Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2017 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think their opinions are shit, I just don't care about them.

Definitely do keep their fans away from me and delete this thread, though. Nobody wants that shit.
Dec 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:
S-quare22 said:
most anime youtubers tend to talk about waifus, sexual stuffs and all that bullshit

It's called Anime and you're part of that fandom too.

Gigguk doesn't do that. He rarely talk about it or mention it in his videos.
A lot of youtubers do that too.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 10, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2011
I dislike most of them. I talk about the episode reviewers hyping nearly everything known to be from Japan, because creating hypetardness generates hypertard ad revenue. In consequence, instead of giving a honest opinion that could go against the flow, they stay as positive as the Care Bears.

If your analysis stays consistently surface level through the use of interchangeable wording or if you aren't willing to take an unpopular stance reflecting your sensitivity, I won't stick around for your "reviews". Plain simple, I have no time to waste with the unctuous kowtowing to their userbase.
Dec 10, 2017 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
I just want Demo to come back and save anime and YouTube.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 10, 2017 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
they're surely pretty trite and have bad opinions
Dec 10, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Only Melon pan worth watching for the funny weeb memes. Other channels are utter trash, especially those pseudo-intellectual ones.
Dec 10, 2017 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
You said:
Only Melon pan worth watching for the funny weeb memes. Other channels are utter trash, especially those pseudo-intellectual ones.

Any examples of such youtubers in your opinion?
Dec 10, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
Most tend to lack substance tbh (The Anime Man, Misty Chronexia etc. Don't get me wrong, they seem like nice enough guys but they never have anything interesting to say) though there are a number of great ones. My favourites would have to be Super Eyepatch Wolf and GoatJesus, the latter of whom has started uploading again for the first time in a while.
Take care of yourself

Dec 10, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
SuperRed said:
You said:

Trashy ones?
RCAnime
TAS (good god he's been banned)
Mother's Basement
GlassReflection
etc etc
Dec 10, 2017 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
What happened to misty chronexia's audience?His videos have fewer views today.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Dec 10, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
You said:
SuperRed said:

Trashy ones?
RCAnime
Mother's Basement
GlassReflection
etc etc

Why you dislike RCAnime?

I agree with TAS and MB.

GR is ok. he doesn't try too hard imo.
Dec 10, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2015
SuperRed said:
You said:
Trashy ones?
RCAnime
Mother's Basement
GlassReflection
etc etc

Why you dislike RCAnime?

I agree with TAS and MB.

GR is ok. he doesn't try too hard imo.
because he isn't elaborate enough for me? Well perhaps that's just me maybe?
Dec 10, 2017 9:00 AM
Aug 2017
Lost Pause is super cringy and funny at the same time , i like him .
The Anime Man has great informative content .
Misty Chronexia makes the best tops on youtube and i love his Guess the Anime videos .
Digibro is a wannabe elitist and insensitive to people's opinions . I think his channel is trash .
That's all :)
Dec 10, 2017 10:01 AM
Aug 2013
i watch a few random anime related videos from time to time but dont follow any specific youtubers, its just stuff that shows on my feed. sometimes they're interesting, but overall im indifferent to what they do.
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
Dec 10, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Only anime content I wanna see in my youtube is Chargeman Ken MADs.
Dec 10, 2017 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Tis is the reason why I fucking despise that user who starts the first YT Anime thread on AD and everyone will follow the pattern!

Anyway, I don't hate or like those bitches because I don't really go too much on the dark side of YT.
Dec 10, 2017 10:20 AM

Oct 2016
They're so cringy that I literally have to quit watching just after the intro
Dec 10, 2017 12:22 PM
Aug 2016
There are some boring ones, there some entertaining ones, but holy damn, I do dislike a HUGE chunk of anime reviewers.
Dec 10, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2009
Too nerdy for my taste. Would care about Gigguk more if he continued to work on his Evangelion parody.

Dec 10, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
I like the ones I keep up with such as Digibro, Mother's Basement, Gigguk, TheAnimeMan, Glass Reflection, Under The Scope, BennetTheSage, and SuperEyepatchWolf.

Some are just there and there are some trash ones I wouldn't think twice about forgetting.

I'm not entirely sure if MyJapaneseAnimes and EndlessJess count. I know Mumkey doesn't. Abridgers don't really count either.
Dec 10, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Their opinions are shit. As are their fans. Keep them off this site and even delete this thread. (your vote)
Dec 10, 2017 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
You said:
Only Melon pan worth watching for the funny weeb memes.

You said:
funny weeb memes.

You said:
weeb memes.

I think i'm growing cancer while reading your comment over and over.

I reported your comment for my own safety.

Dec 10, 2017 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
I like the ones I keep up with such as Digibro, Mother's Basement, Gigguk, TheAnimeMan, Glass Reflection, Under The Scope, BennetTheSage, and SuperEyepatchWolf.

Some are just there and there are some trash ones I wouldn't think twice about forgetting.

I'm not entirely sure if MyJapaneseAnimes and EndlessJess count. I know Mumkey doesn't. Abridgers don't really count either.

What about the godly Jumpkey Mones?
Dec 10, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2016
SuperRed said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

What about the godly Jumpkey Mones?
He'll break my bones if I count him...
Dec 10, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
I really do not like anime youtubers and the people that watch them. I don't really care about their opinions and find it idiotic that some people form all of their opinions based on what someone on youtube has said.
:)
Dec 10, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2017
i like gigguk and clydetheweeaboo. other than that i don't like them.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 10, 2017 1:02 PM
Oct 2017
I'm fine with how they are. Actually I just watch their videos for fun. Sometimes I agree with their opinion sometimes I don't, but I don't take it serious. :)
Dec 10, 2017 1:05 PM

Oct 2017
Its a balance of effort and video length for me. If the youtuber actually takes the time to write a decent script and edits the video in a way that makes for a pleasant viewing experience, then yes. However, in my experiences, very few anime youtubers put this level of effort into their videos, such as Gigguk, Super Eyepatch Wolf, and Lathan Crowe. Most just stare at you with their ugly bearded mug and ramble unedited about some bullshit or show some uninteresting gameplay to keep you from going comatose (not talking about anyone in particular *wink*wink*). As for video length, I'd say 15-20 minutes is more than enough time to get your point across about pretty much anything. 40 min-1 hr+ to explain your opinion on an anime is just too long for me. I could actually be watching anime for god's sake. Overall, I'm more interested in someone's quick opinion of a series rather than long pseudo-intellectual video essays. But to each their own, I'd rather be watching anime. As for people that hate all anime youtubers, I don't really understand this either. They come to the conclusion that because you agree with or acknowledge someone else's opinion that it somehow becomes your own. You aren't forming your own opinion from someone else's just by watching a video; I'd hate to think people are that impressionable. I watch these videos to see new perspectives and see what other people think about anime, not to see what so-and-so believes is right so I can watch anime the right way.
emergencybaconDec 10, 2017 1:17 PM
Dec 10, 2017 1:36 PM

Mar 2016
I prefer reading reviews to watching people talk about them.

So there's my answer.
Dec 10, 2017 2:53 PM

Dec 2014
_Ako_ said:
Tis is the reason why I fucking despise that user who starts the first YT Anime thread on AD and everyone will follow the pattern!

You’ve discovered my true intent have you?

Dec 10, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2015
I miss demo. To this day, his analysis of Nanana's shit tekken play is among my favourite youtube clips ever.
Dec 10, 2017 5:15 PM

Mar 2016
I generally dislike all of them with the exception of Bob Samurai and Glass Reflection. Oh and SuperEyePatchWolf. Those are my cuties. Everyone else, I do not care for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
I like a few like digibro and Super Eyepatch Wolf, gigguk is also okay. I can't stand some like the anime man, akidearest, and misty chronexia.
Dec 10, 2017 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
I want to have babies with great anime youtubers such as:

Chibireviews
Forneverworld
Black Critic Guy
Double4anime
Dec 10, 2017 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
Don't love them, don't hate. Nothing so special about them
Dec 10, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2015
nbyung09 said:
I appreciate their hard work, but I don't like them when they take anime, which are supposed to be entertainment, too seriously or critically.

It is sad but I honestly enjoy those low-effort "reaction" "episode review" types of video more than those high-effort critical intellectual analysis on certain anime or the industry.

I like to see people having fun in watching anime and hear their true opinion, not some rationalized scripts waiting for public examination.

I completely agree with you. 👌 Some Anime YouTubers make funny videos which is awesome but sometimes they just take it way too seriously for my taste.
Dec 10, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2016
Digibro: Presents his opinions extremely well, but will indulge in elitism.

TheAnimeMan: Laid back, chill, but some find him too "casual".

Gigguk: Makes fun of popular anime (all i know him for really.)

Dec 10, 2017 6:57 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
Gigguk for the parodies

Lost Pause to recognize what not to become

Glass Reflection for an outside opinion

Super Eyepatch Wolf for the amount of research/in-depth analysis he does

TheAnimeMan occasionally for random Japan stuff

Digibro for random useless anime knowledge
Dec 10, 2017 7:00 PM

May 2015
I like quite a few of them. Mainly Digibro, KingofLightning, and Gigguk.

And even if the hate is the vocal minority, they sure are loud. All I ever see is the hate, honestly.

Dec 10, 2017 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
Don't give a fuck about them, their opinions and their videos.

I would rather spend time watching more anime instead.
Dec 10, 2017 7:23 PM

Nov 2016
Depends on the Youtuber Really. Some are really toxic, Some are FUCKING NORMIES!!! (WRYYYYYYYYY) and some are alright..
Here is my top 5 Anime Youtubers:
Gigguk
Misty/Chronexia
Lost Pause
Mother's Basement
Joey(TheAnimeMan)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 7:24 PM

Nov 2016
You said:

If you knew Spanish I Would Reccommend a Youtuber called DracerGX. He is the Latin MelonPan
Dec 10, 2017 7:27 PM

Nov 2016
Maxsundew said:
I like a few like digibro and Super Eyepatch Wolf, gigguk is also okay. I can't stand some like the anime man, akidearest, and misty chronexia.

Misty and Joey are fine for me. I only watch aki for the Akibento(ver) vids
Dec 10, 2017 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Everyone on this thread be sleeping on RDCworld1.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 10, 2017 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
Indifferent though I am not a huge fan of guys like digibro. Misty does have some good videos especially for someone trying to keep up with seasonals his videos tend to be useful for finding out about shows I haven't seen before and I guess if you count guys like Team Four Star them as well. Used to watch Sawyer7mage as well but his videos for the most part were just Naruto and OP reviews and I kinda burn't out on OP so I don't really watch him anymore.
BilboBaggins365Dec 10, 2017 8:22 PM
Dec 10, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2017
mumkey jones is my favorite "anime youtuber" he make some deep analytical reviews
Dec 10, 2017 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Just by skimming through the thread, I don't think I've heard of some of the big ones.
I think I've unsubbed from all of the ones I was subbed to though, Glass Reflection, Mother's Basement, Digibro, Gigguk, and The Anime Man. I enjoyed some of their content some of the time but I was subbed to too many people and they were pretty much the first to go when I started cleaning my list out.
Dec 10, 2017 10:14 PM

Apr 2015
I watched some anime channels and IMO they are just my entertainment, just like other genres of youtuber. Nothing wrong with that. Not like Anime is some kind of snowflake nowadays.

If you like fashion then you may like a fashion channel.

Anime youtube channels that I like:
1. Gigguk
2. The Anime Man
3. Pewdipie

yes I said pewdiepie
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 10, 2017 10:33 PM

Jul 2017
I like them but the only one that I actually subscribed to is TheAnimeMan. I thought his videos are really funny and entertaining. Of course I don't fully listen to his opinions.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Dec 10, 2017 10:36 PM

Dec 2015
I only watch the shitpost youtubers. Everything else I don't really care about. Especially the reviewers. I really don't like anime reviewers. Though, I don't like many reviewers in general.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

69 by Gensouori »»
1 minute ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 2 minutes ago

0 by self-suff-des »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

32 by MasterTasuke »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

119 by Miyamotodex23 »»
8 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

33 by MasterTasuke »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.