Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2017 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

That is complete nonsense that yakuza boss was the biggest example in anime of " an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society" evil people do exist sure, but someone like the yakuza boss would be in the vast minority of criminals. Todays society is safer than its ever been in human history.

Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain.

maturity =/= edginess

... The contrast was too great, wasn't it. The couple was too good, and the Yakuza boss was too bad.

What's exaggerated about him, actually? Like you said, he's minority. But his behavior is well-justified. He's a boss, thus is more powerful, which gives him more freedom to do as he pleases--which happen to be immoral. By comparison, his henchmen are more passive.
Like his associates mentioned, he's wilder. The show isn't telling that he's the standard.
And only mostly one part of him having been shown because it wasn't possible for more to isn't evidence for "one-dimensionalness". C'mon, be aware.

The show did not tell that rape is done only by people in his position--you assumed it did.

From an article about Yakuza's crimes:

@Talcon "Power fantasy" part was mostly unneeded, if you think about it. The protagonist didn't have to go super-man on them but instead just shot them, in the first encounter. In the Yakuza's reunion, he could've sniped them (with a rifle, if he had made the effort to acquire one). His radar is powerful enough, but it's obvious that Ichirou wants to take things personally, for...self-satisfaction. But also, it appears that he either isn't putting much effort into this hero business of his, or is simply not having enough time to, as he appears, still, too unprepared...

The contrast just made things predictable.

"Whats exagerrated about him?"
1. 7 foot tall
2. Has the Physique comparable to a dbz character
3. Seems to rape/sexually assult everyone he sees
4. Gets wrist cut open and is completely fine in the next scene (just bandaged)
5. super strength able to lift a grown man in the air and strangle him to death of course with the bandaged hand
6. Outside of being evil he has no character
7. His dialogue is moslty just edginess "look at me im evil"
8. Simply being a yakuza boss doesnt justify why he is so edgy

"mostly one part of him having been shown because it wasn't possible for more to isn't evidence for "one-dimensionalness". C'mon, be aware."

why wasnt it possible to show more? heck, even a mediocre show like naruto finds a way to shoehorn in a tragic backstory for its villains. if a charcter doesnt even suggest being more than just one over used cliche, then its fair enough for me to call them one dimentional.

lastly, I didnt assume anything i was replying to a comment... whats the point of linking articles about yakuza sex trade. Thats not even what happened in the anime.

random yakuza boss raping everyone =/= elaborate sex trade
what's the question when they're calling you the answer?
Nov 3, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 2013
Talcon said:
caio_ken said:
And the mature part that he's talking about is blowjob, nude people and violence. This is what defines if a work is going to be mature or not in rating.

I don't agree that explicit sex, violence, and sexual violence makes a show mature.

ichii_1 said:
The quality is fine, go back to animation school.

Someone should really make a webm of the horrible animation that starts at 10:42 mark in the episode. It's not Berserk 2016 bad, but it definitely reminded me of it.

No, I'm not talking what I consider mature. I'm talking what mature means for an anime in TV and what makes them be considered by the production to be an mature anime. Sex, Gore and other things are what makes the rating goes up.
Nov 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
Imfenion said:
Am I the only one who expected a "Bang" at the last scene? :D
fucking same here
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Nov 3, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2017
Really great episode, best one so far.
5/5
Nov 3, 2017 10:50 AM

May 2017
FYI giving sad/tragic backstories to the bad guys doesn't make them multi dimensional.
Nov 3, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
Whoooo. This episode is everything and this show's getting better and better. Ugh.

Jesus. That scene before the OP was hahahahahaha I can't describe it. That yakuza guy forced a guy to give him a blowjob for not following his order. "Keep sucking till I come" Hahahahahahaha!

I'm so happy that the OP is finally available on iTunes. Now I can play it many times I want. Pffft.

That yakuza guy is drugging his victims then raping them. How fucked up are you, maaan? Then she saw this beautiful girl and targetted her. That poor couple and I was celebrating when Inuyashiki appeared to save them. I was honestly screaming when they came to their house to come back for her and then he fucking strangled Satoru. Then Inuyashiki-san can't cure him, so I screamed louder, then he gave him a pumps (I forgot what it's called), then he's alive again. Gaaaaah!

Slay, Inuyashiki-san, slaaaay! Glad that asshole and the rest of them yakuza got what they deserved. Inuyashiki-san blinded them. Hahaha. Nothing worst than being blind for the rest of your life when you're an asshole. Pffft. Worse than death. Haha. They deserved what they got. Arigatou gozaimasu, Inuyashiki-san! I'm so happy how this episode ended, I cried, maaan. Real tears. I FREAKING LOVE YOU, YOU GREAT FUCKING OLD MAN!

5/5 for this episode. Ugh. Can't wait for the next episode which I think will be about Hiro yet again. Can't stand that scary handsome asshole. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 3, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

... The contrast was too great, wasn't it. The couple was too good, and the Yakuza boss was too bad.

What's exaggerated about him, actually? Like you said, he's minority. But his behavior is well-justified. He's a boss, thus is more powerful, which gives him more freedom to do as he pleases--which happen to be immoral. By comparison, his henchmen are more passive.
Like his associates mentioned, he's wilder. The show isn't telling that he's the standard.
And only mostly one part of him having been shown because it wasn't possible for more to isn't evidence for "one-dimensionalness". C'mon, be aware.

The show did not tell that rape is done only by people in his position--you assumed it did.

From an article about Yakuza's crimes:

@Talcon "Power fantasy" part was mostly unneeded, if you think about it. The protagonist didn't have to go super-man on them but instead just shot them, in the first encounter. In the Yakuza's reunion, he could've sniped them (with a rifle, if he had made the effort to acquire one). His radar is powerful enough, but it's obvious that Ichirou wants to take things personally, for...self-satisfaction. But also, it appears that he either isn't putting much effort into this hero business of his, or is simply not having enough time to, as he appears, still, too unprepared...

1. 7 foot tall
5. super strength able to lift a grown man in the air and strangle him to death of course with the bandaged hand

"mostly one part of him having been shown because it wasn't possible for more to isn't evidence for "one-dimensionalness". C'mon, be aware."

why wasnt it possible to show more? heck, even a mediocre show like naruto finds a way to shoehorn in a tragic backstory for its villains. if a charcter doesnt even suggest being more than just one over used cliche, then its fair enough for me to call them one dimentional.

lastly, I didnt assume anything i was replying to a comment... whats the point of linking articles about yakuza sex trade. Thats not even what happened in the anime.

So what of any of those things you listed? They're there to make the character impressive-looking. They're all well-justifiable.

The cut was painful, but what was exaggerated about it was all that blood spray (that even made his arm shake from the pressure, lol). xD (... Oh, I thought about it later, and realized that it must've been symbolic--meaning that he's "hot-blooded"--so much that it even becomes literal, lol.) But if no tendons were damaged, there'd be only a minor discomfort noticeable.
"super strength"? :D C'mon. The dude he lifted (with both arms) apparently measured 1.65m, and weighed 60kg at most. A a muscular man of the stature of the Yakuza boss wouldn't have trouble.
He has, or, again, there was no chance for another side of him to be shown? But if you think about it, there are people who've trouble connecting with others (I was reminded of some psychotic character from a manga)... he might not have found someone to open himself to. The people he dealt with weren't close-enough to him, thus unsuitable.
Well, so sorry that we weren't explicitly shown more of him. That could've been better, but well, he's not an unknown character-type. Usually, characters like him are underestimated in a way, at some point in their lives, and then react too aggressively to it. They become too motivated to prove themselves superior.

Well, what I agree that must've been exaggerated was the size of his p__is. :D On top of his stature and everything else, he had to also have this, huh?

(You know what he compares to? Steven Seagal... which is also a s*x offender.)

Ah, so you were referring to what you thought the poster you quoted meant. But no, he meant snatched AND (then) r*ped, not only r*ped. Erm. The more uncommon part is obviously the snatching.

The text taken from the article was for if you think the reality shown in the show was exaggerated. And he's not "random", but apparently too unbelievable to you that's not familiar with people/characters like him. Just know that there are those with his (bad) personality, but that lack his stature--and that if they had, common sense would tell that it'd contribute to.
removed-userNov 3, 2017 11:12 AM
Nov 3, 2017 11:25 AM
Mar 2016
That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them Yakuza's got OWNED!!!!!!

Btw, isn't the who suck the Yakuza's Big Boss's dick the same one before, you know the big guy who is cutting in line and got pissed at somebody who said that they're cutting in line and decide to duke that guy's ass? If he is the he got owned twice one by the gramps and the other by the Yakuza big boss.
Nov 3, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2017
Simply the best episode! This OP is superb!
English learner. Sorry for my mistakes and make yourself at ease to correct me.
Nov 3, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

1. 7 foot tall

So what of any of those things you listed? They're there to make the character impressive-looking. They're all well-justifiable.

The cut was painful, but what was exaggerated about it was all that blood spray (that even made his arm tremble, lol). xD But if no tendons were damaged, there'd be only a minor discomfort noticeable.
"super strength"? :D C'mon. The dude he lifted (with both arms) apparently measured 1.65m, and weighed 60kg at most. A a muscular man of the stature of the Yakuza boss wouldn't have trouble.
He has, or, again, there was no chance for another side of him to be shown? But if you think about it, there are people who've trouble connecting with others (I was reminded of some psychotic character from a manga)... he might not have found someone to open himself to. The people he dealt with weren't so.
Well, so sorry that we weren't explicitly shown more of him. That could've been better, but well, he's not an unknown character-type. Usually, characters like him are underestimated in a way, at some point in their lives, and then react too aggressively to it. They become too motivated to prove themselves superior.

Well, what I agree that must've been exaggerated was the size of his p__is. :D On top of his stature and everything else, he had to also have this, huh?

Ah, so you were referring to what you thought the poster you quoted meant. But no, he meant snatched AND (then) raped, not only raped. Erm. The more uncommon part is obviously the snatching.

The text taken from the article was for if you think the reality shown in the show was exaggerated. And he's not "random", but apparently too unbelievable to you that's not familiar with people/characters like him. Just know that there are those with his (bad) personality, but that lack his stature--and that if they had, common sense would tell that it'd contribute to.

You asked what was unrealistic and i posted a list your only retort to this is essentially "so what its so the character looks cool" terrible counter argument.

where did you get those measurements from? (your measurements mean that he would be the same height as the average woman and also weigh 10 kg less ) lmao.

"there was no chance of another side shown" what does this even mean ?

Just because you add the word "snatched" before the word rape doesnt make it the same as a sex trade or sex trafficing. The yakuza was raping and drugging when they died he would just get rid of the body as seen on the show. he didnt sell or "trade" anything.

The article you posted only proves that the yakuza are sometimes involved in the sex trade which no one argued they werent i dont see how it supports the idea that the yakuza boss in the anime is a realistic portrayal of the average evil person in todays society. (I mostly ignored your nonsense waffling and only replied to some points)
Nov 3, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
Talcon said:
This episode fucking sucked. I was seriously considering making room on my Top 10 for this show, and now I might just drop it. How was something was this even green lit. I don't get it.

You sure do like to overreact.

Nov 3, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

The cut was painful, but what was exaggerated about it was all that blood spray (that even made his arm tremble, lol). xD But if no tendons were damaged, there'd be only a minor discomfort noticeable.
He has, or, again, there was no chance for another side of him to be shown? But if you think about it, there are people who've trouble connecting with others (I was reminded of some psychotic character from a manga)... he might not have found someone to open himself to. The people he dealt with weren't so.

Ah, so you were referring to what you thought the poster you quoted meant. But no, he meant snatched AND (then) raped, not only raped. Erm. The more uncommon part is obviously the snatching.

You asked what was unrealistic and i posted a list your only retort to this is essentially "so what its so the character looks cool" terrible counter argument.

where did you get those measurements from? (your measurements mean that he would be the same height as the average woman and also weigh 10 kg less ) lmao.

Just because you add the word "snatched" before the word rape doesnt make it the same as a sex trade or sex trafficing. The yakuza was raping and drugging when they died he would just get rid of the body as seen on the show. he didnt sell or "trade" anything.

The article you posted only proves that the yakuza are sometimes involved in the sex trade which no one argued they werent i dont see how it supports the idea that the yakuza boss in the anime is a realistic portrayal of the average evil person in todays society. (I mostly ignored your nonsense waffling and only replied to some points)

"terrible counter-argument" for you that don't realize that your complaint isn't deserving of much attention. Because again, the character is well-justifiable. You've not given anything that proves otherwise (as you can't).

Did you think this through? Do you really believe that there'd be a major difference in 5kg of weight and 5cm of height?

I referred to the one-dimensionalness.

But I didn't mean it being so. But do you've reading comprehension problems? The poster meant that the snatch-then-r*pe crime is done because of guys like the Yakuza boss. "He was a man overrun by his primal desire to dominate, and people like that are a dime a dozen out there. You think women don't get snatched up and raped in the real world? It's fucked up, and it happens because people like this guy are around." But you replied with "Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain."--meaning that you said that he meant only the r*pe being done by characters like that. But he was referring mainly to the crime of kidnapping someone. So to kidnap for that purpose, you gotta be that f*cked up.

The Yakuza boss is part of the reality shown in the show. You said "today's" society is safer" and all that, making it appear to me that you didn't believe much of it, when there's s*x-trafficking industries going on.

What was "nonsense waffling" in your view?
removed-userNov 3, 2017 12:14 PM
Nov 3, 2017 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

"terrible counter-argument" for you that don't realize that your complaint isn't deserving of much attention. Because again, the character is well-justifiable. You've not given anything that proves otherwise (as you can't).

Did you think this through? Do you really believe that there'd be a major difference in 5kg of weight and 5cm of height?

But I didn't mean it being so. But do you've reading comprehension problems? The poster meant that the snatch-then-r*pe crime is done because of guys like the Yakuza boss. "He was a man overrun by his primal desire to dominate, and people like that are a dime a dozen out there. You think women don't get snatched up and raped in the real world? It's fucked up, and it happens because people like this guy are around." But you replied with "Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain."--meaning that you said that he meant only the r*pe being done by characters like that. But he was referring mainly to the crime of kidnapping someone. So to kidnap for that reason, you gotta be that f*cked up.

The Yakuza boss is part of the reality shown in the show. You said "today's" society is safer" and all that, making it appear to me that you didn't believe much of it, when there's s*x-trafficking industries going on.

Simlply saying "its well-justifiable" without justifying the flaws i have been pointing out is another example of a terrible counter argument. You are yet to explain how the yakuza boss is more than just one dimentional. "no chance of another side being shown" or "not enough screen time" doesnt explain how hes anything more than one dimentional if anything it proves it as every time hes seen hes showing how one dimentional he is.

yes, every single gram matters when you're suggesting that its possible for him to lift a grown man above his head and strangle him with all that persons dead weight flopping in the air. ( done, while injured) lifting weights in a gym is very different from lifting a person by the throat lol

I know exactly what the poster meant , but thanks for your concern. Again these crimes are commonly done/orchestrated by someone you know.

They yakuza would target someone vulnerable (maybe even homeless) its very rare for it to be someone completely random that will be missed by society ( like someone working at a bakery lol) i am sure being kidnapped/raped by a yakuza boss doesnt even make up 5% of the rape that happens in todays sociey.

nobody is arguing that sex trafficking exists lol. just to remind you the point was if the yakuza boss was an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society.
Nov 3, 2017 1:01 PM
Mar 2015
Sarkja said:
This anime gives me embarrassment.It called my attention the premise of seeing an older man, dealing with loneliness and the passage of time. But it turned out to be another edgy show 1/5.

lol wat,do u really expecting like that with 'alien turned 2 guys into cyborg' on first episode?
Talcon said:
I needed anything so that I wouldn't see these characters and immediately think "they're setting up for tragedy". It was too predictable, too blatant.

well what can you do?its not like they had lots luxury of time to build story for secondary/guest characters that would only appear for 1 ep.

pcf2 said:
That is complete nonsense that yakuza boss was the biggest example in anime of " an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society" evil people do exist sure, but someone like the yakuza boss would be in the vast minority of criminals. Todays society is safer than its ever been in human history.

maybe in your place,not in my neighborhood
crime is still rampant as ever here.
pcf2 said:

I know exactly what the poster meant , but thanks for your concern. Again these crimes are commonly done/orchestrated by someone you know.

They yakuza would target someone vulnerable (maybe even homeless) its very rare for it to be someone completely random that will be missed by society ( like someone working at a bakery lol) i am sure being kidnapped/raped by a yakuza boss doesnt even make up 5% of the rape that happens in todays sociey.

nobody is arguing that sex trafficking exists lol. just to remind you the point was if the yakuza boss was an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society.

This kind of plot prevalent in Hollywood movies too(Taken)like a user mention before.
edge13Nov 3, 2017 1:09 PM
Nov 3, 2017 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
[quote=pcf2]That is complete nonsense that yakuza boss was the biggest example in anime of " an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society" evil people do exist sure, but someone like the yakuza boss would be in the vast minority of criminals. Todays society is safer than its ever been in human history.

edge13 said:

maybe in your place,not in my neighborhood
crime is still rampant as ever here.

I am not talking about neighborhoods, talking about in general in todays society. Crime is rampant in a lot of places, but that not my point.
Nov 3, 2017 1:41 PM
Aug 2014
Need more bangs from Hiro
Nov 3, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

But I didn't mean it being so. But do you've reading comprehension problems? The poster meant that the snatch-then-r*pe crime is done because of guys like the Yakuza boss. "He was a man overrun by his primal desire to dominate, and people like that are a dime a dozen out there. You think women don't get snatched up and raped in the real world? It's fucked up, and it happens because people like this guy are around." But you replied with "Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain."--meaning that you said that he meant only the r*pe being done by characters like that. But he was referring mainly to the crime of kidnapping someone. So to kidnap for that reason, you gotta be that f*cked up.

Simlply saying "its well-justifiable" without justifying the flaws i have been pointing out is another example of a terrible counter argument. You are yet to explain how the yakuza boss is more than just one dimentional. "no chance of another side being shown" or "not enough screen time" doesnt explain how hes anything more than one dimentional if anything it proves it as every time hes seen hes showing how one dimentional he is.

yes, every single gram matters when you're suggesting that its possible for him to lift a grown man above his head and strangle him with all that persons dead weight flopping in the air. ( done, while injured) lifting weights in a gym is very different from lifting a person by the throat lol

I know exactly what the poster meant , but thanks for your concern. Again these crimes are commonly done/orchestrated by someone you know they would target someone vulnerable (maybe even homeless) its very rare for it to be someone completely random that will be missed by society ( like someone working at a bakery lol) i am sure being kidnapped/raped by a yakuza boss doesnt even make up 5% of the rape that happens in todays sociey.

Do I really...? (... Well, it was fine.)

1. What's so unbelievable about his height? We don't even know whether he's pure Japanese. (Nor even his exact height.) But we know that it's possible for there to be people that tall. But if you saw that he was shown too tall to be realistically possible, yeah, well, blame the producers if you wish. But yeah, I mean it being a technical flaw.
2. This'd mean the most, he being too muscular... which isn't the case.
3. Underlings... besides powerless citizens.
4. I replied to this.
5. But not only with one arm, and we can presume that he must've been pressuring more using the uninjured hand. If this helps, though (man lifting another by the throat): https://youtu.be/77s3HkwI9XY But it wasn't done the same way, yeah. The way done in the video was (much) easier, as the arms weren't stretched. But yeah, at this point, in this case, I can just agree that the producers "took too much liberty" with this character, and that such, they should be criticized for it. xD
6. I mean, you're giving a final judgement to him when clearly it was just as I said, and, even though they could fit in a backstory, it'd be wasted effort, since he wasn't gonna appear anymore, anyway. (It was probably considered unwanted by the viewers, as these characters are too minor...) What we should use is common sense, and keep in mind that it's not possible for someone to be 100% insensitive in every situation, and not assume that the anime producers are telling otherwise... Proof that the show isn't that nonsensical is that Ichirou, although most obviously thought to be a good-natured guy, was shown with darkened eyes when confronting the Yakuza bosses... and ended up disabling them severely. While Hiro has shown a good side, but to those close to him.
7. He wasn't dealing with friends.
8. The power partially does. Rest has to do with character. (We know of men that mistreat wives, for example.)

Apparently he didn't intend to kill the previous female he kidnapped, which obviously must've been due to the trouble it could cause him. Again, he's a wilder character... But you saw that they threatened the couple after, didn't you? How effective you think threatening killing family members over telling about r*pe would be? I believe it'd be quite so. Which is why it had to be such a naive, good-natured guy like the girl's fiance to think otherwise.
But yeah, it must be a very rare occurrence. Normally, the criminals would be satisfied with those women they traffic. Or, they wouldn't be so aggressive about it, but instead coerce over a period of time.
removed-userNov 3, 2017 2:28 PM
Nov 3, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2017
that was a really beautiful episode

And damn dat opening lol

Nov 3, 2017 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

I know exactly what the poster meant , but thanks for your concern. Again these crimes are commonly done/orchestrated by someone you know they would target someone vulnerable (maybe even homeless) its very rare for it to be someone completely random that will be missed by society ( like someone working at a bakery lol) i am sure being kidnapped/raped by a yakuza boss doesnt even make up 5% of the rape that happens in todays sociey.

1. What's so unbelievable about his height? We don't even know whether he's pure Japanese. (Nor even his exact height.) But we know that it's possible for there to be people that tall. But if you saw that he was shown too tall to be realistically possible, yeah, well, blame the producers if you wish. But yeah, I mean it being a technical flaw.
4. I replied to this.
5. But not only with one arm, and we can presume that he must've been pressuring more using the uninjured hand. If this helps, though (man lifting another by the throat): https://youtu.be/77s3HkwI9XY But it wasn't done the same way, yeah. The way done in the video was (much) easier, as the arms weren't stretched. But yeah, at this point, in this case, I can just agree that the producers "took too much liberty" with this character, and that such, they should be criticized for it. xD
6. I mean, you're giving a final judgement to him when clearly it was just as I said, and, even though they could fit in a backstory, it'd be wasted effort, since he wasn't gonna appear anymore, anyway. (It was probably considered unwanted by the viewers, as these characters are too minor...) What we should use is common sense, and keep in mind that it's not possible for someone to be 100% insensitive in every situation, and not assume that the anime producers are telling otherwise... Proof that the show isn't that nonsensical is that Ichirou, although most obviously thought to be a good-natured guy, was shown with darkened eyes when confronting the Yakuza bosses... and ended up disabling them severely. While Hiro has shown a good side, but to those close to him.
8. The power partially does. Rest has to do with character. (We know of men that mistreat wives, for example.)

Apparently he didn't intend to kill the previous female he kidnapped, which obviously must've been due to the trouble it could cause him. Again, he's a wilder character... But you saw that they threatened the couple after, didn't you? How effective you think threatening killing family members over telling about r*pe would be? I believe it'd be quite so. Which is why it had to be such a naive, good-natured guy like the girl's fiance to think otherwise.
But yeah, it must be a very rare occurrence. Normally, the criminals would contend themselves with those women they traffic. Or, they wouldn't be so aggressive about it, but instead coerce over a period of time.

1&2. you've conceded here but did you really think that is what yakuza bosses typically look like this?
3. Are you conceeding again?
4. This was the nonsense i was talking about ( if the cut was essentially just a scratch why all the blood? why did it allow the girl enough time to get clothes and escape? heck, why even bandage it so much if it wasnt serious guess we will never know.
5. you've conceed ( the video of the kid being lifted up is pretty funny, but hes clearly lifting by his clothes and the kid looks like hes doing all he can to help almost wrapping his legs and a whole bunch of other things like the lift being not comparable in anyway to the anime etc etc)
6. Refusing to develop a character because they're going to die is the definition of lazy writing. if the anime is saying people arent black and white (good/bad 100%) then they underminded that with the yakuza boss
7. even when dealing with friends he would rape/sexually assult them. im guessing you conceed here as that doesnt justify his comically evil dialogue
8. power comes with responsibility he seems to act on pure impulse even nonsensically not something a well oiled crime syndicate like the yakuza would do (killing people and just leaving bodies around )

He has no character feel free to prove me wrong by describing the yakuza bosses character without mentioning his edginess in anyway,or appearance.

Nov 3, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 2017
The episode was very good ( : i hope the next will be as good as this one
Nov 3, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2016
Kittens-kun said:
Talcon said:
This episode fucking sucked. I was seriously considering making room on my Top 10 for this show, and now I might just drop it. How was something was this even green lit. I don't get it.

Someone had to say it. The episode was bad.

edge13 said:
well what can you do?its not like they had lots luxury of time to build story for secondary/guest characters that would only appear for 1 ep.

Literally cut the episode. Just cut it. It adds nothing, it's just filler. Better yet, at the end of last episode Ichirou learned he can use his powers to heal. How about showing the repercussions of that? Do people start heralding him as a god? Does he have to stop using this power so as not to bring attention to himself and his family? That would have been 100x more interesting than this juvenile power fantasy.

Yes, I know they have to follow the source material. Consider this a criticism of the manga as well.
Nov 3, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
seeing Gramps go robocop on the Yakuza's asses felt really good.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 3, 2017 4:40 PM
Nov 2011
Episode should be named "Power fantasy 101"
There wasn't 1 second in the episode where I would doubt if they'd be saved (apart from the last seconds of the episode).

And about the discussion if this is realistic or exaggerated. Its pretty much like this...
Lets take this completely lovely good looking woman that dont have any faults at all... and... and... lets make her just about to get married... and... and lets make her pregnant.. and.. and lets make her grandma sick so shes the only one taking care of her... and.. and ... and.. we need a cute looking puppy that dies if she doesn't come home....
Then throw a piano on her head in a freak accident... but make the hero save her just in a nick of time.. and resurrect her grandma that died somewhere mid way...

Now replace the piano with.. rapist, abductor, yakuza, killer, smuggler, criminal, tattooed bad ass, rich, smug looking guy and we have a 1:1 copy of this episode.

Voila 10/10 mature story right?

At least i was expecting a "bang" at the end to have some kind of meaning in this episode.
Nov 3, 2017 5:05 PM

Mar 2016
I thought this was going to end in blood and pure pain. And while it did, it wasn't for the victims. I'm so fucking glad they were saved and that justice was handed down so fucking well!!

This episode was beautiful in its own way and this old man is my absolute hero!!!
Nov 3, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
when i get old will rewatch this series again, feel good to be a hero old man :)
Nov 3, 2017 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
I love you Inuyashiki Ichirou. Who knows how long that Yakuza guy has been messing with people's lives from abducting, drugging and raping women, to getting blowjobs from his men. Ichirou crippling all these yakuza was very satisfying ending.
Nov 3, 2017 6:42 PM

Nov 2014
SillySempai said:
Lol the dude with the yellow hair got a job because he sucked dick, guys that's life advise right there.
suck it till it's dry?

Nov 3, 2017 7:01 PM
May 2017
Very good episode. Inuyashiki learns more about his weaponized android body and evolves as a hero. I expect the next episode to focus on Hiro's evolution as a villain. Bloody, despair ridden, sad and violent story with a happy end, thanks to the hero Inuyashiki. Fumino is cuteness and love incarnated. Women must never be treated the way the dead one and Fumino were. Considerations:

• Art could be better. 'Inuyashiki' could be better.
  • Violence is negative. Any nudity is positive. Why censored nudity and uncensored violence? Change scene angle if it is not to show frontal nude.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 3, 2017 7:10 PM

Jul 2017
This episode made me restore my hope in humanity XD
Shit I wish super grandpa exists

Satisfying 5/5
Nov 3, 2017 7:40 PM

May 2017
spicychile said:
I was waiting for Hiro to snipe the girl while she was being carried over, but nope we got a happy ending thankfully.

You're not alone, I was expecting a double kill, that slow mo got me
Nov 3, 2017 8:56 PM
Nov 2017
Let's talk about the blowjob. I think in Gantz's manga, there was blowjob between 2 men. It was the guy who learned how to use his mental powers
Nov 3, 2017 9:14 PM

Mar 2017
Touka__Kirishima said:
One of the better chapters although the pacing was rushed.

The ED song is sooooo good, been listening to it on repeat for a week now.

Yeah the ending song is amazing. Probably best ending this season, in my opinion.
Nov 3, 2017 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
Vindicater said:
Jonesy974 said:
This episode was kinda unnecessarily fucked up.

Or maybe it just showed how fucked up the world is and what someone could do if they were given awesome powers.

Man.

All i hope is that Hiro gets stopped before he does anymore damage.

That's not necessarily wrong, but also how many people, including you and myself, actually try and actively seek and watch that fucked up shit? It's one thing to read it in the news or see a report on TV, its another thing to say "oh wow, how many real life rape and murder videos can I watch today"?

I also think Inuyashiki is a bit kind hearted with his powers. He could've easily slaughtered all of those Yakuza. Since we just happened to delve into a bit of hypothetical realism, I think it would be a safe bet that a lot of people put into that same situation might be a bit more like Hiro in character, but carrying out the justice of Inuyashiki. I'd imagine people would tend to get a God complex similar to Light Yagami; morphing into a serial killing sociopath - doing so due to some sense of justice.
Nov 3, 2017 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

4. I replied to this.

But yeah, it must be a very rare occurrence. Normally, the criminals would contend themselves with those women they traffic. Or, they wouldn't be so aggressive about it, but instead coerce over a period of time.

1&2. you've conceded here but did you really think that is what yakuza bosses typically look like this?
4. This was the nonsense i was talking about ( if the cut was essentially just a scratch why all the blood? why did it allow the girl enough time to get clothes and escape? heck, why even bandage it so much if it wasnt serious guess we will never know.
5. you've conceed ( the video of the kid being lifted up is pretty funny, but hes clearly lifting by his clothes and the kid looks like hes doing all he can to help almost wrapping his legs and a whole bunch of other things like the lift being not comparable in anyway to the anime etc etc)
6. Refusing to develop a character because they're going to die is the definition of lazy writing. if the anime is saying people arent black and white (good/bad 100%) then they underminded that with the yakuza boss
7. even when dealing with friends he would rape/sexually assult them. im guessing you conceed here as that doesnt justify his comically evil dialogue
8. power comes with responsibility he seems to act on pure impulse even nonsensically not something a well oiled crime syndicate like the yakuza would do (killing people and just leaving bodies around )

He has no character feel free to prove me wrong by describing the yakuza bosses character without mentioning his edginess in anyway,or appearance.

2. He wasn't too muscular, just very tall. Practically any person could become that fit.
3. Those kinda people are easy prey. It's not unbelievable that he preys on them.
4. Apparently they didn't mind letting her go, since they knew where she lives. And that blood spray is "(... Oh, I thought about it later, and realized that it must've been symbolic--meaning that he's "hot-blooded"--so much that it even becomes literal, lol.)" (I had edited my post.) Sometimes authors add symbolism, even when it makes things illogical. Like in Kino no Tabi, how his guns we know would be too heavy for such a thin boy (girl) to wield well. But as size of guns are symbolic, and small ones have negative meanings, the author gave the character some badass guns, that apparently are even related somehow.
7. Oh, no. I got it that you didn't know that for example, "isn't" and "wasn't" are abbreviations of "is not" and "was not". Also, "it's" can mean either "it is" or "it has". Anyway.

Like I said, he didn't really have a reason to act a different way. And also like I said, it's a fact that people can't be 100% insensitive in every situation. In the meeting with the bosses, for example, he was behaving well, naturally.

Often (or every time) when I don't bother replying to something said, it's because I don't mind it enough to (reasons apparent), not because I concede.
removed-userNov 3, 2017 10:12 PM
Nov 3, 2017 11:35 PM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2. He wasn't too muscular, just very tall. Practically any person could become that fit.
3. Those kinda people are easy prey. It's not unbelievable that he preys on them.
4. Apparently they didn't mind letting her go, since they knew where she lives. And that blood spray is "(... Oh, I thought about it later, and realized that it must've been symbolic--meaning that he's "hot-blooded"--so much that it even becomes literal, lol.)" (I had edited my post.) Sometimes authors add symbolism, even when it makes things illogical. Like in Kino no Tabi, how his guns we know would be too heavy for such a thin boy (girl) to wield well. But as size of guns are symbolic, and small ones have negative meanings, the author gave the character some badass guns, that apparently are even related somehow.
7. Oh, no. I got it that you didn't know that for example, "isn't" and "wasn't" are abbreviations of "is not" and "was not". Also, "it's" can mean either "it is" or "it has". Anyway.

Like I said, he didn't really have a reason to act a different way. And also like I said, it's a fact that people can't be 100% insensitive in every situation. In the meeting with the bosses, for example, he was behaving well, naturally.

Often (or every time) when I don't bother replying to something said, it's because I don't mind it enough to (reasons apparent), not because I concede.
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2. thats not what i asked you (the question i posed was if you thought that it was an accurate depiction of a typical japanses yakuza boss.
3. again the question is about realism how realistic is it for a yakuza boss to go raping everyone with the drop of a hat
4. Them knowing where she lives is just plot convinience... heck that doesnt even make sense most victims would have just gone straight to the police or idk told a bunch of people seems like a very stupid risk for a yakuza boss to make (the yakuza do seem concerned about the police too as they called and thretened not to get the police involved)
- you have clearly never read the kino no tabi manga or watched the original, or even the new show. firstly, its a girl and secondly we see her training every single day with drawing her gun etc etc
7. Thank you for the common knowledge I have been using the same abbreviations, but again you failed to explain his commically evil dialogue. lets conceed that yakuza bosses dont go around talking like that all the time.

"he didnt have a reason to act differently" what about the fact that hes a yakuza boss and should be trying to keep a low profile from police also that it would be impossible for him to rise up the ranks if he has no restraint and gets into trouble all the time. He would quickly become more trouble than hes worth thus hes an unrealistic anime portrayal. Someone so one trackminded can never be an accurate depiction of anyone people are more than just one cliche arguing otherwise is just silly.

so you're conceeding just with more words, nice
Nov 3, 2017 11:44 PM

Apr 2013
Every time I think of dropping this, Inuyashiki himself always convinces me otherwise aaaaahhhh. Honestly I'd love just watching him save people and figure out all his abilities and stuff without that Hiro nonsense.

Gosh though!!!!! I was!!!!!! really scared there wouldn't be a happy ending for that couple!!!!! but (as of yet) THERE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's???? Really something that even with all the gore, Inuyashiki still hasn't killed a single person. I really thought he'd killed the yakuza guys but dAMN what he did was like.... way worse. Now that's punishment. yIKES.

Gosh tho I'm just!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inuyashiki is great. What an awesome old man!!!!! He does! His very best!!!!!!!!! And asks nothing in return!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry I am just!!! So excited wow what a good ep. I can honestly see myself sticking to this one til the end just for Inuyashiki. Ahhhh very good 10/10
Nov 4, 2017 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

2. thats not what i asked you (the question i posed was if you thought that it was an accurate depiction of a typical japanses yakuza boss.
3. again the question is about realism how realistic is it for a yakuza boss to go raping everyone with the drop of a hat
4. Them knowing where she lives is just plot convinience... heck that doesnt even make sense most victims would have just gone straight to the police or idk told a bunch of people seems like a very stupid risk for a yakuza boss to make (the yakuza do seem concerned about the police too as they called and thretened not to get the police involved)
- you have clearly never read the kino no tabi manga or watched the original, or even the new show. firstly, its a girl and secondly we see her training every single day with drawing her gun etc etc
7. Thank you for the common knowledge I have been using the same abbreviations, but again you failed to explain his commically evil dialogue. lets conceed that yakuza bosses dont go around talking like that all the time.

"he didnt have a reason to act differently" what about the fact that hes a yakuza boss and should be trying to keep a low profile from police also that it would be impossible for him to rise up the ranks if he has no restraint and gets into trouble all the time. He would quickly become more trouble than hes worth thus hes an unrealistic anime portrayal. Someone so one trackminded can never be an accurate depiction of anyone people are more than just one cliche arguing otherwise is just silly.

2. There's no rule dictating that someone in a high position can't be fit... This doesn't have to do with someone's position, but personality. So no, there's not what to argue about this in the first place.
3. It's been justified. What are you insisting on? He could sexually harass some underling that disrespected him, like happens in prison. He could also prey on more defenseless citizens. (Do I really have to elaborate on what "defenseless" encompasses? It's a waste.)
4. It's not plot convenience. These kinda people are resourceful; this is common sense. People working for that boss did their research. And I've repeated many times that he's "wilder"--don't you get it? It's been acknowledged by the other characters.
- I did see this new version and it doesn't matters whether it's a girl or boy, for the flaw I mentioned, as either would still posses a body too weak to effectively use those guns weighing 1.50kg each. (Unless they've exercised and gained a considerable amount of muscle--which isn't the case.)
7. Dude, he's not representing every type of criminal person in high power. We've seen the other bosses sitting there in the reunion and logically, they weren't copies of him. This character is basically one with more unique personality.

... Because he doesn't gets in trouble all the time, obviously. And by "low profile" you're using common sense, but it can be inaccurate, so don't rely much on it. If you want to know more about how Yakuza bosses operate, go ahead and do your research. With only this bit of common sense you can't argue against what's been shown, so it's pointless to try.
removed-userNov 4, 2017 1:20 AM
Nov 4, 2017 2:52 AM

Apr 2017
Terrible episode. The previous episode was far better than this one.
Nov 4, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
I thought its a complete despair but I'm glad it got a happy ending

seems like pacing is out of place, looking forward for another episode like the previous ones
Nov 4, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2016
the quality sucked hard but the last part was pretty satisfying lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 4, 2017 5:14 AM

Feb 2017
Unpopular opinion, probably: This episode was just okay. It seems to be shaping into a superhero story, which, fingers crossed, I'm wrong about. I desperately hope it fulfills the "psychological" tag, since that's the primary reason I started watching this in the first place. There's some opportunities for philosophy, as well. Not such a big fan of the action.

Please bring Hanako back.
IvoriaNov 4, 2017 5:24 AM

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Nov 4, 2017 5:18 AM

Feb 2017
Talcon said:
Kittens-kun said:

Someone had to say it. The episode was bad.

edge13 said:

Literally cut the episode. Just cut it. It adds nothing, it's just filler. Better yet, at the end of last episode Ichirou learned he can use his powers to heal. How about showing the repercussions of that? Do people start heralding him as a god? Does he have to stop using this power so as not to bring attention to himself and his family? That would have been 100x more interesting than this juvenile power fantasy.

Yes, I know they have to follow the source material. Consider this a criticism of the manga as well.

I agree. The episode failed to add anything significant.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Nov 4, 2017 5:23 AM

Feb 2017
Klose507 said:
Let's talk about the blowjob.

Damn, this is a contender for "Best Thing I've Read on MAL."

Nov 4, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2. There's no rule dictating that someone in a high position can't be fit... This doesn't have to do with someone's position, but personality. So no, there's not what to argue about this in the first place.
3. It's been justified. What are you insisting on? He could sexually harass some underling that disrespected him, like happens in prison. He could also prey on more defenseless citizens. (Do I really have to elaborate on what "defenseless" encompasses? It's a waste.)
4. It's not plot convenience. These kinda people are resourceful; this is common sense. People working for that boss did their research. And I've repeated many times that he's "wilder"--don't you get it? It's been acknowledged by the other characters.
- I did see this new version and it doesn't matters whether it's a girl or boy, for the flaw I mentioned, as either would still posses a body too weak to effectively use those guns weighing 1.50kg each. (Unless they've exercised and gained a considerable amount of muscle--which isn't the case.)
7. Dude, he's not representing every type of criminal person in high power. We've seen the other bosses sitting there in the reunion and logically, they weren't copies of him. This character is basically one with more unique personality.

... Because he doesn't gets in trouble all the time, obviously. And by "low profile" you're using common sense, but it can be inaccurate, so don't rely much on it. If you want to know more about how Yakuza bosses operate, go ahead and do your research. With only this bit of common sense you can't argue against what's been shown, so it's pointless to try.

staight off the top im going to just say that most things you've said thus far have been complete nonsense.

2. you are avoiding the question i didnt ask if it was possible i asked if you felt that the average yakuza boss looked like that we are talking about how realistic the charcater is (how true to life it is hence why the question if you think typically yakuza bosses look like this is valid)
3. simply saying "its been justified" doesnt justify anything. Being a yakuza boss doesnt mean you have to be edgy and doesnt explain his edginess.
4.one hand you're saying they're smart and had it all planned out and with the other hand you completely undermine your point and claim they let her go on a whim because hes "wilder" that only makes sense if you're using "wilder" as a synonym for "stupid"
- I dont know what you're talking about how do you know the exact weight of the guns ? and holding a revolverr isnt that hard heck i have even held one its really not that heavy. Again she also trains regularly i suggest you actually watch the original show and read the manga. Either way its not a action show so i dont see the point you're trying to make.
(provide sources to these random measurements you keep mentioning as they seem to be random)
7.he is a lazily written character which you yourself admitted the writers didnt bother put any work into explaining why he does the things he does or anything other than his one dimentional cardboard cut out anime villain persona.

-your logic is he rapes and kills everyone because he's a yakuza boss, and hes a yakuza boss because he rapes and kills. His actions are justified because again hes a yakuza boss. doesnt sound like a well rounded character let alone a realistic reflection of crime in todays society

why wouldnt somone you describe as "wild" not get into trouble or draw attention to themselves ? so im guessing you believe the police dont exist or they're just incompetent while this yakuza boss is just leaving bodies around and kidnapping people in broad bay light. ok, sure.
Nov 4, 2017 6:43 AM

Jul 2016
Crazy episode. That was one way to start the episode...

And here I thought episode 2 was pretty violent, well seems like episode 4 might take the crown for now. Fucked up thing is, shit like this happens in IRL, and there's no crazy robo-geesan to save the day.

Nov 4, 2017 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

staight off the top im going to just say that most things you've said thus far have been complete nonsense.

2. you are avoiding the question i didnt ask if it was possible i asked if you felt that the average yakuza boss looked like that we are talking about how realistic the charcater is (how true to life it is hence why the question if you think typically yakuza bosses look like this is valid)
3. simply saying "its been justified" doesnt justify anything. Being a yakuza boss doesnt mean you have to be edgy and doesnt explain his edginess.
4.one hand you're saying they're smart and had it all planned out and with the other hand you completely undermine your point and claim they let her go on a whim because hes "wilder" that only makes sense if you're using "wilder" as a synonym for "stupid"
- I dont know what you're talking about how do you know the exact weight of the guns ? and holding a revolverr isnt that hard heck i have even held one its really not that heavy. Again she also trains regularly i suggest you actually watch the original show and read the manga. Either way its not a action show so i dont see the point you're trying to make.
(provide sources to these random measurements you keep mentioning as they seem to be random)
7.he is a lazily written character which you yourself admitted the writers didnt bother put any work into explaining why he does the things he does or anything other than his one dimentional cardboard cut out anime villain persona.

-your logic is he rapes and kills everyone because he's a yakuza boss, and hes a yakuza boss because he rapes and kills. His actions are justified because again hes a yakuza boss. doesnt sound like a well rounded character let alone a realistic reflection of crime in todays society

why wouldnt somone you describe as "wild" not get into trouble or draw attention to themselves ? so im guessing you believe the police dont exist or they're just incompetent while this yakuza boss is just leaving bodies around and kidnapping people in broad bay light. ok, sure.

2. The show never told he was the standard, in the first place. How could you not have gotten this already? He's a real possibility, for sure, but not every one of them is like him; I've been mentioning this using different words, while apparently you've been insisting in what was never told.
It's like you completely ignored the reunion scene with all those bosses that obviously didn't look like him. Now would you really be considering the show telling that they all had his personality? This'd be hella stupid.
3. But I didn't only say that it was justified, but mentioned what's proof of it. Are you playing dumb here? Don't you know what it means to be someone's "underling"? What it means to be "defenseless"? ... The couple shown wasn't wealthy. (You should know what this entails; I shouldn't have to explain this.)
4. He deciding to take more risks doesn't makes him stupid. He taking risks while not being prepared to handle them, would.
We shouldn't have what to argue about this, what. How do you think he advanced in that criminal syndicate? Because he was extraordinarily competent.
- She handles them too well, as a 15 YO small, thin girl. That show took liberties, the same way this one took with the character we've been discussing, having lifted the other by the neck. The guns weigh 1.2-1.5kg http://www.gunbroker.com/item/713051160 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_1851_Navy_Revolver
7. It's fair for you to consider them lazy and such. But what isn't is for you to argue saying that their intent was to tell he's entirely "black". You can believe so, but you can't prove it; while both the protagonists serve as indication of otherwise.

No. Not everyone, nor he's a criminal boss because he can only do that. (You're behaving immaturely.) If you want to learn more about them, just do as I said. We've shown that he's resourceful as he has henchmen working for him, allies, and is apparently wealthy, etc.

It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around.

1. In case he was shown unrealistically tall (2.40cm+), that's a production fault, i.e, technical flaw. This is a minor flaw, as it's has little impact and can easily be fixed.
- Same thing for Kino. The flaw with the guns is minor; they could be just easily be replaced.
5. That, what you responded, is example of what I consider "weak attack" against my "defense", thus not worth replying further. You should know to measure your words better than to say that it's not comparable in any way when it's clearly comparable. And same as with 1., this is a minor flaw, for the same reasons.
8. You mentioned the bodies being left there and I hadn't paid attention. Apparently it was due to the old man they recognized is some super-man; they didn't want to stick around there for too long, then, as it'd be dangerous for them to. They obviously noticed that he wasn't wounded, after that many shots. Although the girl the boss didn't let go, the man apparently they hadn't planned in killing... so they ended up not taking his body. This must've been a screw up on their part, as he'd be full of fingerprints. But in such an unbelievable situation, these can be forgiven. In the end, what he'd have to worry the most is the invincible old man. (Besides, they could've just sent another crew to pick the bodies, if they wanted. And as the crew hadn't acted, it must've been because they found out the fiance was alive. And with them monitoring his conversations, they could easily threaten, using the girl.)
Nov 4, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
I want mr Inuyashiki to dress as Santa Claus and bring JUSTICE to this world
It's just so good to see some bad guys getting what they deserve since unfortunately we can't get this in real life...
Baby, daijobanai...
Nov 4, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
The only problem I had with this episode it it is not as .. artistically detailed as the manga.
Real women have nipples. Given the way the rest of the episodes were shown, I am a little surprised they were left out.
Nov 4, 2017 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2. The show never told he was the standard, in the first place. How could you not have gotten this already? He's a real possibility, for sure, but not every one of them is like him; I've been mentioning this using different words, while apparently you've been insisting in what was never told.
It's like you completely ignored the reunion scene with all those bosses that obviously didn't look like him. Now would you really be considering the show telling that they all had his personality? This'd be hella stupid.
3. But I didn't only say that it was justified, but mentioned what's proof of it. Are you playing dumb here? Don't you know what it means to be someone's "underling"? What it means to be "defenseless"? ... The couple shown wasn't wealthy. (You should know what this entails; I shouldn't have to explain this.)
4. He deciding to take more risks doesn't makes him stupid. He taking risks while not being prepared to handle them, would.
We shouldn't have what to argue about this, what. How do you think he advanced in that criminal syndicate? Because he was extraordinarily competent.
- She handles them too well, as a 15 YO small, thin girl. That show took liberties, the same way this one took with the character we've been discussing, having lifted the other by the neck. The guns weigh 1.2-1.5kg http://www.gunbroker.com/item/713051160 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_1851_Navy_Revolver
7. It's fair for you to consider them lazy and such. But what isn't is for you to argue saying that their intent was to tell he's entirely "black". You can believe so, but you can't prove it; while both the protagonists serve as indication of otherwise.

No. Not everyone, nor he's a criminal boss because he can only do that. (You're behaving immaturely.) If you want to learn more about them, just do as I said. We've shown that he's resourceful as he has henchmen working for him, allies, and is apparently wealthy, etc.

It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around.

1. In case he was shown unrealistically tall (2.40cm+), that's a production fault, i.e, technical flaw. This is a minor flaw, as it's has little impact and can easily be fixed.
- Same thing for Kino. The flaw with the guns is minor; they could be just easily be replaced.
5. That, what you responded, is example of what I consider "weak attack" against my "defense", thus not worth replying further. You should know to measure your words better than to say that it's not comparable in any way when it's clearly comparable. And same as with 1., this is a minor flaw, for the same reasons.
8. You mentioned the bodies being left there and I hadn't paid attention. Apparently it was due to the old man they recognized is some super-man; they didn't want to stick around there for too long, then, as it'd be dangerous for them to. They obviously noticed that he wasn't wounded, after that many shots. Although the girl the boss didn't let go, the man apparently they hadn't planned in killing... so they ended up not taking his body. This must've been a screw up on their part, as he'd be full of fingerprints. But in such an unbelievable situation, these can be forgiven. In the end, what he'd have to worry the most is the invincible old man. (Besides, they could've just sent another crew to pick the bodies, if they wanted. And as the crew hadn't acted, it must've been because they found out the fiance was alive. And with them monitoring his conversations, they could easily threaten, using the girl.)

2. we are aruing the characters accuracy with real life yakuza (im not saying the show is portraying him as the norm however the comment i origianlly replied to indicated that he was a realistic portrayal of criminals in todays society) [Yakuza bosses typically dont look, or act like the one portrayed in the anime]

3. Its not justified at all you gave a prison example only problem is they are not in prison and the rape to show dominance thing would be looked down upon in todays society even in prison let alone outside of prison. simply being a uderling or being defencless isnt justification for his actions. I dont know why its so hard to admit his actions are purely to show the audience how edgy he is.

[ your logic: A student steals from a candy store because he's fast enough to get away with it ( this isnt justifciation, justification would be he stole because he was hungry)]

4. letting a kidnapped person run away and potentially go to the police is not just a small risk that would be a huge risk that most would want to avoid unless again they're stupid, and asking for more trouble than its worth. The fact is if he didnt have to let her go because of his injuries then he wouldnt. Its that simple, you cant say hes "extraordinarily competent" then say he let his victim runaway for no real reason.

-kino isnt a action anime focusing on its technical aspects in this regard is a waste of time and she uses them well but, then again she practices with them EVERYDAY.

7. Its objectively lazy writing maybe it wasnt intented to be a entirely black charater, but at the end of the day thats exactly what they created. ( him not raping and killing all the other yakuza doesnt mean he is now grey character all we saw him do was make smug faces until grandpa showed up. if they wanted to show a more rounded side they could have but didnt)
i know you are going to say that IRL people arent completely one thing and thus that means that the yakuza had more diverse sides to him that we just didnt get to see (only problem is nothing of the sort was ever hinted at to be the case i think his goal as a character is to be the typical dark edgy stereotype)

I am just following your line of justifcation if thats immature, then not much can be done its your own line of reasoning. Im not stupid enough to try and learn about real life crime organisations from a anime because i know it would very innacurate.

"It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around."
not sure how this justifies his hastly put together plan he still kidnapped someone that has family that would realise shes missing in broad day light and not far from where they work

1. why are we going back to this its not a production flaw im pretty sure he was supposed to be unrealistically tall to go with his over the top evil anime villain cliche
- not really a flaw she uses the gun and got used to them through training everyday

5. no idea what you are talking about ...

8. You're just throwing things at a wall and hoping they stick. (complete and utter nonsense)

so they are so scared they run and leave the body, but they take the girl? the same girl super-grandpa made clear he wanted to protect. if they are so scared why take the gril why not call it quits?

wait, so they were going to send another crew to get the bodies is that before or after they have the yakuza celebration because the longer they wait the longer the evidence (body) is waiting to be found. how could they have found out the fiance was alive did they come back to check did they wait for super grandpa to leave? when they found out he was still alive what did they do? nothing

threaten super- grandpa and the fiance .. that wouldnt have went well.

This explanation has so many holes.. at the yakuza meet up the yakuza boss didnt even seem concerned let alone scared even when he saw the grandpa he seemed worry free.

(these explanations you keep giving arent backed up by the show or real life events its just incoherent rambling and assumptions)

Nov 4, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2017
AnAnimeMushroom said:
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
We are 4 episodes in, the pacing is messed up, our characters have 0 development or growth, logic and cohesive writing do not exist:in fact the resurrection part was stupid while the part where Inuyashiki blinded The Yakusa was plain dumb, this doesn't stop them in ordering their lackeys or have revenge, and not all of Yakuza was in that room. I can't stand the character of Inuyashiki anymore, they introduce a really messed up family situation but it's not explored whatsoever, and the character feels bland and poor.
I know we are 4 episodes in, but if it continues like this, this will be a colossal disappointment
AwesomeAlfie27 said:

Oh my god, someone agrees with me, i may be crying
I'm interested. Could you expand? I have no intention of a heated, annoying argument, it's your opinion, I respect that, but here's my take;

This Character Development.
I feel like you're treating art - anime, as an entity to be dissected; Story, Characters, Development, to Plausibility (etc), each compartmentalised and graded 1 to 10 like judging each colour rather than the whole portrait. Celebrating with a; "Yay!" for every opinion parallel to yours.

Using Such Elements.
The absence of character development is hardly a criticism until you mention the overall effect and objective; this is characterisation, used to serve something to the narrative and generate interest. It's a tool, not a requirement.
You can invoke CHANGE by the typical way; the change of a characters ideals, or, the change of the viewer themselves; their perception. That is, introducing an unknown side of a character, or simulating an experiment for them to question that character. Either way, the result is the same; IT GENERATES INTREST. Isn't that what entertainment is?

Missed Something?
This is only worsened by the fact that there is development! Again, don't you notice such change can come in different forms? From Inuyashiki's resurrection into a wholly artificial, destructive body, surges the desperation to fulfil his own value as a human, that he otherwise sees himself as useless.

His ideology, desire, is propelled through episode 2, 3 to 4, questions if he's of value, capable as a human, and so plummets his image of the hero, back to episode 1; feeling useless.

What's The Difference?
Episode 4's sole purpose is to demonstrate Ichiro's decay of the ideological hero (Astro Boy of which he sings episode 3); the unemotional view of gauging the eyes of these criminals serves to question this heroism. You pointing out that these criminals could still have revenge is useless, if they were killed what difference would that make? Nothing.

What's The Purpose?
In fact, don't you think the gauging of their eyes demonstrates Ichiro's justification as a hero? Criminals suffering permanent loss of vision, burdened with pain, is shallow, it teaches no lesson to them. It's the questioning of him as "the best hero."

Too Vague?
Oh, and how's the families situation is messed up. In fact the boyfriend seems to allude to the similarities of him to Ichiro; not glimmering, yet possessing something invaluable. Oh, bland and poor? Why criticise the depth of character you'll only see for a single episode? There meant to serve content to the narrative. If you want can name many highly-respected series that does the same.

I see your also annoyed about resurrection. What is there to be annoyed about? The emphasis of Ichiro's values and greedy, overly-ambitious desire to save every human? His belief in himself starts from the ghettos, to the levels of a king, slowly plummeting to a peasant.

Care To Elaborate?
How is providing content filler? Don't tell me the pacing is out, be specific, tell me what contributes to that statement? If anything isn't specific, then it's these criticisms. Elaborate.

I Have answered to some criticism later in this very thread (read that), but i'm happy someone with actual arguments stepped in and started a debate, exactly what our world needs.
I don't have time right now but i invite you to a private debate via chat, you seem an interesting person to talk with, please accept my request, if not, tomorrow i will answer you in this thread
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

380 by RafaKojiro »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

392 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.