Forums

Mini Game v5: Major Arcana Mafia | Game Over | Qoco and Town win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (49) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 »
Oct 28, 2017 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
AbuHumaid said:
@Gwendolly Wait are you saying you killed logic?

I'm saying qoco couldn't have been it cause I already said that I have the same ability a bit different of what you're thinking but two of the similiar can't exist
<3
Oct 28, 2017 8:06 AM
Oct 2017
yurkin said:
Gwendolly said:

Gamethrower.

But hes evil... weren't you two suppossedly not on the same side...?
Is this confession of sharing the same side? ? ?

Ah, no, I'm practically just voting for the sake of it at this point.
Oct 28, 2017 8:11 AM
Oct 2017
Gwendolly said:
Kay change of plans; this is progressing very slowly so I'm going all or nothing

This is probably lylo for me so if there's any other evil tpr out there besides ryuu join me and win this together.
So I'm gonna properly claim. I am mafia and the only mafia. Have been going solo from the very start. Didn't lie about my two abilities and arcana tho. Which probably also means logics alignment checks were right of 4 evil players on the train. Calling abu and labs out.
If no one is able to side with me lynch me if you dare but there's probably another killing tpr out there since I believe my passive wouldn't just be for Shinichis ability lol (it's probably Abu) If Labs 2nd ability still works then it could make sense him being the only survivor. So I may already have 2 extra votes on me too.
Have to work all day today so gonna give you the whole day to think about it

Hah, I knew your alignment was evil, with a flavour like that, there was no way you could have been good.
Oct 28, 2017 8:12 AM
Oct 2017
Well since it's been confirmed.
vote: abuhumaid
Oct 28, 2017 8:16 AM
Oct 2017
AbuHumaid said:
I think this setup has 3 good TPR, 3 evil TPR, one neutral TPR, one mafia and the rest are town.
Neutral TPR: Shinichi
Good TPR: Abu, yurkin and Labs
Evil TPR: Ryuu, Qoco and unknown (I believe the unknown is already dead)
Mafia: Gwen
Town: logic, Suzune, RE, Soda, Astros (one of these players must be evil TPR)

If one of them was evil tpr, I'm guessing the Hanged Man, if Jester is not evil, possibly Magician too.
Oct 28, 2017 8:17 AM
Oct 2017
AbuHumaid said:
Soda is more likely to have been evil TPR though, Suzune should be town after all, I can't see that skipping night ability coming from an anti town role.

The night skip ability was yurkin's.
Oct 28, 2017 8:19 AM
Oct 2017
AbuHumaid said:
be assured that me and Labs are good TPR since Gwen the mafia is desperate targeting us and is trying to stir confusion. If she's really trying to help then why doesn't she tell us why wasn't there night kills?

It is possible for one of you to be evil tpr, since I'm certain the mafia has no way of knowing the good tprs from the bad.
Oct 28, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
Ryuuseino said:
Gwendolly said:
Kay change of plans; this is progressing very slowly so I'm going all or nothing

This is probably lylo for me so if there's any other evil tpr out there besides ryuu join me and win this together.
So I'm gonna properly claim. I am mafia and the only mafia. Have been going solo from the very start. Didn't lie about my two abilities and arcana tho. Which probably also means logics alignment checks were right of 4 evil players on the train. Calling abu and labs out.
If no one is able to side with me lynch me if you dare but there's probably another killing tpr out there since I believe my passive wouldn't just be for Shinichis ability lol (it's probably Abu) If Labs 2nd ability still works then it could make sense him being the only survivor. So I may already have 2 extra votes on me too.
Have to work all day today so gonna give you the whole day to think about it

Hah, I knew your alignment was evil, with a flavour like that, there was no way you could have been good.

That's why I'm asking WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR ME if you knew it -.- If Labs has the same win condition then we got this if not then r.i.p mafia but still curious how the game will end without mafia; there's no way someone can stand alone in the end through lynching. Unless they vote for themselves but why would they do that?
<3
Oct 28, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2013
Ryuuseino said:
AbuHumaid said:
be assured that me and Labs are good TPR since Gwen the mafia is desperate targeting us and is trying to stir confusion. If she's really trying to help then why doesn't she tell us why wasn't there night kills?

It is possible for one of you to be evil tpr, since I'm certain the mafia has no way of knowing the good tprs from the bad.

More likely possible that one of them have their own elimination goal
<3
Oct 28, 2017 9:18 AM
Oct 2017
Gwendolly said:
Ryuuseino said:

That's why I'm asking WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR ME if you knew it -.- If Labs has the same win condition then we got this if not then r.i.p mafia but still curious how the game will end without mafia; there's no way someone can stand alone in the end through lynching. Unless they vote for themselves but why would they do that?

Reason I voted you: after I outed myself I was convinced that mafia had lost, since there seemed to be very little evil aligneds. So I thought to just evil hunt, if i hunted for the good ones, it can't really be called hunting, when there are so many good aligneds.
Oct 28, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Ryuuseino said:
Gwendolly said:

Reason I voted you: after I outed myself I was convinced that mafia had lost, since there seemed to be very little evil aligneds. So I thought to just evil hunt, if i hunted for the good ones, it can't really be called hunting, when there are so many good aligneds.
According to your logic you thought I was good then
<3
Oct 28, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
@Ryuuseino we should probably switch to yurkin just in case. Abu could have protection. And yurkin is night protected?

@Labs come out and clear the speculations

Still believe that either Abu or Labs are the evil ones from logics result but rather evil for their own sake
<3
Oct 28, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
I won't get hurt much from it, game terms hurt i mean, so go on.
Switch votes, ok.
This won't end bad for me, even if it looks like it in the beginning. Its me worrying over not fatal event, that will end up turning into something good.
Being predicted from the start lmao.
Oct 28, 2017 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
yurkin said:
I won't get hurt much from it, game terms hurt i mean, so go on.
Switch votes, ok.
This won't end bad for me, even if it looks like it in the beginning. Its me worrying over not fatal event, that will end up turning into something good.
Being predicted from the start lmao.

What the hell are you talking about?
<3
Oct 28, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
bs rant, don't mind me.
Oct 28, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Imma keep my rant for post game phase :D
<3
Oct 28, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2013
But man is this exciting! This is so active; the battles right now are so intense you can't slip a word in! Never seen such thrilling finals! It's so exciting, everyone is fighting with their last will. I wonder who will win? You can't really tell because everyone is just attacking eachother *snore* Sorry fell asleep from overexcitement. So epic!

Ooh forum mafia you never fail to disappoint me.
<3
Oct 28, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
mhm
*insert proper answer here*
Oct 28, 2017 4:21 PM

May 2013
I'll be away for phase change but the votes look like this right now:

Vote count 5.1
Gwendolly (3) - Labs, yurkin, AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid (2) - Gwendolly, Ryuuseino

Deadline in 40 mins
Oct 28, 2017 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
You people are so boring lol who ever wins this is booooooooring!! .-. Before I go I actually had a complete different 2nd ability (which you'll see after the game), so if someone actually dies during the night after me don't blame it on some vengeful shit.
Good luck surviving.
<3
Oct 28, 2017 9:41 PM

May 2013
Vote count 5.2 (Final)
Gwendolly (3) - Labs, yurkin, AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid (2) - Gwendolly, Ryuuseino

Hosts should be notified by players if they notice a mistake in the count or links.
Oct 28, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2013
Gwendolly was lynched! They were...
Oct 28, 2017 9:51 PM

May 2013

@AbuHumaid @yurkin @Labs @Gwendolly @Ryuuseino

Start of Night 5
The village falls asleep, slightly more uneasy than before...

Alive players:

PHASE END: OCTOBER 29, 20:00 EST
TIMER

Please cease posting.
Oct 29, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2013
No one died.
Oct 29, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2013

@AbuHumaid @yurkin @Labs @Ryuuseino

Start of Day 6
The village awakens, determined to identify where the threat comes from...

Alive players:

PHASE END: OCTOBER 30, 20:00 EST
TIMER
Due to the low amount of players, the phase will last 24hs!

You may now post.
Oct 29, 2017 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
Vote: Ryuu
Oct 29, 2017 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
welp

vote: ryuu
Oct 29, 2017 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
This game has reached a point where we can't discuss much anymore.
Oct 29, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
Still in edge about this though I've been keen to vote here for essentially the whole game.
Hopefully not a massive throw, but oh well don't deserve a win anyways.

Vote: Ryuu
Oct 30, 2017 3:12 AM

Jul 2009
There is not much left to be said....

Logic was murdered not killed perhaps suggesting another killing role is in play.

that's about it.
Oct 30, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2014
Uhh...

Time!

Mod notes: From 1-10, how frustrating was this game? XD
Oct 30, 2017 6:24 PM

May 2013
Just give me a few more, I've been dealing with some other stuff of higher priority since this game is over
o/
Oct 30, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2009
CorruptedPurity said:
Uhh...

Time!

perhaps 2/10
Don't remember getting overly frustrated like usual.

It's 4am and i don't remember much rn, still i'm sure the above apply.
Oct 30, 2017 7:46 PM

Sep 2012
Mmmmm as sad as it is to say, frustrating wouldn't be a top pick.... it just got boring once the numbers became obvious for the most part.
Lack of kills resolving also made it worse.

I'll probably get into this a bit more when not on phone
Oct 30, 2017 8:20 PM

Sep 2016
Day 1: 5/10 (so the usual frustration :P)
Night 1: 20/10 (WTF YOU MEANIES)
Rest of the game: 2/10 lol
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Oct 30, 2017 9:41 PM

Dec 2013
CorruptedPurity said:

Night One?

Afterward?

Was no where close to this colossal waste of my time. It was cause for some serious re-evaluation of my life.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1677053
Oct 30, 2017 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
@Astros
u rly tried Sawmander? lol

@CorruptedPurity
9/10
and I'm just a lowly spectator
gawd I wanna strangle u or smthing
and this..is Mish for u he's that irritating sensei lol
I will never ever join a game u host unless convinced otherwise..
it was catchy at first.. but hah luckily I wasn't tricked (where's the treat? xD)
on the bright side, u would make a great host for April Fools. I will sign up for spectator then lol. but no Xmas hosting =.= //rants

Oct 31, 2017 5:05 AM

Dec 2014
somebodyoncetoldme said:
2/10

theworldisgonnarollme said:
2/10

Iaintthesharpestoolintheshed said:
2/10

Shewaslookingkindofdumb said:
5/10

withherfingerandherthumb said:
2/10

intheshapeofanLonherforehead said:
9/10

@Mishukax
I count this as a failure. Lets bring out an even more bastard setup for next year halloween...
Oct 31, 2017 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
Omg i saw the time stamp of my last post 4:44 !! purrfect =3=
Oct 31, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Phraze said:
@Astros
I didn't try anything. I spent a good twenty hours getting to the end, even though I didn't know trigonometry, only for my lack of awareness and sleep to get the better of me.
AstrosOct 31, 2017 10:42 AM
Oct 31, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest I was mad on Day 2 and 3, I guess I was good at hiding it.
Oct 31, 2017 4:06 PM

Oct 2011
Astros said:
Phraze said:
@Astros
I didn't try anything. I spent a good twenty hours getting to the end, even though I didn't know trigonometry, only for my lack of awareness and sleep to get the better of me.
another person who doesn't know trig xD someone did post the answers, but I didn't know how to use them.

Oct 31, 2017 4:07 PM

Oct 2011
yurkin said:
Omg i saw the time stamp of my last post 4:44 !! purrfect =3=
and with this I now know our timezone difference :P

Oct 31, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2013
ALRIGHT

Vote count 6.1 (Final)
Ryuuseino (3) - AbuHumaid, yurkin, Labs

Hosts should be notified by players if they notice a mistake in the count or links.
Oct 31, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2013
Ryuuseino was lynched! They were...
Oct 31, 2017 7:50 PM

May 2013
temporarily removes
MishukaxAug 6, 2022 9:37 AM
Oct 31, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2013
Flavor
(Including unused) (Some were slightly edited and different than as shown here at the time of posting during the game)
You've got to thank CorruptedPurity for those! <3

MishukaxOct 31, 2017 8:23 PM
Oct 31, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2013
Shoutouts to @CorruptedPurity for being a slick hosting partner. That was some good idea-sharing and I hope we'll come up with something more captivating if we're to ever work together again <3
Props to @Zymf for verifying this mess, lol.

Disappointing moments of the game: when Astros was almost lynched as The Hanged Man but you all decided to off RE instead. Then Astros was killed by the mafia.
When Soda was killed from a 1/6 chance (okay, that might've been satisfying, actually)
When Gwendolly converted an Evil TPR.
When you all lynched Qoco instead of Ryuuseino (which would have given yurkin a win). Can I remind you that Ryuu claimed Evil TPR and said something along the lines of " "I tried catching scum because I figured my low experience would make me subconsciously catch town instead"?

Satisfying moments of the game: everything else, basically? The spectator chat was also surprisingly active. I'm so sorry for logic340 and RE who had to pretty much scumhunt by themselves. But the original plan was to make every TPR neutral. Good thing we changed that, it made the experience more mafia-like even though it might have not looked like it. And sorry to Gwendolly who joined the mafia chat at the start of the game and was wondering when the heck her teammates would join. The RNG chose you as the unlucky loner and I had no idea this was your first time as mafia. RIP. You didn't do too bad though, in my opinion. Survived many days with an unfavorable cop check on you. Overall, I feel like the actions of the game could have been performed in a more interesting way, but this setup which was meant to confuse players won't work a second time. Speaking of actions...

But, who won?

First of all, Qoco has obviously met his win condition.
Now, the wincons went as follows:
Town: eliminate all threats.
Mafia: reach a gamestate where you cannot all possibly be eliminated.
Third-party: (if applicable) hidden.
Most of the TPR's wincons required them to either be alive when their faction meets their wincon, OR be the last player alive. The former is statistically difficult, and the latter is hardly possible (the Wheel of Fortune is one role who could make the game end up with one player alive), but I had to include it in because I needed something to make the TPRs keep playing if a massclaim was to happen and the players figured out that there were no town/mafia left alive. "Be the last player alive" was probably not the optimal choice for this, but I also didn't want to write anything that would hint at the setup like "You can win by being alive with other good TPRs at the end" which is what actually happened here with yurkin, Labs and AbuHumaid. These three have technically not met their written wincon but it would feel extremely off and unfair to not give them the win along with Qoco. And I suppose with this, Astros, logic340 and RE1031 can also be awarded a winning mention, as Town+GoodTPR could be seen as one single faction and Mafia+EvilTPR as another.
For the record, the hardest part was designing a TPR-heavy setup that wouldn't get figured out so easily so as to create the impression of a mafia game environment filled with townies and the regular number of mafia members while still having Day discussion that seemed to be extremely neutral/lacking gamesolving (6 roles/12 were not scumhunting, except maybe the evil TPRs who'd want to identify who they should be winning with). We wanted it to be chaotic, after all, which also meant confusing the heck out of the mafia (in this case Gwendolly) just as much as the town (in this case RE and logic). The game turned out to work out well mechanically and the balance didn't seem off, but I can definitely tell that some players didn't have the greatest time ever. If improvements were to be made in the balance, some experimental scrutiny would be required, but a played game is a played game!

Qoco has won the game
yurkin, Labs, AbuHumaid have won the game
Astros, logic340, RE1031 have won the game

@AbuHumaid @Shinichi-kun @yurkin @Labs @Gwendolly @logic340 @Sodalicious_ @Ryuuseino @Suzune-chan @Qoco @Astros @RE1031
Thank you all for playing! I should come back with more thoughts concerning the roles, the players, and the setup in general sometime soon.
MishukaxOct 31, 2017 8:53 PM
Oct 31, 2017 8:50 PM

May 2013
Oh yeah, here's the album including all of the 22 cards, as a little bonus. We were actually quite annoyed because we wanted to get rid of those watermarks, and we almost literally bought a physical set to scan them, but figured it wouldn't be delivered before the game would start.
We concluded that giving credit to an artist is what good boys do anyway :3
Oct 31, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2016
Hurray!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (49) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.