Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Steins;Gate 0' Announces Main Staff and Cast Members

New
Dec 14, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for Steins;Gate 0 has revealed a preview and announced main staff and cast members. The director and character designer will be changed from the original series, and Maho Hiyajou (CV: Sayuri Yahagi) will join the cast. Animated by White Fox, the anime is slated for Spring 2018.

Staff
Director: Kenichi Kawamura (Qualidea Code)
Character Design: Tomoshige Inayoshi (Mahoujin Guruguru (2017) key animation)

PV 1

Anime Official site: http://steinsgate.tv/index.html

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 8:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 14, 2017 6:15 AM

Nov 2007
It's been forever since we got another news of S;G 0. Cannot contain my excitement!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 14, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
It's finally happening! The long awaited mid-sequel of Steins;Gate. I assumed you guys know to watch episode 23 beta before watching this one, because you guys would get lost with this adaptation.

The animation looked much more modern than the previous adaptation, which is something to be more excited for! But why the change in director though? The original series' directors did a great job with the movie and series. And considering that the original one had 2 directors and S;G 0 having 1 director, does that mean we'll have 12 episodes? I hope that wouldn't be the case.

Dec 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
Wow,I can't believe Steins;gate 0 will come out in spring 2018! yessssssss!!!
Forum set made by Sereshay

Dec 14, 2017 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
Kenichi Kawamura (Qualidea Code)

PLS NOOO WHY ARE YOU DOING IT TO ME

you already late for at least 2 years why can't you chose a better Director to do it ,this won't be the same without takuya satou, hiroshi hamasaki

i'm sad but i hope it turn out well anyway

not that i can't get even more disappoint after the chaos;child adaptation
removed-userDec 14, 2017 6:26 AM
Dec 14, 2017 6:24 AM

Jan 2015
Damn it, the change of director will lose the gloomy atmosphere that the series had.
barthosDec 14, 2017 6:29 AM
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 14, 2017 6:27 AM

May 2015
So the director had only worked on Qualidea Code and Super Sonico as a director.... fuck. Why White Fox, why?! Don't tell me you guys want to make a break out of a director that has been doing a "meh" job.

What happened to Hamasaki and Satou, the Steins;Gate directors? Their jobs were definitely more consistent than the new guy.
Dec 14, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2014
love Stein;Gate

but can't expect too much for this adaptation

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Dec 14, 2017 6:30 AM
Jul 2016
Spring 2018 has just become really exciting!

Well, that's a very good excuse to finally start playing the VNs, they've been in my pc for far too long without me actually starting them...
Dec 14, 2017 6:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Tbh, there was a noticeable change in art style and atmosphere in the Steins;Gate 0 VN in comparison to the original. The anime PV seems like they've changed the style to match the VN's style, which is fine. The director choice is worrisome, but as long as they have a great source material and a good episode count to work with, I find it hard to see that they'll completely mess this up. I'm interested in seeing how they'll adapt the VN though, since it's not as linear as the original.
Dec 14, 2017 6:36 AM
Dec 2013
2 White Fox anime airing in Spring 2018 (the other being Arifureta)? Interesting.

Also, Steins;Gate 0 and the Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu remake airing in the same season? Cool.
wildhoodDec 14, 2017 6:42 AM
Dec 14, 2017 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
I'm going to miss the original director. That anime had a style that I'm going to miss. Their most recent work (Qualidea Code) was definitely not impressive in my book.

Great to hear more about this though. Spring 2018 is going to be epic. EL PSY CONGROO

Dec 14, 2017 6:45 AM
Feb 2016
"the anime is slated for Spring 2018"
now, i can sleep without any worries :)
Dec 14, 2017 6:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That director choice is a pretty big fuck you.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 14, 2017 7:00 AM
Jan 2014
lol Stines gate sux it's boring anime where nothing happens. you should watch good shows liek boku my hero avcademia and naruto.
Dec 14, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
I have faith in the new director.
Dec 14, 2017 7:03 AM
Dec 2015
DarkingDawning said:

What happened to Hamasaki and Satou, the Steins;Gate directors? Their jobs were definitely more consistent than the new guy.

Takuya Satou was busy with another Time Traveling Anime "Project D", that anime also come out in 2018.

Anyway, I'm pretty hype about this.
Finally BEST GRIL MAHO is here!!!
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 14, 2017 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, oh boy. April can't come soon enough.
Dec 14, 2017 7:08 AM

Feb 2016
OH MAH GAWD ITS AN ANIMATED LEGAL LOLI
Dec 14, 2017 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
MY GOD, ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!
Dec 14, 2017 7:23 AM
Nov 2016
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING
Dec 14, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
Why am I not hype? I guess when actually starts air that will happen.
Dec 14, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2015
holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck holyfuck holy fuck

holy fucking shit oh my god
Dec 14, 2017 7:30 AM
Nov 2016
Idk why the director for Super Sonico is here, but we can only hope they handle the series decently. A lot of people including myself are REALLY hyped for this series.
DarkingDawning said:
So the director had only worked on Qualidea Code and Super Sonico as a director.... fuck. Why White Fox, why?! Don't tell me you guys want to make a break out of a director that has been doing a "meh" job.

Dec 14, 2017 7:34 AM
Nov 2016
DarklordVor said:
It's finally happening! The long awaited mid-sequel of Steins;Gate. I assumed you guys know to watch episode 23 beta before watching this one, because you guys would get lost with this adaptation.

The animation looked much more modern than the previous adaptation, which is something to be more excited for! But why the change in director though? The original series' directors did a great job with the movie and series. And considering that the original one had 2 directors and S;G 0 having 1 director, does that mean we'll have 12 episodes? I hope that wouldn't be the case.
If it's 12 episodes, then we're screwed unless it's 2 course.
Dec 14, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2014
Finally we know when this is coming out and I can't wait for this. The director change has me concerned, hopefully he doesn't fuck this up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
Welp, there goes all the hype. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this season/sequel as much without Hiroshi Hamasaki's direction.
Dec 14, 2017 7:56 AM

Jun 2017
Tuturu~~~Hypo...U sweet Son of a bitch.....
Dec 14, 2017 8:09 AM
Dec 2017
I always try to get not hyped for any upcoming anime, but it's impossible when we speak of Steins;Gate 0. I'm really unsure of the "sequel" because of the new director. All we can do now is hope the best. And if worst happens, then there's the possibility to read the VN.
Dec 14, 2017 8:35 AM

Aug 2016
I feel excited but not as much as I would have if they didn't switch directors.
Dec 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2015
Didnt even take 10 years for this to arrive, nice!
Dec 14, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2015
DarkingDawning said:

The first step to knowing why something is happening is to ask "why" towards the people actually making this decision. Obviously someone within the production committee ( most likely the producer/s ) has some ties to Kawamura which made him get the role. Besides, especially if he's new in the director seat giving new blood a chance is what one should do and not write him off on positions that were plagued by problems outside of his reach.

Both are busy of course, they can't keep sitting around waiting for an offer, they as majority of people in this industry are constantly in the run, tackling project after project.
Dec 14, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Well it's about damn time. That's all I could say without saying something stupid.

Dec 14, 2017 9:57 AM
Dec 2016
Has it been officially confirmed for the Spring?
Dec 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
DatRandomDude said:
This. The adaptation would be hard to do properly as it is, but this is pretty much saying "you can't possibly fuck it up harder, so do your worst". Next they'll tell us it's only 13 episodes.

Dec 14, 2017 10:00 AM

Mar 2016
yeeepeee Steins; Gate hype
Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM

Feb 2016
TJHooker said:
Has it been officially confirmed for the Spring?

Coming in April, yeah ;)

Syrup- said:
DatRandomDude said:
This. The adaptation would be hard to do properly as it is, but this is pretty much saying "you can't possibly fuck it up harder, so do your worst". Next they'll tell us it's only 13 episodes.

No way White Fox will ruin their most successful and hyped series like that. 24 episodes at least.
Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
Aquamirror said:
Syrup- said:

No way White Fox will ruin their most successful and hyped series like that. 24 episodes at least.
You have way too much faith in Sci;Adv adaptations.
Dec 14, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
Aquamirror said:

The other SciAdv adaptations weren't made by White Fox though. The original S;G anime was great.
Dec 14, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
Aquamirror said:
Syrup- said:

The other SciAdv adaptations weren't made by White Fox though. The original S;G anime was great.

White Fox also pumped out "great" adaptations such as Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen. The staff behind the original adaptation are working on other projects. This is quite literally their B Team.
Dec 14, 2017 10:14 AM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
Aquamirror said:

White Fox also pumped out "great" adaptations such as Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen. The staff behind the original adaptation are working on other projects. This is quite literally their B Team.

They have worked on S;G 0 since long time ago. The slightly different staff isn't enough to make me doubt them, there's even a big chance it could be better than the VN if they really manage to do what they claimed by unifying the routes, and cutting some unnecessary parts while filling the missing information from the drama CD.
Dec 14, 2017 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
Aquamirror said:
They have worked on S;G 0 since long time ago. The slightly different staff isn't enough to make me doubt them, there's even a big chance it could be better than the VN if they really manage to do what they claimed by unifying the routes, and cutting some unnecessary parts while filling the missing information from the drama CD.

I don't really think this conversation is productive. It seems you think there's no way they could possibly mess up the adaptation despite working on it since 2015. I've read the VN, and that lowered my faith in the chances of it being adapted perfectly. You have, in essence, two parallel routes that need to be adapted for the ending to work. That's already hard enough. Look at Rewrite-- the same thing will happen to this, but the trainwreck will be more beautiful.

I'd like to know what evidence you have to support this "big chance it could be better than the VN". How often does White Fox do interpretations their own adaptations, like Kyoani does? Next to never, and the director has not been shown to experiment. What we'll get will be by the books, an honest to goodness trainwreck.

edit: I also want to point out how difficult it is to actually mess up Steins;gate's original anime adaptation: The structure of the VN isn't very complex, it's essentially one long route with off-ramps to different endings depending on how many triggers you activated while text messaging Kurisu. That's literally impossible to mess up in an anime adaptation. Anyone who believes adapting Steins;Gate was a feat of skill is too ignorant to be arguing about this.
Syrup-Dec 14, 2017 10:30 AM
Dec 14, 2017 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
Un.fucking.believable. Spring 2018?!?! Holy shit that's so soon omg!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
Aquamirror said:

I don't really think this conversation is productive. It seems you think there's no way they could possibly mess up the adaptation despite working on it since 2015. I've read the VN, and that lowered my faith in the chances of it being adapted perfectly. You have, in essence, two parallel routes that need to be adapted for the ending to work. That's already hard enough. Look at Rewrite-- the same thing will happen to this, but the trainwreck will be more beautiful.

I'd like to know what evidence you have to support this "big chance it could be better than the VN". How often does White Fox do interpretations their own adaptations, like Kyoani does? Next to never, and the director has not been shown to experiment. What we'll get will be by the books, an honest to goodness trainwreck.

edit: I also want to point out how difficult it is to actually mess up Steins;gate's original anime adaptation: The structure of the VN isn't very complex, it's essentially one long route with off-ramps to different endings depending on how many triggers you activated while text messaging Kurisu. That's literally impossible to mess up in an anime adaptation. Anyone who believes adapting Steins;Gate was a feat of skill is too ignorant to be arguing about this.

haters gonna hate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They aren't 2 parallel routes, one comes directly from the other.. The important information from the "side" routes isn't hard to be combined with the main ones.
AquamirrorDec 14, 2017 10:35 AM
Dec 14, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Woah, this is coming sooner than expected,super hyped now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
Aquamirror said:
They aren't 2 parallel routes, one comes directly from the other.. The important information from the "side" routes isn't hard to be combined with the main ones.

They are very much parallel from each other. It's impossible to complete Steins;Gate 0 without starting again from the beginning or starting from a very specific chapter break-point. Doing the most efficient possible route would ignore all the endings, which in the Steins;Gate adaptation didn't hurt the understanding of the true end, but in this VN the endings all have important information locked behind them.

But hey you can just label me as a "hater" of the franchise despite being a bigger fan than anyone else in this thread. That's cool. I don't need your approval.
Syrup-Dec 14, 2017 10:48 AM
Dec 14, 2017 10:42 AM
Jun 2017
Awesome!! I've really been looking forward to more Steins Gate! One of the best Anime that I have watched in my opinion
Dec 14, 2017 10:50 AM

Jun 2017
and is this a sequel of the original S;G or an alternate world?

Dec 14, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
Syrup- said:
Aquamirror said:

They are very much parallel from each other. It's impossible to complete Steins;Gate 0 without starting from the beginning or starting from a very specific chapter break-point.

But hey you can just label me as a "hater" of the franchise despite being a bigger fan than anyone else in this thread. That's cool. I don't need your approval.

Nah-hah. You misunderstand gameplay decision with plot flow, you know very well how true end is unlocked. The plot is simply branch 1 to branch 2, true end. Other endings generally focus on different points of view, and the important info in them is scattered all around and you can't fully understand X if you haven't seen Y from other ending, but they can easily explain both without disrupting the story.. I know they matter and there's important piece to take from all of them, but it's not that bad if they do it right.
I can have all the hope I want just like you have none of it, neither of us can prove anything before seeing the real deal.

Jare4lopez said:
and is this a sequel of the original S;G or an alternate world?

It is a midquel about the "original" Okabe coming up with the plan to save Kurisu, the one who sends the message from the future you see in episode 23 that makes the happy ending possible. There's an alternative episode 23 beta that is a setup for the beginning of S;G 0, watch it if you haven't.
AquamirrorDec 14, 2017 11:01 AM
Dec 14, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
He only worked as a director for two anime and the score didn't reach 8 or even 7 or wasn't made that popular.. well this is huge concern. This very much reminds me of the same situation of OPM season 2 incoming.
removed-userDec 14, 2017 11:22 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
49 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.