Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2017 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
katsu044 said:
oh god they got Kiryuu's voice actor to do the yakuza guy not like this Kiryuu-chan not like this :(

alright episode, was dark at times but it was okay because there was a sign of hope.

can't say i fully agree with that punishment ,at first i thought it was the machine taking over him but it sorta felt like him playing god deciding the fate of all those people regardless of if they deserved it or not

I mean the fact that they're in the Yakuza and do fucked up shit to people for a living kind of means they all deserved it regardless of hierarchy in the chain of command there.
Nov 2, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, must be catching some national attention soon. Surprising when he passed out no one came after hearing all those gun shots.
Nov 2, 2017 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
The fuck did I just watch this week?
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 2, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
I'm kinda confused at first, about those Yakuza person and the couple. Just thought what it had to do with Ichirou. But then when Ichirou came, I realize this is also part of his "new routine" as a savior. And talk about being a savior he just getting good at using his own weapon.
KEEP IT UP, Ichirou!!! >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 2, 2017 10:08 PM
Oct 2007
Imfenion said:
Am I the only one who expected a "Bang" at the last scene? :D

Me!!

I was sort of expecting the antagonist to come in and undo what he just did. Sort of cliche but that would be like wtf!!!!! You probably see 10 pages worth of discussion too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2017 10:23 PM
Jul 2015
Holy shit Inuyashiki is one bad ass mother fucked! Love that he's still shirtless too. This was definitely the best episode so far.

Edit: good to see that people in the discussion are still touting their childish morals. Never change kiddos.
JaghNov 2, 2017 10:27 PM
Nov 2, 2017 10:54 PM
Dec 2014
We all knew Satoru (real name Shinpachi) was never gonna die because they never touched his real body (glasses obviously)
Nov 2, 2017 10:57 PM

Dec 2015
Talcon said:
kadiro said:

Did the start freak you out? lol...it's a mature show, it's to be expected (though they went a bit far that part lol)

I don't agree that this episode is mature. It's a pantomime evil bad guy doing bad things for its own sake. Then it shows the idyllic couple living their very relatable and oh-so innocent family life, and then as if on cue, 'oh no a buncha bad things happen'. Then the protagonist shows up to SAVE DA WURLD and from then on it's just a power fantasy. Sorry if you liked it, but nothing about this strikes me as mature. It felt like an episode of Akame ga Kill!

I mean, shit, I like mature shows, just look at my favorite anime, but this... no, this wasn't right.

i completely agree with you, you've said pretty much my thoughts on the show not just this particular episode.. thank you
what's the question when they're calling you the answer?
Nov 2, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 2015
ghoulcustomer said:
Talcon said:

I don't agree that this episode is mature. It's a pantomime evil bad guy doing bad things for its own sake. Then it shows the idyllic couple living their very relatable and oh-so innocent family life, and then as if on cue, 'oh no a buncha bad things happen'. Then the protagonist shows up to SAVE DA WURLD and from then on it's just a power fantasy. Sorry if you liked it, but nothing about this strikes me as mature. It felt like an episode of Akame ga Kill!

I mean, shit, I like mature shows, just look at my favorite anime, but this... no, this wasn't right.

Unfortunately, it wasn't at all an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society. He was a man overrun by his primal desire to dominate, and people like that are a dime a dozen out there. You think women don't get snatched up and raped in the real world? It's fucked up, and it happens because people like this guy are around.

The truth is that the bad guys you're used to seeing are misrepresentations of evil.

You're allowed to say, "I don't want to face the darker aspects of human nature, and I regret being forced to do so." But you can't say that this evil isn't something that countless great people without any of Inuyashiki's powers are fighting against perpetually all over the world.

That is complete nonsense that yakuza boss was the biggest example in anime of " an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society" evil people do exist sure, but someone like the yakuza boss would be in the vast minority of criminals. Todays society is safer than its ever been in human history.

Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain.

maturity =/= edginess
what's the question when they're calling you the answer?
Nov 2, 2017 11:42 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
This episode reminds me of Taken but squeezed in 23 mins.

Aww that censorship I was hoping they'll show it but still good episode, I guess was laughing so hard when Saejima rolling in the air.
Nov 3, 2017 12:09 AM

Feb 2014
Damn this was the best episode ever!!! This show is gonna go down in history!

Inuyashiki is the embodiment of an ideal justice.

Imfenion said:

Well I was expecting at every entry of the mafia boss. Just randomly bang!!

When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 3, 2017 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
That was some sweet brutal karma at the end. Based grandpa crippling and blinding them is a lot harsher then just killing them. They didn't deserve any mercy.
Nov 3, 2017 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
ghoulcustomer said:

Unfortunately, it wasn't at all an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society. He was a man overrun by his primal desire to dominate, and people like that are a dime a dozen out there. You think women don't get snatched up and raped in the real world? It's fucked up, and it happens because people like this guy are around.

The truth is that the bad guys you're used to seeing are misrepresentations of evil.

You're allowed to say, "I don't want to face the darker aspects of human nature, and I regret being forced to do so." But you can't say that this evil isn't something that countless great people without any of Inuyashiki's powers are fighting against perpetually all over the world.

That is complete nonsense that yakuza boss was the biggest example in anime of " an exaggerated characterization of an evil person in today's society" evil people do exist sure, but someone like the yakuza boss would be in the vast minority of criminals. Todays society is safer than its ever been in human history.

Rape happens and its bad, but to suggest it happens because of people like that yakuza boss is just silly most rape is done by someone you know not by some random muscle bound one dimensional villain.

maturity =/= edginess

... The contrast was too great, wasn't it. The couple was too good, and the Yakuza boss was too bad.

What's exaggerated about him, actually? Like you said, he's minority. But his behavior is well-justified. He's a boss, thus is more powerful, which gives him more freedom to do as he pleases--which happen to be immoral. By comparison, his henchmen are more passive.
Like his associates mentioned, he's wilder. The show isn't telling that he's the standard.
And only mostly one part of him having been shown because it wasn't possible for more to isn't evidence for "one-dimensionalness". C'mon, be aware.

The show did not tell that rape is done only by people in his position--you assumed it did.

From an article about Yakuza's crimes:

@Talcon "Power fantasy" part was mostly unneeded, if you think about it. The protagonist didn't have to go super-man on them but instead just shot them, in the first encounter. In the Yakuza's reunion, he could've sniped them (with a rifle, if he had made the effort to acquire one). His radar is powerful enough, but it's obvious that Ichirou wants to take things personally, for...self-satisfaction. But also, it appears that he either isn't putting much effort into this hero business of his, or is simply not having enough time to, as he appears, still, too unprepared...
removed-userNov 3, 2017 12:34 AM
Nov 3, 2017 1:46 AM

Jun 2017
We are 4 episodes in, the pacing is messed up, our characters have 0 development or growth, logic and cohesive writing do not exist:in fact the resurrection part was stupid while the part where Inuyashiki blinded The Yakusa was plain dumb, this doesn't stop them in ordering their lackeys or have revenge, and not all of Yakuza was in that room. I can't stand the character of Inuyashiki anymore, they introduce a really messed up family situation but it's not explored whatsoever, and the character feels bland and poor.
I know we are 4 episodes in, but if it continues like this, this will be a colossal disappointment
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Nov 3, 2017 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
I like how Ichirou already gets the hang of flying around, although he still can't fight with all his body upgrades without the machine basically being forced to do the fight.

Also, people please, can't you just say whether you like or dislike the episode without arguing about it. Some enjoy this and some don't, just leave it at that.
Nov 3, 2017 1:53 AM

Mar 2009
It needs to be said over and over again, and I don't think it gets enough attention: that is one quality OP.

Did not expect Inuyashiki to mete out that kind of punishment on the Yakuza guys. They certainly deserved it, of course, but damn...
At first I thought it was simply a defense mechanism, but seems like he was fully conscious of it. Inuyashiki clearly isn't your typical "hero."
Nov 3, 2017 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
our characters have 0 development or growth
What kinda complaint is this... You were probably expecting development pace you're familiar with, huh.
logic and cohesive writing do not exist:in fact the resurrection part was stupid while the part where Inuyashiki blinded The Yakusa was plain dumb, this doesn't stop them in ordering their lackeys or have revenge, and not all of Yakuza was in that room.
Would it be too much for me to call you dumb, instead, for apparently not realizing that the old guy protagonist is still inexperienced at this? And, well, the guy had been unconscious for about a minute at most,
as the pattern has been shown of Ichirou waking up under that much time. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000022.htm

I can't stand the character of Inuyashiki anymore, they introduce a really messed up family situation but it's not explored whatsoever, and the character feels bland and poor.
Because else is being explored. The problem with you appears to be that you've much more preference for what you mention.

---------------------------------------------------------
Nov 3, 2017 3:25 AM

Jun 2017
I'm sorry, but if you make a big speech about Justice and Death you can't do these mistakes.You're confusing bad writing with rookie mistakes.
What else is being explored of the MC?His conflicts?I haven't seen any;His moral dilemmas?Nah;His parallelism with the teenage Boy?That i SUPPOSE will happen later;Critique against society?Really, can you even count this as a satire about society;His actual growth when he saves people?We've got none of that;His abilities?Well the teenage Boy figures almost everything in the same time Inuyashiki has this "power", but it seems that his powers and how he uses them are adapted to what the plot needs
If you call wanting coherent writing and natural growth as preference than i don't see the problem, hard to be invested if i don't care about the characters and please, DEVELOPMENT PACE I'M FAMILIAR WITH, what does that even mean?In 4 episodes there are no changes in Inuyashiku, stop getting all of this down to preferences, because i have none, i have no favorite genre o way of telling a story, but i,as a viewer, am offended that the status quo is the same after 4 episodes when all of this happened
Nov 3, 2017 3:29 AM

Jun 2017
Ooo...an ally of justice.

Blind and crippled is a pretty devastating punishment. Assuming he took out all of the yakuza in the mansion, how many days will it take before people find them. These newly crippled may starve for days before they are found. Assuming they are found, they can't be cured, and will be stuck in a wheelchair or bed forever.

Those who thought Inuyashiki was merciful, I invite you to spend time in a nursing care facility for the crippled and see how dehumanising such a condition is. The biggest factor such people remain human is because their carers donate some humanity into them. Otherwise, even if supplied food and shelter, they would just shrivel and fester as they lay in bed. THAT is the definition of a slow and horrifying death.
CrossburnNov 3, 2017 3:32 AM
Nov 3, 2017 3:40 AM

Nov 2014
This episode is only to tell about his powers and his deed to the community.
I expect for the next episode to give a progress.
Nov 3, 2017 3:58 AM

Jan 2013
QuattroVaginas said:
He revived that guy through half-assed CPR? Best part of the episode is definitely Kiryuu.

Dude, have you even been paying any attention? We are talking about an old man who doesn't know how to fight just see how he throws punches. Those are clear signs of an amateur and the impact it has on his opponents go flying. Give me a break if you think that CPR was half assed.
Nov 3, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2008
This is my most anticipated show and AOTS this season! Hands down PERIOD!
10/5!!!
what an eternal punishment Inuyashiki delivered to all of those Yakuza! completely blinding and paralyzing all of them! That was Sensationaly Sadistically SAVAGE!!!
matias067Nov 8, 2017 3:07 AM

Nov 3, 2017 5:36 AM
Sep 2014
Anathor said:
I got scared for a second there, thought gramps wasn't going to make it in time. Still I wonder if that was an actual resurrection or just made it barely on time. I suppose the second, he is not god even though he got powers to cure cancer and stuff.

The yakuza got obliterated lol, that was a good punishment. Killing them would have been too easy, he instead ruined their life forever.

That's honestly one of my biggest worries when situations like these happen. I had hope that Gramps was going to make it, and he did. He's such a heroic old man.
Nov 3, 2017 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
One of the better chapters although the pacing was rushed.

The ED song is sooooo good, been listening to it on repeat for a week now.
~
Nov 3, 2017 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
RevyHolixx said:
best first 2 minutes in anime ever.

It was... Unexpected
Nov 3, 2017 5:39 AM
Sep 2014
Talcon said:
This episode fucking sucked. I was seriously considering making room on my Top 10 for this show, and now I might just drop it. How was something was this even green lit. I don't get it.

How come? Was it the theme of the episode? Pacing?
Nov 3, 2017 5:43 AM
Sep 2014
This episode was terrifying from start to finish. It was cool to see Inuyashiki whoop some Yakuza ass, but what happened to the couple was more than I could handle. I feel sorry for her and her boyfriend.
Nov 3, 2017 5:46 AM
Oct 2012
WOW, the anime is going with everything, nothing relevant has been censored, so that's the power of noitamina?

anyway, this episode perfectly summed up the yakuza arc, I think was used more than 9 chapters in that.

and about the CG in fights, I think they do this to try to respect the essence of the manga, Inuyashiki has many scenes that looks something done by computer rather than a human artist.

but I believe that different from Berserk where the great majority agreed on the bad quality of the series, Inuyashiki only divided opinions, personally I do not see problems, the first episode yes was bad, but the others were good and the series managed to maintain the quality of the art equal the original manga most of the time, which is not easy.
AcernosNov 3, 2017 6:04 AM
Nov 3, 2017 5:46 AM

Mar 2013
This is so good!!!
Nov 3, 2017 5:51 AM

Apr 2017
It felt like I'm watching a filler here. Such a crappy pacing drawn with out of context set of characters, too bad they'll be forgotten sooner
-HippySnob-Nov 3, 2017 6:26 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 3, 2017 6:26 AM

Mar 2017
Imfenion said:

No, you are not. :D
I was really scared. I thought Hiro would shot their head before they hugged each other. T_T
Nov 3, 2017 6:56 AM
Aug 2017
Really good episode. I love how Inuyashiki cares about someone he doesn't know at all. He is clearly starting to understand his powers.

Dare I say, this is the best anime in all the current airing animes.
Nov 3, 2017 7:07 AM

Jan 2014
That was a rollercoaster of emotions. I teared up a little at the end. Great ep.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 3, 2017 7:11 AM

Oct 2015
Justice served and no bang at this end <3 Holy shit Inyuyashiki is such a boss, glad he didn't kill them all but gave them the harshest punishement in their life. Don't hurt other and go screaming why, best episode by far.
Nov 3, 2017 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
pcf2 said:
i completely agree with you, you've said pretty much my thoughts on the show not just this particular episode.. thank you

amk_2397 said:
THANK YOU! See I've been thinking this show is like a poor man's Now and Then, Here and There, simple protagonist and antagonist that embody good and evil. The main difference between the two is just how the "evil" side is being portrayed. Like these yakuza guys come off as more hilarious than threatening. But yeah starting to have more similarities to Akame ga Kill.

Woah, people are agreeing with me. I wasn't mentally prepared for this.
Nov 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Jul 2015
...So like... my sister walked in at the beginning... and was all like "Hes gonna get raped" and I was all like "Nah hes probably just gonna get killed"... Never imagined I'd be seeing a dude get raped in an anime like that...

Anyway, escaping the Yakuza ain't an easy thing to do... unfortunately for the girl. But Grandpa came to the rescue, was trying to sound threatening, BROUGHT A DUDE BACK FROM THE DEAD, BLINDED AND PARALYZED THE ENTIRE FREAKING YAKUZA, and then saved the girl. What a nice episode, this anime is great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 3, 2017 7:39 AM

Jul 2016
Jonesy974 said:
This episode was kinda unnecessarily fucked up.

Or maybe it just showed how fucked up the world is and what someone could do if they were given awesome powers.

Man.

All i hope is that Hiro gets stopped before he does anymore damage.
Nov 3, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2017
RnDNEET021 said:
It felt like I'm watching a filler here. Such a crappy pacing drawn with out of context set of characters, too bad they'll be forgotten sooner

Oh my god, someone agrees with me, i may be crying
Nov 3, 2017 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
Another "heavy" episode. Damn, they leave such a bad aftertaste...
Nov 3, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2017
Would never underestimate an angry badass old man!

I like how he just completely rekted these yakuza although he is very kind like a saint.

This is not typical shounen anime when bad guys can do a lot of terrible things and then they were forgiven like nothing happens.
Nov 3, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Talcon said:
pcf2 said:

amk_2397 said:
THANK YOU! See I've been thinking this show is like a poor man's Now and Then, Here and There, simple protagonist and antagonist that embody good and evil. The main difference between the two is just how the "evil" side is being portrayed. Like these yakuza guys come off as more hilarious than threatening. But yeah starting to have more similarities to Akame ga Kill.

Woah, people are agreeing with me. I wasn't mentally prepared for this.
Yeah welcome to the minority buddy. Honestly the more and more I keep thinking about this episode, the more retarded it becomes. Just down from how the characters act to the overall presentation of the show. Like how you say there were mature themes here but none of them were utilized well. Like people keep saying how rape was a pretty heavy thing, yet A) there were no actual signs that the woman had been raped other than the two syringe marks she had on her arm, which also what did those “drugs” even do? And B) the yakuza keeps saying over and over “I’m gonna rape you a lot”, yet there are no times where he really looks like someone who is about to rape a person other than he’s big and muscly.
Nov 3, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
Wow. Another episode seeing things I've never seen in anime. It was a side story just showing how fucking amazing Inuyashiki is. He basically took out the Yakuza and saved a couple who ran into them. There's never a dull moment in this anime, so even episodes like this that add nothing to the main plot are still much appreciated.
Nov 3, 2017 8:34 AM
Mar 2017
pretty powerful stuff here
pretty powerful episode
it's always thrilling when rape involved
rape is worst than kill
it hit's home and it hit hard
Nov 3, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
I love the edge, it's just too funny. It really is like Gantz all over again.
Nov 3, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
The boyfriend guy's VA was a bit annoying. The acting for the MCs felt natural and fitting but the acting for him just sounded like bad acting.

Vaguely enjoyable and offputting.
Nov 3, 2017 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Hinata said:
I thought one of em were gonna die but woot! No one died.

Some could argue that the Yakuza suffered a fate even worse than death.
Nov 3, 2017 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
love it. fan service done right . I miss hiro already
Nov 3, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
holy fuck this is only episode 4 and shit just this crazy already can't wait to see the fucking rest

whole episode just so fucking good
Nov 3, 2017 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
radle said:
QuattroVaginas said:
He revived that guy through half-assed CPR? Best part of the episode is definitely Kiryuu.

Dude, have you even been paying any attention? We are talking about an old man who doesn't know how to fight just see how he throws punches. Those are clear signs of an amateur and the impact it has on his opponents go flying. Give me a break if you think that CPR was half assed.

No open airway and rescue breaths, chest compression is literally half of CPR. You need to apply some weight, but superhuman strength is definitely not necessary or helpful, if that's what you were suggesting. Also the old man was unconscious for quite a while, the boyfriend was probably long braindead. Moreover, I don't know why his alien tech couldn't resuscitate a strangulation victim, while manual chest compressions can.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 3, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
Inuyashiki is so badass (and a bit hardcore lol). I know it was super cliché but so satisfying to watch!

Btw, did the girl close the door when she was running away? Lol
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

393 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

381 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 18, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.