Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 4, 2017 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
soymilkyy said:
people hate Gintama? wow i'm out of it

They hate its fans because they rate all of the Gintama related stuff a 10 before it airs so you oftentimes have Gintama OVA's topping FMA before they've even come out.
Oct 4, 2017 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
Personally, I gotta say, I think it's fair to rate Gintama stuff a 1 before its even come out if you're doing it to balance out the 10's. As long as you take it back after its aired.
Oct 4, 2017 7:12 PM

Aug 2010
Some people don't like it but... seriously, it's always top rated here on MAL everytime,. and got a pretty huge reputation everywhere. Why are you still complaning about a minority who doesn't like it?

It's just taste... Or a few of them try to stand out maybe, but, to me, it fails XD

THEY JUST HAVE NO TASTE OMFDG
Oct 4, 2017 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
No matter the reason, rating an anime a 10 (or a 1 for that matter) without having actually watched it, is ridiculous. And it provides haters with a target.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 4, 2017 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
KaiserNazrin said:
quirow said:
If it makes you feel better the hate on Gintama can't even begin to compare to SAO.

The difference is, people hate on Gintama because of a ranking on an anime website. Nothing to do with the show itself. It is not very mature.

That is actually very well said. Perfect way to describe the situation.
Oct 4, 2017 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
Veredin said:
soymilkyy said:
people hate Gintama? wow i'm out of it

They hate its fans because they rate all of the Gintama related stuff a 10 before it airs so you oftentimes have Gintama OVA's topping FMA before they've even come out.

I can see how someone who cares a lot about charts on MAL would find this annoying. I'm indifferent cause I barely use this site.
Oct 4, 2017 9:07 PM
Aug 2016
The saying "Haters Gonna Hate" applies here and everywhere online and in real life as well. And whoever is reading your post, will probably still hate Gintama regardless.
Oct 6, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
"Wohoo, Gintama is the best anime evah, there's 4 Gintama in MAL 10 top list."
And it's gonna be 5!
Something like that?

Nah, I'm stayin on the sideline for now, I want to see how the upcoming sequel scores turns out.
Nov 4, 2017 11:09 AM

Jan 2016
Wait, does Gintama haters really exist?
Nov 4, 2017 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
LeoEarlSpilner said:

Yes. There are haters for every anime out there.
Nov 4, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
LeoEarlSpilner said:

Oh! Well, I haven't meet any Gintama haters so far. I think the haters population is pretty low, right?
Nov 4, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
SanOro said:
i don't really hate Gintama but i don't think it really deserves it's spot but c'mon who tf cares just let ppl hate whatever they want

Whether it deserves its spot or not, isn't up for debate. The fans have spoken, the votes have been tallied and the score has been made official.

That 9,19 rating is the only objective metric we have to judge the anime on. Everything else is subject to opinion and personal bias.

People can "hate" all they want because, at the end of the day, their vote carries the exact same weight as everyone else's.
Nov 4, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2017
LeoEarlSpilner said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Oh! Well, I haven't meet any Gintama haters so far. I think the haters population is pretty low, right?

Look at the ones in gintama and you have a grasp in it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 4, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2017
Haven't seen Gintama yet, it's on my to do list, so I can't really hate on it lol
Nov 4, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2017
Other fanbases cry all the time watching Gintama conquer the list, Cry me a river please.

All the people who hate on Gintama know F all about it, Barely watched couple of episodes and I bet both were fillers (1st 2 episodes of season 1 are fillers).

Whoever Finished Gintama would know it is one of the most versatile anime's out there. Can almost fit in every genre possible.
Nov 4, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2017
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
SanOro said:
i don't really hate Gintama but i don't think it really deserves it's spot but c'mon who tf cares just let ppl hate whatever they want

Whether it deserves its spot or not, isn't up for debate. The fans have spoken, the votes have been tallied and the score has been made official.

That 9,19 rating is the only objective metric we have to judge the anime on. Everything else is subject to opinion and personal bias.

People can "hate" all they want because, at the end of the day, their vote carries the exact same weight as everyone else's.

Fair enough........................

Nov 4, 2017 12:46 PM

Dec 2007
Nobody hates Gintama. They just hate seinfeld, comedy and strawberry milk.

Gintama is untrollable.
Nov 4, 2017 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

not exactly. only 60k users have rated it and 66k completed it. which is way too low. i think this is one of many reasons why people hate gintama.
Nov 4, 2017 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
Fam, trollers excluded, if they hate something then they hate it. Probably because of the length of the series; it is not funny or it didn't match for their hype.

I dunno what % of Gintama fanbase is trolls though :/
Nov 6, 2017 6:42 AM
Jan 2017
Meh, when you're God tier, these rankings are just a troll on said haters. How fitting.
Nov 6, 2017 9:01 AM

Sep 2016
Let the haters hate. There's nothing in this world which has zero haters, even the good things.

Gintama imo deserves it's ranking and just goes to show that it isn't a one hit wonder. If people hate it because of it's success, it just means that they're pissed that ___ anime was lower than Gintama and they're making excuses saying "Too many seasons monopolizing the top ranking" and stuff. Don't mind them. Be like Gin, he doesn't care about the things he doesn't need to care about (think about it).
Dec 1, 2018 1:48 AM
Oct 2011
I used to love gintama a lot but now i hate it!

The gintama fanbase has become toxic cancer especially main characters fans and gintama is not the "goatest series ever" at all. For me it became typically repetitive boring shonen in which we only see the same most popular/main characters shine here and there and nobody else. Also them being batshit at people who are not fans of it is also very annoying.
Good thing i finally dropped it.
Dec 1, 2018 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
But Gintama is shit xd
No but seriously, it has like 5 good episodes and that's it.
Dec 1, 2018 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
Honestly I've always felt Gintama was overrated. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure I like anime that others would say are overrated.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 1, 2018 2:11 AM

Jul 2017
Warrior3 said:
I used to love gintama a lot but now i hate it!

The gintama fanbase has become toxic cancer especially main characters fans and gintama is not the "goatest series ever" at all. For me it became typically repetitive boring shonen in which we only see the same most popular/main characters shine here and there and nobody else. Also them being batshit at people who are not fans of it is also very annoying.
Good thing i finally dropped it.

What a way to bring up this thread again. Way to comment what's so obvious.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 1, 2018 7:06 AM

Mar 2017
this is why MAL needs to change the Top Anime section into "by franchise"
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

27 by MichaelJackson »»
15 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
27 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
29 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
32 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.