Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2017 7:26 PM

Nov 2015
I'm not talking about shows you watched as a kid, like Pokemon, Dragonball, or YuGiOh. I'm talking about shows that actually have the genre of Kids - https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/15/Kids - and are rated G-PG and are actually meant for children.

Aside from Pokemon (which is a huge franchise that is still airing), are there any shows you are currently watching or have watched before that are meant for children? or have you ever added any shows to your completed that you remembered watching as a kid? for me it was DICE, cause I remembered having seen that a few years before I had actually watched my first anime
ISOQuorraDec 20, 2017 12:27 PM
Dec 19, 2017 7:35 PM

Jun 2017
I haven't yet but I hear Pingu is the savior of anime...
I'm a shitposter for fun
Dec 19, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2015
Either there isn't a lot of anime on MAL that are tagged as "Kids", or I'm just missing out on a lot of them. Aside from Pokemon, the only anime on my list that is tagged as "Kids" is Brave Story. And if something like that is tagged as "Kids", then there's a lot of anime on MAL that can potentially contain the "Kids" tag.

I've also seen some Doraemon and Anpanman back in the day, but that was all in Japanese...
Dec 19, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
Boku no Pico is the only right answer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 19, 2017 9:06 PM

Feb 2015

B O K U
N O
P I C O

Yes I know I should die in a dark abyss of darkness surrounded by rattlesnakes... But I just gotta meme...
Dec 19, 2017 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
Yume-iro Pâtissière
Bananya
Brave Story
Paulette no Isu
Tabisuru Nuigurumi: Traveling Daru

Dec 19, 2017 9:17 PM

Feb 2016
I keep watching 'kids' shows ever since - because there are really great ones among the 'kids' or 'all ages' tags.
Precure - Aikatsu - Furusato Meguri - to name a few current ones.
Dec 19, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2017
PINGU IN THE CITY
The one and only correct answer.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 19, 2017 9:21 PM

Apr 2013
cure_potato said:
I keep watching 'kids' shows ever since - because there are really great ones among the 'kids' or 'all ages' tags.
Precure - Aikatsu - Furusato Meguri - to name a few current ones.

Agreed, however the only kids Anime I actually watched was Aikatsu! and Precure (Aikatsu! ending up as my fave anime lol) Pokemon can count but I haven't been keeping up with it >_>

Guess you could say I'm watching a kids anime rn since I am keeping track with Aikatsu Stars! and Kira Kira Precure A La Mode (I still can't forget how great of a series Go! Princess Precure was tbh.)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Dec 19, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2016
velvetPhos said:
Kemono no Souja Erin is aimed for kids.
But, the content of anime is very deep, though.
I think the reason that only first two books are adopted is that last two books are too dark for kids.

Wait, I'm planning to watch it because it's from the same anime studio and the same author of Seirei no Moribito. My question is, does it stick with the original content or not, also does it have a decent ending or do I have to read the novel like Spice and Wolf or any similar adapted light novel anime.
Dec 19, 2017 9:27 PM

Oct 2015
I mean, you can easily filter that...

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Dec 19, 2017 9:58 PM

Mar 2016
velvetPhos said:

I’ve never read original novel, so I don’t know.
I read abridged version, though.
It seems to follow original content, but I’m not 100% confident about this.
For ending, I think they wrapped it up pretty well.
I didn’t think that anime is only half of novel until other people told me about it, so I guess the ending was pretty natural.
I didn’t feel incompleteness from ending.

Thanks for your output.
I'm so glad that it was Production I.G. who made the anime, I thought they messed up this time, my ideal studio truly lives up with its decent reputation.

For the OP's question
Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) is a good kids anime.
youseikiDec 19, 2017 10:13 PM
Dec 19, 2017 10:57 PM

Jun 2017
Wow no one answered Digimon​ I don't know how many episodes I watched but watched some episodes when I was kid also watched Captain Tsubasa 2-3 times and the first time it was when I was 8
Dec 19, 2017 10:59 PM

Jul 2017
Swiss Family Robinson and Grimm's Masterpiece Theatre are good kid's show

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 19, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2012
pgmhecateii said:
That's basically everything in her list.

Just so you know, I tried to hunt down everything rated G and PG children, so a lot of things are on there (I found all these for this user).

One that isn't on there is Asagiri no Miko. There's also stuff like Heroman and other shounen stuff, but I can't remember any.

I hate children's stuff, so I probably wouldn't watch any of this, but hope it helps.
Wow, what a list... ecchi lives matter too, hope she understands this someday
Dec 19, 2017 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
Doraemon
Digimon
Pokemon
Retsu and Go
Chibi Maruko Chan
Ninja Hatori
Dec 19, 2017 11:17 PM

Sep 2015
Currently watching the Precure -franchise. Some of it's movies have the kids tags but overall the episodes feel like they were made for mostly children.
Though then again.. there's also a huge fanbase of men for this show. I mean, have you seen the amount of doujins this franchise has?
Dec 20, 2017 12:04 AM

May 2009
I've watched Element Hunters and some Pretty Cure stuff and I plan on watching Heartcatch Pretty Cure and Gyrozetter.

Tarotist said:
Either there isn't a lot of anime on MAL that are tagged as "Kids", or I'm just missing out on a lot of them. Aside from Pokemon, the only anime on my list that is tagged as "Kids" is Brave Story. And if something like that is tagged as "Kids", then there's a lot of anime on MAL that can potentially contain the "Kids" tag.

I've also seen some Doraemon and Anpanman back in the day, but that was all in Japanese...
Kids' shows tend to get very little coverage in terms of fandom attention.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 20, 2017 12:16 AM

Apr 2012
I don't always know what ages things are aimed at, but I know Sailor Moon, CCS and Erin were kids shows. I'm guessing Nadia was too.
Dec 20, 2017 12:20 AM

Oct 2014
Yugioh, Pokemon, digimon, monster rancher, beyblade, Brave Story, etc. Damn there's so many tho
Dec 20, 2017 12:27 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Bakugan, sonic x, shaman king, and ronja are also a few others.
Dec 20, 2017 1:06 AM

Feb 2011
Seen fully:
Digimon, Medarot, Beyblade, Alps no Shoujo Heidi, Mahoujin Guruguru

Seen partly:
Ojamajo Doremi, Ginga Tetsudou 999, Pollon, Maya the bee, Cardcaptor Sakura

Rated as G, but not really so much only for kids:
Dennou Coil

These are the ones I had on my list, and which I managed to remember so far, I may have some more missing(and aside the obvious popular ones mentioned in the OP). Aside Dennou Coil, all the others were from when I was a kid, I haven't picked up shows aimed at kids lately. Ghibli Movies aside.

edit. Others which came to mind: Hamtaro, Captain Tsubasa
(PG13->>) Monster Rancher, Mirai Shounen Conan, then the obvious famous ones: shaman king, inuyasha, dragonball before Z, but once you get past PG into PG13 the list becomes too long, and fewer of those are arguably "for little kids" and more for pre-teens.
Also I can't believe I forgot about Teekyuu, I watched too little of it maybe.
ZeandoDec 20, 2017 1:42 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 20, 2017 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Watched some of Doraemon & other stuff but didn't add them to the list because I don't even remember I stopped at which episode.
Dec 20, 2017 3:15 AM

Jun 2016
Try world masterpiece theatre series.
Dec 20, 2017 3:25 AM
Dec 20, 2017 3:38 AM

Jun 2014
I am very high on kids anime.

Watching PriPara, Pokemon, Precure, Aikatsu, Cocotama, and many more!
Dec 20, 2017 3:54 AM

Apr 2017
Jewelpet twinkle is probably my favourite kids show so I definitely recommend it to you.

Shugo chara is a great show too.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 20, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2015
Deltora Quest is actually a pretty solid fantasy anime. It was one of the first anime I really got into when I was learning what anime was. It has an interesting/unique source material for an anime as well: a series of Australian children's books.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 2016
My watching list :

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2942/Sketchbook__Full_Colors

Oh it rated as G in this site

Dec 20, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2015
Dr.SLUMP? Oh, wait no, this couldn't fit into american limitations of age for kids... Dragon Ball? Again, zut. I could go on for a long time like that. Even some Precure series would'nt be able to fit and would have to undergo changes for the oversanitized american asosciation minds.

ISOQuorra said:
I'm not talking about shows you watched as a kid, like Pokemon, Dragonball, or YuGiOh. I'm talking about shows that actually have the genre of Kids and are rated G-PG and are actually meant for children.

But... Dragon Ball and Yugi-oh are meant for children, even younger ones than their manga. It's just the american way of thinking that penetrated your mind.

youseiki said:

Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) is a good kids anime.

Isn't this new version thought for nostalgic adults (or at least older people)? This is airing at nights, is adapting a far away manga and is toying exclusively around things those older people would understand.
(unlike the first anime series who were clearly aimed at children of their time)
Dec 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Apr 2014
ye i finished like 3 days ago pripri chi-chan. i've also added to my list animeys that i used to watch on tv when i was a child, like dash kappei, cyborg kuro chan, heidi and others. i did rewatch most of them in the right order tho
Dec 20, 2017 5:47 AM
Aug 2016
Aside from Pokemon? Well, then no, I haven't.
Dec 20, 2017 6:58 AM

Sep 2017
There's a whole kid anime shows out there like My Neighbor Totoro.
Dec 20, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
"have you ever added any shows to your completed that you remembered watching as a kid?"

No, I remember watching a lot of anime when I was a kid but my understanding at the time was pretty limited and I often skipped some episodes so no.

Some anime from my childhood that I think is meant for kids:
- Crayon Shinchan
- Doraemon
- Tokyo Mew Mew
- Dr. Slump
- Dr. Rin
- Let's and Go
I'm sure there's more but this is the only one that come to mind atm
Dec 20, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
I've seen 66 anime that have the kids tag. My favourite would be Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki. Aikatsu is made for children and I think it's an amazing anime, but it doesn't have the tag on MAL.

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

55 by Rinenka »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

14 by Rinenka »»
15 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 51 minutes ago

9 by Kenzolo-folk »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

21 by Rinenka »»
20 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

56 by Ionliosite2 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.