Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 28, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't help but laugh at Eizan for his defeat at the hands of Souma. He deserved that. Even Erina is starting to understand Souma better. I think her views of him is starting to change a lot more.

Other Elite 10 members make cameo (including Momo!)
As strange as Momo is, she is very talented especially when it come sweets. I'm impressed.

Nov 28, 2017 8:44 AM
Mar 2017
uhm... what I can say for this episode is ..........not fully satissfied.
Q; why ?
A: as a reader,
Manga Spoilers Ahead

9/10

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:48 PM
Nov 28, 2017 10:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I swear to god if Ryo loses I'm gonna be PISSED

I'm proud of Isshiki for doing what he did but man I don't like these new cunts that they replaced him and Erina with, but oh well, I hope that they go through with the foreshadowing for a Souma + Takumi teamup Shokugeki
TokoyaNov 28, 2017 10:13 AM
Nov 28, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2015
Oh yeah was there those 4 before? don't remember saw them on manga.

Was that and error? after Momo put the glove on next scene already without it again.
Into the Internet!
Nov 28, 2017 10:18 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Very nice episode. Everyone at Polar Star is happy that Souma won and Eizan and that they wont be shut down so they celebrate. As for the other organizations, they're being 'hunted' so Souma and everyone else watches the matches. Momo is very cute using her bear's hands as mits and Isshiki gets taken out of the Elite Ten but it doesnt matter since Central sucks anyways. Seeing Rentaro verses Kurokiba is gonna be cool to see.

Very excited for the next episode.
Nov 28, 2017 10:24 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great to see Polar Star celebrating survival. And now the other club's have a chance to survive. But they have to go up against one of the Elite 10. Speaking of, it looks like they're purging the ones that voted against the new Headmaster. Perhaps they'll be potential allies soon?

This show does a great job of making you despise the bad guys.

Go Ryo! Kick that punk's ass!
Nov 28, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode.

Isshiki lost his position,but not without spitting Central in the soup.

And I can't say it enough,but Momo is really a cutie and I liked Rindous reactions too, her complaining was hilarious xD

Kurokiba is another one of my fav characters,him switching his attitude is just amusing to watch, hyped for his Shokugeki.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2017 10:30 AM
Aug 2017
Isshiki with his clothes on?! Still getting used to that.
Nov 28, 2017 10:33 AM
Jul 2017
Wtf? They cut a very improtant thing of the manga.
Nov 28, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
Ryo BETTER WIN!!!! goddamn that "elite" bio is annoying
Ahhh the arc just gets me so fire up! I wanna fight some of these Central people too

Can't wait for the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
Isshiki gets thrown out of the council but signs in some good shokugeki clauses in before he leaves XD
Momo a cute and now ryo vs central guy.
Nov 28, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2016
I don't know why but I think this season won't be successful I don't like this kinda problem that appeared I miss the good old days of this show.
Nov 28, 2017 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was a good one. Looking forward to more in the future. X3
Nov 28, 2017 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
The big reveal is coming soon.
Nov 28, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
I wonder what seat Erina would be if she didn't "restrain" herself...

SigmaRhoIota said:
Isshiki with his clothes on?! Still getting used to that.
He got stark naked soon after though xDD

SidVicious said:
The big reveal is coming soon.
Everyone and their mother is waiting for that.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 28, 2017 11:03 AM
Apr 2014

This is something subtle thrown in here that would probably be relevant someday, I don't even remember it from the manga, I won't be surprised by Erina's hidden true power level, maybe some will call her Cooking Mary Sue.

Nov 28, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
I like the fact they stated the reason Souma won against Eizan was because Eizan had to think a dish halfway through the match and he wasn't cooking his especiality, so it has sense now how Souma, as good as he is, could beat a member of the Elite 10 (they are the elite for something after all).

Azami ends kicking the members of the elite who opposed him. I'm kinda happy, since that means Isshiki won't be an antagonist and he is going to be on the "good side" for now. Kuga will probably join them too, considering he wants to beat Tsukasa, and I don't have a clue what the big guy with the hat is going to do.

I love how Alice doesn't gives a fuck about her club, but once Ryo goes mad, she lets the duel happens. What a lady, lmao.
Nov 28, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2017
oh come on it's way too obvious Ryou will win

Nov 28, 2017 11:41 AM
Nov 2016
Felt more like a build up and they skipped one very important scene from the manga.

I can't wait to see Ryo kick that proud dude's ass.
Nov 28, 2017 11:49 AM
Mar 2016
DISAPOINTED
THEY SKIP THE MOST GREAT SCENE ON THIS ARC

STUPID PRODUCER
Nov 28, 2017 11:52 AM
May 2017
damn another great episode, it was nice to see love between polar star dorm members and Erina is getting to know Soma more and more and starting to like him though i'm still waiting for her to know about Soma's father. Ryou vs Central guy, i'm having this feeling that Ryou might end up losing to him
Nov 28, 2017 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
Ohhh did they skip a big manga moment or did they skip it on purpose to do it later.

Either way SHOKUGEKI HYPE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2017 11:56 AM
May 2017
I feel that ryo will lose 2-1
Nov 28, 2017 11:58 AM
May 2017
Hamudanu said:
DISAPOINTED

STUPID PRODUCER
what chapter is that?
Nov 28, 2017 12:28 PM

Feb 2017
Really disappointed that they skipped a crucial scene from the manga.
I'm pretty sure it'll be shown as a flashback soon, but nontheless, I was really looking forward seeing it in today's episode.

That aside, the episode was okay. They indruduced some cannon fodder guys which will be forgotten right after their shokugeki, but not much happened besides that.

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
Nov 28, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
KILLER-MODE KUROKIBA IS BACK.

And i'm loving it.

(That chocolate cake thou, i was literally drooling)

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 28, 2017 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
When Ryou (Alice's partner) was shouting at the very end, I just kept thinking how he sounded so fucking annoying and reminded me of the blond dude from Boku no Hero. It turns out that really is Bakugou's VA lmao..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 28, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
So Isshiki got kicked out of the Elite Ten (along with Kuga and the big dude with the hat) but he doesn't seem to mind at all. The clubs that risked closure can now fight for survival, but that won't be easy against the Elite Ten and the reserves that Central brought on. I was hoping to see a Souma/Takumi team up against that jackass with the face tattoo, but it looks like Ryo will face him instead. Lol Alice's explanation for how she and Ryo got involved in this mess was pretty funny.

Zelev said:
When Ryou (Alice's partner) was shouting at the very end, I just kept thinking how he sounded so fucking annoying and reminded me of the blond dude from Boku no Hero. It turns out that really is Bakugou's VA lmao..

Well, it could be worse...like Asta from Black Clover's VA.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:51 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 28, 2017 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hisako speaking greatly of Souma again. It's way too adorable how much their friendship has grown :D Friendly reminder that she's the most beautiful character according to the author.

Kurokiba back in action HELL YEAH!
Nov 28, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
So Isshiki got kicked out of the Elite Ten (along with Kuga and the big dude with the hat) but he doesn't seem to mind at all. The clubs that risked closure can now fight for survival, but that won't be easy against the Elite Ten and the reserves that Central brought on. I was hoping to see a Souma/Takumi team up against that jackass with the face tattoo, but it looks like Ryo will face him instead. Lol Alice's explanation for how she and Ryo got involved in this mess was pretty funny.

Zelev said:

Well, it could be worse...like Asta from Black Clover's VA.

True. It can always be worse, especially with that example. Yikes.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:51 PM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 28, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2016
Isshiki losing his position was quite obvious but he did a smart last move before that xD Still I don't think the director will be free of nuisances. And we are getting an intense food battle with Ryo next week :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 28, 2017 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Hamudanu said:
DISAPOINTED

STUPID PRODUCER

Even though I read the manga I freaked out when I clicked on the spoiler button.
Nov 28, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
The Polar Star dorm has been saved and the Shokugeki has been revived thanks to Souma. Lol Erina and Hisako's reaction upon seeing the naked apron during the celebration.

The Elite 10 members that voted against Azami gets relieved from their seats minus Erina.
Eizan looks very salty since his humiliating loss against Souma. Momo is cute. The way she pulls the paws off of her Bucchi to be used as mittens for cooking.

Now it's Ryou's turn to be in the spotlight for his Shokugeki match against Rentaro.
SilentSnakeNov 28, 2017 2:12 PM

Credit to Hihanteki
Nov 28, 2017 1:54 PM
Jul 2017
i was so hyped for the big reveal leading up to these 150 chapters of the manga and OFC THEY JUST HAD TO SKIP IT ;_; most likely they've re-arranged the next couple of chapters, scene-wise and will just add it in at some poiint (maybe the next episode or one after that if they are looking to troll manga readers xD) BUT I WILL BE PATIENT AND WAIT even though it hurts lol
Nov 28, 2017 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
WTF they've decided to include some patisserie here, but that's a different level, that's like a McGregor vs Mayweather fight....
Nov 28, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 2014
After Soma's win against Eizan, Central has now begun to accept any Shokugeki's from clubs who want to avoid closure, with neutral judges to judge the cooking from the challenges and central themselves. Although Soma wasn't too satisfied with his win since he knows Eizan would've done better if he took the challenge more seriously, at least his win was important to everyone else in the institute who're fighting central's rules.

However, Azami has made his next move by removing the elite ten members who're against him. Those are Tosuke, Kuga and, of course, Satoshi. Not surprisingly, Erina's still part of the council, with his rather absurd belief that she'll return to him. I hope that Erina will see sense in the end and reject her father's teachings for good one day. =)

The only downside that I have for this episode was a very important scene that took place before the start of central's Shokugeki marathon against the clubs and Research Societies. I'm hoping that the producers have re-arranged its appearance in the adaptation, otherwise the manga readers here will be out for blood. =/

All in all, this was still a pretty good episode. =)
Nov 28, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Loved Hisako's and Erina's reaction to naked apron Isshiki xD
Looking forward to see Ryo mop the floor with that guy!
Nov 28, 2017 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
A bit off topic but can I mention how adorable Momo looks? I mean, the fact that looks adorable + her hair is purple makes me feel like screaming, and I wanna hug her Lol.

Other than that, the episode was rather obvious that it was a bit rushed, however the impact was still there regardless of that fact. Isshiki got kicked out as expected, but the fact that he didn't mind it at all and how he took it was pretty... actually, it took me by surprise.

A lot of people are holding the big revelation and I did got told about it, so I can't wait to see that honestly o.o
Nov 28, 2017 3:19 PM

Jan 2017
I jus' clocked that this is a feel-good anime that eats away at the back of your head, screaming out the way the story will take...

Meh, don't care either way, 'cause it's so enjoyable

(I feel as though I've overrated it somehow)

@nerfx hey we got the same Signature šŸ˜‹
Nov 28, 2017 3:36 PM
Jun 2017
Im just here to say that.... IM FUCKING TRIGGERDD

ty.
Nov 28, 2017 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Sooo... the rest of the season will be plagued with those club shokugeki and would be elites? I hope not, that would be bore.

Tadokoro jumping on the bike behind Souma like it was nothing was just telling how close they are (also, remember their regular nightly conversations on the balcony).

But Momo was also cute, can't wait for more Souma's interactions with her. Need more Erina.
Nov 28, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
I'm rather surprised that this episode skipped a really big scene from the manga. It's important in a lot of ways. I bet there will be a flashback to it, but the impact will likely not be the same.
Nov 28, 2017 4:56 PM

Apr 2016
the designs of the new characters introduced in this episode were seriously awesome, the pink haired girl looks like a new waifu
also Momo is adorable
Nov 28, 2017 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
A pretty big scene was skipped in this episode but I’m assuming that they’ll put it in later.

These central scrubs are already a complete joke. Loved seeing Takumi pointing out that the guy bragging about being elite showed he didn’t have enough talent as a cook.

I’m looking forward to Kurokiba putting this scrub in his place.
Nov 28, 2017 6:04 PM

Nov 2011
Momo is cute, I hope her and Souma could be friends that would be pretty cool. We also havent seen a Main Shokugeki with Deserts as the main issue so I'd like to see that eventually.

Aww man Kana Hana serious character strike again. Nene <3 lol.

I wonder what is going to happen to Tousuke and if he will get any screen time at all. I mean he was the third seat and now...he's nothing. Along with Kuga gone as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 28, 2017 6:09 PM
Mar 2016
DeitysDynasty said:
Hamudanu said:
DISAPOINTED

STUPID PRODUCER
what chapter is that?

the end of chapter 149

G_Spark233 said:
A pretty big scene was skipped in this episode but I’m assuming that they’ll put it in later.

These central scrubs are already a complete joke. Loved seeing Takumi pointing out that the guy bragging about being elite showed he didn’t have enough talent as a cook.

I’m looking forward to Kurokiba putting this scrub in his place.

they skip it (maybe they will move that part to another episode, well lets pray)
but in the fact they skip most Important Scene on this episode
Manga Spoilers Ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:54 PM
Nov 28, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2017
Kurokiba Ryou vs Rentarou = HYPE!!
Nov 28, 2017 7:11 PM

Oct 2017
Good episode but I REALLY don’t like that they cut out that part.
Nov 28, 2017 8:05 PM
Sep 2017
why did they cut the important moment from the manga???..Someone pls explain
Nov 28, 2017 8:48 PM
Oct 2017
blank_ernimae27 said:
why did they cut the important moment from the manga???..Someone pls explain

For better climax of the first half, i guess
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.