Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Feb 2015
Will probs watch it just to see what they did to the old adaptation, even if I find short to nothing redeemable in the first preview, be it VA, art, or ost. Story will hopefully keep me from giving it a really low score, but the rest is off to a bad start as far as I'm concerned.

And the worst is yet to come, with the reveal of Oberstein, Reuenthal, Mittermeyer, Trunhit(mess him up as much as you want to), Rubinsky and many others design. And i'll probably lose it when "people" will start shipping the characters.

Anyway, the day they decide to seriously put the new arts as the characters' picture will be the day I'll make a collage of my favs.
rahillimitciSep 21, 2017 5:28 PM
Sep 22, 2017 2:33 AM
Apr 2014
24 episodes? So, will they adapt, like, a fifth part of the story, or is it gonna be a REALLY fast-paced adaptation? I have a hard time imagining this so far, but oh well. Besides, Mamoru Miyano on the lead can't be bad. And in any case, the old series won't go anywhere.
Sep 22, 2017 5:56 AM
Jul 2016
The only thing that I'd complain about is Reinhard's voice. Back then it was just perfect ;____;
Sep 22, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2008
>old character profile pictures have been returned

God's in Heaven, all is well on MAL.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 22, 2017 10:30 AM
Oct 2015
gghelis said:
24 episodes? So, will they adapt, like, a fifth part of the story, or is it gonna be a REALLY fast-paced adaptation? I have a hard time imagining this so far, but oh well. Besides, Mamoru Miyano on the lead can't be bad. And in any case, the old series won't go anywhere.

Apparently, an article came out along with the PV in which it was said they were adapting the 1 rst volume, out of 10 mind you, into the first season (12 eps), so 25 would be about 1/5 to 1/4 into the story. So no, they're not cramming the whole story into 25 episodes.

Kinda understandable, the anime market being what it is. They're not going to just flat out announce a 100+ full episodes project right out the door. If the first season does well enough, I expect they'll continue it.
Sep 22, 2017 10:35 AM
Apr 2014
LeanMeanMachine said:
gghelis said:

Apparently, an article came out along with the PV in which it was said they were adapting the 1 rst volume, out of 10 mind you, into the first season (12 eps), so 25 would be about 1/5 to 1/4 into the story. So no, they're not cramming the whole story into 25 episodes.

Kinda understandable, the anime market being what it is. They're not going to just flat out announce a 100+ full episodes project right out the door. If the first season does well enough, I expect they'll continue it.

Oh, I see. That's reassuring. Let's hope they don't "Berserk" it.
Sep 22, 2017 10:44 AM

Jan 2017
gghelis said:
LeanMeanMachine said:

Oh, I see. That's reassuring. Let's hope they don't "Berserk" it.

They won't. Production ig doesn't mess around. The adaptation might not be as good as the original but it won't be as bad as the new berserk.
Sep 22, 2017 3:57 PM

Aug 2016
Kind of disappointed with the art style, and my only other problem is that the voiceactors aren't the same (For several reasons) since I really liked the voices of the first one. Other than that I'm hyped as fuck. I feel like the space battles have a chance to be 10x better in the new one. I feel like it could surpass the original adaptation.

Keeping my hopes up high so when they inevitably do one thing not as good as the original I can be all pissed about it!
Sep 22, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2014
Ehta said:
PaladinAlchemist said:

So . . . you don't want people to watch it . . .

Also, check out the gif posted earlier in the form. The original had plenty of fujo bait.

Not what I meant haha. I hope the fujoshits don't come upon this show and watch it.

More would be attracted to the new version since the animation is way better. Most won't go near the old animation. And some may not even know about the original ver.

Why not welcome fujoshi though?? Isn't more fans better? I've never understood the concept of "wrong kind of fans."

Also, fellow fujoshi here, and I LOVE the original & like the older style better, so not all of us are that way. To be fair, you said "most" and not "all." :)
Sep 22, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2010
Kittens-kun said:
Wow, I didn't think people would get this fucking triggered over a single PV. I know you elitists think that any remake is trash because you suck off oldies really hard, but damn. Why don't you wait until it actually airs before deciding it is an abomination?

And all the crying over character designs? Really? They're just updating them for modern audiences. Madhouse did the same thing with Parasyte, and how did that turn out? Yeah, perfectly fine. Some people even liked the anime more than the manga.

I love most anime that comes out every season, but having seen the original and the gaidens to this show the designs in this PV are terrible and bland. I think they should've gotten the character designer for Psycho Pass or Ghost in the Shell it would've fit more with the atmosphere of the series. The thing with Parasyte is that the character designs actually fit with the show's tone while giving it a more modern feel. Having the KnB designer use similar drawings from a shounen/sports anime just clashes with the sci-fi/space opera tone it just does not work out too well. The designer couldn't even get neither Reinhard's or Kircheis's hairstyle right. Reinhard's is wavy and Kircheis's is very curly and here both hair styles are very straight.

The animation itself is beautiful especially the battleships. I think it is kinda stupid that people are boycotting this though based on a 1 minute PV I'm still watching it I mean as long as it follows the novels or closely to the original series it will easily be AOTY.

Just be thankful it isn't another Berserk guys.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 22, 2017 11:07 PM
Nov 2013
Roloko said:
Kittens-kun said:
Wow, I didn't think people would get this fucking triggered over a single PV. I know you elitists think that any remake is trash because you suck off oldies really hard, but damn. Why don't you wait until it actually airs before deciding it is an abomination?

And all the crying over character designs? Really? They're just updating them for modern audiences. Madhouse did the same thing with Parasyte, and how did that turn out? Yeah, perfectly fine. Some people even liked the anime more than the manga.

I love most anime that comes out every season, but having seen the original and the gaidens to this show the designs in this PV are terrible and bland. I think they should've gotten the character designer for Psycho Pass or Ghost in the Shell it would've fit more with the atmosphere of the series. The thing with Parasyte is that the character designs actually fit with the show's tone while giving it a more modern feel. Having the KnB designer use similar drawings from a shounen/sports anime just clashes with the sci-fi/space opera tone it just does not work out too well. The designer couldn't even get neither Reinhard's or Kircheis's hairstyle right. Reinhard's is wavy and Kircheis's is very curly and here both hair styles are very straight.

The animation itself is beautiful especially the battleships. I think it is kinda stupid that people are boycotting this though based on a 1 minute PV I'm still watching it I mean as long as it follows the novels or closely to the original series it will easily be AOTY.

Just be thankful it isn't another Berserk guys.

Exactly, people shouldn't be having a meltdown acting like this is berserk where everything went wrong. its just that if you have seen the original series then this new show had a LOT hype and potential to live up to that it would never be able to really meet. If anyone complained about the CGI or the voice actors or the animation quality in the pv, they would be nit-picking assholes. this PV however does beg us to answer the question of "why do all the main characters look like they are from kuroko no basket instead of their iconic designs?". obviously because its easier to animate them with the simpler designs especially when you got the KNB animation team working on it. But at what cost does making it easier like that get us. imagine if they did the same thing to lupin the third part 4 or jojos bizarre adventure or other reboots where they said "fuck it we got to make it easier to animate, better change the whole design without considering how that would change the shows appearance" in order to "please a more general audience". hell id take the 90's remastered designs over this one because of how much better they would fit.

I remember watching a Canipa effect video about anime that are better being picturesque vs fluidly animated and LOTGH was the epitome of picturesque anime that didn't need a lot of frames of animation to get the job well done.

Now I am not saying these designs for the new show are god awful, just mediocre to say the least but if everything else pans out. (especially with how well they captured the epic scale of space warfare and the regalness of rienhards ship) this will still be AOTY barring an incident were they fuck up the other designs beyond repair like Reuenthal, Mittenmeyer and Oberstien .
Sep 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Oct 2015
Takamura-sama said:

I will boycott it after I watched it.

Oh I really lose my sense here. Well What ever I will watch it.
Sep 23, 2017 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
PaladinAlchemist said:
Ehta said:

Not what I meant haha. I hope the fujoshits don't come upon this show and watch it.

More would be attracted to the new version since the animation is way better. Most won't go near the old animation. And some may not even know about the original ver.

Why not welcome fujoshi though?? Isn't more fans better? I've never understood the concept of "wrong kind of fans."

Also, fellow fujoshi here, and I LOVE the original & like the older style better, so not all of us are that way. To be fair, you said "most" and not "all." :)

Well I guess you're right about that. Now that I actually think about it, it probably wouldn't be THAT bad. Fanart would be nice and if they doujins are GOOD, that'd also be nice. But if girls started turning this all into something big or something, I'd have a problem.
woah there
Sep 24, 2017 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
This project looks awful in all aspects, just forget his existence and enjoy the original one.

Sep 24, 2017 5:50 PM
May 2015
no issue with the character designs. i prefer the old ones but these are decent as well. not sure i like Kircheis though. i remember a big feature of his character being his big doe eyes, and he doesnt have that look at all.

also, thsi is based off a written novel, not a 1980s-90s anime. there is no reason prod IG shouldn't tweak the art style to their liking.

im moderately concerned about how few characters were shown, as this should have a huge cast. won't overreact but i hope that doesn't mean they're trimming the story to shove it all into some 2 cour anime or something.

also reinhard should have a high pitched voice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 6:49 AM

May 2013
I knew these kinds of things would happen since they announce that there was going to be a 2017 version and it didn't dissapoint, these rage and meltdowns across the LOTGH community is gonna be hilarious to watch. This is gonna be fun, I can't wait until April
Sep 25, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2010
Well, no matter how good this season will be I will still say that the old one was better... so I won't bother much.

It was impossible from the get go seeing how voice actor of my most favourite anime character of all time is already dead and I will accept no other for this role till the end of time. Now I also have to add another complain how that character looks surprisingly young. Younger than Reinhard at at! Still other than looking too young, it's not too bad, the hat is still there at least.

Surprisingly though Reinhard is quite the opposite. Ever since watching DeathNote back which was my gateway to other than shounen anime, there was not a single time I complained about Mamoru taking any role and I guess he fits here. Then design-wise, Reinhard actually looks more buff-up and manly than the old one which is good I think. Getting used to new design is naturally nearly impossible but at the very least he looks like someone who went through harsh childhood and military training and went through few harsh missions on foot.

Well, my only hope is that they don't butcher the series and seeing how I don't feel too bad after watching the trailer so... well done I guess. I will try to not complain too much at least till I see the first episode. Still... that Yang design though... HRHRHRHRHRHRHR!
Sep 25, 2017 5:30 PM
Aug 2012
yeah bro same bro im going to boycott the FUck out of this bs..
Sep 27, 2017 10:53 PM

Sep 2014
eso18 said:
Still... that Yang design though... HRHRHRHRHRHRHR!

I actually don't mind Yang's new design and voice, it looked kinda ok to me, that gay Reinhard on the other hand..
Oct 7, 2017 4:52 AM

Mar 2016
eso18 said:
Surprisingly though Reinhard is quite the opposite. Ever since watching DeathNote back which was my gateway to other than shounen anime, there was not a single time I complained about Mamoru taking any role and I guess he fits here. Then design-wise, Reinhard actually looks more buff-up and manly than the old one which is good I think. Getting used to new design is naturally nearly impossible but at the very least he looks like someone who went through harsh childhood and military training and went through few harsh missions on foot.

I actually dislike the new Reinhard character design. He wasn't much of a footsoldier, really, and the new character design makes him look like a generic main love interest in a generic shoujo romance, with uniform. Great conquerors he's based on were rarely noted for great strength and masculine looks, and many were actually considered to be not very manly at the time (Caesar in particular, especially at comparable age).

I think this look is a failure on the part of the authors.
Oct 11, 2017 2:59 AM
Aug 2013
Its like they took character from Kuroko no Basket and put them in a space opera lmao
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Oct 17, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2015
I think we should be thankful that Yang, Reinhard and Kircheis aren't voiced by girls.
Oct 23, 2017 11:48 PM

Jul 2013
Guys... it's NOT a remake. It's an adaptation of the novels, just like the originals were.

Personally I thought this looked fantastic. I'm excited. They mostly kept the art style of the old series intact. I was worried they were going to really overdo it with a current modern moe style or something like that, but they really toned it down keeping only the minimum of modern style in it. I thought the voices fit the characters as well.

And seriously, people comparing this to shoujo or yaoi art... did you seriously not watch the old series? And have you seriously not seen that much yaoi or shoujo art? I mean, damn, the art in those is WAYYY worse as far as making the male characters look way too feminine.

I thought the CG actually looked really good too, considering the crappy CG anime usually has.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Oct 24, 2017 12:33 AM

Apr 2011
How do you expect them to sell this boring cartoon if there's no fujoshi bait in it ?
Oct 26, 2017 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
Fujoshi Bait

More Fujoshi Bait

I mean, the character designs in the new adaptation are considerably less fujoshi bait than in the old one.

Of course, the 80s designs were the best:

That said, compare them side by side, and you'll see the new designs are in fact closer to the 80s designs than the 90s designs. The 90s designs look far more yaoi-ish if you ask me.

New design for comparison:

(All you need to do is scroll up and see that yaoi-ish GIF to see the 90s version)
HraktuusOct 26, 2017 6:39 PM
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 3, 2017 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Came here to actually see how they think about the remake, Because I'm in the middle of deciding "Should I watch the original" or "Wait for the remake". And I see is a bunch of people getting triggered about a 1 minute PV. Lmao never seen people so butthurt about such slightest of things. I guess I'll wait for the remake probably cause I liked the art style of this more then the original one, But I'm so confused how they will convert 100+ episodes into 12....Guess I'll finish the 12 episodes and then move forward to the original one if they can't cover all of them.
Nov 3, 2017 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Give it a fucking chance? The cinematography from trailer clearly shows the lack of effort. What in the flying fuck happened to the anime industry?
Nov 7, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
EngravedinDeath said:
Came here to actually see how they think about the remake, Because I'm in the middle of deciding "Should I watch the original" or "Wait for the remake". And I see is a bunch of people getting triggered about a 1 minute PV. Lmao never seen people so butthurt about such slightest of things. I guess I'll wait for the remake probably cause I liked the art style of this more then the original one, But I'm so confused how they will convert 100+ episodes into 12....Guess I'll finish the 12 episodes and then move forward to the original one if they can't cover all of them.

I mean... it's not actually a remake. It's just a new adaptation of the novels. People thinking it is a remake of the old series is a big part of the problem. I'd say go ahead and start the old series. You're not really going to be ruining the new series or anything. Also... they aren't converting 100+ episodes into 12. These are just the first 12 they are releasing which will cover a specific period of time. There's going to be movies after it, and after the movies it's anyone's guess. If it does well in Japan, they'll probably keep making the new series and adapt all of the novels like the old series did.

binOsbi said:
Give it a fucking chance? The cinematography from trailer clearly shows the lack of effort. What in the flying fuck happened to the anime industry?

I'm seriously not seeing how there was a lack of effort. It looks like a lot more effort was put into this than most anime.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 7, 2017 10:07 AM

Aug 2017
Hraktuus said:
EngravedinDeath said:

I mean... it's not actually a remake. It's just a new adaptation of the novels. People thinking it is a remake of the old series is a big part of the problem. I'd say go ahead and start the old series. You're not really going to be ruining the new series or anything. Also... they aren't converting 100+ episodes into 12. These are just the first 12 they are releasing which will cover a specific period of time. There's going to be movies after it, and after the movies it's anyone's guess. If it does well in Japan, they'll probably keep making the new series and adapt all of the novels like the old series did.

binOsbi said:

I'm seriously not seeing how there was a lack of effort. It looks like a lot more effort was put into this than most anime.
Thanks for you're help. I actually thought this was a remake of the original version, Well...Then there's no point waiting for this, I'll start watching the original then.
Nov 7, 2017 10:09 AM

Nov 2015
great now i won't have to actually try old series, I'll just go with this and ofc that's most likely where i'll finish this series with.
Nov 7, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
EngravedinDeath said:
Hraktuus said:

Thanks for you're help. I actually thought this was a remake of the original version, Well...Then there's no point waiting for this, I'll start watching the original then.

You're welcome. I'm just glad someone heard me out on this point! XD There's wayyy too much false information being thrown around about the new series.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 7, 2017 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
Hraktuus said:
EngravedinDeath said:

Thats cute. This effort is comparable to Ghost in the Shell (1995)?

binOsbi said:

Hraktuus said:
EngravedinDeath said:

binOsbi said:

That's cute. This effort is comparable to Ghost in the Shell (1995)?
Nov 7, 2017 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
since i've never seen the original version to begin with i don't know what the fuss is about

(obligatory confused comment)
Nov 15, 2017 1:46 AM
Sep 2013
Nope, I was the same. Usuallly a remake is bad, really bad. Berserk for example is a great anime yet the remake is gross. Most anime that have been great at their time are now remaked by studios who have no connection whatsoever. I don't even want to know how bad will it be.
Nov 19, 2017 7:11 PM

Oct 2008
I just finished watching all the LoGH episodes and absolutely loved the series! I also look forward to this new remake(?) of the series. I'm just glad to have more LoGH to look forward to. If anything, this new series will hopefully bring some attention and new watchers to the original version of LoGH.
Nov 30, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
"Yo Kircheis, do we shoot some baskets?"
"You are my light and I am your shadow, Reinhard-senpai."
Nov 30, 2017 5:31 AM

Oct 2015
At least it's Production I.G. could've been worse tbh
Dec 10, 2017 1:50 AM
Jan 2015
yes .. I absolutely loved the new version .. old version is slow and shit ..
Dec 18, 2017 12:50 PM
Sep 2016
nekkoMaster said:
yes .. I absolutely loved the new version .. old version is slow and shit ..

how to trigger elitist
Dec 22, 2017 4:14 AM

Jun 2010
Dunno man, I love Space Operas.
Dec 25, 2017 8:53 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Well, The PV didn't show any kind of instant death flags so far, so I wouldn't have a reason to boycott this like I did with Berserk 2017. If anything, I'd watch the first episode in any case to see it in action.

That being said, the show walking the path of the lowest common denominator is quite evident in every respect that could be accurately gauged from the video. Character designs and voice acting are generic af; Yang's is particularly undescriptive of his personality, which is a crying shame—he's an amazing character who deserves better. Space battle visuals have been updated but their direction is still stuck somewhere in the distant past; I mean Gundams' space warfare scenes were less lethargic even in the 90s, back when shit had to be animated entirely by hand, than the all-CG scenes seen in this PV from the late 2010s—which contrasts jarringly with the revamped and highly detailed ship designs. So what sort of budgetary optimization pit did the 20–30 years of industry experience and best practices get thrown into?

The old series is by no means perfect and there are more than a few aspects that in my opinion betrayed its lofty aspirations, but instead of receiving the FMA/HxH/Hellsing "let's do everything right this time" treatment it deserves (and one I originally expected from the new series), I see something that doesn't even aim as high as the original did, so I doubt it would address many of those issues... in fact I expect more new issues to arise as the result. Though, considering the times and the change in format, I'm sure pacing will be tighter in the new series, which is good because the original's was uneven and often quite weak.
Dec 27, 2017 11:11 AM
Aug 2017
Literally star wars....
Jan 2, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
moozooh said:
Well, The PV didn't show any kind of instant death flags so far, so I wouldn't have a reason to boycott this like I did with Berserk 2017. If anything, I'd watch the first episode in any case to see it in action.

That being said, the show walking the path of the lowest common denominator is quite evident in every respect that could be accurately gauged from the video. Character designs and voice acting are generic af; Yang's is particularly undescriptive of his personality, which is a crying shame—he's an amazing character who deserves better. Space battle visuals have been updated but their direction is still stuck somewhere in the distant past; I mean Gundams' space warfare scenes were less lethargic even in the 90s, back when shit had to be animated entirely by hand, than the all-CG scenes seen in this PV from the late 2010s—which contrasts jarringly with the revamped and highly detailed ship designs. So what sort of budgetary optimization pit did the 20–30 years of industry experience and best practices get thrown into?

The old series is by no means perfect and there are more than a few aspects that in my opinion betrayed its lofty aspirations, but instead of receiving the FMA/HxH/Hellsing "let's do everything right this time" treatment it deserves (and one I originally expected from the new series), I see something that doesn't even aim as high as the original did, so I doubt it would address many of those issues... in fact I expect more new issues to arise as the result. Though, considering the times and the change in format, I'm sure pacing will be tighter in the new series, which is good because the original's was uneven and often quite weak.

As long as it follows the plot of the novels exactly, it's not going to be bad. People can bitch about the art style and whatever else all they want. If this new adaptation has that plot, it's going to be good. And nothing has been said to indicate that it will have anything other than the plot of the novels.

Of course, I do recognize, say, the ability of the right or wrong soundtrack to make or break a franchise. The original Star Wars, for example, could have been entirely broken had it not gone with a symphonic score and instead opted for some funky 70s music. Hopefully they stick with Mahler and others in this new adaptation.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jan 2, 2018 7:19 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Hraktuus said:
As long as it follows the plot of the novels exactly, it's not going to be bad. People can bitch about the art style and whatever else all they want. If this new adaptation has that plot, it's going to be good.

Of course it's not that easy. It's not just the soundtrack—acting, art style/quality, and especially direction can all easily break an adaptation. Both together and on their own.

It's no coincidence that people mention Berserk 2016/2017 here—it had arguably one of the best source materials out there to adapt from, and following the plot was pretty much the only thing it managed to accomplish, so by your model of expectations, it would be good as well. It definitely wasn't anywhere close to that.
Jan 3, 2018 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
moozooh said:
Hraktuus said:
As long as it follows the plot of the novels exactly, it's not going to be bad. People can bitch about the art style and whatever else all they want. If this new adaptation has that plot, it's going to be good.

Of course it's not that easy. It's not just the soundtrack—acting, art style/quality, and especially direction can all easily break an adaptation. Both together and on their own.

It's no coincidence that people mention Berserk 2016/2017 here—it had arguably one of the best source materials out there to adapt from, and following the plot was pretty much the only thing it managed to accomplish, so by your model of expectations, it would be good as well. It definitely wasn't anywhere close to that.

I'm just not seeing anything glaringly bad about the voice acting or the art style in the trailer. I think people want to hate it because it isn't exactly the same (even though the art direction is mostly the same other than the character design and the ships being CG). This likely won't get rated as highly as the first series because of that, but there's no way it will get rated as low or lower than Golden Wings.

At worst, it will get a mediocre rating. But honestly I'm betting there will be few differences from the first series.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jan 3, 2018 6:53 AM
Mar 2013
Only 5 of the 10 novels are translated to English, but apparently there's some filler in the old 110 episode epic that can be cut out because it's not in the novels at all. Mainly court related stuff with the old dynasty stands out as being filler added to the anime not present in the books.

Jan 4, 2018 9:17 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Hraktuus said:
I'm just not seeing anything glaringly bad about the voice acting or the art style in the trailer. I think people want to hate it because it isn't exactly the same (even though the art direction is mostly the same other than the character design and the ships being CG).

Tbh I'm not sure why you're quoting my posts while referring to abstract "people" (which I am, going by the content of my initial post, likely not a part of) and not addressing any of the particular points I made. Are you trying to make a conversation, or just expressing your opinion? Because I'm getting these quote notifications and foolishly assuming the former every time. :(

That said, it's not like this is the first time a modern reboot of a beloved adaptation like this happened. Just the previous season we had Kino's Journey which raised similar concerns initially and ended up pretty much exactly as predicted very early on: lacking personality and woefully mediocre on every count, despite the quality source material and the high production budget. Telling signs aren't something you can only see when you finish watching; they're always present, even in early promotion materials. So in a discussion of said early promotion materials it would make sense to discuss those signs and their validity, if at all, and not just dismissing the arguments however valid they can be.
Jan 9, 2018 1:56 AM

Apr 2017
Hraktuus said:

More Fujoshi Bait

Please. Please kill me.

Well, back on topic. Why would anyone argue about this stuff then? It doesn't matter which character designs they conceive or use in the anime. For me what matters is that it stays faithfully true to the original. I had no problem watching that 110-eps. long OVA, though with all that dialogue to process (and such as the portrayal of the "future" around that time), this anime certainly needs a damn right refresh.

I just wish that they won't mess things up.
kimilljong92Jan 9, 2018 2:02 AM
Jan 9, 2018 4:27 AM
Jan 2015
Just give it a chance man

I will watch it but the new design is... not that good. The rest can be enjoyable though !
Jan 10, 2018 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
All of you fuckers defending this remake have not watched the original show.
I can tell because you are calling the original show "yaoi fanboy shit" when, sure the art can cause images that can be taken out and hyper fucking focused on out of this fucking 110 episode series not including the prequels. Are you shitting me right now?
No, fuckers, this remake is bullshit. BULLSHIT. Bullshit. Fuck off.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.