Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 17, 2017 11:39 PM

Aug 2011
Drop. Cant stand to watch this show. Black Clover was a mistake
Oct 17, 2017 11:50 PM

May 2015

^This pretty sums up my thoughts on the series so far.

Oct 17, 2017 11:52 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm training montage and travel montage...They made a fucking episode of that LMAO
Oct 18, 2017 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
the pacing of the anime is on the slow side, however i didn't mind it all that much.
but surely i would love for this series to start pick up the pace otherwise people who know about this series from anime will start dropping it.
but man, clover kingdom really a discriminating country to a point where a kid as small as nash can't even think about dreaming.
Oct 18, 2017 12:42 AM

Oct 2011
First time I see an anime taking 4 episodes to finish chapter 1 of a manga... or mmaybe 5 depending on the pacing of the next episode

Oct 18, 2017 1:24 AM

Aug 2017
@uzee Studio Pierrot
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Oct 18, 2017 2:17 AM

Jun 2016
Despite Asta's seiyuu screaming, I really loved and enjoyed this episode. Finally some developments in the plot happened (I might be wrong since I haven't read the manga, so it might be a filler). And, as always, Yuno is so handsome. Ugh. I'm holding onto this for Yuno, tbh. Haha jk. Naaaaah.

Their 'Father' is gonna miss them, though, and he doesn't want Asta to go, Yuno can go. Haha.

I love Asta really because of his shenanigans, but his seiyuu is ruining him for me, but heck I'll get used to his voice in no time.

Ganbatte, Yuno and Asta!

This is by far my fave Black Clover episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 18, 2017 5:02 AM

Mar 2016
It wasn't good or bad... But somethings lacking... I really don't know what is it. rip
3.5 to 4/5 Just like I said!
Current total episode score is on 6.9 to 7.2 for me. too bad :( going to read the manga.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 18, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2013
Sad I won't get to see Sister Lily again T_T
Her rejections hits hard ;_;

I'd liked to see the hug session when they were departing but oh well.
Oct 18, 2017 8:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The first magic kind sure was a badass though in managing to take down such a powerful monster by himself. I can see why its every kids dream to become either a magic king or a magic knight. But im surprised that Asta's grimore was one that made use of physical strength rather than magic. So those two jerks as a result of almost being killed decided not to be mages anymore. Your origins shouldn't be something that restrains you from your dreams. No one really thinks that Asta will be able to pass the exam eh. That sure is a lot of tatos they have for the last meal though. In a way i guess both Yuno and Asta find strength from each other and developed from there. Their journey to the capital sure was anything but uneventful though. But they finally made it to the capital where their next test awaits.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2012
Another slow episode for whatever reason with Asta back at screaming and really not impressed about the animation, thought that it would be really good thing for sure. The next time the exam should start (for sure).
Oct 18, 2017 9:05 AM
May 2017
To people complaining about the VA, just turn the volume down whenever Asta speaks. Simple.
And who cares if this show is cliche, a lot of anime out there are copy of each other( not that is bad or anything ), it all comes down to how a they use the cliche to be entertaining. That just my opinion
Oct 18, 2017 9:22 AM
Apr 2016
Edylson said:
To people complaining about the VA, just turn the volume down whenever Asta speaks. Simple.
And who cares if this show is cliche, a lot of anime out there are copy of each other( not that is bad or anything ), it all comes down to how a they use the cliche to be entertaining. That just my opinion

I don't mind a show being cliche as long as it's entertaining overall, as you've said as well.

However, if many people complain about a character's voice, and it's to the point that someone like you says that all they have to do is turn the volume down each time that character speaks, then that's already a flaw of the series, and a bigger one if it's the main character. People really shouldn't have to feel the need in doing that.
Oct 18, 2017 11:23 AM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Why am I still here? Why has Asta's voice not driven me away yet? It must be because of how high-school-hot Yuno is....

Oct 18, 2017 12:15 PM
Mar 2016
Hummm Tower wizard might have that feeling that Asta is a reincarnation of the demon king and that big sword is probably a remnant of the one used on the previous demon king. Could it be that the Gilmore that Asta has is the soul of the demon king?
Oct 18, 2017 3:47 PM
May 2012
asta sounds like he's gargling mouthwash
Oct 18, 2017 4:01 PM

Jul 2007
For me, downhill fast.

I think I will give this one more episode to see if there is actually any story to bother putting up with that damn screechy voice of an idiot.
Oct 18, 2017 6:00 PM

Jan 2014
He should really tone down on the yelling. His voice is so annoying when he yells. When he talks it's semi-tolerable.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 18, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
MAAADA MADDAAAAAAAAAA were gonna need a mada mada counter for Asta also for "i'm gonna become the wizard king!"

i'm dreading at the thought i'm gonna have to listen to this high tensiond voice for 40+ more episodes

will say the one thing i like about him is his sword reminds me of a rusted moonlight great sword
Oct 18, 2017 7:26 PM
Oct 2013
So much exposition... It really is the worst paced anime I have seen this season.
Also while the demon fight looked cool they screwed up its powers so badly that we might as well have been watching Dragon Ball Z for that beam shit.

If episode 3 is a filler episode which does nothing to move forward the main characters on their journey then this anime is just going to end up in the trash heap with a ton of other canceled anime.

I hated this episode so much because it focused on an aspect of Asta and Yuno that we already understood from the first episode. We dont need an episode to jackhammer it into our heads that Asta and Yuno are rivals but still friends with one another. It also focuses on their home life which we dont care about either. If the anime was going to spend more time at their orphanage it would make sense but spending so much time at a place where they will not be coming back to for the majority of the series makes no sense. It is just a waste of time and slows down the story even more.

I will watch this series till the end but I dont expect that many people will enjoy it considering how badly the producers have been handling the adaptation.
Edit: No I will not fucking watch 51 episodes of this shit.
Oct 18, 2017 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
My favorite part of this episode was when they were leaving to go to the capital you could literally see it from where they were and then it took them like two weeks to get there.

Oct 18, 2017 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
I like some sort of filler and I get it, seeing the character doing his training is important, but couldn't you show that in episode 5-10? I finally want to see something here, like the damn capital, and get an idea of the plot, more than the first chapters I have read. That pacing is weird.

The short adventure was cute and the family too (no, old priest, you can't replace Shiro from Ao no Exorcist, even if you look similar xD), but Asta is still annoying and his voice has still the pitch of a crow. I swear, everytime when I'm hearing the highest peak of his voice, I twitch a little bit. XD

That anime feels like starting a new Pokemon game. You know, it took you forever, especially in Sun and Moon, to leave that damn village to get in a "city". But before you did that, you were walking through the grass and train a little bit. That's how the episode feels like. So, Asta got... his starter now. Do finally something with it! :'D
removed-userOct 18, 2017 8:25 PM
Oct 18, 2017 9:39 PM

Apr 2016
Asta's Screaming is so annoying,and if the story pacing doesn't improves in next few episodes im done with this anime..
Oct 18, 2017 10:00 PM
Oct 2017
PhantomAssasin said:
Asta's Screaming is so annoying,and if the story pacing doesn't improves in next few episodes im done with this anime..

I wrotte a summary about the manga.

Also, I suggest you to stockpile the episodes up then watch them at once. I do the same with other shonens like One Piece, where the pacing is even more horrible. You shall until watch other animes that you missed from the summer.
Oct 18, 2017 10:02 PM
Oct 2017
VW_guy said:
For me, downhill fast.

I think I will give this one more episode to see if there is actually any story to bother putting up with that damn screechy voice of an idiot.

Wrotte a summary from the manga.

It is still the "Introduction arc", the story with massive foreshadowings started in chapter 9 in the manga.
Oct 18, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
Reiwoods said:
PhantomAssasin said:

I wrotte a summary about the manga.

Also, I suggest you to stockpile the episodes up then watch them at once. I do the same with other shonens like One Piece, where the pacing is even more horrible. You shall until watch other animes that you missed from the summer.

If you say so, ill stick with it a little bit longer! Tks
Oct 19, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
Unless this is at least 2-cour, this anime is gonna really suck. The pacing's terrible if it's 1-cour. Not really enjoying it so far...
Oct 19, 2017 4:12 PM

Feb 2017
The animation in the beginning was a bit weird compare to the other episodes and the rest of the episode. So they're finally leaving. I can't wait to see more characters. The guy with the yellow-and-blue mask looks intriguing. Wonder if he's going to be a rival for Asta.

4/5
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 19, 2017 6:58 PM
Dec 2016
I love the manga, but the pacing is terribly slow for a fast paced show such as this. Plus they haven't even introduced Yami yet.
Oct 20, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
Railtracks said:
Unless this is at least 2-cour, this anime is gonna really suck. The pacing's terrible if it's 1-cour. Not really enjoying it so far...

it's gonna be at least 51 episode...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2017 7:30 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I think my favorite part about this show is Asta asking Lily to marry him every 5 minutes. Lily is really attractive. I also like the message of anyone can be anything. I've always been a bit of a sucker for underdog stories.

So far this is just ok. Nothing too special at the moment, it's been a little boring in fact. But I'm still interested on seeing where this goes.
Oct 20, 2017 1:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
funny the way to the castle!!!
Oct 20, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2008
I actully like it. The pacing is fine. Its just that the one week wait is annoying because a show like this usually takes a season or 10-15 episodes to get up on its feets.
Oct 20, 2017 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
I think I get used to Asta's voice. It still is noticeable but doesn't hurt my ears so much as in previous episodes.

Animation got a little worse I suppose. One thing I noticed a lot were awful necks of characters. It got my attention for some reason.

Putting that aside I liked the episode. Asta and Yuno are real rivals now. From the last episode I expected that reason for Yuno development was looking up to Asta. I don't get it why so many people expect Asta to fail.

I'm starting to like this series. 4/5 episode.
Oct 20, 2017 4:26 PM

Jun 2013
just lower your voice god dammit
Oct 20, 2017 5:06 PM
Jun 2012

They should have used this style for whole series. It fits better the silliness of it all.
Oct 21, 2017 1:18 AM

Oct 2015
Looked like we are getting to the interesting part next episode :O can't wait to see the exam arc get animated.
Oct 21, 2017 1:25 AM
Feb 2009
worst yet,
dropped my rating to 4
Oct 21, 2017 2:42 AM
Feb 2009
If they were a little quicker on episode 1, and as a result, finished the fight in the first episode => we could have started episode 2 with the "farewell and travel" (for 3 minutes) and then going straight to the Magic Knights Entrance exam.

It's not like the "flashback" of episode 2 was useful and the fight at the beginning of this episode was lame.

So, yeah, roughly 2 "useless" episode out of 3 :)
Oct 21, 2017 3:38 AM

Apr 2017
It's kinda boring, but if it's true that this is going to have 51 episodes, I'm gonna watch until episode 15 or so and if it turns bad I'm gonna drop it.
Oct 21, 2017 4:37 AM

Mar 2017
Enjoying it so far, but getting a little tired of the underdog cliche that they are forcing down our throats
Inuyashiki is the Best Mecha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 21, 2017 6:23 AM
Oct 2014
Well, he says he wants to do it
Oct 21, 2017 8:07 AM
Feb 2009
lKrayola said:
Well, he says he wants to do it

the only good part in this ep
pretty funny
Oct 22, 2017 10:24 AM
Dec 2015
A comment about yelling...

At first I wasn't bothered by the yells, but on the third episode, I think I am starting to understand. It's not just about him yelling a lot, its about yelling when its not needed. At the end of normal sentences. This fault does not lie on the whole on the voice actor though, but also on the director of the series, who okay-ed all of this. I think that this series would benefit greatly from an occasional "Yosh" or "Haaa" or any other variation of screaming. I think however now that our feedback has been given it will take a couple of episodes before it gets implemented.

Oct 22, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2015
This anime is full of cliches but I really like the character design. I hope Asta can stop screaming every 5 seconds as the story goes on.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Oct 22, 2017 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
The next arc looks really nice, i hope that Asta will become strong because i don't want to end this anime while he is still weak, i want him to learn how to use his abilities.
Looking forward to this tournament arc.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 2017
is it me or does the pace of this anime seem a bit odd?
they are already at the exam thingy but I dont feel like much has happened
Oct 23, 2017 10:30 AM
Oct 2017
bibi-fan said:
A comment about yelling...

At first I wasn't bothered by the yells, but on the third episode, I think I am starting to understand. It's not just about him yelling a lot, its about yelling when its not needed. At the end of normal sentences. This fault does not lie on the whole on the voice actor though, but also on the director of the series, who okay-ed all of this. I think that this series would benefit greatly from an occasional "Yosh" or "Haaa" or any other variation of screaming. I think however now that our feedback has been given it will take a couple of episodes before it gets implemented.

honestly! It gets annoying when he screams for no reason at all! it would be better if his screaming could be controlled, I would still feel his determination
Oct 24, 2017 3:48 AM
Aug 2017
God. Another boring filler.
Oct 24, 2017 3:49 AM
Aug 2017
devtails said:
is it me or does the pace of this anime seem a bit odd?
they are already at the exam thingy but I dont feel like much has happened

This episode is a filler so the pacing would be odd.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.