Forum Settings
Forums

Why must some/most female Anime characters always be sexualized/have exaggerated features?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 28, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2011
Manaban said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Kinda just blindly attacking ne?

I personally can tell you though that anime fandom is fairly even. However, it will depend on where you are as to what your experience will be.

I don't know why other women try to say they are equally into video games when they really aren't.... I mean, it is getting more even with every year. Nintendo games are the ones though that are 50/50 for the most part. So basically the biggest selling franchises of all time, have larger than average female players. (average is 15-30%, Nintendo reaches consistent 40-60% female playerbase)

Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo hate is actually based in some sort of sexism. (like your car being feminine somehow)

all i did was say that he wasn't responding to me much either

why are you telling me about nintendo hate ._.

More to do with my experiences in nerd circles my entire life. The female base has grown but male anger grew with it. Like they are pissed off we like their hobby too? Men get upset by no-harassment policies. Anime and video games are to them a rebellious act and wish for no-normies. Then you have a girl like me who more than fits in the anime community but not so much in the video game one.

I think my video game outsider feelings are mostly because I grew up with a PS1 and not an N64. And before that had a sega... So my starting space was... "experimental". People generally try to tell me that portable gaming isn't gaming... but I am like... maybe they just don't want to believe that nintendo has won every generation if you included the portables except for PS2.

Most women who game on dedicated divices do so on a Nintendo portable. And if they game elsewhere, they game on PC, tablet, phone. And tend to stick to certain games.

But I think this is very similar to women in the anime fandom. Talk to ladies, you will pretty much find they started with Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, or something gay. Men don't like the same anime we do but we like many of their anime. A lot of our anime just aren't granted huge budgets.

I think this all contributes to anime becoming more all one way than it was before. (least for a while). Men's opinions keep being deemed as more important than women's.

I know I was the only girl pretty much playing Yugioh, But I was still out there. But if you went on Fanfiction.net, the entire fanbase was female.

I am pretty much convinced the only group laying out the welcome mat right now is the yaoi fandom and nobody wants to be there. XD
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 28, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2017
Millireena said:

I don't mind there being a beautiful female character on an anime etc. It's usually the way it's done that bothers me. You can have a girl wearing a v neck or a short dress or something but when you constantly zoom in on her chest or her butt, it says to me that the only reason why she looks like this is for said purpose (fan service It's called?) I was ranting about. And when it's completely unnecessary, I don't get offended if there's a scene where a girl is taking a shower or something but versus when a dude is, I normally see it zoom in or focus on certain parts of her body unlike when a guy is, it's a quick thing and he just plops his shirt back on etc.
I think you just clarified some of the points I've been trying to make, thanks!

To expand on that for anyone who still cares (probably not many of you, but whatever), since anime is a visual medium, what the camera focuses on is an important part of how a particular moment "reads". If the camera has a lot of close-ups of a female characters ass and tits, you're likely going to remember her just for those things, even if she has an arc separate from that. And if you don't believe me, go watch the first Transformers movie and think about why Megan Fox's character isn't hailed as a feminist hero.
Dec 28, 2017 4:05 PM

Dec 2017
Manaban said:
Millireena said:
Heh, I tried to abandon this thread, but people kept posting, probably because there's a few unfinished arguments, I mean, I wish I could delete it but I'm not sure if I can?

nah, i think it's like a 10 minute grace period or something, but it's definitely way too late now

maybe if you really want to delete it you can ask a mod but i am not sure if they will do so

(Also sorry if I'm not using this quote thing right! Just trying to get things out of the way instead of taking my time to learn)
OH, uh any idea on how to contact a mod? ;v; Worth a shot maybe?
I'd be great to be able to get rid of this thread as it's obviously bothering many people, +My answer has been answered etc so there's no need for it to be up.
Dec 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Dec 2017
Manaban said:

i'm tired honestly

i want to get off the ride
In that case, I think we should call our argument off. It's clear we won't be able to convince each other of anything, and we'll only be wasting time by trying.
Dec 28, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2011
Ardania22 said:
Millireena said:

I don't mind there being a beautiful female character on an anime etc. It's usually the way it's done that bothers me. You can have a girl wearing a v neck or a short dress or something but when you constantly zoom in on her chest or her butt, it says to me that the only reason why she looks like this is for said purpose (fan service It's called?) I was ranting about. And when it's completely unnecessary, I don't get offended if there's a scene where a girl is taking a shower or something but versus when a dude is, I normally see it zoom in or focus on certain parts of her body unlike when a guy is, it's a quick thing and he just plops his shirt back on etc.

To expand on that for anyone who still cares (probably not many of you, but whatever), since anime is a visual medium, what the camera focuses on is an important part of how a particular moment "reads". If the camera has a lot of close-ups of a female characters ass and tits, you're likely going to remember her just for those things, even if she has an arc separate from that. And if you don't believe me, go watch the first Transformers movie and think about why Megan Fox's character isn't hailed as a feminist hero.

hmmm. Yeah, basically you are so distracted by pantsu and bounces that you can't focus on who they really are. It seems pretty sexist I guess... But I also don't like lewd cameras without purpose.

I mean you could stop watching anime intended for men... seems like a good idea.

Kagome isn't even though she doesn't show pantsu. Even though she rescues people a lot. Even though her fanservice scenes are just bathing. :/ Makes me wonder honestly. I am a feminist myself and I compare Kagome's character to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Development happening because of her and her actions, helps the beast realize who he really is. Is a strong female character because she holds her men to standards.

I wonder if you would talk to me if I was a boy. Guess only male opinions matter to you.
Energetic-NovaDec 28, 2017 4:13 PM
Dec 28, 2017 4:13 PM

Jun 2011
Ardania22 said:
Energetic-Nova said:
yeah I see that. Which is why you shouldn't be debating this topic.

And maybe talk to me? I donno... you aren't responding to me. Why are you only responding to those who make you mad?
Frankly, I don't think my age or time as a fan should prevent me from discussing the medium. I feel like that's kind of elitist.

As for why I haven't been responding to you... well, I've got about ten bajillion different conversations going on in this thread right now. All my fault, of course, but it's a struggle keeping up with all of them.

Funny how you responded only to the comment that made you mad. You seem like you just want to fight rather than find common ground.

I don't think it is elitist to say you haven't seen that much of the medium. You haven't even explored the josei or shoujo genres. Keep watchin anime made for men, then getting mad they are made for men. I don't know what to say honestly.
Dec 28, 2017 4:14 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Energetic-Nova said:
hmmm. Yeah, basically you are so distracted by pantsu and bounces that you can't focus on who they really are. It seems pretty sexist I guess... But I also don't like lewd cameras without purpose.

@Deknijff stated this earlier but my experience is the same as his, that it's largely people who don't like harem and ecchi or these kinds of things to begin with that are prone to only seeing a character that gets sexualized as just being titties and pantsu

Ardania22 said:
To keep things simple, I disagree with you on BHNA and TTGL, I don't think Mineta is likeable or that Yoko had much development. A

I don't want things simple, please explain

How does that scene I described about Mineta not capture the spirit of the show

how are the changes with yoko's character i brought up not very developed

Ardania22 said:
Manaban said:

i'm tired honestly

i want to get off the ride
In that case, I think we should call our argument off. It's clear we won't be able to convince each other of anything, and we'll only be wasting time by trying.

i mean if you want to quit discussing, sure, but i'm going to ride this thread down like i do every other ecchi thread pretty much, so you being here and arguing with me or not wouldn't change much aside from letting me know that you just don't want to discuss anything anymore rather than just outright ignoring any arguments i have made

Dec 28, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Ardania22 said:

I mean you could stop watching anime intended for men... seems like a good idea.

Kagome isn't even though she doesn't show pantsu. Even though she rescues people a lot. Even though her fanservice scenes are just bathing. :/ Makes me wonder honestly. I am a feminist myself and I compare Kagome's character to Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Development happening because of her and her actions, helps the beast realize who he really is. Is a strong female character because she holds her men to standards.

I wonder if you would talk to me if I was a boy.
I mean, I guess I COULD stop watching male-targeted anime, but again, that locks off a lot of series that I like/I suspect I'll like. It's a case by case sort of deal, I guess.

What anime is Kagome from? I'll consider adding it to my list.

And I'm really sorry I haven't been responding to you. If you want to discuss, I'll discuss!
Dec 28, 2017 4:17 PM

Jun 2011
Ardania22 said:
Energetic-Nova said:

I wonder if you would talk to me if I was a boy.
I mean, I guess I COULD stop watching male-targeted anime, but again, that locks off a lot of series that I like/I suspect I'll like. It's a case by case sort of deal, I guess.

And I'm really sorry I haven't been responding to you. If you want to discuss, I'll discuss!

Inuyasha. Which is a shonen written by a woman.

The deal is, I don't think you actually like shonens. You like action anime,with drama and romance. In which case, watch Vision of Escaflowne. Watch Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon is great in that the men in it don't get much development. They are just there to look good and be your fantasy boyfriend.
Energetic-NovaDec 28, 2017 4:21 PM
Dec 28, 2017 4:20 PM

Dec 2017
Ardania22 said:
Exten37 said:
just how old are you exactly? just wondering
Exten37 said:
just how old are you exactly? just wondering
19. Still a relatively new anime fan, for what it's worth.
Expected you to be 14-16 with how you're acting. And yeah that might explain asuka being your favourite character, or maybe you just have shit taste.
Dec 28, 2017 4:20 PM

Dec 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Ardania22 said:
Frankly, I don't think my age or time as a fan should prevent me from discussing the medium. I feel like that's kind of elitist.

As for why I haven't been responding to you... well, I've got about ten bajillion different conversations going on in this thread right now. All my fault, of course, but it's a struggle keeping up with all of them.

Funny how you responded only to the comment that made you mad. You seem like you just want to fight rather than find common ground.

I don't think it is elitist to say you haven't seen that much of the medium. You haven't even explored the josei or shoujo genres. Keep watchin anime made for men, then getting mad they are made for men. I don't know what to say honestly.
Actually, your comments aren't making me mad. Far from it! I just haven't been able to keep up with everything going on in this post, so I focus on those I feel I have an immediate response to. And yeah, that tends to prioritize the more negative comments.

And if you check out my anime list, you'll see that I am far from a shonen purist. I'm currently watching K-On, and I've got a plethora of similar shows in my cue or in the back of my mind.
Dec 28, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Ardania22 said:

The deal is, I don't think you actually like shonens. You like action anime,with drama and romance. In which case, watch Vision of Escaflowne. Watch Sailor Moon.
I wasn't aware there was a difference between shonen and action. How do they diverge?
Dec 28, 2017 4:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Ardania22 said:
Energetic-Nova said:

The deal is, I don't think you actually like shonens. You like action anime,with drama and romance. In which case, watch Vision of Escaflowne. Watch Sailor Moon.
I wasn't aware there was a difference between shonen and action. How do they diverge?

Shounen is a demographic meaning targeted at young boys and action can apply to any demographic so long as it has action elements

a shounen is anything published in a japanese manga magazine that has "shounen" as the target audience, everything else is irrelevant

SAO is an action for instance, but it is not a shounen because it is an LN adaptation and LNs don't have demographics like manga do

Bakuman is a shounen but it is about people making manga for instance

Berserk is an action but is a seinen, meanwhile To LOVE Ru is a shounen even though it's a harem/ecchi

Dec 28, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2017
Exten37 said:
Ardania22 said:
19. Still a relatively new anime fan, for what it's worth.
Expected you to be 14-16 with how you're acting. And yeah that might explain asuka being your favourite character, or maybe you just have shit taste.
Well, age-related insults aside, I love Asuka because, like Shinji, I relate to feeling alone. I am NOT good with social interaction thanks to my Aspergers syndrome, so I struggle to make friends a lot of the time. Evangelion as a whole reminded me of that part of myself, and it gave me hope that I could get better. Asuka, to me, is an extension of that.
Dec 28, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2017
Manaban said:
Ardania22 said:

Shounen is a demographic meaning targeted at young boys and action can apply to any demographic so long as it has action elements

SAO is an action for instance, but it is not a shounen because it is an LN adaptation and LNs don't have demographics like manga do
Well, that clarifies a few things for me. Thanks!
Dec 28, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Ardania22 said:

I wonder if you would talk to me if I was a boy. Guess only male opinions matter to you.
He doesn't have to talk to you if he doesn't want to. Your posts don't even make any sense and you sound mentally ill.
Dec 28, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2011
Ardania22 said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Actually, your comments aren't making me mad. Far from it! I just haven't been able to keep up with everything going on in this post, so I focus on those I feel I have an immediate response to. And yeah, that tends to prioritize the more negative comments.

And if you check out my anime list, you'll see that I am far from a shonen purist. I'm currently watching K-On, and I've got a plethora of similar shows in my cue or in the back of my mind.

K-On is also made for men. This is more what a n00b does. Not that I don't like K-On myself... but they mistake "innocent girly fetish" for "no fanservice".

I wouldn't suggest my list. I have a ton of porn on mine. And I tend to appreciate anime for what they are most of the time. My list is HUGE too.

I am working on creating tags for everything... my taste is just very very diverse. Which is probably the only reason I have lasted so long in the anime niche.

But if you want a list of ecchi series I liked, well, one thing they all have in common is fem-doms or female protagonist.
Dec 28, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Ardania22 said:

K-On is also made for men. This is more what a n00b does. Not that I don't like K-On myself...

I wouldn't suggest my list. I have a ton of porn on mine. And I tend to appreciate anime for what they are most of the time. My list is HUGE too.

I am working on creating tags for everything... my taste is just very very diverse. Which is probably the only reason I have lasted so long in the anime niche.

But if you want a list of ecchi series I liked, well, one thing they all have in common is fem-doms or female protagonist.
Wasn't aware K-On was made for men. Certainly doesn't feel that way 8 episodes in. I'm definitely enjoying it, though!
Dec 28, 2017 4:37 PM

Dec 2017
Exten37 said:
Energetic-Nova said:

He doesn't have to talk to you if he doesn't want to. Your posts don't even make any sense and you sound mentally ill.
Hey, I appreciate you trying to defend me, but don't pull that "you sound mentally ill" bullshit, okay? Not cool, no matter the circumstances.
Dec 28, 2017 4:37 PM

Dec 2017
Ardania22 said:
Exten37 said:
Well, age-related insults aside, I love Asuka because, like Shinji, I relate to feeling alone. I am NOT good with social interaction thanks to my Aspergers syndrome, so I struggle to make friends a lot of the time. Evangelion as a whole reminded me of that part of myself, and it gave me hope that I could get better. Asuka, to me, is an extension of that.
fair enough, I take back what I said then
Dec 28, 2017 4:40 PM

Jun 2011
Ardania22 said:
Exten37 said:
Hey, I appreciate you trying to defend me, but don't pull that "you sound mentally ill" bullshit, okay? Not cool, no matter the circumstances.

I mean, I am mentally ill but ok. I am on disability for it. I mean, glad you can tell. Because some people in real life think I am faking it.

So yeah, I am crazy. I don't know why I come off more crazy since getting on medication and talking online. And less crazy in real life but... ok. Maybe because my arguments made even less sense before.

I am in the doctor's office so much, I actually got more birthday cards from the pharmacy I go to and my doctors...
Energetic-NovaDec 28, 2017 4:45 PM
Dec 28, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
Millireena said:
Soriki said:
Why the fuck do people respond to shit posts like this
1+ To depression Every time I look at which posts got popular I'm god damn disappointed on you people, why the fuck do you make shit like this popular? I don't care at this point since it's already popular as shit, but whoever even responds at the start... Please don't, these are garbage posts and threads, and they spawn fucking cancer in the form of replies

Mods should instantly lock shit posts like these after OP has gotten ONE good response... Max, a few responses, but not fucking 100+ like every time I see one
You block meme posts in general discussion/spam but you let this shit through mods? Fuck the rules of this garbage site

It's sad how I've literally developed a new sense that instantly detects trash tier posts by just looking at the titles.... I can already feel the cancer just by looking at it
I must have become a god damn MAL Newtype, ready to pilot the cancer machine

Heh, I tried to abandon this thread, but people kept posting, probably because there's a few unfinished arguments, I mean, I wish I could delete it but I'm not sure if I can?
I'd be lying if I said that I didn't know I'd get this many posts, this was just to vent. And not to mention I think some people are getting to into this...So this'll probably be my last post then (hopefully) I'll poof for good haha.

And honestly, you're the perfect example of unnecessary language and aggressive attitude I mentioned in my first post. If you're so angry at the forums on here why not leave or take a break? Continue and you're just giving yourself an avoidable headache. Just because someone posts something that you don't approve of doesn't allow you to just insult them and/or be a jerk. Was I being rude in my post? No. (I sure hope not though, so in case I offended anyone I'm sorry!) Was I typing in a calm manner? Yes (or mostly haha) So I don't see why you have to react the opposite way. It's completely immature, but I guess I shouldn't expect to see maturity in most people on the internet.

I completely understand your frustration though, seeing the same thread or related etc many times can get annoying, but I do think that you should probably stay away from the forums until you feel better since it's the cause of your anger! +Too much stress isn't good for you, esp getting this mad over a thread! (ono; ) If you don't want to take my advice then so be it! I'm a stranger after all lol!
Keep on posting you fucking retard
Ever heard of improvement? Ever heard of "git gud"? Yes, get good, holy shit cause you started a cancerous shitstorm with the shit that is your post

"Take a break" I can take a break all I want and come back months later, and cancerous posts will still be getting popular, and it's usually about the same bullshit creating the same of cringy arguments

I can insult you all you want, thanks, fuck off
"Immature" I don't give a shit, this is the internet you fucking retard
This isn't some academic website, it's MAL, where few people use their god damn brains, and it's impressive as shit, it's like "Wow, you actually used your head and are not completely retarded like so many of these other people replying, good fucking job"

"Seeing the same thread" Yes, seeing the same thread is cancer, but that's not the point
Seeing the same level of quality in threads that get popular is the REAL CANCER
Yes, make more posts, I don't care, maybe you'll actually make some worthwhile posts
It's just me venting, not my critique, otherwise I'd god damn analyze every little thing you said and reply to it all and tell you how to "git gud"

"Getting this mad over a thread"
Not a thread, a combination of threads, a trend, a trend of cancer

I should take your advice, but every time I open MAL to see if I have a notification, I look to the right of the forums home page, and I see the "popular threads" and I can literally smell the cancer from the outside by just looking at the title and realize the shit storm it's going to cause/it caused without even entering the thread, it's a sad sense I developed
I should take your advice, fuck this shitty website, but either way, I still want to look at notifications...

Edit: This is one of those posts I want to shit on OP for, but feel bad at the same time for doing it
This whole being "polite" or whatever the fuck thingy isn't helping
LVL1GoblinDec 28, 2017 6:42 PM
Dec 28, 2017 8:25 PM

Dec 2017
Soriki said:
Ever heard of improvement? Ever heard of "git gud"? Yes, get good, holy shit cause you started a cancerous shitstorm with the shit that is your post

"Take a break" I can take a break all I want and come back months later, and cancerous posts will still be getting popular, and it's usually about the same bullshit creating the same of cringy arguments

This isn't some academic website, it's MAL, where few people use their god damn brains, and it's impressive as shit, it's like "Wow, you actually used your head and are not completely retarded like so many of these other people replying, good fucking job"

"Seeing the same thread" Yes, seeing the same thread is cancer, but that's not the point
Yes, make more posts, I don't care, maybe you'll actually make some worthwhile posts
It's just me venting, not my critique, otherwise I'd god damn analyze every little thing you said and reply to it all and tell you how to "git gud"

I should take your advice, but every time I open MAL to see if I have a notification, I look to the right of the forums home page, and I see the "popular threads" and I can literally smell the cancer from the outside by just looking at the title and realize the shit storm it's going to cause/it caused without even entering the thread, it's a sad sense I developed
I should take your advice, fuck this shitty website, but either way, I still want to look at notifications...

Edit: This is one of those posts I want to shit on OP for, but feel bad at the same time for doing it

Avoid the forums and turn of notifications is what I would've said, but it seems that you still want to look at notifs so unfortunately I'm not sure what else to suggest.
And yes I'm aware this is the internet, that's exactly why I said I shouldn't expect everyone to be mature on here.
You're constantly calling me a retard, but have you noticed how you look/act in all honesty (although I'm sure you're gonna say you don't care about how people see you/how you act)? But I must add, despite you're raging and swearing your head off, surprisingly you're not using all caps and there's no extreme amount of typos in your post like most people do. So for once I can actually get what someone is trying to say. So in a way I actually appreciate that! lol
I understand you're venting, but this isn't the way you should go about it. I really do feel bad for you (and that's not an insult) because I've gone through something similar a long time ago, I got so tired of seeing the same thing happen over and over again that I'd be a jerk to anyone who did what I hate, when honestly: They didn't deserve it. And always being angry and this angry in general must be terrible and tiring.

I for one, didn't know there were many of these topics, so you can't blame me for doing something I'm unaware of, I even acknowledged that the thread shouldn't stay up and I tried to stop posting and even delete it.
I'm surprised people can even say that I'm still being polite haha, passive aggressive at most.
Believe it or not it actually does, it makes the person realize that since no one is being violent in speech that they don't need to be, and it makes them lose interest in arguing because they can't spite the person they're arguing with etc. Of course that's not the case all the time, some people are butts in general.
I know my "politeness" is annoying(?) to you, but unfortunately I'm going to keep this attitude, because not only does it work wonders but I was raised to treat people how I want to be treated.
So again, I'm sorry for making a thread that upsets you, but in the end, you can't satisfy everyone, there's going to be that one person who disagrees with you etc. But I will acknowledge other people's feelings on these kind of topics, so I won't bring this up again unless someone else does.

I really do hope you feel better, even though I'm sure it may not be possible because of how the forums are. But still, I hope your days get better!
Dec 28, 2017 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
Why can it not be sexualized? It's also not all girls but a lot of guys in anime to. I mean there are a lot of non animated movies that have a lot of sexual things in it? So why is it always anime that it is like that? I don't see why other women get upset when they see other women being sexualized us men for the most part (you can't tell these days what offends who) don't have a problem having guys in movies and anime sexualized. I for one don't. So in short: Fanservice in anime is alright because why the hell can it not be.
Dec 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Nov 2011
this was probably said over and over, but female characters with over-exagerated design are mostly from series aimed at men, and probably designed and drawn by men as well. the designs can be off-putting, but somehow it sells. a lot.
there are females with less exagerated figures, especially those drawn by females towards a female audience.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Dec 28, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2017
Zerity said:
Why can it not be sexualized? It's also not all girls but a lot of guys in anime to. I mean there are a lot of non animated movies that have a lot of sexual things in it? So why is it always anime that it is like that? I don't see why other women get upset when they see other women being sexualized us men for the most part (you can't tell these days what offends who) don't have a problem having guys in movies and anime sexualized. I for one don't. So in short: Fanservice in anime is alright because why the hell can it not be.

I've mentioned in my previous (or first) posts why I don't like it, and that's because it's mostly unnecessarily done. And it makes me feel as though most of the time the female characters are just used to be sexual objects etc and that it's their only purpose. (Also, you don't have to have exaggerated features/sexualization just to make a show/character popular because sometimes it's liked for the wrong reasons) And I've mentioned in one of my posts that I've yet to see any sexualization of men in Anime (Thank you to the person who told me which ones did though, although I don't read Yaoi or watch sports anime (referring to Free!) so I wouldn't have known! So also thanks for pointing that out! And I don't approve of it either, the reason why you may see more people complaining about this happening to female character may be because that the majority of sexualization happens to women.
And also by saying this is doesn't mean I'm against there being attractive women, it's just the way that it's usually done that frustrates me.

I know that a lot of other shows have sexualization, and I dislike it just as much, but Anime in particular seems to carry this trait more than the regular shows I've watched and shows it more often. And to be honest, I thought it'd be fairly obvious why it'd upset some women.

And again, this is my opinion, and you have your opinion.
Dec 28, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2017
DreamingBeats said:
this was probably said over and over, but female characters with over-exagerated design are mostly from series aimed at men, and probably designed and drawn by men as well. the designs can be off-putting, but somehow it sells. a lot.
there are females with less exagerated figures, especially those drawn by females towards a female audience.

Yes it was haha! x) But thank you regardless! o:
Dec 28, 2017 10:16 PM

Nov 2014
I see a lot of gigantic textes on this post. WHY?

EVERYONE LIKES SEXY TIME, SEXY SELLS, SEXY WILL BE PRESENT EVERYWHERE.
One at a time!
Dec 28, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2015
Millireena said:
Soriki said:

Avoid the forums and turn of notifications is what I would've said, but it seems that you still want to look at notifs so unfortunately I'm not sure what else to suggest.
And yes I'm aware this is the internet, that's exactly why I said I shouldn't expect everyone to be mature on here.
You're constantly calling me a retard, but have you noticed how you look/act in all honesty (although I'm sure you're gonna say you don't care about how people see you/how you act)? But I must add, despite you're raging and swearing your head off, surprisingly you're not using all caps and there's no extreme amount of typos in your post like most people do. So for once I can actually get what someone is trying to say. So in a way I actually appreciate that! lol
I understand you're venting, but this isn't the way you should go about it. I really do feel bad for you (and that's not an insult) because I've gone through something similar a long time ago, I got so tired of seeing the same thing happen over and over again that I'd be a jerk to anyone who did what I hate, when honestly: They didn't deserve it. And always being angry and this angry in general must be terrible and tiring.

I for one, didn't know there were many of these topics, so you can't blame me for doing something I'm unaware of, I even acknowledged that the thread shouldn't stay up and I tried to stop posting and even delete it.
I'm surprised people can even say that I'm still being polite haha, passive aggressive at most.
Believe it or not it actually does, it makes the person realize that since no one is being violent in speech that they don't need to be, and it makes them lose interest in arguing because they can't spite the person they're arguing with etc. Of course that's not the case all the time, some people are butts in general.
I know my "politeness" is annoying(?) to you, but unfortunately I'm going to keep this attitude, because not only does it work wonders but I was raised to treat people how I want to be treated.
So again, I'm sorry for making a thread that upsets you, but in the end, you can't satisfy everyone, there's going to be that one person who disagrees with you etc. But I will acknowledge other people's feelings on these kind of topics, so I won't bring this up again unless someone else does.

I really do hope you feel better, even though I'm sure it may not be possible because of how the forums are. But still, I hope your days get better!
Fuck your passive aggressive "I'm over you because I'm polite and don't say bad words" bullshit cunt
Kill yourself faggot
Get off my fucking board

If you admit that you're wrong, then stop trying to stay on a moral pedestal trying to look down at me, "swearing" I'm cringing really hard
Just a god damn word, it's all meaningless, but it sure does describe what I'm thinking
"Many of these topics" Can you fucking READ? I said there's many posts several times like I was a god damn broken record that were pure cancer/cringy/bad/trash/garbage/shit/repetitive/argument creating/shitstorm spawning/ETC
https://i.gyazo.com/bee9df367fe204286e6b4320b22f8567.png Every one of these fucking posts are bound to cause a shitstorm, at least they're not as bad as some hours ago/what it usually is like

The first one is yours and you already know how I feel about it
The 2nd one is bound to cause a shitstorm
3rd is a god damn memepost that some people were retarded/ignorant enough to take it seriously/respond seriously, like what the FUCK?
4TH ACTUALLY SEEMS DECENTLY INTERESTING FOR ONCE IN POPULAR POSTS
And the 5th at first glance seems not to cause a shitstorm, but if you think about it for a second, it GOD DAMN WILL, and it probably DID

Read please, the politeness isn't annoying, I clearly expressed my feel towards shitting on you is a half hate half feel bad thing, at the politeness isn't helping on the "feel bad site" a.k.a it makes it harder for me to antagonize/demonize/shit on you for being a god damn retard, which usually isn't enough to trigger me, but the egotistical passive aggressiveness moral pedestialing yourself is REALLY TRIGGERING ME/SETTING ME ON FIRE/LIGHTING THE TORCH

HAH, these forums being cancer or not most of the time are merely just a few decimals 0.00001, a little rock being thrown into a pool level of adding to my non-clinical depression, wish to die but respawn/not be awake for a while so I can forget about everything, anger at myself, ETC, psychiatric level of bullshit going in my head :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

But they sure would fucking help me feel a bit better if they were amazingly good and the majority of people was amazing and you'd see barely any shit ever, now that would help me restore hope in people at least a little bit every time I came on

Tip for you: Don't bring on topics you haven't researched/aren't knowledgeable on/don't know much about/haven't talked to enough knowledgeable people about/etc, unless you're asking for help/to get educated, and you have make it SUPER OBVIOUS

LVL1GoblinDec 28, 2017 10:34 PM
Dec 28, 2017 10:46 PM

Oct 2015
DreamingBeats said:
Why the fuck are you even saying somehow? Isn't it god damn obvious? Why the fuck do you think K-Pop is popular cunt?
I thought so
It's god damn obvious
Millireena said:
Zerity said:

I've mentioned in my previous (or first) posts why I don't like it, and that's because it's mostly unnecessarily done. And it makes me feel as though most of the time the female characters are just used to be sexual objects etc and that it's their only purpose. (Also, you don't have to have exaggerated features/sexualization just to make a show/character popular because sometimes it's liked for the wrong reasons) And I've mentioned in one of my posts that I've yet to see any sexualization of men in Anime (Thank you to the person who told me which ones did though, although I don't read Yaoi or watch sports anime (referring to Free!) so I wouldn't have known! So also thanks for pointing that out! And I don't approve of it either, the reason why you may see more people complaining about this happening to female character may be because that the majority of sexualization happens to women.
And also by saying this is doesn't mean I'm against there being attractive women, it's just the way that it's usually done that frustrates me.

I know that a lot of other shows have sexualization, and I dislike it just as much, but Anime in particular seems to carry this trait more than the regular shows I've watched and shows it more often. And to be honest, I thought it'd be fairly obvious why it'd upset some women.

And again, this is my opinion, and you have your opinion.
It only upsets SJWs/3rd Wave Feminists

And it's really cringy when they get triggered, especially with what happened with Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Like, wtf are you even on about to be honest, you must've watched jack shit Anime, if exactly ALL Anime you've completed are actually counted in your profile, than you need to watch more, or look at what's on your god damn screen
Cause every time I jack off to Ecchi shit, there's usually a personality of some sort, a interesting/entertaining thing to go with it

To Love Ru has got comedy going for it, has the alien shit going for it, etc, and it's EXTREMELY LEWD

No girls would be obsessed over K-Pop if it was just a bunch of 300 pounder, no muscle fatasses on stage singing terrible songs

It is like because 1; Their looks
2; Because of how they sing, their personality, etc
BUT ESSENTIALLY, THEY'RE PRETTY BOYS, AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

Thank god at least Koreans have some taste, America/The US has jack shit taste, Justin cuck/Bieber is NOT good looking at all, he looks like trailer park trash without all the makeup, lighting, etc, and even with it all, still looks garbage compared to KPOP boys, it just shows how fucking low the standards of the U.S are
LVL1GoblinDec 28, 2017 10:54 PM
Dec 28, 2017 10:53 PM

Dec 2017
Soriki said:
Fuck your passive aggressive "I'm over you because I'm polite and don't say bad words" bullshit cunt
Kill yourself faggot
Get off my fucking board

If you admit that you're wrong, then stop trying to stay on a moral pedestal trying to look down at me, "swearing" I'm cringing really hard
Just a god damn word, it's all meaningless, but it sure does describe what I'm thinking
"Many of these topics" Can you fucking READ? I said there's many posts several times like I was a god damn broken record that were pure cancer/cringy/bad/trash/garbage/shit/repetitive/argument creating/shitstorm spawning/ETC
https://i.gyazo.com/bee9df367fe204286e6b4320b22f8567.png Every one of these fucking posts are bound to cause a shitstorm, at least they're not as bad as some hours ago/what it usually is like

3rd is a god damn memepost that some people were retarded/ignorant enough to take it seriously/respond seriously, like what the FUCK?
And the 5th at first glance seems not to cause a shitstorm, but if you think about it for a second, it GOD DAMN WILL, and it probably DID

Read please, the politeness isn't annoying, I clearly expressed my feel towards shitting on you is a half hate half feel bad thing, at the politeness isn't helping on the "feel bad site" a.k.a it makes it harder for me to antagonize/demonize/shit on you for being a god damn retard, which usually isn't enough to trigger me, but the egotistical passive aggressiveness moral pedestialing yourself is REALLY TRIGGERING ME/SETTING ME ON FIRE/LIGHTING THE TORCH

HAH, these forums being cancer or not most of the time are merely just a few decimals 0.00001, a little rock being thrown into a pool level of adding to my non-clinical depression, wish to die but respawn/not be awake for a while so I can forget about everything, anger at myself, ETC, psychiatric level of bullshit going in my head :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

But they sure would fucking help me feel a bit better if they were amazingly good and the majority of people was amazing and you'd see barely any shit ever, now that would help me restore hope in people at least a little bit every time I came on

Tip for you: Don't bring on topics you haven't researched/aren't knowledgeable on/don't know much about/haven't talked to enough knowledgeable people about/etc, unless you're asking for help/to get educated, and you have make it SUPER OBVIOUS

(I don't use swear words because I find that it looks and sounds trashy to let you know)
Gee whiz, good sir/madam (whichever you are). I used to have sympathy for you but there's a difference between having annoyance and having anger issues, and you're just over the top.
I'm not gonna post another long message because honestly I'm watching a movie right now and I'm pretty lazy and it seems like nothing gets through to you so I'll say this: You say how tired you are of seeing these posts or threads etc, you say you hate when people do this and that or this, but you refuse to do anything to avoid it. So as much as I hate to say this because it's annoying, you're gonna have to deal with it, or leave.

You obviously have a lot of ill feelings about this place so just leave? But you refuse to, so you honestly have no reason to complain then if you don't/won't take any action to make yourself feel better etc. So you have no one to blame but yourself.
Now I'm going to stop posting now, you can keep raging or whatever.
I'm glad I'm worth wasting your time on though. ( ̄ω ̄)
Dec 28, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2017
Soriki said:

And it's really cringy when they get triggered, especially with what happened with Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Like, wtf are you even on about to be honest, you must've watched jack shit Anime, if exactly ALL Anime you've completed are actually counted in your profile, than you need to watch more, or look at what's on your god damn screen
Cause every time I jack off to Ecchi shit, there's usually a personality of some sort, a interesting/entertaining thing to go with it

To Love Ru has got comedy going for it, has the alien shit going for it, etc, and it's EXTREMELY LEWD

No girls would be obsessed over K-Pop if it was just a bunch of 300 pounder, no muscle fatasses on stage singing terrible songs

Thank god at least Koreans have some taste, America/The US has jack shit taste, Justin cuck/Bieber is NOT good looking at all, he looks like trailer park trash without all the makeup, lighting, etc, and even with it all, still looks garbage compared to KPOP boys, it just shows how fucking low the standards of the U.S are

Didn't see this post so gonna respond now.
You can't really go off of what's on my watch list atm, I'm still adding to it because like I've mentioned before *sigh* I used to have an account on here 3 years ago but I lost it's PW and lost access to the email I used to make it. So I made this account and again, me being lazy, I haven't added everything I've completed to my watch(ed) list yet but I plan to because I've been watching a lot of anime that I need to keep track of.
Dec 28, 2017 11:05 PM

Oct 2015
Exten37 said:
Soriki said:
Kill yourself faggot
Get off my fucking board

Maybe just stop posting until you're at least somewhat mentally stable. I don't think viciously attacking someone who is being nice to you is going to help you.
Containing my insults won't fucking do it either buddy, I've tried that before several times, TRUST ME, look at my god damn forum sign with all that cutsy shit
Look at my forum picture for fuck's sake, TRUST ME, I've TRIED

Millireena said:
Soriki said:
Kill yourself faggot
Get off my fucking board

(I don't use swear words because I find that it looks and sounds trashy to let you know)
Gee whiz, good sir/madam (whichever you are). I used to have sympathy for you but there's a difference between having annoyance and having anger issues, and you're just over the top.
I'm not gonna post another long message because honestly I'm watching a movie right now and I'm pretty lazy and it seems like nothing gets through to you so I'll say this: You say how tired you are of seeing these posts or threads etc, you say you hate when people do this and that or this, but you refuse to do anything to avoid it. So as much as I hate to say this because it's annoying, you're gonna have to deal with it, or leave.

You obviously have a lot of ill feelings about this place so just leave? But you refuse to, so you honestly have no reason to complain then if you don't/won't take any action to make yourself feel better etc. So you have no one to blame but yourself.
Now I'm going to stop posting now, you can keep raging or whatever.
I'm glad I'm worth wasting your time on though. ( ̄ω ̄)
I don't give a shit about your "sympathy"
Stick it up your ass for all it's worth

"Watching a movie" Why the fuck are on you on MAL then if you're not ready to engage in a conversation!? YOU LITERALLY POSTED A PARAGRAPH WORTH OF TEXT AND YOU'RE SAYING THAT? *Facepalm
If you're going to type, fucking use it for something
"I would, but I won't, I could, but nah" Sounds like Destiny's garbage storyline

"I refuse to avoid it" I avoid it by not coming on for a while/getting banned for a bit, which helps

AND NO, I CANNOT AVOID IT WHEN IT'S LITERALLY THE MOST POPULAR THREADS, AND IT'S LITTERED ALL OVER THE PLACE

"You're gonna have to deal with it" I'M DOING IT RIGHT NOW, CAN YOU READ?

"You have no reason to complain" Fuck yes I do, me and several other people have stated how shit this site has for rules, how frequently you see the same old garbage thread, etc, don't give me that bullshit

"You have no one to blame but yourself" I AM NOT RETARDED, I CAN SEE THAT, MY POSTS BELONG ON CRINGLER/TUMBLR, I CAN SEE THAT VERY GOOD
But no way in hell will I enter that shithole, PICK YOUR POISON, and I'm picking MAL because there IS some good people and good posts that SOMETIMES get popular! So hell no, fuck off, I'm staying, there is good people here, and I'll vent all I want like many others do about the shit, the more you like something the more you criticize it unless you're a god damn blind, mindless fanboy/girl

"Now I'm going to stop posting now" Yeah fucking right, you said that several times already, how about you stop replying cause we all have made you re-realize a million times that you're wrong and you should've said something like "PLEASE EDUCATE ME"
"I KNOW I'M WRONG BUT CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHY, BLA BLA BLA"
Instead of implying to put yourself on a god damn moral pedestal with your positivty/no insults/polite bullshit + trying to impose your cringy views about the main point of your shit post
How about instead of keeping on replying here, how about you go make more threads, now or later, whenever you do it, JUST MAKE MORE
And eventually, EVENTUALLY, you'll have a GOOD POST.

That will hopefully be somewhat WORTHWHILE

"I'm glad I'm worth wasting your time on thought." You really think you're special? I waste my time on retards all the god damn time, wasting my time is literally what I do all the time, if I wouldn't be talking to you, I'd be on some Youtube comment section probably, or just staring at the screen doing absolutely nothing, I subconsciously get off on rage/arguing, I know IT, otherwise I wouldn't keep on doing it

Millireena said:
Soriki said:

Didn't see this post so gonna respond now.
You can't really go off of what's on my watch list atm, I'm still adding to it because like I've mentioned before *sigh* I used to have an account on here 3 years ago but I lost it's PW and lost access to the email I used to make it. So I made this account and again, me being lazy, I haven't added everything I've completed to my watch(ed) list yet but I plan to because I've been watching a lot of anime that I need to keep track of.
What the fuck is wrong with you? I watched this shit (Shit doesn't = bad, just calling it that for fucks sake, I liked it) I watched it YEARS AGO, and that was sexualizing him HARD ASF, it's a common bishounen character, I knew you watched a bunch of Anime that were sexualizing males and you didn't even notice how obvious it was

Perfect Spanish saying/quote for this

"If you had a cow in front of you, you wouldn't even see it"

"Tubieras una vaca enfrente y ni te darias cuenta (You'd have a cow in front of you and you wouldn't even notice"

"Maybe just stop posting until you're at least somewhat mentally stable. I don't think viciously attacking someone who is being nice to you is going to help you." Fact: I don't know when the hell I'll be mentally stable newbie
LVL1GoblinDec 28, 2017 11:12 PM
Dec 29, 2017 10:45 PM

Apr 2015
Well said, and fully agreed. It's probably because sex sells, and companies are all about profits. Plus if the author just likes that kind of stuff then in it goes.

It just makes the anime that don't have it or have less of it all the more better. That said, If the story is good that can up my tolerance a bit, except in the cases where the whole series in question is pretty much ecchi. I try to stay way from ALL of that.

You should post things like this on the disqus community, at least there you can block people. Considering some of the responses.. yeah.. but you've been pretty patient. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take the time.
Jan 4, 2018 3:28 PM
Jan 2009
For people that pull the sexist card, let's not forget there are popular manga like "Sekirei" which was made by a woman.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

19 by perseii »»
3 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 3 hours ago

22 by traed »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

32 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

87 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
20 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

81 by nishant0 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.