Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2017 3:26 PM
Jul 2014
I just don't understand the people that are giving 1/10's to this series, when it didn't even fully start yet. Don't give me that "oh well, it's a generic shounen", "it's a Naruto rip-off", that doesn't mean the series is bad, and that's a real hypocritical thing to say as well, as series nowadays are influenced by past series. Once the series picks up, they will come praising. Just watch.
Unleashed_SMOct 12, 2017 4:00 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 12, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
Let me guess, you're bothered by the fact that the show has a score below a 7, currently at 6.97, well guess what, it's only going to go down from here on. I hope this upsets you deeply. If you think I'm being childish, then look at the topic you made and think about yourself first.

This show and this manga is garbage and it's getting a piss poor adaptation from Pierrot as well, so it's getting what it deserves. The people that will start praising the series are little kids that blindly love crappy shounen anime and hardcore fanboys like you.

I feel like you people care more about communities than the actual anime and manga aspect of things, pathetic.

Edit: Here's the original topic, I made a screenshot anticipating OP editing this.

alpha_shadowOct 12, 2017 3:44 PM
:3
Oct 12, 2017 3:41 PM

Aug 2017
Unleashed_SM said:
I just don't understand the people that are giving 1/10's to this series, when it didn't even fully start yet. Don't give me that "oh well, it's a generic shounen", "it's a Naruto rip-off", that doesn't mean the series is bad, and that's a real hypocritical thing to say as well, as series nowadays are influenced by past series. Once the series picks up, these same people will come praising the series. Just watch. These are the kind of people that ruin the community.

I give my arguments and i'm be called 'hater' because they can't tolerate people other opinions than 'i love this episode/character/voice". I see people giving 10/10, 9/10 and 8/10 and i don't see you complain that. (that's hypocritical) Why is so important the low scores and not the highest scores? And even less with a fine score (6.97). I congratulate you if you like BC and giving 8/10, a score that if you enjoy the show deserves, but i recommend you to avoid calling other 'haters' because don't like the show that you like. We all have different tastes.
NurguburuOct 12, 2017 3:51 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 12, 2017 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Let me guess, you're bothered by the fact that the show has a score below a 7, currently at 6.97
I'm not really upset about the rating.
Oct 12, 2017 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Let me guess, you're bothered by the fact that the show has a score below a 7, currently at 6.97, well guess what, it's only going to go down from here on. I hope this upsets you deeply. If you think I'm being childish, then look at the topic you made and think about yourself first.

Good job missing his point. We can definitely tell who's being childish here.
Oct 12, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
alpha_shadow said:
Let me guess, you're bothered by the fact that the show has a score below a 7, currently at 6.97, well guess what, it's only going to go down from here on. I hope this upsets you deeply.

The point is, this whole topic is pointless and childish and I was mocking him by being childish as well.
Oct 12, 2017 3:48 PM

Apr 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Z4k said:

The point is, this whole topic is pointless and childish and I was mocking him by being childish as well.

Nice damage control. Keep going.
Oct 12, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
alpha_shadow said:

You're attempt at damage controlling is laughable. Keep going.

Hey, at least I didn't try to sneakily edit the topic completely :)

I'M THE ONE DAMAGE CONTROLLING, RIGHT? xD
Oct 12, 2017 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Z4k said:

I saw his edit and it doesn't change anything. You're being awfully upset about this for no reason. Take a chill pill.
Oct 12, 2017 3:57 PM
Jul 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Z4k said:

I just edited the topic because it sounded too harsh. I just wanted to get a point across.
Oct 12, 2017 3:57 PM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
alpha_shadow said:

I saw his edit and it doesn't change anything. You're being awfully upset about this for no reason. Take a chill pill.

I'm not upset really, just amused. I guess I'm just a troll hater, time to move on...

Yeah, his edit totally does not change a thing. Changing the title from Enough is Enough to Let's talk is a big difference and removing that final phrase just shows he's afraid to maintain his own stance. It was a fairly aggressive post.
Oct 12, 2017 4:02 PM
Jul 2014
Burguburu said:
Unleashed_SM said:
I just don't understand the people that are giving 1/10's to this series, when it didn't even fully start yet. Don't give me that "oh well, it's a generic shounen", "it's a Naruto rip-off", that doesn't mean the series is bad, and that's a real hypocritical thing to say as well, as series nowadays are influenced by past series. Once the series picks up, these same people will come praising the series. Just watch. These are the kind of people that ruin the community.

I give my arguments and i'm be called 'hater' because they can't tolerate people other opinions than 'i love this episode/character/voice". I see people giving 10/10, 9/10 and 8/10 and i don't see you complain that. (that's hypocritical) Why is so important the low scores and not the highest scores? And even less with a fine score (6.97). I congratulate you if you like BC and giving 8/10, a score that if you enjoy the show deserves, but i recommend you to avoid calling other 'haters' because don't like the show that you like. We all have different tastes.
I'm not calling anyone a hater.
Oct 12, 2017 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
Unleashed_SM said:
...I'm not calling anyone a hater.

No, but we are the kind of people that ruin the community, right, because we disagree with your stance on BC? and we'll also magically see how good this series really is all of a sudden? I see you edited your post again, did I inspire you? You omitted the "kind of people that ruin the community" part after re-adding the last paragraph.
Oct 12, 2017 4:10 PM

Aug 2017
@alpha_shadow You have a different opinion = you're the enemy/idiot/hypocrite or you ATTACK their favorite show

ps lmao they say that score below a 7 is bad

“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Oct 12, 2017 4:14 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Well it's not as if the series is original, people have read ahead in the manga and know that the quality isn't present. And you have to take notice that Pierrot taking a hold of this series was a death sentence. They'll eventually treat it with the same tact they did with Naruto which was mediocre at best.

And you can't really hold the "all series nowadays are influenced by past series" as a counter argument since yes it's true. You don't see this being as obvious in its contemporaries. For example, Oda and Kishimoto were highly influenced by Toriyama, very highly. And you can see fingerprints of this here and there earlier in the series but nothing that was OBVIOUSLY noticeable.

Same with JoJo influencing Togashi nen system in HxH. Very well worked into his own original idea. You can't speak on the point of influence with Black Clover and giving it a pass when it really doesn't venture itself from ideas and themes. Even with something like BNHA which uses many tropes of the Shonen map does it have original world building and characters down to the detail.

This one isn't going to rise with Shonen fans anytime soon.
Oct 12, 2017 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
Mamokaru said:
@alpha_shadow You have a different opinion = you're the enemy/idiot/hypocrite or you ATTACK their favorite show

ps lmao they say that score below a 7 is bad

Maybe if OP would've made a better structured less aggressive topic I wouldn't have been so aggressive either.

No, I am the kind of person that ruins the community because I don't love BC, you can ask OP about it. And you can be sure I'll also come back and apologize after seeing how the series becomes good and praise it all day long.
Oct 12, 2017 5:37 PM

May 2015
I hope this series improve soon, honestly, but the first 2 episodes were so lame, cliché and predictable, like they think that the viewers conform with any trash about a young boy dreaming of becoming the best in his world and that's all. I'll watch 4 or 5 more episodes and if it still being that boring I'll drop this thing.
ren_moonOct 12, 2017 7:00 PM
Oct 12, 2017 5:52 PM
Jun 2016
Idk, personally the score used to bother me, but I realized that in reality the score doesn't matter. The companies in charge won't really care what people have to say as long as it does its job as an anime and brings money. If you like the series keep liking, I do, I've stopped trying to argue against people who hate/dislike this series as there's no point, they don't like it and you do, I personally really like this series and that's all that matters. I suggest you don't bother arguing or flaming people anymore, I'm as of recently avoiding reading comments on anything anime related and sticking to my own opinion, unless its a person I know in real life. Just a better way to enjoy the shows you like that may get a lot of hate, idk its up to you my man.
Oct 12, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2017
It is a very generic shounen. And yes, that is a bad thing. That being said I think it's a little early to already be giving it a 1/10.
Oct 12, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2017
It being a generic shounen doesn't bother me. What does is the MC screaming and dragging out his sentences. If they removed him (or changed his voice) the show would be pretty good.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Oct 12, 2017 6:45 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Granted OP despite what I said. I don't think it's a 1/10 but can you even articulate in a mature manner the merits it has, maybe if you did that you would change peoples mind instead of saying "it's not as bad as people make it out to be" or "it'll pick up" when you have no evidence of that happening at all.
Oct 12, 2017 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
it is a generic shounen, and it honestly doesn't matter what MAL thinks because Black Clover is very obviously aimed at a much younger audience than MAL supports. Sure, teens and young adults may hate it but that doesn't matter as long as the studio is making money off of it from children and preteens.
Oct 12, 2017 7:32 PM

Nov 2010
I feel it rests around where I'm currently personally rating it, around a 6.5 to a 7. It's nothing special and the main character is really annoying. I'm hoping it gets better, then my opinion might change.

"I've always wanted to be short and cute."
"Everything not saved will be lost."

大好きだよ。
Oct 12, 2017 8:13 PM

Jan 2016
sure, someone can say - to me, this anime is a 1/10 through two eps, because of x,y & z opinions - but actually putting that score down at this point? that's absurd on merit alone. just breaking down the constituent parts: visual quality, sound, voice, music, story, characters - come on... just think a little bit & if strong opinion overrides the ability to compile a meaningful score? probably shouldn't put a # down at all.
Oct 12, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
Not everyone has to agree with you. Just let it be.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 12, 2017 8:59 PM

Mar 2016
alpha_shadow said:

This show and this manga is garbage and it's getting a piss poor adaptation from Pierrot as well, so it's getting what it deserves. The people that will start praising the series are little kids that blindly love crappy shounen anime and hardcore fanboys like you.

I feel like you people care more about communities than the actual anime and manga aspect of things, pathetic.

Edit: Here's the original topic, I made a screenshot anticipating OP editing this.

Good points ^^^^^^

This Black Clover thing is getting out of hand. I think the whole database is going wild using ratings as tools of war to garner power for their favorite anime and ravage all their competition. It's ridiculous because we all should just be here to watch our shows and then rate them like respectable young men and women. However, we've got fools every day running around throwing 1's and 10's at shows they haven't even seen yet just because they're trying to get over on some other faction of this community.

We are all one community. We all love anime, right? What's it matter if one anime is on top one week and another replaces it in a few more? I'm so sick of people complaining about Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood being on top of the rankings when it's clearly so popular that it deserves that spot. And I'm also tired of all the people crying over Gintama receiving multiple spots on the ranking list. Maybe the database shouldn't divide Gintama like that. That's another discussion for another day, but until then, the amount of places Gintama has on the ranking list is a testament to it's quality and instead of bitching about how unfair or annoying it is, maybe it would be better to actually sit down and watch the show to see why people like it so much. And maybe, just maybe you'll actually like it too.

Black Clover has had a terrible and disappointing start, but that doesn't mean it's going to be bad forever. However, everyone reserves the right to rank an anime however they want.

Trust me, if Black Clover ACTUALLY gets good, the ratings will show for it. But as it stands, right now, today, on MyAnimeList, Black Clover is hot garbage and everyone who's been watching anime long enough knows it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 9:51 PM

Oct 2015
Stop paying too much attention to MAL ratiing, they are not the norm and far from accurate. Just watch whatever you like. low rating =/ not entertaining/good
Oct 12, 2017 10:41 PM

Apr 2017
Blah blah blah Don't care pleb

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 12, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2016
I honestly love the drama this series is creating in the anime community LOL
I don't even watch this show, I just come here to read the discussions!
Oct 12, 2017 11:22 PM

Jul 2017
Unleashed_SM said:
I just don't understand the people that are giving 1/10's to this series, when it didn't even fully start yet. Don't give me that "oh well, it's a generic shounen", "it's a Naruto rip-off", that doesn't mean the series is bad, and that's a real hypocritical thing to say as well, as series nowadays are influenced by past series. Once the series picks up, they will come praising. Just watch.
What don't you understand? The only thing about this show that makes it stand out from the rest is that Asta is incredibly obnoxious. You know Subaru from Re Zero? At least he was tolerable, but Asta is like... oh god please no more.
I don't know if there are people other than me who are really trying hard to enjoy the show. I heard some good things about the manga but where the anime stands right now is in a steaming pile of shit and I really cant be asked to watch a whole lot more.

Hey OP, people are giving it 1/10 because it didn't live up to the massive amount of hype this show got. Not because this is just another generic shounen. Also Asta is probably the shittiest MC... like ever (at least right now).

lazypigzOct 12, 2017 11:25 PM

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 12, 2017 11:45 PM
Apr 2016
It's just a bunch of BNHA and Naruto fanboys right now there's a review I noticed on this and he rated it 1/10 and it says he watched 52 episodes like Wtf that's the reason why it's has a bad rating
Oct 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Aug 2016
Lmao this anime rating dropping almost as fast as Fate/Apocrypha did. After watching that video on how that annoying kid talks? It makes sense.
Oct 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Oct 2017
drtalos said:
sure, someone can say - to me, this anime is a 1/10 through two eps, because of x,y & z opinions - but actually putting that score down at this point? that's absurd on merit alone. just breaking down the constituent parts: visual quality, sound, voice, music, story, characters - come on... just think a little bit & if strong opinion overrides the ability to compile a meaningful score? probably shouldn't put a # down at all.

According to this my final score should be 3,16 well maybe it's time to lower even more my score for this show.
Oct 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Oct 2015
It's around a 5/10 for me currently. The 1st episode wasn't really anything amazing and judging by what other people though of the manga I can't say for sure I'll like what's coming. OP and ED were pretty nice though.
Oct 13, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not gonna drop it or give it a crazy low score but so far I haven't seen any redeeming qualities. Extremely annoying MC and the rest pieced together with your everyday shounen cliches.

Even the fight sucked ass and made no sense, like how does he one shot a high ranking wizard?
Oct 13, 2017 12:45 AM
Jul 2015
MAL's toplist is nothing but a popularity contest anyway.
And alot of "fake votes" too, there is no reason to be mad about a "low" score here on MAL.

The first two epidodes were below average too, so I don't think this is surprising either.
Oct 13, 2017 12:47 AM
Apr 2017
rizuxizu said:
Stop paying too much attention to MAL ratiing, they are not the norm and far from accurate. Just watch whatever you like. low rating =/ not entertaining/good

Nah, you right... ^^
Oct 13, 2017 12:56 AM
Jan 2014
I enjoy the love-hate drama over Black Clover than the show itself. I didn't even bother scoring the show because the first two episodes are literal crap. Manga is really mediocre but still okay to read. But Pierrot will surely butcher the adaptation. I can see why so many people hate this. Just my two cents.
Oct 13, 2017 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
That is because it's done by studio Pierrot. Take a look at BNHA fans.
"Yeah it's similar to Naruto but it's good." Literally no one complains because it's done by another studio. I can understand that the MC has an annoying voice but that alone is too harsh to give it 1/10. Sure the rating will go up once the show finishes because people need to watch 1/5 of the episodes and currently it's "?".
Oct 13, 2017 1:44 AM

Apr 2014
mattao313 said:
Even the fight sucked ass and made no sense, like how does he one shot a high ranking wizard?

His sword nullifies magic. Not really that hard to figure it out.
Oct 13, 2017 1:56 AM
Apr 2016
*car noises itenstifies with generic shounen tropes being shown and naruto deja vu*

That is black clover in a nutshell. It's practically the popular but not that particularly good anime. Honestly saddened by the fact there's even a post on how people hate it and it needs to stop because I mean, it's a generic af shounen what's so special about it?

Oct 13, 2017 2:25 AM
Apr 2017
Black Clover is not worth this rating
Why people hate this Anime?
this is good anime and not bad there are many anime are similar
What's the problem if Black Clover is similar to Naruto?
It can be beautiful
Oct 13, 2017 2:35 AM

Sep 2015
Meh. All shounen gets hit with this. Time will tell though, if it ends up 'the next Naruto' it'll balance out anyway.
Oct 13, 2017 5:04 AM
Apr 2016
rac56 said:
Black Clover is not worth this rating
Why people hate this Anime?
this is good anime and not bad there are many anime are similar
What's the problem if Black Clover is similar to Naruto?
It can be beautiful

Yea, coming from someone who watched nothing but shounen and sports anime. Ok.
Oct 13, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2017
to be honest i was kinda rating for this anime to score below 7 lmao.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Oct 13, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2015
hey, remember when world trigger is touching 6.5 (pretty sure it was 6.43 when it was on the lowest)? good times...

>visual doesn't matter
>i want something original

>"VISUAL IS BAAAADDDDDDD"
>"MC IS FUCKING COWARDS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

the lowet it was, the more easy to rise and harder to get lower... as simple as that... i am grateful already it's already better than WT treatement and reception...

Planas said:
drtalos said:

According to this my final score should be 3,16 well maybe it's time to lower even more my score for this show.

pretty sure you havent watch any shows with that ratings...

https://myanimelist.net/anime/29617/Good-by_Elvis_and_USA
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 13, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2011
lul if it had 7.00 instead of 6.96 no one would give a shit.
Oct 13, 2017 7:35 AM
Sep 2016
SamBlack said:
I honestly love the drama this series is creating in the anime community LOL
I don't even watch this show, I just come here to read the discussions!
I KNOW RIGHT!!! same here (but in my case I totally just watch it for context for the war XD)
I could probably be catching up on some anime but this is way to entertaining. THE CHAOS!! THE DRAMA!! mh!!
I LOVE IT!!! XD
JudoJDOct 13, 2017 7:47 AM
1.1.Six
Oct 13, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
fan fact

black clover is winning every week in magazine rankings against boku no hero

:)
Taito10Oct 13, 2017 9:25 AM
Oct 13, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2016
shitty show so far. hmm
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Nov 10, 2020

89 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Apr 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

341 by yowjus »»
Apr 14, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 11, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2020

91 by Zedz_c »»
Apr 10, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

139 by phantom346 »»
Apr 9, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.