Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
The show's peak was during the Kurapika revenge arc (aka yorknew arc) That arc was easily one of my favorite arcs ever.

The start was really good, but I currently am at the chimera ant arc and I feel like this arc is really stupid and so dragged out.

I just need my babe (I am not gay) Kurapika back <3

Who else thinks that this arc is too dragged out?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2017 1:54 PM
Mar 2017
Takamura-sama said:
The show's peak was during the Kurapika revenge arc (aka yorknew arc) That arc was easily one of my favorite arcs ever.

The start was really good, but I currently am at the chimera ant arc and I feel like this arc is really stupid and so dragged out.

i think you shouls reevaluate life decisions or get your head straight, because chimera ant arc is the best anime arc ever. im a proud fanboy, dont judge me...
Oct 9, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
I watched it while it was airing, and yeah it was slow-paced as hell, but it wrapped up nicely toward the end imo. It has grown on me a bit since then too.

In terms of story, the Chimera Ant arc a huge setup for the current manga arc, in which Kurapika is a central character ^^
Oct 10, 2017 5:22 AM

May 2017
The starting was a little too slow,
It became really good after the group decided to infiltrate the castle.
The transition from greed island arc could have been better
Oct 10, 2017 7:25 AM
Dec 2013
No. I mean the Chimera Ant arc is the whole reason HxH (2011) is in the Top 10 on MAL. It's not my favourite arc, but it does have some amazing episodes, and we see the characters overcoming their weaknesses.
wildhoodOct 10, 2017 7:34 AM
Oct 10, 2017 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
Chimera Ant arc is the best part of the anime.
If you marathon it, it's doesn't feel as slow-paced.
Oct 10, 2017 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
its got a fuck ton of problems and the worst writing in the series but it also has some of the highest highs in the series. Its a double edged sword for me where it kind of both makes the series and also hinders it.

GreenSoap said:
I watched it while it was airing, and yeah it was slow-paced as hell, but it wrapped up nicely toward the end imo. It has grown on me a bit since then too.

In terms of story, the Chimera Ant arc a huge setup for the current manga arc, in which Kurapika is a central character ^^
hes not just a central character, hes become the main character. I always felt the story was written like kurapika was the secondary protagonist which is why he was the protagonist of yorknew, but becuase of the constant hiatuses and too much focus on only gon and killua for like 10 years kind of defeated that concept until this newest arc changed the protagonists again. Its weird thinking that gon and killua might be shelved for years like how pika and leerio were

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2017 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
It's the best shounen arc of all time, so NO.

Here's a good analysis about that arc: (yeah it's Digibro, I don't care, the video is good so deal with it)
AshitaNoJonasOct 10, 2017 7:41 AM
Oct 10, 2017 8:22 AM
Feb 2016
I haven't seen better shounen arc than CA arc . Yeah it starts slow but the ending of this arc is very beautiful and emotional IMO . If you miss kuropica than finish the anime and start reading manga cuz current arc is likely to be focused on him.
Oct 10, 2017 8:37 AM

Aug 2015
It's easily the best arc of HxH. The whole arc is definitely dragged out tho, i agree. It could be reduced by about 10 episodes, there are many irrelevant scenes and dialogues.
Oct 10, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
I believe it's the best arc in the series. Sure it can be slow at times but stupid? far from it.
Oct 10, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2016
it was slow paced at the begging but later it became great and i like it a lot but my favourite one was yorkshin city arc that was absolutely great
Nov 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the arc pretty much, especially the story, but the talking was sometimes a bit to much.. especially at the end when the big fight started.
It felt very slow pased to me and i was sometimes annoyed by all those analysing thoughts. So good arc but to much talking from the narrator.
And last but not least, i missed hisoka!i know some say he doesnt fit in here but wouldnt have mind at least a small role or a side story about him the main reason being: he my favourite character in the series. 😊
Nov 5, 2017 2:53 PM
Jun 2017
Takamura-sama said:

the chimera arc in my opinion is really slow and dragged and it was when I skipped an episode or two in hxh for the first time, it ended strong but still didnt give me the same impact as the yorknew and greed island arcs as those hd me at the edge of my seat
Nov 5, 2017 10:49 PM

Apr 2017
Chobruh said:
Takamura-sama said:

the chimera arc in my opinion is really slow and dragged and it was when I skipped an episode or two in hxh for the first time, it ended strong but still didnt give me the same impact as the yorknew and greed island arcs as those hd me at the edge of my seat

Which episodes did you skip?
Nov 11, 2017 5:36 AM
Jun 2017
MegaMaverick said:
Chobruh said:

MegaMaverick said:
Chobruh said:

I skipped some episodes in the buildup I think fairly shortly after kite got killed
Nov 11, 2017 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
What kind of blasphemy did I just read, Thats my favourite arc
Nov 11, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2017
the transition to it was shit but the arc it's self i feel is pretty vital. tho i do wish the battle scenes were more actiony, the whole talking for 10 minutes in mid fight thing kinda kills everything imo.
Nov 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know at which episode you are atm, but I can tell you that I had the same problem. When the CA arc started, I basically had to force myself to continue watching. A friend told me to just watch it, it's so good, but I couldn't keep going. I was close to dropping it about 20 episodes into the arc. I kinda stopped watching for a while and over half a year later I saw a video on Youtube with a scene from the later episodes of HxH. That was the moment I decided to just give it another try. "If I still can't get into it I'll seriously drop it", was what I thought. It took me another 20 episodes to at least feel something for the characters again. And when a certain person appeared and turned the whole arc around, I was hooked again. Watched the rest in a couple of days. (Just finished it today xD)

In the end, I don't regret watching it. It had it's lengths, it was painfully slow, but it was ok. I had fun. I cried. I was happy.

I'm not a fanboy btw.
Nov 11, 2017 10:42 AM
Aug 2017
Takamura-sama said:

Try finishing it as it gets epic at the end
Nov 13, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2015
Takamura-sama said:

The arc is done better in the manga(since you can read at your own pace and the anime added more Fights in it to pad the episodes more)
Sup...
Nov 13, 2017 8:33 PM

Oct 2017
AmMar-Sama said:
NekO_RelliK said:
the transition to it was shit but the arc it's self i feel is pretty vital. tho i do wish the battle scenes were more actiony, the whole talking for 10 minutes in mid fight thing kinda kills everything imo.

I thought the transition was seamless and incredibly natural that's almost scary. The reason you see it in a complete opposite way is beyond me.
Also, a big part of why I like the fights so much are the mind-games and strategies. They aren't just action for the sake of it, and that's exactly what makes them great..

they took a "safe" approach to transitioning and later had to make up for it with long drawn out conversations as to why everyone else was involved in the arc. then needlessly killed off characters from gon's hunter entrance exams by means that didn't line up with what was established earlier in the series. for example the bee handler didn't have any chance to defend herself despite it being said that if she even feels fear the bee's would swarm.

the hunters were hired to wipe out the existence of the ants. this alone is more than enough information to determine why they are fighting. mind games have their place in any fight, however, absolutely no one is going to stop mid fight to go on a lengthy monologue or to politely allow the opponent to flap their jaw. it just doesn't happen so how does it make sense to have it happen for any reasoning?
Nov 13, 2017 9:48 PM

Jul 2015
NekO_RelliK said:
AmMar-Sama said:

I thought the transition was seamless and incredibly natural that's almost scary. The reason you see it in a complete opposite way is beyond me.
Also, a big part of why I like the fights so much are the mind-games and strategies. They aren't just action for the sake of it, and that's exactly what makes them great..

they took a "safe" approach to transitioning and later had to make up for it with long drawn out conversations as to why everyone else was involved in the arc. then needlessly killed off characters from gon's hunter entrance exams by means that didn't line up with what was established earlier in the series. for example the bee handler didn't have any chance to defend herself despite it being said that if she even feels fear the bee's would swarm.

the hunters were hired to wipe out the existence of the ants. this alone is more than enough information to determine why they are fighting. mind games have their place in any fight, however, absolutely no one is going to stop mid fight to go on a lengthy monologue or to politely allow the opponent to flap their jaw. it just doesn't happen so how does it make sense to have it happen for any reasoning?
ask these questions on the HXH reddit, most of the time they actually provide evidence or actual reason
Sup...
Nov 13, 2017 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
Lol, that's the best arc in the anime. If you don't like that arc I don't see how you can like HxH.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 13, 2017 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Yes, it was honestly kind of a drag to get through. Dropped the series multiple times during the arc because it was becoming difficult to finish.
Nov 13, 2017 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
@SenpaiJay98 reddit really? i almost gave you a slowclap for that reply.
Nov 13, 2017 10:28 PM

Jul 2015
NekO_RelliK said:
the HxH sub Reddit is actually chill, better than Mal that's for sure
Sup...
Nov 13, 2017 10:47 PM

Oct 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
NekO_RelliK said:

hmm, i saw reddit and instantly considered that a troll post since reddit is usually just that, or bronies.
Nov 13, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2015
NekO_RelliK said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

hmm, i saw reddit and instantly considered that a troll post since reddit is usually just that, or bronies.
Just make sure you find the actual HxH sub Reddit(not some other sun Reddit that's fake), you can tell if you found the real one since they put so much work on the HxH sub Reddit compared to others
Sup...
Nov 14, 2017 12:11 AM

Aug 2016
Chimera Ant is one of the most smartly constructed and ambitious works in the medium. It weaves around a dozen or so character journeys together and tackles several narratives at the same time. So no, I don't think it's dragged out.
Nov 14, 2017 12:15 AM

Apr 2013
Takamura-sama said:

Same opinion, pretty much from start to finish. Yorkshin arc was the best it had, and it went downhill after that. Smartly crafted, epic, well written? As if. It was a teddious read most of the time, with a very poor construction and disjointed writing. Not even counting that the original drawing was awful compared to the rest.
ZefyrisNov 14, 2017 12:33 AM
Nov 14, 2017 7:14 AM
May 2017
It's one of the worst arcs i ever seen
Nov 14, 2017 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Stein_ said:
Chimera Ant is one of the most smartly constructed and ambitious works in the medium. It weaves around a dozen or so character journeys together and tackles several narratives at the same time.

apparently this is the only long anime you've seen. this is why hxh fans should just keep their mouths shut.
Nov 14, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
FruitlessJuice said:
Stein_ said:
Chimera Ant is one of the most smartly constructed and ambitious works in the medium. It weaves around a dozen or so character journeys together and tackles several narratives at the same time.

apparently this is the only long anime you've seen. this is why hxh fans should just keep their mouths shut.

Chimera ant is still better than most naruto arcs lol
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Nov 14, 2017 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:
FruitlessJuice said:

is that a bait? im tired of these delusional fans.

well for u maybe it is. for me not.
Nov 14, 2017 7:57 AM

Oct 2013
eh well the arc has its ups and downs like any of the other arcs
is it too long? Heavens yes
but Id say it is basically like any other HXH arc
not great but an enjoyable watch overall
Nov 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
FruitlessJuice said:
Takamura-sama said:

Just stop. You sound like a fucking idiot lmao.
Nov 14, 2017 11:09 AM

Nov 2017
u just miss your boy crush kurapika chimera ant arc is top5 shonen arc ever.
Nov 14, 2017 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Terence_Fletcher said:
FruitlessJuice said:

Just stop. You sound like a fucking idiot lmao.
well maybe i am.
why are you concerned about me?
Nov 14, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2016
FruitlessJuice said:
Stein_ said:

I've seen more than 700 episodes of One Piece.
I've seen all of Dragon Ball up until episode 5 of Super, which I dropped.
I've seen everything Hajime no Ippo related, which goes way past 100 episodes.
I've seen the entirety of Yu Yu Hakusho.

But okay. I still don't see why that would make my opinion any less valid.

Look, if you're up to it we can discuss the arc, but if you're gonna keep throwing pointless ad hominems at me that aren't even true in the first place, I think I'll pass.
Nov 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
No, plenty of people think it's bullshit and stupid. But it's obviously not alone in that, as far as anime plots go.

And yeah, this arc in the anime, was particularly dragged out shit-bage.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 14, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Worst arc in hxh, it felt like filler use to waste time to give enough time for manga chapters to pile up.

Nov 19, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2016
Yeah.... this arc destroyed whole anime for me.
Nov 20, 2017 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
Anyone with half a brain, more than 2 anime in their completed list and enough life experience would recognize the arcs worth. It's a different thing if someone liked the arc, you can not like it but understand why it's good and far from stupid.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 20, 2017 3:25 AM

Apr 2014
There's nothing wrong with slow pacing and dragging out the story if the pay off is worth it.
Nov 20, 2017 3:37 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The beginning half is drags hard, yes. But the pay off to everything that happens is well worth the time, all down to the smallest things like the young girl who first got attacked with her brother being reunited with her mother. How did you not appreciate all the themes and insight in the arc op? Literal how.
Nov 20, 2017 5:04 AM

Sep 2014
Stripesu said:
The beginning half is drags hard, yes. But the pay off to everything that happens is well worth the time, all down to the smallest things like the young girl who first got attacked with her brother being reunited with her mother. How did you not appreciate all the themes and insight in the arc op? Literal how.

I didn't find the payoff to be anything but frustrating because the whole arc felt like a very bad filler. I don't find the whole point of the arc to be implemented perfectly in the series overall. There were no overshadowing of this species or of Kite. It's just an arc that feel out of place with themes that a 10 year old kid shouldn't deal with. But the most frustrating thing about the arc is the resolution with revenge and violence. I knew from the start how it will end so dragging the plot forever just for that conclusion is really unsatisfying. It's more because in fact all of that were the fault of that bunch of asshole ant that shouldn't even be alive and the anime didn't bothered justifying why they should exist in the first place. In conclusion, the whole arc is really frustrating and the it feels more like a filler than anything else.
KryzakamiHrybamiNov 20, 2017 6:41 AM
Nov 20, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
Stripesu said:
eh well sure the family reuniting is touching but what themes are you talking about really?
is it just the survival of the fittest and that humans eat animals so its ok for ants to eat humans?
because other than that Im not remembering any important themes nor did I think those 2 themes were that insightful as thats something Im pretty sure most already know without watching the show
Hrybami said:
It's more because in fact all of that were the fault of that bunch of asshole ant that shouldn't even be alive and the anime didn't bothered justifing why they should exist in the first place
eh what do you mean justify their existence exactly? They exist do to evolution as with all animals so why shouldn't the ants be alive? There exists other creatures in the HXH universe so I don't see the problem
DeknijffNov 20, 2017 5:42 AM
Nov 20, 2017 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
Deknijff said:
Hrybami said:
It's more because in fact all of that were the fault of that bunch of asshole ant that shouldn't even be alive and the anime didn't bothered justifing why they should exist in the first place
eh what do you mean justify their existence exactly? They exist do to evolution as with all animals so why shouldn't the ants be alive? There exists other creatures in the HXH universe so I don't see the problem

Why do they exist? Because iirc the species just kind of appear spontaneously with no real justification as to why they are that strong. Humanoid creature is not a feature of evolution.
Nov 20, 2017 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
Hrybami said:
Deknijff said:
Why do they exist? Because iirc the species just kind of appear spontaneously with no real justification as to why they are that strong. Humanoid creature is not a feature of evolution.
well yeah the Queen showed up randomly yes but the more she feed on life forms the stronger they became as a life cycle as they added the strong mutations of the species they ate
What you mean there was no justification for their strength? The more food she ate the stronger the individual ant she birthed became
thats why it took so long for the Royal Guards and the King to be born because she needed to eat a ridicules amount of food
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

61 by BlazeoJoe »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.