Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2017 2:16 PM
Jul 2017
Hi all, I've been looking for an outlet to vent my frustration at the show. I'm sorry if what I say is beating a dead horse.

Gonna preempt all of this with a disclaimer: I'm the type that gets suckered into Shounen, and I'm not the type to care about animation quality/music/voice acting unless they are really bad.

To begin, the comparison to other Shounen, specifically Naruto, is evident from episode 1. Here you have the peppy (annoying) protagonist and his cold emotionless rival. Our protagonist's only purpose in life is to gain some arbitrary title and the respect that goes with it, in this case the title of Magic Hokage. Well, if we're being honest there's a second more unique driving force behind our protagonist, the desire to marry a nun (SISTA RIRI!!! KEKKON SHIMASHOU!!!!).

What else do we have? How about some Fairy Tail rip-offs. Not even 10 episodes in we've seen we equivalents to Natsu, Grey, Juvia, Ersa (surprisingly) and arguably Lucy. Not to mention that the Black Bulls is basically the Fairy Tail guild with Cana and Gildarts archetypes (among others). Heck the only thing it's missing is an adorkable talking sidekick (mark my words...soon...).

The show sets up the viewer to have these shows in mind while watching, but when the obvious comparison is made, it's just...bad. I keep getting the feeling that they are trying hard to set something up. They want us to slog through hours of back story until we get to the meat of the issue. Both Naruto and Fairy Tail had relatively simple opening arcs that revolved around action more than it did plot. Most shounen try to familiarize you with the world and it's characters before jumping into the plot, but Black Clover seems to be barreling through all semblance of character development straight into the thick of things.

Few other things. Why do shounen writers thing people like annoying characters? I've pretty much given up on ever completing Naruto because of his immaturity. Naruto is at his best when he doesn't act like a complete a-hole all the time. Asta is unredeemable from his voice to his personality.

Also why does everyone act like they have a stick up their arse? It's not interesting to watch everyone talk about how much better they are because they are rich or because they're older or whatever. I get the whole "rich get richer poor get poorer" motif is a cornerstone of the show, I'm just saying it makes for uninteresting drama.

I'll probably watch it as it comes out, mostly because I need more stuff to watch and it's easy watching, but unless it takes a 180 I don't see this becoming anything but a failed knockoff. As it is it looks more like a Naruto fanfic than a unique title.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2017 7:04 PM
Oct 2010
I think I'm gonna drop, I got to about ep 6. There's no depth, characters are totally one dimensional and the magic system seems pretty braindead. I had higher hopes after the first couple episodes but it's been downhill from there.
Dec 5, 2017 11:42 PM

Jul 2017
Battlefront228 said:
Hi all, I've been looking for an outlet to vent my frustration at the show. I'm sorry if what I say is beating a dead horse.

Gonna preempt all of this with a disclaimer: I'm the type that gets suckered into Shounen, and I'm not the type to care about animation quality/music/voice acting unless they are really bad.

To begin, the comparison to other Shounen, specifically Naruto, is evident from episode 1. Here you have the peppy (annoying) protagonist and his cold emotionless rival. Our protagonist's only purpose in life is to gain some arbitrary title and the respect that goes with it, in this case the title of Magic Hokage. Well, if we're being honest there's a second more unique driving force behind our protagonist, the desire to marry a nun (SISTA RIRI!!! KEKKON SHIMASHOU!!!!).

What else do we have? How about some Fairy Tail rip-offs. Not even 10 episodes in we've seen we equivalents to Natsu, Grey, Juvia, Ersa (surprisingly) and arguably Lucy. Not to mention that the Black Bulls is basically the Fairy Tail guild with Cana and Gildarts archetypes (among others). Heck the only thing it's missing is an adorkable talking sidekick (mark my words...soon...).

The show sets up the viewer to have these shows in mind while watching, but when the obvious comparison is made, it's just...bad. I keep getting the feeling that they are trying hard to set something up. They want us to slog through hours of back story until we get to the meat of the issue. Both Naruto and Fairy Tail had relatively simple opening arcs that revolved around action more than it did plot. Most shounen try to familiarize you with the world and it's characters before jumping into the plot, but Black Clover seems to be barreling through all semblance of character development straight into the thick of things.

Few other things. Why do shounen writers thing people like annoying characters? I've pretty much given up on ever completing Naruto because of his immaturity. Naruto is at his best when he doesn't act like a complete a-hole all the time. Asta is unredeemable from his voice to his personality.

Also why does everyone act like they have a stick up their arse? It's not interesting to watch everyone talk about how much better they are because they are rich or because they're older or whatever. I get the whole "rich get richer poor get poorer" motif is a cornerstone of the show, I'm just saying it makes for uninteresting drama.

I'll probably watch it as it comes out, mostly because I need more stuff to watch and it's easy watching, but unless it takes a 180 I don't see this becoming anything but a failed knockoff. As it is it looks more like a Naruto fanfic than a unique title.
And the point of this forum was?
Black Clover rip-off excuse is just another reason for edgelord to jump in the hate bandwagon . LITERALLY AL SHONEN ANIME ARE SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER .
-Fairy Tail a rip-off of One Piece
-MHA is a rip-off of Naruto
-HunterXHunter is a rip-off of Yu Yu Hakusho
- Or simply ALL SHONEN IS A RIP-OFF OF DRAGON BALL
This excuse is so dumb that it literrally lost it meaning

But I agree that Black Clover is similar to Fairy Tail . Even Shuiesha admit that it want a version of Kodansha Fairy Tail .
Dec 6, 2017 1:25 AM

Mar 2014
Will stur up a long argument?!! Or will only a few Black Clover supporters come and back it up?!

Tune in to find out!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 7, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
@Battlefront228

>his cold emotionless rival

Yuno by no means heartless, heck, he help orphan as well interact with all of them normally like any other kids...

>Our protagonist's only purpose in life is to gain some arbitrary title

what?

>and the respect that goes with it

asta literaly saying that he want the prestige of magic emperror (not a wizrd king, since there iscountry king, i blame translation for that) to break social discrimination and repairing his orphan...

>we've seen we equivalents to Natsu, Grey, Juvia, Ersa (surprisingly) and arguably Lucy. Not to mention that the Black Bulls is basically the Fairy Tail guild with Cana and Gildarts archetypes (among others). Heck the only thing it's missing is an adorkable talking sidekick (mark my words...soon...).

where? also there will be the sidekick, she will be the most dangerous all of them...

>Both Naruto and Fairy Tail had relatively simple opening arcs that revolved around action more than it did plot. Most shounen try to familiarize you with the world and it's characters before jumping into the plot, but Black Clover seems to be barreling through all semblance of character development straight into the thick of things.

ehh... BC really stright to the point, they already part of knights... and doing knights works...

>Few other things. Why do shounen writers thing people like annoying characters? I've pretty much given up on ever completing Naruto because of his immaturity. Naruto is at his best when he doesn't act like a complete a-hole all the time. Asta is unredeemable from his voice to his personality.

this might surprise you, but the one who win character popularity in MHA is not deku but bakugou... that should talk much...

>Also why does everyone act like they have a stick up their arse? It's not interesting to watch everyone talk about how much better they are because they are rich or because they're older or whatever. I get the whole "rich get richer poor get poorer" motif is a cornerstone of the show, I'm just saying it makes for uninteresting drama.

because social discrimination is a very real thing and part of main plot in here... it will become more noticable later on...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2017 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
Do you require a tissue?

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 7, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Black Clover is clearly trying too hard to be like Naruto and Fairy Tail.
If you take two average series and try to emulate them, obviously you're going to end up with garbage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Dec 7, 2017 7:21 AM
Aug 2015
I just can't trust someone who only have 1 post, especially if they made a "x is bad" thread like this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 7, 2017 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
'it's only bad when black clover does it'
Go back to youtube.
Dec 7, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2015
renzospark said:
I just can't trust someone who only have 1 post, especially if they made a "x is bad" thread like this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always think it says a lot when a person breaks their silence after months of lurking just to express how much they like/dislike something. Goes to say how passionate they feel about it.
...At least let me finish.

Dec 7, 2017 11:32 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Can the forum mods just create an sticky at the top of the BC forums so we don't get one of these a week.
Dec 7, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2017
+1 I agreed with every single word.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
@Shiroyasha_97 Is it accurate to say that HxH ripped off Yu Yu Hakusho? I get what you mean, especially when it comes to some characters having similar designs, but it kind of makes sense since they were created by the same guy. Not sure if that counts as a ripoff.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 7, 2017 4:16 PM
Aug 2017
Who in Black Clover is similar to Gildart? And don't even compare Vanessa to Cana.
Dec 8, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 2017
Don't watch this kind of anime if u fool cuz this show is gonna be popular no matter what it better than boku no hero re zero and other new generation anime that why it get 52 EP anime and ps4 gaming as early as its get bcoz much more experience people know that this kind of anime will had an impact the people that work in anime Industry know much better than the weeb that doesn't stop complaining about this show
Dec 8, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2017
gnuk79_Slayer said:
Don't watch this kind of anime if u fool cuz this show is gonna be popular no matter what it better than boku no hero re zero and other new generation anime that why it get 52 EP anime and ps4 gaming as early as its get bcoz much more experience people know that this kind of anime will had an impact the people that work in anime Industry know much better than the weeb that doesn't stop complaining about this show

I can't tell if your a troll or not especially because of your horrible grammar.

For one this series has over 50 starting episodes because the studio working on it are fans of the outdated production model of making any possibly profitable shonen anime a constant weekly thing which has long been proven to be a terrible way to make shows. Not because of any supposed quality.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 8, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, but here I am wondering this one thing: why do people repeat that they see Yuno as a cold character? Pls. explain. o.o

Dec 9, 2017 2:17 AM
Aug 2017
Slimcoder said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

I can't tell if your a troll or not especially because of your horrible grammar.

For one this series has over 50 starting episodes because the studio working on it are fans of the outdated production model of making any possibly profitable shonen anime a constant weekly thing which has long been proven to be a terrible way to make shows. Not because of any supposed quality.
the one you call outdated is the one who been working in this industry for decades some people who only been watching anime for year know which want is good the haters are getting ahead of themselves the one that doesn't even know how to produced anime and if u think they want to make profit they should make movie instead making an anime that weeb can watch free in web and TV and making anime is not profitable as the weeb think
gnuk79_SlayerDec 9, 2017 2:26 AM
Dec 9, 2017 8:06 AM

Oct 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Okay, but here I am wondering this one thing: why do people repeat that they see Yuno as a cold character? Pls. explain. o.o

At the very start it seemed that way but a few eps later I see he's different, I like him a little bit more. TBH he'd probably be a better protagonist than Asta, Asta could be the annoying side kick.

Kuma said:
@Battlefront228
this might surprise you, but the one who win character popularity in MHA is not deku but bakugou... that should talk much...
Bakugou is a pretty good character, I tend to dislike the aggressive sort of characters but he does have some charisma and we find out there is depth to him. I find him excellent as a rival.

Deku was annoying early at the very start but steadily improved. If things were really boring for a long time maybe I might not have made it but thankfully All Might shows up almost right away and they pretty much waste no time. Rest of the cast is great and Deku becomes more likable later on.

[quote=gnuk79_Slayer message=53307355][quote=Slimcoder]
gnuk79_Slayer said:
can watch free in web

Watch for free on the web!? But that would be illegal!
Dec 9, 2017 11:39 AM
Aug 2017
[quote=VersusXV]
Maneki-Mew said:

At the very start it seemed that way but a few eps later I see he's different, I like him a little bit more. TBH he'd probably be a better protagonist than Asta, Asta could be the annoying side kick.

Kuma said:
@Battlefront228
Bakugou is a pretty good character, I tend to dislike the aggressive sort of characters but he does have some charisma and we find out there is depth to him. I find him excellent as a rival.

Deku was annoying early at the very start but steadily improved. If things were really boring for a long time maybe I might not have made it but thankfully All Might shows up almost right away and they pretty much waste no time. Rest of the cast is great and Deku becomes more likable later on.

[quote=gnuk79_Slayer message=53307355]
Slimcoder said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:
can watch free in web

there are web that legal
Dec 9, 2017 11:48 AM
Aug 2017
[quote=VersusXV]
Maneki-Mew said:

Kuma said:
@Battlefront228

[quote=gnuk79_Slayer message=53307355]
Slimcoder said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:
can watch free in web

there are website that legal like crunchroll and Hulu to watch anime for free so u want to say that is illegal crunchroll even an app that why I said anime is not profitable and the hater that say the producer are greedy to make anime not true
Dec 9, 2017 4:54 PM

Oct 2016
Hulu & Netflix are options but they are subscription based not free. I knew about crunchyroll but I thought it was subscription based? Maybe I'm out of the loop and they've changed it to a free with ads model which probably is a smarter move rather than trying to charge monthly fee and basically compete with Netflix.

These certainly are not illegal, they pay for the licensing rights to use the show I believe monthly which is why at monthly intervals shows/movies get added or removed on Netflix. But they've no doubt got stats on how many are watching particular show and for something like Black Clover I think most won't continue past first set of episodes especially when considering a mainstream audience, then Netflix would likely drop the series unless the fee is cheap.

I am very sure that for Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, etc it is very profitable. The licensing fees are certainly going to be a lot higher but viewership would also be high so it is worthwhile to keep them on there. I haven't used Netflix in a while but if I remember correctly they had Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, SAO, Fairy Tail, Seven Deadly Sins, Neon Genesis Evangelion, maybe Attack on Titan? They had some of the movies as well like Battle of Gods, Resurrection F and I think some Naruto movies.

But it won't be profitable for mediocre/bad series since they'll have to lowball their price in order to get services to keep them around or else they risk getting dropped. Free with ads model would allow more room for shows like Black Clover because they could handle it kind of like Youtube and give them a share of ad revenue generated directly from people loading their episodes.
Dec 9, 2017 4:54 PM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:

i don't agree with his opinion about popularity, but this is ignorance... weekly things is what most common people enjoy... tv with highest ratings always long run because they has something to look forward everyweek... the only exception is major, whihc using courly by 6 season stright with constant breaks... weekly series might suffer from production issue since making long run is really hard task, much more than courly series, but saying it doesn't works is simply false...

VersusXV said:
Kuma said:
@Battlefront228

as people who up todate with manga, not really... bakugou simply sasuke that doesn't have motivation to be evil... he is jealous, very insecure, and really denial to blame others, when the problem lies in himself... the whole deku VS bakugou fight and the bully flashback prove that... i don't usually hate this kind of character, but the rivalries is the one that drivin me nuts... asta VS Yuno rivalries much more likeable because there is nothing nasty between them... both of them heavily respect each other, and barely has drama out of it... however, look like people simply like those kind of character, however for me, i can simply see bakugou as asshole...

I like deku from the start TBH... it's only hate it with"bending the future" things and how author keep abusing "you are not actually worthy" dramafest...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 9, 2017 5:08 PM

Oct 2016
Kuma said:
as people who up todate with manga, not really... bakugou simply sasuke that doesn't have motivation to be evil... he is jealous, very insecure, and really denial to blame others, when the problem lies in himself... the whole deku VS bakugou fight and the bully flashback prove that... i don't usually hate this kind of character, but the rivalries is the one that drivin me nuts... asta VS Yuno rivalries much more likeable because there is nothing nasty between them... both of them heavily respect each other, and barely has drama out of it... however, look like people simply like those kind of character, however for me, i can simply see bakugou as asshole...

I like deku from the start TBH... it's only hate it with"bending the future" things and how author keep abusing "you are not actually worthy" dramafest...

@Kuma
Maybe I gotta rewatch BnH, I want to do writeup on this but can't remember every detail.

I don't hate sasuke but I found Bakugou to be better. I liked Deku from the start as well but understand the complaints somewhat when talking about Deku from first few episodes of season 1. After the events are underway he develops quickly and by Season 2 I'd say he's an excellent protagonist.

Asta vs Yuno rivalry is kinda funny for me because I like Yuno a bit more and dislike Asta.

Kuma said:
i don't agree with his opinion about popularity, but this is ignorance... weekly things is what most common people enjoy... tv with highest ratings always long run because they has something to look forward everyweek... the only exception is major, whihc using courly by 6 season stright with constant breaks... weekly series might suffer from production issue since making long run is really hard task, much more than courly series, but saying it doesn't works is simply false...

I think he is referring to the over 50 episodes planned part rather than following season format like ~12 episode/~24 episodes. It works but requires a lot IMO, especially since there aren't going to be any breaks, 50+ episode says to me it'll be airing virtually every week for an entire year whereas BnH takes breaks between seasons to let the manga proceed ahead and plan the next season. You need a lot of great materials, and a combination of a fantastic anime team + author involvement to really plan things out well. Think of FMA/FMA Brotherhood as example. I feel it should only be attempted when the source material is truly exceptional and in the hands of a truly exceptional anime team.
FreshPrinceof3HDec 9, 2017 5:22 PM
Dec 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
VersusXV said:
Kuma said:

@Kuma
Maybe I gotta rewatch BnH, I want to do writeup on this but can't remember every detail.

I don't hate sasuke but I found Bakugou to be better. I liked Deku from the start as well but understand the complaints somewhat when talking about Deku from first few episodes of season 1. After the events are underway he develops quickly and by Season 2 I'd say he's an excellent protagonist.

Asta vs Yuno rivalry is kinda funny for me because I like Yuno a bit more and dislike Asta.

it's happened after anime TBH... yes, i admit that bakugou was redeeming himself in that time.... after that, smehow author set back his development because plot convinience...

also oh man, i don't know you will liking it or not, but author literaly
for that dramafest...

yes, asta supposed to be annoyng, but he will developed over the time too...

VersusXV said:
I think he is referring to the over 50 episodes planned part rather than following season format like ~12 episode/~24 episodes. It works but requires a lot IMO, especially since there aren't going to be any breaks, 50+ episode says to me it'll be airing virtually every week for an entire year whereas BnH takes breaks between seasons to let the manga proceed ahead and plan the next season. You need a lot of great materials, and a combination of a fantastic anime team + author involvement to really plan things out well. Think of FMA/FMA Brotherhood as example. I feel it should only be attempted when the source material is truly exceptional and in the hands of a truly exceptional anime team.

the breaks in BnHA simply because production comitee simply wants it... there was a ruckus why they got anime adaptation soo early (they already anounced in 7th vol, and it revealed they already planned it from first volme) on soo short, because TOHO pushed it for game advertisement... since now it was sueisha that pushed it and for merchindise reason, it get better length because merchendise is not instant seling things like game...

FMA and HXH long run is exception since they are already famous series so they has lot of industry support to push it...
KumaDec 9, 2017 5:37 PM
Dec 9, 2017 6:33 PM

Oct 2016
Kuma said:
it's happened after anime TBH... yes, i admit that bakugou was redeeming himself in that time.... after that, smehow author set back his development because plot convinience...

TBH I kind of understand this. In anime it brought it out of him because it was a legit life or death situation, it will take more time for that kind of change to become permanent. It's fine unless he goes way backwards like regressing compared to where he was at the start.

It shows the potential development he can have over time.

Kuma said:
also oh man, i don't know you will liking it or not, but author literaly
for that dramafest...

@Kuma
Wow that sounds legit scary. I like everybody so losing any of them is a loss other than a few we're expecting.

I do wonder if I ought to go read the manga and find out so I can get used to it now.

Kuma said:

yes, asta supposed to be annoyng, but he will developed over the time too...

I guess we'll see. Problem with Asta is that Deku too was supposed to be annoying but he always had a sort of charm whereas I'm getting none of that from Asta. Same with part 1 Naruto, he always had a bit of charm. I guess it will indeed be pretty epic if they can make him as good as Deku.

That is one character arc I have never seen, a protagonist we dislike or for some people even hate then he wins us over and becomes really cool. They would become famous if they can somehow do this.

VersusXV said:

the breaks in BnHA simply because production comitee simply wants it... there was a ruckus why they got anime adaptation soo early (they already anounced in 7th vol, and it revealed they already planned it from first volme) on soo short, because TOHO pushed it for game advertisement... since now it was sueisha that pushed it and for merchindise reason, it get better length because merchendise is not instant seling things like game...

FMA and HXH long run is exception since they are already famous series so they has lot of industry support to push it...[/quote]
Agreed, I feel a 50 episode plan is best only for cases like FMA and HXH. It's possible to make it work anyways but they're fighting the odds IMO, they had really better have some epic stories coming up.

I can see why this is really controversial. 51 episodes and literally a game too announced for brand new series. I wonder how all of this got approved? I think the manga would have to have some solid gold chapters to convince people to make a full PS4/PC game(Costs literally millions of dollars to develop & advertise) for it and give it 51 episodes rather than the usual 10-13 episode season for the anime to prove itself. This is unusual because typically they have to start out like BnH with just 1 season and basically hit a home run with it in order to get to continue.

But I can say with certainty that Black Clover has made me happy in one way. I just googled about this stuff and found out about the My Hero Academia: One’s Justice for PS4/Switch game! This is really exciting, I can't wait! They'd better do a good job with it.

I think I will give the show a bit more of a chance.
Dec 9, 2017 6:38 PM
Apr 2017
Here come the fanboys that say "anyone who hate this show is just a hater waaaaaaaa"
Dec 9, 2017 7:55 PM
Aug 2013
the more people hate it the more I enjoy it. I just might end up giving it a 10 rating by the end of the first season...
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
Dec 9, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2015
waifu_stealer said:
Here come the fanboys that say "anyone who hate this show is just a hater waaaaaaaa"

who? which one? where?
Dec 9, 2017 8:55 PM
Apr 2017
Kuma said:
waifu_stealer said:

who? which one? where?

not on this thread exactly but there are alot elsewhere like in the "Black CLover is overhated" thread
Dec 9, 2017 9:05 PM

Mar 2015
waifu_stealer said:
Kuma said:

who? which one? where?

not on this thread exactly but there are alot elsewhere like in the "Black CLover is overhated" thread

and the difference with other fans are?
Dec 9, 2017 9:15 PM
Apr 2017
Kuma said:
waifu_stealer said:

sorry, dont understand your question
Dec 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
waifu_stealer said:
Kuma said:

i mean, what'sthe difference BC fans with other series fans?
Dec 9, 2017 9:21 PM
Apr 2017
Kuma said:
waifu_stealer said:

nothing rly, I'm just saying diehard fanboys (and maybe even diehard haters) of any show are kinda cancerous
Dec 9, 2017 9:47 PM

Aug 2017
waifu_stealer said:
Kuma said:

nothing rly, I'm just saying diehard fanboys (and maybe even diehard haters) of any show are kinda cancerous

Blind anything is not a good thing after all.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 10, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2015
waifu_stealer said:
Kuma said:

so, you are stating the obvious?

VersusXV said:
I can see why this is really controversial. 51 episodes and literally a game too announced for brand new series. I wonder how all of this got approved? I think the manga would have to have some solid gold chapters to convince people to make a full PS4/PC game(Costs literally millions of dollars to develop & advertise) for it and give it 51 episodes rather than the usual 10-13 episode season for the anime to prove itself. This is unusual because typically they have to start out like BnH with just 1 season and basically hit a home run with it in order to get to continue.

But I can say with certainty that Black Clover has made me happy in one way. I just googled about this stuff and found out about the My Hero Academia: One’s Justice for PS4/Switch game! This is really exciting, I can't wait! They'd better do a good job with it.

I think I will give the show a bit more of a chance.

i think simply because BC look like something that don't make big dedicated fanbase... so they push long run so at least, they can get TV ratings and merchendise ads revenue... unlike BnHA that already sold like crazy even before anime, BC barely break 100K before anime anonced, but they ranked up decent In TOC... so it's more like WT or toriko case.... they sold low, but merchenndise sold like crazy... and long run is more provitable than short run for it...

BnHA game already made previously for 3ds released right after anime aired... this just get anounced after anime released... thanks to anime i guess...
Dec 10, 2017 9:00 AM
Apr 2017
Kuma said:
waifu_stealer said:

so, you are stating the obvious?

yeah? I don't understand why you are asking me these questions in the first place

Dec 10, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
Takes the very worst shounen trope and blends them together, it's like it is bad in purpose.
Dec 18, 2017 10:44 PM
May 2015
luniz said:
I think I'm gonna drop, I got to about ep 6. There's no depth, characters are totally one dimensional and the magic system seems pretty braindead. I had higher hopes after the first couple episodes but it's been downhill from there.
i read the manga and i can tell u it finds its own path and gets really good
Jan 2, 2018 10:13 AM
Dec 2017
Well, one thing I can say for sure is that I haven't jumped on that bandwagon. I mean, the fact that an anime's cliché doesn't make it bad. Is it like Fairy Tail, Boku no Hero Academia, Naruto, and probably a lot of other shounen anime? Yes, but, in my opinion, Black Clover is still good.

I haven't gotten very far in the series (because I'm watching it on TV) but I honestly haven't seen enough wrong with Black Clover for it to get so much hate. I get that Asta's subbed voice actor isn't the best. Matter of fact, you could make a compilation of all of Asta's yells and make a "try not to laugh/cringe challenge" because it's so ridiculously hilarious. The thing is, there's a dub now so the issue of the "bad" and or "annoying" voice actor is pretty much solved. Asta's dubbed voice actor is fine so anyone who hates or just doesn't like the sub can go watch the dub.

Also, I understand the issue with pacing. A majority of one episode was spent on a flashback and I heard that very few chapters were covered in the first few episodes. But, to be honest, pacing doesn't (and shouldn't) ruin an anime (at least in my opinion).

Anyway, I just think Black Clover is over hated. I guess it's already joined the group of anime that's usually hated (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail and some other anime) though.
Jan 3, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
Shounen, as the meaning of the word implies, is mainly directed to a maturing youngling demographic, because of this they usually depict a certain goal to achieve by MCs (become hokage, a hero or worlds strongest man; finding the one piece, your adoptive dragon father or your budhist cool dad; protecting Athena or other devotion-worth person or ideal. Becoming the Maho ou is Asta's goal (also, banging the hot nun xD).

Yuno and Sasuke are nothing alike, aside from having black hair and a composed face as your regular japanese dude and other 10.000 characters from anime & manga... For the most part: Sasuke gives 2 F's about Naruto, has grandeur delusions, is motivated either by vengeance or pride, is emotionally unstable, has fire based powers, great hand-to-hand skills and is a tsundere; meanwhile, Yuno and Asta are bonded as brothers, just happens to have high qualities for magic but doesn't live measuring his d.ck with others, wants to help the church and the rest of his "family", is a reserved guy, has wind based attacks, apparently sucks hand-to-hand and is -kinda- honest with the ones he cares for.

Those rip-off claims... ugh... with that logic Luffy is a rip-off from Mr. Fantastic, Natsu from Human-torch, BC's Mimosa from Poison Ivy or Usopp, Gray from Sub-Zero, Lucy from Satoshi/Ash, Cana from everyones drunk uncle and Juvia from Squirtle xD. It can go stupidier if you try.
Side note: Gildarts appearance is inspired on Shanks, Naruto's on super saiyan Goku, Goku's origin on Superman's, etc... Don't mistake inspired by with rip-off. Also, Fairy Tail is nothing as One Piece, that's a stupidity by some blind fan-boys and a lame set of barely similar frames taken from their mangas.

That said... Black Clover is far from perfect, first episodes were a mess and I wanted to die, 'cause my Otaku-way in to not drop xp, but actually, it is getting pretty fine with the interactions from all the different characters, that sick god of war like tune on fight scenes xD, still lacks some, but we know more of the structure of the world, I wouldn't have guessed but Asta is a lot less annoying every episode and, personally, love 1st OP and ED :p

7/10 for me right now... it can go down again, it can go up... who knows?
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Jan 3, 2018 5:55 AM

Jul 2017
Black Clover is generic, unoriginal, mediocre trash.
It’s like watching Naruto & FT’s retarded love child. The characters are shallow, one dimensional archetypes. Asta’s constant screaming in the anime is fucking cancerous. He’s like if you take pt.1 Naruto, put him in FT and dialed up his screaming to the maximum. Asta’s the most obnoxious, generic MC in shounen. Yuno’s a bland, gary sue. Seriously, he’s a emotionless robot.

If you think it gets better in the manga it doesn’t. There’s no powerscalling, Asta is so overpowered when he’s meant to be a underdog, Yuno’s even worse. The kid’s a rookie that’s never lost and has already defeated a Captain. The villains are so poorly written I almost dropped the manga because of them e.g. Vetto constantly repeating ‘despair’, as if that would make him a good villain.

If you like BC, then more power to you. Just don’t get upset when you see tons of ppl criticising the series.
Jan 4, 2018 7:55 PM
Jul 2016
gnuk79_Slayer said:

I sometimes try to look past grammatical errors, though yours was significant, and while I did catch the gist of what you were trying to get across, you gave Fairy Tail a 10/10. All your credibility has been voided.
Jan 5, 2018 7:46 AM

Aug 2012
Battlefront228 said:

So you are a Narutard complaining about other anime and saying they are not as good as Naruto? LOL that is funny. Naruto is the epitome of garbage to which all other type of anime garbage is to be compared. I find the show mediocre but still interesting and fun. The jokes are pretty good and so are the fights. Sometimes you do not need more.
Jan 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Mar 2015
ShinobuSage said:
Asta’s the most obnoxious, generic MC in shounen.

ehh... most shounen does obnoxious, but asta doesn't have abd experience, that's already make his obnoxious is much different.... it's rooted from purely his nature, rather than from his experience....

ShinobuSage said:
Yuno’s a bland, gary sue. Seriously, he’s a emotionless robot.

what? are we watch same series? he is very sociable... neither he is gary sue, just very talented...

ShinobuSage said:
If you think it gets better in the manga it doesn’t. There’s no powerscalling, Asta is so overpowered when he’s meant to be a underdog,

he is exception, not underdog... later on, afte rgetting used with his power, they also know how to deal with asta...

ShinobuSage said:
Yuno’s even worse. The kid’s a rookie that’s never lost and has already defeated a Captain.

where the fuck is that?

ShinobuSage said:
The villains are so poorly written I almost dropped the manga because of them e.g. Vetto constantly repeating ‘despair’, as if that would make him a good villain.

well, because he himself is in despair the most... simply way to being denial is rejceting it totally by repeating it and thrown it to others.... aren't it obvious?

ShinobuSage said:
If you like BC, then more power to you. Just don’t get upset when you see tons of ppl criticising the series.

yes, go up and criticize it, but be reasonable and give proper argument...
Jan 9, 2018 5:04 PM
Aug 2017
Apollo_Madao said:
Shounen, as the meaning of the word implies, is mainly directed to a maturing youngling demographic, because of this they usually depict a certain goal to achieve by MCs (become hokage, a hero or worlds strongest man; finding the one piece, your adoptive dragon father or your budhist cool dad; protecting Athena or other devotion-worth person or ideal. Becoming the Maho ou is Asta's goal (also, banging the hot nun xD).

Yuno and Sasuke are nothing alike, aside from having black hair and a composed face as your regular japanese dude and other 10.000 characters from anime & manga... For the most part: Sasuke gives 2 F's about Naruto, has grandeur delusions, is motivated either by vengeance or pride, is emotionally unstable, has fire based powers, great hand-to-hand skills and is a tsundere; meanwhile, Yuno and Asta are bonded as brothers, just happens to have high qualities for magic but doesn't live measuring his d.ck with others, wants to help the church and the rest of his "family", is a reserved guy, has wind based attacks, apparently sucks hand-to-hand and is -kinda- honest with the ones he cares for.

Those rip-off claims... ugh... with that logic Luffy is a rip-off from Mr. Fantastic, Natsu from Human-torch, BC's Mimosa from Poison Ivy or Usopp, Gray from Sub-Zero, Lucy from Satoshi/Ash, Cana from everyones drunk uncle and Juvia from Squirtle xD. It can go stupidier if you try.
Side note: Gildarts appearance is inspired on Shanks, Naruto's on super saiyan Goku, Goku's origin on Superman's, etc... Don't mistake inspired by with rip-off. Also, Fairy Tail is nothing as One Piece, that's a stupidity by some blind fan-boys and a lame set of barely similar frames taken from their mangas.

That said... Black Clover is far from perfect, first episodes were a mess and I wanted to die, 'cause my Otaku-way in to not drop xp, but actually, it is getting pretty fine with the interactions from all the different characters, that sick god of war like tune on fight scenes xD, still lacks some, but we know more of the structure of the world, I wouldn't have guessed but Asta is a lot less annoying every episode and, personally, love 1st OP and ED :p

what do you even know what you talking about gildart based on shank u fool gildarts is based on one of character in rave master mashima hiro previous work if u do not know don't talk to much if u only watching few anime with similarities do u know that before shokugeki no soma there an anime called Mr.ajiko that airing in late 80s there a lot similarities in shonen boruto series complete my rip off the main character of one piece but no one talk about it why from what I seen mizuki clearly rip off to luffy yet no one talk about it what a double standard
Jan 9, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
gnuk79_Slayer said:
Apollo_Madao said:

what do you even know what you talking about gildart based on shank u fool gildarts is based on one of character in rave master mashima hiro previous work if u do not know don't talk to much if u only watching few anime with similarities do u know that before shokugeki no soma there an anime called Mr.ajiko that airing in late 80s there a lot similarities in shonen boruto series complete my rip off the main character of one piece but no one talk about it why from what I seen mizuki clearly rip off to luffy yet no one talk about it what a double standard

First, Mashima worked as an assistant to Oda. I'm not sure, but apparently he even stated Gildarts was based on Shanks as a tribute, I could be wrong though.
Second, are you sure you can understand what you read? Because you seem to be barking to the wrong person.
Apollo_MadaoJan 9, 2018 5:50 PM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Jan 10, 2018 12:19 PM
Aug 2017
Mr_Makishima said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

I sometimes try to look past grammatical errors, though yours was significant, and while I did catch the gist of what you were trying to get across, you gave Fairy Tail a 10/10. All your credibility has been voided.
well I know that fairy tail rating is only between 7-8 but when I saw there many user that rate it lower than 6 you know something wrong so I didn't really care about rating in mal cuz there is many fake user that desperately want there anime to rank high so Its not that important & u should know that
gnuk79_SlayerJan 10, 2018 12:29 PM
Jan 10, 2018 12:27 PM
Aug 2017
[quote=Apollo_Madao]
gnuk79_Slayer said:
Apollo_Madao said:

First, Mashima worked as an assistant to Oda. I'm not sure, but apparently he even stated Gildarts was based on Shanks as a tribute, I could be wrong though.
Second, are you sure you can understand what you read? Because you seem to be barking to the wrong person.
[/qufans Why does Hiro Mashima’s FAIRY TAIL remind so many people of Eiichiro Oda’s ONE PIECE? Is it because Mashima was once Oda’s assistant?

NO!

Rather, they were both influenced by the great Akira Toriyama, who created Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball Z among other things:

According to Mashima’s publisher, Hiro Mashima was not only never Eiichiro Oda’s assistant–he has never served as an assistant to any artist at all. Mashima has pretty much been a superstar from the beginning–and from a startlingly young age. Born in 1977, Mashima has already crammed several careers of comics creation into a short period: 35 volumes of his first blockbuster, Rave Master, the new sensation Fairy Tail, simultaneous with a new series for Kodansha’s Shonen Rival , Monster Hunter.

As it turns out, there’s a much simpler explanation for the resemblance, and it’s one of the biggest forces in manga ever: Akira Toriyama. Eiichiro Oda and Hiro Mashima are both members of a generation who grew up obsessed with Toriyama and all things Dragon Ball , and whose styles were forged by Toriyama worship. Another reminder that even masters like Mashima and Oda started out as the same thing: fans (I hope you understand don't give people the wrong information its make you look stupid)
Jan 10, 2018 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
Slimcoder said:
gnuk79_Slayer said:

well outdated or not they making something for the anime industry so you should look at yourself before you talk about making profit ( 豚 )
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.