Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2016
(posting this here because i didn't know in which fate discussion to post)

Aaaaa i know there are a lot of topics about this already but every answer people give is different and i'm so confused right now... i saw more than 20 of them (i'm not even kidding) and i couldn't find a preferred order by the ones who already watched it.
What i want is to understand the story, i DON'T care if the adaptation is different from the VN or whatever because if it actually has something that makes me understand better the other ones i'll certainly watch it (i'm talking about fate/stay night here).

So what order should i watch the fate series then?
Oct 17, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2016

I saw that topic already but that person only said it wasn't necessary to watch Fate/Stay Night because the adaptation is not good. (which i don't care at all)
She doesn't say if it actually has something that gives a better understanding when watching the other ones after that, and that i want to know because i don't want to get into something that is going to talk about things i didn't see or something like that.
Oct 17, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
I saw that topic already but that person only said it wasn't necessary to watch Fate/Stay Night because the adaptation is not good. (which i don't care at all) She doesn't say if it actually has something that gives a better understanding when watching the other ones after that, and that i want to know because i don't want to get into something that is going to talk about things i didn't see or something like that.

Well then just ignore anyone and everyone and just watch things like this:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/356/Fate_stay_night?q=fate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works?q=fate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28701/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_2nd_Season
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero?q=fate

Don't ask just watch...
Oct 17, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
AyumiVk said:

I saw that topic already but that person only said it wasn't necessary to watch Fate/Stay Night because the adaptation is not good. (which i don't care at all)
She doesn't say if it actually has something that gives a better understanding when watching the other ones after that, and that i want to know because i don't want to get into something that is going to talk about things i didn't see or something like that.

In reply to your OP, it depends on whether you want to simply easily understand without achieving 'maximum enjoyment', or whether you want to both understand and fully enjoy yourself.

If its the former, then, in terms of anime-only, the direction should be:

1. Fate/Zero -> Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works(TV) -> Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel -> anything else.

This route isn't really recommended as it means the main story - Fate Stay Night - ends up being spoiled by Fate/Zero, which should normally be watched last. It's kinda like watching the Star Wars Trilogy in the chronological timeline instead of order of release. I only recommend watching Zero first here because the introductory route, Fate route, which helps you initially understand the plot and world, does not have a proper adaptation. The only adaptation it has is a) terrible and b) very confusing for anime-viewers and can pretty much fuck up your knowledge. Hence, it's a very bad starting point. Zero can act as an introduction because it has a ton of world-building and exposition at the beginning but, as I said, it'd spoil the main story.

Now, if you want to both fully enjoy and fully understand the whole story, it's gonna be a bit harder, and I'd suggest:

2. [Fate route, VN ->] Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works(TV) -> Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel -> Fate/Zero -> anything else

Fate route is the proper introduction and it fills you in on the universe without spoiling future events. The reason I've put it in brackets, and the reason why this order is harder, is because it requires you to read the first part of a rather lengthy VN to fully understand. Imo, this is probably the best and most intended route given out by the creators for anime-onlies; before UBW(Unlimited Blade Works) aired, Fate route was released on PS Vita in order for anime-onlies to have a better introduction than Fate/Zero, as it wasn't going to get another adaptation. Moreover, Fate route gives you Saber's story, which isn't fully explored in neither UBW nor HF(Heaven's Feel), nor Fate/Zero.
You can also skip out Fate route from this order, but it would mean you don't get a full understanding.

In conclusion, order 2 is by far better. However, I'd understand if you're not willing to shed out 20 hours for something you've only just decided to get into.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 4, 2020 10:57 AM
Nov 2018
mira-pyon said:
AyumiVk said:

In reply to your OP, it depends on whether you want to simply easily understand without achieving 'maximum enjoyment', or whether you want to both understand and fully enjoy yourself.

1. Fate/Zero -> Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works(TV) -> Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel -> anything else.

This route isn't really recommended as it means the main story - Fate Stay Night - ends up being spoiled by Fate/Zero, which should normally be watched last. It's kinda like watching the Star Wars Trilogy in the chronological timeline instead of order of release. I only recommend watching Zero first here because the introductory route, Fate route, which helps you initially understand the plot and world, does not have a proper adaptation. The only adaptation it has is a) terrible and b) very confusing for anime-viewers and can pretty much fuck up your knowledge. Hence, it's a very bad starting point. Zero can act as an introduction because it has a ton of world-building and exposition at the beginning but, as I said, it'd spoil the main story.

Now, if you want to both fully enjoy and fully understand the whole story, it's gonna be a bit harder, and I'd suggest:

2. [Fate route, VN ->] Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works(TV) -> Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel -> Fate/Zero -> anything else

Fate route is the proper introduction and it fills you in on the universe without spoiling future events. The reason I've put it in brackets, and the reason why this order is harder, is because it requires you to read the first part of a rather lengthy VN to fully understand. Imo, this is probably the best and most intended route given out by the creators for anime-onlies; before UBW(Unlimited Blade Works) aired, Fate route was released on PS Vita in order for anime-onlies to have a better introduction than Fate/Zero, as it wasn't going to get another adaptation. Moreover, Fate route gives you Saber's story, which isn't fully explored in neither UBW nor HF(Heaven's Feel), nor Fate/Zero.
You can also skip out Fate route from this order, but it would mean you don't get a full understanding.

In conclusion, order 2 is by far better. However, I'd understand if you're not willing to shed out 20 hours for something you've only just decided to get into.

Is fate/zero --> stay night(2006) --> blade works--> heaven
A good watch order? Or does it spoil a lot of things?
And where can I read the vn?
May 4, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
Tripl3R said:
mira-pyon said:

You can get the VN Fate/Stay Night here https://www.reddit.com/user/Dusty_S/comments/eqn5a2/typemoon_visual_novel_light_novel_links/
This guy has complied a bunch of Type Moon stuff.

The dude you're replying to explained it all pretty well if you watch Zero first you're spoiling huge parts of Stay Night but the first adaptation of Stay Night is botched and full of anime only spoilers. So the only real way to start anime only and be spoiler free is UBW -> Heavens Feel -> Zero but starting at UBW is literally starting at the 2nd part of a 3 part story so obviously there will be some things you miss.

TLDR The only perfect answer is read the VN but thats a big time investment and some people don't wanna do that. If you don't wanna read it then personally I would say UBW -> Heavens Feel -> Zero -> whatever you want.
May 8, 2020 3:38 AM
Nov 2018
Dieshouri said:
Tripl3R said:

You can get the VN Fate/Stay Night here https://www.reddit.com/user/Dusty_S/comments/eqn5a2/typemoon_visual_novel_light_novel_links/

The dude you're replying to explained it all pretty well if you watch Zero first you're spoiling huge parts of Stay Night but the first adaptation of Stay Night is botched and full of anime only spoilers. So the only real way to start anime only and be spoiler free is UBW -> Heavens Feel -> Zero but starting at UBW is literally starting at the 2nd part of a 3 part story so obviously there will be some things you miss.

TLDR The only perfect answer is read the VN but thats a big time investment and some people don't wanna do that. If you don't wanna read it then personally I would say UBW -> Heavens Feel -> Zero -> whatever you want.

so I started reading the vn , it starts with rin and she tries to summon saber but fails , how do I select routes and am I supposed to read the full novel?
May 11, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2019
Tripl3R said:
Dieshouri said:

so I started reading the vn , it starts with rin and she tries to summon saber but fails , how do I select routes and am I supposed to read the full novel?

If you downloaded it from the link I sent then how you open the game should select the route. The icon with Saber is the Fate route the first one, the one with Rin on it is UBW the second one, and the one with Sakura on it is Heavens Feel the third one.

Normally certain choices would choose how you get into each route but the newer version made it like this for convenience. I mean ideally you read the whole thing but remember you're not on any kind of time limit and its a long ass VN breaks are normal.
May 14, 2020 1:03 AM
Nov 2018
Dieshouri said:
Tripl3R said:

If you downloaded it from the link I sent then how you open the game should select the route. The icon with Saber is the Fate route the first one, the one with Rin on it is UBW the second one, and the one with Sakura on it is Heavens Feel the third one.

Normally certain choices would choose how you get into each route but the newer version made it like this for convenience. I mean ideally you read the whole thing but remember you're not on any kind of time limit and its a long ass VN breaks are normal.

Actually I forgot that u added a link and downloaded it from somewhere else , but it looks like I figured it out , I'm on day 5 now and things just got interesting šŸ˜... I should complete the saber route and start ubw--> heaven and then zero . Thnx for the help I'm in debt :)

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Today, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.