Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
American anime licensor Sentai Filmworks has announced the English dub cast for Haikyuu!! on Friday. Kyle Jones will helm the dub, with Shannon Reed and John Swasey as assistant directors. Katelyn Barr and Jones are penning the script. The first season will be released on a Blu-ray and DVD volume, as well as a premium box set, which will go on sale on November 14. The second season will be released on January 16, 2018.

Karasuno High
Shouyou Hinata: Bryson Baugus
Tobio Kageyama: Scott Gibbs
Ryuunosuke Tanaka: Greg Cote
Daichi Sawamura: Justin Doran
Koushi Sugawara: Adam Gibbs
Yuu Nishinoya: Greg Ayres
Kei Tsukishima: Leraldo Anzaldua
Asahi Azumane: Orlanders Jones
Keishin Ukai: David Wald
Ittetsu Takeda: Gareth West
Tadashi Yamaguchi: Cameron Bautsch
Kiyoko Shimizu: Rebekah Stevens

Nekoma High
Kenma Kozuma: Clint Bickham
Taketora Yamamoto: Andrew Love
Tetsurou Kuroo: Ty Mahany
Nobuyuki Kai: Joel McCray
Shouhei Fukunaga: Matthew Carter
Sou Inuoka: Joe Daniels
Yuuki Shibayama: Santri Rush
Yasufumi Nekomata: John Swasey

Date Tech
Yasushi Kamasaki: Courtland Johnson
Kaname Moniwa: Patrick Poole
Takehito Sasaya: Gabriel Regojo
Kenji Futakuchi: Mark Ivy
Takanobu Aone: Mike Haimoto
Takurou Oiwake: Philip Hayes

Aoba Jousai High
Tooru Oikawa: Chris Patton
Issei Matsukawa: Paul Locklear
Takahiro Hanamaki: Jack Ivy
Hajime Iwaizumi: Benjamin McLaughlin
Shigeru Yahaba: Jeremy Gee
Shinji Watari: Blake Jackson
Yuutarou Kindaichi: David Matranga
Akira Kunimi: Mark Laskowski
Noburteru Irihata: John Gremillion

Voice actors with unannounced roles include: Mateo Mpinduzi-Mott, Cameron Bautsch, Adam Noble, Blake Shepard, Gabriel Regojo, Maggie Flecknoe, Carolyn Medrano, Anthony Hunter, Dano Colon, Mark Mendehlson, Jay Hickman, Ned Gayle, and Allison Sumrall.

Haikyuu!! adapts Haruichi Furudate's manga that has been serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump since February 2012. The series received three TV anime adaptations and four recap movies, each produced by Production I.G. All three seasons were simulcast by Crunchyroll.

PV

Source: Official site
Oct 8, 2017 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
>Haikyuu!!
>Getting an English dub
>Also it’s produced by Sentai Shitworks
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 8, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
Ok......but how about a 4th season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 8, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2008
I don't know who most of those people are but I'm happy with Chris Patton as Oikawa instead of Vic Lasagna.
Oct 8, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
I'm not familiar with most of the cast, either because they're new or I haven't watched any of their shows in English. I'm always open to hearing new voices in anime and the trailer doesn't sound half bad! I'm looking forward to hearing more :D
Oct 8, 2017 2:12 PM

Aug 2015
Awh man... don't know why but I was actually hoping that Haikyuu would be an anime that would only have a japanese cast haha, but oh well
Oct 8, 2017 3:20 PM

Jan 2017
doesn't sound bad but i don't have high hopes for this because sentai is making it. i guess i will stick to the subbed version.
Cyber_IcarusOct 8, 2017 3:39 PM
Oct 8, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2014
Eh, not much of a fan of Hinata & Kageyama's voices. :/

forum set by: bunnyama
Oct 8, 2017 6:15 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This has been a long time coming. If its in the same vein as that Free! dub they can keep it to themselves.

Hinata sounds pretty good. Why is Kageyama like THAT.
Oct 8, 2017 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
Kageyama didn't sound terrible in the acting department but the voice itself doesn't fit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 7:14 PM

Apr 2015
Bryson Baugus honestly is the best possible Hinata next to Greg Ayres, but Greg is already doing Nishinoya. I actually like it despite the pronunciations of names.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Been meaning to watch this for a while now. I guess now it a good time.

Hope it's a good dub because I don't generally like the quality of Sentai dubs.
Oct 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Jan 2016
I'm not a huge fan of sport anime's but the cast seems pretty solid (imo) if it's on HIDIVE I might check it out, if I enjoy it enough I'll be buying it.

But sport animes don't really resonate with me alot (I don't even really enjoy sports in real life much)

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Oct 13, 2017 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
I have no way of viewing the video, it says its unavailable?
I'll be torn as to whether I'm gonna watch this or not
I love the original cast so much, I don't know if I could stand to hear different voices
but I'll probably check it out because I love the series as a whole and want to support it no matter what
Oct 23, 2017 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Kageyama sounds a bit weird and Hinata sounds weird cuz he sounds older than his Japanese coutnerpart. I don't really know any english dub VA, but I hope they wont butcher it too much.
Nov 24, 2017 5:31 PM
Feb 2013
With the first 12 dubbed episodes out I was really really excited and hit play as fast as I could. It's safe to say that I really like this anime, the dub makes it my third time watching. But honestly I'm pretty disappointed. I thought they'd do a better job matching characters and the script could be better. When I start a new anime with a sub and dub I always compare the first episodes to see if I like both languages. I think that if I was new to the series I wouldn't mind as much, but I definitely prefer the sub over the dub. With knowing all the characters, it's really hard to see them portrayed differently because the sub is a lot more emotional. Nonetheless, I'm still going to watch because it's one of my favourite anime.
Nov 25, 2017 9:22 AM
May 2017
Oh my, how I wished for the past two years that Ayumu Murase also would be Hinata for the English dub as well considering he was born in LA and is badass at speaking English!
Nov 25, 2017 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
It was trash, as expected. This is why aliens won't visit us
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 28, 2017 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
OH GOD
REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY TRIED TO DUB A SPORTS ANIME
REMEMBER THE FREE ETERNAL SUMMER DUB
WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT

OH GOD DONT DO THIS TO MY BBYS
Nov 29, 2017 6:43 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Listened to a few more previews and I can confirm it's TERRIBLE. Noya voice made me cry it was so bad and I heard "dude" in more than one clip. NO THANKS.

nicethings said:
OH GOD
WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT

They don't learn. They'll never learn.

Nov 29, 2017 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Stripesu said:
Listened to a few more previews and I can confirm it's TERRIBLE. Noya voice made me cry it was so bad and I heard "dude" in more than one clip. NO THANKS.

nicethings said:
OH GOD
WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT

They don't learn. They'll never learn.

When’re they going to realize that even the men who watch sports anime think that slang is unappealing and unrealistic? Japanese sports players don’t say that shit, pretty sure not even all American sports players say that shit. It’s an embarrassing travesty that they think that’s how men who play sports sound in general. Talk about patheitc stereotyping.
Nov 29, 2017 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
@nicethings
>THE FREE ETERNAL SUMMER DUB
Nico- said:
Nov 29, 2017 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
@nicethings

dub butchery of sports anime is truly the reason why we can’t have nice things.
I don’t want them touching bungou stray dogs either, all my babies even in the non sports category don’t deserve this shit

anyway, have this fake dub that’s better than the real thing
removed-userNov 29, 2017 9:58 AM
Nov 29, 2017 8:02 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
nicethings said:
Comic_Sans said:
@nicethings

dub butchery of sports anime is truly the reason why we can’t have nice things.
I don’t want them touching bungou stray dogs either, all my babies even in the non sports category don’t deserve this shit

anyway, have this fake dub that’s better than the real thing

Don't say that, you might jinx Bungou stray dogs.
Dec 10, 2017 10:38 AM
Dec 2017
As a anime fan, i've got to say that some of the people in the comments are disgustingly rude. Especially the comment about " if it's dubbed it succs lol" , are you seriously that immature you would let your feelings blind you? This dub is actually pretty decent compared to others, despite all the elitists out there who think japanese subs will always be the best. The voices match the characters almost on point, the spirit of the voice actors is AMAZING (especially during a match) and I still get the exact same vibe i would from the subbed.

Anime is a worldwide thing. Not just a JAPANESE thing. Which means english speakers can dub an anime if they see fit. Don't judge an anime just because it's a dub.
Dec 10, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
@Taiyaki_God
As a anime fan, i've got to say that some of the people in the comments are disgustingly rude.
What does you being an anime fan have to do with anything? Are you implying people who don't agree with your specific view on anime aren't "true" anime fans?
Especially the comment about " if it's dubbed it succs lol" , are you seriously that immature you would let your feelings blind you?
Your whole post can be summed up as "muh feelings" and how people are super rude just because they disagree with you. Who's the one being blinded by their feelings now?
This dub is actually pretty decent compared to others, despite all the elitists out there who think japanese subs will always be the best.
Most of the people here wouldn't watch any type of media dubbed regardless of language. To act as if it's an anime only thing is dishonest.
The voices match the characters almost on point, the spirit of the voice actors is AMAZING (especially during a match) and I still get the exact same vibe i would from the subbed.
And? Does that mean everybody else has to agree with you?
Anime is a worldwide thing. Not just a JAPANESE thing.
Of course anime is a Japanese thing. What's next? Hollywood isn't American? The French new wave wasn't French?
Which means english speakers can dub an anime
Nice non sequitur
if they see fit.
And people are perfectly within their rights to criticize said dub if they see fit. Or what, are you one of those people who think freedom of speech is a one way street?
Don't judge an anime just because it's a dub.
That sentence doesn't make sense. Anime aren't dubs.
Comic_SansDec 10, 2017 11:05 AM
Nico- said:

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
22 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.