Forum Settings
Forums

Cast and Additional Staff Members of 'Darling in the FranXX' Anime Announced

New
Nov 8, 2017 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
A preview for the Darling in the FranXX original anime series has been released and revealed additional details for the upcoming series. Animated by Trigger and A-1 Pictures, the anime is slated for Winter 2018 and will be broadcast via Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, BS11, ABS Asahi Housou, and Nagoya TV.

Cast
Hiro: Yuuto Uemura (the Bungou Stray Dogs series)
Ichigo: Kana Ichinose
Goro: Yuuichirou Umehara (Juuni Taisen)
Futoshi: Hiroki Gotou (Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season)
Zorome: Mutsumi Tamura (Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On)
Miku: Nanami Yamashita (the Wake Up, Girls! series)
Kokoro: Saori Hayami (Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi)
Ikuno: Shizuka Ishigami (Mahoujin Guruguru (2017))
Mitsuru: Aoi Ichikawa (Just Because!)
Zero Two: Haruka Tomatsu (the Youkai Watch series)

Staff
Action Supervision: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Kill la Kill director)
Mistilteinn Design: Shouko Nakamura (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann animation director)
Kyouryuu Design: Shouta Iwasaki (Arata naru Sekai: World's/Start/Load/End key animation)
Art Setting: Yoshinori Shiozawa (Hoshi no Umi no Amuri art director)
Art Director: Satoru Hirayanagi (Youjo Senki)
Color Setting: Kazuko Nakashima (the Sword Art Online series)
3D Directors: Shougo Tsurii (Ryuu no Haisha), Ryuuta Undou (Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale CG director)
3DCG: Studio Khara, A-1 Pictures
Monitor Graphics: Kayoko Zama (Gravity Daze The Animation: Ouverture)
Director of Photography: Yuuya Sakuma (Shelter)
Music: Asami Tachibana (Owari no Seraph)
Sound Director: Shouji Hata (Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari)
Editing: Akinori Mishima (Strike Witches)

PV 1

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: animate Times
SnowNov 8, 2017 10:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't see much CG in the PV, which I thought would be unavoidable with a mecha (??) show, and it makes me really happy as I'm looking forward to this show and the potential new best girl Zero Two.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 8, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Kokoro: Saori Hayami - does she lack a golden pool with a gold dolphin as a set for a golden villa?
Nov 8, 2017 8:27 AM
Mar 2014
Ah, more of Koyama Shigeto's delicious mechanical design. Wonderful.

Looking forward to this series—even if it's not quality, it's pretty much guaranteed to be fun. Didn't realise it was airing so soon...

Also, huh? The music isn't by Sawano? It sounds identical to his style. Maybe she's doing it as a homage, or maybe they couldn't get Sawano this time around so they're resorting to her? I dunno. Nice stuff either way.

joe_g7 said:
I didn't see much CG in the PV, which I thought would be unavoidable with a mecha (??) show, and it makes me really happy as I'm looking forward to this show and the potential new best girl Zero Two.

CG didn't exist for the majority of the history of mecha anime, so it's not all that surprising. It's really only in the last ten or so years that we started to see it, and Production IG's later Ghost in the Shell movies and Stand Alone Complex are largely to thank for that. There's still been lots of 2D mechanical animation; Eureka Seven, Star Driver, Captain Earth, the Evangelion reboots, and of course the mainline Gundam stuff is still sticking to it. And those are just examples off the top of my head.
vegetablespiritNov 8, 2017 8:31 AM
Nov 8, 2017 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
I hope Trigger manages to resurrect Gainax mecha style. Previews are looking good.

Nov 8, 2017 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
welp the music is not from Sawano lol but still hype

i heard Imaishi is gonna animate some mecha fights on this
Nov 8, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2016
The only studios that have the ability to make 2D robots are [or were] Gainax, Bones, Sunrise and believe me if you want Studio Actas. With the moral bankruptcy of Gainax and its extinction, today the only ones competent to make animations are Trigger, Bones, Sunrise and Studio Actas. Apart from these studios, no other studio has the ability to make giant robot animes.
Nov 8, 2017 9:25 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It looks very stylish, the color pallet is really my ballpark, will be interesting to see if this can live up to expectations.
Nov 8, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
CM 4

Summary Rough Translation:
tsubasaloverNov 8, 2017 10:20 AM
Nov 8, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2015
isekai said:
welp the music is not from Sawano lol but still hype

i heard Imaishi is gonna animate some mecha fights on this
its not sawano but is from the woman that have give music with him and yuki hayashi

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Nov 8, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2010
Too bad we barely saw anything with the mechs, not really hyped yet tbh, Zero Two is the only character that doesn't look generic and boring which is a shame. Gonna give it a try though.
Nov 8, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
I'm disappointed at the lack of mech footage. The character designs look like nothing to write home about.

Nov 8, 2017 10:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
for a more than 3 minutes PV, its a little bit disappointing.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 8, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
The PV doesn't say much however from the style alone I think it gives or does the Tanaka artstyle justice, which is what I really enjoy about.

Honestly I do have some questions if there's any kind of clear synopsis or something along those lines... and based on what I just saw which are KIND of important to say the least? Is that there's some shit going on... if it is a lot later on I hope this can be like 24 episodes or something, or 25. But we'll see.
Nov 8, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:
CM 4

Rough Summary:

Never mind I just saw that.

Huh, that's actually interesting honestly. I like these type of stuff.
Nov 8, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2012
Looks goood. I can't wait !!!!

I did not know this will air in winter !!! We also have Overlord 2, and Nanatsu no Taizai 2 and new Fate anime !!! I can't wait for next season !!
Nov 8, 2017 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
I usually don't watch mecha but this looks so good... and the dystopian premise seems so nice too, and with Trigger characters and A-1 scenery, I...just...can't...resist...
Nov 8, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
Too bad we barely saw anything with the mechs, not really hyped yet tbh, Zero Two is the only character that doesn't look generic and boring which is a shame. Gonna give it a try though.
the director has been saying they dont want to show any of the mecha action until the show airs cause its apparently gonna be really over the top and he wants people to go in blind to it.

If hes letting imashi do whatever the fuck with the action like they said, then the mech fights are probably going to be crazy as hell.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 8, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2017
*Bootleg Jakuzure* is still looks so fine tho

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 8, 2017 11:21 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Imaishi's part of the staff? I'm so watching this.
Nov 8, 2017 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Antagonized said:
Imaishi's part of the staff? I'm so watching this.

Well Nishigori said he would want Imaishi to participate in the staff. Or participate in the work. Seems like he'll take part of the action parts as what's said in the interview with the producer of the series.

So this is really good honestly.
Nov 8, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2017
A new trigger show? I'm HYPED
Nov 8, 2017 2:06 PM
May 2016
ronie91 said:
The only studios that have the ability to make 2D robots are [or were] Gainax, Bones, Sunrise and believe me if you want Studio Actas. With the moral bankruptcy of Gainax and its extinction, today the only ones competent to make animations are Trigger, Bones, Sunrise and Studio Actas. Apart from these studios, no other studio has the ability to make giant robot animes.

I believe you on actas
Nov 8, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
NG_Calen said:
ronie91 said:

I believe you on actas

Actas can be able to do 2D Robots.

The issue is their incompetency when it comes to production.
Nov 8, 2017 3:49 PM
Jul 2016
Wasshio said:
NG_Calen said:

I believe you on actas

Yes it's true. But this will change from now on, since they belong to Bandai, which means that they will now have a more well-organized production, in addition to being assisted by other studios belonging to the producer, such as Studio Sunrise.

Apparently [not sure] they were incompetent like that when one CEO of the company died and passed the leadership [inevitably] to another. Now it's new life for Studio Actas
Nov 8, 2017 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
ronie91 said:
Wasshio said:

Yes it's true. But this will change from now on, since they belong to Bandai, which means that they will now have a more well-organized production, in addition to being assisted by other studios belonging to the producer, such as Studio Sunrise.

Apparently [not sure] they were incompetent like that when one CEO of the company died and passed the leadership [inevitably] to another. Now it's new life for Studio Actas

Oh yeah I remember that actually. They're owned by Bandai as of now so they don't really have much of an issue.

Well hopefully things turn out well for them if it is the case.
Nov 8, 2017 4:17 PM
Jul 2016
Wasshio said:
ronie91 said:

Oh yeah I remember that actually. They're owned by Bandai as of now so they don't really have much of an issue.

Well hopefully things turn out well for them if it is the case.

I also hope.......
Nov 8, 2017 6:01 PM

Sep 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Tenth said:
the director has been saying they dont want to show any of the mecha action until the show airs cause its apparently gonna be really over the top and he wants people to go in blind to it.

If hes letting imashi do whatever the fuck with the action like they said, then the mech fights are probably going to be crazy as hell.
Hmm that'll be interesting not spoiling any action scenes, i must say at first a few of the voice actors got me excited to check it out (Hayami fanboy) but as i looked deeper into the cast I'm like wait.. oh shi...woah the director from who?.. now im fully committed to checking this out i dont really check out many anime with mechas in them besides a very select few which a few of the directors from here have had a past affiliation with which strengthened me even more into checking this out, well as stated earlier all we can truly do is hope
Facta Non Verba
Nov 8, 2017 7:42 PM
Jan 2016
The composer really shows her Sawano-ism that she learned from Seraph of the End. It's so similar to Sawano's score in this PV. Oh, as for the PV, it's fine. Nothing really stood out.

einonymous said:
I usually don't watch mecha but this looks so good... and the dystopian premise seems so nice too, and with Trigger characters and A-1 scenery, I...just...can't...resist...

Oh, so it's set in a dystopian world. I do not understand Japanese so I do not know what's being explained in the PV.
Nov 8, 2017 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
@theservant here:
tsubasalover said:
CM 4

Rough Summary:
Nov 8, 2017 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:
The composer really shows her Sawano-ism that she learned from Seraph of the End. It's so similar to Sawano's score in this PV. Oh, as for the PV, it's fine. Nothing really stood out.

einonymous said:

Oh, so it's set in a dystopian world. I do not understand Japanese so I do not know what's being explained in the PV.

Yeah it's basically a dystopia-ish series. Based on how even the PV showed it. Of course these characters are trapped in this chamber, away from the outside world from what its stated.
Nov 9, 2017 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
ronie91 said:

This might be the reason A-1 pictures is working alongside Trigger, just a guess since they might want to know more about 2D mecha animation.
Nov 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
I have high hopes despite that being a really boring trailer.
Nov 9, 2017 10:26 PM

Feb 2017
I'll gonna watch it because of Imaishi and TRIGGER, even if the designs look pretty generic, being the main girl the only exception. The music sounds pleasent even if is not Sawano's work.

If I'm honest, by far seems like the most interesting original project for the next year so I hope the script would be good. All the mecha titles from the recent years had been a complete mess, so please give us some good stuff after a while.
Nov 11, 2017 8:05 AM
Sep 2017
Hayamin will reunion with Hanakana after they met together in Mahouka Rettousei, and Oreimo. Beside this, Hayamin also reunion with Umehara in Shirayukihime and Juuni Taisen
Nov 15, 2017 2:32 AM

Nov 2007
New key visual
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/930741790411440128

OP: "KISS OF DEATH (Produced by HYDE)" by Mika Nakashima x HYDE (Airing on 2nd broadcast)
Tuesdays 23:30 (11:30 p.m.) via Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, BS11, followed by ABS Asahi Housou, MeTV, Hiroshima Home TV, BSS Tamakage Housou, BBC Biwako (Lake Biwa) Housou starting January 13, 2018. Special show one week prior.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/260935

First ep. Pre-screening event on January 5-12, 2018 w. main cast talk on 12th.
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/943420716619321344
tsubasaloverDec 21, 2017 2:54 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by seweholmes »»
10 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

21 by Old_School_Akira »»
2 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
3 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Today, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.