Forum Settings
Forums

Are you grateful that majority of anime characters have light skin?

New
Does the general state of anime skin color need to be altered?
No, anime is fine with light skin waifus.
63.5%
Yes, anime needs to expand horizons and include more people of color in their quota
36.5%
521 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 23, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
Nyu said:

Notice how the majority of characters Nova posted had black hair, that is real diversity. Also in realistic anime, they wont be able to have any eye variety.
The ones I posted didn't though.

Anime Storm had white hair.
Dark Elf from Bikini Warriors had blonde hair.
Yoruichi had purple hair.

Colored contacts do exist you know and there are dark skinned people irl with natural different eye colors.

You mentioned red hair before. Karui from Naruto is dark skinned and has not only red hair but also yellow eyes.

This dark skinned character from Darker than Black has blue hair.

So your claim that dark skinned anime characters have no variety of hair and eye colors makes no sense.

Your cherry picking, I was able to make my argument from Energetic Nova's post, as nearly all had black hair. And only 2 eye colours were visible on the post. If we were to do an average of all dark skinned characters in anime, we both know that most of them will have brown eyes.
RuneRemNov 23, 2017 8:34 AM
Nov 23, 2017 10:23 AM

May 2009
title said:
Are you grateful that majority of anime characters have light skin?

poll said:
Does the general state of anime skin color need to be altered?
* No, anime is fine with light skin waifus.
* Yes, anime needs to expand horizons and include more people of color in their quota

OP, please learn to write polls better next time, such that they don't mean the exact opposite of the thread title.

Also, I don't have strong opinions on skin color in anime, aside from noticing that female characters tend to be lighter-colored in both skin and hair than male characters, and being vaguely annoyed at that.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 23, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2014
It's not skin colour that makes anime popular. Also quotas are racist.

I do tend to be attracted to light skinned people in terms of romantic relationships in real life, actually more specifically light skinned Asians. Is this racist? Or just in-group preference (a natural part of biology)? Because while I don't find people of African descent or dark skin asians attractive, I also don't find people of European descent particularly attractive.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 23, 2017 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
Hey, nothing against "light brown skinned" cuties like meena and maya. But i guess it really is true that most humans find total chocolate less appealing, me included.
Nov 23, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
Nyu said:

Your cherry picking, I was able to make my argument from Energetic Nova's post, as nearly all had black hair. And only 2 eye colours were visible on the post. If we were to do an average of all dark skinned characters in anime, we both know that most of them will have brown eyes.
I'm not, it was simply coincidence that the dark skinned characters Energetic Nova posted mainly had black hair. If you go to each of the characters she posted you would see their different eye colors.

That's conjecture. If you want to prove your point then compile all of them from the database to show that most only have brown eyes. If not then you have no point.

GreenEmu said:
Dark skin is utterly disgusting though.
White skin could be considered to be disgusting by some people since it can reveal warts, blemishes etc. while dark skin generally hides those imperfections although that is only irl not in anime/cartoons.

heinrich6745 said:
White > other colors
White alone is kind of boring. Like in cartoons I like Miss M's green skin (although her real skin isn't green), She Hulk's green skin and in Overwatch I like Widowmaker's blue skin.

DrGeroCreationNov 23, 2017 3:39 PM
Nov 23, 2017 1:23 PM
May 2017
Duke_of_York said:
If we think about it, would anime be as popular outside of its country of origin if it was made from say, Africa?

So if anime isn't African, then where was this dank anime made?
Basicpleb420Nov 23, 2017 1:27 PM
Nov 23, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Basicpleb420 said:
Duke_of_York said:
If we think about it, would anime be as popular outside of its country of origin if it was made from say, Africa?

That is live action. This is more akin to African "anime".

Nov 23, 2017 1:45 PM
Aug 2016
Ouch, this obvious garbage alt bait thread hurt my eyes a lot :(
Nov 23, 2017 1:57 PM
May 2017
DrGeroCreation said:
Basicpleb420 said:

DrGeroCreation said:
Basicpleb420 said:

It's a meme, hentai-baka-lolicon.
Nov 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2015
At least this bait thread gives me some waifu material but it lacks on husbando department come on guys

Basicpleb420 said:
Duke_of_York said:

Africans are multi talents who can even make superhero cartoons
Nov 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2011
Black characters => more ink wasted => more money wasted

not worth it
Nov 23, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2016
Darek said:
Clebardman said:
He clearly doesn't and just want to rave about how redpilled and aware he is. he needs more warrior of love in his life <3
Seems so, it is like whenever there is a mention that something is racist AND it is not about beinh racist towards whites. EVERY anti-SJW Keyboard Warrior puts his SJW-detecting Glasses (Model 88 Sargon of Hypocrisy) on and everything turns into some sort of war against whites or some other bullshit.

Sometimes I am a werehouse worker, sometimes I am a shitposter on MAL but in reality I am a warrior of love! sorryI had to

The thread is trying to force political correctness into anime and people are criticising it, you are the only person mentioning Social Justice.
Nov 23, 2017 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
Nyu said:
Darek said:
Seems so, it is like whenever there is a mention that something is racist AND it is not about beinh racist towards whites. EVERY anti-SJW Keyboard Warrior puts his SJW-detecting Glasses (Model 88 Sargon of Hypocrisy) on and everything turns into some sort of war against whites or some other bullshit.

Sometimes I am a werehouse worker, sometimes I am a shitposter on MAL but in reality I am a warrior of love! sorryI had to

The thread is trying to force political correctness into anime and people are criticising it, you are the only person mentioning Social Justice.

That's pretty funny considering you made an alt account to make this shitty bait.

How do I know it's an alt, you may ask?

Because the poll options are written in a way that whichever you pick, it support the agenda of ant-racists trying to force political correctness or people not wanting it in anime.

Which is exactly how every single thread with a poll made by you has been like.
Nov 23, 2017 5:02 PM

Jul 2016
SuperRed said:
Nyu said:

That's pretty funny considering you made an alt account to make this shitty bait.

How do I know it's an alt, you may ask?

Because the poll options are written in a way that whichever you pick, it support the agenda of ant-racists trying to force political correctness or people not wanting it in anime.

Which is exactly how every single thread with a poll made by you has been like.

The polls in my thread are biased against political correctness, this poll is biased in favour of political correctness.
Nov 23, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2011
Nyu said:
Energetic-Nova said:
I would say, yes. I would like to see more dark skinned girls and guys. But only because they do seem to provide a unique feeling to whatever they are in.

And dark skinned isn't necessarily "black". But it can be.

But here are some examples of "types".

The cute loli.

The Beautiful Badass

The Psycho with crazy hair

The Princely type

The Princess Type

That hot mechanic

The gore Samurai

The Girly Girl working a job you sometimes think she should not be doing.

The "it is only a tan" girl.

"unique" that's hilarious, there is far less diversity in dark skinned characters, no multitude of hair colours, no multitude of eye colours.

If anything it makes things more generic, more the same.

Hair colors I posted:
Brown, Black, Textured black, Purple (two different shades), and orange.

Eye colors of characters I posted: Black, Red, Gold, Pink, Purple, Blue.

Here are some more characters:

(manga only, Sailor Pluto is dark skinned)

The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 23, 2017 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t really care what a character’s skin color is

although I will say that anime has given us some cute dark skinned & tan chars
Nov 23, 2017 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
I honestly do not care about skin colour.
:)
Nov 23, 2017 5:39 PM

Apr 2014
If anime was made in America would you still like it?
Nov 23, 2017 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
WHITE SKIN MASTER RACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 23, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
More dark skinned hunnies incoming.

Nov 23, 2017 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
DrGeroCreation said:

Not all of the characters you posted were dark skinned but tanned or not even far skinned.
Nov 23, 2017 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Nyu said:

Not all of the characters you posted were dark skinned but tanned or not even far skinned.
They are not light skin (close to Caucasian) as the op would put it. Non of those characters are tanned with tan lines.
Nov 23, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
[quote=DrGeroCreation]
Nyu said:

They are not light skin (close to Caucasian) as the op would put it. Non of those characters are tanned with tan lines.[/quote
DrGeroCreation said:
Nyu said:

They are not light skin (close to Caucasian) as the op would put it. Non of those characters are tanned with tan lines.

3 of those characters are clearly light skinned.
Nov 23, 2017 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Nyu said:

Except for Akira from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 non of them are light skinned to mean close to Caucasian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin

"People with light skin pigmentation are often referred to as white."

The characters MoFried posted have light skin.
Nov 23, 2017 8:31 PM
Aug 2017
I might get some backlash but i'm pretty racist so i definitely don't want more black characters in anime . I don't like them . I'm not attracted to ebony female characters (maybe just the loli in Fate/Kaleid , i don't know her name).
Nov 23, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta have my daily dose of chocolate pudding.
>that pai thunder
My man.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 23, 2017 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Cabron said:
>that pai thunder
My man.
Pai is just irresistible.

.That wild hair
.Those sexy eyes
.That sexy cinnamon colored skin
.Those thighs

Nov 23, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Cabron said:
>that pai thunder
My man.
Pai is just irresistible.

.That wild hair
.Those sexy eyes
.That sexy cinnamon colored skin
.Those thighs

Oh you already know my dude.
Let's not forget her no BS attitude. ;)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 23, 2017 11:23 PM

Nov 2014
Dark skinned waifus are only hot if they have tan lines. But than means they have to be white first.

Tho there are exceptions ofc...
JustAnotherShiroNov 23, 2017 11:30 PM
Nov 24, 2017 12:20 AM

Jul 2012
Yes. Anime realizes white is might.
Nov 24, 2017 12:42 AM

Sep 2017
I don't really care as far as skin color or anything to do with race. That being said it would be good for the rest of the world if anime was more diverse throughout. The whole making anime purely for the Japanese audience is understandable of course, it's just unfortunate. It's sad other countries don't have an animation industry like Japan.(at least not that I know of). If only!!
Nov 24, 2017 3:34 AM

Apr 2017
I thought I would have seen Umiko posted by now.

Nov 24, 2017 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
I don't care about skin color, as long as the character is good.
I have some share of character or color in my extended fav
Nov 24, 2017 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
The answer is obvious. The Japanese have lighter skin.
Nov 24, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
Nyu said:

Except for Akira from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 non of them are light skinned to mean close to Caucasian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin

"People with light skin pigmentation are often referred to as white."

The characters MoFried posted have light skin.

You do know not all white people have pale white skin, Italians and Spanish people have darker skin.
Nov 24, 2017 2:03 PM

Oct 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

Alright Gimme their names, I need them for Research (the all look pretty dam good and a good Character design might tell me that the show is at least decent)
Nov 24, 2017 2:21 PM

Sep 2007
It's 2017, who cares about skin color? Would you stop watching anime if all the characters were Asian? Well, because they are...

Nov 24, 2017 2:42 PM

Aug 2017

i mean, i dunno why i would be if that were the case
Nov 24, 2017 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
The skin colour doesn't really matter
Nov 24, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2018

Nov 24, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2016
awal said:
I don't really care as far as skin color or anything to do with race. That being said it would be good for the rest of the world if anime was more diverse throughout. The whole making anime purely for the Japanese audience is understandable of course, it's just unfortunate. It's sad other countries don't have an animation industry like Japan.(at least not that I know of). If only!!

How is anime being more diverse good fir the rest of the world, that is just not true.
Nov 24, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2016
I would instantly drop anime if I see more than 3 black people tbh. Yes im racist.
Nov 24, 2017 5:29 PM

Apr 2017
Nek0 said:
It's 2017, who cares about skin color? Would you stop watching anime if all the characters were Asian? Well, because they are...

They are? Created by Asians in someway perhaps, that's not the same as being Asian though...

Skin colors should be compared to hair colors. Would it be boring if every anime character ever had the same hair color? To me it would, as with skin color.
Nov 24, 2017 5:40 PM

Jan 2017
I'm just going to go follow the bait and say "why does this thread exist?"
I mean, I haven't seen much anime with colored skin characters but who really cares what type of skin color they are, if they're a good character then I'll like them.
Nov 24, 2017 5:51 PM
Oct 2012
Just what I needed on my animu sites. More weird racism. Jesus fucking christ can't a brotha relax for a minute?
Nov 24, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
There needs to be more Black Guys named Bob in anime.
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=38117
Nov 24, 2017 8:24 PM

Sep 2007
zodd0 said:
Nek0 said:

They are? Created by Asians in someway perhaps, that's not the same as being Asian though...

Not many anime take place outside of Japan that I know of.

Nov 24, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
It doesn't really matter what skin of the Anime characters are.
Nov 25, 2017 12:06 AM
May 2016
personally i don't mind both. they're both fine. dark skinned characters are nicer to look at though, in my opinion.
Nov 25, 2017 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
Bourmegar said:
Alright Gimme their names, I need them for Research (the all look pretty dam good and a good Character design might tell me that the show is at least decent)

A little OT, but here's the ones I found or already knew of.
in descending order.
Branwen from Queen's Blade
Alex Benedetto from Gangsta
Maria Carnela from Black Jack
Ashe from Amagi Brilliant Park
Pai Thunder from Dangaioh
Akira Yamamoto from Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Atsuko Jackson from Michiko to Hatchin
Mabui from Naruto

i would also recommend Michiko & Choi if you want a couple more darkskinned cuties.
removed-userNov 25, 2017 1:11 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

39 by Nurguburu »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

92 by dayooooon »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

35 by phantom346 »»
9 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 7 hours ago

17 by BirdyTheMighty »»
14 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

102 by FFandMMfan »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.