Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
It's a solid story with not so much over the top characters and no fanservice like most modern anime! Yes there is still some cliche humour spread here and there but overall I think people just like it because these type of anime are pretty rare these days.

Nov 9, 2017 9:56 AM

Oct 2015
In a season saturated with mediocre or trash shows it's comparatively of good quality and competent in what it does. That said I think the rating is a bit too high (personally prefer the OVA so far but will have to see how this progresses before making a final judgment).
Nov 9, 2017 10:55 AM
Oct 2017
Ataccot said:
In a season saturated with mediocre or trash shows it's comparatively of good quality and competent in what it does. That said I think the rating is a bit too high (personally prefer the OVA so far but will have to see how this progresses before making a final judgment).

Looks like you are not watching the right shows. This season is pretty loaded compared to the previous few, enough that there are several shows right now that are much better than Mahoutsukai no Yome.
Nov 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2015
Niello said:
Ataccot said:

Looks like you are not watching the right shows. This season is pretty loaded compared to the previous few, enough that there are several shows right now that are much better than Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Well I didn't say it was all bad, but there are quite a few shows in between high and low ratings, and a lot of stuff at a low 7 or below 7. Meanwhile most of the highest rated are sequels/continuations of series. I know these ratings are subjective, but they at least give a good idea of the quality of an anime in the view of the masses.

In my opinion there just isn't a very good selection of new series this time around.
Nov 9, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Ataccot said:
Niello said:

Well I didn't say it was all bad, but there are quite a few shows in between high and low ratings, and a lot of stuff at a low 7 or below 7. Meanwhile most of the highest rated are sequels/continuations of series. I know these ratings are subjective, but they at least give a good idea of the quality of an anime in the view of the masses.

In my opinion there just isn't a very good selection of new series this time around.

This season is great and so is this show. Just avoid the bad shows and stick with the better ones and the season will appear better in your eyes.
Nov 9, 2017 1:43 PM
Oct 2017
Ataccot said:
Niello said:

MAL rating is one of the worst you can use to judge the quality of a show on. If you think some of the shows this seasons aren't that great because they don't break the 8 point mark on MAL, you are very mistaken.

I can see several that are pretty underrate atm. As well as some that are quite overrated (Kino and MoY in particular).
Nov 9, 2017 5:23 PM

Oct 2015
Niello said:
Ataccot said:

MAL rating is one of the worst you can use to judge the quality of a show on. If you think some of the shows this seasons aren't that great because they don't break the 8 point mark on MAL, you are very mistaken.

I can see several that are pretty underrate atm. As well as some that are quite overrated (Kino and MoY in particular).

I mean I don't dismiss shows just because of their ratings, I was just saying they give some form of idea about the show. I've tried some of the lower rated anime this season, and while I think some are all right and I can see the appeal in them, I can also see why they have the scores they do. In the end it's all a matter of opinions anyway.
Nov 9, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Ataccot said:

MnY is definitely not overrated. I could be at a 6.00 and you'd still somehow think it is because you gave it a 3...

Nov 9, 2017 6:47 PM
Oct 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Niello said:

MnY is definitely not overrated. I could be at a 6.00 and you'd still somehow think it is because you gave it a 3...

Hi there, we meet again troll-kun.
Nov 13, 2017 1:06 AM

Mar 2017
No clue it's a terrible anime in every sense except aesthetics.
Nov 13, 2017 2:55 AM
Nov 2017
Some people just have Diffrent options is all I like it a lot so far because it's really sweet in a quirky kind of way and I have a real desire to see chise become more happy t hats all so maybe a lot of people feel the same way or have there own reasons

I know it's hard to understand opions that aren't your own but hey that's the point of opions
Nov 13, 2017 5:57 AM

Oct 2013
Tsuyuhane said:
You ever watched Natsume Yuujinchou? Ever watched Mushi-shi? If you haven't then I recommend checking them out. However, if magic world, fantasy setting, or any kind of spiritual paranormal does not interest you, I highly doubt Mahoutsukai no Yome or any of the anime I just typed will interested you. One thing for certain is that people as a general FACT likes weird ideas and things. We don't say it, but in truth, it's within our nature to want to know more and explore more. And this anime, ah-man... does a pretty good job on it. Now tell me, what kind of anime that involves a weird looking demon-human mage all of the suddenly, show up at the auction and bid on a red-hair girl for a large sum't think of anything oh so similar to an idea like this, then I advise you to rethink why t? If you can answer this, then completely disregard this message. But if you canhis anime is rated so highly. Instead of looking by your view of point, why don't you try to look it at a different perspective. It might not interest you because that's simply your taste. It's just not your style and that's absolutely fine. I've taken a look at both Clannad and After Story and I understand why so many people are hyped and rated so high about it, but it won't changed the fact that I wasn't into it. But a more simple answer would be because people likes it. If it wasn't good than people would rated badly. Unless you think this is some kind of conspiracy, in which, people are hired to rate this anime as high as possible.

Have not watched those yet but I tend to like those settings.
Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite movies.
That's precisely why I'm letdown by Mahoutsukai.

>Anime that involves a weird looking demon-human mage all of the suddenly, show up at the auction and bid on a red-hair girl for a large sum

And why is that such a revolutionary concept? If talking only about the skeleton dude, there's Overlord (which is pretty bad but that's another story).
Nov 13, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2016
The ovas were a lot more enjoyable. I was excited to watch the anime and enjoy it but the story turned to be not so good, really. The only thing i can say it's great is the animation and nothing more asdfg of course this is my opinion, so~
Nov 13, 2017 2:19 PM
Nov 2017
"And why is that such a revolutionary concept? If talking only about the skeleton dude, there's Overlord (which is pretty bad but that's another story)."

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by revolutionary concept. If you mean by how is it innovative, like I said, if you can find an anime, and I'm only talking about anime here, that involves a girl being sold off to an eccentric mage, who eventually wants to marry her as a story and plot line, please do tell. Because I haven't which makes it interesting because it is a new concept, if not new, then more of a step to step innovative idea, meaning the idea was taken somewhere and took a step beyond that and not being afraid to use that idea. Of course, whether it is a good idea or a bad idea, more importantly is how the story progresses and executed.

"If talking only about the skeleton dude, there's Overlord (which is pretty bad but that's another story)."

Seriously? Skeleton dude? Clearly, you stopped watching because on the 6th episode, we learn a bit more of Elias. Actually he already said a few times in the previous episode, but he is a half-baked mage. He is half human and half fairy. His face may be bony, but that doesn't make him a skeleton dude like Brook from One Piece. We also learn from the plot line on the 6th episode. Elias reason why he bought the girl at the auction because he wanted to know more about human precisely because he is a half human and half fairy. He lack emotion, and/or empathy. He believes that if he raise a human by his own, he could somehow perceive the feeling of human. Of course, he does say it himself that he understand why human become happy, angry, sad, etc. when in a certain situation/scenario, but couldn't feel it.

Okay, yeah, I can see why the story wouldn't be much and that, I can understand how it can be boring to some people. While, it's not going to be an amazing story with plot twist like FMA:B, but the characters are interesting, at least, to me. It just that they aren't well developed out yet, but I can see the potential of it getting even better as long as the author doesn't F*** it up. We barely progress in a few episode. I'm hoping and expecting more than 24 episode of the anime. And if the anime discontinue, then I'm hoping for the manga to finish it off.

But ultimately, as I said, like and dislike differs from everybody. I believe most already stated that too. Majority of people including myself, just believe this anime deserve a high rating, that's it. Like I said, Clannad: After Story had a crazy high rating, perhaps, one of the highest rating of anime of all time, and I seriously was not into. I can agreed that it is a good anime and probably even deserve that high rating, but the anime wasn't for me because it was too serious and dramatic for my taste. Can we just agree to disagree that just how it is? You wanted to know why Mahoutsukai no Yome is so highly rated, with this much context, not just my own, isn't that enough to answer your question?

Here is a simplified reasons of why it is highly rate:

-It could be from the hyped of the trailers and people started rating it high, if so, then that really sucks. (so far, Violet Evergarden is like that)
-People thought the title was interesting and how it will turn out in the story.
-Weird things interest people (not everybody, but most).
-A sucker for magic and fantasy setting (even if story may be boring to some).
-It has that calming and reminiscing and spiritual moments that not many anime has now these days.
-For purely casual entertainment, the progression of the series isn't bad at all.
-It may reminds people of studio ghibli.
-Sometimes, a simple story/plot is better at times than a complicated one because it will know how to end when the timing is right. (this is just me though)

There's probably more of other reasons why, but this should be enough, I hope. My point is, there are tons of other anime out there and which ever consumers wants to rate something high, they'll do so if the anime clicks with them. It's really as simple as that. And if you don't believe it should be highly rated, then that's just you and some other people, I suppose. Objectively, I would give Mahoutsukai no Yome a 7/10 because yes, the plot is really simple. It's also innovative, because like I said, I have never heard of an anime like this before. The title is what interested me from the start. It is simple because it really just about a mage wanting to marry a girl. Depending on the execution, it could be a terrible anime, or really good one. So far, it is objectively a 7/10 when I'm being fair to both side of the agreement and the against. If the show ends really well, it would objectively be a 8/10. Personally, it's a 9/10 for and would be a 10/10 if ends well, but if badly, it would be 8/10 or 7/10 personally if the ending just sucks somehow in someway.
Nov 13, 2017 2:39 PM
Oct 2017
Tsuyuhane said:

-It could be from the hyped of the trailers and people started rating it high, if so, then that really sucks. (so far, Violet Evergarden is like that)
-People thought the title was interesting and how it will turn out in the story.
-It has that calming and reminiscing and spiritual moments that not many anime has now these days.
-For purely casual entertainment, the progression of the series isn't bad at all.
-Sometimes, a simple story/plot is better at times than a complicated one because it will know how to end when the timing is right. (this is just me though)

Let's be real now, the real reasons why this show is as overrated as it currently is is because of

- The large manga fanbase. Many of whom hype this thing up like it's the best thing ever. Meanwhile, there is a much less well known manga with similar rating and a bunch of other similar characteristics, that is arguably on par or better.

- The hype from the OVA, which right now I don't think most people would disagree if I say is much better than the TV series so far.

- Pretty music and background visuals. Sometimes just having those two things right can fool plenty of people into thinking that something is a quality show. Children of Whales got a boost from this as well.
Nov 13, 2017 3:16 PM
Nov 2017
Niello said:
Tsuyuhane said:

Let's be real now, the real reasons why this show is as overrated as it currently is is because of

- The large manga fanbase. Many of whom hype this thing up like it's the best thing ever. Meanwhile, there is a much less well known manga with similar rating and a bunch of other similar characteristics, that is arguably on par or better.

- The hype from the OVA, which right now I don't think most people would disagree if I say is much better than the TV series so far.

- Pretty music and background visuals. Sometimes just having those two things right can fool plenty of people into thinking that something is a quality show. Children of Whales got a boost from this as well.

That might as well be it, but I have never watched the OVA yet, which I probably should, and I have no idea about the large manga fanbase thing since I hardly read manga unless the anime discontinue and the manga continues it.

Pretty music would definitely fool me, but not much of background visuals. When it comes to the game world like PS4 and Xbox One to PC, I get lots of arguments about how people like games that are based on 60 FPS and with 1080P - 4k and stuff like that. Graphics and all is not really my forte and I don't really care much for it as long as it watchable. I don't know about you, but so far I'm liking the show. I don't know about the people that rated high for Mahoutsukai no Yome, but under my book, it's at least, deserves 7/10, if not least, than the most 9/10. Simply my taste of anime. Not going by objectivity, it's more of a feel. It's like music. Where there is absolute music, there is folksy composition piece that is played freely by feel. and that's what it is like watching MnY. It just feels right whether it is hype or not or highly overrated, etc.
Nov 13, 2017 3:20 PM
Oct 2017
Tsuyuhane said:
Niello said:

That might as well be it, but I have never watched the OVA yet, which I probably should, and I have no idea about the large manga fanbase thing since I hardly read manga unless the anime discontinue and the manga continues it.

Pretty music would definitely fool me, but not much of background visuals. When it comes to the game world like PS4 and Xbox One to PC, I get lots of arguments about how people like games that are based on 60 FPS and with 1080P - 4k and stuff like that. Graphics and all is not really my forte and I don't really care much for it as long as it watchable. I don't know about you, but so far I'm liking the show. I don't know about the people that rated high for Mahoutsukai no Yome, but under my book, it's at least, deserves 7/10, if not least, than the most 9/10. Simply my taste of anime. Not going by objectivity, it's more of a feel. It's like music. Where there is absolute music, there is folksy composition piece that is played freely by feel. and that's what it is like watching MnY. It just feels right whether it is hype or not or highly overrated, etc.

Well yes, but so far you rated everything above 8. I'm not saying you shouldn't do that, but there are people who are more critical about picking apart what's good and what's bad and just more harsh with ratings, especially those who have watched more shows. If two shows are good, but one is even better than the other, then on top of highlighting that both are good it's also important to highlight when something goes even beyond that.
NielloNov 13, 2017 3:25 PM
Nov 13, 2017 3:31 PM
Nov 2017
Niello said:
Tsuyuhane said:

Well yes, but so far you rated everything above 8.

What are you some kind of creepy cop. Hold your horses man, the review I did was based off on 1 - 2 episodes and it honestly impressed me. Everything is rated above because it's based on how I feel initially. I do plan on changing it after the show ends, but for now, I'm leaving it as it. As I have stated already, if based on objectivity, the least, I would go is a 7/10, but because this is on a personal level, I'm rating it 9/10 for now. Don't get me wrong, I still think this anime deserve a high rating for what's it's worth. The story may be simple, but if it follow true to the end with no loop hole whatsoever, it definitely deserves more than just a 7/10.
Nov 13, 2017 3:43 PM
Oct 2017
Tsuyuhane said:
Niello said:

Well yes, but so far you rated everything above 8.

What are you some kind of creepy cop. Hold your horses man, the review I did was based off on 1 - 2 episodes and it honestly impressed me. Everything is rated above because it's based on how I feel initially. I do plan on changing it after the show ends, but for now, I'm leaving it as it. As I have stated already, if based on objectivity, the least, I would go is a 7/10, but because this is on a personal level, I'm rating it 9/10 for now. Don't get me wrong, I still think this anime deserve a high rating for what's it's worth. The story may be simple, but if it follow true to the end with no loop hole whatsoever, it definitely deserves more than just a 7/10.

Don't be so hasty, reread my earlier post.
Nov 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Sep 2014
What the hell.

How can this anime already be overrated? The 5th episode concluded the first volume only, there is so much more coming soon in the anime. I consent the score isn't representative of the whole story since there isn't much that have been adapted yet. But regardless, we're not dealing with something rated above 8.80 or even in the top 50.
Nov 13, 2017 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
Niello said:
Tsuyuhane said:

What are you talking about? I'm being defensive, not hasty. Because you figured that my post is completely different from what I have reviewed, that's why you said, "Well yes, but so far you rated everything above 8." However, I said "you some kind of creepy cop. Hold your horses man." is an expression that you are checking up on me, which is the reason why you said "rated everything above 8" because you wouldn't know that unless you check my review. The thing about that makes it creepy because I'm just posting my thoughts and it looks like you are trying to make more of it by proving me wrong or something (I could be wrong since I'm being presumptuous and if I am, I apologize for that). And "Hold your horses man." is a phrase saying to wait for a moment. But what I was really going for is "think about it for a moment before saying." Because, you could of thought, "oh wait, this review could have been based on subjectivity instead of objectivity" in which case, you probably didn't even need to reply back with "so far you rated everything above 8." Yes, I get it, it sounds contradicting from my post and from my review. But if you read it carefully from my review, there is absolutely no objectivity in it. It's simply based on how I feel (subjectivity). There is a difference. Should I be more objective in my review? Maybe, but there's no rule of saying I can't be purely subjective. Yes, by being objective, you can make a case more convincing to agree with. However, reviews like that are plenty in the world already. I want to have my own voice. A voice that can be appreciated by people who feel the same way as I do about a show.

So, I have no idea what you mean by hasty, and yes, I actually read your inital post and everything before I typed this. So, quite frankly, I don't know what this is all about. Am I overthinking this?
Nov 13, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2015
Cool_Mango said:

No, but nice attempt at trolling.

Nov 13, 2017 4:05 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Tsuyuhane said:

"fool people into that something is a quality show." Elitism level over 9000.

Nov 13, 2017 4:10 PM
Oct 2017
Tsuyuhane said:
Niello said:

What are you talking about? I'm being defensive, not hasty. Because you figured that my post is completely different from what I have reviewed, that's why you said, "Well yes, but so far you rated everything above 8." However, I said "you some kind of creepy cop. Hold your horses man." is an expression that you are checking up on me, which is the reason why you said "rated everything above 8" because you wouldn't know that unless you check my review. The thing about that makes it creepy because I'm just posting my thoughts and it looks like you are trying to make more of it by proving me wrong or something (I could be wrong since I'm being presumptuous and if I am, I apologize for that). And "Hold your horses man." is a phrase saying to wait for a moment. But what I was really going for is "think about it for a moment before saying." Because, you could of thought, "oh wait, this review could have been based on subjectivity instead of objectivity" in which case, you probably didn't even need to reply back with "so far you rated everything above 8." Yes, I get it, it sounds contradicting from my post and from my review. But if you read it carefully from my review, there is absolutely no objectivity in it. It's simply based on how I feel (subjectivity). There is a difference. Should I be more objective in my review? Maybe, but there's no rule of saying I can't be purely subjective. Yes, by being objective, you can make a case more convincing to agree with. However, reviews like that are plenty in the world already. I want to have my own voice. A voice that can be appreciated by people who feel the same way as I do about a show.

So, I have no idea what you mean by hasty, and yes, I actually read your inital post and everything before I typed this. So, quite frankly, I don't know what this is all about. Am I overthinking this?

What I mean is that there's more to my post than that. If you had just scroll up you would see that I already explained myself there. that's why I said you were being hasty.

As for me checking your MAL, how is that creepy at all? If you don't want people to check it you should have just set it to private. You were talking about how you would rate the show, but I don't know anything thing about you. looking at what kind of show you have watched, how many, and what you think highly of is the best and easiest way for me to get a bearing of your position, unless you never want me to reply or have a discucssion in the first place. Different people have different ways of rating things, just saying you're going to rate something an 8 doesn't tell me much at all unless I have a point of reference. I have seen people who use a rating system where a 7 is perfect to them, for example. You are getting defensive for nothing really. I'm saying the show is current overrated, but overrated doesn't equal bad. Right now the anime score is even above the manga. The manga is much further along and cover way more content than this season will ever do. So far there are only 6 episodes, and it haven't prove much of what the manga has already shown. Do you think that basing only on the content shown so far, it deserve to be placed even bove its source material?
NielloNov 13, 2017 4:20 PM
Nov 13, 2017 4:10 PM
Oct 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Niello said:

Shut up troll. People are having proper conversation over here.
Nov 13, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Kittens-kun said:

You're in denial, it's ok.

Nov 13, 2017 4:21 PM
Oct 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Niello said:

Perhaps it's because the last time I had a conversation with you, you seem to keep fanboying without ever giving any solid point? Oh and don't reply to me. Frankly, I have better things to do than talk to you.
Nov 13, 2017 4:28 PM

Sep 2014
Niello said:
Kittens-kun said:

Perhaps it's because the last time I had a conversation with you, you seem to keep fanboying without ever giving any solid point? Oh and don't reply to me. Frankly, I have better things to do than talk to you.

LOL what are you on? You're acting like you're some sort of boss and that he is currently treading into your private room. You need to chill out. I bet when you wrote that you were initially expected to receive some replies so don't complain that you receive shit when you spit confidently in the air.
Nov 13, 2017 4:32 PM
Oct 2017
Hrybami said:
Niello said:

LOL what are you on? You're acting like you're some sort of boss and that he is currently treading into your private room. You need to chill out. I bet when you wrote that you were initially expected to receive some replies so don't complain that you receive shit when you spit confidently in the air.

Exactly what I mean. My last conversation with him in one of the discussion threads, where I just felt like I wasted my time. He basically bashed anyone who doesn't have the same opinion with him. Discussing reasons with him didn't do anything either because he just straight up ignored them and continue bashing people until I felt there's just no point talking.

I wasn't even talking to him and he just busted in and insulted me out of the blue. What did you expected me to do? This isn't the first time either. Since from previous times it's clear that he doesn't want to discuss anything, calling him a troll is more than fair imo.
NielloNov 13, 2017 4:38 PM
Nov 13, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Kittens-kun said:

And you seem to be hating without making any points. All you've said was elitist bs.

Nov 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
Niello said:
Hrybami said:

Exactly what I mean. My last conversation with him in one of the discussion threads, where I just felt like I wasted my time. He basically bashed anyone who doesn't have the same opinion with him. Discussing reasons with him didn't do anything either because he just straight up ignored them and continue bashing people until I felt there's just no point talking.

I wasn't even talking to him and he just busted in and insulted me out of the blue. What did you expected me to do?

I don't know what you're expecting more from a forum. But in a forum, anything you say you will always have someone who will disagree with you. And right now you're making such a big deal out of this. Justifying yourself and proving your point are not a reason why people should stop responding to you. I don't think you could change his opinion, or anybody opinion at this point. You have yours and we have ours. It's not you who is going to change anything.
Nov 13, 2017 4:51 PM
Oct 2017
Hrybami said:
Niello said:

I wasn't even talking to him and he just busted in and insulted me out of the blue. What did you expected me to do?

I don't know what you're expecting more from a forum. But in a forum, anything you say you will always have someone who will disagree with you. And right now you're making such a big deal out of this. Justifying yourself and proving your point are not a reason why people should stop responding to you. I don't think you could change his opinion, or anybody opinion at this point. You have yours and we have ours. It's not you who is going to change anything.

If he actually has any point to make, that would be one thing. He doesn't. That wouldn't even be a problem, if it's not because every single time I have posted on this board so far he just comment stuff like above, and then leave. If I reply to him, he just comment more of that without making any real point. Basically, he's acting like a guard dog for the show. Initially when this happened a few weeks back, I was quite new to MAL and someone advised me through pm to just ignore him. Unfortunately he just kept at it whenever I post something around here. If it's about the show that'd be fine, but mostly it's just personal attacks as you have seen above.
Nov 13, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Hrybami said:

If he actually has any point to make, that would be one thing. He doesn't. That wouldn't even be a problem, if it's not because every single time I have posted on this board so far he just comment stuff like above, and then leave. If I reply to him, he just comment more of that without making any real point. Basically, he's acting like a guard dog for the show. Initially when this happened a few weeks back, I was quite new to MAL and someone advised me through pm to just ignore him. Unfortunately he just kept at it whenever I post something around here. If it's about the show that'd be fine, but mostly it's just personal attacks as you have seen above.

It's funny how you think you've made points yourself. The guy you were arguing with shut down everything you said, to the point where you defended your stance by saying people only like the show because it has good music and pretty backgrounds. That they're fools for calling this show good because you alone deem it to be of low quality. How is that not elitism?

Nov 13, 2017 5:11 PM
Oct 2017
Kittens-kun said:
The guy you were arguing with shut down everything you said, to the point where you defended your stance by saying people only like the show because it has good music and pretty backgrounds. That they're fools for calling this show good because you alone deem it to be of low quality. How is that not elitism?

A good way to show someone around here doesn't have good reading comprehension. You are the one acting like an elitist around here.

Niello said:
I'm saying the show is current overrated, but overrated doesn't equal bad.
Nov 13, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Kittens-kun said:
The guy you were arguing with shut down everything you said, to the point where you defended your stance by saying people only like the show because it has good music and pretty backgrounds. That they're fools for calling this show good because you alone deem it to be of low quality. How is that not elitism?

A good way to show someone around here doesn't have good reading comprehension. You are the one acting like an elitist around here.

Niello said:
I'm saying the show is current overrated, but overrated doesn't equal bad.

That quote doesn't really mean much when you actually do think it's bad anyway. Like, it being overrated or not doesn't matter because you'd shit on it either way.

Nov 13, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
Niello said:
Hrybami said:

Okay I get where you came from, but honestly you need to chill out. Because the way you talk it looks like you pretend to rule over everyone else. Maybe that's not your intention, but it's really what you're looking like.
Nov 13, 2017 5:29 PM
Oct 2017
Hrybami said:
Niello said:

Okay I get where you came from, but honestly you need to chill out. Because the way you talk it looks like you pretend to rule over everyone else. Maybe that's not your intention, but it's really what you're looking like.

Thank you for understanding. I just don't have a lot of patience for people like him after a few encounters.

Perhaps it seems that way because I'm in the manga reader camp that's a bit disappointed with how the show turned out. For such a good source material, the anime is hardly making full use of it.
NielloNov 13, 2017 5:33 PM
Nov 13, 2017 5:30 PM

Mar 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Cool_Mango said:

No, but nice attempt at trolling.

Funny thing is.. I wasn't even trolling, it's a bad anime so far
Nov 13, 2017 5:33 PM

May 2015
Niello said:
Hrybami said:

Thank you for understanding. I just don't have a lot of patience for people like him after a few encounters.

If you're going to keep talking about me, @ me or something.

Nov 13, 2017 7:05 PM
Nov 2017
Niello said:
Tsuyuhane said:

What I mean is that there's more to my post than that. If you had just scroll up you would see that I already explained myself there. that's why I said you were being hasty.

As for me checking your MAL, how is that creepy at all? If you don't want people to check it you should have just set it to private. You were talking about how you would rate the show, but I don't know anything thing about you. looking at what kind of show you have watched, how many, and what you think highly of is the best and easiest way for me to get a bearing of your position, unless you never want me to reply or have a discucssion in the first place. Different people have different ways of rating things, just saying you're going to rate something an 8 doesn't tell me much at all unless I have a point of reference. I have seen people who use a rating system where a 7 is perfect to them, for example. You are getting defensive for nothing really. I'm saying the show is current overrated, but overrated doesn't equal bad. Right now the anime score is even above the manga. The manga is much further along and cover way more content than this season will ever do. So far there are only 6 episodes, and it haven't prove much of what the manga has already shown. Do you think that basing only on the content shown so far, it deserve to be placed even bove its source material?

You mean reread your post the didn't involve a conversation with me? Yeah, sorry, but I'm probably not going to do that because I already agreed with the points that you made. You've said "Let's be real now, the real reasons why this show is as overrated as it currently is is because of

- Pretty music and background visuals. Sometimes just having those two things right can fool plenty of people into thinking that something is a quality show. Children of Whales got a boost from this as well"

Honestly, that's why I didn't understand what you meant by hasty. and that's precisely why I got defensive because I'm not being hasty at all. I already agreed with you're points that you've made and figure that was it until you brought up the point of me being hasty for no reason. Also, it's alright to look at review and checking profile here and there, but my point in this conversation is the forum and on the post forum online. That means, you didn't have to check my review or anything because it wasn't necessary to do so. When you do that, it makes it as if you're some creepy person trying to find what is wrong with the person's review just for the sake of proving a point when it shouldn't matter more than what it is. My point for writing on the forum was for sake of the forum of answering people's questions and doubts, not to get some kind of evidence and proving people what is right and wrong here. Not attacking on you or anything, it just what it seems to me what you were doing. I had already mildly agreed with your point when you first reply to me. But for some weird reason, that wasn't enough for you and you said I was being "hasty" and wanted me to reread your other post? Yeah, I seriously don't get it. What's the argument here? Saying I was "hasty" when I wasn't from the start made no sense, which is why I am replying back defensively in the first place. You should of just not reply at all when I already agreed with your points. So, what was the point of needing to reread your previous post that had nothing to do with my post? It would be a different story if I didn't agree with your points and you wanted to convince me otherwise by your previous post unrelating to my original post. That's why saying I'm hasty bothers me when in actuality, you made it more than what it is; in turn made me made this more than what it is. >.> Can we stop here? I tend to take words at heart and easily get heated. While, not angry, upset, or anything else, I'm easily frustrated or annoyed. Anyway, I'm going to take a chill pill now. Nice talking with ya. I'll end my post here.
Nov 13, 2017 7:32 PM
Oct 2017
Tsuyuhane said:
Niello said:

You mean reread your post the didn't involve a conversation with me? Yeah, sorry, but I'm probably not going to do that because I already agreed with the points that you made.

Huh, how did you come to that conclusion? the conversation stuff thing was my peeve with him and completely unrelated to this, don't concern yourself with it (just thinking about it tires me out, I'm not going to drag you into that mess).

You've said "Let's be real now, the real reasons why this show is as overrated as it currently is is because of

- Pretty music and background visuals. Sometimes just having those two things right can fool plenty of people into thinking that something is a quality show. Children of Whales got a boost from this as well"

Honestly, that's why I didn't understand what you meant by hasty. and that's precisely why I got defensive because I'm not being hasty at all. I already agreed with you're points that you've made and figure that was it until you brought up the point of me being hasty for no reason.

Ah, I think we have a misunderstanding here. When I said "hasty" what I was referring to is that I made a post (the one about you rating more than 8). Then I thought I sounded a bit like an asshole so I went back and edited the post to explain what I mean. However, you replied, calling me out and stuff for the score thing, which I thought was fair. But I felt like you might've done that before seeing my edit. And so we comes back to my hasty comment. It wasn't about the show, I was just wondering if you saw my complete comment after the edit.

Also, it's alright to look at review and checking profile here and there, but my point in this conversation is the forum and on the post forum online. That means, you didn't have to check my review or anything because it wasn't necessary to do so. When you do that, it makes it as if you're some creepy person trying to find what is wrong with the person's review just for the sake of proving a point when it shouldn't matter more than what it is.

I never read your review though? I didn't even know you wrote one for this show. Since you mentioned giving the show an 8 I just look at your anime list for a quick reference of how you score stuff and what you've seen.

My point for writing on the forum was for sake of the forum of answering people's questions and doubts, not to get some kind of evidence and proving people what is right and wrong here. Not attacking on you or anything, it just what it seems to me what you were doing.

I wasn't attacking you, and I also don't feel like you're attacking me. I just thought there's some kind of misunderstanding, which seems to be the case here.

I had already mildly agreed with your point when you first reply to me. But for some weird reason, that wasn't enough for you and you said I was being "hasty" and wanted me to reread your other post? Yeah, I seriously don't get it. What's the argument here? Saying I was "hasty" when I wasn't from the start made no sense, which is why I am replying back defensively in the first place. You should of just not reply at all when I already agreed with your points. So, what was the point of needing to reread your previous post that had nothing to do with my post? It would be a different story if I didn't agree with your points and you wanted to convince me otherwise by your previous post unrelating to my original post. That's why saying I'm hasty bothers me when in actuality, you made it more than what it is; in turn made me made this more than what it is. >.> Can we stop here? I tend to take words at heart and easily get heated. While, not angry, upset, or anything else, I'm easily frustrated or annoyed. Anyway, I'm going to take a chill pill now. Nice talking with ya. I'll end my post here.

Like I said, misunderstandings...

Was my explanation clear?
Nov 14, 2017 10:21 PM
Nov 2017
I was just wondering myself why this is sooo popular because all I've noticed is the charming,magical scenery and enchanting beings, really reminds me of Studio Ghibli except the story itself isn't very spectacular from what I've seen..just beautiful art.
Nov 19, 2017 7:50 PM

Sep 2015
IDK, The OVA definitely help understand Chise's past, and its what got me to really want to watch the full series. Nonetheless, the anime should go over her past regardless. Wouldn't make sense to not do so...
Nov 19, 2017 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
Not too highly rated think 8.56 is about right

Show seems to have a lot of potential
It's just one of those slow burners. Though i can see the pacing being a turn off for some.

I feel like this is actually a magical show done right.
zzzeallyNov 19, 2017 10:00 PM

Nov 19, 2017 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
I haven't given this anime a try yet, but I can tell you that if it's anything like Natsume or Mushishi, I'll probably rate it high (so long as it pulls it off well).

I need more anime up that alley.
Nov 21, 2017 4:59 PM

Jun 2012
Episode 7 explains it quite right.
Nov 21, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 2014
Because people like something that you don't like
How else am I supposed to answer that?
Forum Signature
Nov 21, 2017 10:51 PM
May 2016
Nothing captivating in the anime, till now there’s 0 story, nothing to look forward to. It should be a fitting 5 for the anime
Nov 26, 2017 8:49 AM

Aug 2016
Whoa i had big expectaions about this title but they were to be completely crushed by what show really happened to be.
This show couldnt even create interesting premise in the first 5 episodes i have watched, but already had shown it's bad sides, like an awfull characterization with two main caracters i cant feel for, cause both are very strage in bad way, the Elias being incredibly protective over Chise for no reason, and thats all we know about him for sure, and a Chise herself having little to no personality, to say worse half of her voicelines consit of repeating after what other characters saying, this tells a lot about her mental condition. She's completely helpless and worthless by herself and relies on Elies to do all the job but still she doesnt obliged to him in a slightest and continues to threat him like nothing. This seems incredibly irritating to me and i feel like suffocating without a breathe of some true feelings.
The show seems like being oriented towards younger female auditory who can place themselves on a Chise's place without much efforts.
SilentNoxNov 26, 2017 8:52 AM
Nov 26, 2017 9:24 AM
May 2017
Because 'Mahoutsukai no Yome' deserves. The manga is great and the anime has a top quality production and follows the manga story accurately. The story is very good. Its focus on United Kingdom's mythology, ancient religion and the clash with the Apostholic Catholic Church is great. Its characters develop in interesting ways. The main couple is adorable. Chise and Elias were born for each other.

By the other side, nothing in the Universe is an unanimity; therefore, there are people who like and do not like everything.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.