Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 14, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 2017
I am really enjoying this show! Noel is a pretty annoying character though. I don't think your history should give you an excuse to call someone an "insect"
Nov 14, 2017 4:20 PM

Jun 2016
Kidkidd said:
Does this anime legitimately have a fan base somewhere?

It's growing on me with each passing episode and maybe it's stolkholm syndrome or something, but I'm actually okay with Asta's voice now too.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Nov 14, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2016
I know it's obvious but I gotta say that the ending song is top tier and whenever it pops up at the end of a scene, it just makes that scene look like a masterpiece.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 14, 2017 4:42 PM

Jan 2014
This was one of the better episodes imo. Was Astas nonstop screaming better this episode or have I just grown accustomed to it? lmao The first half was definitely enjoyable, then incomes tsundere Noelle-sama Like some of you said, the pacing of her character was pretty fast, I approve. I still hope the pacing picks up because it's not covering much of the manga atm :/

OMG LUCK. woo I'm so excited for the future episodes. I fucking love Yami too. Scratch that, I love all the Black Bull members :')
ToppyS2Nov 14, 2017 4:46 PM
Nov 14, 2017 4:43 PM

Dec 2016
I'm glad Noelle's bitch phase only lasted an episode because if she was like that for multiple episodes it would be hard for me to eventually like her. Also, another solid episode for Black Clover, I hope they keep it up
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Sep 2017
Noelle went from a royal bitch to a happy member of the black bull family much faster than I expected, but I could tell that's where we were headed the moment Asta found her being depressed in the woods. This episode just feels weird. The character development pacing was very fast, yet the overall pacing still feels slow. I think it would have been better to develop her bit by bit over a couple episodes while also moving the story forward so that it feels like we are going somewhere.
Nov 14, 2017 5:58 PM
Mar 2016
Oh God another asshole older royal sibling is it really a requirement in almost every show i can see it now she will defeat her brother in the near future because of some explanation of hidden power within her making her stronger than her brother God i hate Tsundere
Nov 14, 2017 7:01 PM
Hokage King

Apr 2017
Show has as large a fan base as it does hater base. Similar to when Naruto was at it's heights. Nearly 50/50 love hate every week.
Nov 14, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was actually pretty fun to watch. I thought the tour of the whole place was fun and quick, I also liked that Asta is already building strong relationships with everyone.

Noelle isn't a character I enjoy so far. Hopefully that changes.
Nov 14, 2017 9:23 PM
Feb 2016
Yuno's face looks like cartoonize on this ep wtf,and noelle acting spoiled brat towards asta,minutes later saved and got fond by him..happens to quick .-.
Nov 14, 2017 9:43 PM

Mar 2015
UrbanJahts said:
Damn why are all the rich people assholes... like when are we going to get the shy, embarrassed character from the nobility? " It a waste using this room on you!" SHUT THE FUCK UPPPPPPP *taser noise*! Jesus its all little too much elitism...

I thought that Noelle would be the shy character since that other asshole told her she could take the test... BUT NO SHE HAS TO TURN AND CALL ASTA AN INCEST! Also I guess she not that good at magic?

Anyways I like the episode but, the elitism is getting to the point where it's not helping the show :/

elitism will play important rule in the future, this series takes sosial conflict really seriously...

Abyhape said:
now I know why Asta doesn't have any mana or magical power.
it's basically because his magic is "anti-magic", which nullify any magic. am I right?

nope

Tengai said:
why was that bird even needed. i know that magic is everything in their world, but come on.

bitch, what the fuck do you said about our lord and savior Nero!

Kidkidd said:
Does this anime legitimately have a fan base somewhere? It feels like some kind of board of executives who doesn't understand anime picked this show from a hat and decided this needs to be the next big thing. Between the crunchyroll movie thing, the entire year of episodes, and the constant ads, it's being pushed so hard.

Me and my roommate started watching it as a joke, now we do it to torture ourselves more than anything else. It goes beyond the F tier MC's seiyuu. The plot is completely uninspired and so trope filled it feels like they're intentionally trying to hit EVERY single one. Any scenes i thought might end up being hype fall flat due to poor directing as well as mediocre animation (Yuno's exam fight? Holy crap that was bad).

you can always drop it...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 14, 2017 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
The Royal Failure Noelle Silva is such an obnoxious chick but she's a fine Tsundere girl! her blushing makes her more attractive!
4/5.

Nov 14, 2017 11:57 PM
Jan 2015
I still can't get used to Asta's constant shouting.I don't mind him shouting that high when there is something to shout about but while talking?? Please
Nov 15, 2017 12:18 AM

Jan 2014
Kuma said:
Abyhape said:
it's basically because his magic is "anti-magic", which nullify any magic. am I right?

nope

it's clearly stated in this http://blackclover.wikia.com/wiki/Asta (Battle Prowess)
Nov 15, 2017 12:39 AM

Mar 2015
Abyhape said:
Kuma said:

nope

it's clearly stated in this http://blackclover.wikia.com/wiki/Asta (Battle Prowess)

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 15, 2017 3:23 AM

Mar 2014
Getting goood!

But the same can not be said about this site's rating...

Seriously people get over yourselves and STAPH down rating this anime.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 15, 2017 3:52 AM

Jan 2016
Rukodaime said:
FireFistYK said:
Finally, Noelle makes her appearance, Perriot has done a great job on her I have to say. This should be fun

The one downside to this episode was that they could have put more effort on her "development", from being a complete asshole to blushing and calling Asta
by his name. Too quick for normal audience that hasn't read the manga

Well, if anything, if someone saved me from drowning, I would stop calling him "insect" :)

Well if you put it like that....... I guess you're right
Nov 15, 2017 4:49 AM
May 2012
Kuma said:
UrbanJahts said:
Damn why are all the rich people assholes... like when are we going to get the shy, embarrassed character from the nobility? " It a waste using this room on you!" SHUT THE FUCK UPPPPPPP *taser noise*! Jesus its all little too much elitism...

I thought that Noelle would be the shy character since that other asshole told her she could take the test... BUT NO SHE HAS TO TURN AND CALL ASTA AN INCEST! Also I guess she not that good at magic?

Anyways I like the episode but, the elitism is getting to the point where it's not helping the show :/

elitism will play important rule in the future, this series takes sosial conflict really seriously...

Abyhape said:

nope

Tengai said:
why was that bird even needed. i know that magic is everything in their world, but come on.

bitch, what the fuck do you said about our lord and savior Nero!

Kidkidd said:
Does this anime legitimately have a fan base somewhere? It feels like some kind of board of executives who doesn't understand anime picked this show from a hat and decided this needs to be the next big thing. Between the crunchyroll movie thing, the entire year of episodes, and the constant ads, it's being pushed so hard.

Me and my roommate started watching it as a joke, now we do it to torture ourselves more than anything else. It goes beyond the F tier MC's seiyuu. The plot is completely uninspired and so trope filled it feels like they're intentionally trying to hit EVERY single one. Any scenes i thought might end up being hype fall flat due to poor directing as well as mediocre animation (Yuno's exam fight? Holy crap that was bad).

you can always drop it...

i think you got the wrong bird.
Nov 15, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2013
Yami in the toilet was the best part of the episode.

Good episode overall. I'm enjoying this series so far.

Nov 15, 2017 6:08 AM
May 2015
Good episode!. Luck xD, yami lol, noelle after credit is cute xd, finally 1st mission next eps cant w8..
Nov 15, 2017 6:55 AM

May 2014
Yami lookin' pretty hawt in the preview.

Nov 15, 2017 7:55 AM
Aug 2017
Abyhape said:
Kuma said:

nope

Asta doesn't have any magic at all. The anti-magic came from the sword so without it, he cannot do anything.
Nov 15, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 2017
Kidkidd said:

The manga is pretty good and entertaining. The anime's pacing is horrible though.
Nov 15, 2017 8:07 AM

Nov 2015
+1 Respect
4/5 - Nice ending.
Nov 15, 2017 8:18 AM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:
UrbanJahts said:

Yeah I know... it's just overly cliché right now! It's sorta annoying (not in the good way)... but then again the story is a based on a ton of clichés and I shouldn't expect a revolutionary way of showing elitism in society.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 8:31 AM
Hokage King

Apr 2017
Himawari9 said:

The manga is pretty good and entertaining. The anime's pacing is horrible though.

I agree with you 100%
Nov 15, 2017 3:01 PM
Jul 2017
Bad Animated Adaptation
Nov 15, 2017 3:48 PM

Mar 2015
Tengai said:

nah, pretty sure it's nero... in manga, Nero already introduced in chapter 2, really coming outa nowhere... in here, he only observe Asta since he got his grimore... not formally introduced yet (we still didn't get him attached to asta)...

UrbanJahts said:
Kuma said:

Yeah I know... it's just overly cliché right now! It's sorta annoying (not in the good way)... but then again the story is a based on a ton of clichés and I shouldn't expect a revolutionary way of showing elitism in society.

nah, it's showing vertical elitism... was there any battle shounen that actually made vertical distinguish elitism? most of convlict i know is horizontal...
Nov 15, 2017 4:56 PM
Jul 2017
Since I broke my headphones, I watched this anime on mute... oh, what a bliss it was.
Nov 16, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
All that shouting totally killed the episode for me
Nov 16, 2017 11:59 AM
Jan 2016
stupidninja said:
I feel like the animation got worse this episode or is it just me? i really hope the pacing quickens as the series progresses because there's only been 7 episodes and the pacing is already as bad as one piece.

Ye the animation gets worse with each episode lol. I wish this was animated by a better Studio it'd be amazing.
Nov 16, 2017 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
Best girl showed up. That's pretty much it.

4/5
Nov 17, 2017 3:59 AM
May 2012
Kuma said:
Tengai said:

nah, pretty sure it's nero... in manga, Nero already introduced in chapter 2, really coming outa nowhere... in here, he only observe Asta since he got his grimore... not formally introduced yet (we still didn't get him attached to asta)...

UrbanJahts said:

nah, it's showing vertical elitism... was there any battle shounen that actually made vertical distinguish elitism? most of convlict i know is horizontal...

i was talking about the messenger bird who used a portal to deliver the letter.
Nov 17, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
Illyricus said:
I'm actually glad the thing of Noelle acting like a bitch due her being from the aristocracy has been resolved this episode. On another note, her design is cute and her voice is pretty nice.
Thank fuck for this.
Nov 17, 2017 8:30 PM

Feb 2017
Late to the party. So we finally know who the girl is, which her name is Noelle Silva. I'm surprised that we basically know what is her backstory is already. So she is a tsundere in a sense, but she opened up herself. So I assume we're getting more action in the next episode then.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 19, 2017 12:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Noel finally is accepted, and the next episode, the first mission!!!! cool!!!
Nov 19, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Just started reading the manga recently and as I assumed, they adapted chapter 5 in this episode (while also, not surprisingly, adding in some anime-original scenes).

Chapter FIVE!?!? Somehow they've managed to spend 7 episodes on 5 chapters of manga. Wow.

I'm kind of glad this change in Noelle's character happened so quickly, I absolutely can't stand pompous, stuck-up royal characters (like sure you're royalty but you're still part of the shittiest group of Magic Knights so calm the fuck down a bit) so the faster she drops that, or at least tones it down, the better.

(not necessarily in response only to this comment, but rather the topic of her personality shift in general) I dunno, I see it as her putting up a front to make up for her lack of magic control, but she very quickly realizes that these are people she can comfortably be with. I think it's just meant as a way to introduce her as a character. The development will come later.
Nov 19, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
Kidkidd said:

I like it. But honestly, I just kind of went into it expecting a run-of-the-mill shonen with not a whole lot to it. I immediately knew it was going to be a repackaged Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tail, and that's exactly what I got. I'm satisfied
Nov 19, 2017 9:58 AM
Sep 2017
Yet another episode that fixes some of my problems with the manga. Back in Episode 3 we had a nice little travel montage that fixed the distancing issue in the manga of the capitol being a far away place, now we have an episode that really helps to sell the home base of the Black Bulls. I really liked everything that was added in this episode like the joke with Yami on the toilet and the idea of the interior of the base moving and changing like the Hogwarts Castle. Noelle hasn't really hit her stride as a good character yet though, I'd like some better characterization on her in the future, but other than that this episode is pretty solid.
Nov 21, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty chill episode i would say, this anime is nice and it has great potential but i think that Asta screaming all the time ruins a little bit the experience.
Noelle was introduced in this episode, typical tsundere girl xD but give her a few episodes ahaha
That ending was really nice, Nolle was so cute in that scene :3

Take a moment to appreciate this cuteness :3 So cute omg xD

@GangsterCat
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 21, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2015
Is the pink haired lady always in her underwear?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 22, 2017 9:38 AM
Mar 2016
Well then , it looks like Noelle's place is with them Black Bulls,,,,wow Vanessa in her underwear , I wonder if some cosplayer would go as far as wearing her kind of underwear.
Nov 23, 2017 8:47 AM
Feb 2009
Well, to make fun of it is one way to deal with the shouting. Kudos to Pierrot for managing to improve 1 thing at least.
So it seems Asta shuts up while he is thinking. Isn't he always screaming?
BozzzzNov 23, 2017 8:53 AM
Dec 6, 2017 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
Young thottie has already fallen for Asta. Raise your hand if you saw this coming.

Personally, Asta would be a more honorable character to me if he held on to his love for Sister Lily, but seeing as they realistically cant be together and this is a heavily cliched shounen anime, he's probably gonna end up with the young baka thot.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 10:56 AM

Oct 2013
AND SO ASTA AND NOELLE FUCKED

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 1, 2018 9:46 PM
Nov 2016
This was a decent episode, probably the first one I actually enjoyed.

Jan 7, 2018 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
Noel's acting all high and mighty and she's the most pathetic member of the Bulls. Even IRL people that act like that are always covering up for their shortcomings.

Asta, an insect? I think not. He may have no magic power, but he more than makes up for it with his stamina and strength.
Jan 15, 2018 6:10 AM

Jul 2016
Okay, so let's get a quick summary of this episode

Asta is still screaming so much that my ears are bleeding

We got a new character that is a Royal bitch, but she turned out to be accaptable in the end. So far i am hating this show but i am hoping it will get better

Like the only characters i like Is the Captain and Yuno and the silent goth guy
Jan 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
Yuno got a nice room.
Yuno telling him to call him Yuno.
Klaus telling Yuno to show respect and call him Senpai.
That priest has no faith in Asta.
It's that girl who ain't suppose to exist.
WTF! She slapped Asta's hand away and called him an insect for no reason. How rude. At least insects are meant to exist so Asya is actually in a higher pecking order than you..
lol She's going to drown in her own magic.
Vanessa is back. Dat booty.
Dat Vanessa oppai.
Vanessa: "Jeez. Now I'm all wet." That's what she said.
You better call him by his name.

Best part was Vanessa.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 30, 2018 5:40 AM

Jan 2018
Hannah_Ana said:
Noel's acting all high and mighty and she's the most pathetic member of the Bulls. Even IRL people that act like that are always covering up for their shortcomings.

Exactly. It's kinda annoying. She keeps bragging about she's a royalty like, who damn cares? She can't even control her powers.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2020

66 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

342 by anikevin »»
Yesterday, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Nov 10, 2020

89 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 14, 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.