Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Nov 26, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, apparently there's going to be a "Madoka 4", so idk, I'll get my final conclusions when that one comes out.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Nov 27, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2009
Mixed feelings. I can see both sides to peoples love/hate for it. I can't decide if what Homura did was for the good of everyone in actually stopping Kyuubey or if it was just selfish. I read that the original creator intended for it to end on the happy note (Ultimate Madoka taking Homura to 'heaven') rather than the twist and that Shaft insisted on it to keep the series going longer. I feel like the story is incomplete so therefor can't judge this properly and that the fourth movie (if it ever happens) should cement my feelings about Rebellion. For now I'm on the fence about the ending and Homura. Mami fav girl.

Edit. A couple of things of note. I remember towards the beginning of the movie Homura saying she respected and wanted to honour Madoka's wish. Remember she also wanted to die as a witch. If she went to 'heaven' she would have been with Madoka anyway instead of having to create a new world. Only benefit I see is stopping any future trouble from Kyuubey. One would say Madoka's wish would take care of that anyway. The flower field conversation where Madoka says she wouldn't want to do anything where she'd be apart from Homura, well in ep 12 after transforming into Ultimate, Madoka says "I'll always be with you", even just in spirit. The more I think about it the more Homura seems to have undermined Madoka's wish and everyone elses.
Bles-Nov 27, 2017 7:24 AM
Dec 9, 2017 3:39 PM

May 2013
That was interesting. It was good.
Jan 11, 2018 10:56 PM
Oct 2015
I'm glad we got a satisfactory ending that was happy, I think...
At the start, I thought I was watching an actual alternate reality where no one died and whiches and magic girls teamed up or something.
Then that fight between Hourma and Akemi was perfectly conducted.
After that, I got a bit lost in the narrative and I finally ended up seeing Madoka being absorbed by Akemi.
Heckle was here...
Jan 19, 2018 3:54 PM

Jan 2018
So, basically, they took a mildly intereresting finale, retconned a lot of stuff and undid everything in a way that barely makes sense, only to end in a cliffhanger that doesn't really explain anything about this new world Homura created. What exactly was the point of this movie? Did it mean to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial like EVA 3.0?

I'm not the biggest fan of the original series, but one of the things I liked about it was the fact that it actually had a pretty good closure in the end. The movie doesn't even explain how the hell God-mode Madoka was unaware of all this shit, even though in the last episode of the series she explicitly stated that she's omnipresent and omniscient, to the point that she can even see timelines that are yet to be from her plane of existence.
Jan 20, 2018 1:56 AM

Feb 2016
TurboAutist said:
So, basically, they took a mildly intereresting finale, retconned a lot of stuff and undid everything in a way that barely makes sense, only to end in a cliffhanger that doesn't really explain anything about this new world Homura created. What exactly was the point of this movie? Did it mean to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial like EVA 3.0?

I'm not the biggest fan of the original series, but one of the things I liked about it was the fact that it actually had a pretty good closure in the end. The movie doesn't even explain how the hell God-mode Madoka was unaware of all this shit, even though in the last episode of the series she explicitly stated that she's omnipresent and omniscient, to the point that she can even see timelines that are yet to be from her plane of existence.

Milking the "franchise" with shitty fanservice and merch cashgrab. SHART pressured Urobuchi to do it. I'm astounded at how many people don't get this and praise the whole bullshitness in this movie.
Jan 23, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2009
AmMar-Sama said:

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.

Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.

Settle down. It's been too long now that I can't remember where I read that but it was a site that did a long indepth analyses of the ending, not on Reddit or somewhere crap. If it's widely spread then where did you read otherwise? This is a forum for discussion btw not the bible.
Jan 23, 2018 7:08 AM

Feb 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
SaturnSkye said:
I read that the original creator intended for it to end on the happy note (Ultimate Madoka taking Homura to 'heaven') rather than the twist and that Shaft insisted on it to keep the series going longer.

Aquamirror said:
SHART pressured Urobuchi to do it.

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.

Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.

It's a fact Urobuchi had a very strict view on Sayaka's death, having a very big importance on the plot and her character, even the post-Madoka world needed her to die. OOOOOOOOOOOPPSSSSSSSSSS :rubbing hands sound: It is known the director and some of the staff wanted to keep them alive and mess into his plot to make it more light. SHART loves to milk their shit.

..or he was either a schizophrenic or a greedy sellout himself. Whatever.
AquamirrorJan 23, 2018 8:47 AM
Jan 23, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2016
Well, she isn't dead at all.... Everyone is back alive again. That contradiction leads me to some conclusions that either the author really doesn't know what the fuck is he doing or was just bribed by greed. I respect his position to hold the series the way they are, but everything after that was completely unnecessary. I think it was pretty obvious I wasn't speaking in some objective term, but if you really want a concrete evidence you will probably not find it. That's all I've gathered from my interpretations reading some interviews and general treatment of the staff, you can look at them in different way if you feel so.
Hope and despair are hardly important themes anymore, or their meaning is too far fetched and transformed into a new context that's far too different from their original purpose, I don't think there's any meaningful "balance" that you speak of, anymore.
Jan 27, 2018 7:18 PM

Nov 2016
Rewatched it. Lowering my score from a 7 to a 4.
Pixel_VapourJan 28, 2018 3:47 AM
Jan 31, 2018 7:54 PM
Nov 2017
Dude who warned me about this, (you know who you are) eased me into this. Just no satisfaction to be had.
Feb 6, 2018 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
I dunno what I just watched but it was a waste of my time and shouldn't exist honestly.

Also stop comparing this to End of Evangelion, mentioning this in the same sentence as that should be a crime.
Feb 22, 2018 4:28 AM

Aug 2016
I didn't understand a shit but i will give it a 8/10 cuz mindfuck.
Apr 6, 2018 2:06 AM

Nov 2017
Just as dark and depressing as the original series, a good ending (sort of) to the story. Definitely feeling the same emptiness as the original show after finally finishing this movie :(
Apr 9, 2018 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
That's all? When will be 4th film?
Apr 13, 2018 6:23 PM

Dec 2015
Seriously the ending doesnt make sense to me , homura basically get what she wanted , she can be with madoka but she chose to rip her off from the god mode and recreate the universe in her way , and she is now an enemy
So whats the real purpose ? She isnt even on a good term with madoka there
I read earlier post saying they’re planning sequel but if its indeed its more or less like this movie , homura vs the other mahou shoujo
The action are good , soundtrack are good as well , love it , its just argh.... that ending, hate to see homura become evil now
Apr 14, 2018 4:04 AM

Aug 2015
Exeterna said:
Seriously the ending doesnt make sense to me , homura basically get what she wanted , she can be with madoka but she chose to rip her off from the god mode and recreate the universe in her way , and she is now an enemy
So whats the real purpose ? She isnt even on a good term with madoka there
I read earlier post saying they’re planning sequel but if its indeed its more or less like this movie , homura vs the other mahou shoujo
The action are good , soundtrack are good as well , love it , its just argh.... that ending, hate to see homura become evil now

In the flower scene madoka says that she wouldn´t want to go somewhere where she couldn´t see anyone again, homura realised that she failed again at the end of the series, (rewatch that scene), and if you want you can read the lyrics of the1st ED of the series "Mata ashita" to have a different prespective. In the end Homura just wanted madoka to live a normal life, instead of being a concept, and be with her parents and friends, and like she saiid it doesn´t matter if she has to be the enemy, she will be happy anyway.

You have to think on other point, if she let madoka take her, kyuubey is free to do what he wants to try to control madoka, so in the new world (or the maze homura created) kyuubey is in homura control, although we need the new movie to confirm this.
CT_BINOApr 14, 2018 11:25 AM
Nov 3, 2018 2:28 AM
Aug 2018
I enjoy this movie from beginning to the end. I want all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa Momoe survives. Kyubey needs to get punished by Demon Homura. Homura becomes demon because she knows Kyubey will conquer the 'Law of the Cycle' someday, so he can make magical girls transform into witches to collect vast amount of energy. It will also make Madoka Kaname's sacrifice in vain. In short, Kyubey is undoing what Madoka had done in episode 12 in the TV series. Personally, I think Homura becomes a demon is doing what is called 'reduce waste from the source'(廣東話俗稱從源頭減廢). Kyubey is creating magical girls. Next, he waits the girls turn to witches. Then he create more magical girls to fight the witches which create from other magical girls. In short Kyubey is creating magical girls and witches at the same time. Kyubey is like the culprit of producing pollutants and wastes. Homura wants Kyubey to handle the despairs and curses from other magical girls. If Homura does not split Madoka from her goddess form, Kyubey will conquer the 'Law of the Cycle' and undo what Madoka has done in episode 12 in the TV series earlier.

I can show everyone this video as follows:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Homura vs Kyubey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0z-edawH9U

I want to date with the girls in Madoka Magica. Homura dropped to the least favorite out of the main 5 magical girls. But that doesn't mean I hate her. Personally I think this movie sucks Kyubey more than Homura. Because all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa figures out about Kyubey's plan. I want Kyubey to suffer the same scenario like Makoto Itou in School Days. Kyubey is my most hated character in Madoka Magica. I want to kill that motherf**ker (I mean Kyubey).

This is my opinion about this movie.
3ASV226Nov 4, 2018 5:18 AM
Nov 4, 2018 1:06 AM
Aug 2018
Pixel_Vapour said:

Why? All 5 main magical girls survives, and Kyubey was punished by Demon Homura. Madoka is your favorite character isn't it? She back with her family. I want to hear it. Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? I love it because I understand the motives of Homura and Kyubey.
3ASV226Nov 4, 2018 1:11 AM
Nov 4, 2018 1:49 AM
Aug 2018
Yakuri said:
I actually loved this movie.

Totally agreed with you.
Nov 4, 2018 2:11 AM

Nov 2016
cheuklun88 said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Why? All 5 main magical girls survives, and Kyubey was punished by Demon Homura. Madoka is your favorite character isn't it? She back with her family. I want to hear it. Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? I love it because I understand the motives of Homura and Kyubey.

I just really dislike the ending because it ruins what I thought to be a perfect ending to the main series. I will admit that it does set up a potentially great sequel if they play it right.
Nov 4, 2018 5:09 AM
Aug 2018
So, am I the only one who loves Madoka Kaname (she is my favorite character no matter in the TV series and the 'Rebellion' movie) as well as the entire 'Rebellion' movie. I miss Madoka and Sayaka Miki so much after the ending of the TV series. Madoka cries a lot in the TV series. But this movie she does not cry even once. I know Madoka miss her family during the flower scene.

I can show everyone this video as follows:
Madoka Magica Rebellion flowers scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4V3N3w6WE&t=105s

I can see Madoka Kaname and Sayaka Miki have shown improvements than the TV series. I also loves the transformation sequence in this movie. Which is more dynamic than the TV series. The only main 5 magical girls suck is only Homura Akemi not the others. I love the ending all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa Momoe survives. Kyubey is punished by Demon Homura. Kyubey never cares about humans and he is the worst character and my most hated character in the show. Why there are some people and fans still hate Madoka Kaname even after this movie? Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? It's not bad in my opinion. The fans or people hate this movie (ending) never understand the motives of Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi and Kyubey.
3ASV226Nov 5, 2018 2:16 AM
Jan 16, 2019 1:15 AM

May 2016
The first half of the movie definitely toyed with my irrational fear of the unknown and made me unnerved by the eerieness of the supposedly ideal situation where all the girls survived and now fight together as friends. The weird cake song was strange and a little disturbing for me for some reason maybe because I expected Charlotte to bite off Mami's cheese head again when they pointed to her. The world didn't feel right as well and the conclusion that this perfect world in theory was actually one of Akemi's creation thanks to Kyuubey capturing her explains it. That gunfight between Akemi and Mami was absolutely gorgeous, an actual animated bona fide beautiful bullet hell ♥

I got the feeling that what Akemi did was kind of the right thing because they're in a world where Mami and Sakura were never killed by witches and Sayaka along with other former witches like Bebe were walking on the earth once again plus Kyubey being punished big time being the cherry on top but what she actually did was disrupt how things should be. Her motives were out of complete selfishness for Madoka's love and instead of accompanying her to Magical Girl Heaven with the others after they went through the trouble of saving her, she ripped the goddess's mortal half and pulled her back into the world against her wishes before being consumed by the emotion of love and mania, turning into the folly of humanity and the idea of evil itself. She had undone her best friend's sacrifice to become the beacon of hope just to be able touch her again, preventing her to come back to do her duty and drawing the ire of those aware of the situation. It looked like the ideal end but I can't tell if it's a good thing or not anymore...

Jan 31, 2019 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Rewatched. That ending was much darker than I remembered. Still loved it. I probably said it somewhere after watching for the first time, but I really hope that if we get some continuation, Homura won't just be the bad guy that has to lose. She deserves better, and "rest now, you have worked hard" that God-Madoka offered her is not the ending she should get. After everything she's been through, such end would feel like giving up imo and I don't believe it could be considered 'happy end' for her.
Homura is a tragic hero and tbh I don't even know how she can get a good ending now, other than full reset to the real world but without Magical Girls and Incubators.
JustAnotherShiroJan 31, 2019 1:23 PM
Feb 18, 2019 2:58 PM
Nov 2016
The first movie had pacing issues but it was ok (7/10), the second movie was much better and didn't have pacing issues, pretty good movie overall (8/10), this third movie is... weird..., it wasn't bad, it was actually good and enjoyable but... weird... (7/10).

Homura got pretty selfish in the end but we have to think about this in a different perspective, at this moment Homura fulfilled her wish and it was to have Madoka live a normal life, the rest of the Magical Girls are living a normal life as well.

Also, if Madoka took Homura to heaven or whatever then those little white motherfuckers would keep popping out like rats and would keep trying to mess with the world so those little motherfuckers are a big-ass problem that needs to be dealt with. At this moment Homura is able to deal with them.

I don't think this movie was necessary, instead of solving questions it created more questions and left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I still enjoyed it but it was... weird...
Mar 11, 2019 8:50 AM
Dec 2018
xZabuzax said:
The first movie had pacing issues but it was ok (7/10), the second movie was much better and didn't have pacing issues, pretty good movie overall (8/10), this third movie is... weird..., it wasn't bad, it was actually good and enjoyable but... weird... (7/10).

Homura got pretty selfish in the end but we have to think about this in a different perspective, at this moment Homura fulfilled her wish and it was to have Madoka live a normal life, the rest of the Magical Girls are living a normal life as well.

Also, if Madoka took Homura to heaven or whatever then those little white motherfuckers would keep popping out like rats and would keep trying to mess with the world so those little motherfuckers are a big-ass problem that needs to be dealt with. At this moment Homura is able to deal with them.

I don't think this movie was necessary, instead of solving questions it created more questions and left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I still enjoyed it but it was... weird...

Agree with you is was weird and enjoyable but made more questions and now I'm just thinking about life like um did I understand this movie
May 1, 2019 10:34 PM

Aug 2018
Homura's and Madoka's relationship is really complicated, isn't it?..
In the end, do they understand each other much?.. I think that's one of the biggest problems, isn't it?..
Madoka in anime end decides to save world, but hurts Homura, as this is not something Homura wants in the end.. And who knows really - maybe Madoka as god is truly suffering, taking everyone's grief, we don't really know.. Madoka is the type of person to really support Homura in the end.. She says it's going to be alright with her wish in anime, she says so, but also in Rebellion, when she lost her memories, she says that probably she wouldn't be able to hurt Homura, leaving her and everyone, and it would be pain for her to leave everyone.. So maybe Madoka as god is still suffering, we don't really know.. One more point: Madoka says not to keep everything in herself for Homura, not distance herself, but isn't Madoka doing exactly that, being a god?.. Saving everyone, but feeling pain in the end, but not showing it for everyone's sake?..
On the other hand, there is Homura.. Also doing what she believes is best, but what causes Madoka suffering.. If/when Madoka will completely remember herself, it already seems that she truly will be suffering from this.. What she says in her short returning to her god form after Homura hugging her.. That she values stability more than selfish wishes, as Homura asked her.. In her scream before being taken away by Homura, she wasn't feeling too greatest about this act as well, isn't she?.. Though, of course, as Madoka have a vision of great for everyone by her becoming a Godoka, Homura has a vision of great for everyone as well by becoming a Homucifer..
In the end.. I wonder.. If Madoka in her human form spends more time with Homura in her world, will she understand better, what Homura feels, even when she awakens, what she values, being able to live like that and so?.. I think, probably not.. She was in her world kinda before, in Rebellion, but still decided in the end, that saving her is something she wants.. Still, god Madoka, even though she's god - it seems she wouldn't really have a choice and be able to do both things at the same time, it seems?.. Ironically god isn't all mighty, but actually is only able to save magical girls, and also possibly suffer in process..
Homura's world isn't better, though.. It seems like after talk with Madoka she kinda dinstansed herself from everyone and is afraid of what will happen.. Everyone is seen enjoying their lives, but there is no Homura there.. Maybe she wants to think about something, or blames herself, who knows.. Her gasp in the end, but then realizing it's Kyubey, I think, means that she is afraid and unsure, of what happens next.. Even though she's devil, it seems she's afraid of something.. Probably of what happens next, or what are possible interpretations?..
If anyone feels they can support my interpretations, or have different views, please comment, I'd like to try to understand possibilities more..
Though.. I think Madoka and Homura really should talk with each other, instead of fighting.. Though, it seems like their talk after Madoka leaving wasn't enough.. They need to live together as they are for some time.. Though.. Right now it looks like only 2 worlds are accessible.. In one Madoka possibly suffers collecting grief, and in another, Homura suffers of Madoka not being herself, also distancing herself from others, it seems.. Both realities aren't greatest, it seems.. But looks like for them only, if anything.. Others seem to be happy in both worlds.. I wonder, if they can work it out somehow, or we'll have to have at least one casualty.. I really would hope everyone could be happy, except for Kyubey race, fuck them, but we already have bittersweet ends, with both best girls suffering, but world being happy..
Jun 23, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2013
after watching the anime (and being quite a bit disappointed at some stuff), i have to say this movie is so much closer to what i was expecting from the anime

ofc some stuff was still strange, but over all this deserves a 10 from me, just from how much better it was compared to the anime

now just waiting for Magia Record anime and game
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 19, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2018
If you want to cry buckets, watch Madoka Magica: The Series.

If you want to trip animated balls, watch Madoka Magica: Rebellion.
Aug 29, 2019 8:00 PM

Aug 2017
Hey, I think that Homura gave Kyuubey emotions in the end lol. Sadly, I was spoiled years ago about the twist :( but Madoka Magica is one of my favourite anime and this sequel was amazing. So 10/10 for the movie.
NurguburuAug 29, 2019 9:31 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 2, 2019 6:49 PM

Dec 2018
That Homura vs Mami fight was amazing... clearly one of the best fights that I saw
Sep 18, 2019 4:49 AM

Oct 2015
I think Akemi wanted to be evil because she wanted Madoka to have some sort of purpose and keep her and the rest of the gang in that world. I doubt it was ill intentional or to suffer Madoka in any way. She followed the premise that Magical girls are suppose to fight and only live for that purpose. Since witches were no more, she felt the need to step up for them. Or maybe the bitch is a real witch now, and she is beyond help.

But great visuals on the movie, damn!

9/10 will miss the movie and the series.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 28, 2019 8:48 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
This movie is great and I like it as much as the original series, fight me Rebellion haters
Animation (especially that transformation scene) alone already ranks it up to an 8 for me, but I love the story too
so I don't understand why the low scores from some people haha
Oct 4, 2019 7:04 AM

Aug 2014
Fario-P said:
This movie is great and I like it as much as the original series, fight me Rebellion haters
Animation (especially that transformation scene) alone already ranks it up to an 8 for me, but I love the story too
so I don't understand why the low scores from some people haha

You shouldn't laugh on people giving low scores,
I as well is confused between giving this a 9 or 5 or even 1.

It was so confusing, it doesn't have any point ending because the world itself is looping where Kyubey itself are insisting to observe and proof the existence of Witch to gain that Energy which is Madoka Herself.

I don't know how other people perceive the anime but to me it's simple as it is also a complicated.
Homura want a world where Madoka live as an actual human being or back to normal life and can be observed by everyone else (as long it's not Kyubey)but not as a Goddess.
Then people said that even if she accepted Madoka help after waking up from being a Witch she the cycle would return to the original where Kyubey want to take Advantage of this "Law of Cycle" which is Madoka Herself.
So then she became the "God" by consuming Madoka and perceive the perfect world where she can observe everything inside it including a place where Madoka could also live Normally but somehow Kyubey were still unaffected by it hence the scene where Kyubey showed up and murdered shown in last minutes. Even if Kyubey themselves that it was to dangerous to manipulate or control human Emotions, I don't have any idea what she meant by the Curse that spread around our world. It was never clear how it spread was it because human greed? How does familiar on the TV episode even created?
Wasn't it better if Kyubey erased from history and make curse never existed in the first place or make Magical Girls never meant to exist?
Why she even Kill Kyubey if she wanted one to handle all the curse? Maybe she just doesn't want Kyubey to Observe Madoka in her world by keeping that thing away as far as possible while doing it's job?

There was no exit in this one.

The only way is to finish this cycle is to force that Kyubey Civilization to know what it's like to have a Human emotions or be like Simon from TTGL and destroy that civilization that controlling the very Universe itself.
Or if you fine with this kind of ending.

For me it was really hard to comprehend, it's like some shit trying hard to get deeper into people minds and etching the shit out of their story but forgot to surface.

This was obvious cliffhanger for me,(even it got sequel for obvious reason)
Even ia bad end or a loop end has a proper closure for most story I read. Unless they done something to Kyubey this shit is pretty much like a messed up writing without any proper closure.

What is even Kyubey if the being itself can even Transcend Higher Being?

But that should be expected by Gen Urobuchi I guess?
Oct 21, 2019 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
fuck kyuubey and the other incubators like him lol

Homura because she embraces total chaos or evil she starting to lose her love for Madoka eh like she even say to Madoka in the end that they might become enemies later on then because of the opposing mentality they have about rules/laws and its relation to love

i want at least a sequel to conclude the battle between chaos and order

Homura is chaos or evil since she will break the rules just for the sake of what she loves
Madoka is order or good since she will make new rules or uphold the rules for the sake of what she loves

this movie is awesome just for those concepts for me and i want to see a conclusion someday and if they did i will score this a 10/10 too because my requirement for a perfect score is for a story to have a conclusive ending
Nov 26, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2019
Madoka Magica indeed is A pure Masterpiece. The ending sure is makes you unsatisfied but isn't the story it's self is dark themed! We all know happy ending is not a option for this anime, it's impossible.

I can understand hamura's emotions even it's a little bit. she regrets that she was unable to stop madoka and in result madoka choose a painful path for her self.so this time she herself became a devil to give madoka a simple life. And she doesn't regret it because even everyone hates her she can be relieved by thinking that she completed her promise that she maked with madoka and what's she became a magical girl for.
Dec 30, 2019 12:50 AM

Jul 2019
Rebellion doesn't answer any of your questions only makes some more. So put aside your wish to be get enlightened in the end.

I'm not sure what to feel about it but i think it's okay. I love the tv series ending but Rebellion's ending doesn't seem to betray the series, at least i feel this way.
I have never thought Homura is a good magical girl because in the tv series some of her actions were so selfish. She only wanted to save Madoka but in return she also wanted to be with her. So this new Anakin Homura transformation is fair. Because love is such a selfish that you can't love someone enough to let them go. Homura couldn't do this in the end. She built a new universe with new laws just to be with Madoka. I think saying this is selfish and bad is okay.

Nevertheless i can't be sure if Homura is really a bad person. Love is good and if you are powerful enough to love someone back to life what's wrong with that?
I'm just tired of watching stories where good guys make the sacrifice and let the world be happy and in peace. Maybe sometimes the world needs to make the sacrifice.

Anyway, i think we can talk about this series for hours and we still may not be able to reach any answer. That's called Urobuchi style i guess :)

Ahhh, Sayaka and Kyouko scenes are BLESSİNG. I really love Sayaka so much. Seeing her happy and hopeful is everything.

Mami vs Homura just amazing.

Even though we have A LOT MORE question now than before i feel glad that i watched this movie.

9/10
Jan 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
Rewatched the whole thing anime + movie this week since at least 6 years ago.

I don't know if it's because I don't remember it or was more focused on the story but everything seemed more easy to understand. I really loved the animation and narration that felt very unique. The story was also very enjoyable although slightly slow on the first half. It's definitely on the upper side of quality anime, sasuga Shaft.

9.5/10
Jan 22, 2020 6:24 AM

Feb 2018
Homura did a pro gamer move and I love her for it
Mar 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Dec 2019
Woah really... bruh... so this just happened... so for all those braindead you guys that don't get the whole point of this movie and the point of the ending, here is my opinion like if this is not the point the aurthor is tryna give idk what the hell is, okay after all that happened seems like a good move by Homura, i mean the point here is that Homura did everything from the start for Madoka, and in the end she gave Madoka her life back, cause in the scene where they were talking about the decision Madoka maide to become the Law of Order she said she was really afraid but had no choice, so Homura took it all upon her self, she revived Sayaka and Kyouko and now everyone is alive with a normal life style going on plus Kyuubei got punished and he is under control by Homura, that was the whole point of the ending Homura doing everything for Madoka cause she "Love her" as she said, best girl in the series = Homura don't @ me b1tchez
-nv-Mar 29, 2020 3:57 PM
                                                         🖤   

Apr 3, 2020 11:26 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, now I understand why this movie has so many divided opinions.

Honestly, Madoka's decision of saving everyone was so "in character" in the TV-series I can't believe some people think she never wanted to make that wish. Yes, she established she didn't want to be forgotten but she didn't know who she was nor what she had gone through at that moment so of course, she would answer while only considering her current circumstances. I mean, just make this version of Madoka with no recollection of her past go through the events of the TV-series and I'm 100% sure she will still make the same wish of wanting to save every Mahou Shoujo.
Personally, I think Homura just misunderstood this whole conversation at the gardens and as a sad result, she ended up losing the entire focus and spitting on the determination of the person she loves the most, which is indeed sad since it only shows that her character was more broken than I originally thought.

Overall, the production values were outstanding and sequences such as the Homura vs. Mami fight were an absolute joy to watch but this whole movie's plot and outcome felt so unnecessary to me. The TV-series' ending was already perfect and gave a quite satisfactory closure for all the events Homura, Madoka and the other girls had to endure. If anything, I would have preferred this movie to be about the new universe Madoka created and explain how it worked but no. It didn't even explain what was the whole deal about those "Spectres" creatures that replaced the Witches nor in what this "Law of Cycles" consisted of... so yeah, I'm kinda disappointed in that regard.

6/10 - Don't really care about other people but to me, I will consider this movie as a "What If" kind of scenario instead of a sequel. The TV-series' ending was conclusive enough and I really think there was no need of making a continuation. It wasn't a happy ending in the slightest but I prefer my Homura to remain as a character that managed to overcome a cruel cycle of despair and lives by honoring Madoka's "last will" with the hopes of finally meeting her again once her services as a Mahou Shoujo comes to an end.
Apr 19, 2020 3:18 AM

Jan 2020
Dark_Chaos said:

The fact that more than one person couldn't understand that convoluted mess just proves how much of a convoluted mess it was. If your anime/game/manga/whatever can't convey your plot properly to the audience, it has failed and you have failed as a creator, no exceptions. I shouldn't have to watch something more than once to understand it.
I highly disagree with this statement and I think it is very important that I do. This is similar to how a lot of games in the past used to have a higher difficulty level and nowadays you often get some that are easy(easier), thus not feeling as rewarding.
That's also saying like saying all pieces of literature need to be so easy to digest that you shouldn't have to think about them. That's not how it works.
The most memorable pieces, be it anime, a book, a visual novel, manga, whatever, were for me those ones that kept me thinking about them after I finished watching them or while watching them. Those ones I wanted to watch a second, maybe even a third time to better understand the meaning. Those ones that used references to other pieces of literature, movies, etc. . Not everyone has to think the way I do, but depending on what the author intended to say with his work, it makes me feel like there is more to that story than just the usual "I will watch this and forget all about it at some point". They make you interested and invested into the story. They don't spoon-feed you.
But I do agree that some of my favorite pieces are those that can be enjoyed by children as well as adults (Alice in Wonderland, Spirited Away), but it would be so goddamn boring if everything would just be so easy to understand. There is no variety, this is what makes fiction so nice after all, doesn't it?
Apr 23, 2020 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
This feels like a response to anyone who wanted a happier end for the actual series. They get everything they want, but in the most horrific way possible. Even Kyubey, who in the series is more of a chaotic neutral, unfeeling but ultimately not evil, is a straight up antagonist here, I assume because people were angry that he got off free in the original and wanted to see him suffer more?

It's an interesting alternate 'What if' ending to the series but it also could have easily been like a half hour special. It's visually spectacular but it doesn't feel like the stakes are really there for a lot of it. It's fascinating but kind of a mess.
removed-userApr 23, 2020 3:54 PM
Jun 27, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2016
watch this after finished tv series madoka 4 years ago
and this movie is sooo fuckiiingggg gooooddd !!
Aug 18, 2020 9:46 PM
May 2020
I have no words to describe this ...
Sep 5, 2020 7:17 PM

Sep 2018
Hello yes, I just came here after rewatching to say one thing:

Homura did absolutely NOTHING wrong!!
Oct 5, 2020 4:10 PM
Sep 2018
I'm the 1000th message of this thread so yeah....
great movie 9/10
Oct 29, 2020 11:38 PM

Mar 2020
can't wait for a 4th movie or season 2! I hope something comes out soon :-]
Nov 30, 2020 9:58 AM

Jun 2020
Oi. Oi. Oi oi oi oi oi oi what the fuck? What the fucking fuck? I was totally disappointed by this movie right until the last quarter
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 22, 2020 1:22 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
takes a good 30 minutes for stuff to start to go down, but it wasn't pointless, it was just some slow set up

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

» Series spoiler! Is the movie somehow related to the tv series?

Alfreda02 - Sep 23, 2022

11 by daibayuus »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.