Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2018 4:16 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, that was intense on so many levels. Probably the best episode yet. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if this is something out of there but whoa. Didn't expect that kind of imagery. The ending song for this episode was so nice and touching to let play after that series of events. It even came with that nice scene of Miku and Akira on the bike aftewards. I hope everyone stayed to watch through the credits.
Jan 5, 2018 4:31 AM
Dec 2013
That episode hurt my soul. By far the best episode for me. (Even though personally i loved all of the episodes.)
Jan 5, 2018 8:05 AM

May 2017
That was really dark. Rip miki, miki and the good rapper Gang members.
The ending scene mended my heart a little bit.
Jan 5, 2018 3:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Holy shit, this episode was really fucked up. It felt even more uncomforting that the manga. It could mainly be because Crybaby did a better job at establishing Miki and Miko's characters beforehand. Man, I absolutely loved how Akira reacted at the end. The manga's main message here was "What differentiates a man and a demon?", and this episode shows how even people can become demons. The first half of the episode was really good too, with Akira convincing the others to stop fighting. It really shows how easily humans can change their opinions and how easily influence we are. They're fighting against other humans because they were told to do so, and then they befriend a Devilman because they felt forced to follow the others.

The ED this time was nice, especially with that after ED scene.

5/5
Jan 5, 2018 3:57 PM

Mar 2014
Holy fucking shit. This was so intense. Amazing job. Miki's character was much more than the one she had in the manga. She represents the hope, the positivity and faith. This episode raised many questions as to humanity, morality and humans' ugliness and violence. The script and the direction were epic.

5/5 ready for the finale, although I'm bummed that Ryo/ Akira's confrontation will probably be more rushed than I hoped
Jan 5, 2018 5:53 PM

Apr 2016
I did not expect that!
Poor Miki!! :((
Jan 5, 2018 6:46 PM
Nov 2017
The fact that miki died is already sad in so many levels, but what make this even more sad, is the fact that she have her clothes rip off her body and than they quartered her. I feel so sick that this make me lost the strenght to watch the final episode
Jan 5, 2018 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
FUUUUCK!! This ep had me shattered. The Miki slo mo stabbing scene was horrifying. I'm broken on the inside. Miki Best grill <3 RIP
Jan 5, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
I was hoping for Miko to die already, screw listening to her lecture on what's to be a human she's the last person I want to see acting as if she didn't kill any humans. RIP to Kun the freestyler. I don't blame the humans for behaving in such manner in the Devilman universe they've seen so much shit that they will kill a human that is perceived to be some type of shapeshifting/hybrid or a traitor/sympathizer. The real scumbag is Ryo dude caused all this chaos in the first place, he's a straight up devil. Decent ep I don't feel any sympathy for the demons they can all die in droves.
Jan 6, 2018 12:24 AM

Jan 2014
FUK I CRIED JUST LIKE WHEN I READ THE MANGA!!! the characters in the anime does seem to have some more.... call it..... personalities, humanity.... idk, some of it that i cant put a finger to.
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 6, 2018 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
Oh man, I broke into tears with this episode. 5/5, jesus christ.
Jan 6, 2018 7:48 PM
Dec 2014
I feel nothing for Miko she killed the one dude did that notice her from the very start even rapped his heart out to her, I was really hoping the little bro would have killed her rather then her acting like some high mighty character at the end

I do feel really sad for Miki tho :( she was sweet and didn't need to die.
lord23Jan 6, 2018 7:51 PM
Jan 6, 2018 7:50 PM
Dec 2014
Brahmastra_ said:
I was hoping for Miko to die already, screw listening to her lecture on what's to be a human she's the last person I want to see acting as if she didn't kill any humans. RIP to Kun the freestyler. I don't blame the humans for behaving in such manner in the Devilman universe they've seen so much shit that they will kill a human that is perceived to be some type of shapeshifting/hybrid or a traitor/sympathizer. The real scumbag is Ryo dude caused all this chaos in the first place, he's a straight up devil. Decent ep I don't feel any sympathy for the demons they can all die in droves.
Speak the true my brother !
Jan 6, 2018 8:03 PM
Oct 2009
PSA: Miko apparently did not kill the rapper. He died at the club.
Jan 6, 2018 8:46 PM
Dec 2014
jgomezg said:
PSA: Miko apparently did not kill the rapper. He died at the club.
I mean do we actually know that ? the way the scene played out it looked like a demon infected her at that party.
Jan 7, 2018 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
What the mother fucking fuck? Why the fuck did Miki have to die? Miko dying was already fucking hard but why the fuck did they go ahead and kill the best girl as well?????!!!!
~
Jan 7, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
Miki was too good for this world. At this point, there's no hope. Destroy it. Let everyone rot in hell.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 7, 2018 2:11 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit that was depressing
Jan 7, 2018 3:20 PM
Mar 2016
Berserk, Game of Thrones, Higurashi... here I thought I was invincible to character deaths......
This changed everything. My soul shall never be the same.
Jan 7, 2018 4:01 PM

Jun 2012
I have just watched it and... it was too much :<
Now I have the feeling to just quit and not watch the last ep. So depressing on so many levels. Seems there are only demons left.

Soundtrack 10/10! <3
Jan 7, 2018 4:23 PM
Oct 2016
Anyone know the name of the song played at the end credits of this episode? I wanna find it. Soundtrack is indeed one of the best I've heard in anime for a while, almost rivals Zankyou no Terror's beautiful soundtack.

Anime itself is getting close to a 10 for me. seriously so emotional
Jan 8, 2018 4:13 AM

Apr 2016
My heart is officially shattered. 5/5.
Jan 8, 2018 4:21 AM

Sep 2010
I'm devastated. Miki ;-;
Jan 8, 2018 6:39 AM

Mar 2016
wow..... this episode has really hit me hard.

humans really are capable of becoming demons.

they deserved so much better. miki's last few moments were flawless.

;-; just gonna go cry for a while
Jan 8, 2018 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode and a big portion of it was completely original (not in the 1972 manga)

The ending song was really soothing after all that tension

Je suis Devilman
Jan 8, 2018 3:06 PM

Jun 2017
I literally started crying. 10/10
Jan 8, 2018 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Looking at episode 10 it was probably best everyone died before the real shit storm happened.
Jan 8, 2018 5:32 PM
Oct 2016
I kinda like to think that the bike scene at the end is actually heaven for Miki and Akira. Heaven is pretty much confirmed to exist in the anime so that would mean that those who remained good would end up there. Ik the manga goes out a little differently but pls god just let me be happy :(((
Jan 8, 2018 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
Things can't get any worse really.
Miki's death was shocking.
Jan 8, 2018 11:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
My kokoro fucking hurts.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 9, 2018 5:14 AM

Oct 2008
sad...every one was wiped-out, even the last loved ones of Akira which is Miki.
3/5

Jan 9, 2018 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
wow they are all dead, RIP Miki and sexy Miko
Jan 9, 2018 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
What in the hell was that...

Akira makes an emotional plea to humans to stop killing each other. Children are the first to see the true nature of his heart; some adults follow suit. Miki makes a plea of her own online for Akira's sake that somehow gets her branded as a witch?? Miki, Miko, and practically everyone else gets killed cuz mobs.

Not a bad episode, but I certainly didn't "love" or "like" it.

3/5
Jan 10, 2018 3:46 AM

Dec 2016
OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 10, 2018 10:10 AM

May 2009
This was a horrible death for prolly the most likable character the show has to offer. They didn't just kill her, they ripped her to shreds and put her remains on spikes.

Poor Miki. I wish Akira would've done the same to the trash humans dancing in front of the fire with Miki's remains instead of burning them away with hellfire(?).
Jan 10, 2018 4:43 PM
Nov 2017
this was a good intense episode, probably my favorite so far I DID NOT THINK MIKI WAS GOING TO DIE and btw that fire thing was a tad bit to gruesome whixh oddly made it better
Jan 10, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2015
HOLY SHIT. I literally thought he was going to scoop her up as he grabbed the "baton" but nope...and when they opened the car door and the rapper just fell out.... what a brutally savage episode. This one definitely made me feel a range of emotions. Damn.
Jan 11, 2018 12:59 AM

Jan 2016
Incredible episode. Though I didn't feel too strong about Miki and the others their deaths were really saddening.
Jan 11, 2018 6:52 AM
Jan 2018
I think i died inside (2)
Jan 11, 2018 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
I wish they could've showed wat happened to the shades guy I mean they only showed Miko dropping his shades and his bloody hand eaten. Also this episode made me cry so hard:( but I mean it's not like Miki would've survived ep 10 but she should've been able to say goodbye to Akira I mean he had no breaks. Everyone he loved died before he got to say goodbye :(. His mom dying hurt so much too cuz he didn't get to show her his shoe laces !!! And he only got to speak to her face after she died like why with all the feels!! OMG my eyes were red after this anime I was as surprised to see all these people die as when I watched akame ga kill. :(((
Jan 11, 2018 5:46 PM

Dec 2014
What a fucking ballsy episode. One, to show the murder of Miki ON SCREEN and depict it that brutally. And 2, to actually show their heads on stakes. It takes balls to show it and not cut away or do a silhouette. Really fucking impressed.
Jan 11, 2018 8:49 PM
Jan 2015
That was intense. The parallel between Miki's online speech and Akira's speech to the people was really well done, even if Miki's speech itself seemed a little lacking in content. It was heartfelt.

Really sad to see Miko die, she was such a babe. I'm glad we got some emotional resolution between her and Miki though, before they were both skewered and paraded around. Speaking of, Akira (consciously) killed people! Further blurring the line between demon and human. He was pushed to the brink. The knife in Miki's back was horrifying.

Looking forward to the showdown between Ryo and Akira. What is Ryo? What does he want with Akira? There's quite literally nothing left but those two.
Jan 12, 2018 9:45 AM

May 2010
This was such a sad episode... in other anime everyone would have survived through some kind of miracle
I liked the scene with Miko and Miki. She did 'hate' but love her at the same time

the 2 rappers who turned against them kinda annoyed me. I guess that 1 tall guy was just scared so that's why he did it. but I don't know what's up with the small one. he realized that Miko is a devilman I suppose and thought she killed his friend.. but still at the end he's celebrating with all the other people with his friends on stakes

also I'm pretty sure Miko didn't kill the guy at the club or at least not consciously. (it might have been similar to Akiras awakening) She always had his glasses with him and if she didn't care about him why would she do that
Jan 12, 2018 1:33 PM
Dec 2014
Maaaaan, I was destroyed by Miki's death. By the flow of the episode, I thought Akira would make it just in time to save her after their friends died, but when that knife stabbed her, I was left jaw dropped. Probably the most emotional episode in the series T_T.
Jan 13, 2018 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
What a heartbreaking episode.
Jan 13, 2018 5:46 PM
Jan 2016
Man, why's everyone gotta die?
Jan 13, 2018 9:08 PM
Oct 2010
lord23 said:
I feel nothing for Miko she killed the one dude did that notice her from the very start even rapped his heart out to her, I was really hoping the little bro would have killed her rather then her acting like some high mighty character at the end

I do feel really sad for Miki tho :( she was sweet and didn't need to die.

I don't think she killed him, I think he just died in the massacre. She walks around with his shades seemingly as a reminder of him, similar to the way the gay guy walks around with the necklace. My theory is that a few people get fully possessed, one, two or none become devilmen and the rest are just slaughtered.

All the scenes of the sabbath party (Miko, Akira and the gay guy) pretty much hint that as the most likely scenario.
Jan 13, 2018 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
my heart is hurting..

Jan 14, 2018 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
MY HEART JUST BROKE IN A MILLION PIECES. WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKK.

Such an intense and sad episode. I really thought Akira would come at the end and save Miko. WHY. JUST WHY.
The episode just shows how Humans are capable of being worse than demons. Ughh!

This series has been amazing. This episode being the best so far. On to the final episode now!

Jan 14, 2018 9:56 AM

May 2016
Rip Miki and Miko, they deserved to survive, humans can be pieces of shit sometimes; humans can be as much a devil as devils are.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have a small doubt!

Jai_akash - Yesterday

5 by catfelix »»
Yesterday, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

517 by KitanoKen66 »»
Mar 12, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

92 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 6, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

159 by Isca_Riot »»
Mar 5, 8:20 AM

» Why do people love it so much ( 1 2 )

Bardocen - Sep 18, 2021

53 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Feb 18, 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.