Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2017 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
It's loud, angry, edgy music with no beat whatsoever.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
@aidoru-ojisan would agree
Nov 11, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2013
Does anyone else think that somebody who doesn't even fully know anything about a genre should just shut their petty mouths? Yes? OK.

I'll post this here too since eh

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Nov 11, 2017 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
ok you need to broaden your music knowledge asap
Nov 11, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2017
@aidoru-oji-
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Does anyone else think that somebody who doesn't even fully know anything about a genre should just shut their petty mouths? Yes? OK.

Oh ya already gottem

nice.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 11, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Why are you assuming he doesn't?

*reads OP*

Okay, well I see why.

OP: Well I dislike metal too, most of it is pretty shit. Beat is just a way measuring the "pulse" and time of music, pretty much every genre in popular music has it including metal.
NudeBearNov 11, 2017 9:52 AM
Nov 11, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
I'm not really into this genre but i can prove that metal is not all shout. angry and no beat music.

Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 11, 2017 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
No, metal is recycled, not garbage.
*puts on glasses*

OT: I don't mind it, it's just that my volume needs to be at 1% to prevent my ears from bleeding.

Forum set by -Oreo-

Nov 11, 2017 10:00 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
wym fam

babymetal is the best thing to ever happen to the metal genre

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
You probably only know this edgy screamo music or whatever. You should give classic metal such as Iron Maiden or Dio a try or some power metal stuff such as Stratovarious.
Nov 11, 2017 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
Nov 11, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
@Turtles_Hunter The first video you posted sounds better than the screaming shit Jake always posts but the second video does sound noisy. To be honest I don't like any sub genre of metal.

NudeBear said:
Beat is just a way measuring the "pulse" and time of music, pretty much every genre in popular music has it including metal.
When I listen to Afrobeat, Reggaeton, Reggae, Soca, Rap, Dancehall there is a beat that flows with the lyrics. In Dancehall and Soca the beat is actually given names where multiple artists can sing on it but the best ones are the ones where the vocals and the beat flow the best together. Rhythm to me doesn't seem important to metal. The instrumentals just seem to be background music to the vocals.
DrGeroCreationNov 11, 2017 10:58 AM
Nov 11, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
This is DrGeroCreation's favorite metal song.

Nov 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Jake said:

No metal song is my favorite.

@Aidoru-Ojisan Yeah it's just my opinion. I have to listen to the ones you posted in that other thread but I doubt they will convince me to like metal. Metal is my most hated genre.
DrGeroCreationNov 11, 2017 11:08 AM
Nov 11, 2017 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
@Turtles_Hunter The first video you posted sounds better than the screaming shit Jake always posts but the second video does sound noisy. To be honest I don't like any sub genre of metal.

NudeBear said:
Beat is just a way measuring the "pulse" and time of music, pretty much every genre in popular music has it including metal.
When I listen to Afrobeat, Reggaeton, Reggae, Soca, Rap, Dancehall there is a beat that flows with the lyrics. In Dancehall and Soca the beat is actually given names where multiple artists can sing on it but the best ones are the ones where the vocals and the beat flow the best together. Rhythm to me doesn't seem important to metal. The instrumentals just seem to be background music to the vocals.
To be fair you've listed some really good genres there I can understand why you might find metal abit inferior but its probably just because people just seem to like to link the loudest most dense metal songs they can.
@Turtles_Hunter linked some good metal enjoyed alot of the songs.
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Nov 11, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
Jake said:

I simply played that song because it proves how little knowledge you have about both metal, and music as a whole. You're literally the opposite of what is considered to be "musical". You have no sense of rhythm, melody, and you think that most of your favorite lyrics are philosophical, when in reality, it's just the same shit in life that we've all been through.

Another thing is, you say that metal has no rhythm (or that it's background music for the vocals), when actually it's the rhythm that's the most important and vital part of metal. The drums, bass, and rhythm guitar are what most musicians call "the rhythm section", but you probably didn't know that, and that's perfectly fine for someone who refers to the drums and bass as a "beat", because that's all they know. They don't know shit. And neither do you.
certainmiracleNov 11, 2017 11:22 AM
Nov 11, 2017 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Jake said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I simply played that song because it proves how little knowledge you have about both metal, and music as a whole. You're literally the opposite of what is considered to be "musical". You have no sense of rhythm, melody, and you think that most of your favorite lyrics are philosophical, when in reality, it's just the same shit in life that we've all been through.

Another thing is, you say that metal has no rhythm (or that it's background music for the vocals), when actually it's the rhythm that's the most important and vital part of metal. The drums, bass, and rhythm guitar are what most musicians call "the rhythm section", but you probably didn't know that, and that's perfectly fine for someone who refers to the drums and bass as a "beat", because that's all they know. They don't know shit. And neither do you, because you're a rap elitist.
That song you posted doesn't have any good rhythm. Simply having drums or guitar doesn't make a good rhythm. No I don't. There are a lot of songs I listen to that don't have any philosophical meaning. LOL I'm not a rap elitist and I'm not even super into rap.

This is what I call good melody where there is not just drums and guitar and there is complete harmony between vocals and the beat.

Nov 11, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
Jake said:

Another thing is, you say that metal has no rhythm (or that it's background music for the vocals), when actually it's the rhythm that's the most important and vital part of metal. The drums, bass, and rhythm guitar are what most musicians call "the rhythm section", but you probably didn't know that, and that's perfectly fine for someone who refers to the drums and bass as a "beat", because that's all they know. They don't know shit. And neither do you, because you're a rap elitist.
That song you posted doesn't have any good rhythm. Simply having drums or guitar doesn't make a good rhythm. No I don't. There are a lot of songs I listen to that don't have any philosophical meaning. LOL I'm not a rap elitist and I'm not even super into rap.

This is what I call good melody where there is not just drums and guitar and there is complete harmony between vocals and the beat.

No, you're not getting what I'm saying. Blood on the Dance Floor isn't even remotely close to metal, and you're right, it sucks. But you thought that it was metal music, so I just proved you wrong. You know NOTHING about music, at least, almost nothing. You've got some OK things about your musical knowledge, but man, you actually thought that Blood on the Dance Floor was supposed to be metal? That's just ignorance right there...
Nov 11, 2017 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting how this thread has everyone against me generalizing metal yet almost everyone is generalizing rap here. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1682682

@Jake I never said that song was metal but that no metal song is my favorite.
Nov 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
Interesting how this thread has everyone against me generalizing metal yet almost everyone is generalizing rap here. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1682682

Hey, a lot of rap is really great, but if you're going to shit on metal, then research it before you decide to make yourself look stupid. It would be more logical for you to mock someone like Lil Pump instead.
Nov 11, 2017 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
@Jake Sorry but I just don't like metal . It's too rough for my ears. I find it hypocritical though how people here are always bashing rap and never say anything bad about metal when there are metal songs with just screaming and Rarararara like the ones you usually post to me. Metal doesn't have any great lyrics or anything either.
Nov 11, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2017
This is bait!!!

*intense musical instruments*
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 11, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
Objectively the best genre for Gym and Driving.
Nov 11, 2017 12:06 PM

May 2016
c'mon brah, bands like Iron Maidan and Metallica are great. And that says someone who mostly listens to 80/90s/early 2000s hiphop
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Nov 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Dec 2007
Nah bro I think it's good.
Without the addition of this genre, music would be much more unimaginitive and cover less ground.

It goes with everything, even with your waifu and spicy french fries
Nov 11, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
I'm not exactly a big fan of metal or anything but there are certainly a few bands I like.

And come on, don't pretend you never heard some crunchy heavy metal lick and felt like head banging.
Nov 11, 2017 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
it's not my favorite genre, but i don't hate it. honestly i prefer alt rock music but i don't hate metal as a whole, i do think some of it is definitely not my style and i'm not exactly enthused by all of it, nor a hardcore fan, but like rap i think there's metal i like and metal i don't, metal i can tolerate- it comes down to who's doing it, though.

since it's not my fav genre i really have no strong opinion one way or the other, just a heart full of neutrality

what i really hate is musical elitism above all else, i rly do not care how much better someone thinks his taste is than mine, i don't believe in "artistic objectivity", i believe art, as a product and as a piece of art, is more subjective...
Nov 11, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
Well, music is besides poetry and painting the most wonderful kind of art.

Nightwish - Over the Hills And Far Away.

I know, it is Symphonic Metal, a crossover between metal and classic music. As you might know, Tarja Turunen (lead vocal 1996 - 2005) is a classical trained soprano singer.
So we come a long way from bands like Pantera (metal from Arlington), Metalica (California), very good old fashioned heavy metal by the way.

Music develops and never stands still, even if not liked, remember that some metal bands produced some awesome soundtracks for Anime.
You like the Anime "Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin"? The ED "A FAR-OFF DISTANCE" was made by Galneryus.

Galneryus is a good the keyword: one of the most successful power metal bands from Japan. Their music is an very good combination of symphonic-, speed- and power metal that come in together with the virtuosity of Suh`s guitar play. And on the other hand Sho`s extraordinary voice with the stable intonation fits perfectly into Genre and the music agreement.

My intention is not to moralize or instruct; more interested in sharing with you some information that you might not have had an opportunity to consider, and which might be helpful to you.
Nov 11, 2017 2:46 PM

Jun 2015
It's usually not a great idea to generalize, though at least you have a vocal opinion.

I guess.

Nov 11, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
Oh my god, the amounts of nonsense and complete ignorance are impressive.

How can someone say metal (as if it were a generic genre nonetheless) doesn't follow any rhythm? Or doesn't have any structure, or the instruments play no part whatsoever.

In various instances there has been shown a connection between classical music and metal. Also, there's the direct influence of classical music in metal. But not only that, that even fans of both genre share personality traits, which if you ask me it's really interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/sep/08/classical.metal.fans.study

Your affirmations not only show your lack of knowledge, which is a completely understandable thing nobody it's to blame for ignoring something, but the thing that really triggers me is the fact that you even took the time to create a thread based on nothing, just holes and being completely blind and ignorant on the subject.

But then again, you listen to "reggaeton" which is just basically auto-tune with recycled tracks and full of sexist and obscene lyrics, and call that 'music', a genre that characterizes for repeating the same beat over and over again, from one artist to another, like they don't even bother creating something new (except for the sexist lyrics, that somehow always manage to bring down the female genre further down each time.)

I really couldn't care less for anyone's personal preferences, whether in anime or music but if you can't understand something 'cause it's too different or too complex for you, there's no need to call that other thing garbage.

And if you're gonna come and say metal is garbage at least don't try to compare it with something as reggeaton and claim is musically superior. Just don't, minimizes the already in-existent credibility of your thread. Instead, something like reggeaton should indeed be called garbage cause as i said, not only is it not creative, there's not even a merit of someone playing instruments or notes worth praising for (basically cause of the simple fact that most is just tracks and auto-tune sheet), but is also pretty offensive, vulgar and disgusting.

So no, not only metal is not garbage, it's actually a quite developed, interesting, full of history and that even varies regionally. A genre that takes and is inspired not only by classical music, but blues, hard rock. And has inspired so many other genres that i just can't begin to quote.

EDIT: of course if you say it has "no beat" because it doesn't have the only beat you have had contact with aka the same beat that goes on and on in those danceable genre, i will agree it doesn't. In fact, you can't define 'metal' in one single beat, for it has so many different, infinite variables.

Also saying is 'loud' and 'edgy' it's...what does that even mean? I just can't. Seriously. That's just a very subjective impression, for instance something like dancehall is loud for me, annoying, but just because i don't enjoy it, i wouldn't call it garbage. It's just different to what i generally enjoy (expect for reggeaton which is basically the only genre i'd dare to call garbage)

Saying something is edgy? Is just another very personal opinion. Maybe also very biased on the aesthetics.

Oh and for the record, i just don't listen to metal. So it's not like one could claim i'm biased 'cause i'm a blind fan; i listen to so many different things, even traditional folk music from Madagascar, Rap (A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan), Jazz and so on and so on.
KannoSugakoNov 11, 2017 4:32 PM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 11, 2017 4:03 PM

Jun 2015
KannoSugako said:
Oh my god, the amounts of nonsense and complete ignorance are impressive.

How can someone say metal (as if it were a generic genre nonetheless) doesn't follow any rhythm? Or doesn't have any structure, or the instruments play no part whatsoever.

In various instances there has been shown a connection between classical music and metal. Also, there's the direct influence of classical music in metal. But not only that, that even fans of both genre share personality traits, which if you ask me it's really interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/sep/08/classical.metal.fans.study

Your affirmations not only show your lack of knowledge, which is a completely understandable thing nobody it's to blame for ignoring something, but the thing that really triggers me is the fact that you even took the time to create a post based on falses, holes and being completely blind and ignorant on the subject.

But then again, you listen to "reggaeton" which is just basically auto-tune with recycled tracks and full of sexist and obscene lyrics, and call that 'music', a genre that characterizes for repeating the same beat over and over again, from one artist to another, they don't even bother creating something (except for the sexist lyrics, that somehow always manage to bring down the female genre further down each time.

I really couldn't care less for anyone's personal preferences, whether in anime or music but if you can't understand something 'cause it's too different or too complex for you, there's no need to call that other thing garbage.

And if you're gonna come and say metal is garbage at least don't try to put something as reggeaton as something superior. Just don't, minimizes the already in-existent credibility of your post. Instead, something like reggeaton should indeed be called garbage cause as i said, not only is it not creative, there's not even a merit of someone playing instruments or notes worth praising for for the simple fact that most is just tracks and auto-tune sheet, but is also pretty offensive, vulgar and disgusting.

So no, not only metal is not garbage, it's actually a quite developed, interesting, full of history and even regional variables. A genre that takes and is inspired not only by classical music, but blues, hard rock.

+1 =]

15characterlimit
Nov 11, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
I find it funny that metal fans always try to legitimize their genre's "hierarchy" by connecting it to classical music, not realizing that it applies to the vast majority of popular Western music. Frankly as an actual classical musician and an avid listener of a lot of genres, metal's a far-cry away from classical music.

Not that that's a negative.

Nov 11, 2017 4:37 PM

Jan 2017
NudeBear said:
I find it funny that metal fans always try to legitimize their genre's "hierarchy" by connecting it to classical music, not realizing that it applies to the vast majority of popular Western music. Frankly as an actual classical musician and an avid listener of a lot of genres, metal's a far-cry away from classical music.

I'm doing so in order to annihilate the possibility of someone arguing me back that it doesn't have structure or rhythm, when it's actually connected to the very pillars of music. So no, it's not to give it hierarchy. It's as you said, i'm stating the obvious (thing that the creator of this thread ignores claiming it's rhythm-less and just loud and edgy) but if something obvious is being ignored, i can't help to state it.

Also, i'm not just a metal fan. So don't picture me as a fanatic :)

EDIT: "metal's a far-cry away from classical music." i never claimed it was the same, not even similar. Just how it has influenced the genre, which i'll say again, i know it's obvious. But, what will be the point of just claiming that a musical genre has rhythm and link some music videos if after all that opinion is highly subjective and off mark?
KannoSugakoNov 11, 2017 4:45 PM
Vzla-IT

Nov 11, 2017 4:44 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, I think rap is garbage
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 11, 2017 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
KannoSugako said:
NudeBear said:

I'm doing so in order to annihilate the possibility of someone arguing me back that it doesn't have structure or rhythm, when it's actually connected to the very pillars of music. So no, it's not to give it hierarchy. It's as you said, i'm stating the obvious (thing that the creator of this thread ignores claiming it's rhythm-less and just loud and edgy) but if something obvious is being ignored, i can't help to state it.

I mean it was a stupid comment from him; structure/form, rhythm, and melody are the fundamentals of composition in Western music. It'd be weird for metal to lack any of these. It's also a bit funny watching musically uneducated people throwing around terminology to make their arguments look better, when they obviously don't make sense if you actually know what they mean.
Nov 11, 2017 4:55 PM

Jun 2015
NudeBear said:
KannoSugako said:

I mean it was a stupid comment from him; structure/form, rhythm, and melody are the fundamentals of composition in Western music. It'd be weird for metal to lack any of these. It's also a bit funny watching musically uneducated people throwing around terminology to make their arguments look better, when they obviously don't make sense if you actually know what they mean.

Rhythm section is a loose term btw (or could be considered as).
Nov 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Jan 2017
NudeBear said:
[It's also a bit funny watching musically uneducated people throwing around terminology to make their arguments look better, when they obviously don't make sense if you actually know what they mean.

I don't think people throws around terminology just for the sake of making it look better, music and musical terms are part of the cultural baggage that one embraces when growing in society. Now, that the terminology is not used correctly 'cause its widespread use has been distorted is one thing, and that maybe you that for a simple choice have had direct access to the source of that knowledge is another. It's not like if you don't belong o share a certain specific interest, you are not entitled to make use of it and if you do, you're just trying to 'look interesting', any less with music. Anything comprised in what we call culture is just part of an universal heritage and as such it will mutate.
Vzla-IT

Nov 11, 2017 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
Just how it has influenced the genre, which i'll say again, i know it's obvious.

It has to do with how music operated in Europe for centuries. Academics (aka classical musicians) had almost full control in the world of music, from the development of the 12 tone equal temperament to tonal harmonic logic, the "core" of contemporary Western music was developed and/or nurtured by classical musicians. Pretty much most genres, yes that includes rap and pop music, have indirect "influences" from classical music. In my opinion I don't call this an influence, but rather many genres today benefit greatly from the "skeleton of music making" classical musicians developed.

Now the question should be: do musicians from X genres approach composition/improvisation, performance, and theory in the manner classical musicians do? Do these musicians apply direct inspiration from the standard canon of classical music? For metal I can say there are many individual cases of classical trained musicians and/or aficionados that really do approach music making that can be said to be inspired directly from classical music, but for the overwhelming majority the answer is no.
Nov 11, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2017
NudeBear said:
Just how it has influenced the genre, which i'll say again, i know it's obvious.

It has to do with how music operated in Europe for centuries. Academics (aka classical musicians) had almost full control in the world of music, from the development of the 12 tone equal temperament to tonal harmonic logic, the "core" of contemporary Western music was developed and/or nurtured by classical musicians. Pretty much most genres, yes that includes rap and pop music, have indirect "influences" from classical music. In my opinion I don't call this an influence, but rather many genres today benefit greatly from the "skeleton of music making" classical musicians developed.

Now the question should be: do musicians from X genres approach composition/improvisation, performance, and theory in the manner classical musicians do? Do these musicians apply direct inspiration from the standard canon of classical music? For metal I can say there are many individual cases of classical trained musicians and/or aficionados that really do approach music making that can be said to be inspired directly from classical music, but for the overwhelming majority the answer is no.

What i meant by direct influence, like some songs even borrow some tunes or pieces from classical compositions (besides of course the trained individuals):*

Thank Cod for youtube.

*Wouldn't know if i'm using the terminology accurately, but i think at least my message it's somehow graspable.
KannoSugakoNov 11, 2017 5:15 PM
Vzla-IT

Nov 11, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
KannoSugako said:
NudeBear said:

What i meant by direct influence, like some songs even borrow some tunes or pieces from classical compositions (besides of course the trained individuals):*

Thank Cod for youtube.

*Wouldn't know if i'm using the terminology accurately, but i think at least my message it's somehow graspable.

Don't worry I understand your point. :)
Nov 11, 2017 5:18 PM

Jun 2015
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner.

Nov 11, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
I listen to a diverse range of genre including music from other languages (and no, not just Japan), the only type of music I never got into is metal, so yes, imo it sucks.
Nov 11, 2017 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
ShiroiMuffler said:
I listen to a diverse range of genre including music from other languages (and no, not just Japan), the only type of music I never got into is metal, so yes, imo it sucks.

You give everything a chance tho? At this point I shouldn't really care about random people's opinions but eh, just curious.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Nov 11, 2017 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
@KannoSugako Reggaeton shits on metal for me and I don't give a fuck about oh my god offensive and sexist lyrics. Only sjws care about that shit. It's also rich coming from someone with a Monogatari avatar a show that strongly sexualizes female characters. Where you have a naked loli vampire in the bath and there are closeups of Aragi's little sister's ass.

Lol this beat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvZT4qJ1eo is the exact same as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfy3TSSvF7A ?

Oh my god such sexism, such dirty lyrics. Simply talking about a man and a woman being together or a woman dancing sexy is oh my god so sexist and evil. Muh feminism!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4YxgpfHgI

Hardly heard any autotune in those songs. They are nowhere near Tpain or Kesha level. What does metal being close to classical have anything to do with this lmao.

Lol also at no instruments, the third song has mariachi horns and accordion, the first song has electric piano and 4th song has drums in their instrumentation.

DrGeroCreationNov 11, 2017 7:03 PM
Nov 11, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
@DrGeroCreation

Metal bands put on even better live shows than their studio albums, look at this raw and unhinged talent.

That's some good stuff right there V

certainmiracleNov 11, 2017 5:57 PM
Nov 11, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2017
@NudeBear

Glad to know that :3
xD
Vzla-IT

Nov 11, 2017 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
ShiroiMuffler said:
Could you explain to me why you think it sucks? I gave my reasons in the op why I dislike it and would like to know if you dislike it for the same reasons as well.
Nov 11, 2017 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
ShiroiMuffler said:
Could you explain to me why you think it sucks? I gave my reasons in the op why I dislike it and would like to know if you dislike it for the same reasons as well.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be angry and loud. Well, that actually depends on the band. There's a variety of bands that write about hope, space, and other compelling subjects that are not "edgy". Cynic's Traced in Air and Atheist's Unquestionable Presence are fine examples of this. So is Death's Human, although it takes on the darker side of humanity.

And those are just the death metal bands, because outside of there, you will find melodic bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Saxon, Cloven Hoof, etc. And then of course of you prefer slower and more primitive, yet still-as-intriguing metal, there's the classic Black Sabbath. So don't make fun of metal just because you don't know anything about it, that's like me calling Kendrick Lamar the worst rapper ever even though I've only listened to "Humble".

And like the other people on this thread, I love a lot of different music, not just metal. Such a biased character like yourself would never understand truly powerful music though, because you're so wrapped up in pathetic and meaningless things like "oh no my friends are going to make fun of me for listening to metal" or "oh god this is terrible... what band is this, Black Veil Brides? Yeah, this is totally a metal band." And again that's just me ranting because you're not the only one to hate on metal, but your unquestionable bias towards auto-tuned, lazy music with a simple "beat" just proves how much you really know about music. I don't want to have to state that for the third time, but I feel like that I'll eventually have to.
Nov 11, 2017 6:32 PM

Oct 2017
Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of metal. It's one of the genres that I listen to most. But honestly I don't give a shit if you hate it. You do you, man.
Nov 11, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
@Jake FYI my friends don't care about what music I listen or don't listen to and we don't even discuss music taste. Simple beat allows for great flow, metal does not flow to me and is mainly just guitar and drums with the vocals. I'll check out what you mentioned but don't expect me to like metal.
LOL if I was biased to autotune then Kesha and Tpain would be my favorite artists yet I never listen to them. Metal seems lazy just shout into a mic as aggressively as possible and you are in.
DrGeroCreationNov 11, 2017 7:02 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
27 minutes ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
2 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7552 by SilentAssassin88 »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.