Apr 2017
Between 8bit and Geno Studio (Manglobe 2.0) were a complete trainwreck

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 25, 2017 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
It's a toss up between Gainax and Toei if you ask me.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 25, 2017 8:19 PM

Nov 2017
I don't get the hate on Aniplex, they produced Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood so no reason to hate them.
Nov 25, 2017 11:06 PM

Jan 2013
Anime_Blushes said:
CondemneDio said:
Pierrot, easily. J.C. staff is really bad too.
why JC staff. Shokugeki no soma, toradora, sakurasou no pet na kanojo.... Their animation quality is too notch. May be I'm missing something that made quite a few people think JC staff is worst

All their shows have the same problem: they are unimaginative, "safe" picks. They make shows that make money, not shows that are good.

Quick note on their animation: Fate/Poopcrypha is anything but top notch animation. It's barely acceptable, at best.
Nov 26, 2017 2:11 AM

Dec 2015
Original anime being bad is not a problem, but ruining an adaptation or established ip by not even trying and acting as a cash grab is worst thing ever

Toei is the worst for ruining one piece, Dragon ball, sailor moon, world trigger, saint seiya
Nov 26, 2017 2:18 AM
Dec 2013
CondemneDio said:
Anime_Blushes said:
why JC staff. Shokugeki no soma, toradora, sakurasou no pet na kanojo.... Their animation quality is too notch. May be I'm missing something that made quite a few people think JC staff is worst

All their shows have the same problem: they are unimaginative, "safe" picks. They make shows that make money, not shows that are good.

Quick note on their animation: Fate/Poopcrypha is anything but top notch animation. It's barely acceptable, at best.

Fate/Apocrypha is by A-1 Pictures, though. Not J.C. Staff.
Nov 26, 2017 2:19 AM
Nov 2017
1:A-1 Pictures
2:A-1 Pictures
3:A-1 Pictures
Nov 26, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2015
A-1 Shitworks
Despite they produce a shit load of shows, they couldn't make anything better than half-decent in the past 3 or 4 years.
Nov 26, 2017 2:29 AM

Sep 2009
Does Funimation count? There's an infinite number of complaints for them.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 26, 2017 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
What's the problem with A1 Pictures? :o Just because of Sword Art Online? And maybe Fairy Tail?
I really love Shinsekai Yori and enjoyed Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso, Magi, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Ao no Exorcist and The Anthem of the Heart very much as well. Kuroshitsuji is debatable, but it had definitely a big enjoyment for me too and Granblue Fantasy was also a nice anime for inbetween. Did I forget something I know? ^^" (Edit: Right, Doukyusei x3)
My own little problem with A1 Pictures is that they are such a big company. So they don't have their own signature style in terms of art and genres (or a special feeling to them) like some other studios. On the other hand, Grimgar looked very unique and beautiful. If you don't have your signature style, you are free to change it with every anime and try new things.
removed-userNov 26, 2017 4:46 AM
Nov 26, 2017 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
wildhood said:
CondemneDio said:

Fate/Apocrypha is by A-1 Pictures, though. Not J.C. Staff.

On shit, that's right.
I had some other, similar show in mind, but mixed the two.
Nov 26, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
CondemneDio said:
Anime_Blushes said:

Does it really matter as long as they are entertaining?
Nov 26, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
SuperRed said:
CondemneDio said:

Does it really matter as long as they are entertaining?

Well that's the thing. I'm not entertained by their shows.
Nov 26, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
None of those are anywhere near bad. If you want to see bad, look at the shit produced by The Village of Marchen.
Nov 26, 2017 6:46 AM

Nov 2017
vigorousjammer said:
SHAFT
They produce over-hyped garbage every season, and their character design is also pretty terrible.

Most of their anime is adaptations, so they don't create the designs, and it's not as if the designs in those shows are bad anyway. The designs for Madoka were created by someone outside Shaft, and they are very good designs.
Nov 26, 2017 7:03 AM

Aug 2016
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
None of those are anywhere near bad. If you want to see bad, look at the shit produced by The Village of Marchen.

A cursory glance at those thumbnails was enough to ruin my day. How are you going to make it up to me?
Nov 26, 2017 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
Stein_ said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

A cursory glance at those thumbnails was enough to ruin my day. How are you going to make it up to me?

Let's be real though, that is one tasty-looking burger.
Nov 26, 2017 7:34 AM
Jul 2017
Nek0 said:
J.C. Staff, but I think they have gotten better recently. I hope.

What's wrong with J.C. Staff? I actually love some of their work (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Golden Time being one of my favorites) Tell me where they actually lacking?
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Nov 26, 2017 7:46 AM
Feb 2017
I hate only Millepensee and GEMBA, because of new Berserk. I just can't call it anime. It's visual autism.
Nov 26, 2017 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
My opinion would be.... I think if we're talking about worst kind, there's a lot of factors come into judgment. Something along the line of budget and quality of works usually brought to light if we're to talk about the worst company.

I think A-1 Pictures is a bad company in terms of adopting a franchise. I mean, they love beating a dead horse sometimes. But, if you put that aside, they do make a good anime with decent quality every time.

There's also Madhouse who makes a great series but always, ALWAYS leave the series off the table and wander somewhere else, leaving the series unfinished without any conclusion.

Studio Deen makes an awful animation (them adapting Log Horizon 2nd Season is not forgivable for me) but they do make a good work as well (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo)

To put it shortly, there's no such thing as the worst studio in my opinion since every studio who fall short on something makes it up on something else. I think that I've never encountered such studio who managed to fail miserably in terms of budget, quality, and plot making. I hope I never, though
Nov 26, 2017 7:59 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Lasroha said:
There's also Madhouse who makes a great series but always, ALWAYS leave the series off the table and wander somewhere else, leaving the series unfinished without any conclusion.

While I'm not the biggest Madhouse fan I have to defend them on this one lol
You say Always so I will name some things.
2 animes for next season: Overlord & Cardcaptor Sakura
Black Lagoon 3 series
Chihayafuru
Diamond no Ace
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Juubee-chan
Galaxy Angel
Also a lot of their anime have 24 and above episodes while a lot of other studio's only do 12 episodes. Pls do some research before judging something.
Nov 26, 2017 8:10 AM
Jul 2017
KushHaze said:
Lasroha said:

Black Lagoon 3 series
Chihayafuru
Diamond no Ace
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Juubee-chan
Galaxy Angel
Also a lot of their anime have 24 and above episodes while a lot of other studio's only do 12 episodes. Pls do some research before judging something.

Hmm... the series you're mentioning is not on my list, I think (except Overlord). Since I'm not the greatest fan of Madhouse, I have no intention of defending or demeaning this studio (Their work is top notch, I have to say that). But, that was a personal opinion of mine that they really love putting a show on the shelf most of the time. If that's your opinion, then be it. I won't force my opinion to other people since it's a very bad thing to do
Nov 26, 2017 8:15 AM

Nov 2017
If something doesn't get a second seasons, it's rarely because of the studio, as they usually don't own the property.
Nov 26, 2017 8:19 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Lasroha said:
KushHaze said:

Black Lagoon 3 series
Chihayafuru
Diamond no Ace
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Juubee-chan
Galaxy Angel

Hmm... the series you're mentioning is not on my list, I think (except Overlord). Since I'm not the greatest fan of Madhouse, I have no intention of defending or demeaning this studio (Their work is top notch, I have to say that). But, that was a personal opinion of mine that they really love putting a show on the shelf most of the time. If that's your opinion, then be it. I won't force my opinion to other people since it's a very bad thing to do

Nah it is not my opinion. I just wanted to tell you about sequels they make, because you said "they Always, ALWAYS leave the series off the table". It is true that they leave to another serie sometimes, but far from Always.
Nov 26, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2015
Bee Train.
They shows are borderline unwatchable due to them having horrendous pacing, and crappy production values
Nov 26, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
A1 Pictures.
Aside from From the New world and Shigatsu the studio freaking sucks.
I don't know why people are hating on J.C Staff tho
They have made some amazing stuff like Utena, Little Busters, Toradora, Railgun, Food Wars
Nov 26, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
What's the problem with A1 Pictures? :o Just because of Sword Art Online? And maybe Fairy Tail?

And Fate/Apocrypha, Eromanga-sense, Granblue Fantasy, Qualidea Code, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Gyakuten Saiban, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Gate, Aldnoah.Zero, OreImo and others I don't remember this instant. Like if aftes Shinsekai Yoru they said, fuck it, we don't need to make any effort, garbage sells just fine.
Nov 26, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
Maneki-Mew said:

And Fate/Apocrypha, Eromanga-sense, Granblue Fantasy, Qualidea Code, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Gyakuten Saiban, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Gate, Aldnoah.Zero, OreImo and others I don't remember this instant. Like if aftes Shinsekai Yoru they said, fuck it, we don't need to make any effort, garbage sells just fine.

Have you even seen any of those shows? Even Eromanga-sensei, the outrage meme anime of the year, had a lot of effort put into it.
Nov 26, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Pierrot, Toei, most studios who produce popular/mainstream anime that panders to newcomers.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Nov 26, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2017
KousakaK said:
Pierrot, Toei, most studios who produce popular/mainstream anime that panders to newcomers.

Studios are bad if make mainstream anime? It's "pandering" to make mainstream anime?
Nov 26, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2014
Probably pierrot for me

Toei actually surprised me by the latest improvements with DBS
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
Saint_Nepunepu said:
KousakaK said:

Studios are bad if make mainstream anime? It's "pandering" to make mainstream anime?

It's not that they make mainstream anime that makes them bad, it's the fact that they spoon-feed everything to their viewers, make the most generic "Gary Stu" character, and just butcher good manga. There are some amazing mainstream anime made by great and popular studios, but a lot of them, especially newer ones are underwhelming and feels like a money grab, at least to me.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Nov 26, 2017 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:

Have you even seen any of those shows? Even Eromanga-sensei, the outrage meme anime of the year, had a lot of effort put into it.

I haven't listed a show I haven't seen at least some of. And Eromanga is not the worst on the list, that title belongs to Fate/Apocrypha, but it's not much better. Watching it felt like my brain was sucked out through my eyeholse with an industrial vacuum cleaner.
Nov 26, 2017 8:46 AM
May 2016
Studio N.U.T

They absolutely destroyed Youjo Senki, one of the best thing about that series is the expressions of Tanya every time she scheming something, and then N.U.T happened

What worse is they try to compensate for the art by giving Viktoriya boobs, like decent boobs to compensate for her butter face
Nov 26, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
I haven't listed a show I haven't seen at least some of. And Eromanga is not the worst on the list, that title belongs to Fate/Apocrypha, but it's not much better. Watching it felt like my brain was sucked out through my eyeholse with an industrial vacuum cleaner.

In what universe are Granblue, Grimgar, Eromanga and Oreimo effortless garbage? Aldnoah was a good production too aside from the writing falling apart in the second half.
Nov 26, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2015
Isn't this retrospective? Isn't it kind of easy to look back and make biased opinion on releases to this point?
Well you didn't set any sort of parameters for this worst in what way? Does budgets staff numbers working on said projects count?
Personally I see way too many variables but in all honesty isn't it just which anime company turned a profit the answer as if their products sell and they are still running isn't that pointing to how they can't be that bad and the answer is in the companies that had to close their doors for whatever reason?
Nov 26, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:
In what universe are Granblue, Grimgar, Eromanga and Oreimo effortless garbage? Aldnoah was a good production too aside from the writing falling apart in the second half.

Um... this one? Oh yeah it's this one.
Nov 26, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
Um... this one? Oh yeah it's this one.

No, it's not this one. Those shows aren't effortless garbage. That you don't like something does not mean that it must be effortless garbage.
Nov 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:
No, it's not this one. Those shows aren't effortless garbage. That you don't like something does not mean that it must be effortless garbage.

If you say so, but still, that's the reason I don't like them.
Nov 26, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
If you say so, but still, that's the reason I don't like them.

Your reason is wrong. You could just as well say you didn't like Grimgar because it's a high school anime.
Nov 26, 2017 9:08 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Your reason is wrong. You could just as well say you didn't like Grimgar because it's a high school anime.

Your reason to think that my reason is wrong is wrong.
Nov 26, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
Your reason to think that my reason is wrong is wrong.

No, it isn't. Why are you being so irrational about this?
Nov 26, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:
No, it isn't. Why are you being so irrational about this?

Because for a while now, I lost my drive to participate in any kind of argunemt on the internet. But regardless, those are shit with the bare minimum effort put into them to cater to the interests shut-in teen boys.
Nov 26, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
Because for a while now, I lost my drive to participate in any kind of argunemt on the internet. But regardless, those are shit with the bare minimum effort put into them to cater to the interests shut-in teen boys.

This is objectively false. What is wrong with you?
Nov 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2015
Saint_Nepunepu said:
This is objectively false. What is wrong with you?

That's not how you spell objectively true. My problem is that you keep respond to my comment without adding anything worth adding and than you accuse me being irrational while you are just as irrational as I am.
Nov 26, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
That's not how you spell objectively true.

I wasn't trying to spell objectively true. What is wrong with you?

My problem is that you keep respond to my comment without adding anything worth adding and than you accuse me being irrational while you are just as irrational as I am.

Stating that your claims are false is something worth adding, and I have not behaved irrationally in any way. What is wrong with you?
Nov 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
It's obviously KyoAni. They make 3 TV anime every 2 years, they break my heart waiting everytime...
Nov 26, 2017 9:28 AM

Sep 2015

I don't think there is anything wrong with me, but I think there is a lot that is wrong with the quality of A-1 Shitworks shows in at least the past few years.

And what's wrong with you?
Nov 26, 2017 9:29 AM

Jan 2014
Pierrot easily comes to mind when someone mentions "bad studio," but I don't think they're the "worst."

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 26, 2017 10:14 AM

Nov 2017
Heldengeist said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with me, but I think there is a lot that is wrong with the quality of A-1 Shitworks shows in at least the past few years.

Your claims about A-1 are objectively wrong.

And what's wrong with you?

Nothing. You are just lazily throwing the question back at me.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - Yesterday

48 by TsutanaiFuun »»
11 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

21 by AE-2 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

14 by luckyrune »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

44 by Azuchi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.