Forum Settings
Forums

List some Single Male Harem shows you think would be better had there been a 2nd male in the main cast.

New
Nov 26, 2017 11:10 PM
Jul 2015
There are quite the number of Harem series, particularly Battle Harems, where there is only one male in the main cast and the rest are all females. I've watched some of them, and I think the character interactions are pretty boring and uninteresting due to a lack of another male character. If there's a 2nd male in the main cast, we could at least see more dynamic interactions and more variety in character chemistry, and I could list my own examples of such interesting elements, such as :

1. In gag/comedic scenes, the Author could depict the 2nd male lead being good friends with 2 girls and all 3 of them playfully joke and tease the 1st male lead whenever that guy quarrels or fights a lot with his main girl, calling them out on their "Lovers Quarrel", then they both reject their assumption that they like each other, for example. Or have the 2nd male lead team up with his own girl(s) to tease and make fun of the 1st male lead whenever that guy gets involved in Lucky Sukebe moments with the girl that likes him.

2. Can portray 2 different groups of girls that would each like any of the 2 male leads of their choice depending on who starts interacting with who, which girl the 1st and 2nd male leads had the chance to initiate some memorable events with, and which male lead gets their flags raised for which girls, et cetera. This would increase the number of scenes and will demand the Author to flesh out more for all of those female characters and 2 male leads, so it'll result in a more bigger, grander and far more epic sense of realism and immersion in the show's world and character dynamics.

For now, I think that Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut would be prime examples, along with Asterisk War, on how much better those shows would be had there been a 2nd male lead in them that also had decent screentime, portrayed as a strong character, and also gets his own girl(s) like the MC or 1st male lead.

To provide some good examples of how much better Harem shows would've been had there been a 2nd male in the main cast, I'd like to show you 3 fanfics written by Japanese Authors on a WebNovel site that I just found recently while Googling that made me realize how entertaining Battle Harem shows with 2 male leads could be. Here they are :

1. Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu - Hyouketsu no Kenbuki >>> https://syosetu.org/novel/112154/

I have read that fanfic above, and It's a fanfic version of Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu with the subtitle, Hyouketsu no Kenbuki, written by the Author there, named 舞翼 , and in it, Kazehaya Kamito is not the only male other than the bad guy Jio that can contract with Elementals, but also a 2nd good male character the Author created, whose name is Kakeru.

In that fanfic, Kamito still mostly interacts with his main girl, Claire, but Kakeru, which this story focuses on, gets paired with another cutie girl who's a new original character created by the Author. I find the story much more dynamic and fun to read than the original work, as I really smiled a lot reading how Kakeru too gets his own Bishoujo Elemental that is a real young adult/late teen woman, while Kamito's Elemental, Est, is the typical Loli that we see in the Anime and source material LN. So far Kakeru has both his pretty Elemental girl, and his own female companion classmate in his own company, while Kamito, just like in the original work, mostly interacts with the Tsundere, Claire, which is the main girl for Kamito like in the source.

I was really entertained reading this story, as both Kamito and Kakeru are OP males in Areisha Academy, as none of the other girls have human-figured high-level Elementals as both the 2 male leads. The Author was also very good at writing the story by giving both those 2 males their own spotlights, so I don't feel like as if Kamito's character gets butchered just to make the other new original male character look better.

Both males are portrayed in a positive light, and both gets some cuties being paired with both of them. There's also a funny scene where Ellis scolded Kamito but not Kakeru, and that's because Kamito's Est looks like a 9 year old Loli but Kakeru's Elemental girl, looks like an older young adult around late High School Age.

Both Kamito and Kakeru are both paired with their respective girls, and I am quite relieved that the main girl for Kakeru is not a Tsundere like Kamito's main girl, so I think that story is more fun to read than the source material, IMHO.

Of course, the Author there hadn't wrote scenes from Kamito's perspective with his interactions with Claire, as we can already read that in the First Volume of the LN. But, a new original series could easily cover both male leads' POVs, however that would mean the story would be much longer.

So, a dual male protagonist story where the Author needs to write more scenes covering both males' POVs would result in a much longer story compared to a Single Male Lead Harem, but the benefits outweight the losses, as we as readers will be able to enjoy more entertaining and funny slice of life comedic and heartwarming moments and scenes involving the 2 groups of girls that will each like any of the 2 male leads of their choice depending on who starts interacting with who, which girl the 1st and 2nd male leads had the chance to initiate some memorable events with, and which male lead gets their flags raised for which girls, et cetera.

It's more fun to read that than the original work, so please read it for those of you here that can read Japanese. You will feel far more entertained reading it than you will the first volume of the LN, this I can promise.

So that is one example of an evidence that proves how a Harem Anime with a large female cast would become far more entertaining and superior just with the addition of a second male main cast character, as it gives more options for relationship dynamics and couplings, and more innovative gag/comedic scenes, where the 2nd male lead can team up with one of the other girls to tease and playfully joke with the 1st male lead coupled with his main girl, just to provide an example. Boke and Tsukkomi scenes will be far more funnier with such settings.

It's an evidence of how you can create a show with so many cute female characters but at the same time, feature 2 OP male protagonists that each gets their own respective single girls or small harems, and make the story be far more enjoyable than Harem series with just one male lead.

2. Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut -- Aoki Eiyuu >>> https://syosetu.org/novel/73807/

It's a fanfic where not just Lux, but another male too attends that Academy, resulting in 2 males starring in it amidst a background of a predominantly female environment. That 2nd guy named Yuuki was created by the Author, and I find his character and Lux's both likeable and cool.

In that fanfic, both those 2 males each gets their own girl, and we can read that Lux's main girl is still Lisesharte like in the Source Material, and Phillufy is quite close to Lux as his childhood friend, while Yuuki gets Relie Aingram as his mother-like figure, Airi as his main girl since Airi is depicted to feel a romantic attraction to Yuuki instead of his brother ( a good move by the Author as he clearly is not in favor of an incest-pairing ), and Noct Leaflet as a good friend.

I find the 2 harem groups with those different girls focusing their affection on 2 different males more cuter, adorable, and believable to read/watch than the Source Material where all the girls like just one guy.

3. Juuou Mujin no Fafnir -- Futarime no Haikikennousha https://syosetu.org/novel/40438/

Very good story. Second male is quite OP too, like Mononobe Yuu. Story focuses mostly from the POV of this second male created by the Author. Main girl for the second male is Firill, while main girl for Yuu is still Iris like in the Source Material.

No solid and obvious distinguishable harem groups for both guys, as the second guy and Firill have already started dating, and most of the other girls interact equally with both males as just friends and comrades without feeling that much attracted to either males. Besides, none of the girls would want to disturb the second male's relationship with Firill anyways. Mitsuki treats both his brother and the second guy equally well as trusted fighting companions in battling the Dragons.

This fanfic is a good example why there needs to be a 2nd male in a majority female cast to make it more interesting than one with just a single male.

4. For people here that can read Japanese, you can read this fanfic I found on this site while searching for "Kurosaki Ichigo Crossover Harem" in Japanese using Google Search >> https://syosetu.org/novel/37693/

Summary Points :

1. Crossover is with Infinite Stratos characters.
2. Ichigo gets quite the number of girls to like him, including Sarashiki Tatenashi ( Poor Tatenashi becomes the receiving end of violence from other girls in many gag scenes in this fanfic as she tries to approach Ichigo more intimately )
3. Very entertaining to read.
4. Ichika still gets his 2 childhood friends and Cecilia in his own small harem, while Tatenashi, her sister, and Laura is under Ichigo's harem, so there are two harem groups in this story, but most of the scenes only focus on Ichigo, as Ichigo is the MC in this fanfic.
5. Main girl for Ichigo is Sarashiki Kanzashi ( I much prefer her than the original source material's Orihime, as Orihime does nothing but cry and cry "Kurosaki-kun" all the time like a weak damsel in distress. I prefer strong women.
6. This fanfic is proof of concept that having 2 males in a harem series each getting their own girls doesn't minimize the Moe-ness and Cute Factor of any series with a majority female cast. 2 males in main cast Rulz.
7. This fanfic is so good that it entertained me greatly, resulting in my hoping that this'd get an Anime Adaptation ( Which 100 % won't happen anyways due to many complicated factors )
8. Ichigo is kinda like the Typical Cheat Harem Protagonist in this fanfic, as none of the other IS characters including the source MC, Ichika and Chifuyu are stronger than Ichigo, who is a Captain-Class Shinigami. Most of the fights Ichigo does in this fanfic is done in his own IS unit and using just Shikai as a Shinigami.
9. Thank god Ichika's role as MC is replaced by Ichigo, as I don't quite like Ichika, Houki, and Rin ( which are still a 2nd small harem group in this fanfic while the 1st harem group is led by Ichigo and his girls Kanzashi, Laura, Tatenashi, and 1 new created character.

Please read it. It would entertain you greatly than the source material, IMHO. The only problem is the Author hasn't updated it for 2 years, so I feel really eager to read the continuation.

My Final Conclusion :

All of those 4 Fanfics above provide great examples of how much better and more entertaining Harem shows would be had there been a 2nd male in the main cast that'll also get his own girlfriend or company of girls in his own harem, so I think there should be more such LNs and Animes with 2 males in a majority female cast, as it's so much more interesting to see girls flocking into 2 different groups liking 2 different males based on the circumstances and interactions they'd get themselves into, compared to Single Male Harems where there'd be mostly 1 large group of girls focused only on one guy.

An ideal cast for such a Double Male Lead Harem show would be 2 males and 6-7 females in the main cast, with a few more female supporting characters.

Making such a Double Male Lead Harem might make the story much longer, as the Author must write more scenes depicting the POV from those 2 male leads/2 harem groups with both getting decent screentime, but the result would be fabulous and fantastic for us readers/viewers, as we'd get to see so many interesting character relationship dynamics than shows/stories with just one single male in it.

So, do you have a list of Harem shows you think would be better had there been a 2nd male in the main cast that also gets some of the female cast to like him ?
CoolitzHubertXVINov 27, 2017 3:30 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Mar 2017
No, there isn't any. I don't see the point of injecting another harem into a harem. It doesn't add any depth. The point of a harem is to have X fight over Y. Not have X fight over Y, and A fight over B. And as far as fighting each other in some form of battle arc (which you've posted about numerous times as well), that's what antagonists and any other number of characters are for.

I can't believe i actually answered one of these. I think you need to expand your tastes OP.
RegisteredNameNov 27, 2017 12:24 AM
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 27, 2017 12:24 AM
Aug 2017
Seitokai no Ichizon could be a little better ;)
Anime.exe Has been updated to version 2.0

Anime.exe will take take over AnzoDK and make him watch 3 hours a day

Cuz fuck me :)

Nov 27, 2017 12:26 AM

Jul 2015
I would not give nisekoi 1/10 if every girl have it partner

Same for re zero , Remu deserves better ending
tragedydesuNov 27, 2017 12:30 AM
Nov 27, 2017 12:35 AM

Apr 2013
All of them, shipping each girl with one guy is just more fun than shipping all the girls with one guy.
Nov 27, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2015
I see you still haven't given up on this dumb shit op...

Harem anime are wish-fulfillment to begin with, so having many girls chase after one guy is the "ideal thing" to do. Maybe if I were a cuck, I would like your idea op, but no thanks, I dislike harem anime already and for different reasons.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 27, 2017 12:59 AM

Sep 2017
Single male lead is better. You can ship your favorite female character with a single male character. It is more fun than a 2nd male lead.
It will ruin the point of harem.
Nov 27, 2017 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
RegisteredName said:
No, there isn't any. I don't see the point of injecting another harem into a harem. It doesn't add any depth. The point of a harem is to have X fight over Y. Not have X fight over Y, and A fight over B. And as far as fighting each other in some form of battle arc (which you've posted about numerous times as well), that's what antagonists and any other number of characters are for.

I can't believe i actually answered one of these. I think you need to expand your tastes OP.

Agree
Adding other male harem doesnt solve the problem if the character is going to be generic and the story doesnt had any depth.

Likewise it has been mentioned multiple times it depends on how it executed.
Stuff like Smart Phone got praised becausse theres at least an alpha female to entertain us.
Similiar to To Love-Ru where theres an alpha female on the group.

Meanwhile stuff like the fucking Infinite Stratos,Hundred,Saijaku Muhai no bahamut,etc or someshit that similiar use harem as a fanservice.
Idk how it'll end hopefully a harem ending as conclusion or it'll be a typical MC will pick the first tsundere bitch all over again.
I had no grude against tsundere and harem but the cliche has been going for years, and i am growing tired of it.

So i had to pick specific title which route different way than usual.

So yeah expand your taste, dont just read/watch every generic harem.
LaxusDUchiha said:
Single male lead is better. You can ship your favorite female character with a single male character. It is more fun than a 2nd male lead.
It will ruin the point of harem.

Exactly, adding second male lead wont be a harem anymore worst it'll cause a damn NTR.
Nov 27, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2017
tragedydesu said:

Totally agree with you. Nisekoi is fun as a harem. I wouldn't watch it if it has a 2nd male lead. Thank God no 2nd male lead to ruin our ships.
Nov 27, 2017 1:13 AM

Dec 2014
LaxusDUchiha said:
tragedydesu said:

Totally agree with you. Nisekoi is fun as a harem. I wouldn't watch it if it has a 2nd male lead. Thank God no 2nd male lead to ruin our ships.

You got him all wrong, he has shit taste, so he wants Onodera or Rem to win, that's why the presence of another 2nd male lead has no effect.
Nov 27, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2013
I would sacrifice one of my kidneys to have an anime with both the OP and @Manaban as the main characters, each one with it own harem. It would be wonderful.
Nov 27, 2017 1:51 AM

Apr 2016
That's the longest post i ever seen regarding harem shows.
Nov 27, 2017 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
Single male harems have really crappy character development. Adding another guy doesn't really help.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 27, 2017 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
Like I said before OP is in some need for Rokujouma no Shinryakusha.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 27, 2017 2:54 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just put a bullet through my head and end it all for me right now please

Illyricus said:
I would sacrifice one of my kidneys to have an anime with both the OP and @Manaban as the main characters, each one with it own harem. It would be wonderful.

i absolutely refuse, not at all, nope

Nov 27, 2017 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
@Manaban, do you remember this quote of mine of the fujoshi thread?

Illyricus said:
Manaban said:
here's hoping this is AD's only really retarded thread today

maybe today could be a good day
Oh, my sweet summer child, if I have learn something of AD threads, is that it doesn't matters how bad a thread can be, since there always come a worse one after that.

I told you :p
Nov 27, 2017 3:14 AM

Feb 2015
Actually, just because you added another dense fucking motherfucking bitch in the story, doesn't just make it a simple algebra question of if you multiply a negative to a negative makes it a positive.

Inb4 there's a lot of traps in harem series

GG
Nov 27, 2017 3:32 AM

Apr 2017
Oh god, not this again.. when will we get rid of this shit..

I think that eva would be so much better with 2 protagonists. I want the second to be kaworu so that he can get more screen time :)

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 27, 2017 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
How about no harems? How about ONLY 2 people are in love with each other? A love story between two characters always work out much better than a harem series.
Nov 27, 2017 6:54 AM

Oct 2013
Good Heavens please stop. OP stop complaining about this shit and just watch Zero no Tsukaima
it has lots of guys characters 2 of which have girlfriends

You can even watch Index as it'll have 3 main guy characters
Nov 27, 2017 7:01 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Illyricus said:

Illyricus said:
Oh, my sweet summer child, if I have learn something of AD threads, is that it doesn't matters how bad a thread can be, since there always come a worse one after that.

I mean, this OP is kind of special. He spams this topic endlessly and makes even discussing harems in any capacity difficult by forcibly trying to derail any thread he doesn't make into a discussion about a harem with 2 MCs. And if he makes a harem thread, it's either overt about it like this, or it has a different title and it talks about the title of the topic for a bit before just derailing into "harem with 2 MCs" like you could see in his reverse harem thread. Most of his posts themselves are just copy/paste spam of him quoting users who agreed with him in archived 2chan threads from years ago. He even copy/pastes the exact same posts across multiple threads.

Can't talk to him about it, either, he never responds to anybody and just spams posts of people who agreed with him on 2chan even more. And if you don't respond, it doesn't matter, he'll just keep spamming posts in the middle of other discussions people are having about this in the exact same way.

Dekn brought up taking it to the mods and trying to make a case for it last night, and I wouldn't be at all opposed to it tbh. I mean, he could start actually trying to discuss the topic and just sort of ease back and not just try to forcibly derail every thread into this topic and there'd be no issue whatsoever, but as it stands it really just seems like he's spamming with the intent of being an obnoxious shit and getting in people's way and clogging up these kinds of threads with "muh harem with 2 MCs" posts, and he doesn't even have the generosity to make the post different each time, it can be blatant copy/paste spam if you look at it. Either that, or he's got impressively awful social skills, even for a MAL user.

Personally, though, I think he's one of those really good shitposters who manages to legitimately convince people that he's genuine. If so, kudos to him for that if nothing else, because he has been pretty successful at it. Not being spammy enough to where it would be blatant, but still being spammy enough to where it clogs up everything and annoys people. The epitome of balance.
ManabanNov 27, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 27, 2017 7:46 AM
Aug 2016
Oh yes, my daily dose of harem threads, thanks.
Nov 27, 2017 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
Illyricus said:

I mean, this OP is kind of special. He spams this topic endlessly and makes even discussing harems in any capacity difficult by forcibly trying to derail any thread he doesn't make into a discussion about a harem with 2 MCs. And if he makes a harem thread, it's either overt about it like this, or it has a different title and it talks about the title of the topic for a bit before just derailing into "harem with 2 MCs" like you could see in his reverse harem thread. Most of his posts themselves are just copy/paste spam of him quoting users who agreed with him in archived 2chan threads from years ago. He even copy/pastes the exact same posts across multiple threads.

Can't talk to him about it, either, he never responds to anybody and just spams posts of people who agreed with him on 2chan even more. And if you don't respond, it doesn't matter, he'll just keep spamming posts in the middle of other discussions people are having about this in the exact same way.

Dekn brought up taking it to the mods and trying to make a case for it last night, and I wouldn't be at all opposed to it tbh. I mean, he could start actually trying to discuss the topic and just sort of ease back and not just try to forcibly derail every thread into this topic and there'd be no issue whatsoever, but as it stands it really just seems like he's spamming with the intent of being an obnoxious shit and getting in people's way and clogging up these kinds of threads with "muh harem with 2 MCs" posts, and he doesn't even have the generosity to make the post different each time, it can be blatant copy/paste spam if you look at it. Either that, or he's got impressively awful social skills, even for a MAL user.

Personally, though, I think he's one of those really good shitposters who manages to legitimately convince people that he's genuine. If so, kudos to him for that if nothing else, because he has been pretty successful at it. Not being spammy enough to where it would be blatant, but still being spammy enough to where it clogs up everything and annoys people. The epitome of balance.
At least you have to admit his dedication to post his shit and derail threads is kinda admirable, not everyone has that big patience to keep doing that every single day. Especially when you start making the rest of the users hate your guts.

From what I heard, it just happens that OP has an harem story with two male main characters and just want to give himself publicity, i.e., he is spamming.
Nov 27, 2017 8:12 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Illyricus said:
Manaban said:

At least you have to admit his dedication to post his shit and derail threads is kinda admirable, not everyone has that big patience to keep doing that every single day. Especially when you start making the rest of the users hate your guts.

From what I heard, it just happens that OP has an harem story with two male main characters and just want to give himself publicity, i.e., he is spamming.

yeah

when he started out i remember him leaving his e-mail address in case any publisher saw his story and wanted to contact about it

but i think it's better to pretend he's a well-thought out shitposter so shhhhhh

Nov 27, 2017 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
Illyricus said:

yeah

when he started out i remember him leaving his e-mail address in case any publisher saw his story and wanted to contact about it

but i think it's better to pretend he's a well-thought out shitposter so shhhhhh
Cannot argue against that logic, tbh.
Nov 27, 2017 2:04 PM

Mar 2017
Manaban said:

Someone give this man an award. This post echoes my sentiments exactly.

Here is a quote from me in one of his previous threads:
RegisteredName said:
Know what's almost as impressive as the Olympic medal-worthy, Guinness record-holding amount of threads and posts OP has made on this subject? The fact that not one of his replies in his own threads acknowledges anyone's responses to him.

It's like he's a bot programmed to post about a two male MC harem anime.

Nov 27, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
I mean completely ignoring a majority of the post are we just going to skim over the fact OP unironically tried to use fanfics to justify his point?

Because as everyone knows fanfics are clearly the highest tier of totally plausible depictions of canon content, just look at cases like the sonic or super smash bros. fandoms.
Nov 27, 2017 2:21 PM

Jun 2017
I've really come to believe that you're some kind of bot
you have to stop.
Nov 28, 2017 11:03 PM
Jul 2015
I have also found another story that proves how 2 Males in a Battle Harem environment would really be much better than one with just a Single Male. Here is an example of that story which I just found while searching via Google, and it is a Crossover Isekai Fanfic with Bleach MC Ichigo with characters from Infinte Stratos, Mahouka Koukousei and many others here >> https://syosetu.org/novel/87278/

In this Fanfic Version, for the Infinite Stratos Arc, Ichigo gets his main girl Cecilia, Laura and Tatenashi in his harem, while Ichika sticks with his 2nd harem group of 2 childhood friends Houki and Rin, and Charlotte.

It was highly entertaining for me, so I do hope that in the future, more LN Authors would write new original Battle stories with 2 males in the main cast with both getting decent screentime, portrayed equally as strong characters, and both of those good and kind honorable male leads with distinct personalities each getting their own respective harem of very loyal and dedicated female comrades.

So, yes, 2 males in a Battle Harem setting would be make for an extremely and amusingly entertaining story, as each of those 2 males would be getting their own respective harem groups.

Such a setting of 2 Harem groups would also make a Tournament Arc more fun to watch, as those 2 Harem groups battle each other out in the finals. Then we as viewers can choose which male protagonist to root for when those 2 equally strong males fight. Regardless of who wins, both will remain relevant to the story as they face the antagonists in the next Arc.

Such a setting could also take place in a High Fantasy or Isekai setting where polygamy is acceptable in that world, so that both males can have steady relationships with all girls, like the setting in "Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni". Noble families might require Polygamy to be acceptable only if the would-be husband is stronger than their daughter in Magic/Battle, but that condition would be already met easily in such a story, as those 2 Males would both be OP anyways compared to all girls in such an Academy with the exception of 1 3rd year Senpai girl and 2 female teachers/Headmistress.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 28, 2017 11:12 PM

Nov 2014
Aren't you sick and tired of being some sort of activist for something that'll never be a norm?
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 28, 2017 11:38 PM

Feb 2016
Again with this crap. You really don't know to give up, do you ?
Go watch To Aru and stop posting about two MC in Harem.
podetusNov 28, 2017 11:41 PM
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Nov 28, 2017 11:56 PM

Mar 2017
Good lord. I think we need to make a forum-wide pact to just completely ignore his threads from now. Maybe if nobody replies, he wont post? And if he does, it will surely be noticed as spam by the mods.
Nov 28, 2017 11:56 PM

Aug 2014
podetus said:

To Aru isn't a harem though.
It was similar to MC description but i just cant find romance scene in it.
Nov 29, 2017 12:07 AM
Jul 2015
To provide an example, in a an original Double Male Harem story, there could be different girl types in each of those 2 male's harem groups. Let's say for example, that the 1st male's name would be Souichi, and the 2nd male's name would be Takatsuka. The girls for each of those 2 males would have their own fleshed-out background, but their basic personalities would be based on this character archetypes, for example :

1. Souichi's Harem :
A. Main girl is a Tsundere Ojou-sama girl from a noble family
B. Second girl is a kind, understanding, and strong-willed girl that meets no existing Dere archetypes ( like the blonde girl in Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi.
C. The cool beauty girl ( like Krulcifer in Saijaku Muhai )
D. A Legal Loli girl with cuteness as her main charm ( like Kirin in Gakusen Toshi )

2. Takatsuka's Harem :

A. Main girl for this 2nd Male Lead would be an Perverted girl head over heels for Takatsuka that always tries to make sexual advances on him. ( An example would be the Inventor girl in Ore Twintails ni Narimasu. I forgot her name ) She would be the main comic relief of this harem group, as whenever she tries to do something ecchi with Takatsuka, other girls in this harem group would beat her up in gag/comedic scenes. There's actually a background story as to why she's acting so clingy with Takatsuka, and it will be explored in future Arcs, mostly concerning how Takatsuka's hair style and confident personality reminds her of her deceased little brother and how she had neglected Lil Bro to prioritize on her training. Over time, her feelings will evolve from one where she projected family-based love treating Takatsuka as her new little brother to one where she feels like wanting to be his lover for life.

B. Second girl would be a Kuudere. She might look calm, quiet, reserved and emotionless, but when it comes to her affection and strong positive feelings for Takatsuka, she is willing to do anything to help out the guy if her help is needed. This 2nd girl will be the one that'll always be there to beat up the Perverted Main Girl above that attempts to do ecchi stuff on Takatsuka.

C. The mischievious and playful Tomboy girl. She will always make jokes with Takatsuka, and will chastise the Main Pervert Girl for making him uncomfortable. However she would seem hypocritical, as this girl too would be quite flirtatious with Takatsuka, so the 2nd girl would sometimes point out this fact and help free Takatsuka from those 2 clingy flirtatious girls by using physical force.

D. The Kouhai character. She would be an Underclassgirl that would be so amazed at this 2nd Male's Unique Powers that represent the pinnacle of powers that's related to what she's currently specializing in. For example, this Kouhai is good at Wind Magic and is Number 1 in Wind Magic skills in all the Academy, but Takatsuka transferred in as a male with the strongest Wind Magic abilities surpassing her own, so she is totally respectful and impressed so much at him that she wants Takatsuka to be her Shishou ( Master ) , and train her so that she could be better in Wind Magic.

So there it is. Those are my examples of how girls types in those 2 Male Lead's Harem groups would be like in such a new Double Male Harem show.

Takatsuka's Harem group might be more comedic and gag-based, but Takatsuka's Wind Magic powers are not to be underestimated, as only Souichi would have Magic skills powerful enough to equal him, and the only 2 females that'd be stronger than either of those 2 Male Leads in such a story would only be a 3rd Year Senpai girl and 2 female teachers in such an all-girls Academy. The perverted main girl for Takatsuka would also have quite some unique status-affecting Magic too, which is quite effective, as well as the fighting style of the Kuudere girl which specializes in enchanting her own physical close-combat fighting style with Magic, such as Fire Punch, Lightning-Attached Kicks, et cetera.

What do you guys think ? It'll make for a more interesting story with 2 Males and 2 Harem Groups, would it ? The only problem is, for such a story to be Animefied, it needs the First Season to extend to 18-20 Episodes minimum, to cover so many scenes and dialogues from those 2 groups. 12 Episodes just isn't enough, IMHO.

CoolitzHubertXVINov 29, 2017 12:28 AM
Nov 29, 2017 12:10 AM

Feb 2016
Xaelath said:
podetus said:

Harem doesn't have to had romance. If it need romance to be called a Harem, half of the harem show wouldn't be Harem.
To Aru do have romantic scene although rare
Nov 29, 2017 1:39 AM

Aug 2014
podetus said:
Xaelath said:

Harem doesn't have to had romance. If it need romance to be called a Harem, half of the harem show wouldn't be Harem.

Something similar to Busou Shoujo right?

It's pretty much why it doesn't listed as harem on Mal.
Nov 29, 2017 1:48 AM

Feb 2016
Xaelath said:
podetus said:

Something similar to Busou Shoujo right?

It's pretty much why it doesn't listed as harem on Mal.

Pretty weird that people call it a harem while MAL doesn't list it as such (cause harem in my definition is multiple girls go after the same man trope )
podetusNov 29, 2017 1:53 AM
Nov 29, 2017 1:55 AM

Apr 2017
Taboo Stay Night with EDGE

>MC didn't get one.. cause her gal with big assets became a disposable material

kinda WOAT
-HippySnob-Nov 29, 2017 2:05 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 29, 2017 5:23 AM
Jul 2015
Besides, what is the appeal of having a show with ALL of the members of one gender sexually attracted to the one SINGLE MALE protagonist?

For me, I don't feel at all moved to watch a show where all the girls like just ONE GUY, as it feels unnatural, and reeks of the Author/Creator of the Show trying to create a self-projected image of himself as the Single Male Lead in that story as one person who is always adored, respected, or accepted/worshipped by many other people, which are in this case, females. I think I can express it much more accurately in Japanese >> つまり, ハーレムアニメは作者や読者の「周りの人間に認められたい, 褒めてもらいたい願望を満たしくれる作品だ」

However, it doesn't satisfy me that much to watch where only one single male gets all the girls. Why ? Because, unlike some lonely Otakus who have never even had one Best Male Friend, and can't relate to sharing their happy times with a close male friend, I on the other hand, had a very close Best Friend, male, in my past, during my High School Days. So, other than many other reasons why I'd like for there to be a 2nd male in a majority female cast Anime, this is also one of the major personal reason why I can't relate to a show where all the female cast like just one male character.

I don't have much friends then, however there is one male who's a very close friend of mine whom I can talk to about anything my heart needs to express or confess about. His family moved overseas along with himself, so I had not been in touch with him for the past 8 years, but he is the only male in my entire life who I could call a Best Friend. No other person. So I know very well the preciousness and importance of having a Best Friend of the same gender. In fact, I was so close to him at that time that I could even call him my "Soulmate", as I he appears in my dreams almost once a week. Most of the dreams with him are about both of us embarking and endeavouring in all sorts of activities together as best of pals.

So I have very memorable times with my Best Friend, so that is why I can't relate if there's a Harem Anime where only one male MC gets all the girl's attentions. On the contrary, I'd much prefer watching a Double Male Lead Harem series, where 2 Males each gets their own company of loyal female comrades, or a Multiple Couples Anime, where 3 Males in the Main Cast each gets their own girls, like DBZ's Goku-Chichi, Vegeta-Bulma, and Krillin-Android 18.

Because of that, I prefer stories where not just one male, but a minimum of 2 males that are each getting equal benefits and equal spotlight moments in the show, as I project my IRL Best Friend as that 2nd male character, so I want both myself and my best friend to get equal benefits and equal happiness, as I value very much Friendship. So if I get the girl(s), I'd want the same of my best friend too, so that is why I can not like any Harem Anime where only one Single Male gets the affection of all the female cast, as it seems like as if I am kicking and sidelining my poor best male friend aside to selfishly monopolize all the benefits for myself, and that is something that I couldn't do, as I am very loyal to my IRL Best Friend, as he has helped me a lot in my High School days, and without him, I wouldn't be where I am now.
Nov 29, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2017
Op are you making a thesis? Are you sure you are not breathing heavily while typing this? ._.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 30, 2017 2:43 AM
Jul 2015
Yay I just found another Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Fanfic with 2 Males in the Main Cast !!!! The 2nd Male is a new original character created by the Author, and Kamito is of course still paired with Claire, but the 2nd Male gets his own female companions >>> https://syosetu.org/novel/75053/

Story very interesting so far ! As expected, a Battle LN/Anime with 2 Males Main Cast Rocks !! Battle LN/Anime with a Single Male Main Cast Sucks !!

This is why I have said time and time again, that there should be more new Battle Harem LN series in the future where there would be 2 Males in the Main Cast with a large majority female cast, so that those 2 Males could each get their own respective harems of loyal female comrades.

An ideal cast would be 2 Males and 6-7 Females in the Main Cast of such a story.

Just having only one single male is boring and painful to watch. Which is why I could watch Qualidea Code much better, as that show at least had 2 Males in the Main Cast eventhough it's not a Harem show, since there are only few females in the Main Cast of Qualidea Code ( like around 4 ).

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut had such a large female cast that it is a pity the Author of the Source Material decided to star only one male MC by the name of Lux Arcadia in it. Having a 2nd Male in it that would act as his friend or relative and having that 2nd male get his own girls would make for a million times more better story, so it is really a shame that the Author didn't make it a Double Male Battle Harem story instead of the done-to-death Single Male Battle Harem story.
Nov 30, 2017 4:43 AM

Feb 2010

One of the earliest anime I watched was Love Hina, and I felt like... he must be VERY lonely, because he didn't seem to have any male friends at all (or if he did, I don't remember them) even before moving in with the girls. Which kind of made ME feel a little lonely watching it, even though I'm not a guy. Though, I think they sort of make up for it by giving him more personality than a typical harem protagonist, so he also is comic relief at the same time.

I agree with you, at least as a female who has no sexual interest in anime girls, having a second guy can really make a difference or make the anime a bit more believable/relatable.

For example in KoiChoco, I would not even be able to withstand watching it without Yumeshima (even though he's very feminine), because he's the majority of the comedy in that anime. I also really couldn't stand the main female love interest. The other girls were ok, but it's like, he hardly knows or even gets to know them.

Same for Sunohara in Clannad being the funny guy.

I think it goes the same with Otome anime, that it often feels better when they have a reliable female friend they can talk to, who won't be hitting on them all the time, or just brighten the mood.
Though I wish Otome had more comedy instead of making the girl act "perfectly proper" and humorless.

I just about always end up liking the female friend in Otome anime more than the actual main female protagonist, because they tend to be the more believable/relatable character, and same for male harem anime, I end up liking the male friend more.
PikangieNov 30, 2017 4:48 AM
Dec 3, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 2015
So, just to make a "What-If" Imagination of how we can realize how much better Single Male Harems would be had there been a 2nd male in the main cast that gets his own girl, I want all of you to picture this 3 revised settings for existing harems in your mind.

1. Picture a new revised version of Asterisk War with Lester becoming as strong as Ayato and Claudia falling in love with Lester. Both Ayato's harem and this new couple will play equally important roles in the story. Now make a conclusion and try to judge in your mind whether this version would be better than the existing source material, or not.

2. Picture a new revised version of Trinity Seven with a 2nd male lead having special powers as the MC too in the main cast. While MC gets the main girl, and one other loyal close female companion, the 2nd male lead gets 2 other girls fighting for his attention.

3. Picture a new revised version of Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut where a 2nd male lead also enters Lux's Academy and gets the blondie, Celestia, and Nokuto to like him, while Lux gets the main girl Lisesharte and 2 other girls including Krulcifer in his small harem.

I have already read so many fanfics of those series with a 2nd guy, and I find them all to be far more entertaining than the source works.

So my question is, why can't more future Light Novel Battle Anime feature more series where a 2nd strong male character also gets his own girls like the MC ? Can anyone answer this question ? I mean, we still get to see so many cute waifus, and NTR will be absolutely forbidden from developing, since that is off-genre, and both males will each get their own loyal groupies of female companions anyways, so what's stopping this more entertaining setting ?
Dec 3, 2017 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
I just find it commendable really that each post is not copy pasta.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 5, 2017 12:10 PM
Jul 2015
Guys, there is an example of one Fantasy Battle Visual Novel story, where there are 2 male characters in the Main Cast that each gets their own respective harems of loyal female comrades.

The title of that Visual Novel is....... " Venus Blood Ragnarok".

In that VN, the Main Character, Vari, is a strong Half-Demon that would get up to 4 Pretty and Strong Goddesses into his Harem. One of those Goddesses is his own sister, the other is a Loli Blonde with fast and powerful lightning-based attacks, the other is a mature green-haired MILF-like elder lady Goddess with large boobs, and the last of them is another Loli Goddess. Oh, I forgot to mention that Vari will also get a Succubus into his own Harem other than those 4 Goddesses.

Despite Vari, the 1st Male Lead having so many girls in his own Harem, there is also a second harem group in this game, led by the 2nd Male Lead, a Chibi Shota character by the name of Loki.

Loki is Vari's Chief Strategist, so while Vari and the powerful Goddesses he commands in his harem are the brawns of his Army, Loki is the brains of his Army. Loki's main girl in his harem is a Nun-like character dressed in white robes, whose name is Norun. She is very motherly-like in character and smiles a lot, and is very loyal and protective of Loki, as she loves Loki very much. Loki always does sex with Norun, as they love each other much, and sometimes Norun will be the one doing the Seme on him in femdom plays. Kyaaa!! So adorable was Norun in that game ! Loki you lucky bastard ! XD

The 2nd girl in Loki's harem is a Snake-Girl by the name of Jormugandr. She has good chemistry with Loki, and engages in much skinship and playful interactions with him. The 3rd girl in Loki's harem is a cute girl by the name of Heimdall, who's also a Goddess, and she wears quite sexy pantyhose-like see-through fabric covering her entire body, with only a breastplate armor covering her chest, torso, small section of her crotch and upper back.

So there you have it. Venus Blood Ragnarok is another Visual Novel like Gensou no Idea that features 2 Male Leads each getting their own harem company of loyal female comrades that would be willing to put their lives on the line to defend and protect their Man.

Therefore, I hope any of those 2 VNs gets an Anime Adaptation, so that I can enjoy watching such an Anime where there would be 2 Harem Groups featuring cool male leads and a large cast of attractive and cute female fighters.
Dec 5, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
oh shit here he is with another 2 harem bullshit thread, i mean jeez i get you want this to happen, i wish i could rewrite a lot shit anime stories but i'm not going to make each of my post about it
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 6, 2017 4:51 AM
Jan 2013
Isn't this a repeat post?I swear I've heard of this.topic before....

Dec 6, 2017 7:59 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
genesic123 said:
Isn't this a repeat post?I swear I've heard of this.topic before....

you did, 80 times from the exact same OP

Dec 7, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 2015
I have once again read this Author's fanfic where 2 males each gets their own company of girls, and I have now made a decision after reading his Saijaku Muhai fanfic >>> https://syosetu.org/novel/73807/

My decision is, within a year from now, starting from December 2018, after I have levelled up my writing skills considerably after doing so much research and studies, I will write my own new original Light Novel series where there will be 2 Male Protagonists that would each get their own Harems.

Currently I have not decided yet whether those 2 Males would be Best Friends, Twin Brothers, or Strangers each with different stories till they meet up.

I will not delude myself into thinking my first work would get published or not, as I will be merely writing such a story first and foremost for my own satisfaction of wanting to read and enjoy a story where 2 males each gets their own loyal harems, so I will not feel any pressure at all to be completely perfect in writing such a story. So I don't care if it gets published or not.

An amateur work will concentrate on writing it for fun and enjoyment, rather than a main profession where one would be writing for putting bread on the table and paying the bills, so for my first amateur work, I will be writing it under a trial and error basis.

The reason why I'd like to start my own LN/WN with such a story is due to this thought that had come to my mind recently , " If you want something done, you do it yourself".

Therefore, I have decided to write my own story where 2 Males each gets their own equal screentime and spotlight moments in the story with both getting their own loyal female comrades.

For my first story, I think I will try writing in Japanese, as I am scared of diminishing my Japanese language ability by writing in English. It will also be a good opportunity for me to level up on many aspects concerning the language, as the saying goes " You can never be truly good in any language unless if you write and speak as well as you could as reading and listening". Output is more important than input in gauging one's linguistic abilities, IMHO, so my starting to write my own story would help me improve on that.

I am also glad to know that there are other people like some Japanese posters on some threads I have read where they too would like to read a story where 2 males each gets their own loyal harems >>> https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/mcs-best-friend-got-a-harem-too.53136/

Thankfully unlike one Japanese poster at a thread I've read and from that poster at the thread above, I am not all too fixated on the "Best Friend" requirement, so the 2nd Male that'll get his own harem as the 1st Male Lead in my story can also be either a Twin Brother or a stranger to each other from a different location far from the 1st Male.

PS : I liked the Ef Visual Novel, because there is a 2nd Male Lead by the name of Kyousuke getting his own girl when we switch to the story from his POV. Both males gets equal screentime, so I will ensure that my story will also feature equal screentime and POVs for both of my two male protagonists.

Of course, the one important rule that I will follow uncompromisingly when writing such a story is this one ironclad rule, and that is : I will never butcher or mistreat the portrayal of any of those 2 male leads at any point in the story just to make the other male lead look better at the other's expense. An example of such a rule in place is the fanfic above, where the Author treats both Lux and the 2nd new created male character well with both being equally respected by the girls in the academy.
Dec 7, 2017 12:47 AM

Mar 2017
Oh good. He's making his own stuff now. He's got plenty of practice writing multiple thesis on the subject.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

35 by Zarutaku »»
6 seconds ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

175 by alshu »»
9 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 5 hours ago

40 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7153 by g6qwerty »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you think we should have more realistic anime?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - Apr 14

39 by Archean-Return »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.