Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2016 10:27 PM
Nov 2016
it was an okay ride, not that bad and not that good either.. would give this a 7/10.
Dec 11, 2016 2:23 PM
Nov 2016
WTF HAPPENED HERE????????
I can't believe, but it's okay
Dec 18, 2016 10:58 PM
Aug 2016
I like to give 4 star to this anime , I think ending shouldn't have be like this. I mean what about tatsumi promise to stay alive. He is leading character of this anime and he still died at the end, man that sucks.
Dec 21, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2008
Killing off all the characters at the ending looks so forced and rushed. The fight was nice though, but Leone's death was so unnecessary and forced... losing her power doesn't mean she can't fucking move and she was in close range! She has the upper hand as assassin and as close combat expert. The next facepalm was her letting the minister to shoot her again...
CCL_SamaDec 21, 2016 2:52 PM
Jan 1, 2017 1:15 AM

Dec 2016
Why didn't akame die in the end?
Mortal King
Jan 1, 2017 1:16 AM

Dec 2016
So many plot holes in this anime
Mortal King
Jan 7, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2015
I feel really sorry for the people from Tatsumi's village, they have no idea that their heroes are dead and never coming back...

Until the very last moments of the episode I thought Tatsumi would make a comeback or something, but it didn't happen, rest in peace Tatsumi.

Overall this anime touched me many times. Many don't like it and I can totally see why, but for me who is bored of all these shows that are showered with plot armor and nobody ever dies, this show kept me to the edge of my seat constantly. 9/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 11, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
It's either an 8 or 9 from me, haven't decided yet.
Loved the characters, music, comedy and the fights were so damn good! I've never seen such awesome and enjoyable fights before. I loved almost everything about this show but the ending was a bit dissatisfying.
I wanted my Esdeath x Tatsumi ship to sail so bad, before I started this show I always thought they ended up as a couple. Don't know where I got that (I've probably seen the final scene of Esdeath somewhere and assumed they were together) but it never happened and I wanted it sooo baaaaad maaaaan.
And fuck don't even get me started on Leone what the fuck MAN. Seeing that pig bastard gets his head smashed made me really happy tho. Leone didn't deserve to die like that. :c

RIP Night Raid, thank you for your enjoyable fights.
Also RIP Esdeath, you were my favorite <3
Feb 1, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.
read the manga for good ending
Feb 1, 2017 7:55 AM

May 2009
TheZeroAnime said:
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.
read the manga for good ending

I read it from beginning of the scanlations.
Feb 13, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2016
Yikes, what a bloodbath. Even though I liked Leone, I just had to laugh when she died because it was just as if the writers were trying to kill off everybody, no matter what level of bullshittery that entailed. I knew that my favorite, Esdeath, had to lose to Akame, but I was frustrated it happened via deus ex machina with the hitherto unheard of "afterimage" thing.

And then the closing narration was basically "Everybody had a negative perception of Night Raid at first but then they just forgot about them entirely and the world is still just as violent as ever." So this was all pointless? Am I reading the situation correctly? I guess that this is the consequence of people thinking that dark and edgy automatically equates to deep and intelligent.

Enjoyed it, but it gets a 6/10 due to the try hard edgy ending and the bizarre tonal shifts. Would watch a remake in the future because I think there's a lot of potential here to make something a lot better.
Feb 27, 2017 11:58 AM
May 2015
Honeslty I really didnt give a f cuz I just wanted it to end. Its sad cuz the it had lot of potential but it when fastly downhill thinking faboulus visual are enough. This time u couldnt get a way with it
Mar 5, 2017 4:31 PM
Mar 2017
This anime had me actually like on the verge of tears at the end, i got attached to Tatsumi and blondy so when i saw them die i was shocked then even sadder is Akame is left alone again the last Night Raid assassin left as the boss would die soon enough talk about a anime that actually takes the fact that just because someone is a main character dont mean they are safe, i was hoping tatsumi would at least survive with akame but at the same time the surprise was what made it easily my top 5 anime
Mar 7, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
That was a nice series... But, come on! Almost everyone died!!!! And, as I read, a lot of people cried in this episode. Lol, am I the only one that didn't see anything that sad in here? I guess I just don't have any feelings :(

Nice fight, by the way. Murasame doesn't work on Akame? Is that why she still lives?
Mar 12, 2017 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good anime. It had some mixed of serious and comedy stuff and it was good overall.
Im a anime only and until the last episode i was about to give it a 9/10 since it didn't had any special moments or interesting plot points to make a 10 anime for me but having an original ending or not the ending was actually interesting and i didn't expected that.
Despite having a lot of BS moments and characters puling hyper unrealistic stuff, which im not a fan of i m going to give 10/10 overall.
Mar 22, 2017 3:06 PM
Mar 2017
Why the fuck does everyone I like have to die!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
Whitefox.....just why?
Mar 27, 2017 11:00 AM
Mar 2017
Hey iam newbee here . I just watch akema ga kill and loved it ( sad at end though)
I just LOVED the romance between tatsumi and esdeath
If u got any anime in which there is romance like between tatsumi and esdeath like evil powerful older female lead falling in love with young male MC ( not like male also falls in love , its kinda one sided) plzz suggest me

Thnx in advance
Mar 27, 2017 11:06 AM
Mar 2017
Hey iam newbee here . I just watched akema ga kill and loved it ( sad at end though)
I just LOVED the romance scenes between tatsumi and esdeath
If u got any anime in which there is romance like between tatsumi and esdeath like evil powerful older female lead falling in love with young male MC ( not like male also falls in love , its kinda one sided) plzz suggest me

Thnx in advance
Apr 18, 2017 12:54 PM
Oct 2008
OnionHead said:
this anime was doing good until like ep 18 or 19 smh

This is where the anime diverges off the manga. Thankfully, I decided to read the manga after the 18th episode as I often google anime/manga difference to see where things end/carry on.

As I got to read on the proper story, I got the way things truly should have ended. Leone was my favourite character and her death was better shown in the manga compared to the anime where it sorta skipped the major reason why she lost the fight but still it was questionable in both (anime/manga) why she never went to get medical help.

Also as I finished the manga before rewatching the rest of of the anime, all I could think was "there is a lot of things that are different in so many ways", I expected more out of Esdeath in the anime last episode as in the manga she was more of a threat.

And even the main character (which i felt was tatsumi) dying, just seemed odd. At that point I was just pretty much "Okay, all these changes isn't for me. This show is meh." (knowing that the anime ended before the manga did)
Apr 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2016
It was a really good show. i think people often hating sad endings and that's why the anime is underrated a little bit. in my opinion the score should be over 8

Makey said:

As I got to read on the proper story, I got the way things truly should have ended. Leone was my favourite character and her death was better shown in the manga compared to the anime where it sorta skipped the major reason why she lost the fight but still it was questionable in both (anime/manga) why she never went to get medical help.

Does Leone really die in manga? she is my favorite character too, and the way Leone died wasn't right. her death didn't make any sense and it was really upsetting. i was hoped that she was alive in manga :((
Apr 22, 2017 11:41 PM
Oct 2008
saeed1m said:
It was a really good show. i think people often hating sad endings and that's why the anime is underrated a little bit. in my opinion the score should be over 8

Does Leone really die in manga? she is my favorite character too, and the way Leone died wasn't right. her death didn't make any sense and it was really upsetting. i was hoped that she was alive in manga :((

I didn't find it to be sad honestly but thats me. Yea, Leone dies in the manga too, I prefer the manga version. It's essentially the same scenario but a few more things happens.

Although as mentioned it still ends up with the question why she doesn't go get medical help. You can just simply pass that off as "I'm tired and it's finally my time, there is no more need for me to be around as all my other friends have passed on and we have accomplished our purpose in the end.". With the extra things that happened in the manga, you can feel a bit more accepting of the outcome compared to the anime which I felt sprung upon me even though I had read the manga, while watching the last episode I was thinking "I'm like 16mins in and there is only like 4 mins left, mmm guess Leone doesn't die." but then the events occurred quite quickly and the show ended.
May 12, 2017 12:25 PM
Feb 2016
I just decided to begin watching this the other day, largely due to the negative remarks that persisted. I finished it today, and while the ending strayed from the manga in saddening variations, this anime, as a whole, was not as horrible as many of you claim. Granted, I too dearly wish they had stayed true to the manga and aloud Tatsumi and Mine live together in the end. I think their death was relatively pointless, at least as a means to critical success. However, I found this anime truly enjoyable. Was it incredibly thought provoking? No. Was there in depth character and interpersonal relationship development? No. Did they sufficiently explain the details of this inclusive concoction of an anime universe? No.

Rather, Akame Ga Kill was an amusing anime that aloud one to enjoy some light comedy and sufficient action. I would equate this to a Marvel movie. I don't go for the superior acting methods and deep plot lines. I go to enjoy it, without high expectations creating some void in satisfaction. I didn't expect too much, and as a result, I received a surprisingly underrated anime experience. These ridiculous anime critics, sitting behind their keyboard, have grown overly self-righteous and critical. I, for one, will commend this anime for what it achieved: a good ride.
May 18, 2017 6:28 PM
May 2017
Meh, it was ok.

My issues with the series:

The whole Esdeath romance thing was kind of dumb imo, Was a bit funny, but I found it mostly stupid. I mean part of what I like about the anime is the realism of characters being in peril and having dreams they never get to see through (in many animes if a character says they want to live for some noble reason, they will), but then you get stuff like this 'romance' reminding u that it is so not realistic lol

I dont mind people dying, infact it was one of the good points of the series that people were actually in some kind of danger (albeit a number of the character could have used more development beforehand their death). But it did feel like they got a bit carried away towards the end.

Tatsumi dying I did find went a bit too far, not really because I that much liked him (he was a bit boring really) but I kind of felt he should live as the legacy of Sayo and the dude (I forget his name), and as I think someone above mentioned, return to his village

I dont know about the manga, but it felt to me like the whole thing was unsure if it wanted to pair FineXTatsumi or AkameXTatsumi (Fine kinda seemed to only kick off later on, and I guess could be argued that it was "canon" due to the events in E23)

Someone said above that Akame and Kurome didnt have a good enough reason to need to fight to the death, I am inclined to agree with that, it was all a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, episode 1-15 I rate highly, was eagerly awaiting the next episode, but I just feel it lost its way after this point.

I would quite like to see this part of the anime remade, but not gonna happen lol

May 19, 2017 12:34 PM
Nov 2015
idiotic anime, it attempts to force characters die and milk the sympathy from audience
Jul 4, 2017 6:31 PM
May 2017
This series was spoiled for me in the beginning. I already knew that basically everyone besides Akame and "some other dude" (as he quoted) were going to die. I also learned that the main antagonist like the protagonist and that Mine was going to end liking him as well and then die right after. I can't blame anyone for spoiling it for me because I never thought I would watch it. Sure, it would have been better or worse if I was able to be surprised about the character's deaths. But me knowing that that Tatsumi was going to die from the beginning made me able to enjoy Episode 24, which many weren't able to.

I really liked the fight between Akame and Esdeath, it was full or witty and strong hits from both sides. We were able to see both of their true power. And one of the sad things was that Tatsumi's village didn't know that he and his friends were dead and were planning to celebrate their return. The anime was worth watching even though I knew what was going to happen before it happened.

I think this was long enough.
Jul 4, 2017 6:33 PM
May 2017
sat2400 said:
idiotic anime, it attempts to force characters die and milk the sympathy from audience

not really true at all
but i have to agree with you on that one.
Jul 4, 2017 6:35 PM
May 2017
OriginalMis said:
Why the fuck does everyone I like have to die!!!!!!

Akame ga Kill off every other character besides Akame.

Jul 7, 2017 1:02 AM

Sep 2010
I feel like there'd be more of an emotional impact if I read the manga so I think I'll do that instead. Anime seemed very meh
Jul 18, 2017 11:21 PM
Jul 2017
The only thing I didn't like was the unrealistic big imperial arms from the Episode before, other than that it was a sad but satisfying ending.
I liked how Akame turned out to be the protagonist.
Jul 30, 2017 9:25 AM
May 2017
omg i'm crying so hard.. i didn't expect the end to carry me away this much :c

Tatsumi i miss u.
Jul 31, 2017 9:41 AM
Feb 2016
They should probably have a wish granting or a time traveling imperial arms in this show to help save all the of other Night Raid members or everyone back to life or stop the revolution before it begins in season 2,hopefully.
Oct 9, 2017 5:28 AM
Oct 2017
السلام عليكم
Oct 23, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
I loved the final fight between Akame and Esdeath but overall the anime was very mediocre from start to finish.

I like that they weren't afraid to kill main characters but most of them didnt touch me at all, Sheele (the first "major" death) barely had any screen time and allthough it was sad for the Night Raid members we barely got to know her and it kind of set the tone of the show.

Funny thing is that Bols and Seryu (and Koro) dying had the most impact one me, despite not even being the "good guys".

To be honest, it just felt like your typical fantasy anime aside from all those major deaths.
That said it's not like it wasn't enjoyable ... because it definitely was :)

7/10
Oct 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2017
AKames was Sooooooo cool when she uses her trump card. And the way she held her sword was amazing.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Oct 28, 2017 3:16 AM
Oct 2017
it's a shame, i really enjoyed the show but that ending was trash
Oct 31, 2017 4:51 AM

Dec 2009
Decent series, good ending. One shouldn't have to read manga to enjoy its anime adaptation. Too many people talking bullshit.
Oct 31, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
The fight between Akame and Esdeath was awesome until the whole Esdeath stopping time and space to kill Akame then... somehow not killing Akame? It felt like a 'you had one job' meme and the 'after-image' was utter bs. Akame should've died in that moment, or some other shit should've happened and resulted in Esdeath's death, not whatever the hell that was. Then again, when you give a character the ability to stop time and space ofc you're going to have to find a bullshit way to kill them off. Anyway, I'm okay with overlooking that since Esdeath wasn't the greatest of characters anyway, and if my boy Lubbock's gonna die, she sure as hell is too since this show is Akame ga Kill all the main characters.

About that whole 'one person dies every episode' it hit home with Mine since she was growing on me, and what the hell was up with Tatsumi dying too? Since I read up on the manga seeing characters die from asspulls in the anime led to a bit of confusion and just a bit of 'why' because they could've just stuck to the manga... and you know, had less unnecessary bloodshed while keeping to the original story. But okay then, guess not.

Akame was the best girl though so glad she made it through the bullshittery death toll that heavily exceeded over 9000. Don't even get me started on Leone's death though. Like the fuck?? You can get your damn arm sewn back on but you're going to bite the dust because of an old fart firing some fucking bullets at you? Tragic writing tbh.

Overall 7/10, might change to a 6/10 just because my salt levels are increasing as I'm mulling over some of it. Still a good anime with nice ass art and cool fight scenes though.
Nov 30, 2017 1:25 AM
Nov 2017
I wish that there would be a season 2 of this akame ga Kill
Dec 13, 2017 3:03 AM

Jun 2017
Two things here... first, Leone's death was RETARDED. That was the most pointless and anti-climactic death in this entire series - right at the end. I think it's even more pointless and unnecessary than Tatsumi's. All the things she survived and fights she was in, and she gets shot by a fatass piece of crap? and DIES??? I'm very irritated right now - hooray.

This anime was pretty good, but killing off basically the entire cast was a bad move, imo - unique? sure, but not satisfying in the least.

Second, that ice bitch should have died in a pool of her own blood. That they gave her a "cool" death when other, better characters didn't, irritates me too. Not ok with this. The fact that wave and Run still view her in a positive light at the end is unfathomably irritating, considering her existence and everything she did was in direct opposition to what they stand for.

I'm going to add another gripe... Akame should have gotten at least a consolation prize after all that. As fun to watch as this was, it's got to be the most unsatisfying anime I've ever seen. I have a problem with almost everything by the end.

contento18 said:
I wish that there would be a season 2 of this akame ga Kill

LOL, yeah... starring Akame, and only Akame. I guess we can count Najenda, until she dies too.
Dec 20, 2017 9:36 PM
Nov 2016
Really enjoyed the anime up until episode 20, then it was ok until the giant robot turned up, which felt like really unoriginal and doesn't belong in the world they created.

Leone's death was bullshit, even without the relic she should have had an easier time killing him off, without getting shot 8 times.

Akame vs Esdeth was good until the unexplained and out of nowhere "after image", really should have ended differently.

Overall though, I rated 8. I was so hooked in the first 2/3 of the anime that it deserves that score. The anime was fun, animation is as good as it gets, and the setup was good.

The ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Dec 21, 2017 6:42 PM

Jun 2017
Just imagine if they had ended it as well as the first 3/4 of the series, I'd probably rate it higher myself. Still... I liked this significantly more this time than the first time I watched it. For whatever reason, I really didn't like this series the first time.

It's good, maybe the ending tainted the rest of it for me, the first time I saw it. I dunno. I'd love to see more of this anime, but it doesn't really appear they left that door open.
Dec 24, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
This anime needs a remake.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jan 4, 2018 3:03 PM
Feb 2017
At first I thought this could be my next favourite anime. Until Bulat dies with fucking poison.. but ok I can live with that. When I heard about the revolutionary army I thought maybe we're gonna see some badass fighters but NO! every single one of them is a farmer with freaking sword. Budo was supposed to be the strongest but gets beaten by fucking Mine. Jfc the amount of bs is unbeleavable. Ice chick was clearly stronger than Akame but oh well lets kill her anyway. HOW LAME!!!
Jan 5, 2018 5:49 AM

Aug 2017
akame x esdeath fight was great

man! even tatsumi died.
i kept on saying 'please don't die,please don't die' for every character for the entire series, but oh well...they killed every last one of them except akame.

esdeath x tatsumi...my ship succeded but they died anyway.

for a moment i thought that leone's fine but that's not how this works right!

i enjoyed it any way!

i've thought of another title for this show....'VALAR MORGHULIS'....lol
Jan 5, 2018 5:52 AM

Aug 2017
Sourire said:
Chelizzle said:
Is there a conclusion to the "plot"?.You know the revolution-this anime was promising to be about.
the "plot" was killing off characters.. thats it.

totally agree with you.

VALAR MORGHULIS
Jan 13, 2018 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
Junchi said:
That doesn't change the fact that she is still a two-legged fanservice-fest "boosted" with a painfully shallow character.
bunny1ov3r said:
Akame = real protagonist. Mein (=fake gf) dying. Esdeath x Tatsumi forever!!

Harsh, but true.

My only gripe with this is that I never understood Tatsumi x Akame, or in fact Akame's role in general. For a 'real protagonist' and title carrier her character was grossly underdevelopped. In fact, in Blood-C: The Last Dark,..

I feel somewhat misled to be made to believe Tatsumi x Akame was the OTP, yet nothing, absolutely nothing was done with it, except that she occassionally uses him as a box of Kleenex. Don't get me wrong, I didn't need a lovey dovey ending, smooching or whatever, but some actual emotional development here would have been nice.

Also, I think Tatsumi dying would have been fitting, had he not survived miraculously after a major shounen asspull mere seconds before, only to throw it all away to counter a miniature colony drop. Saving a handfull of innocents out of thousands is still noble, even for an assassin; saving them at the expense of someone you really care about, who has allready lost everything, and whom you've promised to return to, testifies of a naïve twisted sense of justice, almost as bad as Seryu's. Finally, it was completely unfitting of the series theme of retribution and there being no such thing as righteous assassins as well.

SH4kun said:
IceBurn said:
And how did you come up with this bullshit?

Japanese popularity polls, merchandise and screen time compared to the other females.

I can imagine, she's more or less the only consistent character, aside from 'Pokerface' Najenda. You know, that was odd too, not learning what exactly happened between those two.

TheXskull said:
Overall though, I rated 8. I was so hooked in the first 2/3 of the anime that it deserves that score. The anime was fun, animation is as good as it gets, and the setup was good.

The ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

This sums it up quite nicely. So, seconded: 8/10
LaionidasJan 13, 2018 1:41 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 27, 2018 1:14 PM
Apr 2017
there will be a season 2 of akame ga kill?
Feb 23, 2018 6:58 PM
Mar 2017
What's going on in the last episode at the end, when they show last time full night raid squad, who is these guy in incrusio at right side of the screen??? Any ideas?
Mar 13, 2018 10:01 AM
Mar 2018
Leone was my favourite character, and she didn't have to die I was hoping she would just stay alive like Akame. Also I didn't want Shell to die, I would have rather that Mine died, but she died eventually any way.I really liked Akame ga kill and I wish there could have been a second season, but there could'nt have been because everyone died.Oh yes! there is Akame ga kill zero.
Pages (28) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.