Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, that's a catchy OP song (not music of it but the clips used)

Zero 2's appetite is big LOL
It looks like Zero 2 made his relationship with Hiro well known so far at school. This episode also gives more of an introduction to the other characters.

Pacing feels okay for the show so far. There's humor and fan service with teases.

I'm still not really sure how to feel about Hiro. The show really needs to develop him more but since it's a 2 cour, they have plenty of time to do that. Also curious more about that Ichigo girl. Does she have crush on Hiro or something? Some of her actions suggests so....
Stark700Jan 20, 2018 9:34 AM
Jan 20, 2018 7:54 AM

Jan 2015
Oh boy, my body ain’t ready for this thread.
Hate train incoming

Nice episode, I love Zero Two, she’s such a great character
Hopefully this will take a dark route

And yeah, the OP song isn’t that good but the visuals are pretty
XenocrisiJan 20, 2018 7:58 AM
Jan 20, 2018 8:32 AM
Aug 2017
Op song was good, didn't care for the visuals as they where boring and 50% 002 and i don't like her. Episode 2 didn't improve my opinion on this show. The characters act the exact way you'd think they would based off there character design and all of it feels cliche. Hiro hasn't done anything to be interesting, 002 and Zorome actively do things that annoy me. Ichigo and Gorou are ok but that's only because i gravitate to those types of characters. I just feel like i can tell where this is all going.
Jan 20, 2018 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
And now we got the typical "bratty character whose full of himself" only to get disgraced when MC gets his shit together... oh boy... the cliches are so.... bad...
not that Im saying being cliche is over all bad but it depends on how its handled, and this show aint handling it very well.
Jan 20, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent follow up episode.

Zero Two's the best character in the show this moment. She's pretty amusing to watch.

There were some interesting name drops and hints with the 'Papa' and stuff.

The way they pilot the mech's in the show are ummm, 'Interesting' to say the least. XD
Too bad Hiro couldn't connect with Ichigo.

Jan 20, 2018 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
Hey Doc, how does your mecha works?

Doc: The mecha is powered by Hi-ERo particles love so we can fight the evil Penguins Kyouryuu.

They are just remaking Kenzen Robo Daimidaler with a drama twist. Which is a shame, because there is good animation, Zero Two character is interesting and the OST is amazing.

I will keep my expectations so low that, if it was a thermostat, it would be enough to freeze hell, because my bet is that we are heading for some cringeworthy kids drama.

AdrianRubinskyJan 20, 2018 9:50 AM
Jan 20, 2018 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
They way the girls have to ride those mechs... damn. How can you not connect connect Hiro? lel.

The show is admittedly a bit tropey so far, but it's done well and I'm interested where they're going with this.
Jan 20, 2018 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
Well I think it's not an better follow-up than the first but I think we got an idea of the characters. While they aren't the most stand-out per say I don't really think it's a bad thing honestly. I do like Zero Two the most out of them aside from maybe the girl with the brown-ish hair.

We haven't gotten much either but maybe episode 3 will be even more based so who knows, we'll have to see.
Jan 20, 2018 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
Come on show, you got the fucking potential to be something like 9th episode of TTGL don't disappoint me! The MC for now really look like another generic wimpy, useless, retarded, dense, without balls and spine for good nothing loser - i hope it get better.

The same goes for the site characters because they are ridiculously cliche:

- childhood friend ? check
- oujo-sama character ? check
- idol girl ? check
- student council president girl ? check

But Holy Tits those mecha designs are absolutely sick! Also i like how is that the males are the main pilots here but the whole concept of those mecha machines is designed to look just like female pilots, also that "butt controls" are hilarious.

Can't wait for someone to call this show to be sexist. Also the ED is great.
SwagernatorJan 20, 2018 9:53 AM
Jan 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
Very clichè, but the service, the animations and the constant tension is very good and keep you interested.

Oh, also how the system work, the pilot grab the suit "ass" of the girls, is a masterpiece. Good job Trigger, good job.

4/5
Fn76Jan 20, 2018 9:57 AM
Jan 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
There were so many butt shots in this episode. The OP is okay. Ichigo is such a jealous girl. She wants Hiro all to herself. The mock battle didn't go so well for them. Zorome being so full of himself was annoying. Zero Two is the best character so far.
Jan 20, 2018 9:53 AM

Apr 2015
I was wondering if this would be kiznaiver's love triangle mess but with mechs... I'll have to keep watching lol.

Though pretty fun so far, I'm not expecting it to be a masterpiece but aslong as it's entertaining to some degree I'll be fine with it. ^^ ( goro is cute lol )

Jan 20, 2018 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
oh damn Ichigo clearly loves Hiro deep inside but this Hiro dude wants 002 instead lol

and best girl is this one

Jan 20, 2018 9:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty nice OP and ED songs but the lyrics and some of the visuals in the OP makes me even more scared that tragedy will be upon us >.<

As for the episode, I felt that it was a great follow up to the exposition and action that we got last week with us getting more focus on the cast and I must say that so far, I have no issues with anyone apart from the annoying brown haired kid

Nobody really stood out that much apart from Ichigo (Kinda feel bad for her since she clearly likes Hiro and is just taking L's left right and center with him), Miki and the brown haired kid (And I guess to an extent the blonde guy) but that can easily be solved as the series progresses since we're getting 24 eps in total

I enjoyed seeing the other Franxx and how they move, as well as getting a more detailed explanation and first hand account of how piloting them actually works (I laughed at how the girls moaned when they first got in lol - I really appreciated all of the ass shots in this ep too huehuehue)

Zero Two continues to show why she's best girl and I like that Hiro is enthusiastic about piloting and isn't taking shit from that annoying ass brown haired kid too....This failure that he and Ichigo had (Dat kiss tho) might be a step back for him but I'm hoping that Zero Two will help him deal with it so that they both can make more steps towards getting their partnership approved

Overall, great episode yet again this week and I'm looking forward to the next - Also Imma need a fanservice scene for Nana so that the manga can take it to the next level like they did for Zero Two in ep 1 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 20, 2018 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
im not gonna be surprise if there will be no deaths on this mecha show since they did not kill the previous partner girl of Hiro anyway like she survived from last episode
Jan 20, 2018 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
isekai said:
im not gonna be surprise if there will be no deaths on this mecha show since they did not kill the previous partner girl of Hiro anyway like she survived from last episode
Nah, the foreshadowing for tragic shit is real, but as for the girl, I feel like they're either lying about her surviving or that she's gonna be in REALLY BAD shape whenever we do see her again
Jan 20, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
they should add triple XXX to the title lol Darling in the FranXXX

Tokoya said:
isekai said:
Nah, the foreshadowing for tragic shit is real, but as for the girl, I feel like they're either lying about her surviving or that she's gonna be in REALLY BAD shape whenever we do see her again

welp im fine either way
Jan 20, 2018 10:05 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa whoa whoa, that's how they operate a Franxx, the guy sit's at the back while the girl is on a straddle position in front of the guy and has those two what looks like stirring wheels that protrude behind her ????? Man that like them doing the doggy style.
Jan 20, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2016
TTGL is dick metaphors and this show is sex metaphors, got it!

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jan 20, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2017
this anime needs to learn how to r e s p e c t w o m e n.

probably going to drop this next episode
Jan 20, 2018 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
The second episode of Darling was fine in my opinion. The overall tone of the narrative is still pretty dull, but Lala 2.0 and Zorome manage to give the episode some energy to the show. After watching the last minutes of Ichigo and Hiro, I think I am starting understand where they want to take Hiro for Darling FRANXX. I suspect the protagonist is supposed to be this depressed guy like Shinji, who will eventually gain some personality when Lala 2.0 guides him to the right direction.

I am hoping that we get Hiro and Lala 2.0's chemistry as soon as possible, because I can see many people lose interest for the show if Hiro still a non-expressive personality over the course of episodes. Everything else is fine, but the narrative tone, Ichigo, and the MC needs improvement. Watching this is like seeing Trigger trapped in A-1's birdcage. The Trigger talent is still there with some of the energetic characters and the great animation. But, it feels like A-1 is moderating too much of Trigger's decisions, that the result ends up making Darling less fun than what it is suppose to be.
Jan 20, 2018 10:10 AM

May 2013
02 won the battle for hiro
felt bad for ichigo but i like 02 more and 02 is more suitable to hiro in my opinion
btw i love how the ride the franx
5/5
Jan 20, 2018 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
It's like the character designs are talking more than the people themselves. Hiro's monologues didn't stop being annoying. The fanservice with the plugsuits is neat but the archetypes and the events are beyond tired.
Jan 20, 2018 10:14 AM
May 2016
That is the most interesting way to pilot a mecha i've ever seen. Especially the conrtol module. The girl just lift up their ass and let the pilot savor the view. If i were the pilot, i'll be dead the second when i faced the klaxosaur, because you know why.

If ichigo did have feelings for Hiro, then i feel bad for her because obviously Zero Two is the best girl in the series. (Okay that doesn't make sense)

Let's see how things turn out in the next episode. I hate the wait
Jan 20, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
I think this episode is gonna turn a lot of people off from this show, especially those who stick to SoL / generic mainstream anime.

I don't like the mecha designs, same as I don't like the TTGL designs. Too human I guess, at least Gundams look mechanical.

The obvious doggy style sex in the cockpit was not unexpected given the bits and pieces I have seen from previous Trigger shows. I can just ignore it, it won't hinder my ability to enjoy the show.

I will enjoy this show a lot more when the couple gets together, but it will annoy me to no end if the MC spends the whole anime being embarrassed or being unwilling to commit to her / show the same interest as she does.

I like this show but it's only the second episode so any sort of actual judgment is pretty pointless right now.

Finally, as for the OP / ED - the OP is pretty nice. ED felt very Idol-ish, not sure how to describe it. High pitched cutesy voices singing in unison. Not really a fan of that style at all.
ex_necrossJan 20, 2018 10:25 AM
Jan 20, 2018 10:19 AM
Jan 2018
We got some pretty good character development in this episode. People keep saying this is an Evangelion clone,, but it's not that similar.
The MC is confident and willing to pilot a mecha
The main girl and her dynamic with the MC is completely different
The mecha designs are a lot more human-like compared to EVA units
The main cast communicate a lot with each other
Jan 20, 2018 10:20 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I liked this episode. Seems like a bunch of the guys and Ichigo are pretty salty that Hiro is compatible with Zero Two. Not to mention the conversations between the characters gave me some Kiznaiver vibes given they talk about compatibility and all that. Also the mech designs look sweet and it is pretty cool that male's get to "pilot" the females, making Trigger show some nice ass shots for fanservice.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 20, 2018 10:21 AM

Sep 2015
Ichigo jealousy to the max. Zero Two simply just chill, she knows Ichigo can't win over Hiro. Sum it up Zero Two forever main wife upperhand:)

As for Hiro? Sigh, he is sexually attracted to Zero Two thats why he become ED with other girls.
valvravetruthJan 20, 2018 10:51 AM
Jan 20, 2018 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
I just want to see Zero Two and Hiro fuck over that one dude in a battle
Jan 20, 2018 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
It seems pretty obvious that Hiro's lack of personality is part of his personality, and it creates a wall with those around him that only a take charge girl like 02 can break down.
That's probably why he can pilot with her, Ichigo is too passive and only wants to stand behind Hiro as a result neither of them actually cross each other.
Pushing Hiro doesn't work because he doesn't really see any benefit in going forward, whereas 02 will just drag him anyway which is why he can get moving.

Or so I pretentiously think.
Jan 20, 2018 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
I really dislike 02, I can't believe I have to see her in every episode.
She's so full of herself.
Jan 20, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Jessiegg said:
cant handle seeing a strong woman take what she wants?
Jan 20, 2018 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
Jessiegg said:

I think thats the point why she can pilot with hiro though, hiro seems more like someone who's passive and thats why he cant get to pilot the mecha with the other girls which are all more in some kind of "supporting" role.

Since 002 takes charge and is confident in her ability to fuck shit up, she works perfectly with hiro who seems like he's a "supporter" at least thats the impression I got from this EP.
Jan 20, 2018 10:45 AM
Oct 2017
Looking good so far for me. Although i have a sneaking suspicion that the pilots are called "parasites" for a pretty dark reason and that the bad guys are probably the "papa"s. But these are all just baseless theories so dont mind me :p
Jan 20, 2018 10:45 AM
Jun 2015
Studio Trigger back at it with fanservice xD
I am just.... speechless after this episode xD
Jan 20, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
I love the aesthetic of this show... The characters look really cool, especially 02, Gorou, Ichigo and of course Hiro.
Jan 20, 2018 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
I mean wow... they didn't even try to be subtle. This show is just one giant sex metaphor and I love it.
Jan 20, 2018 10:47 AM
Oct 2017
Robinxen said:
It seems pretty obvious that Hiro's lack of personality is part of his personality

You see that small explosion in the distance? Thats my brain XD
Jan 20, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like Kill la Kill is still the only Trigger anime I like, I can't stand the characters, with the main duo being the worst of them, the random fanservice is so unnecesary, the mecha designs are ugly as fuck... I really don't have anything positive to say of this first two episodes, and this time I won't stick to two cours of this as I did with LWA for some dumb reason.
Jan 20, 2018 10:50 AM
Jan 2011
The netorare is strong...
Jan 20, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2010
the mecha designs are super lame!

i expected this show to be about mechs and action but instead its about oversexualized position in mechs and asses and kissing.

If this is what this show really is about then i rather drop this garbage right now.
Jan 20, 2018 10:51 AM
Oct 2017
So far this show is okay, the cliches are getting in the way for it being good or great. This does have Studio Triggers name on it though, so i bet they have something up their sleeve.
Jan 20, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2010
MetaThPr4h said:
Looks like Kill la Kill is still the only Trigger anime I like, I can't stand the characters, with the main duo being the worst of them, the random fanservice is so unnecesary, the mecha designs are ugly as fuck... I really don't have anything positive to say of this first two episodes, and this time I won't stick to two cours of this as I did with LWA for some dumb reason.

absolutely agreed. I hated Kiznaiver and just dropped this show cause its not worth watching for many reason.
Jan 20, 2018 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
BluePikmin11 said:
Watching this is like seeing Trigger trapped in A-1's birdcage. The Trigger talent is still there with some of the energetic characters and the great animation. But, it feels like A-1 is moderating too much of Trigger's decisions, that the result ends up making Darling less fun than what it is suppose to be.

Jesus christ, I wish this meme or even worse actual misconception would die already. On paper it's a A-1 show FEATURING Trigger, if you dig deeper it's Ex Gainax staff all over the place. Trigger does not hold creative control outside of mech designs and action storyboards. Heck, even the so good animation you're praising has been solely done by A-1 staff which again is mostly Ex Gainax staff. Seriously, if we start some sort of studio elitism, at least let's do it properly.
Jan 20, 2018 10:56 AM

Mar 2016
Yriel said:
Jessiegg said:

I think thats the point why she can pilot with hiro though, hiro seems more like someone who's passive and thats why he cant get to pilot the mecha with the other girls which are all more in some kind of "supporting" role.

Since 002 takes charge and is confident in her ability to fuck shit up, she works perfectly with hiro who seems like he's a "supporter" at least thats the impression I got from this EP.

That's fair enough. I just hate her attitude, like she knows better than anyone else on earth how anything works. She could take charge with Hiro without being like that.
Jan 20, 2018 10:56 AM

Sep 2017
The mecha controls basically being doggy style with the control sticks attached to the girls ass was pretty unnecessary. I mean whatever, if the show is interesting enough it won't conflict with my enjoyment. Zero Two is easily the most interesting character so far, but with 24 eps I'm hoping some of the other pilot squads get some good development. I'm really into the mecha designs tho and am expecting some hella cool action sequences in the future.
Jan 20, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
Jessiegg said:
Yriel said:

That's fair enough. I just hate her attitude, like she knows better than anyone else on earth how anything works. She could take charge with Hiro without being like that.

Yeah thats fair enough, its propably going to be difficult to enjoy this for you then because I think 002 will be the one with perhaps the most screentime over the whole anime.
Jan 20, 2018 11:00 AM
Jul 2016
I completely agree with Ichigo statement: „Hiro, you were awful”.
Jan 20, 2018 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
MetaThPr4h said:

thanks for letting us know, bye
Jan 20, 2018 11:01 AM
Jun 2017
Pretty ok so far. Teens with drama is expected as such
Fire Emblem anime when
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM

» Did she knew him before that blood sucking episode

rishamr - Feb 15

29 by Aminah_D »»
Mar 3, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.