Forum Settings
Forums

Cast for 'Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou' Movie Announced

New
Dec 13, 2017 5:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of Mari Okada's Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou (Let's Decorate the Promised Flowers in the Farewell Morning) anime film has announced cast members, along with a new trailer and key visual (pictured). The film is scheduled to open in Japanese theaters on February 24, 2018.

Cast
Maquia: Manaka Iwami (Gamers!)
Erial: Miyu Irino (Osomatsu-san 2nd Season)
Leilia: Ai Kayano (Amanchu)
Krim: Yuki Kaji (ClassicaLoid 2nd Season)
Lashine: Miyuki Sawashiro (Zetsuen no Tempest)
Lang: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
Mido: Rina Satou (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Dita: Yoko Hikasa (Demi-chan wa Kataritai)
Medmel: Misaki Kuno (3-gatsu no Lion)
Izol: Tomokazu Sugita (Hachimitsu to Clover)
Baro: Hiroaki Hirata (Black Lagoon)

Theme Song: "Viator" by rionos

Trailer

Source: Eiga Natalie
tsubasaloverDec 13, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 13, 2017 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
Damn, that voice casting!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 13, 2017 5:48 PM

Nov 2007
Miyu-Miyu and KajiKaji together again! (dance)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
/me sees the PV.
/me heads out for the nearest convenient store.
/me advises others to buy a few tissue boxes and be prepared.
Coronavirus.
Dec 13, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
This movie is going to be crazily spectacular.
Dec 13, 2017 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Cast looks good, PV looks pretty, plot/premise still seems iffy though...
Dec 13, 2017 8:37 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Everything looks like the making of a good movie. Hopefully it follows through with all the emotion the trailer has to offer.
Dec 13, 2017 8:48 PM
Jan 2016
That PV looks very interesting. I especially like the setting.
Dec 13, 2017 8:53 PM

Feb 2016
OH. I almost forgot about this one. Saw a PV at the Comike and forgot its title. Really looking forward to this one.
Dec 13, 2017 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
Looks fantastic. The background art alone is going to make this movie a must watch. I can see the Mari Okada comments incoming though. Either way looking forward to this movie a ton.
Dec 13, 2017 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
At first I was like "oh... this looks interesting" then I saw Mari Okada and was like "oh... how will she hurt my feelings this time?"

But this looks really good and I can't wait to watch it... 6 months after its release from the theaters in Japan lol.

Dec 13, 2017 10:27 PM

Jan 2015
Please don't be mediocre
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 13, 2017 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
Dem, that voice casting.
Dec 13, 2017 11:55 PM

Mar 2016
*looks on the VA because of the high praises by the people in the comments...
Manaka Iwami - 19 years old pro VA
WTF am I doing with my Life.
Dec 14, 2017 12:25 AM

Apr 2013
Calling it now.
One of the protagonists is going to die halfway through the movie, either due to some disease or due to the war/battles that are currently going on in that world, as far as we can tell from the PV.
Dec 14, 2017 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
>Mari Okada
Triggered
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 14, 2017 1:38 AM

Sep 2014
This one will make us suffer, but looks so beautiful, damn.
Dec 14, 2017 1:56 AM

Oct 2012
Hype for new Okada Mari's new work!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Dec 14, 2017 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
As expected from P.A. Works, they are very good doing original anime!
The visuals, music/ost, and voice acting is very good!
I wish I could watch this next year!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 14, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2014
With Mari Okada being involved, this movie will surely be full of those 'feels' moments that I really liked from AnoHana and some of the other shows that she was involved with.

Still, the VA's sounded promising in the PV, as does the gorgeous visuals from P.A. Works. I'm hoping that this movie does well, maybe enough for it to be shown here in the U.K maybe? =3
Dec 14, 2017 4:58 AM

May 2015
I shouldn't have watched that trailer, because now I'm incredibly hyped and can't contain the excitement.... I know this one will kill me.

I hope P.A. Works can deliver what's shown in the trailer. It's insanely gorgeous already, the music is great, and look at that A-list of staff and cast. I hope Mari Okada's directorial debut to be a massive and positive one!

Dec 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
Mari Okada needs to take a vacation….far far away from anime.
Dec 14, 2017 3:53 PM
May 2016
I hope that this film is able to make me cry.
Dec 14, 2017 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
The visuals Look fantastic honestly.

Also I'm still interested how Okada will handle this as the one being the main director still. Im so hyped and so intrigued on how it'll be done xD
Dec 15, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2016
VyseLegendaire said:
Mari Okada needs to take a vacation….far far away from anime.

kiznaiver, gosick and kokoro ga are enough to make u shut up
Dec 16, 2017 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
R2 said:
One of the protagonists is going to die halfway through the movie, either due to some disease or due to the war/battles that are currently going on in that world, as far as we can tell from the PV.

Halfway or not, that's something we would probably expect from stories that deal with mortals and immortals and a time period ravaged by war.

Maquia (assuming that's how her name is romanized) is a teenage girl by appearance who has already lived hundreds of years. Well she is not exactly an immortal but she is from a race that lives much, much longer than average human beings as they stop growing older after a certain age. Maquia's race is pulled into a war because of human greed for the longevity of her race which remained secluded from the rest of the world from ancient times. She makes an escape from the human who were after her race and encounters a newborn human baby (Erial, again assuming that's how the name is romanized) deep in the forest. She barely changes or perhaps doesn't even change at all with the passage of time as Erial grows up and becomes an adult. She was once advised that she will truly become lonely if she were ever to fall in love with someone. We can assume the rest and help ourselves by being prepared with some tissue boxes, just in case. I know I will need them.

einonymous said:

What's so iffy about the plot? Romance between two different races? If you mean the synopsis written on the MAL Anime page which reads:

"A story of encounters and partings interwoven between people; this is a human drama with feelings that touch one's heart gradually, which everyone has experienced at least once.

(Source: MAL News)
"

then I can understand because it was probably written by someone who thought up writing whatever that came first thing in their head without any clue about the actual content. Not trying to be mean or anything, it's not uncommon in MAL. Perhaps it was written when there wasn't much information available but I still find it amazingly vague as it doesn't say anything about the story itself.
Coronavirus.
Dec 16, 2017 9:51 PM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:
einonymous said:

What's so iffy about the plot? Romance between two different races? If you mean the synopsis written on the MAL Anime page which reads:

"A story of encounters and partings interwoven between people; this is a human drama with feelings that touch one's heart gradually, which everyone has experienced at least once.

(Source: MAL News)
"

then I can understand because it was probably written by someone who thought up writing whatever that came first thing in their head without any clue about the actual content. Not trying to be mean or anything, it's not uncommon in MAL. Perhaps it was written when there wasn't much information available but I still find it amazingly vague as it doesn't say anything about the story itself.

I didn't even know they were two different races, I was just referring to the current MAL synopsis. I know it's vague (and that vague summaries happen often on MAL), that's why I said it still seems iffy. Just based on what I know at the moment, the PV and the synopsis, it seems generic and if heartwarming, a little forced. But I'm looking for improvement as more info comes to my knowledge.
einonymousDec 16, 2017 9:56 PM
Dec 17, 2017 7:34 AM
Sep 2017
The sisters of Kawamoto are back (Kayanon and Misaki Kuno), but minus Hanakana (so, sad. But, Sugita will join them, too)

And, this is reunion for Mari Okada, Miyu Irino and Kayanon after they ever worked together in Anohana, so let's see if they can bring anohana's atmosfer in this anime.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
7 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.