Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I knew that Op song (Feed the Fire) would be heavy with the rock and metal-like beats.

A lot of drama still at school...sigh, some of the guys in this series are real dicks.
Looks like this episode is more of a transition from with the realization that the death game is quite real.

Beyond that, it felt similar to the previous episode wither yet another victim. (wtf, that was a terrible way to do a flashback) It seems Natsuko isn't such a nice girl after all....sigh. I'm not even surprised. What a psycho.
Stark700Oct 12, 2017 11:20 AM
Oct 12, 2017 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
a little bit of flashback to the first timeline...at first i still thought that the flashback would go all the way until the end of first timeline and make it like a first+second half/half series... now seem like the way they do thing is it will be having some flashback from time to time
Oct 12, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
What a horrible episode. There was so much stupidity and overreactions. Natsuko just suddenly turned into a psycho. There was also a flashback for the previous game. This was hard to watch. The only good part about it was the OP.
Oct 12, 2017 9:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though it's kinda weird, I think that the occasional flashbacks to the first game is pretty helpful, especially for the characterization of the MC because he was actually a pretty cool, normal, and active dude instead of the usual quiet wimp

I felt bad for the rich kid in the flashback but it makes me happy to know that the salty cunt that condemned him to death is dead because that whole scene was just disgusting to watch, and that bitch deserved to die for what he did to that poor kid

However the biggest shock and disappointment for me is the switch in personality of Natsuko.....I really liked her and I was even shipping her with the MC and hoping for her survival alongside him but now I'm hurt to see that she's just as awful as they can come :( If anyone deserves to die now its her tbh But I hate when stuff like this happens man >.< (I bet she's the king or involved with him somehow)

Pretty good episode overall imo though, I'm starting to like and understand the MC a lot more now once you see where he came from and what he went through......The OP was lit as well
TokoyaOct 12, 2017 9:54 AM
Oct 12, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2015
Jesus Christ! Who wrote the plot? A 5 year old child?

This is beyond cringy. The whole classroom acts as if they can't remember what happened 2 mins before.

No need to do the 3 ep rule. Easy drop.

Oct 12, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
Thats flashback was full of feels & Natsuko went heel holy shiet.

I still dont know how to feel about this anime, its not my kinda thing but something keeps me watching. Cant wait to see how things turn out and hopefully MC will dish out some nice-guy karma
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
> Nobuaki: "If we all do our own thing, we´ll drop like flies. We all have to work together, or we won´t survive"
> Natsuki: "Please, sleep with me before Teruaki does"
> Nobuaki: "There´s nothing I can do"

Fucking beta, hypocrite and trashy MC right here. Lmao, he had it coming at the end.

Joking aside, it seems that they are really going to adapt both of the manga. Oh well, at least we will have a single trainwreck with the value of two. Looking forward to see more of psycho Natsuki though, since the edginess and stupidity skyrocket with her involved.
KaitonOct 12, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 12, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2016
It's like they gathered all the dumbest kids in Japan and put them all in one class.

It kinda has a "so bad it's funny" thing going for it so I'll keep watching for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 10:03 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this anime has some fine as girls with nice boobs

definitely woulda grabbed the titties and or fucked these girls

i mean....

the ecchi king said so ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 12, 2017 10:12 AM
Sep 2017
The Comedy Anime of the season xd
Oct 12, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2013
Stupid Plot, Stupid Mc, Stupid Everyone...
Another great Episode!

Great Season with this crap and lot's of Reverse Harems.
Oct 12, 2017 10:15 AM
Sep 2017
I was quite happy with this episode. I had predicted after watching last week's episode that they would be doing more with the first game then just quick flashbacks, and I'm glad I was right. I don't know much about this current arc but loved the first so I really was hoping to see that adapted, at least in some form. I feel Natsuko going crazy was a little too predictable though. All and all, still a good episode.
Oct 12, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Natsuki went full psycho.

Oct 12, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
I knew Natsuko wasn't going to be as pure and innocent as the previous episode painted her, but, holy shit, she is a cynical, crazy bitch! It's even better of what I expected!

It seems we are going to have too some flashbacks from Nobuaki about the previous Kings Game as well.
Although Daisuke's death wasn't funny (since he was innocent and didn't really deserved to die), I cannot help but to feel Nobuaki and his friend acted like a total pair of morons trying to save him. So, the key hour comes, and Daisuke suddenly says he is going to bring some drinks, and they, instead of stopping or even following him (considering how suspicious that move sounded), spend the time chilling in the living room until it was too late. I guess they though that, since Daisuke didn't die in that exact moment, the penalty was removed or it was just a joke.

Cannot wait for more of this.
Also, so far, this is the best opening theme of the season.
Oct 12, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
Ousama death game? more like sex cuck game LMAO XD
Oct 12, 2017 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
Great premise, terrible writing. Im not gonna stay here to see,if the winner gets chicken dinner or not.
Oct 12, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2007
BlackstarFallen said:
What a horrible episode. There was so much stupidity and overreactions. Natsuko just suddenly turned into a psycho. There was also a flashback for the previous game. This was hard to watch. The only good part about it was the OP.

You have all the reason. I really don't understand why abouth nothing Natsuko turned into a psyco. One moment, "I don't want to hace sex". The next second "Ok, lets do it, here".

I don't have problems with the flashback, but the rest of the episode it has all problems. Question is: Will the class will hit Nobuaki in every episode?
minimiauOct 12, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 12, 2017 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
This is anime is kinda bad.Ill watch one more ep. Chances to drop this are like 98%..But the opening "feed the fire" by coldrain is so amazing

Oct 12, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
Mayoiga 2 is showing its true face, soon it will achieve it’s final form and we will all be absorbed by the rapture.

this is mindnumbingly stupid and i love it…
Oct 12, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
Well... that was disappointing...

Mixing two timelines like this was a poor decision, it completely screws with the pacing and flow, and the past timeline loses most of its tension because we already know what's going to happen. Not to say it can't be done well, but this has already failed in that regard.

Natsuko switching so suddenly and drastically to such an exaggerated and over the top personality was jarring and irritating. That type of personality wouldn't be so bad if it was there from the start, or gradually developed over the series, or even used to more explosive effect a-la Higurashi... but as it is, it just feels random and hurts the series more than helps it.

At this point I think I'm going to keep watching just to see how deep this rabbit hole of poor decisions goes...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Oct 12, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
Ok so did the flashback just do a 180 from the original?
And damn Natsuko is worse.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 12, 2017 10:38 AM

May 2010
Dropping this because of the horrendous writing and the beyond annoying characters. This shit is digusting.
Oct 12, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2016
After watching 2nd episode -

Don't know how to react to this anime but my soul wants to laugh.
Oct 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck or Die: The Animation

okay no kidding though whoever's the king is a perverted asshole. I really wanna know who it is, why he targets specific classrooms etc. If they didn't have a phone would they still die? I think I would get rid of mine in this situation lol

Anyway, Natsuko's transformation was creepy af and kind of nonsensical so I hope it's explained later
Oct 12, 2017 10:44 AM
Jul 2017
Already from the second episode i can see that this anime just tries to do sp many things and just falls flat on it stupid face in doing so. Like Natsuko’s sudden personality change, they tried to make it out to be a cause of the death game, but they fail and it is for all intense and purposes just her having a mental disorder.
And all the characters, yes MC included, are just so fucking stupid it drives me nuts! MC is a little better than the rest of these puny twats, but even he lascks logic from time to time. Dont really think i need to specify whats wrong with the rest, just overreacting to everything this stupid plot could possibly throw at them.
Damn, had really high hopes for it after ep1 but now, its just rageinducinlgy bad. Lets hope im wrong and that the rest is straight up masterpieces (doubtfull)
Oct 12, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2017
Tokoya said:
Even though it's kinda weird, I think that the occasional flashbacks to the first game is pretty helpful, especially for the characterization of the MC because he was actually a pretty cool, normal, and active dude instead of the usual quiet wimp

I felt bad for the rich kid in the flashback but it makes me happy to know that the salty cunt that condemned him to death is dead because that whole scene was just disgusting to watch, and that bitch deserved to die for what he did to that poor kid

However the biggest shock and disappointment for me is the switch in personality of Natsuko.....I really liked her and I was even shipping her with the MC and hoping for her survival alongside him but now I'm hurt to see that she's just as awful as they can come :( If anyone deserves to die now its her tbh But I hate when stuff like this happens man >.< (I bet she's the king or involved with him somehow)

Pretty good episode overall imo though, I'm starting to like and understand the MC a lot more now once you see where he came from and what he went through......The OP was lit as well
Well the MC is a little weird as well, he went from «i dont care Natsuko just sleep with him» to «wait Natsuko, you cant have sex with him» in like less than one tenth of a second. But i do agree out of the entire class he is the one i would like not to get killed, the rest though, im hoping for fire for all of them.
Oct 12, 2017 10:52 AM
Apr 2017
It disgusts me to see humans abandoning their humanity and "destroy" whoever is in their path just to survive.
This anime is messed up. Not my thing. Droping before I get more disgusted.
Oct 12, 2017 10:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I swear I could've enjoyed this but holy fuck these characters are utterly appalling. I'm getting frustrated just watching these idiots

Also stop leaving people alone when it's basically the same as killing them off in these circumstances
Oct 12, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
Troll12345678966 said:
Tokoya said:

Well the MC is a little weird as well, he went from «i dont care Natsuko just sleep with him» to «wait Natsuko, you cant have sex with him» in like less than one tenth of a second. But i do agree out of the entire class he is the one i would like not to get killed, the rest though, im hoping for fire for all of them.

I don't think he cared about her having sex with him....just not in front of everybody else.

Oct 12, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2010
lol I revel in this shit. The OP is really good: "This is the eeeend ..." I wonder which is going to be more fucked up this season, this or Live or Evil.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 12, 2017 11:03 AM
Sep 2017
People does the guy who was getting beat up die at the end. I'm totally confused by that ending...
Oct 12, 2017 11:04 AM
Sep 2017
I feel Natsuko changing so rapidly made a lot of sense when you think about it, especially if you know about how she relates to things. I had a feeling with her being so friendly off the bat to him, helping him, and basically forcing her to obey the first command she was up to something.
Oct 12, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't quite understand that it was a flashback in the beginning so the first half of the episode I was like "wtf?"

And also that girl, well.. she definitely turned crazy lmao? Not as innocent and nice as she portrayed herself in the beginning
Oct 12, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't read the source material so I cannot say that this adaptation is good or bad. (Also only they released 2 episodes so far.)

I don't know why, but for me at least, I think this episode was really exciting. And obviously, Natsuko should have a reason to have that kind of sudden attitude. So that's why I don't want to jump conclusions and say that Natsuko is 'bad' or 'awful'.

Oct 12, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2016
lmao they are trying to adapt 2 manga at once
anyway not worth watching
dropped easy 1/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 12, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Kinda meh episode. I'm still gonna finish it only because I can't find Part 2 of the manga.

Speaking of Parts...I like how this studio is adapting the 2nd Part of the series over the 1st...and proceeds to adapt several chapters of Part 1 into Part 2. What? Why? I get that it's a flashback to drive the point home but at the same time I don't want to see constant flashbacks. I'm sure we'll get more as well and that annoys me. I fear that they'll try to shove all of Part 1 and 2 into one series.

Jumping from past to present over and over will just slow down the progression of the plot which will make it less interesting. Its like stepping on the gas pedal in your car, only to hit the brakes shortly after. If that's how it goes this series, it's going to be a bumpy ride. At least for the anime only viewers this will not frustrate them as much as it does me. I just want to know what happens in Part 2!

At least I am VERY interested in Natsuko. I read both the prequel and Part 1 and with what I know I'm looking forward on what will unfold with her.
TehSnawnOct 12, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 12, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
That OP song is so badass.

Looks like they adapted a few of first the source chapters as a flashback in this episode (the source is a prequel to this anime). From what I can tell they adapted it almost word for word, cutting out a few scenes here and there.

I think Natsuko's transformation was a little unbelievable, although I think the OP could've at least considered agreeing to her request rather than just spewing out that BS "I can't doing anything about that".

I'm definitely going to keep watching though as it's the only horror that interests me of the season.
Oct 12, 2017 11:17 AM
Jan 2012
I didn't except Natsu to have that personality it catch me off guard also the flashback was nice (than some other anime *gaugh* black clover *gough*), lets hope Mizuki does choose to send die to Natsu and that way she can save Teruaki it will be lame for him to die too because of one party being unable to comply cause they are dead unless he has to sex her dead body which i don't think it will go that far into darkness
Oct 12, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
characters showing their true colours... hmmm nice
Oct 12, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Well, that settles it. This is definitely far more cringy than the plot for Evil or Live.

You can only imagine what the psychological situation is of the author...

This anime doesn't even have the "confusingly nonsensical but interesting" thing going on like Mayoiga and Umineko did.

Bleeding out with no real attachment to the character means nothing, and with this being released only the season after what happened in Made in Abyss, it says a lot about shitty horror.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Oct 12, 2017 11:22 AM
May 2011
It sucks so much that out of all the times the coldrain even makes an op for a show.... they make one for this show T___T RIP

whats up with terrible anime not using their budget to hire decent writers and storyboarders but rather fantastic op music *sigh*

mixed feelings i mean lets face facts... we knew this was gonna be bad hell thats like half the reason most of us is here... just to see how the train wrecks...

The episode was bad.... but its not like we were expecting better... the real question is does the MC get the shit kicked out of him every episode...atleast in mayogia the characters had all different ways to easily recognize them wether its the voice or visual style but here everyone just kinda blends together into one big blob that is easy to label as "class" thats what tmade the flash backs kinda hared to recognize because the kid wearing the orange vest that i was like ... huh... is he new

anyway overall 4/10 episode coming from a 6/10 series im just waiting for a sex scene really.
Oct 12, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
So like a lot of people pointed out as expected, why the fuck would they listen to a psychotic bitch who was mints ago going into crazy mode and actually believe she was being attacked when she was the one that wanted him to come with her? are they just that dumb? Jesus that was cringe, these kids deserves to die.
So much for having high expectations for this, Nobuaki became a fucking wimp, he wasnt like this in the first game.

1/5
Oct 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
First episode was ok, this one started fine, then went to a hell hole, I'll give one more shot, if they don't explain why the fucking girl went full crazy for "no reason" at all this will be a quick drop. Also why every MC in japan doesn't like sex, I'm starting to think that all writers for shows like this are 6 year old virgins.
Oct 12, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
I'm guessing she
Nothing else comes to mind that would justify her sudden shift in personality.
Oct 12, 2017 11:42 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
The previous and the current class is shit, can't blame Nobuaki

Sande said:
I'm guessing she
Nothing else comes to mind that would justify her sudden shift in personality.

Doubt about that, she was trying to hook up at Nobuaki to find a way to survive the game. I also guess that's her real personality, her soft, caring character is just a facade since everything's going well for her.
AntagonizedOct 12, 2017 11:50 AM
Oct 12, 2017 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
One of the worst episodes of the season so far. Dropped.
Oct 12, 2017 11:45 AM

May 2014
Well, too bad the flashbacks weren't quite accurate. But, about Natsuko going crazy, I think it's not all that weird, really. I am not going to watch ep 1 again for the little details, but from certain detail it had, I can actually see her going crazy.

And as for the class, pretty straightforward: she is the center of the class, so everyone is basically blinded by her, I guess.

Overall, obviously enough not as good as the original Ousama Game (just plain Ousama Game), and I do not know how to compare it to Shuukyoku, since I didn't read that, but regardless, it was okay.
Oct 12, 2017 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like i was right in the previous episode thread when i said this is going to be a frustrating watch. This episode was full of stupidity from everyone. I understand this is a scary situation but irrationally yelling and arguing isn't going to make anything better. Oh and it turns out Natsuko is actually a piece of shit. Go figure.

The only decent part of the episode was the flashback, but the end of it was beyond stupid. Did they seriously think the King's punishment was magically removed because he didn't die right away? Come on guys, delayed reactions are a thing, you can't seriously be that foolish.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 12, 2017 11:52 AM
Jan 2016
This whole show seems like an excuse to satisfy the author's NTR fetish.
Oct 12, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
This getting interesting huh

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.