Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2018 1:26 AM
Nov 2017
Hey, I was wondering if you guys skip intros and outros, or watch the whole episode including the intro but skip the outro or instead, watching the whole episode without skipping the intro and the outro. What do you guys prefer doing?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2018 1:27 AM

Aug 2010
I usually look at it once then skip it the next episodes.

I mean even if I like the op/ed I'd rather listen it after the episode, y'know xd
Jan 8, 2018 1:28 AM
Jan 2017
Depends on the quality of the OP/ED, if I like the song/some scenes in an OP or an ED I wont skip it. I usually always watch the first episodes OP and ED so I can decide if I like it or not.
⦓ henry ヘンリー ⦔
Jan 8, 2018 1:30 AM

Apr 2012
Depends on how good they are, how many times I've seen them before, and whether I'm watching multiple episodes in succession.
Jan 8, 2018 1:30 AM
Oct 2015
Recently finished both seasons of Clannad and I only watched the opening a few times each since I just wanted to finish the series as quickly as possible as for the ending I didn't even spend 5 seconds of those especially the the after story one.
Heckle was here...
Jan 8, 2018 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
If I like them, I'll watch them. If I hate them, I'll skip them. If I'm watching lots of episodes in sequence I may or may not skip some of them (whatever I feel like).
Jan 8, 2018 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
More than often I enjoy openings and let them play.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 8, 2018 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
I normally don't skip openings/intros if I find the OP to be catchy.
As for endings, (ED) songs it depends. I don't skip endings if I want to see the preview of the following episode.
Jan 8, 2018 1:45 AM

Apr 2017
I skip em all except the reborn ones

So far they have been fuckin litty
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jan 8, 2018 1:57 AM

Feb 2017
I never skip them. I am one of those who believe openings and endings are part of the anime experience but if you do not share this opinion I'm perfectly fine with it.
Jan 8, 2018 2:08 AM

Oct 2015
As long as I like listening to it, then I don't skip. I never skipped the opening for Blend S, Jojo, NGE, Monster etc cause I like them.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 8, 2018 2:19 AM

Jul 2017
I want a complete experience so I won't skip them. Actually I enjoy watching/listening intro more because usually they put a lot of effort in the intro. There are Easter eggs in some of the intro too.
The first few episodes I would focus on the art, and last few episodes the lyrics.
Jan 8, 2018 2:47 AM

Jan 2013
I only skip them when I don't have time or when I already know I don't like them (listened to them at least 3 times).
Jan 8, 2018 2:50 AM

Feb 2014
Most anime openings and sometimes even endings are all out spoiler fests, that spoil pretty much everything from new characters that are yet to be introduced, relationships between characters that haven't been developed yet, and even the plot. So more often than not, I skip the openings and endings during my first watch.

Also, a lot of times, the openings and endings don't go very well with the tone of the show, and can get quite jarring with their generic, loud, obnoxious J-pop/J-rock songs that apparently every anime needs to have. Hell, even my favorite anime, FMA 2003, is guilty of that, even though the songs by themselves are great.
Jan 8, 2018 2:57 AM

Apr 2012
Vhailor said:
Most anime openings and sometimes even endings are all out spoiler fests, that spoil pretty much everything from new characters that are yet to be introduced, relationships between characters that haven't been developed yet, and even the plot.

Eh? I don't remember feeling spoiled by the credits, well, ever. I can see how you might be able to work out spoilers by carefully studying them sometimes, but not through just watching them. In general, if the production team makes something clear in the credits, it means it's not supposed to be a surprise. Like, OK, if you watch the credits to Evangelion, you'll know there are going to be mecha well before they're introduced in the first episode. But the appearance of mecha isn't supposed to be surprising, so what's the problem?
Jan 8, 2018 3:00 AM
Jul 2017
logopolis said:
Depends on how good they are, how many times I've seen them before, and whether I'm watching multiple episodes in succession.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me
Jan 8, 2018 3:09 AM

Jan 2013
Vhailor said:
Most anime openings and sometimes even endings are all out spoiler fests, that spoil pretty much everything from new characters that are yet to be introduced, relationships between characters that haven't been developed yet, and even the plot. So more often than not, I skip the openings and endings during my first watch.
Isn't it just teasing/foreshadowing to keep you interested? I don't think that showing new character is a 'spoiler', and they do sometimes show some future plot points but it usually doesn't say anything to people who don't know the full context. The only openings so far that I feel like spoiled me were Kuroko no Basket and Owari no Seraph (the second one wasn't even that much of a spoiler, it was kinda obvious already). I think that people are overly sensitive sometimes, like the people who kept telling non manga readers to avoid the SnK 2nd season's ending because it's 'full of spoilers'. Like, I didn't read the manga and I don't know the contex, I wouldn't even know that there are some spoilers there if they didn't tell me.
fuyukiJan 8, 2018 3:27 AM
Jan 8, 2018 4:30 AM

Jun 2012
It depends on if I watch the series weekly while it's ongoing or if I watch it as a whole after it's finished.

On weekly basis I most probably watch the opening if it's not bad imho (there are a few ops I can't listen to more than the first time). But if I watch the series after it's finished I tend to watch one op once and then skip it for the rest of the episodes it plays. I rarely watch/listen to the ending songs.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Jan 8, 2018 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Unless I really dislike the music, I usually watch all OPs/EDs, maybe even check my phone, sort of like a commercial break. Also sometimes if I'm on a time crunch I will skip.
Jan 8, 2018 4:53 AM
Jul 2018

Most of the time, yes. But there are few OP/ED that I enjoy, so I usually don't skip those.
Jan 8, 2018 4:59 AM

Feb 2013
no

in fact i skip everything but the intros/outros
Jan 8, 2018 5:50 AM
Aug 2016
They're usually called openings and endings, FYI.

OT: I don't skip openings and I don't care about endings.
Jan 8, 2018 6:05 AM

Feb 2010
Depends. If an OP or ED makes me want to watch it, then I will. But if I'M in a super marathon mood I'll probably skip them nonetheless. And if I never like them in the first place, I'll always skip them for sure.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 8, 2018 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
I usually watch them but sometimes they're just not my type of music so I watch them once and skip in later episodes.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 8, 2018 6:54 AM

Jul 2016
Even if I like the OP a lot I rarely sit through it every episode (most likely because I usually am bingeing and they become annoying fast). I can count on one hand the amount of animes I've sat through the intro every time (SnK, Mob Psycho 100, Deadman Wonderland, and Higurashi).
Jan 8, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2014
Depends if i like it or not.
If it's meh then i prob skip it.
Most of the time i skip it.

If the story are too good despite the good op/ed i might skip it.
Jan 8, 2018 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
I 99% of the time do skip them. I'll watch it once to listen/see it but for the rest I never bother. Only times I do is when they get little changes like cast members being added or dissapearing when they appear/die off. It's the little details.
Jan 8, 2018 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
I usually always make a rule to watch the intro/outro every time. Even if I'm not a big fan of the music, I find that if I listen to it enough, it grows on me.

My mom always skips the intro/outro though.

Jan 8, 2018 7:47 AM

Sep 2017
I never skip the opening, even if I hate it, because it just screws with my computer. I listen to the ending once and then often skip it, though, with the exceptions of the few I really love.
Jan 8, 2018 7:50 AM

Apr 2017
I generally skip them even if they were good.

Listening to them on youtube is so much better imo.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 8, 2018 7:50 AM
Aug 2016
Indeed; I usually get bored. If I like them,i tend to listen them according to my mood. My timing for music is entirely different, i don't enjoy it as much whilst watching an anime.
Jan 8, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
I always watch them unless I find them unbearably bad, for example Ergo Proxy op or the much recent Inuyashiki op.
Jan 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2014
I dont know most OPs and EDs of my animes because i always skip them.
Jan 8, 2018 9:38 AM

Mar 2015
I usually watch the opening, unless I really don't like it.

But I almost never listen to endings. Exceptions are the Kekkai sensen EDs. Psycho Pass ED 1,
Kobayashi's ED, and a couple of others.
woah there
Jan 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Aug 2016
I watch each new opening and ending the first time. My level of care though decreases if the opening/ending frequently changes to the point in which it's almost or is once every episode

Then listen to them or ignore them afterwards for the following episodes, while I do something else for around 90 seconds.
Jan 8, 2018 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
I listen to both on the first episode then skip on the rest of the episodes, unless I really like it then I'd keep listening until I get tired of it.
Jan 8, 2018 2:21 PM
Oct 2016
Depends on the anime. If the anime is like, so good that I need to find out whats going to happen since the last episode, I would skip it. Cliffhangers in the end of the episode will also make me skip the outro and intro in the next episode. Even if the song if good, I'd rather listen to it later.
Well, if I watch something more fun and relaxed, I probably watch the intro and skipping the outro sometimes.
Jan 8, 2018 2:29 PM
Apr 2013
I watch the intro and outro once and skip them the rest of the time

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Jan 8, 2018 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
Most animes I skip both. Unless it is anything by fripSide and Clannad After Story.
Jan 8, 2018 2:48 PM

Jun 2017
i used to skip EDs but i usually end up watching them nowadays. ive always watched the OPs though, unless im in a hurry and dont want to waste any time getting to the episode
Jan 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Dec 2016
Im always watching in the lounge room so i let the OP play 100% of the time and use my phone before the show starts, but i wont watch the ED until the final episode.
Jan 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Sep 2016
I've skipped about 97% of all OP/ED in my entire list. No regrets there, they would've consumed too much of my time for a single episode.

The ones that were worth listening to for me recently are Kyoukai No Kanata OP, Kuzu No Honkai both intro & outro and Himouto! Umaru-chan S2 OP.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 3:00 PM

May 2014
The first and last episode I'll watch the opening and ending, but every other episode I skip them pretty much.
Jan 8, 2018 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
I usually skip, only when the OP/ED is really amazing I dont. And the first time there is an OP/ED to see what its like, even then I usually skip it
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 8, 2018 3:45 PM
Jun 2016
I think endings tend to be more important to watch, due to how many anime like post credit scenes, really hate it when only lie 1/5th the episodes have a ending scene.

I personally will listen to a opening/endinging once and if I like them i will listen. But I really dislike most openings and endings, with maybe 1-2 a cour that I like, and it isn't always the same kind, depends on the chars and the music and the setting.
Jan 8, 2018 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Like many, I watch them the first time and skip it until the last episode (or until there is a new OP/ED, then repeat).
Jan 8, 2018 4:13 PM

Jan 2016
I like watching the intro because it gets me excited about the episode/anime. I usually skip right to the next episode when the outro begins, though.
Jan 8, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
I watch them on the first and last episodes but not on the middle ones.

artist | doofus | joiner (but not finisher) of challenges
Jan 8, 2018 4:40 PM

Feb 2016
Watch first time around, skip all other times.

Sometimes I won't skip though if I really like the OP/ED or like when they have the ED seamlessly slide in with the end of the episode. I usually let it play out and ride that feel train or whatever.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jan 8, 2018 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Openings: I'll watch it once, and then skip it for the rest of the episodes, unless I like the song a lot.

Endings: will usually just let these play while I use the app and mark the episode watched. It comes in handy too if there are after credit scenes.
KruszerJan 10, 2022 12:02 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

46 by TitanOfPlasma »»
5 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

66 by PostMahouShoujo »»
9 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
27 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.