Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 20, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, finally another character showing up besides the main girls in their journey.

Similar to the previous episodes, I love the atmospheric feel of this one with elements of the music. Some of the places they encounter on the way reminds me of Fallout 4. Seems Chito has some height anxiety. I actually found that kinda cute lol. Too bad the guy had to lose all his work but at least he didn't fall to his death. Another good episode :D

Stark700Oct 20, 2017 7:42 AM
Oct 20, 2017 5:58 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Nice episode, another survivor. The scenery is nice. So far they are keeping us hooked.

Oct 20, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
Things got tense when the two girls found the cigarette. They were lucky he wasn't hostile otherwise they'd be dead by now..You shouldn't casually stroll on a road where you could get sniped by every single window lol. This reminded me of how they used the tank's light during the night, while moving around.
They aren't paying attention at all to not get killed by hostiles. I don't know if it's intended, since it's two young civilian girls that don't even know about chocolate; or it's just not that type of series (adventure with survival elements). I hope it's the first; but doesn't matter if it's the second. I'm not really looking for action from this anime.

I felt bad for the guy when he lost the maps; but when he said that they are going to die anyway, made me think of how hopeless people in this world are. Watching the two girls enjoying their adventure, made me forget about what others might think about their current situation.
AnathorOct 20, 2017 7:28 AM
Oct 20, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Looks like our duo met another person, glad he was friendly guy. I took a liking to Kanazawa.
It was fun watching Chito drive the tank up the rubble.

The elevator scene with them going up as the sun sets was stunning, I loved it.
Felt really sad for Kanazawa when he lost maps but it was nice of Yuuri to cheer him up at the end saying life's not over.

The streetlights are beautiful indeed. :)

@Anathor, I think it's more along the lines of how Kanazawa mentioned that it's very rare that you'd even meet other people so I'm assuming it's generally safe to travel out in the open. I think they even might be hinting that there are very few people left in the world.
Oct 20, 2017 7:40 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
They found another survivor and they let him ride the Kettenkrad. He's pretty chill and friendly. Too bad he lost the maps he made. :/

I remember from episode 1 that Chito was already afraid of heights specifically during that scene where Chito and Yuuri were playing around on the propeller of a broken plane. I have acrophobia too, and I'd be damn scared to ride on that lift that only has handrails and no chain-link fence for safety. :P

Kanazawa hands them his camera as thanks, and now they head to that distant place where the bright light is. I'm sure they would take a bunch of photos with the new camera they received. ;)

As always, the scenery in this series is spectacularly beautiful. :)
Oct 20, 2017 7:45 AM

Jun 2015
The girls met another survivor. He helped them get across the gorge and to the tower. He also made maps of the places he visited. They had an intense moment on the elevator. He almost died trying to get his maps. It's a shame he lost them. They had a really nice view on top of the tower. He gave them his camera before he left. The streetlights were pretty. I wonder if we'll ever see him again.
Oct 20, 2017 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
So far this is the best episode. So there are still possibilities that people are living somewhere up.

I hope they meet that guy again somewhere in between their journey.Maybe we will meet some more character as the series continues (though after watching the first 2 episodes I never thought that I would see any other person other than the two girls).
Oct 20, 2017 8:33 AM
Sep 2012
Damn, this episode remind me that this isn't your usual iyashikei. I know that already, but I love how they can deliver such tense moment. As expected of anime about post-apocalypse.

I really love the chemistry between Chito and Yuuri, so I was annoyed when Kanazawa joined them. But as time goes on he grew on me. Glad he did, I don't want to be annoyed at any character in the series. I think it's the strongest point of the anime besides the atmosphere and theme surrounding it. Now I'm kinda sad he left, haha. Hoped we can see him again in the future.. Wait, can't he come back down to collect his map? Though it'd be very risky knowing what happened to the elevator.

I liked how the animation when Chito smelled the cigarette, they don't have a nose (design-wise) so they animated her face a bit. And wow, what a stunning scenery! That legit made me cry from how beautiful it was. Those CGI works too well for their chibi style character, I don't know why. It made them looking like a cute little 3D doll xD Also loved the little touch when the title of the episode shook as the building crashed down.

Waiting for their next journey!
Oct 20, 2017 8:37 AM
Aug 2017
Keeps getting better each episode.

Interesting concept how the past generations abandoned the old layers and just built new ones on top, hope they find more people living up there.

Oct 20, 2017 9:06 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another great episode. Was nice to see another person besides Chito and Yuuri. The backgrounds of the areas they encountered were gorgeous and I loved the shots of the city as they were going up in the elevator. Felt bad that the dude lost his maps though.

Very excited for the next episode.
Oct 20, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
It was a matter of time before they encountered another person.

Quite the sad loss for that dude,but life is all about to continue,even after losing almost everything.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Dammit I'm scared of heights as well.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 20, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
LOL the maps totally had a death flag.
This ep felt like 5 minutes, I really liked it but I wish we saw how they fixed the elevator.

Just one thing bothered me, like if I was alone in the world and found someone, I'd want to stick with them. I mean, who knows when they are going to find someone else.
Of course if the person doesn't want you around or is insane that would be hard, but that was not the case (okay maybe Yuu is kinda insane).

Mybe they'll meet again, who knows...
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 20, 2017 9:30 AM
Nov 2016
This show is a masterpiece ~ I didn't expect that there is a survivor omg,, and the music was great
Oct 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Sep 2016
my eyes aren't worthy of those backgrounds
Oct 20, 2017 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
Yet another great episode.

Btw, ED animation is brilliant.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 20, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm, interesting to see that Chito and Yuuri aren't the only survivors after all, but if people really are so few and far between in this world it seems strange that Kanazawa wouldn't want to stick with them. Sure, he's got his maps and stuff, but how much does that really matter when he may goes months, maybe even years, before seeing another person to show his handiwork to. Besides, it's not as if it really matters what you map out in the apocalypse anyway, so might as well stick with other people. Still, this was a great episode despite this, and I'm interested to see what the source of all that light actually is.
Oct 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
There are other people and it's been atleast a century since the place became like that.
Kanazawa the map maker, they help each other and they arrive at a higher level.
Oct 20, 2017 11:34 AM

May 2015
I was not expecting to like this show as much as I have so far. This is definitely a sleeper hit this season.

Oct 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see another survivor, and he was pretty cool on that. You never know what kind of desperate people you'd meet.
Oct 20, 2017 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
This show is really growing on me. I love the air of mystery surrounding the ruins the imagery and sound production are great. Roll on next week.
Oct 20, 2017 11:44 AM

Sep 2017
Great episode.

Finally, they found another person besides them. I think that the point of this chapter was to say that there is no such thing as a "reason" to live, but rather a few beautiful moments that make life worth living despite the hardships. Like Yuuri said, even in their world, even after losing Kanazawa's maps, there are still pretty landscapes.

However, I don't really know how to interpret Kanazawa's last words and actions in the episode. Was he pondering how long he could hold on without a bike like the girls or looking forward to explore as much as he could? Also, he said he wants to make a new map but he gave to the girls the camera he most likely used to get reference pictures. I really don't know if this is a happy new beginning for him or if he has just given up for good, leaving the task of documenting the world to the girls.
Oct 20, 2017 12:00 PM

Oct 2010
nDroae said:
If I were [Kanazawa], I'd make copies upon copies and stash them all over the cityscape.

Anathor said:
They aren't paying attention at all to not get killed by hostiles. I don't know if it's intended, since it's two young civilian girls that don't even know about chocolate; or it's just not that type of series (adventure with survival elements). I hope it's the first; but doesn't matter if it's the second. I'm not really looking for action from this anime.

RCRDC said:
Interesting concept how the past generations abandoned the old layers and just built new ones on top, hope they find more people living up there.

Well, the levels themselves were built by the original ultra-advanced civilization. The more recent society couldn't even figure out how to use the elevators in the towers, let alone build the towers. :)
Oct 20, 2017 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder why we don't see a lot of rats, spiders and insects and something. They always survive somehow. XD
And I wonder what exactly happened with this world.

Good that they found another human. ^^ Maybe they will find a civilisation too in the next episode. The tower was built like one century ago. So, if they are still very young people in the world, there must be a population left.

nDroae said:

removed-userOct 20, 2017 12:08 PM
Oct 20, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
The girls finally meet another person, Kanazawa. I feel bad for him when he lost his maps.

Oct 20, 2017 12:10 PM
Jun 2016
I kinda want to know about this world and how it works, is this post apocalyptic, or as this episode hints, just they were in a older part of the world no one was.
Oct 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
an introspective episode at last. it was handled fairly briefly with the introduction of a new character.

it's ironic in a way cus it seems like that guy's only purpose was to provide commentary on the meaning of living. so you can say, his only purpose of life within the show was to address "the purpose of life."
Oct 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
They've finally met another person at last! Kanazawa's usage of the bombs on a random tall building was a great way of making a make-shift bridge between the massive gorge. Still, it must've took the three of them hours to battle their way up the rubble as well as giving the Kettenkrad a little heave-ho to help it reach the top.

It was unfortunate for Kanazawa to lose his precious maps after the elevator tilted during their journey to the top, but Chito and Yuuri saved him from certain death. At least he was able to get his mojo back, gave the two his camera and vowed to start his map drawing from scratch again. Maybe we'll see him again in the future I hope. =)

Great episode overall. =D
Oct 20, 2017 1:13 PM

Dec 2014
[/spoiler]

Healing anime.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Iyashikei
flo7Oct 20, 2017 1:17 PM
Oct 20, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2012
"Are you the devil?" I'm starting to like Yuuri, with Chito they make the perfect team.

Depressed cartographer was depressing but he rebounded well. Everyone is a survivor here.

Chito and Yuuri dusting each other after the explosion, cute.

♪ owanai owanai owanai owanai ♪
Oct 20, 2017 1:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is super impressive.

I was quite shocked to see someone else alive and he's a good man, too! The theme of ''is it worth living in this world?'' was great and it came to a great conclusion with the streetlights scene, got goosebumps. I really hope we see this man again.

I wanna know more about this world, i really wonder what's going on in the light.
Oct 20, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
A fb page suggested my this show and i trusted him.

So far is very interesting and the duo is pretty cute, though, it makes me wonder how they can be so cool about the fact that the world has been destroyed and there are few people alive. lul
Oct 20, 2017 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
I love this show!! The sequence of events seemed a little unrealistic, with those wild coincidences, but it's packed with so much emotion and care that I can't help but enjoy it.
Oct 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Oct 2010
Coping/numbing effects can be quite powerful :D

Maneki-Mew said:
Good that they found another human. ^^ Maybe they will find a civilisation too in the next episode. The tower was built like one century ago. So, if they are still very young people in the world, there must be a population left.

The strapped-on elevator was added to the tower a century ago, but the towers/levels themselves are much older - centuries, millennia? The people the girls remember in the opening episode's flashback were apparently some of the last remnants of the recent, lesser civilization that built the elevator, still fighting each other decades after that civilization mostly wiped itself out.
Oct 20, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2016
That was lucky for them to meet someone nice in a world like that.

Feel sorry for Kanazawa, he would have put in so much effort to make those maps only to lose them like that.

Thankfully the girls were able to cheer him up and I wish him all the best on his journey.
Oct 20, 2017 2:05 PM
Nov 2016
I really like this show. The art is very good and the atmosphere is well presented.

Another character showed up which was kinda cool. There were some funny moments too.

For some reason, this show reminds me of the manga Yokohama Shopping Log, maybe because the camera presented by Kanazawa worked almost the way the cameras in that manga worked.
Oct 20, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
Ever since Yuuri pointed her gun at Chito in the first ep I keep expecting more " dark" stuff to happen so I was quite cautious of Kanazawa. Sort of hoping more does happen otherwise it might end up slightly ruining the experience for me.

Also really glad this gets to replace Made in Abyss for my Saturday morning

Oct 20, 2017 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
I wonder why we don't see a lot of rats, spiders and insects and something. They always survive somehow. XD
And I wonder what exactly happened with this world.

Considering the weapons of war scatter around, I’d expect some kind of nerve agent took them out. All that was left was the larger animals that could tolerate it, then they were probably killed for food.

I’m assuming nuclear as well, because Japan and nuclear bombs. I bet there will be something about the characters have a high tolerance for radiation at some point, unless there was in the past ep that I missed. Considering they broke a coolant pipe for a power station and bathed in the water. Any other fuel source would have ran out by now. They must be extremely irradiated. All food their eating irradiated. Would explain why it wasn’t eaten. I wouldn’t be surprised if they died at the end of the anime.
Oct 20, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2017
I just wonder if these girls are lesbians. First man(decent) they come across, and they don’t ask him to join the group? Could have been that he was ugly, but honestly, with so few humans left, I don’t see that being a very big negative.

They gotta start popping out babies pretty soon before they become too irradiated to conceive. Maybe they’re sterile to begin with. That could be why they are on this journey. Part of a larger group, then kicked out since they couldn’t spare the resources on people that cannot further the human race.

Still, don’t they have needs? Lesbians.
Oct 20, 2017 3:40 PM
Jul 2017
As much as I like the scenery and the ideas being explored, I think the real standout element of this show is the music. From the opening theme on, it's just a fantastic soundtrack.
Oct 20, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2016
so, what happened to "Civilization being dead" in the synopsis? was that man an illusion? this just rises more questions than answers. I'm giving this anime one more episode until I decide what to do with it.

Also, this anime is so lighthearted for the "Post apocalyptic" setting, it doesn't make any sense, we are having 2 girls being extremely careless by being playful with each other which could lead to a certain death, (for example when Yuuri hits her partner almost causing her to drive off the cliff...) I'm not really sure what others see on this anime, but I just don't know how I should take this anime... pretty sure it doesn't want to be taken seriously
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 20, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
Shina_Hoshi said:
I was annoyed when Kanazawa joined them. But as time goes on he grew on me. [...] Now I'm kinda sad he left, haha. Hoped we can see him again in the future..

these are my exact thoughts XD i love their dynamic so when they met this guy i was like "UGH, here we go..." but he ended up being a nice guy.

ngl, considering the kind of show this is i was legit half expecting him to commit suicide when he lost his map. glad it didn't go that route though, and yuu was so sweet cheering him up... ;; it was a nice reminder that intelligence isn't everything. simple people have simple outlooks on life and that can be a very good thing as seen here! i bet she helps a lot with not leting chito overthink things/get stuck in her own head.

on another note, i'm glad we got more lore! ^.^ i'm trying not to get my hopes up considering 1) the genre of this show and 2) the fact that the manga is on-going, but i would like to see some concrete answers by the end of the show~ or at the very least, that the manga has a solid ending and definite answers since i'll start to follow it when this finishes airing
Oct 20, 2017 5:48 PM

Apr 2013
Honestly did not expect these girls to ever find another person in this series lol

Another refreshing episode. I just love their interactions and expressive faces haha.

Oct 20, 2017 6:13 PM

Sep 2015
Who is Kanazawa's voice actor? I have definitely heard his voice before.
Oct 20, 2017 6:15 PM

Sep 2015
Username23489023 said:
I just wonder if these girls are lesbians. First man(decent) they come across, and they don’t ask him to join the group? Could have been that he was ugly, but honestly, with so few humans left, I don’t see that being a very big negative.

They gotta start popping out babies pretty soon before they become too irradiated to conceive. Maybe they’re sterile to begin with. That could be why they are on this journey. Part of a larger group, then kicked out since they couldn’t spare the resources on people that cannot further the human race.

Still, don’t they have needs? Lesbians.

Yuri bait. Get used to it.
Oct 20, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2014
This actually like a Blame's continuation.

This seems like it is just right after Blame's timeline. Now these girsl are among the people that left on the factory build by A.I layer from layer since human golden era.
Oct 20, 2017 6:48 PM

Oct 2017
HereticHunter said:

Also, this anime is so lighthearted for the "Post apocalyptic" setting, it doesn't make any sense, we are having 2 girls being extremely careless by being playful with each other which could lead to a certain death, (for example when Yuuri hits her partner almost causing her to drive off the cliff...) I'm not really sure what others see on this anime, but I just don't know how I should take this anime... pretty sure it doesn't want to be taken seriously

You have to look at it through a nihilistic lens. They’re going to die anyway, does it matter how? If she did drive off the ledge, and they both died, they would no longer have to worry about survival. No longer suffer. Would she really shoot her for a cookie? Yes, and she knows it, but doesn’t care.
Oct 20, 2017 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
Best anime Fall 2017.

Oct 20, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
Getting giant Mushishi vibes from this. What a great anime this is turning out to be.
Oct 20, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2014
another great episode, it really surprised me that they found another person, im a really worried they could get on a shooting or something.

what could be that place with a lot of light? cant wait for next episode
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

92 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 22, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.