Can somebody tell me what was the meaning behind asukas Words "How Disgusting"
I mindfucked so hard on this
Nov 24, 2017 1:41 PM
Aug 2016
She just summed up my thoughts on EoE after watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 24, 2017 1:42 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
It's about the amount of doujins made of her.
Nov 24, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
Must there be a meaning behind those words ?

KushHaze said:
It's about the amount of doujins made of her.

Also this.
Nov 24, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
That didn't happen in my version so maybe she was talking to you personally?
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 24, 2017 1:47 PM
Nov 2016
im like :d theres no way she said that coz theres no one to fuck besides that Sad boi shinji :d
Nov 24, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
I've always interpreted is as a reaction to Shinji choking her. He rejects instrumentality and instead of embracing Asuka (a la a normal reaction) he chokes her. I've always found Shinji's actions to be more of a mystery in this scene. There used to be a great video on youtube by sudoStef that explained it quite well but it might be hard to track down now.

Feb 2017
She just summed up the whole Evangelion series , you are welcome

Jul 2016
from my understanding its asuka's response to shinji's actions at th beginning of th film ??? idk honestly who knows

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*in the name of the moon, i'll punish you*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Nov 24, 2017 1:52 PM
Nov 2016
aw guys thank you all....Really appreciate
Nov 24, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/32dycz/can_someone_explain_what_the_hell_how_disgusting/cqabduq/
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 24, 2017 1:55 PM
Nov 2016
The question read somewhere along the line of "What would you say if you woke up in the middle of the night to find that someone broke into your house and instead of raping you when you were vulnerable, just watched you and mastrubated to your sleeping form".
Their answers were the final line.
How disgusting.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DUDE this is some fkd up shit
Nov 24, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
It was a response to Shinji having masturbated over Asuka's comatose state, implying she's real and not a figment. It's in justaposition to her caressing Shinji like Yui.

On another note, it also describes my response to all these unfunny shitpost responses in this thread.
Nov 24, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2015
chrissy_poo_too said:
I've always interpreted is as a reaction to Shinji choking her. He rejects instrumentality and instead of embracing Asuka (a la a normal reaction) he chokes her. I've always found Shinji's actions to be more of a mystery in this scene. There used to be a great video on youtube by sudoStef that explained it quite well but it might be hard to track down now.

I don't agree with that. There's a deeper meaning for sure. I always interpreted it as Shinji was trying to see if he was still in his own perfect world under the Instrumentality Project. He chokes Asuka to see if what he is experiencing is reality or fantasy. If he was still under the Instrumentality Project, Asuka wouldn't react against him because she wouldn't have a will of her own. She insteads caresses his cheek, showing that he is indeed back in reality. Shinji is relieved and breaks down crying. Asuka says "How disgusting" referring to that, or she's alone with him, she's accepted him or maybe even the fact that he fapped to her comatose body in the beginning of the film. It's hard to say for sure.
AeroheartNov 25, 2017 11:17 AM
Nov 24, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2017
It's just 2deep4u OP. You wouldnt understand.
Nov 24, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2016
Speaking as someone whom rewatched this movie a lot of times, i don't think that Asuka's "how disgusting" is a response to Shinji wanking at the beginning of the movie. Not at all

After Shinji chokes Asuka, he start crying. After Asuka gently touching his face, she says how disgusting. They do things they wouldn't be able to do in normal circumstances and then go back to their normal selves

Also add to the bittersweetness of the end. World has suffered third impact and they're the first two human beings back to their original form, all alone. For Asuka, it's disgusting having a crybaby choking her, it's disgusting being alone with him and it's disgusting showing affection towards him

AltoRoark said:
Asuka's comatose state, implying she's real and not a figment

She's real. Shinji rejected instrumentality
llorandoNov 24, 2017 2:32 PM
Nov 24, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
she said that because she was dying of choking and we all know we remember the best thing that happened in our lives b4 we die
so she remembered the cum on her tits
thus the sentence
Nov 24, 2017 9:29 PM

Nov 2017
Literally: She's stuck in a bloody apocalypse with Rei's torn off head sinking in Sunny D

Metaphorically: She represents all of Shinji's self-hated and depression. The ending is him learning to live on with it (her) by her side even she calls him disgusting and continues to belittle him.
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Nov 24, 2017 10:10 PM

May 2009
Aslt said:
She just summed up my thoughts on EoE after watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
this, even though I didn't realize at the time, because I was too pissed off at the movie to process what she said
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 24, 2017 11:09 PM

Dec 2014
It's apparently about Shinji fapping over her sleeping body.
But that doesn't make any sense at all given that if she'd known what happened that day she'd likely be flattered and then proceed to assist him in actualizing his sexual desires.
Or was that just in a doujin I'd read...?
Nov 25, 2017 1:29 AM
Nov 25, 2017 7:19 AM

Nov 2016
Fact : Asuka best girl.
Nov 25, 2017 8:09 AM

Apr 2017
Don't try to find the answer because no one knows what the hell this anime is about.

revyHOLiC said:
Fact : Asuka best girl.

Correction : Asuka shinikami best girl.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:

How can you say that when you don't even seen Rebuilds ?
Nov 25, 2017 8:23 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:
S-quare22 said:

How can you say that when you don't even seen Rebuilds ?

I've seen some videos on youtube about her so...

Well, I stil adore badass asuka who appeared in EoE.
S-quare22Dec 3, 2017 9:37 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 25, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
@Ardanaz Why didn't you classify it in End of Eva's sub page?
Dec 11, 2017 9:00 PM

Oct 2009
I hated the ending and this movie. I watched the whole series and when Asuka got introduced, the show FINALLY picked up. Episodes from 9, ESPECIALLY 9, and a bit onwards were epic but then they have to ruin the whole thing with the psychological crap. I did enjoy the ending of the show more, at least, he manned it up.

In the movie, man, did Shinji became so unbearable. Misato, one of the greatest and hottest characters of the show, gave up her life and Shinji is still wussing out. I mean, DUDE!!!! Man the hell up!

Basically, because his wussiness, he doomed the planet because he sucks in life. Shinji sucks, end of story. I mean, during the show, he did grow some balls but after episode 24 or something, he wussed it up again. Thanks for nothing Shinji... EoE gets only a 1 out of 10 from me.
Dec 30, 2017 11:02 AM
Dec 2017
It's intentionally left ambiguous, but here's my interpretation. Upon getting in Unit 02 during the JSSDF raid at the beginning of EoE, Asuka is fully awake and aware of her surroundings. While this could have something to do with joining back with her mother's soul, seeing as how she also went through a similar physical situation after her contact experiment, I personally believe that Asuka was never comatose, and was only faking it after her encounter with Armisael so that she wouldn't have to fight using an Eva again. Because she couldn't blow her cover, lest be forced back into that horrible place, she could do nothing during the hospital scene that the film cold opens with. Her words to Shinji are the first thing she's said to anyone else in days, and she's still in shock over all that's happened, which explains the emotionless delivery of the line in both the Jp and English dubs.
Jul 25, 2020 8:54 AM
Dec 2013
I think the answers lie in the conversation Kaoru and Rei have with Shinji at the point where he begins to reject Instrumentality ('I don't think this is quite what I wanted..').

They ask him if he's okay with the fact that this will mean that people will again hurt one another, and be psychologically divided, and he says that he is. Then they say that those with anyone who possesses the will will reconstitute their form, that is to say, escape Instrumentality and return to their bodies, individuality and the real world.

Shinji and Asuka are shown to be the first two to do so - presumably others will follow. What happens next is largely symbollic - Shinji, overwhelmed, makes an abortive attempt to strangle Asuka, symbolising the harm which individuals bring to one another. Asuka, regaining consciousness, observes Shinji crying and slumped on top of her. She describes him from this vantage point - as disgusting, or however you want to translate it - symbolising the psychological division between individuals, i.e. their mutually exclusive perspectives, and the walls around the hearts of individuals going up once again.

These hardships are the price of choosing to return to individuality, and the road for Asuka and Shinji, and everyone else that rejects instrumentality, will be long and hard one (the Earth is fairly devastated for one thing). But as long as they are together, there is and always will be hope. Remember that Shinji asks Rei and Kaoru what they are, and they reply that they represent the hope that individuals can one day achieve mutual understanding. This is symbolised by the glimpse Shinji has of Rei watching over them, as he first returns to consciousness.
Jul 26, 2020 6:01 PM
May 2017
In the (quite excellent) german dub she says "Mir ist schlecht" which translates to "I feel nauseated" or "I feel sick (to my stomach)". No sign or tone of disgust (which wouldn't make much sense considering her hand touching his face just seconds before while he choked her [wtf]).
https://www.dict.cc/?s=Mir+ist+schlecht
Tim_PopelJul 26, 2020 6:05 PM
Aug 23, 2020 8:45 AM
Oct 2018
"Disgusting."

Yeah... Isn't it though?

Though this is more than what was said before...
Paraphrasing here.
In an interview they asked what the point of the hospital scene was and the response was, It is wrong to sexualize these characters, There have been so many fanfics/doujins/hentai images made of Asuka and he wanted to show them how awkward/gross it was. The guy interviewing responded with "But what Shinji did was disgusting." Not realizing that Shinji in these scene is representative of all the people who have raised their flagpole to Asuka. And the response was "Yeah... Isn't it though." and when asked for more information that was all that he would say about it.

So the ending words of "How disgusting" or "I feel Sick" are a fourth wall break, of her character calling all of the people who "used" her Disgusting.

Because he planed to be called out on it. Because he wanted people to respect characters. Because subtlety is missed on so many people.
Sep 27, 2020 5:45 AM
May 2019
I believe the ending to be reenactment of Adam and Eve... Because now only Shinji and Asuka are remaining on the planet..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Yesterday

13 by deg »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.