Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2017 6:39 AM

Feb 2015
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Interview #123 - @Ericonator ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ericonator

A crusader and conqueror of the all the threads in FG, with all the the pairing he had shipped;
countless fetish he had rate... No one will be able to stop him.

Interview conducted by: @_Ako_

Could you tell us about yourself?

I'm Ericonator, although most people just call me Eric. I’m 19 years old, currently living in Southern Norway. I finished my last year of high school earlier this year, and now I’m looking for a job within logistics. I’m a rather shy guy IRL and around people I don’t know well, but if I’m in the right mood I can be a pretty lively guy.

I haven’t had anything crazy or spectacular happen yet in my life; only small incidents here and there. The closest I’ll get to something like that would be when I was almost in a traffic accident some years ago. It was on my way home from school. I was just casually minding my own business. When all of a sudden, the bus I was on started spinning and sliding and spinning; the road was icy, the traffic beside us started slowing down in anticipation of a crush, but at the final moment, the bus driver suddenly regained control of the bus and straightened it all out. Luckily, nothing bad happened.

How did you choose your username?

I was in class one day and we were doing some sort of online project, and our teacher told us that we had to use our name as a username for the site we were using. Since I thought that just using my name would be boring, I decided to think of a way to incorporate it into something else. Without thinking, I wrote down the first thing that came to mind, which was The Terminator for some reason. Swapped out the first few letters with my name and then changed the “i” to an “o” since it sounded better, thus Ericonator was born. Been using it for most of my online username since.

Could you give us a brief history of your time on MAL?

Although I joined MAL in May 2014, I didn’t really use it that much until the start of 2017, mainly just to add stuff I’d watched. That changed when I decided to explore the forums a bit in early January this year, mostly posting on AD or episode discussions. Eventually I came across Forum Games, which completely changed the way I approached MAL. I now use MAL daily, often times posting in Forum Games.

Any users you like/dislike? Why?

If I listed all the users I like this would be way too long, so I’ll just list some of the ones I like.

@KanonDE – One of my first genuine friends on here and overall a great guy, always manages to come up with something interesting to say.
@Edlaw – The creator of the counting thread, and someone I’ve had a great time interacting with. Hope you’re doing fine with whatever’s happening IRL.
@NoLiferSoul and @Ardanaz – Two of my mod buddies who are nicer than they lead on to be initially. I am also eternally thankful to you Noli for showing me Nami.
@DeadlyRaven - One of the nicest and sweetest persons I've met on here, you always make my day better when I see you.

As for users I dislike, there are very few and I’d rather not say who they are.

How did you get into anime/manga?

Technically, I first got into anime in 2012 when I watched all of Pokemon and Hetalia, but since I didn’t consider them anime at the time I won’t count that. Anyway, to answer that, we have to go to May 2013. I was just casually minding my own business on YouTube one day, and I kept seeing more and more clips from anime in the sidebar. My curiosity got the better of me, and I clicked on one of them (I think it was a clip from Zero no Tsukaima), and from there the ball started rolling. I think the first anime I completed after that was one called “Today in Class 5-2”.
I didn’t get into manga until about half a year ago, decided that I would give it a shot since why not.

What other hobbies do you have outside of anime/manga and MAL?

I used to have more hobbies before, besides anime/manga and MAL. Nowadays I hang out with friends on Discord, play games from time to time and take care of our dog and two cats. I also go cycling every now and then, but right now it’s snowing and the roads are icy so I’d rather not risk it.

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

I think it’s run fine, don’t have any notable problems with it. The mods I’ve talked with here and there seem nice for the most part.

How do you think people on MAL perceive you as a user?

Outside of Forum Games I’m not too sure, but on Forum Games I’m known for a few things, like “that guy who never goes offline”, or “living on Forum Games”. From what I’ve seen, people see me as an easygoing, laid-back person.

As a HS student, do you like math related courses? Is there a correlation between the job you’re interested in and math?

Yes, math is something I’ve mostly liked throughout school. It’s something I’ve been pretty good at, since I like numbers. I remember when he had math tests in school, I’d usually always be the first one done, and still get a good score. Well, math is used in basically every job in some way, so yes I’d say there’s a correlation. How big that correlation turns out to be is something I’m not sure of yet; however, it’ll no doubt be useful though.

Did you suddenly get hooked in FG or was it a slow start? Will there ever be a time where you’ll be less active in FG and start from AD or CD?

From what I remember, it started out with me just casually posting every now and then, like I’d post a few times and then do something else for a while. Then one night when I couldn’t sleep, I decided to go on MAL on my phone, and ended up posting for about 3 hours without realizing it. The next couple of days I posted more and more until it became a daily activity. This was around April/May I believe. About a month later, which is June is when it started getting serious, since I was introduced to the counting thread. Some of my friends and I would post there for like an hour, and then a mod would come in and crush everyone except one person’s hopes and dreams. I’m a bit sad that the counting thread has died down a bit since then, since it used to be booming. I remember when we went from one version to another in less than 40 hours.

Maybe, but I doubt it. The other boards don’t have the same feel to them as FG does, and they’re also less laid-back than FG, which is a big reason why I like it so much. You can mess around more without having to worry.

As a shy individual; did FG by any means helped you to be more open in general? Did the board provide you something that you treasure as your dog and cat?

Yes, FG has made me more open with myself, and also to others. Thanks to it I now have a bunch of friends I hang out with daily, talking and doing various things with. If you told me one year ago that I'd turn out this way, I probably wouldn't believe you. I've become more daring, doing things I might not have considered doing otherwise, and overall it has been an overly positive experience (of course with bumps in the road every now and then, but you can't help that).

FG-users that were once frequent on the board that you want to see again?

@Quixii – Was fun seeing him around when he was active.
@Tangerine – He still posts sometimes, but he made FG a different place when he was around.
@Edlaw – He was active more or less every day back in May to August, but recently had to vacate due to personal reasons. Wish you luck man, hope to see you fully return someday.

Of all the waifus that exist in the Touhou universe, what made you like Reimu so much?
From our big boss; @TimeToRepent

True, there are a lot of waifus in Touhou, but Reimu stands out the most to me for a few reasons. She’s divine, a creature so great that not many can even come close to her. She may be a bitch sometimes, but she makes up for it by being headstrong and willing to try different things. Her outfit is really cute and fitting for a shrine maiden of her caliber. I really like how she uses her spell cards, it looks cool and damaging. The only thing I dislike about her is that there’s not enough fan art and doujins of her, I need more.

About the rumours of you sending a lewd pic, is there some truth to it?
By Anon-kun

To be honest, yes, that is true, I’ll leave the details out though. It was originally going to be private between me and someone, but a certain person coerced me into sharing it, *cough* @kiss *cough*. I’m not sure how much more of it I want to share, so I’ll leave it at that.

Why do you like Johan Liebert as a character? And how do you feel about the ending of My Teen Romantic Comedy S2, did Hachiman do the right thing or should he have chosen one of them, if yes then who?
By @KidStiff

At his core, Johan is an enigma. You think you know why he does certain things, but then he turns around and shatters your hopes and dreams. Shrouded in mystery, he can turn your close friends into your enemies with some psychology. I like that throughout the show we get to see many different parts of him, like everyday situations and serious situations. It feels down-to-earth, even in some of the slightly less realistic scenarios that happen. Also, who can ignore that evil grin of his?
It’s been a while since I saw Oregairu Zoku, but I think he made the right choice, especially considering his personality and what he had to deal with. In case he did choose someone though, he should’ve chosen Totsuka for the sole reason that they’re made to be together.

Interviewer's Note: No! Seriously, Yukino-sama will prevail at the end!

When did you start playing Touhou? What is your favourite game, boss and music? Why would you choose to be a noob and prefer Reimu? Lastly, anything else you'd like want to rant about it
By @Wary_Wolf

My first run-in with anything Touhou-related was back in 2013. A Youtuber, which I recently started watching by the name of MarkyJoe had posted some gameplay footage from one of the games a few years before I found him, which got me curious enough to play it myself. After playing through a bit of Touhou 8: Imperishable Night and failed hard, I decided to stop playing, and didn’t think much of it until about a year later when I came across some fan made Touhou videos on Youtube. I don’t remember exactly what they were, I think they were Touhou AMV’s or something. After going on a Touhou binge-watch, I decided to give the games another go, although I still sucked at them. Instead of trying to beat the games, I just stuck with looking up fan made stuff instead, which is now what I like most about Touhou; there’s so much variety. Fast-forward until now and that’s still what I’m doing.
It’s hard to pick a favourite song, since there’s a lot of really good ones. Maybe Mokou’s Theme, can never get enough of that one.

What advice would you give to newcomers of the Touhou franchise?
By @bmoore07

Seeing as I haven’t actually beaten a Touhou game, my advice might be limited, but I’d say either start by looking up fan made stuff or play one of the earlier games. From what I remember Touhou 8 was easier than the one I played at a later date. If you can’t beat it but feel like you can if you just practice some more, I’d suggest doing so. If those don’t interest you or you don’t like them however, there’s a lot of fan made stuff to explore, I’ve barely even scratched the surface of it all myself.

If the place you're living in happened to be incinerated by a fire, what items would you save and why?
By @bmoore07

The first thing I’d do is get our two cats and dog out, since they’re very important to me. I’d also save my phone so that I can still play FG for a while. Depending on how fast the fire spreads, I’d grab anything else essential that I might need.

Can you give us 3 users you'd like to nominate and why?

@The_Missing_Link – He’s a guy I talk with regularly and I think it’d be interesting to hear why he detests To Love-ru and A-1 Pictures so much.
@KanonDE – I’m curious as to how many unexpected things he might say.
@Aidoru-Ojisan – The biggest music enthusiast I know of, would be cool to hear him talk about all sorts of music, since he’s quite knowledgeable, and probably some idol stuff too, since I know he’s a big fan of that.

What else would you want to comment/mention briefly before we end this interview?

#ReimuBestGirl

...Still posting in FG... Still living inside of FG... Still not sleeping....
TimeToRepentDec 7, 2017 4:47 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 4, 2017 6:43 AM

Aug 2014
Yaaay I'm liked! :D

Also... Fujiwara no Mokou > Reimu
Dec 4, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2017
I'm nicer than this makes me sound... trust me
those things barely come up in our conversations

also
Sakuya=Cirno>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reimu
Dec 4, 2017 7:13 AM

May 2014
Ardanaz said:

The_Missing_Link said:

also
nuu, Reimu besto, fite me.

And Yes, Link is nice :3
Dec 4, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2014
Ericonator said:
Ardanaz said:

The_Missing_Link said:

also
nuu, Reimu besto, fite me

Your forum avatar is on my side ;)
Speaking of which!!! omg.. I haven't seen that pic of her before. I've scowered the internet for every single pic of her. Can you send me a full version please? :3
Dec 4, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2014
Ardanaz said:
Ericonator said:
nuu, Reimu besto, fite me

Speaking of which!!! omg.. I haven't seen that pic of her before. I've scowered the internet for every single pic of her. Can you send me a full version please? :3
Sure, I'll do it when I get home :3
On the bus atm
Dec 4, 2017 7:19 AM

Aug 2014
Ericonator said:
Ardanaz said:

Sure, I'll do it when I get home :3
On the bus atm

Take your time, I'm at work atm anyways.
Dec 4, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
Very nice and of course you would save your phone..
The_Missing_Link said:

also
Dec 4, 2017 9:50 AM

May 2009

Uwa I got a mention! Thank you! You're the nice and sweet one!

Am I the only who has never seen the cats and dog!? You've got some cat/dog tax to pay here.
Dec 4, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2017
Why have you never showed us your pets Eric?
after all the *ahem* things you've showed us, why not your pets?
Dec 4, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
He showed his pets already you just never saw them @The_Missing_Link
Dec 4, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
............... Slander and libel! I did not coerce ANYTHING out of Eric!

Mr IPE-in-training, at least he owns it!!!!

I'm surprised at how non-lewd you were able to make yourself sound here, smh... good interview

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Dec 4, 2017 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
Ardanaz said:

Trust me...noone likes you...its all fake :o
Dec 4, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
esketit

Dec 4, 2017 12:54 PM

Aug 2014
Robiiii said:
Ardanaz said:

Trust me...noone likes you...its all fake :o

Dec 4, 2017 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Johan doesn't have an evil grin, it's just a sweet innocent smile of pure joy :)
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Dec 5, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2015
Send me nuds fam

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Dec 5, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
thanks for the shoutout, Eric
was a good read
Dec 6, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
Wait so when you sent a lewd pic to that certain someone jokky has absolutely no idea who it was.... you hadn't done that before?! :O

whoops ┐(‘~`;)┌
JokucDec 6, 2017 10:23 AM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 6, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2014
Jokuc said:
Wait so when you sent a lewd pic to that certain someone jokky has absolutely no idea who it was.... you hadn't done that before?! :O

whoops ┐(‘~`;)┌
Nope.

LofnEdda said:
Send me nuds fam
you first bruh
Dec 6, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
Ericonator said:
Jokuc said:
Nope.

jokky has dug a hole so deep he saw that as a normal thing to do
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 6, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2014
Jokuc said:
Ericonator said:
Nope.

Wauw >.<
Dec 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Apr 2017
Jokuc said:
Ericonator said:
Nope.

Oh my, how lewd

That was a very strange night...
Dec 6, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2014
The_Missing_Link said:
Jokuc said:

Oh my, how lewd

That was a very strange night...
True, true, true, true, true.
Dec 6, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
LofnEdda said:
Send me nuds fam

I know where you can find these 'nuds' you speak of :> in a certain #nsfw channel

teehee~

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Dec 7, 2017 5:02 AM

May 2017
Ericonator said:
Seeing as I haven’t actually beaten a Touhou game...

Illusion shattered! My world view is forever changed!

You and me both my man.
I'll have to look more into the community/fan stuff. Thanks for indulging our curiosities.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Dec 8, 2017 5:59 AM

Apr 2016
Forum games can definitely be pretty fun. Maybe I should head there more often and strengthen our camaraderie buddo.

For me, it feels as if High School made me lose touch with my enjoyment of math, possibly permanently. Maybe that's why fiction managed to usurp it for me.
Dec 9, 2017 9:35 PM

Mar 2017
eric is a persom

come, you sweet hour of death
Dec 10, 2017 2:13 AM

Mar 2014
oh my~
it's so pure, i wonder where's all the dirt o.O
i imagine your interview would be something like a compilation of NSFW though ( ¬‿¬)

anyway, it's a great stuff~ ^o^/
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.