Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Abema does it again and airs the episode earlier than the expected airing date. This is slice of life anime so I'm giving it a go (since I love slice of life genre). So basically, two girls were alone in a world full of metal and snow. They drive a motorbike like tank and wanders around. Yuuki even uses a rifle and tin cans to target practice and even ask if a tank is delicious LOL

Kitan~!
Oct 2, 2017 8:48 AM

Aug 2016
vicexxv said:
Abema does it again and airs the episode earlier than the expected airing date.
wait, wut? are you saying this is already watchable? I thought it was going to air in like 4 days
Oct 2, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
coenraed said:
vicexxv said:
Abema does it again and airs the episode earlier than the expected airing date.
wait, wut? are you saying this is already watchable? I thought it was going to air in like 4 days

Yep. Abema tv airs episode 1 earlier
Kitan~!
Oct 2, 2017 11:06 PM

May 2013
i don't know, but i think the hungry girl is pretty serious gonna shoot the other girl if they have fight over the food.
Oct 3, 2017 6:47 PM

Nov 2016
Not bad a episode I interested to see if it was going to have School-Live! vibes but it seems quiet and melancholy instead.

Has a 90s feel to it which I like, hand drawn backgrounds and an introspective character driven story the only nod towards modernity is both characters have faces like they were made out of bread with the lifeless eyes of sharks or serial killers which is a strange combination but it works.
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Oct 4, 2017 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
Interesting comparison; sometimes I think shark faces are cute. :D

The vehicle is a Kettenkrad, yet another example of Japanese interest in Germany. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_2
Oct 5, 2017 3:31 AM
Jul 2013
I have known it's gonna air on Abema but coudn't find the episode on the internet, can anyone give me a link?
Oct 5, 2017 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
Annactor said:
I have known it's gonna air on Abema but coudn't find the episode on the internet, can anyone give me a link?

I already send a message to you
Kitan~!
Oct 5, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
finally some "make anime great again"
Oct 5, 2017 9:33 PM
Feb 2017
Episode was great, better then I expected. The chapters in the manga are quite fast and the manga is still on-going. I was expecting a 3 or 12 minutes lenght. This is going to be awesome.
Oct 6, 2017 12:51 AM

Oct 2011
Getting Made in Abyss vibe. Hope nothing happens to them....omg she pointed her gun at her
Oct 6, 2017 12:53 AM

Apr 2012
It was something. I did not expect to see how Inori will be robbed by her own friend with gun, and then Inori will beat her. And if seriously, after the first viewing, it seems that the anime will be quite philosophical.

Oct 6, 2017 12:56 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Getting Made in Abyss vibe. Hope nothing happens to them....omg she pointed her gun at her

I thought that this should indicate how innocently children begin to treat weapons in a war or post-war situation.
Oct 6, 2017 4:19 AM
Oct 2010
I've known about the manga for a long time but haven't bothered to read yet. The first episode is amazing.
Oct 6, 2017 5:41 AM

Aug 2017
RobertBobert said:
It was something. I did not expect to see how Inori will be robbed by her own friend with gun, and then Inori will beat her. And if seriously, after the first viewing, it seems that the anime will be quite philosophical.

Indeed, it was definitely something. Seems like a nice breath of fresh air in the SoL genre. It's interesting and I hope it will be quite philosophical as you said.
Oct 6, 2017 5:58 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Was interesting. I will wait for the 2nd to decide if watching it.

Oct 6, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2014
I seriously thought some real shit was about to go down when the blonde pointed her gun at her friend for the last of the food.

Seems like a pretty interesting start, and the general vibe of the show seems similar to Made in Abyss, so I'm looking forward to this.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 6, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2012
Vulpamor said:
RobertBobert said:

Indeed, it was definitely something. Seems like a nice breath of fresh air in the SoL genre. It's interesting and I hope it will be quite philosophical as you said.

Well, the atmosphere is already set from the first episode, so I thought that it would come out on the hard seven or eight at least.
Oct 6, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
oh my that was cute <3

didn't expect the gun scene tho lmao + i feel uncomfortable that chi can't wash off yuu's saliva

i feel like this can be one of my fave shows considering that both mcs are really lovable <3

still life: pink roses
Oct 6, 2017 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga awhile ago and have been anticipating for this ever since it was announced.

Solid start with the setting and music (I think that's one of the more noticable parts tbh). It takes a little time to accept the character visuals imo but was easy for me. We got an adventure of two girls journeying through a strange world. I love their character chemistry so far even from the first episode.

White Fox is doing a decent job so far with producing this.
Oct 6, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
That was great, It was simple, charming yet melancholic.

Them saliva scenes, Gross but useful? XD
Love both the girls already and they've got a nice dynamic going on. :)

When Yuuri pulled the gun move, I was actually super surprised for a moment. xD
Soundtrack was great as well, looking forward to more.
Oct 6, 2017 8:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... something

A bit too iyashikei-like for my preferences perhaps but certainly with a much more interesting setting than most shows of that genre. Really needs some sort of backstory though

Hope it won't just be episodic stuff like this throughout though; this premise is too interesting to not utilize for something more continuous story-wise imo
Oct 6, 2017 8:10 AM

Nov 2016
The moment Yuuri pointed the gun at Chito I was like, damn wtf ?

Good start, I like the concept of an adventure, comedy, slice of life in this post apocalyptic setting.

The character designs are charming and the mix of melancholy and some light hearted moments is working well. Color palette and OST emphasized, the gloomy mood,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2017 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
"Cute girls doing cute post apocalyptic things"

Character design looks good, story seems interesting ? those lines that are questioning war are little too much and Kafuu Chino is the MC.

Let's see what will this be in the end.
Oct 6, 2017 8:13 AM
Jan 2016
I liked the relaxing and emotional background music. It's early for me to decide but so fat I really like it.
Oct 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
I was expecting something dark and gritty and got a comfy show really cute and calming. I hoped nothing bad happen to them and it stay the way it is.
Oct 6, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good first episode. It's a nice set up for the world and characters. The music is great. Yuuri and Chito have good chemistry. I was surprised Yuuri pointed her gun at Chito, but I knew she wasn't being serious. Looking forward to see more.
Oct 6, 2017 8:28 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This is just beautiful! I've been very excited for this ever since I've watched the PV's, but the first episode absolutely impressed me! As far as I remember, those were the first two chapters adapted, but the pacing has been alright so far.

Cute character design, clean animation, and beautiful scenery. But the most important thing is the character interactions between Chito and Yuuri. So sweet, both are funny, so that makes them fun to watch and very likable. Music is so relaxing. Really lifts up the mood and helps set up the atmosphere of a post-apocalyptic Earth where civilization is dead.

Inori Minase and Yurika Kubo.....that's like Hestia-sama and Loki from Danmachi together in a world with no more humans. xP Nah! I'm already happy to listen to Rem's and Chino's voice in this anime. x)

I love the manga and now I love the anime! My most anticipated anime has been looking great so far! Will definitely stay as my favorite from this season, seriously. x) Honestly, this is the only anime I'm overly hyped about from this season which I'd love to wait for weekly. Not really planning to watch plenty of new shows this season tbh. >_>
LunyRemOct 6, 2017 8:44 AM
Oct 6, 2017 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
This show... I'm calling it from here, this is going to be my favourite anime of the whole season by a long shot. The animation fits so well, characters are funny, a beautiful world to explore, only two people left on the planet... I could go on for ages! Forgot to mention, it's also made by my favourite anime studio, White Fox.
Oct 6, 2017 8:36 AM

Jan 2017
The soundtrack was amazing! I thought the episode itself was okay actually.
Oct 6, 2017 8:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This was pretty good. Setting, story and music are top notch. The pointing rifle scene indicates a certain gravity to proceedings that might become the norm later on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2017 8:57 AM

Mar 2016
okay, that was really really good
Oct 6, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2016
The animation looked a bit janky at times and there's some weird cg here and there, but otherwise the adaptation is pretty good so far. I wish they did the backgrounds in the same style as the author, but i guess we can't have everything
Oct 6, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
"No idea what chocolate is, though"

This is the most adorably depressing thing ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm it seemed simple but let's see how it unfolds
Oct 6, 2017 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow this I didn't see coming at all. Art, music and atmosphere are really good. I also love the way these two interact.

And yes that moment when the blonde haired girl pulled the gun on the other girl was quite the intense moment and it shows how different kids would react in a situation like that.

Oct 6, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2015
I thought this episode was pretty good. I like the contrast between the gritty war setting, and the cute moe girls. The character animation was also note-worthy.

Oct 6, 2017 9:36 AM
Mar 2016
Chito should've have picked up the Tokarev lying on the floor of the Tu Bear, so it kinda looks like that this is gonna be one very boring anime, so I'll bear it up to ep 5.
Oct 6, 2017 9:39 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Good job with adaptation overall this episode with a bit of the backstory included, I felt the episode went by fast. The art looks nice and the soundtrack was great.
AntagonizedOct 6, 2017 9:49 AM
Oct 6, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2016
I'm very curious about this anime.
Really not a fan of this kind of character design, but well...the music is beautiful and the setting got me hooked.

Was worried though about the scene with the rations (the "sharing") @@ hope this is not a foreshadowing
Oct 6, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2016
The moment I saw the characters, it immediately reminded me of Made In Abyss and somehow I'm scared that it might hurt me like what MIA did to me. Lmfao. Please my heart have had enough. Hahaha. ;-;

When that blonde pointed the gun at that other girl, I lost my shit. Jesus. That was not a good joke, you bastard! Forfucksake. That scared the shit outta me.

Apparently, this is after some sort of war, huh?

Honestly in loved with the animation and the character design (thanks MIA). Eeek. And that OP and ED, though. That was so beautiful and so calming.

I'm so intrigued and I want to see more of this anime. Can't wait for the next episode. 9/10 already. Hahaha. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 6, 2017 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
Gotta say I am a bit confused about the tone of this show.
It was silly then it got serious then it got silly again...
It was an interesting first ep and the synopsis got me interested so I'll keep watching.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 6, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2013
Comfy post apocalyptic sol.
Oct 6, 2017 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
So this show seems to be pretty heavily atmosphere-oriented, and the music and art are definitely suited for that. Unfortunately the only other notable thing that happened this episode is Yuuri fuckin about to blow Chito's brains out over the last chocolate bar. I intend to keep following this show because the premise interests me, but I don't consider art and music too much when rating shows.
Oct 6, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2016
If you like made from abyss, I have a feeling you'll like this too :D

For the most part it was very lighthearted, except for the war flash backs and when she pointed the gun at a friend (thought she was gonna shoot her lol).

Love the sound track, overall good first episode.
Oct 6, 2017 10:49 AM
Jan 2015
My kind of show, I really hope they keep the simplicity and don’t add in too much other stuff.
Oct 6, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2016
This has a lot of potential. Post-apocalyptic and a calm atmosphere. Likeable main characters that can snap at any moment apparently. Seems fitting for the category I came up with 'Enjoy the Ride anime'. What's important while traveling is the act of traveling itself and not the destination. I'll be enjoying this atmospheric journey every week!

The moment Yuuri actually pointed the gun towards Chito was very tense. Great contrast between cuteness/innocence with war/survival.

So far one of the seasonal anime with the most potential.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 6, 2017 10:57 AM
Sep 2012
Many people skipped Made in Abyss in the first place because of the artstyle but personally I'm drawn to it for that reason. Same case for this new anime. Nice atmosphere with fitting artstyle and music direction. Dunno why, cute artstyle with detailed background is my thing now.. And really loved the interaction between Yuuri and Chito. Also, first anime I've watched this season.

Looking forward to their next episode!
AuthraOct 6, 2017 11:27 AM
Oct 6, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
That was surprisingly great. Very atmospheric and well paced. Loved the world and the characters. Music was very fitting as well, this is going to be a great watch.
:3
Oct 6, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2016
TheDoggoneGirl said:
The moment I saw the characters, it immediately reminded me of Made In Abyss and somehow I'm scared that it might hurt me like what MIA did to me. Lmfao. Please my heart have had enough. Hahaha. ;-;

When that blonde pointed the gun at that other girl, I lost my shit. Jesus. That was not a good joke, you bastard! Forfucksake. That scared the shit outta me.

Apparently, this is after some sort of war, huh?

Honestly in loved with the animation and the character design (thanks MIA). Eeek. And that OP and ED, though. That was so beautiful and so calming.

I'm so intrigued and I want to see more of this anime. Can't wait for the next episode. 9/10 already. Hahaha. :D

This show is NOT made in abyss. This one actually stays light hearted (though in this one there are a lot of depressing undertones) for the whole time. it's an iyashikei, aka a relaxing show.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

234 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 29, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

124 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 28, 9:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.