Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 »
Apr 1, 2017 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
erezd said:
Paulo27 said:
If you tried to add an anime that's not approved on MAL yet you have to remove it from the History tab.

well it does say so but all of them are in mal data base. as far i can see.
It should be the one at the bottom of the update list.
Apr 1, 2017 9:48 AM
Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
erezd said:

well it does say so but all of them are in mal data base. as far i can see.
It should be the one at the bottom of the update list.

hahaha thank you very much
Apr 1, 2017 3:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I started watching Granblue Fantasy The Animation today. When I play it, Taiga doesn't recognize it, even though the entry is already on my list (Plan To Watch). The name of the file is the exact name of the database entry. How come it's not recognized and doesn't even show up as a suggestion (first image)?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 1, 2017 3:35 PM

Mar 2014
cyruz said:
I started watching Granblue Fantasy The Animation today. When I play it, Taiga doesn't recognize it, even though the entry is already on my list (Plan To Watch). The name of the file is the exact name of the database entry. How come it's not recognized and doesn't even show up as a suggestion (first image)?

Have you tried restarting Taiga?
I watched these episodes when they were prescreened and didn't have an issue.
I'd also suggest trying to add the title (Granblue Fantasy The Animation) as an alternative title if the restart doesn't help.
Also, what message does Taiga's notification display? Doubt this is an issue of Taiga thinking the show isn't airing yet, and given that it's displaying things with multiple episodes as possible titles, probably not identifying it as a single episode anime either.
Apr 1, 2017 3:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Paulo27 said:
I'd also suggest trying to add the title (Granblue Fantasy The Animation) as an alternative title if the restart doesn't help.
Also, what message does Taiga's notification display? Doubt this is an issue of Taiga thinking the show isn't airing yet, and given that it's displaying things with multiple episodes as possible titles, probably not identifying it as a single episode anime either.

I've been using Taiga for a while, so I know about the alternative title. But I wanted to know what the problem was, because adding the exact title as an alternative title seemed silly to me. Though I am well aware it likely would've fixed the issue.

Simply restarting Taiga has fixed the issue for me. Not sure what went wrong. Thank you!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 1, 2017 4:58 PM

Mar 2014
cyruz said:
Paulo27 said:

I've been using Taiga for a while, so I know about the alternative title. But I wanted to know what the problem was, because adding the exact title as an alternative title seemed silly to me. Though I am well aware it likely would've fixed the issue.

Simply restarting Taiga has fixed the issue for me. Not sure what went wrong. Thank you!
While I said it's unlikely, it might have been an issue with air dates, usually a restart sorts these issues out, but I get what you mean, it's good to report these regardless of available work around or not.
May 15, 2017 4:10 PM

Sep 2013
Hi, I've been using Taiga since 2014-ish, and this is the first time I found a bug that didn't fix itself over time. The anime "Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime: Musou Kakyou" keeps popping up in my 'Currently watching' list, even though I've completed it quite a while ago. I always have to update it to 'completed' whenever I start up my PC (have been doing this since start of winter season I think, but was to occupied with work -and lazy- to reach out). I've tried deleting and updating, but I'm not really a tech kinda guy. Don't know if this is on my end, or just a bug. My MAL is updated though and I don't have problems with any other anime. I just really like having my list on Taiga to be organised, since I've really grown accustomed to it.
May 16, 2017 1:35 AM

Mar 2014
Mokxx said:
Hi, I've been using Taiga since 2014-ish, and this is the first time I found a bug that didn't fix itself over time. The anime "Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime: Musou Kakyou" keeps popping up in my 'Currently watching' list, even though I've completed it quite a while ago. I always have to update it to 'completed' whenever I start up my PC (have been doing this since start of winter season I think, but was to occupied with work -and lazy- to reach out). I've tried deleting and updating, but I'm not really a tech kinda guy. Don't know if this is on my end, or just a bug. My MAL is updated though and I don't have problems with any other anime. I just really like having my list on Taiga to be organised, since I've really grown accustomed to it.
Since the anime is still airing MAL moves it automatically to your Currently Watching.
May 16, 2017 2:04 AM

Sep 2013
Oh wow, I remember now. I put it on completed because it was bothering me. Strange how a 3 episode anime has been airing for a decade.

Either way, thanks for the help.
May 21, 2017 8:51 AM
Jan 2014
for a couple weeks now i havent been able to use the search feature to find torrents meaning that i havent been able to download the missing episodes in my lists and when i click on the check new torrents it comes up with nothing despite missing the last 2+ episodes
May 21, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
blackraid said:
for a couple weeks now i havent been able to use the search feature to find torrents meaning that i havent been able to download the missing episodes in my lists and when i click on the check new torrents it comes up with nothing despite missing the last 2+ episodes
This is because Nyaa.se no longer works.
Change the RSS feed in the settings so it's Nyaa.si instead of Nyaa.se and it should work.
Jul 5, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2007
ls0023987 said:
As of this morning Taiga has been failing to update correctly for me, I have tried the method
Paulo27 said:
Delete the show from the History tab and refresh.

but this doesn't show any results I keep getting the error
Update failed
Title: Anime
Reason: The anime (ID: #####) is already in the list.

1. Go to History page of Taiga, scroll down to the end of your update queue.
2. Delete the item at the end of the queue, which has that anime ID. (This item should have a green plus icon and say “Add to list” at its details.)
3. Synchronize.

If you keep getting the error, you may have to repeat this process a couple of times with different anime, until your update queue is clear.
Aug 11, 2017 6:28 PM
Apr 2017
https://gyazo.com/f13c99185c59f92781015214fcdfb78a

i keep trying to synchronize but it's not doing anything
at first i had to create a password and disconnect my twitter account but now i keep getting this error
Aug 11, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2014
itsjustjaden said:
https://gyazo.com/f13c99185c59f92781015214fcdfb78a

i keep trying to synchronize but it's not doing anything
at first i had to create a password and disconnect my twitter account but now i keep getting this error
See here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214501&show=950#msg48419460
You're likely using an old version of Taiga.
Sep 2, 2017 7:59 AM
Oct 2012
Well.. is there a foolproof-way to link Anime to an entry? Taiga wont stop thinking that my Boku no Hero Academia Episodes are from Season 2, but they are from Season 1.. Dont get this error :l
Sep 2, 2017 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
YamiSparrow said:
Well.. is there a foolproof-way to link Anime to an entry? Taiga wont stop thinking that my Boku no Hero Academia Episodes are from Season 2, but they are from Season 1.. Dont get this error :l
What filenames are you using? What are the alternative titles for each entry?
Sep 22, 2017 11:50 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Hello, found an annoying issue.

Taiga doesn't recognize MPC-HC of this codec
https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix

Could you please fix it? Exe path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x64\mpc-hc\shoukaku.exe"

UPDATE: Nvm, works with 1.3 beta version
Nov 6, 2017 2:14 PM
Feb 2010
Noticed that average ratings for shows no longer update when I open the show info, used to be I could middle click a show to open its popup and the average rating column would update at this time as well. Was this feature disabled at some point? Haven't tried on the beta version so not sure if it was changed there. If no rating is set for the show yet it will fetch it, but if one is already set it doesn't seem like it ever tries to update it even if I open the panel again to look at show info.
Nov 6, 2017 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
OrangeFlavored said:
Noticed that average ratings for shows no longer update when I open the show info, used to be I could middle click a show to open its popup and the average rating column would update at this time as well. Was this feature disabled at some point? Haven't tried on the beta version so not sure if it was changed there. If no rating is set for the show yet it will fetch it, but if one is already set it doesn't seem like it ever tries to update it even if I open the panel again to look at show info.
You're probably just opening the info popup too close to the previous time you opened it. I forget the exact time but it only updates if you open after X time from the last update.
You can press F5 to refresh the info and the score though.
Nov 6, 2017 8:10 PM
Feb 2010
Paulo27 said:
OrangeFlavored said:
You're probably just opening the info popup too close to the previous time you opened it. I forget the exact time but it only updates if you open after X time from the last update.
You can press F5 to refresh the info and the score though.

Well I've got shows from last season that still show the same rating they had when the first episode aired, and shows I definitely haven't touched in weeks/months and it doesn't seem to want to update automatically.

F5 works though, should have tried that...
Nov 9, 2017 3:42 AM
Dec 2009
I can't log in my MAL account and my History backlog is filling up. Any idea on this? My latest update is Aho Girl Episode 2 so it shouldn't have problems with that one.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Nov 9, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
Hexcellion said:
I can't log in my MAL account and my History backlog is filling up. Any idea on this? My latest update is Aho Girl Episode 2 so it shouldn't have problems with that one.
What error are you getting? It's likely that it's where you're logging in from that is the issue, like if you're using your university's internet for example.
Nov 10, 2017 10:24 AM
Dec 2009
@Paulo27

I am currently stuck in "Logging in..." I'll check if it still occurs after a restart.
HexcellionNov 10, 2017 10:27 AM
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Dec 6, 2017 2:15 PM
Sep 2010
I have a problem with refreshing data in "seasons" section. When I tried refreshing, the data were not updated and taiga told me that "MyAnimeList returned an empty response" . I'm not sure what's happening. This happened the other day and the problem still persists. Taiga syncs my list fine. I'm also using the latest version (1.2.5).
Dec 7, 2017 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
Golf129 said:
I have a problem with refreshing data in "seasons" section. When I tried refreshing, the data were not updated and taiga told me that "MyAnimeList returned an empty response" . I'm not sure what's happening. This happened the other day and the problem still persists. Taiga syncs my list fine. I'm also using the latest version (1.2.5).
You have made too many requests to the MAL servers.
You can get around this by selecting (drag and select) the anime in the seasons and right-click > refresh data.
Dec 18, 2017 1:19 PM
Apr 2016
I keep getting this error when trying to log in Unknown Error (myanimelist|1|403)

Im on Windows 10 btw
Dec 18, 2017 10:46 PM
Dec 26, 2017 2:35 PM
Jun 2015
Is there a way to only make my episode count update after I've watched the episode and not while watching it?

Other than upping the timer on the delay of course since that wouldn't solve the problem.
Dec 26, 2017 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
Yostiq said:
Is there a way to only make my episode count update after I've watched the episode and not while watching it?

Other than upping the timer on the delay of course since that wouldn't solve the problem.
There's an option to update only when you close the player.
Dec 27, 2017 8:01 PM
Aug 2016
Taiga Isn't recognizing the episodes anymore

it was okay 2 hours ago

when I click this it open the correct episode but it doesn't recognize the episode
Dec 27, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2014
oZilDeRo said:

it was okay 2 hours ago

when I click this it open the correct episode but it doesn't recognize the episode
What does it show on the Now Playing tab when you play episode 1?
Dec 27, 2017 9:05 PM
Aug 2016
Paulo27 said:
oZilDeRo said:

it was okay 2 hours ago

I forgot to include it with the pics

Dec 28, 2017 8:10 AM
Aug 2016
oZilDeRo said:
Paulo27 said:

I forgot to include it with the pics

isn't there any solution?
Dec 28, 2017 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
oZilDeRo said:
Honestly I can't really see the issue.
What if you move the folder elsewhere? And renaming to something like "episode 1"? This isn't really offering you suggestions to fix the problem, more just trying to see what's causing it.
Dec 30, 2017 12:58 AM
Aug 2016
Paulo27 said:
oZilDeRo said:
What if you move the folder elsewhere? And renaming to something like "episode 1"? This isn't really offering you suggestions to fix the problem, more just trying to see what's causing it.

Do u think the codec pack makes difference?
Dec 30, 2017 7:31 AM

Mar 2014
oZilDeRo said:
Paulo27 said:

Do u think the codec pack makes difference?
Don't see why that'd be an issue, this is a problem with Taiga not being able to properly read the folder the file it is in.
How about running as an administrator too? Doubt it'll help though.
Jan 1, 2018 4:43 AM
Aug 2016
IDK what happens but it's working
Jan 4, 2018 3:21 PM
May 2017
hey! when will Taiga start displaying Winter 2018 anime list under the Seasons tab?
Jan 4, 2018 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
kaizakisenpai said:
hey! when will Taiga start displaying Winter 2018 anime list under the Seasons tab?
When erengy gets around to it, likely within a week.
Jan 12, 2018 1:47 PM

Feb 2014
Hello everyone here.

I - by pure coincidence - found this weird display bug with Taiga today. The µ's song Mogyuto "Love" de Sekkinchuu! (https://myanimelist.net/anime/12637/ - with the quotation marks in the site title) doesn't have the quotation marks displayed properly.
Instead, it shows Mogyutto "Love" de Sekkinchuu! in both the Anime Information window and the list itself.

Screenshots:
https://puu.sh/z07bF/d7457d4bcc.png (Anime Information)
https://puu.sh/z07sX/e7226f01e2.png (list entry)

If this is the wrong place to post this, please tell me where to go.
Jan 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
Athaba said:
Hello everyone here.

I - by pure coincidence - found this weird display bug with Taiga today. The µ's song Mogyuto "Love" de Sekkinchuu! (https://myanimelist.net/anime/12637/ - with the quotation marks in the site title) doesn't have the quotation marks displayed properly.
Instead, it shows Mogyutto "Love" de Sekkinchuu! in both the Anime Information window and the list itself.

Screenshots:

Did you modify your anime.xml file by chance? Also, before you try to open it, make a backup as erengy might want to take a look at it.
My suggestion is to close Taiga, delete %appdata%\Taiga\data\db\anime.xml and start Taiga again, this will generate a new database and *should* fix the problem, again, backup that file before doing anything.
Jan 12, 2018 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
Paulo27 said:
Athaba said:
Hello everyone here.

Screenshots:

Did you modify your anime.xml file by chance? Also, before you try to open it, make a backup as erengy might want to take a look at it.
My suggestion is to close Taiga, delete %appdata%\Taiga\data\db\anime.xml and start Taiga again, this will generate a new database and *should* fix the problem, again, backup that file before doing anything.

I did delete the file and restarted Taiga. At first, it was fine, then I opened the window of the song and with the refreshing the weird display came back.
Also, I don't think I ever tinkered with the anime.xml.
Several retries yielded the same result.

The situation I found this in was me refreshing many titles (one by one of course with opening their Anime Information windows) to have a current average score shown to me. I do this every few months and never had a problem. The song has been in my list for quite some time, so it should've happened earlier which is didn't.
Jan 12, 2018 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
Athaba said:
Paulo27 said:

I did delete the file and restarted Taiga. At first, it was fine, then I opened the window of the song and with the refreshing the weird display came back.
Also, I don't think I ever tinkered with the anime.xml.
Several retries yielded the same result.

The situation I found this in was me refreshing many titles (one by one of course with opening their Anime Information windows) to have a current average score shown to me. I do this every few months and never had a problem. The song has been in my list for quite some time, so it should've happened earlier which is didn't.
Weird indeed. I might try to update my whole list to see if I have this issue as well.
Jan 12, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
Just now found it with Pokemon Sun & Moon, Pokemon XY&Z, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt so it might be a more widespread problem.
Not all entries on my list containing "&" have been affected though
Jan 12, 2018 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Athaba said:
Just now found it with Pokemon Sun & Moon, Pokemon XY&Z, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt so it might be a more widespread problem.
I just tried to delete my anime.xml file and generate a new one and have not had this issue. What version are you using by the way?
Jan 12, 2018 3:33 PM

Feb 2014
Paulo27 said:
Athaba said:
I just tried to delete my anime.xml file and generate a new one and have not had this issue. What version are you using by the way?

The regular 1.2.5 stable release, no beta stuff, with all updates installed. Winter season 2018 is also there

Weird that you don't have it
Jan 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
Athaba said:
Paulo27 said:

The regular 1.2.5 stable release, no beta stuff, with all updates installed. Winter season 2018 is also there

Ah, it appears this bug has been fixed as of v1.3.0-beta.2 (which I'm using). Though I never noticed the bug in the past either.
Try updating here: https://github.com/erengy/taiga/releases and seeing if the problem persists.
Jan 12, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2014
Paulo27 said:
Athaba said:

Ah, it appears this bug has been fixed as of v1.3.0-beta.2 (which I'm using). Though I never noticed the bug in the past either.
Try updating here: https://github.com/erengy/taiga/releases and seeing if the problem persists.

I'm really uncomfortable with betas, and I know there is nothing wrong with Taiga's beta, but still.
I'll wait until 1.3 is released for that (it doesn't really impact my use of Taiga, so it doesn't matter).
Good to know that it's technically already fixed and thank you for your quick help.
Jan 20, 2018 12:48 PM
Jan 2018
I keep getting "Authorization Failed (invalid username or password)"
http://prntscr.com/i38ia3

I tried it a thousand times, I can't add anime, search or do anything. Tried reinstalling, purging Taiga entirely, rebooting and then reinstalling.
Nothing.
Jan 20, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
mgc95 said:
I keep getting "Authorization Failed (invalid username or password)"
http://prntscr.com/i38ia3

I tried it a thousand times, I can't add anime, search or do anything. Tried reinstalling, purging Taiga entirely, rebooting and then reinstalling.
Nothing.
Does your password have any special symbol?
Tried changing it?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

» Twitter posting

zatinho - Mar 27, 2019

0 by zatinho »»
Mar 27, 2019 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.