Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 17, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
Asta is fit as hell, they train and then head for the capital.
Oct 17, 2017 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
As a filler, that was excruciating. One would have thought they would have gotten over thise kind of diversionary tactics.
Oct 17, 2017 10:08 AM
Jul 2012
How the hell do you dare to start a series so boring and with fillers....... this is such a big insult for the fans...
Oct 17, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
Grazy_cow said:
How the hell do you dare to start a series so boring and with fillers....... this is such a big insult for the fans...

Pretty funny considering Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood starts out with a filler episode too.
Oct 17, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2015
Starisametaphor said:
Only Studio Pierrot could put fillers in the beginning of a new season of a new show. Sigh.

The #1 anime on MAL (which is a remake) 1st episode is filler and also countined to add some anime original content here and there for 13 episodes straight so everybody does it.

I won't be surprised if there is 2 full recap episodes like HxH(2011)

you can always marathon it.
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Oct 17, 2017 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
I've seen so many negative reviews towards this series. Maybe because a lot of people have watched this type of anime many times. For me I really enjoy Black Clover so far. Thanks to different reviews I've been paying more attention to details, such as the story, opening ending songs, the sound in the episode,... Still, I am rooting for more episodes till the end.
Oct 17, 2017 10:30 AM
Sep 2016
Z4k said:
Dark_Flame098 said:
and now it moves way too slow to the point that making the viewer losing interest into the show, like seriously need 3 eps for only intro. the anime need to cover more stuff and not just making the intro longer than it needed,'

The anime will have 51 episodes. It'll cover all the stuff needed so there's no need to rush. If it had something like 12 or 24 episodes like in BnHA where the episodes were dragged without adding anything new then all the complaints about the slow pacing would definitely be valid but here it doesn't. If it really annoys you that much then put the anime on hold and binge watch it when it has more episodes. Nobody is forcing you to watch it weekly.
beside it not like the reader don't know about the 'first mage emperor defeating the demon stuff

There's a difference between being told about that and then seeing it for yourself. I thought it was really cool to see the fight between the demon and the Wizard King.

I actually don't mind this anime so far but the slow pacing at the start of bnha actually worked here it just feels like nothing is happening and i start looking at the timestamp wanting it to end at times, while in bnha they made the events last longer to build them up properly and make them more impactful and rewarding.
Oct 17, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2007
In this episode the screaming was more tolerable. By the way, Asta is training the same way we saw on the first episode. Does he will be questioning how to use his grimoire?
Oct 17, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Allitheweeaboo said:
Z4k said:

The anime will have 51 episodes. It'll cover all the stuff needed so there's no need to rush. If it had something like 12 or 24 episodes like in BnHA where the episodes were dragged without adding anything new then all the complaints about the slow pacing would definitely be valid but here it doesn't. If it really annoys you that much then put the anime on hold and binge watch it when it has more episodes. Nobody is forcing you to watch it weekly.

There's a difference between being told about that and then seeing it for yourself. I thought it was really cool to see the fight between the demon and the Wizard King.

I actually don't mind this anime so far but the slow pacing at the start of bnha actually worked here it just feels like nothing is happening and i start looking at the timestamp wanting it to end at times, while in bnha they made the events last longer to build them up properly and make them more impactful and rewarding.

Different strokes for different folks. For me, the slow pacing in BnHA didn't work and it just enhanced many of the issues I had with the manga like Deku's character which led me to eventually drop the anime and just stick with the manga.
Oct 17, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
It's only the third episode and we're getting fillers.

I can only suspect that we're in for a whole lot more as the series progresses. Personally I think this not a good move by Studio Pierrot.

If the viewing audience is literally split when they have to watch something where manga readers are saying they hate it because its not truly adapted then there will be a sort of rift in the Black Clover Community.

They did it with Sousei no Onmyouji and they're doing it with this only Black Clover isn't getting the same horrible treatment (I can barely read the manga after only watching a few episode of Sousei no Onmyouji btw).

All they had to do was just follow the source material then the only thing we can complain about is if its a good or bad anime because it was a good or bad manga.
Oct 17, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Better than the last two.

I' actually looking forward to Asta and Yuno taking the exam.

Oct 17, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2015
Pretty nice episode, way better than the first two. I guess I'll keep watching more of this series :)
Oct 17, 2017 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
hello_6912 said:
I've seen so many negative reviews towards this series. Maybe because a lot of people have watched this type of anime many times. For me I really enjoy Black Clover so far. Thanks to different reviews I've been paying more attention to details, such as the story, opening ending songs, the sound in the episode,... Still, I am rooting for more episodes till the end.

If you've only seen 9 anime then there is a 100% chance that the next anime you see, no matter how bad it is, will be in your top 10 of all time.
Oct 17, 2017 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, the Father is so cruel for showing Asta that he doesn't believe a tiny bit in him. Good thing that Asta has so much confidence.
Oct 17, 2017 11:21 AM
Sep 2016
Totally only watch this anime for the comments XD
Entertain me peasants!!
I want more chaos dagnabit!!!
1.1.Six
Oct 17, 2017 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
Asta improved, his voice was lot less annoying this time around, too bad the episode itself was nothing but pure filler, I mean the series barely started and already ran out of the plot?
Oct 17, 2017 11:22 AM
Jan 2016
Three episodes in and already a filler episode. Sorry but this was shocking. I can accept filler episodes if the anime is close to the manga, but here? No.
Oct 17, 2017 11:46 AM

May 2009
Sokah said:
So.... boring. So much mentally challenged screaming. Also 200 pound sword. All we're missing is a small furry animal that is really smart and makes the same noise over and over.

Honestly this described my feeling quite good lol.

Also: Asta's voice is like this:
WhoAaAaAaAaAaaaAaAAAaa
instead of:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 17, 2017 11:56 AM
Feb 2009
Episode 2 already felt bloated with the pacing (two episodes to cover the first chapter) and now ep 3 is filler....

Don't think I'm gonna watch anymore if this is how they're gonna do it
Oct 17, 2017 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
I'm just annoyed to see a filler while I expected to see... well what they previewed in ep 4, why a filler at ep 3 anyways, JUST WHY... I really don't understand.
Oct 17, 2017 12:31 PM
Sep 2017
Sokah said:
hello_6912 said:

If you've only seen 9 anime then there is a 100% chance that the next anime you see, no matter how bad it is, will be in your top 10 of all time.

yea, I'm quite new to anime, just started last month with about 40 anime series watched. That's why this anime still interests me :D
Oct 17, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
still feel the naruto vibe from this ..yuno sure is influenced from Asta.... I like when cool guys act silly
Oct 17, 2017 1:07 PM
Mar 2016
to be honest Studio Pierrot make this so bad
with quality and pace
first episode cliff hanger 2nd episode we didnt move any where, 3rd episode filler
seriously, if we read manga, 2nd episode we already reach capital for audition
but Pierrot always be trash

always low expectation for Pierrot Studion
esspesially for this Low Expectation than Twin Star Excorcist
but even with low expectation
they hit more lowest score than i expected :O
sassuga Pierrot, trash studio

sorry for negative, i think say good bye and drop it
NdanHMOct 17, 2017 1:12 PM
Oct 17, 2017 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
Asta is as annoying as Deku from Hero Academia and I dropped that garbage halfway through season one. I don't know how much longer I can keep listening to him. I'll probably give this two more episodes until I drop it as well.
Oct 17, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
hello_6912 said:

The negative reviews not because of the type, it's because of the people who read the manga and enjoyed it. the anime is taking 3 episodes to cover 1 chapter and most of it is filler which makes them angry and hate the producer studio. People are waiting for the start of chapter 2 but now the studio wasted 2 weeks for them!

Edit: I'm one of the readers and I can tell you that if the studio sticks to the manga this anime is gonna be awsome.
Oct 17, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Weakest episode so far, too much screaming and nothing really happened.

Got my hopes up for the exam,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2017 1:38 PM
Dec 2012
So the manga is awful and the anime doesn't even begin to try to be better than it. Hmm.
Oct 17, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
mehmehperson said:
Starisametaphor said:
Only Studio Pierrot could put fillers in the beginning of a new season of a new show. Sigh.

The #1 anime on MAL (which is a remake) 1st episode is filler and also countined to add some anime original content here and there for 13 episodes straight so everybody does it.

I won't be surprised if there is 2 full recap episodes like HxH(2011)

you can always marathon it.

Studio Pierrot is way too known for dropping in fillers. Doesn't help when they aren't (imo) interesting either.
...At least let me finish.

Oct 17, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
The cliche-ness of this series is oddly admirable and endearing. So far, the story and characters are executed rather well. The straight-forwardness of Asta's character also didn't really bother me, and his dynamic with Yuno is also quite nice.

Yuno is also not a completely edgelord like most shounen rivals, looking at you Sasuke.

As long as this show doesn't turn into a filler-fest, I'll be satisfied with this weekly shounen as something to distract me while I wait for HeroAca S3.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Oct 17, 2017 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
Fay207 said:
hello_6912 said:

The negative reviews not because of the type, it's because of the people who read the manga and enjoyed it. the anime is taking 3 episodes to cover 1 chapter and most of it is filler which makes them angry and hate the producer studio. People are waiting for the start of chapter 2 but now the studio wasted 2 weeks for them!

Edit: I'm one of the readers and I can tell you that if the studio sticks to the manga this anime is gonna be awsome.

That is simply wrong and even if you disagree, you're simply being delusional and blinded by your bias. The introduction of the series and how some of the arcs in the first few volumes are structured is terrible. In one of the later arcs, the author introduces characters from the LN and expects people to have already read the novels. How the hell do you manga readers even defend that?

I'm really glad the writers for the anime aren't using the manga as the storyboards because they clearly know the series is heavily flawed and trying to fix the problems as much as they can.
Z4KOct 17, 2017 2:18 PM
Oct 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Z4k said:
Fay207 said:

That is simply wrong and even if you disagree, you're simply being delusional and blinded by your bias. The introduction of the series and how some of the arcs in the first few volumes are structured is terrible. In one of the later arcs, the author introduces characters from the LN and expects people to have already read the novels. How the hell do you manga readers even defend that?

I'm really glad the writers for the anime aren't using the manga as the storyboards because they clearly know the series is heavily flawed and trying to fix the problems as much as they can.

I didnt stated my opinion on the last 2 episodes, I've just stated what most of the people who read the manga feel from reading their comments in various anime streaming sites.
Howerer, I read the manga and I admit that the first chapters went fast, but that was interesting itself. if the manga went as the same line as the novel people wouldn't criticized that much. However most of them read only the manga and expecting the anime to follow it line.

In my opinion,I think they should have followed the manga line to some chapters until the anime establish itself and gain the fans support and then put some background stories from the novel.
However, because of what they did they lost alot of the manga fans support and I even noticed that the anime ratings went down. Which means that they chose the wrong choice.
Hope the producers feel the danger and correct themself next week.

Btw I dont care about the anime, I dont have any interest in any anime that I read it manga, I just was hopping to see how the characters looks like in the anime.
Oct 17, 2017 2:48 PM
Jan 2017
Wow the father of the church must really hate Asta I’ve heard of tough love but telling someone they will fail to their face then telling their ‘brother’ “don’t worry you’ll pass no matter what” that’s just as dick move
Oct 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
I'm the only one who is annoyed by Asta's "family" behavior?
Really these part were everyone tell him that he will fail on test?
Oh... my... You're his family, show some support?!
How they can criticize Asta some much and praise Yuno?
Asta is pretty annoying, but his "family" with this whole putting Yuno on a pedestal is more annoying.
Oct 17, 2017 3:09 PM
Jun 2016
Good to see that with every episode, the series is getting some better reception. I quite enjoyed this ep, and I'm excited for the exam arc which js is really short unless Pierrot makes it longer. So far the filler has been pretty solid and enjoyable.
Oct 17, 2017 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
GangsterCat said:
tbh the manga pacing is so fast, they just straight up arrived in exam ground in capital right after yuno-asta fist bump after asta got his grimoire. this filler just normalize the pacing.

Sounds like any other typical starter for a shonen adaptation by pierrot
Yawn
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 17, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2008
This episode was good. I'm so psyched for next week to see all the other wizards. Their designs look amazing.

Loving this anime so much.

Oct 17, 2017 3:16 PM

Mar 2014
JudoJD said:
Entertain me peasants!!

LOL I know right!

Every Tuesday just sit back and watch the comments roll in, It's always a blast to see them fight back and forth to prove whether BC is doing good or bad.

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 17, 2017 3:48 PM
Oct 2017
I think this anime gonna have more than 13 episodes because pierrot studio is always keeping a secret not telling a true how many episodes anime produced by them gonna have like Twin Star Exorcists before when first months it airing the official website just telling that's anime just gonna have 13 episodes.
Oct 17, 2017 4:05 PM

Dec 2016
This is definitely going to be my guilty pleasure show, because as entertaining as it is, it is also shit, so yeah. Still enjoying it so far tho
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 17, 2017 4:06 PM
Jan 2017
Why is it that every shonen anime wants their protagonists to be like Goku or Naruto: well-intentioned, child-like moron who becomes superpowerful to protect his friends? Asta is not even trying to be unique or interesting, he's just riding on the coattails of more successful protagonists. If something the episode did good was the comedy. If Asta does something right, it's being a butt-monkey. Still, there is room for improvement.
Oct 17, 2017 4:17 PM
Mar 2015
Alright episode.

Now the boys go on their journey on foot and meet their destination.

Also I like how Asta kinda gave Nash some hope.
Oct 17, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
This must have been said so much but I'm going to say it too... this is just a Naruto rip-off.
Not talking about the shounen tropes and shit but the fact that the actual scenes are a carbon copy. The "Never giving up is my magic" is just the same as "Never giving up is my ninja way" that was on the previous episode, in this one we had the god damn Kyuubi wrecking havoc on the village/city the same way, beams and all. The Sasuke Naruto rivalry works the same where the genius arrogant one mocks the optimist dumb one. One has the talent for magic/chackra, the other doesn't have any but on the bright side is optimistic and has bottomless amount of strength cause he has a monster inside him(haven't read the manga but I bet Asta has the monster inside him too). And the list goes on and on... The only differences I found was that this is more tame cause the priest *cough* Iruka-sensei *cough* didn't wound up with a big ass shuriken on his back while saving Naruto and Naruto wasn't annoying and Asta is, a lot.
This coming from a guy that started hating Naruto anime before the War started. The only plus I see on Black Cover is having a better conclusion than Naruto.
SnaitaOct 17, 2017 5:17 PM
Oct 17, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2017
I actually really enjoyed this episode, I like the bit they added with sister lily and how she met Asta. Also the interaction with the other orphan were Asta gives him hope. Black Clover and Inuyashiki are my anime of this season.
Oct 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Aug 2008
Why would they do a filler at this point. It's like watching them go on a journey before they start the real journey. They should have been quick about it sigh.
Oct 17, 2017 8:30 PM
May 2017
I really hope Asta constantly shouting out his goal is going to go away soon. It was barely tolerable when Naruto did it and still is.

Otherwise pretty ok episode, We got hints of what the main cast is going to look like, Yuno and Asta's relationships is one of the most enjoyable rivalries I've seen in a long time, and they don't spend too long in the woods.

I'm still feeling vague about how magic works in this world, even more so after Asta pulled a huge demon sword out of a book yet people still say he can't use magic. I'm guessing theirs an elemental type system at work here so maybe the characters don't recognize the sword as magic, but then what about the chain user? I know I can probably just look most of this information up online but I don't like leaving a show more confused then when I left it.
Oct 17, 2017 8:44 PM

Nov 2016
great episode, its better than BNHA.
Oct 17, 2017 9:13 PM
Sep 2016
HueyLion said:
JudoJD said:
Entertain me peasants!!

LOL I know right!

Every Tuesday just sit back and watch the comments roll in, It's always a blast to see them fight back and forth to prove whether BC is doing good or bad.

I come here with the snacks and everything XD
1.1.Six
Oct 17, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
Oh what a boring generic going to the Capital Kingdom troupe episode...
VA Kajiwara Gakuto still hurts my ears with his MADAMADAAAAA! every phrase he said ends-up with "AAAaaaa!" just like naruto's "ttebayo!"
3/5.

Oct 17, 2017 9:43 PM

Jul 2017
I'm more excited for the 'CHUNIN EXAMS' next week
Still waiting for Yami to appear with great impatience XD

Its still funny how people still get irritated by Asta's voice.
Well not me at all XD

4/5
Oct 17, 2017 10:51 PM
Aug 2017
PsychologyM said:
Please tell me a better and more interesting character will show up soon. Asta is so annoying

You'll see when Yami and the Black Bulls are introduced.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 21, 2020

62 by Vindicater »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

343 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Today, 8:24 AM

» Does this guy only scream?

Yeetyus - Mar 2

49 by KafarPL »»
Today, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

174 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

74 by Farabeuf »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.