Forum Settings
Forums

[Event] Mini Game v6: All Hallow's Eve Mafia | Game Over - Third Time's the Charm

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
RE1031 said:
Qoco said:

This is what is in my mind in regards to the topic.
So you think I'm wasting my time discussing RVS with someone who doesn't like it?

It is not what you are doing. But rather, why you are doing it. The intentions behind your actions.
Nov 5, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
Mishukax said:
RE1031 said:
So what's your current read of him?

I feel like that's one question too many, RE.
I honestly couldn't tell. He sounded wary of Abu, kept pointing out things that I would interpret as a scum read/lean, but wasn't actually accusing him of being scum.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Nov 5, 2017 10:00 AM

Dec 2016
My alarm went off. I have to get ready for work. This is my vote for now.

Vote: AbuHumaid
Nov 5, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2016
Qoco said:
RE1031 said:
So you think I'm wasting my time discussing RVS with someone who doesn't like it?

It is not what you are doing. But rather, why you are doing it. The intentions behind your actions.
Did you just ignore the rest of my post? lol.
RE1031 said:
Try to keep in mind there was hardly anyone active at the time. So while RVS isn't the most game-breaking topic, it was a place to start. Additionally, correlating RVS votes to lynch votes is kind of a strange thing to do, which is what Tainted did. I believe it deserved questioning.
Those were my intentions.
Nov 5, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2013
Phraze said:
I'm having RE as town now, Abu not even mentioning RE's town traits make me think he's scum this time. Tainted is a neutral positive.

Phraze for town.
Nov 5, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
sorry for the delay xD last fluff, @ruu my first game as mafia here, my team was RE and Abu (i think this explains the rest xD)
but yeah, my point 3 and 4 where just jokes,
Ok, now to get the "real" things started;
Never, EVER do a no lynch, i've played 4-5 games and it's always the same, and the conclusion it's always the same as well, no lynch is bad for town, lynch is the only tool town has to win the game, even if odds are against us, no lynch day 1 = 1 free kill to mafia, guys, we need to DO OUR BEST if we want to win, and not be lazy as to not vote... thanks for your attention
Nov 5, 2017 10:05 AM

May 2013
Phraze said:
on the side.. I think this setup is best to have a no-lynch for D1, since the first kill will be town and they get the ghostchat + abilities first. lol

Phraze for town AGAIN.
Nov 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
sorry for the delay xD last fluff, @ruu my first game as mafia here, my team was RE and Abu (i think this explains the rest xD)
Never, EVER do a no lynch, i've played 4-5 games and it's always the same, and the conclusion it's always the same as well, no lynch is bad for town, lynch is the only tool town has to win the game, even if odds are against us, no lynch day 1 = 1 free kill to mafia, guys, we need to DO OUR BEST if we want to win, and not be lazy as to not vote... thanks for your attention
The problem with no lynch is it kills discussion. Thing is... Talking about how bad no lynch is is not that much better than advocating for it. So do you have anything to add about the players themselves?
Nov 5, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2016
Qoco said:

This is how you can be opportunistic xD (lol the coincidence ):
Abu has a mafia lean, for this:
Abuhumaid-
#39/#44-said that there are people that can get the game going without RVS but then RE in #42 has a good post to try to get the game moving, and in #44 Abu questions Re's #44 for "jumping to conclusions"... even if RE does not have good reasons to push the train, it gets's the game moving, so i see some contradiction here;
#73-side note, i did, and caught you :3 hehe;
#85- huuuu the emotion appeal starts to appear :3 ("i'm moody so it's normal");
#86- wow, he's mad xD;
#87- well, i think that in our past games you used some meta :3 but that apart, you say **Here we go again with meta reads /sighs** but you give self meta to explain something: **I don't usually attack everyone, that has been a new thing in me for only the past two games. And it's nothing AI** another contradiction;
#92- well this is just opinion, but i do not think she's forcing her opinion... she's saying what she thinks about tainted reads
#93- meta read?? yes, so what?? this post is BS, i played 2 games with you, you were mafia in both and you used the same playstyle in both lol;
#95- outch (self meta again??);
#102- ho look, the OMGUS vote xD;
#105- **but you seem like you're trying to justify your suspicion of me.** but we can see this question in post #100: **Don't ignore my first question**... more contradiction, and to add more on top of that, one of the "reasons" to vote tainted wash ignoring his questions...;
#149- this post has a lot of contradictions, **What is there to do this early on the game other than trying to get some debates going anyway?** but Re is doing that and he does not like it (wonder why), **And if you're looking for people who haven't done much or nothing at all then there is plenty, I'm one of the most active players currently on this game so this point is moot.**... *omgus go look into other people* this is what that is saying, **Again that wasn't enough for me to have the slightest lean oh him** but you still voted him because of that, **I'm nit picky but I don't like my reads to be half-assed like your town lean oh him for example which I refuted.** but your "scum read" is half-assed... why?;
Nov 5, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2013
Phraze said:
Ruu said:

I actually like this idea.
and I actually like this response ... are u trying to pocket me? XD

How is that pocketing?
She's just agreeing with a general gameplan.

edit: pronoun
Nov 5, 2017 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
RE1031 said:
AlbertinoDias said:
The problem with no lynch is it kills discussion. Thing is... Talking about how bad no lynch is is not that much better than advocating for it. So do you have anything to add about the players themselves?

i'm slow at writing xD, sorry look up
Nov 5, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2016
RE1031 said:
AlbertinoDias said:
I should really be more patient ^^'
Nov 5, 2017 10:11 AM

May 2013
abhutrash said:
If the vast majority want no lynch, I'll roll with it, I guess.

Don't really care about anything else posted by Trash so far, but this line is kind of town.
You don't just admit to "rolling with the flow of things" when you're scum.
Nov 5, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2015
Qoco said:
By not placing a vote you are not placing pressure. Your chances of lynching something not random is a lot slimmer if you do not vote. Your actions do not match your words, Tainted.

It's not like I'm not gonna vote I just want enough proofs to counter his reasons before I start pressuring them.
Nov 5, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2016
Mishukax said:
abhutrash said:
If the vast majority want no lynch, I'll roll with it, I guess.

Don't really care about anything else posted by Trash so far, but this line is kind of town.
Admitting it doesn't change the fact you're still doing them. Why would town want to roll with flow if they have another opinion (and they should)? Not pressure anyone? Fear for their own safety over hunting for scum, when that's the only way to solve the game? There's only so much you can blame on being new.
His tone is amazingly townie. But his behavior is scummy. I'd feel kind of bad, but if Trash doesn't do anything else in this game, he's in the lynch pile for me.
Nov 5, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2015
lastwhisper31 said:
Ruu said:

Biggest omgus ever lol why do you think he has to be scum based on that comment? Is nai to me because it's a good conversation starter and he got reactions from everyone.
He might be scum but do you have more proof or reasons?
i feel like something being nai and also a good conversation opener cant really go hand and hand, like hes moving the game forward with purpose of completeing his win con, so its def not nai per say, like we cant figure out where he is yet. I like to think everything has a purpose lol.

To me is nai. Because it can come from town or scum. I'm more interested in the follow up post Mishu will make. That will be more enlightening than the first comment. And will make me lean scum or town on her.
Nov 5, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2016
lol, i forgot, vote: Abuhumaid
Nov 5, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2016
@AlbertinoDias
I can't refute most of your points since I think they're valid, but I want to see more from Abu especially now that more players have become active.
Is there a reason you're not voting for Abu? And do you have any thoughts on anyone else?
Nov 5, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2016
RE1031 said:
@AlbertinoDias
I can't refute most of your points since I think they're valid, but I want to see more from Abu especially now that more players have become active.
Is there a reason you're not voting for Abu? And do you have any thoughts on anyone else?
xD look up xD
Nov 5, 2017 10:32 AM

May 2015
Ughh I have so many things I want to say but I'm on the phone. I will make a huge post when I get home but for now I think I might change my vote from no lynch to an actual person. I got a lot of info I think. And my reads have change a lot after re reading the thread. I'm with family right now so I can't be online but as soon as I get home to my pc.
Nov 5, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
RE1031 said:
@AlbertinoDias
xD look up xD
My second question still pertains.
Nov 5, 2017 10:33 AM
Nov 5, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2013
RE1031 said:
Mishukax said:

Admitting it doesn't change the fact you're still doing them. Why would town want to roll with flow if they have another opinion (and they should)? Not pressure anyone? Fear for their own safety over hunting for scum, when that's the only way to solve the game? There's only so much you can blame on being new.
His tone is amazingly townie. But his behavior is scummy. I'd feel kind of bad, but if Trash doesn't do anything else in this game, he's in the lynch pile for me.

RE, sometimes, in a mafia game, people agree with other people. I'm not sure I want to no-lynch myself, but I'm not the least bit concerned that abhutrash is openly communicating his intention to possibly roll with the flow if things were to be headed towards a no-lynch. He did mention he would only do that if nothing of higher importance comes up, too.

I think you're not wrong about "admitting it doesn't change the fact you're still doing it," but I also think there's a world of difference between subtly and openly going with the flow. And it's not a matter of blaming things on being new or whatever, I think abhu is doing just fine, and he was also a threatening player in MALoween: I've always advocated fear for one's own safety as a perfectly valid line of thinking and it can definitely coexist with scumhunting, which abhutrash has shown intent to do.
Nov 5, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2016
i think this time around Ruu si town :O but will work on that a bit more :)
Nov 5, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2016
@Mishukax
Are you going to explain why Fo is threat? Explain why Phraze is town aside from quoting two posts from her (with no explanation)? You said her no lynch suggestion post was townie. Why?
Nov 5, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
RE1031 said:
Mishukax said:

I agree with RE on this one.
Going with the flow is pretty scummy for me.
Nov 5, 2017 10:36 AM

Sep 2016
Mishukax said:
RE1031 said:

RE, sometimes, in a mafia game, people agree with other people. I'm not sure I want to no-lynch myself, but I'm not the least bit concerned that abhutrash is openly communicating his intention to possibly roll with the flow if things were to be headed towards a no-lynch. He did mention he would only do that if nothing of higher importance comes up, too.

I think you're not wrong about "admitting it doesn't change the fact you're still doing it," but I also think there's a world of difference between subtly and openly going with the flow. And it's not a matter of blaming things on being new or whatever, I think abhu is doing just fine, and he was also a threatening player in MALoween: I've always advocated fear for one's own safety as a perfectly valid line of thinking and it can definitely coexist with scumhunting, which abhutrash has shown intent to do.
Perhaps I'm just impatient, but I think there's a world of difference between intent to do and actually doing.
Nov 5, 2017 10:39 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
i think this time around Ruu si town :O but will work on that a bit more :)
Acknowledged ;o
Nov 5, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
So anyone has questions to me? I can't afford to do a full catch up post now
Nov 5, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2013
lastwhisper31 said:
I mean at the time of this post, how many hadnt posted yet? its safe to assume at least one person out of their is scum, plus theres some kind of tpr laying around, maybe?? Last time I saw ???, it existed, because there are no lies in role pms, so I would think there are no lies in the op.

TPR wincon is usually put in the thread even when there aren't. It's not considered bastard even with a hidden setup. More like a hosting convention. You want your players guessing whether TPR is present or not.
Nov 5, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2015
Mishukax said:
RE1031 said:

Makes sense but if he doesn't share his thoughts or show suspicions later on then I'll be wary of him.
Nov 5, 2017 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
@AlbertinoDias
Those aren't even contradictions but alright let's assume they are, are contradictions alignment indicative? If so then specify what type of contradictions really makes you that sure of someone's alignment. That ISO post of yours is honestly nothing but nitpicking it's like you're desperate to have something on me. Where exactly did I use AtE? And I used meta because it was used on me, how am I supposed to respond against a meta read?

@Qoco
Can you explain your vote?
Nov 5, 2017 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
I think I'll move my vote for now to ping the only inactive

Vote: @Karote
Thoughts on what happened so far?
Nov 5, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
I'll be back in an hour or so to respond to quotes and mentions, later
Nov 5, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2013
RE1031 said:
Mishukax said:
Oh hey.

So I'm not updated at all on what's going on but my plan for day 1 is to lynch Fo.
If he's mafia he's the player I'm least confident in catching.
If he's town that's sad but that makes him not mafia and the game is more doable.

Vote lynch: Fo

I've always wanted to try such a simple-minded day 1. Go wild.
Also lol @ these very distributed votes. Can't wait to see which way mafia will swing them.
There's quite a lot of time left to this phase, so I'll go do phase change in my game, get some sleep, and come back fresh tomorrow and read from the start. And possibly come back to some peeps outraged at my current plan. Or Abu pinging me 30 times.

And yeah, I'll switch my vote around if my gameread gives me something that screams for it. I'm pretty sure no one is gonna agree with my current plan anyway, but it's all about the water-testing.

Nice being in the same ranks as you, Tainted and abhutrash. I also think this is my first with Albertino since I had him last Halloween. I'm excited!
Why Fo? And why so early in the game (day 1)? Did you not consider the possibility that if he's town, he might be killed by mafia?
Are you saying that mafia will be the only ones swinging the votes around? If so, that seems like one way of getting people to not change their votes. And if not, how will you tell who of the people willing to start trains are mafia?
I don't think I need to warn you that lack of real time interactions will be suspicious as hell on your part...

Why Fo, you say? Already answered that.
Why so early in the game? Because it has to be this early otherwise there's little to no point.
Mmh, I should have considered the possibility of mafia killing him, but I don't want to deal with this WIFOM shalalamlam right now. I want to make a precise and blunt action to get precise and blunt results.
"Are you saying that mafia will be the only ones swinging the votes around?"
Eh, probably not, actually. I'm wrong about that.
"If so, that seems like one way of getting people to not change their votes."
Are people that easily manipulated?
"And if not, how will you tell who of the people willing to start trains are mafia?"
I'll tell with the flip and reactions of people to various trains, just like the good old way.
"I don't think I need to warn you that lack of real time interactions will be suspicious as hell on your part..."
No you don't. Do I have a history of not doing real-time interactions? I guess I do, lol. In any case my plan against Fo wasn't implying I would just vote Fo and then gtfo for the day.
Nov 5, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
@mishukax
why do you like the posts from phraze? Also whats your connection to Fo?
@Albertinodias c
ant help but remember the last time that you tunneled onto Abu he was mafia, maybe again lol?
@Ruu
I do think you can be very opportunustic with your votes, it has lead me to believe you were scum in many of our games together lol, and as of right now you still in the neutral range.
@Tainted
if you were to place your vote, where would you place it? As of right now?
@Karote
Where are you?
@abuhumaid
Ok, again, not every attack on you has to be answered with, "baseless" or "your wrong." lol

blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Nov 5, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2013
Ruu said:
Fo said:
vote: mishu
He's never seen my scumgame; like even if I were to believe that mishu is a bad enough player to advocate policy lynching people for being hard to catch it still reads hella fake for that fact.

My eye also twitched at "can't wait to see which way mafia will swing the votes"

Biggest omgus ever lol why do you think he has to be scum based on that comment? Is nai to me because it's a good conversation starter and he got reactions from everyone.
He might be scum but do you have more proof or reasons?

So you assume I was doing it to get reactions? Do you already know I'm town?
Nov 5, 2017 11:08 AM

May 2013
RE1031 said:
So... Am I mafia? :3

Why are you asking me this.
Nov 5, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
AbuHumaid said:
@AlbertinoDias
Those aren't even contradictions but alright let's assume they are, are contradictions alignment indicative? If so then specify what type of contradictions really makes you that sure of someone's alignment. That ISO post of yours is honestly nothing but nitpicking it's like you're desperate to have something on me. Where exactly did I use AtE? And I used meta because it was used on me, how am I supposed to respond against a meta read?

@Qoco

alright, so, some are, some are not, in this case, i believe they are because you said people can move the game forward without rvs, but when RE tried to do that, you started to complain, and because in my ISO you can see me talking about your post #105, you ask for things, tainted gave you what you wanted, and you say what tainted said is just ** you're trying to justify your suspicion of me.** , he even said he did not want to jump to conclusions, you "forced" him to say it, and then complain about it, i see that as a way to swing the game state because that's manipulation at is finest;
i'm not desperate, i had to start on someone, you were active in the beginning of the game... i chose you...;
you used AtE when you said you were/are moody, that's an excuse for people to get past something, it would be like i said that i was attacking everyone because i'm mad... that's AtE, and you used it...
with meta read, you are right, you need to use meta read.... but i also think that self-meta can be bad, and in the situation you were, that self-meta was a way to misdirect him :)
I do not like meta/self-meta you know that, but when used in the wrong places, it can be a weapon ^^
Nov 5, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
@mishukax
why do you like the posts from phraze? Also whats your connection to Fo?
@Albertinodias c
ant help but remember the last time that you tunneled onto Abu he was mafia, maybe again lol?
@Ruu
I do think you can be very opportunustic with your votes, it has lead me to believe you were scum in many of our games together lol, and as of right now you still in the neutral range.
@Tainted
if you were to place your vote, where would you place it? As of right now?
@Karote
Where are you?
@abuhumaid
Ok, again, not every attack on you has to be answered with, "baseless" or "your wrong." lol

who knows... but time will tell^^ i think i can do my best in this game as town, and i will do it ^^
Nov 5, 2017 11:34 AM

May 2013
AlbertinoDias said:
Qoco said:

Are you really worried that you're being opportunistic?
Nov 5, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2013
RE1031 said:
@AlbertinoDias

I would look at Albertino's points on Abu but there are no links towards the posts he's talking about so I'll pass. Lol sorry :(
I'm not really that concerned about either players anyway, for now.
Nov 5, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
Mishukax said:
AlbertinoDias said:

Are you really worried that you're being opportunistic?

nop xD i was joking with that because of Abu/RE interaction about tainted xD it was more like, yeah, i know you can think what i'm doing is opportunistic, but so what??;
Mishukax said:
RE1031 said:
@AlbertinoDias

I would look at Albertino's points on Abu but there are no links towards the posts he's talking about so I'll pass. Lol sorry :(
I'm not really that concerned about either players anyway, for now.

i do not know how to quote posts, sorry :/
Nov 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
RE1031 said:
Qoco said:

RE1031 said:
Try to keep in mind there was hardly anyone active at the time. So while RVS isn't the most game-breaking topic, it was a place to start. Additionally, correlating RVS votes to lynch votes is kind of a strange thing to do, which is what Tainted did. I believe it deserved questioning.

Still not the answer. You are explaining what you did, and it morese looks like an excuse with how you phrased it. That is what you did, not why.
Nov 5, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
AbuHumaid said:
@AlbertinoDias

@Qoco

Place-holder for now, with a potential keep if nothing better rises.
Nov 5, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2016
Qoco said:
RE1031 said:

Still not the answer. You are explaining what you did, and it morese looks like an excuse with how you phrased it. That is what you did, not why.
Okay, we're done. I'm not wasting my time justifying why I decided to interrogate the only other active people at the time to someone who hasn't even explained their own vote.
Nov 5, 2017 12:02 PM

Jul 2016
i don't have much for now, will look into RE later, but for Ruu:
#89/#130- i think she wants to express herself (and in 130 i think she confirms it) and i think this can be town and because it feels like she just wants to show her opinions, so we can all discuss with her, it also shows initiative, which i like;
#223- ask questions, but also give answers for those questions, i don't think mafia would do this because it shows interest in discussion, something mafia can fake, true but something that has to be planed, and i don't think this is the case;
i want to see her big post, but as for now, no AtE :3 gj Ruu.
i know this is almost nothing, but i'll have more evidence as the game goes on :) (you can call this just a feeling for now)
Nov 5, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2016
RE1031 said:
Qoco said:

Okay, we're done. I'm not wasting my time justifying why I decided to interrogate the only other active people at the time to someone who hasn't even explained their own vote.

RE, first read, then comment xD
Nov 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2016
Mishukax said:
RE1031 said:
So... Am I mafia? :3

Why are you asking me this.
Because I'm swinging the votes against your favor. And I didn't really have anything else to ask I hadn't already, since at the time, you hadn't posted anything relevant to the game.
Mishukax said:
In any case my plan against Fo wasn't implying I would just vote Fo and then gtfo for the day.
Forgive me for being paranoid, then. You explained why you're voting Fo, but not necessarily what makes Fo dangerous (to the rest of us, since I haven't played with Fo yet). I don't think it's too relevant, but if you can explain your motives, then maybe I'd be more sympathetic towards them.
Nov 5, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
RE1031 said:

RE, first read, then comment xD
He explained it's a placeholder vote, not why Abu in particular. The second part is very important.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.