Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2017 8:00 PM

Feb 2016
Username23489023 said:
HereticHunter said:

Also, this anime is so lighthearted for the "Post apocalyptic" setting, it doesn't make any sense, we are having 2 girls being extremely careless by being playful with each other which could lead to a certain death, (for example when Yuuri hits her partner almost causing her to drive off the cliff...) I'm not really sure what others see on this anime, but I just don't know how I should take this anime... pretty sure it doesn't want to be taken seriously

You have to look at it through a nihilistic lens. They’re going to die anyway, does it matter how? If she did drive off the ledge, and they both died, they would no longer have to worry about survival. No longer suffer. Would she really shoot her for a cookie? Yes, and she knows it, but doesn’t care.

Then, that means that everything were exactly as I had expected when I saw the trailer and the synopsis. I now know why I can't enjoy this anime.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 20, 2017 8:17 PM

Nov 2016
so MIA is they going down and SSR is going up? XD .I love it they not make it cliffhanger when the map dropped.
Oct 20, 2017 9:26 PM
Apr 2012
Draconix814 said:
Who is Kanazawa's voice actor? I have definitely heard his voice before.

I'm pretty sure he's the same one as Natori's from Natsume Yujincho.
Peri_Oct 20, 2017 9:38 PM
Oct 20, 2017 9:36 PM

Apr 2015
HereticHunter said:
so, what happened to "Civilization being dead" in the synopsis? was that man an illusion? this just rises more questions than answers. I'm giving this anime one more episode until I decide what to do with it.

Civilization is actually different with humanity.

Civilization is just the stage of human social development and organization that is considered most advanced. Basically its just the culture,society and the way of life of some place.
So that man was definitely not an illusion.
Oct 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was good, but it did bring out my fear of heights
Oct 20, 2017 10:35 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like I found my AoTS!
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 20, 2017 10:59 PM

May 2015
Wow...this episode went by faster than I expected it to. And what a way to show the world from the tower elevator. White Fox putting in work...

Poor Kanezawa. Making all those maps of a desolate world just to lose them. But at least the girls he met gave him new hope to start over. So there are other survivors. Who will they meet up with next?

So going up means entering a new culture or stage of human development. Interesting. And if there's light, there's electricity. And if there's electricity, then there has to be something special around there. Maybe they'll get their tank to run on an electrical battery for emergencies lol. There's still the case of food though. I wonder what kind of food they'll find on this new story (pun intended).
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:44 AM
Oct 21, 2017 12:15 AM
Jun 2017
HereticHunter said:
Username23489023 said:

You have to look at it through a nihilistic lens. They’re going to die anyway, does it matter how? If she did drive off the ledge, and they both died, they would no longer have to worry about survival. No longer suffer. Would she really shoot her for a cookie? Yes, and she knows it, but doesn’t care.

Then, that means that everything were exactly as I had expected when I saw the trailer and the synopsis. I now know why I can't enjoy this anime.

You may want to re-watch these first three episodes and listen to what the girls say and how their voice actors say their lines.

This is a iyashikei slice of life,you're meant to ponder how the girls can find enjoyment,happiness in carrying on their daily lives. In this episode Chito and Yuuri both ask and semi-answer what they are living on for,life-hardly " nihilistic"

Did you not watch the girls risk their own lives to save the mapmaker's? Did you not see the girls lecture the mapmaker of the value of life and living on?

Yuuri pointing her gun at Chito was an act and Chito responded in kind,both were playing at "war" period.So NO Yuuri is not,nor ever,going to kill Chito over food.

Think of Girls's Last Tour as K-On! with a depressing setting.
No murder,no bloody mayhem,no rape,no treachery;nothing of the sort happens in Girls's Last Tour.- just think K-On! with a depressing setting.

The setting as told by the anime- Once there was an ancient civilization which all but wiped out all life on the planet due to a vast war over the remaining few resources and living space.

The survivors started civilization over,living amongst the ruins of the old civilization and for more than 100 tears now each generation loses more and more knowledge and their populations dwindle.

Oh and another war broke out,humanity right?

Oct 21, 2017 12:44 AM

Jan 2015
The girls are having some ride together with Kanazawa in a "complicated" place with same goal for reach or at least go near the tower. And Kanazawa also had something important like Chi with her journal, so sweet.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 21, 2017 12:53 AM

Apr 2012
Peri_ said:
Draconix814 said:
Yeah, credits say Ishida Akira, that's him.
EratiKOct 21, 2017 12:59 AM
Oct 21, 2017 2:13 AM

Feb 2016
What is this face trying to say?

Oct 21, 2017 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh another great episode. Nice to meet you, Kanazawa-san. Bye, Kanazawa-san. Haha. Glad they met a really nice person, I thought he's gonna be a bad guy, glad I was wrong. I literally screamed when his bag fell. Jeez. I hope he'll be safe in his journey alone.

Poor Chito has an acrophobia. Poor baby.

Loved this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 21, 2017 4:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An city thats empty of its people now that will be eerie to see. To think that apart from the two girls that there are other people that still live in this world though. Blowing up a building to use a makeshift bridge was an interesting method. Well thanks to their teamwork they managed to get on to the makeshift bridge eventually. Their way of refueling sure is smart though. Kanazawa's maps sure are proving useful though. That tower though sure is pretty large and tall though. The sight of the city from the air must be pretty impressive. So to survive the girls have to keep going up to level in order to find food and fuel. Damm to think that the elevator would actually tilt and cause Kanazawa to lose all his maps though. Kinda amazed that the generators that power the street lights are still active though. While its sad that he lost his maps its nice that Kanazawa in the end managed to regain hope. An interesting episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 4:52 AM

Sep 2015
Peri_ said:
Draconix814 said:

Wow, thank you! That makes so much sense. My mind is blown!
Oct 21, 2017 7:54 AM

Feb 2016
Nordhammer said:
HereticHunter said:

Think of Girls's Last Tour as K-On! with a depressing setting.
No murder,no bloody mayhem,no rape,no treachery;nothing of the sort happens in Girls's Last Tour.- just think K-On! with a depressing setting.

That's what I meant with "I Understand now why I can't enjoy this"

btw, K-on is the worst example you could have come up with.
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
Kzalca said:
HereticHunter said:
so, what happened to "Civilization being dead" in the synopsis? was that man an illusion? this just rises more questions than answers. I'm giving this anime one more episode until I decide what to do with it.

Civilization is just the stage of human social development and organization that is considered most advanced. Basically its just the culture,society and the way of life of some place.

so vanishing like an illusion was a comic relief?

Thanks for the information, I guess I got some concepts wrong
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2017 8:35 AM

Sep 2017
Wow, this anime is incredible. I absolutely love the atmosphere. The world building and character interactions are keeping me very interested.

I was never sure how to feel about Kanazawa; I thought he may have had ulterior motives given that this is a post apocalyptic world. Part of me thought he was just going to fall out of the elevator after his maps, or that he was going to simply jump once they reached the top.

Well, I'm definitely hooked.
Oct 21, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
HereticHunter said:
Kzalca said:

so vanishing like an illusion was a comic relief?

Thanks for the information, I guess I got some concepts wrong

Oh! So that's where you got the idea!
I'm not sure I'm right but you're referring to the animation right?
Not a lot of people would think that but they just used that effect (fade in fade out) to show time passing.
Also helps a lot in making the animation process quicker!

And yeah, no problem! Happy to help someone ^_^
Oct 21, 2017 11:23 AM

Jul 2009
So there's other people alive too! I wonder if they will find a place where most humans are in that place full of lights
Oct 21, 2017 1:15 PM
Mar 2016
Wtf, they found another survivor , but instead sticking with each other in the end they went their separate ways....how stupid can this get?
Oct 21, 2017 2:37 PM

May 2015
Solid episode. The show is still going strong.

Poor Kanazawa. I felt sorry for the guy DX.

Oct 21, 2017 3:42 PM

Jul 2017
Was just wondering, how did he keep that camera operational and how do the girls intend to use it? It looks like an analogue camera which will be really hard to get any prints from with no use of technology :p Just a thought though. However we do see the same camera in the ending credits getting smashed up or broken accidentally which is a good sign of what's to come!
Oct 21, 2017 4:51 PM
Jun 2016
I honestly, hated the direction this episode takes this show in. It's a generic slice of life trope to just introduce a new character whenever things get boring, and it would have been great if they could subvert that, and instead use quality writing to keep things interesting.

Also, the show would lend itself to a greater existential commentary if it was just Chito and Yuri. Having this guy show up completely detracts from what could have been a full application of the setting.

I really wish they kept the cast down to Chito and Yuri. And I mean REALLY wish.
Oct 21, 2017 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, no! Kanazawa's maps! That sucks. Must be kind of lonely being by yourself in that world, too.

I had no idea there were other survivors out there. Wonder if they'll ever meet up with Kanazawa ever again.
Oct 22, 2017 1:12 AM

Nov 2016
Tenderizer17 said:
I honestly, hated the direction this episode takes this show in. It's a generic slice of life trope to just introduce a new character whenever things get boring, and it would have been great if they could subvert that, and instead use quality writing to keep things interesting.

Also, the show would lend itself to a greater existential commentary if it was just Chito and Yuri. Having this guy show up completely detracts from what could have been a full application of the setting.

I really wish they kept the cast down to Chito and Yuri. And I mean REALLY wish.

I don't know, I thought it was okay. It's not like he's a permanent or recurring character (at least not recurring from what I've seen in the manga so far). Chito and Yuri have such strongly established characters that certain concepts and philosophies can't be examined without a different persona being introduced. By having a new character show up and upset the formula, the show gets to start a conversation that the girls may not have had or been able to have if it were just them. Shaking things up every now and then isn't always bad.

Granted, there are a couple problems like you said. Having other people show up occasionally does detract from the the vast emptiness of the setting, weakening the ambiance established in the last couple episodes. Also, Chito and Yuri are such strongly written characters that the writing of anyone else that shows up pales in comparison. Considering that, your criticism is certainly warranted.
Oct 22, 2017 1:51 AM
Jun 2016
Jacob_Chimera said:
Granted, there are a couple problems like you said. Having other people show up occasionally does detract from the the vast emptiness of the setting, weakening the ambiance established in the last couple episodes. Also, Chito and Yuri are such strongly written characters that the writing of anyone else that shows up pales in comparison. Considering that, your criticism is certainly warranted.
My main issue, is that it is in itself an existential commentary to have the characters as the only people in the world. I honestly thought this show was going in that direction and it would have been amazing if it did. A large part of how people value themselves is by their influence on others, and it'd be incredibly interesting if we could observe what would happen if that was restricted to two people in irrefutable isolation.
Oct 22, 2017 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
glad to see another character

this would've been perfect to binge watch but i'm already hooked lol can't wait for new episode
Oct 22, 2017 7:46 AM

Dec 2012
Am I the only one who thought about the whole repopulating of the planet issue as soon as a male character was introduced? It's kinda nasty to think of it but in a realistic setting, if these girls actually found a small group of other people, it would be odd not to consider that as a possible development (of course not going to happen given the tone of the show).

Also found it silly how despite having so few people around, they just part ways with him. Normally he would have joined the party like wtf are you gonna do alone over there map guy? lmao.

I know this is just a SoL-healing-whatever anime, but given the setting, some decisions and behaviors just don't make sense.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 22, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
so people are there in this world but what happened in this world so curious
Oct 22, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
As someone who also cant handle highs all that well this episode was intense.
It has a really nice vibe to it, I love the post war setting. Normal SoL anime dont give me that, but this reminds me of soranowoto. I wonder if there will be some kind of plot. It feels like a mix of mady in abyss and blame, minus any destination.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 22, 2017 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
Demolition of building... conspiracy confirmed.

I'm surprised that blonde girl got some development. Wasn't really expecting much.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 22, 2017 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
Yuu had that gun ready quick. I'm glad the guy didn't turn out to be hostile in any way.

Literally building a bridge.
I guess they do have to refuel from time to time.
Why isn't there a chain link fence? Waste of materials I guess.
I'm surprised the upper levels haven't fallen down already.
Oct 23, 2017 1:50 AM

May 2016
After finding last weeks episode a bit boring I was starting to question if this series is for me. I felt that there wasn't any sense of plot and I felt that there's only so much interactions that Chito & Yuuri could have before the series gets repetitive and boring.

This episode may have just saved this series for me. THERE'S ANOTHER CHARACTER!!!! Fantastic! This episode was intense at times. From the building falling down to the elevator, this episode provided me with a sense of danger; I actually thought Kanazawa was going to die when he lunged for his maps.

If the remaining episodes can be more like this, then I'll probably end up liking this series.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 23, 2017 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
Well, that was one heck of a start, THEY FOUND AN ACTUAL LIVING PERSON. But even more than that, HE SEEMED PRETTY NICE. I knew they'd meet someone eventually, but I was worried about the kind of person they would meet, in a world like this, the crazy ones usually take over, and on top of that, I have no idea how this anime plans to move forward. It really worries me.

Also yeah, that elevator sucked. I want them to take lots of pictures.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 23, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
A survivor. An eccentric.

I bet the encounter improved the duo's morale, if only a bit. As always, Yuuri's intentions were obvious, although even she started warming up to the mysterious stranger surprisingly quickly. Intriguing.

A trip to a higher level of the derelict settlement was enough to make my acrophobia act up...
Oct 23, 2017 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
Oh look! who would have though that this show only had 2 girsl?
Good thing the dude with lots of Maps helped the 2 cross the bridge.
OST is quite something on the part where they are travelling going to the big tower!
4/5.

Oct 23, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2016
I'll be honest, prior to this episode I was kinda on the fence about the series. For whatever reason, it just wasn't clicking with me, and Yuuri sometimes pushed the wrong buttons for me. This episode is the one that got me on board. I don't think it's the best thing ever, but I will almost certainly keep up with it.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2016
I love how they look for real reasons to live in that world destroyed by war. For a moment I thought that another character comes into action in the adventure of our two little girl protagonists.

5/5

The rise to the higher level continues, what does the future hold?
Oct 24, 2017 2:33 AM

May 2010
Made in Abyss vibes were so intense there, gah I love this show. 10/10 already.
Oct 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Mar 2017
That elevator tilting scared the hell out of me. Hello acrophobia :/

It was strange how it cut to them just being at the top, with no explanation of how they fixed it. It felt very convenient/unrealistic, but I guess they can only fit so much into 20mins.

Otherwise a great episode. Can't wait for more xD
Oct 24, 2017 4:54 AM
Apr 2017
Didn't expect they would met a third person, its good that Kanazawa did not follow them after they reach the upper floor, because it would break the chemistry.
Respect to Kanazawa too. In the forever lonely world, he finally met someone else, and although he lost his meaning of life(maps) he didn't desperate to follow the duo.

Would there be more people alive at the brighter side???
Oct 24, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
What a nice young lad.
Oct 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2014
man, I'm going to cry once this sbow is over.
even if there'd be nothing sad happening (well, except the fact that people these days can't appreciate SoL + girls that's why there would probably no season 2)
Oct 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
I really wanted that guy to stay with them, it would make their adventure even better.
I'm actually very admired that there are so few people, i thought they weren't so rare.
Really interested to see what is that light.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 24, 2017 10:21 PM
Dec 2013
I really like the world building via scenic shots of the destroyed metropolis landscape.
Oct 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
The acting is enjoyable af, esp. Yuuri's
More dynamic and ambitious compared to the previous weeks and it does work
Oct 26, 2017 10:53 PM

Mar 2016
The world feels a lot like this webcomic called "Gone With the Blastwave", although this anime is much more subdued. I love it so far. Sad to see Kanazawa go but then again the dynamic between Yuuri and Chito is too damn good; another person would defs ruin the vibe.
Oct 27, 2017 12:02 AM

Nov 2010

I love this girl, makes me smile all the time.
Oct 28, 2017 5:56 AM
Aug 2017
Tenderizer17 said:
Jacob_Chimera said:
My main issue, is that it is in itself an existential commentary to have the characters as the only people in the world. I honestly thought this show was going in that direction and it would have been amazing if it did. A large part of how people value themselves is by their influence on others, and it'd be incredibly interesting if we could observe what would happen if that was restricted to two people in irrefutable isolation.

I think you misunderstood because of the synopsis. This is a post-apocalypse world and there would be other humans beside Yuuri and Chito. It is just the world is too vast and the human's population is pretty small so it is rare for them to meet other people. But the girls will definitely meet others on their journey though.
Oct 28, 2017 5:56 AM

Sep 2011
This will stay peaceful 'till the end right? :/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Oct 2, 2017

254 by kyuubeesh »»
Apr 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

234 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 29, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.