Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2017 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, even in the finale, these two girls (Chito andYuuri) are still able to have fun in this desolate world. Talking and eating chocolate...interesting.

Really interesting to see the two discover some footage of past characters. It still invokes a sense of mystery regarding their world and its history. I love the usage of the music for this episode though. The piano tune with the soft melancholic OST really gave me a good impression. it also also nice to see reflection of their adventures together.

This was one of my favorite shows of the season. 9/10.
Dec 22, 2017 6:39 AM
Mar 2012
Well, I guess that my speculation last week was half-correct. They did "pad out" the runtime by flashbacks, but not in the way I expected.

This episode had probably the most changes/additions compared to the manga:

• The chocolate "reveal" was kinda ruined by showing the label before they even ate it.
  • Almost all the photo/video details outside of Kanazawa & friend, the schoolgirls, and the newborn baby were anime original, especially the war scenes.
  • The flashback chapter was adapted after all, but truncated down into 30 seconds.
  • They really milked Yuu's "death" for all it was worth with all the flashbacks, which I guess could work pretty well for the last episode if you don't know what's coming.
  • For whatever reason, they actually toned down Chito's reaction to hearing that they might be the last two people alive in the city.
  • Maybe because it didn't fit the atmosphere in that exact moment, but when Nuko said goodbye to them, Yuu's "bye" back was removed.
  • The epilogue with the callbacks to earlier episodes was anime original, and them being unsure of the way to the highest level might become a minor continuity error, but the reference to the first episode was probably worth it.
Dec 22, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2010
This show reminds me of a video game that I haven't played yet.
Dec 22, 2017 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
It's over...
Why does it have to be over? :(

Sparvid said:

For whatever reason, they actually toned down Chito's reaction to hearing that they might be the last two people alive in the city.

actually. I think it's brilliant that way. It leaves the viewers "to imagine and feel it themselves," which, imo, is crucial.

but the milk over "that scene" and the flashbacks disappoints me, but not bcs it's bad, but bcs it's a sign that that's it, it's the finale. :(

Why does it have to be over? :(
Dec 22, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
I hope they will announce S2 in a short time, because the manga is getting better and better.
Dec 22, 2017 8:28 AM
Jun 2017
illivinni said:
I hope they will announce S2 in a short time, because the manga is getting better and better.

Manga is moving towards a conclusion and a continuation,will be a few years before there is enough material for a 2nd cour.

There are enough side stories for a OVA though.
Dec 22, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
This whole series was absolutely beautiful. I loved every second of it.
I may be biased, but this is MY perfect series. It just fit my expectations and even blew them away at some parts.
This anime is going to be my favourite for quite a while. I'm so happy I watched it.
Dec 22, 2017 9:53 AM

Feb 2017
Sparvid said:

[*]They really milked Yuu's "death" for all it was worth with all the flashbacks, which I guess could work pretty well for the last episode if you don't know what's coming.

I haven't watched the eps but wtf,
yuu is "dead"?
Dec 22, 2017 10:08 AM
May 2014
nina444 said:

I haven't watched the eps but wtf,
yuu is "dead"?

didnt watch it yet as welll (what a surprise, delayed once again...) but it's about this:
Dec 22, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Nordhammer said:
illivinni said:

Manga is moving towards a conclusion and a continuation,will be a few years before there is enough material for a 2nd cour.

There are enough side stories for a OVA though.

2 volumes more than the manga's recent point are enough for one cour. Early 2019 is the quickest possible I think.
Dec 22, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2015
"Non-Perishable Chocolate High Calorie". Alriiiiight. Yuuri's dreams have come true. Now if they could just find some cheese. And shouldn't Chito have been able to read the label and see that it was indeed chocolate?

Chito and Yuuri went snooping through Hanazawa's photos...I think he definitely left them there deliberately in order to show Chito and Yuuri some amazing bits of the past.

"They look like they're around our age..." Yes, but how old are you two? I think it's intentionally being left vague so they could get away with that beer scene.

At last, we get a little backstory. Chito and Yuuri's grandpa sent them off on their own when they were really young, probably dying himself shortly after.

Live reaction to the giant cut out of nowhere that ate Yuuri: "Oh. Oh shit no. Oh shit WHAT IS HAPPENING WHAT IS THIS"

What...what the hell are those things? Earth's going to come to an end, but...how much are these things connected to the war and the devastation of humanity? Are Chito and Yuuri really the last two people on Earth, considering how recently they met Kanazawa and Ishii? So many questions...

"As long as I have you, Yuu, I'm happy..." Gaaaaaaaay. I love it.

Season 2 when? 8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 22, 2017 6:23 PM
Jun 2017
illivinni said:

2 volumes more than the manga's recent point are enough for one cour. Early 2019 is the quickest possible I think.

Always look on the bright side of life eh? :)

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou has taken over three years now to reach 41 chapters,perhaps the four year mark(Feb) will see chapter 43.

The adaption has used three chapters per episode,in some cases two chapters,with unpublished side stories thrown in here and there.

Episode 12 adapted chapters 27&28 and,as with the first episode,chapter 35.

Currently there is enough published material for three/four episodes or so,leaving the need for 24 more chapters and given one chapter per month;two years
Would figure on 2020 Spring season being the soonest,2020 Fall is my guess.

But there are always OVAs :)

NordhammerDec 23, 2017 3:44 AM
Dec 22, 2017 10:50 PM
Jul 2018

Of course, I am a super optimist fan! >:)

I am actually impressed by Tsukumizu's work ethic. I mean look how she animated the ED single-handedly. And her tumblr. And judging by her twitter, she still has a lotta philosophy to spill. Maybe if the mango sell well, she'll even more be spirited to write in full speed..

oh wait, I forgot the studio is White Fox.. ;_;
Dec 22, 2017 11:06 PM

Apr 2008
The camera part was super moving, can't really explain why. Tears were shed ;_; Also, now I get it where that fish keychain was coming from.

This was the AOTY for me. Hoping for a 2nd season or an OVA in the future.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Dec 22, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2016
So three little girls and their little robotics club experiment made it possible for machines to consume material for making more copies of themselves and evolve to more efficiently do their task and accommodate dangerous situations to the next generation that probably lead a hand in human extinction.

Thats tuff
Dec 23, 2017 12:11 AM

Oct 2017
that scene with the camera was amazing mixing in the normal life of people while giving backstory on what had happened to everybody. I wonder what happened to Kanazawa and Ishii if it is true that they are the only two left alive. What a great series. 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Aug 2015
The camera sequence and the reveal of what the fuck those idol things were was a great way to end the series. Now I just hope that the manga sales skyrocket so Kadokawa will be financially motivated to produce a second season, cause they won't green light whatever doesn't make them money no matter how popular the series is. This was my favorite show this season and I'm so glad that people took notice of it, even just the few who have.
Dec 23, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2016
So it ended.

Looks like those little school girls were the ones who built skynet, damn.
Dec 23, 2017 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
Chii-chan a tsundere? Well that was expected.
Dec 23, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2015
Well, the mushroom lady actually explained the mystery where all the corpses went.

Also she mentioned that Yuu and Chi are the only living humans left. So, are Ishii and Kanazawa dead?

Dec 23, 2017 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
Piromysl said:
Well, the mushroom lady actually explained the mystery where all the corpses went.

Also she mentioned that Yuu and Chi are the only living humans left. So, are Ishii and Kanazawa dead?

They simply don't know, but what they mean as far as they have seen.
They even said that aside from highest level, so that mean maybe there are human on the highest level.
Dec 23, 2017 2:33 AM
Jan 2016
Piromysl said:

She said they're the only two humans that they're aware of, but there's no indication of what the scope of their observational powers are, so it's possible she just means she thought humans were completely extinct until she stumbled across Yuu and Chi.
Dec 23, 2017 2:51 AM

Mar 2016
this is the type of show I will carry with me for a long time
i love yuu and chi so much

give. me. a. season. two.

9/10 one of the best things to air this year
Dec 23, 2017 2:52 AM

Apr 2015
Tbh this is pretty dissapointing for an ending of a series... i really like 11th episode more than this. It feels rushed and forced, and more importantly: WHY NUKO MUST LEAVE THE TRIO!!!

I mean i still love this anime as a whole, even i think this is definitely anime of the season for me, or even be my anime of the year 2017. But I really think Nuko's presence is definitely needed as this show's mascot...

Well whatever, 10/10 for the whole anime and 5/10 for the ending...

Now, I'll just go read the manga to see the continuation.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Dec 23, 2017 2:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Finding preserved chocolate on a frozen sub was unexpected. So the camera connected to to the sub's computers huh. But that was a surprisingly large amounts of photos that the camera had though. Seeing all these videos and photos of others just tells you how much they actually lost. The images of war mixed in with the images of happiness though was a great contrast. Yuu getting swallowed by a giant cat though huh. Can't really imagine the cats being the enemies of mankind though. The bond between Chito and Yuu is a deep one so Chito will fight hard to rescue her. So the cats search the cities for weapons to ingest hoping to bring the city back to life huh. But at least their job was done though. Guess the girls journey will continue until the end of times huh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 3:54 AM
Jun 2017
illivinni said:

Of course, I am a super optimist fan! >:)

I am actually impressed by Tsukumizu's work ethic. I mean look how she animated the ED single-handedly. And her tumblr. And judging by her twitter, she still has a lotta philosophy to spill. Maybe if the mango sell well, she'll even more be spirited to write in full speed..

oh wait, I forgot the studio is White Fox.. ;_;

:)

Tsukumizu's twitter,as you mentioned,gives only the indication she has more of the tale left to tell.
With the girls reaching their initial goal of the city's upper most level,their tour should begin anew.
NordhammerDec 23, 2017 6:34 AM
Dec 23, 2017 3:56 AM
Apr 2017
The ending is quite...bad...
lswarmruler said:
Tbh this is pretty dissapointing for an ending of a series... i really like 11th episode more than this. It feels rushed and forced, and more importantly: WHY NUKO MUST LEAVE THE TRIO!!!

I agree with u that they should have ended it with ep 11 with such weak ending
Dec 23, 2017 3:58 AM
Aug 2015
I find it cool how the robot showed in the video on the sub "evolved" over time into those weird white creatures.
Dec 23, 2017 4:05 AM

Jun 2014
Beautiful ending to a beautiful show. It was really interesting seeing all of that other stuff on the camera, along with learning more about the kind of being the cut is. There also seemed to be an implication that Kanazawa and Ishii are possibly dead since Yuu and Chito are apparently the only humans left, according to those mushroom head things. It's possible that's not the case since things were kind of vague there, but it's still pretty sad to think about.

I didn't know what to expect from this going in, but it was a pleasant surprise from start to finish and I'm happy I decided to watch it. 7/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 23, 2017 4:56 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow they got to find and eat preserved chocolate! Yum! :9 I was surprised to see that the camera connected to the monitors and then it showed all its image and video files. All photos and videos were from the past which were seen by Chii-chan and Yuu for the first time before this post-apocalyptic world. There was a really beautiful background music (Nocturne, wasn't it?) playing while all videos played in sequence: Three cute girls presenting a project, lives of families living peacefully, and then there's the dispute among the politicians and, of course, the war.

So little Nuko was a young one among the mushroom creatures. Their song was truly beautiful. And it looks like they haven't seen Kanazawa or Ishii yet, as they only stated Chii-chan and Yuu were the last humans they've seen on Earth.

I absolutely enjoyed this anime and it was a faithful adaptation of the manga. Or it's probably better. The soundtrack is soothing, and the relationship between Chii-chan & Yuu was always fun to watch. They always wonder about life of past civilization and their conversations sometimes lead to philosophical questions.

Totally a 10/10 from me, and this has been my most favorite anime from 2017 out of all the others I've watched from this year. I gotta continue the manga from where I left off! It's also become one of my favorite manga too.

Thank you, White Fox, for doing a good job adapting this! :D
Dec 23, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2016
So, the aliens really were involved on what happened to Earth and is it really true that Chi and Yuu are the ones left alive? How about Kanazawa-san and Ishii-san? What.

I thought this show is gonna go Made In Abyss on me when that big-ass alien creature ate Yuu. Ohmygod.

I have so many queries, though, and I hope the manga will answer most of it.

So, a war happened and machines somehow got involved and aliens, too? Hehe. So many questions. Tasuketeeeeee!

I guess with what the aliens told them two that they're the ones left alive on Earth, they'll be together forever. Waaah. This makes me want to start reading the manga. I wish these girls to be forever safe and not be harmed because most likely those aliens were dead wrong that they're the ones left alive. Not me, aliens! Hahaha.

That was a very beautiful and unique show. One of the best SOL anime I've watched. 9/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 23, 2017 5:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Just was that we knows!!! The life continues!!!
Dec 23, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
Not much I want to say about this show other than it was pretty much my favorite show this season,somewhere between 7.5 to 8 so I'll give it an 8/10.
Dec 23, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2016
Wow this episode delivered quite a bit in terms of backround storytelling, be it the history of earth or Chi and Yuu. Highly memorable episode for me.

Very good show overall,the concept was interesting and well presented,the kind of vibe I got from this is something unique and nothing I could find in any other series.

7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2017 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Beautiful ending and we know a bit about the world before the war. 10/10 and i think it's AOTS/AOTY for me.
Time to read the manga then and maybe buy BD.
Dec 23, 2017 6:18 AM

Feb 2014
I was taken by surprise that the camera was able to connect to the submarine's computers, which gave Yuuri and Chito a HUGE library of pictures, clips and events that happened in the past. I'm also curious about the girl standing next to Kanazawa in one of the pictures. Is she alive still?

The big creature that swallowed Yuuri before spitting her back out transformed into a mushroom-like form as they ate all of the missile that the submarine had as they explained about how, from their knowledge, that Yuuri and Chito were the only humans they've encountered, before they departed towards the sky. It was also them who made the song that Chito and Yuuri heard a few times as well. The full version of the song was simply beautiful and left me feeling goosebumps. =)

I'll rate this show either an 8 or a 9. This was one of the more surprising shows for me this year and I hope that there'll be more content to adapt into a second season if it ever happens. =3
Dec 23, 2017 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
imo the ending was good enough, because the main point of this show for me was the bond of the two and seeing them discover new things about the world.
Dec 23, 2017 6:52 AM
Nov 2016
So basically Chii and Yuu chan are the only survivor that are left in the end,. Kanazawa and Ishii might possibly dead?.,. The white mushroom thing also did tell them that their world is near to the end,. damn, this is so sad,. the flashback scene also killed me,. especially when they decided to put Nocturne piano ost in the scene,I had to admit that Girl last tour is one of the hella uniqe sof anime I ever seen tbh ~ 10/10,
Dec 23, 2017 7:12 AM

Sep 2011
Yuri intensifies...

Dec 23, 2017 7:21 AM

Jan 2015
And so the final is like that. Both Yuu and Chi discovered what happen before. The War and also some of Inventor's Documentaries. And if the giant cut thingy said is true that both of them is the last human remain, then Yuu surely know what "to do". Hold Chi's hand and do "something" later. :3
Though I don't know the meaning of this episode's Title.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 23, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2017
So those things are aliens (..?) that eat weapons and any electronics that they can use as a power source. And the removal of electronics/technology, along with the huge war, is what has forced the world to restart. Something like that anyway.

Supposedly, Yuu and Chi are the only survivors (the two they met probably died) except for the conveniently unsurveyed top layer. This leaves a lot of mystery as to what they will find.

Welp, guess I'm reading the manga. 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 7:30 AM

Nov 2014
Didnt understand the aliens stuff, they were there just to eat the post war weapons? Anyways a really unique anime its sad that it ended T.T 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 7:33 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic finale.

It was real interesting to see the camera sync upto the main server or whatever and have that huge montage of humanity's self destruction. Along with the soundtrack, the giant robots destroying the land, for some reason I felt it was like a scene out of Evangelion or something. xD

You know, I feel like if they played Weight of the World from NieR:Automata at the final scene where the Mushroom things describe the end of world and fly away, it would've been even more amazing and would also fit so well with the theme of hopelessness that Yuu describes as they fly away.

Lot of really nice heartwarming moments for Yuu and Chi this episode, Yuri vibes ftw. XD

Overall, this show always felt very surreal to me, it's strangely captivating and beautiful despite the desolate dystopian world it takes place in, much like the game I mentioned previously. There's a lot of interesting commentary on various things both simple and complex but the simplistic presentation of this made it shine. Yuu and Chi are great characters and the overall direction of the series from the various scenes to the soundtrack was always on point. Definitely up there as one of my favorites from Fall.

9/10, S2 please.
Dec 23, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2016
This was really good. Worthy of being an AotS contender. Loved both girls (although I prefer Chito), the OST was nice, the atmosphere was haunting, and the world building was really well done. 8/10
Dec 23, 2017 8:04 AM
Mar 2015
Glad the girls are able to continue their tour. They don't really need anyone else but each other. The aliens said that they were the last humans left alive in the city Onwards and upwards to the top level TO THE MOON
Dec 23, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
Random news reports stored on a digital camera because reasons. Seemed a bit contrived but otherwise a great finale to a fantastic show.
Dec 23, 2017 8:22 AM
Dec 2012
Wow what a ride. Definitely one of my favorites of this season.
Dec 23, 2017 8:23 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
How Tsukumizu was part of the staff as series supervisor made this show great. The first part was really powerful they even added some scenes aside from the photos and some videos like the wars and stuff how that tiny device holds the records of humanity. Did their grandfather commit suicide? I was sure as hell he did. Pretty much a good ending for the show despite my concern last week great job White Fox.

10/10 series
5/5 episode
100/10 dab
Dec 23, 2017 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
As a whole, this anime is definitely overrated, but enjoyable. The scene with the pictures and videos was very nicely done.
Dec 23, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2017
Wow. Now this was a really amazing finale. I didn't expect that ending at all. It seems that Yuu and Chi really are the only people left in the world... But apparently the manga continues after this, so I sure as hell will be reading it.

Honestly, I expected this show to suddenly get dark, and I'm not gonna lie, if it wasn't for Made in Abyss I probably would have skipped this. But I'm glad I didn't. While other shows like my profile pick, Texhnolyze, seem to revel in the despair and hopelessness that the apocalypse and the end of humanity will bring, this show takes a completely different route and explores and finds comfort in how everything will continue after said end. And damn does it pull that off.

Our main two characters are likeable and the chemistry they show in their conversations, with the back and forth between Yuu's carelessness and Chi's rationality. I also really dig the artstyle, contrasting the cute design of the characters with the general grayness of the entire color palette, and each episode was a really interesting and introspective experience about humanity itself and what we, as a species, have brought to this world, for better or worse, and what we will leave behind after we're gone.

9/10. I will be waiting for a season 2 and reading the manga in the meantime.
miguitronikDec 23, 2017 8:57 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

92 by ReganDesu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 22, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.