Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad this episode. Chika is really working hard to improve herself and I gotta respect that.

The part where Mari went into the waters gave me a laugh.
I love how Chika's friends supports her. Chika's determination is quite admiring.
Nov 11, 2017 6:26 AM
Apr 2012
A few words about this episode.......I cried.......and......
Anchan, FIGHTO DA YO!!!
Nov 11, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
Oh noes Riko is getting corrupted by Yoshiko..

Even though it was a Chika episode this week, it's funny how You had the most screen time since...who knows when.
Nice ending song.
Nov 11, 2017 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
Nice to see Chika-chan doing her best on doing some acrobatics and I love the new song MIRACLE WAVE. Good job on Ruby-chan on costume designs. It's so cute. Anchan will gonna practice the move too like Chika-chan and do it on 3rd LoveLive LOL
vicexxvNov 11, 2017 7:34 AM
Kitan~!
Nov 11, 2017 7:20 AM

Sep 2013
I need more Riko!!!!

Anyway, woa, good luck to Chika's va. Make sure to do that move in the next live
Nov 11, 2017 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

Riko and Yoshiko skit was pure gold, I was laughing so much. Not to mention that epic soundtrack change when it started. XD

Mari's dive. xD

Chika crashing through the door was hilarious.

Loved the moment where You and Riko talked about why they love Chika as a leader even if she doesn't realize it and thinks sh's just a nobody. That was so sweet. I also loved it when they told Chika to give herself credit since she was the reason they came so far.

So much You screen time, Normal-monster-Yousoro is total win. <3

Miracle Wave was amazing, post performance hurdle was lovely.

The best thing to come out of this episode is that Anchan now has expectations to live upto. Good Luck to her! XDD
I can't wait to see Miracle Wave in the next live.
Nov 11, 2017 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
When Kanan did the Gunbuster pose I knew this episode was the best. Sick Tricks Chika

AcidPunkNov 11, 2017 8:32 AM
Nov 11, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
I definitely prefer 2nd season insert music !

I'm surprised Hana didn't become Yohane's "Lilith" in first, but it's cool.

I just can't wait for Aqours to cover one Muse's song, I'm 100% sure they will do it in last episode !
Nov 11, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2017
These recent episodes seem to be leading towards that, huh.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 11, 2017 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Nat2021 said:
I definitely prefer 2nd season insert music !

I'm surprised Hana didn't become Yohane's "Lilith" in first, but it's cool.

I just can't wait for Aqours to cover one Muse's song, I'm 100% sure they will do it in last episode !

I'm expecting that since season 1! When Riko sang Yume no Tobira I freaked out! I really, REALLY wanted them to sing Susume Tomorrow..
Nov 11, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, don't know why but the outfits for the new song remind me Happy Maker x)
Good luck Anchan for the move during the next live if the song will be performed.

set by taiyaki

Nov 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Mar 2017
HanCoo said:
red-tomato said:
These recent episodes seem to be leading towards that, huh.

What's "that"???

feels like that's how season 2 is going to end
red-tomatoNov 11, 2017 12:00 PM
Nov 11, 2017 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
I thought same oh Riko got corrupted by Yoshiko , they also got close in previous episode.

It's all nice to see screen time for Saint Snow as well and all nice see Chika working hard, but come on Chika it's not possible to train that move in your little room.

You-chan and Riko know Chika quite well. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 11, 2017 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
HanCoo said:
Ok. So the special move that Chika has been working on for weeks... Is what looks like a round off into a back handspring (or something in that vein)... like yeah that's hard, especially for someone who has never done it, but are you honestly telling me that that was the big dangerous move they were banking their win on? Has no other group ever thought to put gymnastics in their routines? And that wasn't even a formation. A formation implies that everyone will take part in the trick, but all the other girls did was do a body roll to the floor, which yes requires a lot of core strength to get it that smooth, but is not the flashy dangerous formation that a group would bank their win on. How on Earth did Mari injure her ankle doing that? and we saw all the other girls scratched up too... Honestly, I thought Chika was gonna try to flip over them all or something...

Also, their costumes looked like a fusion of Hatsume Miku and Barbie.

You lose if you begun to think logically stuff in anime.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 11, 2017 1:08 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Riko acting like Yohane was funny. The beginnings of a Little Demon.

Chika determined to pull off the new dance move & everyone supporting her was nice.

Good performance in the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Sep 2013
Mari saving the notebook and Chika the monster normal trying her best and gets encouraged by everyone, she nails the back flip move.

Sunrise the absolute madmen.
Nov 11, 2017 2:42 PM

Jan 2017
Chika crashing through the door was hilarious.. but the end performance clip didn't show the move? Or am I missing something?
Nov 11, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
It's cool how Riko and Yohane have bonded since the Anko/Laelaps/Nocturne episode.

For most of the ep I couldn't figure out what the hell Chika was trying to do, then the last moment it's some kind of handstand flip.

The closing song was good.
Nov 11, 2017 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! All those feels... I did expect they leave the preliminaries for single episode (to show Saint Snow new song too) but I guess it was probably better this way.. and this way they are leaving big wow for the finals.

Wonder what the final drama would be... the final Love Live is probably ep12 with one ep for aftermath so that leaves 3 more lighthearted episodes and 2 for concluding drama.
Or maybe one less because it very possible the show ends with 12 episodes only as ep13 would be December 30th and that's not very likely. This way the show ends on December 23rd probably with final ep12 (and future movie to come).
Nov 11, 2017 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
This season is getting better and better when it comes to the characters (and its actually beating the original by a massive long shot imo), I gotta love the focus for Chika, especially since she's around my Top 5 favorites of the series Heh x3 Her determination in practicing is rather admiring and just overall cute. Not much of complaints here Heh xP
Nov 11, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
Wasshio said:
This season is getting better and better when it comes to the characters (and its actually beating the original by a massive long shot imo), I gotta love the focus for Chika, especially since she's around my Top 5 favorites of the series Heh x3 Her determination in practicing is rather admiring and just overall cute. Not much of complaints here Heh xP

Better than season 1.

Love Live is so damn cheesy though, but I love it! So much cheesyness, but its good.
Nov 11, 2017 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Kagami said:
Wasshio said:

Better than season 1.

Love Live is so damn cheesy though, but I love it! So much cheesyness, but its good.

That's the point. It's cheesy and it's meme galore, but I also love it at the same time.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first series (though might do a re-watch), while I think there's better idol shows out there than this, I don't really mind Sunshine. Like, I have it around the Top 15 for this season at this point Lol. x3
Nov 11, 2017 4:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Once in a while you get that special shot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 11, 2017 4:11 PM

Jun 2014
Wasshio said:
Kagami said:

Better than season 1.

That's the point. It's cheesy and it's meme galore, but I also love it at the same time.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first series (though might do a re-watch), while I think there's better idol shows out there than this, I don't really mind Sunshine. Like, I have it around the Top 15 for this season at this point Lol. x3

I have it ranked about 8th if I count everything I am watching (this season and still airing). I think I am at about 30 overall so 8th is pretty darn good. I think PriPara and Aikatsu Stars are better airing idol anime though.
Nov 11, 2017 5:26 PM
Oct 2016
Awesome episode this week. Props to Chika for being able to do a double backflip (liked the song too)
bread is yummy
Nov 11, 2017 7:08 PM
Sep 2015
I JUST LOVE YOU MATSUURA KANAN hAHHHsaafsg
Nov 11, 2017 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
This season never fails to amaze me in more ways than one. The fact that it heavily focuses on the characters more than love live itself is what truly sets sunshine apart from the original. The transition from Chika being able to do the tumbling move to the real live performance was so good! The cheeziness of the show itself is likeable hehe

Chika 4th wall breaking lol. Don't worry your timing was just a bit off

5/5

HanCoo said:
Ok. So the special move that Chika has been working on for weeks... Is what looks like a round off into a back handspring (or something in that vein)... like yeah that's hard, especially for someone who has never done it, but are you honestly telling me that that was the big dangerous move they were banking their win on? Has no other group ever thought to put gymnastics in their routines? And that wasn't even a formation. A formation implies that everyone will take part in the trick, but all the other girls did was do a body roll to the floor, which yes requires a lot of core strength to get it that smooth, but is not the flashy dangerous formation that a group would bank their win on. How on Earth did Mari injure her ankle doing that? and we saw all the other girls scratched up too... Honestly, I thought Chika was gonna try to flip over them all or something...

Also, their costumes looked like a fusion of Hatsume Miku and Barbie.
It's pretty hard to move with what their wearing during live performances especially the frilly ones. Maybe that's why. I guess the injury inquired by Mari back then was due to Kanan falling over her(?) due to her lack of experience on the trick so I guess in a way you just have to trust the one doing the trick and pray that they don't make a mistake. Since most of them were doing a body roll while the center does the tumbling trick, they're really vulnerable in that case so I guess that's why they called it as what they said it is.
EGOISTNov 11, 2017 7:31 PM
Nov 11, 2017 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
Chika is the best character LL could ever wish to have. It baffles me when people call her a Honoka clone when it's so far from the truth, and the fact that she's superior to her as a character and LEADER in literally every aspect. Someone who always saw herself as normal and actually TRIED to reach for more from the beginning has been the largest stretch of development we could've ever asked for.

Chika fucking best girl.

NeraizelNov 11, 2017 7:33 PM
Nov 11, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
Wasshio said:
Kagami said:

Better than season 1.

It's so cheesy you can smell it. I share a similar opinion as well. I watched the first series a bit too soon properly enjoy it.

However, from the top of my head, I can't think of any idol anime I've enjoyed more than this Love Live. It's just such a fun anime, there's so much that goes on with the characters that I'm never bored with it. It's stupid, it's cheesy as you all have said, it's cute as heck, and that is what makes it so great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 11, 2017 8:56 PM

Jun 2017
"Now, here's an idea. Why don't we try raising the school's academic standard?"
"Uh?"
"Tha whut?"
"Like a flag, you mean?"
"No, hear me out. Since the main thing here is to get more people to apply to the school next year, isn't it a little naive to assume that school idols are the only means of attracting students? Shouldn't we at least consider the possibility that there are people who don't care for idols but would want to come if the school offered something else besides? I said academic standard, but there are also other clubs, the arts, and who knows how many other areas. We've been trying to fill the quota of 100 applicants with school idols alone, but nobody said that all 100 must be prospective idols. Surely there must be at least some people with different aspirations? We've got fifty odd so far, and we'll probably make it at the last minute because of dramatic effect, but there's nothing wrong with back-up plans. Not to mention that showing off ours as an idol-centered school can in fact have an undesired effect, if people get the idea that school idols are all that we are about. Thinking a bit outside the school idol box is what I'm hinting at. Here's a scenario: we get to the last day with 98 applicants who came because we won Love Live, and all sit there biting our nails to the knuckles, looking at that silly counter and waiting for those two last people. They don't show up. Then as the powers that be are about to close the school, we can retort something like, Well, that's a pity, but fortunately there's those five applicants that came because of the new science program, and the seven that wanted to join the baseball club that made quarter-finals, the two that came because of the string ensemble, and the odd girl who came just because so many other people were applying. So that's that. What does the Principal say?"
They all looked at Mari.
"We-e-ell... I'm not saying there isn't something in that. But I don't know..." She frowned for a bit, and then brightned. "I've got it! Sensha-do, anyone?"

---
Now seriously, I really liked this episode.

Nov 11, 2017 9:19 PM

Mar 2017
Wasshio said:
Kagami said:

Better than season 1.

lol my thoughts exactly

It was cringey when I watched it, but it has grown on me to the point that I can say I unironically like it

Tirinchas said:
"Now, here's an idea. Why don't we try raising the school's academic standard?"
"Uh?"
"Tha whut?"
"Like a flag, you mean?"
"No, hear me out. Since the main thing here is to get more people to apply to the school next year, isn't it a little naive to assume that school idols are the only means of attracting students? Shouldn't we at least consider the possibility that there are people who don't care for idols but would want to come if the school offered something else besides? I said academic standard, but there are also other clubs, the arts, and who knows how many other areas. We've been trying to fill the quota of 100 applicants with school idols alone, but nobody said that all 100 must be prospective idols. Surely there must be at least some people with different aspirations? We've got fifty odd so far, and we'll probably make it at the last minute because of dramatic effect, but there's nothing wrong with back-up plans. Not to mention that showing off ours as an idol-centered school can in fact have an undesired effect, if people get the idea that school idols are all that we are about. Thinking a bit outside the school idol box is what I'm hinting at. Here's a scenario: we get to the last day with 98 applicants who came because we won Love Live, and all sit there biting our nails to the knuckles, looking at that silly counter and waiting for those two last people. They don't show up. Then as the powers that be are about to close the school, we can retort something like, Well, that's a pity, but fortunately there's those five applicants that came because of the new science program, and the seven that wanted to join the baseball club that made quarter-finals, the two that came because of the string ensemble, and the odd girl who came just because so many other people were applying. So that's that. What does the Principal say?"
They all looked at Mari.
"We-e-ell... I'm not saying there isn't something in that. But I don't know..." She frowned for a bit, and then brightned. "I've got it! Sensha-do, anyone?"

---
Now seriously, I really liked this episode.

This is a world where only females exist, and apparently being a school idol is the only hobby/profession they care about ('^')
Nov 11, 2017 10:38 PM

Sep 2014
I see Kanan has taken some notes in Bboy culture, the drop and synchronizing it with the cartwheel back hand spring is mostly breakdancing coreo. From where this is going, I expect someone doing Headspins and Air Flares on the next iteration of Love Live.
Nov 12, 2017 1:33 AM

Jun 2016
Anathor said:
Oh noes Riko is getting corrupted by Yoshiko..

She's already corrupted. Hahaha.

I think it'll be much more impact if everyone decided to practice how to do the backflip. Lmao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 12, 2017 3:28 AM

Feb 2014
mari diving into the water omg i love her sm
but i wanna see more chika and kanan !!
Nov 12, 2017 7:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chika Chika Chika :)
I really admire her determination, never give up attitude despite the tough challenge that presents itself. And her personality and cuteness, especially when she dressed up as a Mikan, she really finds ways that make her so lovable.

I see Riko has become a Fallen Angel as well lol. Next she'll be wearing Yohane's clothes lol
It's nice to see the group interact more with each other. I'd love to see a bit of Chika x Ruby.

Nov 12, 2017 12:52 PM

Mar 2014
Stop trying so hard to become Honoka, Chika. It's not going to happen
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 13, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
It is not the best of the episodes seen so far, but it demonstrates the tenacity and determination of Chika and other girls. The graphic sector is always of the highest level. Very fun Yoshiko and Riko. XD
Nov 13, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! Another amazing performance by Aquors!
5/5.

Nov 14, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2013
While Chika's tenacity and determination is truly inspiring and something to be applauded for, I cannot help but felt she grew less and less human, it's like she became a walking pillar of motivation who only knew how to spout motivational talks. Well, in a sense LL's theme is... motivation. But to embody it so heavily onto Chika is a little... too much. @_@

Putting that aside, after seeing that double backflip... the first thing that came into my mind was "OMG Anchan now you HAVE to do this too!!" Really appreciate all the effort the seiyuus put to bring the performances into live.

Nov 14, 2017 4:33 PM
May 2017
Too shitty story,too exaggerated shit..... no probability,Too compulsive event,and Worst of all,stage costume is too dowdy...At least every Muse could wear bikini so well....but Little demon and Zura and Ruby Never have worn bikini AT ALL.. Japanese Anime is usually for sexualizing JKs.but it lacks this purpose of Anime.bikini is the best stuff for this purpose.LOVE LIVE ANIME is The worst anime I ve ever seen...If you want such shitty story,GIVE YOHANE,MAru,RUBY A BIKINI!!!!!
N1ghtwingNov 14, 2017 4:38 PM
Nov 14, 2017 8:33 PM

Apr 2013
Tommy_Reyes said:
Too shitty story,too exaggerated shit..... no probability,Too compulsive event,and Worst of all,stage costume is too dowdy...At least every Muse could wear bikini so well....but Little demon and Zura and Ruby Never have worn bikini AT ALL.. Japanese Anime is usually for sexualizing JKs.but it lacks this purpose of Anime.bikini is the best stuff for this purpose.LOVE LIVE ANIME is The worst anime I ve ever seen...If you want such shitty story,GIVE YOHANE,MAru,RUBY A BIKINI!!!!!

Love Live isn't exactly known for flaunting ecchi fanservice (despite some subtle moments, but still subtle). I suggest you look elsewhere. What about... Highschool DxD?

Nov 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Their dance at the end was pretty impressive. Needs more flips tho lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 27, 2017 7:13 PM

Jan 2014
CrimsonLad said:

-tagline for Love Live Sunshine

Little demon Lili best girl.

These two bonding is something I never knew I needed in life.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 1, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2016
Loved the ''Miracle Wave'' insert song. The animation looks spectacular this season. Hoping to buy the psychical copy of this and My MAI Tonight!
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Dec 2, 2017 2:24 AM

Nov 2015
Yohane and Lili, best scene so far:) as i'll proceed hoping for more of this.
Dec 21, 2017 8:44 AM
Jan 2016
This was my favorite episode in this series so far! I love it how they include the performances, and this one was especially good - that move Chika pulled off was pretty impressive, no wonder she was struggling with it at first.
Jan 2, 2018 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
Sunshine just keeps resonating. I really relate to Chika far more than I ever imagined. I've always considered myself average - even subpar - yet I wanted to work hard and do something that would make my life truly shine. Looking back, that mindset has taken me a long ways and I've often been told that I've done extraordinary things even though it never felt that way to me. In fact, I ended up losing my way and lost sight of that. Still, I think now I can truly appreciate what I've been able to do and I want to renew those feelings with Chika's determination in mind.
Jan 3, 2018 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
Riko went with Yoshiko play without realizing it as a reflex & when she realized she was like WTH am i doing? lol
Apr 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Jul 2008
The episode dragged a bit for me, but I have to admit I got chills when Chika was gearing up to do the move during the performance and it cut back to her running past all her smiling teammates toward Kanan.

2Dculture said:
Chika crashing through the door was hilarious.. but the end performance clip didn't show the move? Or am I missing something?

It really didn't show it well. It looks like she did a round-off back hand spring.... which is a pretty basic gymnastics move.

And if that /is/ what she was doing, it doesn't make sense how she would be falling on her face all the time when practicing? She would instead by landing on her back/neck from a failed flip...whatever.
Jan 30, 2019 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
the outfits they wear for this performance are adorable
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.