Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 1, 2017 4:29 PM
Jan 2014
Sapphire_91 said:
This was terrible... They just rehash, each season so far has been very different, but this is a complete rehash, although the story of Michiru was forced drama, nothing special, nothing unique. They just repeat the third season with a different character. Combine to the re-used OST and the crappy animation quality and you have a complete disaster. What are these ambitions of ruining old and successful franchises. Instead of exploring more of Tsugumi and Hajime story we got this. Michiru we don't even know and we have to care for, completely crappy weekly story. Even Ai is not herself, everything is so alien to the franchise, completely out of sync. You had just 6 episode and you couldn't write and animate them properly? This is just ridiculous. Jigoku Shoujo had 78 episodes in it's 3 season and none of them felt so forced.

Jes, could you overreact some more please?
Oct 2, 2017 11:54 AM

May 2012
Fantastic episode and what a backstory! Seriously this was great, and damn that ending! I didn't expect we'd see a new Jigoku Shoujo!
Nov 1, 2017 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
Negative IQ the animation
Nov 4, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
Mouloxas said:
Logic!?! In Jigoku Shoujo!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem... So, a Yuzuki clone it is then. With even less personality, if that is even possible. Question is, will she have the same ending as Yuzuki? I think she probably will, because Deen don't want to remove Ai from the series. There is one tiny problem with that though. This season will be EXACTLY THE SAME as season 3. Well, Michiru is wearing THE kimono in the preview so all will become clear next week.

but maybe not Ai can be then free & do something else, but if she gets free they better make Spin Off about Emma Ai where she helps ppl instead make them confess their bad deeds on tape kind of like she punished them before so the illusion doesn't end with person going to hell, it ends with person back where he or she was & she has all on tape :)

dustyrice said:
LOLed at how Kikuri accused that Yamawaro was cheating on her.

same here XD

yani_senpai said:
yooo so are we just gonna ignore the whole ending of the last season where Ai was doomed to be Hell Girl forever?? Like wasn't that the whole dramatic solution to stopping her from being replaced?

I liked this episode otherwise. Maybe there'll just be two Hell Girls active at once, perhaps to bring to attention that SO MANY people are using it now?

good point but
depends did she get a new boss? if yes new boss can change the contract if he feels like it, even the current one can, its really up to the boss of hell

MonoJuMal said:
guyklc said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of season 3, because Yuzuki failed her mission as Jigoku Shoujo, wasn't it stated that Enma Ai will always be the Jigoku Shoujo?

She went back to being hell girl, but I'm pretty sure Tsugumi mentioned that she's seen other girl candidates as well, so Ai has been searching for a replacement for a while now.

but this season is Sequel not Prequel so why u bring up the past that way, it makes it look like ur saying its Prequel

Ulquiorra said:
This episode made me really happy!
Seeing all those lame and cruel kids die made my day.
I felt bad about Michiru's family and her death, but she avenged them all, she didn't do anything wrong, burn those bastards!

i cant feel sry for this cruel prats, at least no1 had to dirty their hand with killing them or sending them to hell they did the job themselves
Sugram22Nov 7, 2017 3:19 AM
Nov 4, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2015
Sugram22 said:
yani_senpai said:
yooo so are we just gonna ignore the whole ending of the last season where Ai was doomed to be Hell Girl forever?? Like wasn't that the whole dramatic solution to stopping her from being replaced?

I liked this episode otherwise. Maybe there'll just be two Hell Girls active at once, perhaps to bring to attention that SO MANY people are using it now?

good point but
depends did she get a new boss? if yes new boss can change the contract if he feels like it, even the current one can, its really up to the boss of hell

I mean one would hope they wouldn't use that kind of copout to avoid a very clear plot point from mitsuganae but...who knows anymore.
Nov 4, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
yani_senpai said:
Sugram22 said:

good point but

I mean one would hope they wouldn't use that kind of copout to avoid a very clear plot point from mitsuganae but...who knows anymore.

i just had a thought, what if Ai got promoted to be the boss XD
Nov 4, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2016
Sugram22 said:
but maybe not Ai can be then free & do something else, but if she gets free they better make Spin Off about Emma Ai where she helps ppl instead make them confess their bad deeds on tape kind of like she punished them before so the illusion doesn't end with person going to hell, it ends with person back where he or she was & she has all on tape :)

They brought this franchise back from the dead and killed it once and for all. There is absolutely no way this will get a new season, much less a spin off.
Nov 28, 2017 3:52 AM

May 2015
These people deserved the grudge fire. I approved it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 23, 2018 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
Awful episode. A crappy mix of Yuzuki and Ai's backstories. Seriously, what the fuck is up with people in this type of episodes?! Kids are like little demons, and adults are collectively dumb and disgusting.

I honestly don't think I've ever read/watched a series as inconsistent as this. One episode.. it's amazing, coherent, and relatable... and the next is downright laughable! I'm not even mad lol.

MomoSinX said:

This is fundamentally different though, Yuzuki didn't commit a grave sin to become hell girl, she just messed up afterwards xD.

Yuzuki only messed up in that she failed to carry out her duty as a Hell Girl, which involves being someone's tool. Otherwise her actions made sense.
TogameCheerioFeb 23, 2018 10:13 AM
Sep 25, 2018 6:32 AM

May 2016
These brats turned up the dial on the asshole meter past its threshold and caused severe problems for innocent families beyond their stupid deaths back then and now. The "humans are horrible" idea was really emphasized to the point that I had no words for how angry I was at the unfair series of unfortunate events during Michiru's tragic life.

The two redeeming things in the episode were the villagers getting burned up by her grudge and the mother realizing that a child for a child wouldn't help with the situation at all. They already went through a car crash her child caused and even paid for their funerals too so they went through enough.

Jun 13, 2019 7:06 AM

Jun 2017
Felt good when those bullies died in the car crash, even if they lived for a little time to feel the pain then die, lol.

Kikuri getting jealous though, lulz.

All I can say about those people is "Hans, hol den flammenwerfer, verbrennt sie alle!!" Good job Michiru.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 17, 2019 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Mouloxas said:
Logic!?! In Jigoku Shoujo!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem... So, a Yuzuki clone it is then. With even less personality, if that is even possible. Question is, will she have the same ending as Yuzuki? I think she probably will, because Deen don't want to remove Ai from the series. There is one tiny problem with that though. This season will be EXACTLY THE SAME as season 3. Well, Michiru is wearing THE kimono in the preview so all will become clear next week.

differance yuzuki did not do same thing as ai and this girl the sin she mentioned mass murder and destruction, she is more like ai then yuzuki in a way

Jun 17, 2019 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
Pleistoros said:
why she has to pay for what she done unconsciously, makes no sense and the village deserved it

this episode points out that Hell Girl also sins when sends people to Hell, logical? When is she gonna pay for that lol

she is not the ppl are she is just tool for ppl to use, thats hells rule and her job a bunishment for her to witness her own sin in action over and over again cause they sre doing same thing just smaller scale cause one can send only one to hell

u have watched 3 seasons before and didn't get the point that was explained in s1
Aug 19, 2020 10:51 PM

Jun 2016
"When your situation changes your Allies change too. what's right or wrong is no more than a person's feelings,Hitomo No Araba Ana Futatsu " - Enma Ai
Feb 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
Ok so.
That scene at the end looked horrible (when the girl screamed).
I felt so good that both those bullies and those people died.
And pleaseee don't tell me this is a copy of season 3... I hated Yuzuki at times but I still liked her as a character and that ending was good.
Kikuri (or that spider) said that Ai has to be hell girl until the very end, when there won't be any grudge in the world. Where did that plot go?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 8:46 PM
Dec 2017
this is just a really messed up af episode.

Feb 25, 2023 9:36 AM

Nov 2010
It was so satisfying to see those people get burned to a crisp! All are equal in death!
Jul 22, 2023 3:27 PM

May 2015
Pretty good ending but the end of Season 3 was way better.
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Sep 2017
This is straight up cash grab. Meaningless episodes filled with heart pumping shock scenes to...I don't even know what feeling they're supposed to convey. I guess their point is that life in Japan sucks?
خ
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.