya asks for her help to send him up into the earth's (stratosphere?) anyways high enough so that he can destroy the falling satellite, and asks Miyuki to catch him afterwards.

Its cool to see Juumonji kicking ass tho, the samurai guy despite being OP almost killing Erica couldnt get close to him, soon as he destroys a part of his phalanx he recreates a new one instantly.
Erica saved Leo and killed the crazy dude.

The movie ends with Cocoa looking at Tatsuya and smiles, after credits showed Tatsuya and Miyuki going to school and Tatsuya's uniform with a bloom emblem.

Oh almost forgot, there was a girl that kept popping up from a flashback in Tatsuya and Miyuki's memory, a military girl? that died infront of a young Tatsuya. Its like she played a part of why Tatsuya and Miyuki wanted to save Cocoa and her friends.

It was an ok movie, not great not bad... just normal.

6/10.
Jun 19, 2017 3:20 PM
Aug 2014
Just gonna have to wait about 3/4 of a year until i can watch it's subbed wuhu
Jun 20, 2017 3:28 PM
Jan 2015
-Stray said:
Oh almost forgot, there was a girl that kept popping up from a flashback in Tatsuya and Miyuki's memory, a military girl? that died infront of a young Tatsuya. Its like she played a part of why Tatsuya and Miyuki wanted to save Cocoa and her friends.
She was their mothers guardian, who treated both of them like family, so she's very special to the two of them.

OT: Yeah, if you're anime only, you're not going to nearly enjoy this as much as fans who have read volumes 8,9,10, and 11, which was the main target audience the author was aiming for. So if you do plan on watching the movie, i suggest reading them or at least read the summaries on the mahouka wiki to get the general idea of what happened beforehand, such as how the friendship that Lina has with the Shiba siblings developed for example.

Unless its gets ripped online, I won't see the film till the end of next month, where showings begin in America.
My Queens

Jun 20, 2017 5:13 PM
Jun 2016
I hope this doesn't take ages to translate. Also the first guy should start by "spoilers" since it hasn't been fansubbed yet
Jun 26, 2017 6:42 PM
Feb 2016
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cant really say I enjoyed it...

Its cool to see Juumonji kicking ass tho, the samurai guy despite being OP almost killing Erica couldnt get close to him, soon as he destroys a part of his phalanx he recreates a new one instantly.
Erica saved Leo and killed the crazy dude.

The movie ends with Cocoa looking at Tatsuya and smiles, after credits showed Tatsuya and Miyuki going to school and Tatsuya's uniform with a bloom emblem.

It was an ok movie, not great not bad... just normal.

6/10.

I agree that this movie may not be so enjoyable for those who haven't read novels as it wasn't very kind to them. Its story was too much related to the episodes in the novel that haven't been made into animation yet.
Besides, I think it can be enjoyable and the story can be regarded as solid for those who read vol.8-11 of the novel. The girl in the flashbacks appeared in vol.8 and the incident related to her meant so much to the siblings.

It may not be necessary, but to have correct information on this page.....

- "the crazy dude" may not be dead,

- the emblem on Tatsuya's uniform wasn't that of blooms'.
Jul 3, 2017 4:31 AM
Oct 2015
where can I watch it??
Jul 5, 2017 3:18 AM
Feb 2015
ThatOneAsianDude said:
just watch it raw kek
Jul 15, 2017 9:37 PM
Nov 2012
ThatOneAsianDude said:

Too long a wait for oniisama T_T

doesn't look like they'll be making a second season
Jul 22, 2017 2:08 PM
Jul 2016
where i can watch it raw ???
Jul 29, 2017 1:27 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
All these weird comments about watching it raw. People like us paid to go watch it. Go post it somewhere else or be patience and wait for 5 months or so.
Jul 29, 2017 1:41 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Back to discussion, this movie is neither good or bad. It's just normal and decent to me. I usually rate movie high, but yea around a 6 or 7 for this one. Didn't enjoy it much. It's feel more like an OVA with extra fanservice scene which is not bad. The movie itself is consider as a partial sequel and partial spin-off. Didn't read the LN.

I suggest people who want to watch this movie to rewatch the prequel and read the novel or else you be confuse on certain flashback scene or chara name like I did.
Jul 29, 2017 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty meh movie, saw it in theater to support the industry blah blah blah

Watch if
1. You like the whole onii-sama thing
2. You like fantasy action high school

... and that's about it.

If you can't watch it, you aren't missing out on much. Not enough magic action, which was honestly the only interesting thing I found in the series.
Aug 10, 2017 2:41 PM

May 2013
The fight with Erika and the STARS were my favorite part. Other than that the movie wasn't something too notable. They did tone down the whole onii-sama thing from the main series though. Was cool to see the STARS and the USNA's Strategic-class magician.

I feel it did justice to the LNs as an in-between point from the two volumes this takes place in.

Fan-service was cringy honestly. I expected better. I read somewhere that Season 2 for this series was announced and that got me excited but then I realized that there were no sources there and there's no DB page on MAL or anything on ANN.
Aug 19, 2017 1:09 AM

Aug 2009
In contrary to what people are commenting here, I really enjoyed the movie.

Been a long time since I finished the tv series and it took me some time to remember the casts, but that did not take away from my overall enjoyment.

Also doesn't help that I did not read any of the novels.

Watch this if you like intense actions and easy plot. Didn't quite figure out all the parties but I guess that didn't matter.

They also gave a nice art cardboard from Ishida sensei (the illustrator of the novel I believe) for going to the movie in Japanese theater which was really well drawn. Definitely worth my ticket money.
Aug 23, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
What with this bad feedback. I'm watching this tomorrow and so looking forward to it. I hope I'm gonna like it.

----- On the side note. Who's watching this tomorrow 11 a.m at Paradigm Mall. Hope to see you there. XD

EDIT: Ughh... sad to see compare to SAO premiere the hall half full even for a small one. Well everyone stay till the end of the show even after credit rolling and that final after credit. X)
ALSO QUESTION TO ANYONE THAT KNOW?
- Is this original story like SAO OS film? Meaning the story isn't in the ln.
- Who is that one in Tatsuya flashback?
- Risa/Stars what the hell? Where did they come from? Sorry I don't read the ln. Anyone knows of this thanks in advance.

removed-userAug 25, 2017 3:24 AM
Sep 1, 2017 10:08 AM
Jan 2015
Kazra07 said:
What with this bad feedback. I'm watching this tomorrow and so looking forward to it. I hope I'm gonna like it.

----- On the side note. Who's watching this tomorrow 11 a.m at Paradigm Mall. Hope to see you there. XD

EDIT: Ughh... sad to see compare to SAO premiere the hall half full even for a small one. Well everyone stay till the end of the show even after credit rolling and that final after credit. X)
ALSO QUESTION TO ANYONE THAT KNOW?
- Is this original story like SAO OS film? Meaning the story isn't in the ln.
- Who is that one in Tatsuya flashback?
- Risa/Stars what the hell? Where did they come from? Sorry I don't read the ln. Anyone knows of this thanks in advance.

Its an orginal story that can be considered canon based on the time it takes place inbetween the novels.

The person in the flashback was Tatsuya's mothers gaurdian, Sakuai Honami. She was one of the few people in Tatsuya's past who treated Tatsuya like family and is a person that the siblings both were really close to.

They're from the USNA, the stars are known throughout the world as the strongest magician combat force.
-MahesvaraSep 1, 2017 10:15 AM
My Queens

Sep 4, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
@-Mahesvara Thanks for the info in the reply. (❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

- So it's basically like SAO OS film then. What with the new material for film. Just use the ln ffs.(´_`)
- So she's dead then. Oh wait... don't tell me... nah let just keep her out of the picture until her story became relevant in the future. Dammit season 2 how I wish for it. o(*>ω<*)o
- Oh wait her name is Lina. I watch it again several days ago and noticed that. So UN in our world then. ┐(´-`)┌
Sep 4, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
Kazra07 said:
@-Mahesvara Thanks for the info in the reply. (❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

- So it's basically like SAO OS film then. What with the new material for film. Just use the ln ffs.(´_`)
- So she's dead then. Oh wait... don't tell me... nah let just keep her out of the picture until her story became relevant in the future. Dammit season 2 how I wish for it. o(*>ω<*)o
- Oh wait her name is Lina. I watch it again several days ago and noticed that. So UN in our world then. ┐(´-`)┌
UN isn't really the right way to put it.The USNA is short for United States of North America. In Mahouka the U.S assimilated Canada and Mexico after WWIII, thus becoming the USNA. The Stars are basically their top combat magicians and are just globally recognized as the strongest mainly because of Sirius(Lina) since she's known as the strongest combat magician in the world and the strongest among the 13 apostles(they're the 13 registered Strategic-Class magicians).
My Queens

Sep 5, 2017 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
@-Mahesvara wow that just wow. And here I thought Onii-sama is the strongest being in that world. Now I just feel bad knowing him not the strongest. Totally take the excitement from this series away. (。•́︿•̀。)
Sep 5, 2017 7:58 AM
Jan 2015
Kazra07 said:
@-Mahesvara wow that just wow. And here I thought Onii-sama is the strongest being in that world. Now I just feel bad knowing him not the strongest. Totally take the excitement from this series away. (。•́︿•̀。)
The world doesn't know about Tatsuya though lol. Lina is known to be the strongest, buuut of course that isn't fully accurate all things considered.
My Queens

Sep 9, 2017 11:04 AM
Jan 2015
Kazra07 said:
-Mahesvara said:
The world doesn't know about Tatsuya though lol. Lina is known to be the strongest, buuut of course that isn't fully accurate all things considered.

Errr... that kind of a relief ...somehow ...I guess. X)

It's been fun and thanks for the reply. ヾ(´▽`)ゝ
In all honesty, i would say Tatsuya is number 1 and Lina is number 2, when it comes to the strongest magicians in mahouka.
My Queens

Sep 14, 2017 7:16 AM
Oct 2016
-Mahesvara said:
-Stray said:
She was their mothers guardian, who treated both of them like family, so she's very special to the two of them.

OT: Yeah, if you're anime only, you're not going to nearly enjoy this as much as fans who have read volumes 8,9,10, and 11, which was the main target audience the author was aiming for. So if you do plan on watching the movie, i suggest reading them or at least read the summaries on the mahouka wiki to get the general idea of what happened beforehand, such as how the friendship that Lina has with the Shiba siblings developed for example.

Unless its gets ripped online, I won't see the film till the end of next month, where showings begin in America.
that image ...
do you know how much , logical / rational was that action , because he could just walk away and look for miyuki
Sep 14, 2017 7:37 AM
Jan 2015
guitareco said:
-Mahesvara said:

that image ...
do you know how much , logical / rational was that action , because he could just walk away and look for miyuki
what action are you referring to exactly?
My Queens

Sep 14, 2017 9:43 AM
Oct 2016
-Mahesvara said:
guitareco said:
that image ...

shiba saw honami (???) on the beach ,but she refused his Regrowth... was miyuki in danger ?
Sep 14, 2017 10:22 AM
Jan 2015
guitareco said:
-Mahesvara said:

shiba saw honami (???) on the beach ,but she refused his Regrowth... was miyuki in danger ?

Some big spoilers for vol 8 of the LN
My Queens

Sep 21, 2017 5:37 AM

Apr 2017
Simply, put it perfect in animation. Its very flawless in that terms, but the story is a bit lacking, but fine.

Since i havent seen the series, it took a while to understand it.

I dont really like the fanservice, i mean, when you watch THAT in cinema, it would be awkward, oh by the way the watcher in the cinema is just 10 people XD.

I still enjoy the movie, they put the right piece together and it is great.

Oh, and Lina can make herself look taller and having red hair...

5/5
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 21, 2017 7:33 PM
Jan 2015
CrallyLystia said:

That magic is known as Parade, she can alter her appearance and alter her target information, so she can hide her identity and make it really hard for her opponents to target her directly with magic.
My Queens

Sep 22, 2017 2:16 AM

Apr 2017
-Mahesvara said:
CrallyLystia said:

That magic is known as Parade, she can alter her appearance and alter her target information, so she can hide her identity and make it really hard for her opponents to target her directly with magic.

So thats it... Its seemingly convenient...

Thanks for telling me. 👍
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 22, 2017 7:54 AM
Jan 2015
CrallyLystia said:
-Mahesvara said:

So thats it... Its seemingly convenient...

Thanks for telling me. 👍
Well yeah its a high level spell that originated from the Kudo Clan from the 10 master clans, which Lina is related to.

And no problem, as a LN fan/reader i feel obligated to answer the questions that left people confused about the movie.
My Queens

Sep 22, 2017 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
Thank you for explanation @-Mahesvara
That explain why i don't understand half of the movie story
Almost like Accel World movie but thank god is not half unnecessary recap this time
Sep 22, 2017 11:50 PM
Jan 2015
Shunaria said:
Thank you for explanation @-Mahesvara
That explain why i don't understand half of the movie story
Almost like Accel World movie but thank god is not half unnecessary recap this time
Glad I helped clear your confusion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
My Queens

Sep 30, 2017 9:21 AM

May 2015
Just got to watch it today probably wouldve enjoyed it more if angelina got more spotlight since the movie targeted the ln readers why not go fullon
And tatsuya's suit who tf designs this
Oct 2, 2017 3:04 PM
Jan 2015
kurikinton said:
Just got to watch it today probably wouldve enjoyed it more if angelina got more spotlight since the movie targeted the ln readers why not go fullon
And tatsuya's suit who tf designs this
Well the suit he was wearing was the combat suit he wore during the yokohama disturbance arc, the cape made him look like Darth Vader though lml
My Queens

Oct 7, 2017 9:29 AM

Mar 2009
Did anyone count the Onii-samas while watching this?
Oct 7, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2015
I watched this movie twice since they were giving away various freebies where this was being shown:

Anyways, I enjoyed the movie overall.
-Tatsuya OP as usual
-All of the main characters are awesome :)
and

Angelina Shields is cute and pretty...........and voiced by Yoko Hikasa (best known for her work in K-ON, Frame Arms Girl and so forth) :)

In any case, for people who only saw the anime and have not seen the novels/comics (like me), there may be some things that may be a bit of confusing........like this lovely girl over here =)

Overall, I rate it ∞ (positive) out of 5 hehe (because no numerical rating system can serve as a way to rate Tatsuya and the overpowered nature of these characters haha)

P.S.
That and yeah:
Story-wise, it is better than the Kancolle movie for sure haha :)
DLSUalpha009Oct 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Oct 16, 2017 8:59 AM
Sep 2017
do you know were I can watch it because I looked every were but I could only find the trailer not the movie self

please write the step were I can find it because you can't write the full site want then it will be deleted
Oct 16, 2017 11:14 PM
Jan 2015
Raaf7Anime said:
do you know were I can watch it because I looked every were but I could only find the trailer not the movie self

please write the step were I can find it because you can't write the full site want then it will be deleted
Its only in theaters until the blu-ray/DVD's are out.
My Queens

Oct 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Sep 2013
Just got back from the cinema. I would say it's a good movie although there are some part of the scene that I don't know (just an anime watcher), but that suit on shiba looks dope doe. I instantly called him darth vader. OST were good especially the battle scene. Overall, I enjoy the movie.

P/S: I though they will announce the second second at the end of the movie but it just a hope I guess.
Oct 25, 2017 7:42 PM

Nov 2014
What kind of fanservice does the movie have? Does it have uncensored nipples?
Oct 25, 2017 9:48 PM
Jan 2015
mizukasa said:
What kind of fanservice does the movie have? Does it have uncensored nipples?
Besides the beach scene at the beginning of the film, there is a good amount of nudity in the sauna scene. You'll see a lot, but they didn't show any nipple. Though it might be different for the DVD/Blu-Ray version, like how it was for the SAO movie and that scene with Asuna.
My Queens

Jan 25, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
All i saw was darth vador on second half
bruh
Jan 25, 2018 3:01 PM

Sep 2016
BD is out on nyaa, i think i saw nips i need to confirm this lol
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 25, 2018 3:58 PM
Jan 2014
There was the a sauna (actually bath) scene that was mentioned by -Mahesvara and also had a single nip scene with honoka in the bath scene but nothing more than this.

The film was pretty great, loved the fight scenes at the end of the movie, specially the ones between the stars members agaisn't Erika Leon and Jummonji, and the savages moments from Erika and Saegusa were pretty good. Although this movie won't be very good to anime watchers only since it time skipped about 2 vol I think?
Jan 26, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2015
the darth vader suit never fails to make me laugh
Jan 26, 2018 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
The movie was both ridiculous and awesome at the same time somehow. The theme song rocks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2018 5:58 PM
Jan 2014
tsubasalover said:
The movie was both ridiculous and awesome at the same time somehow. The theme song rocks.

Well here is the proof that this movie is not recommended for anime watchers only.
Jan 27, 2018 7:12 AM

Jan 2016
Not as good as i expected, but Tatsuya still OP. Sasuga Oniii-sama.

Yeah, there are a lot fanservice.

There are a lot of Material and LN is popular in Japan, so i hope we can get Season 2 in the future.

Detective1412Jan 27, 2018 7:29 AM
Jan 27, 2018 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
Umm, Need more screentime for Lina... Is there any news or info about season 2?
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 29, 2018 3:56 AM

Aug 2014
gimokes said:
tsubasalover said:

Well here is the proof that this movie is not recommended for anime watchers only.

Anime watchers only here and i agree with you.
Theres some characters that out of context asspulled into the movie, obviously this might be already explained on the LN.
The following stuff i mentioned, the rank up bloom/weed stuff, Lina?, some woman end up died beside Tatsuya, Sea Army vs Land Army.

Though without any mention it was mediocre, idk what happened least what i noticed on the story was the fanservice, things finally get into plots, save a girl, save the girl friends, save the earth, aaaand its ended.

Though i supposed this seems like a review but
The Art was meh, i could see it retains the good artwork but the animation was mediocre here we see another bad example of CGI though i suppose you cant expect much from budget studio (8bit) while the old one was Madhouse and fuck it you know you cant expect a 2nd season from Madhouse though they're generous enough to adapt Overlord II.
Story was like i mentioned it was mediocre, theres nothing happened, if i could throw stupid argument i could say that most of shounen shit like Naruto/Bleach/Onepiece have a better example for movies, as for tittle Girls who summon stars? but we barely had screen time and development for the Kokoa and her friends lmao.

I'll skip over sound but enjoyment wise its meh 5/10 average.

Overall this was just an advertisement for LN spin off or was it original asspulled from author series? well not that i care 6/10 similiar to TS.
Jan 29, 2018 8:20 PM
Jan 2015
@tsubasalover @Xaelath

Wow, not only he stopped blond girl's attack, but also put that to limit so that she can retreat. He then asked blond girl's help on something falls down. (I just realized she can change size. She was grown up person when she was on mission).
The magic is called parade, its a mental interference magic that changes her appearance for other people and hides her target information.

What's up with main guy's outfit this time? It seems more evil than the one in TV series, and it can become like a diamond?
Its the same armor he wore in the battle at the end of the TV anime, the only difference is the cape, which he casts fortification magic on that forms that diamond shape in order to protect himself as he's being sent up into space.
My Queens

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does this movie take place before season 3?

BDJosh23 - Apr 7

8 by nightmare_kt »»
Apr 8, 8:32 PM

» I'm confused: who is fighting who and why and what

PoleLord - Jan 3, 2023

4 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Jan 3, 2023 5:46 PM

» About this and Visitor Arc

Grontan - Aug 28, 2021

5 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 23, 2021 8:13 PM

» Do you need to watch this movie before season 2?

AHomicidalTV - Oct 3, 2020

13 by YukinaHimiragi »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:25 PM

» i wounder how long its going to take for a season 2

audac1ous - Jul 10, 2017

17 by 1ncognit0 »»
Sep 7, 2020 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.