Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 3, 2017 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I can't help but hate cancerous fanbases that would disregard any legitimate criticism and rate 10/10 even before watching the goddamn show.
I really like monogatari but I dislike its die hard fanbase,
FMAB is okay but in no way, shape or form deserves to be in the top 10.
I liked gintama until 2015-16 season when I realized the author uses the same formula for every single fucking arc and decided to drop it. it felt repetitive.
gurren lagan, a normal action shonen for kids. I see why this show would appeal to kids, but the fanbase treats it like its the second coming of jesus or some shit.
cowboy bebop. okay this show is truly terrible. especially that ending. so damn stupid I can't believe this gets this much praise. it is mediocre at best...
gintama and gurren lagan fans are the most cancerous in the anime comunity IMO.
a lot of these shows' scores are inflated by either nostalgia or by sheep who like what everyone else likes, societal pressure not to have "shit taste". some legitimately like it it's okay but all the anime in this list are extremely overrated. yes, including monogatari
are you happy now? I hate them all, OP.
removed-userOct 3, 2017 4:57 PM
Oct 3, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
I've never seen Gintama so can't comment on whether it deserves praise or not. But I think people should rate anime based on their opinion of that anime alone, rather than trying to compare it to other series.
Oct 3, 2017 5:39 PM

Aug 2016

and that´s the problem with people like you

"Too many plebs and hypocrites"
"I've looked at their profiles and they got mean score of 7 and 8 and have cancer in their tops. Lmao"

well, yes, I agree giving it a 1 simply because the fanbase is annoying is simply stupid, but your post isn´t acually helping . your "lmao" doesn´t sound sincere, yours is a simple rant. you can´t fight fire with fire.

:v
Oct 3, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2016
Ty just reminded me about new season, love gintama no idea why people dislike it.
Oct 3, 2017 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
Oh wow, an edgelord who doesn't agree with other people's opinions, how original....
Oct 3, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2015
The obsession with scores and ratings on here is laughable. And people are allowed to 'hate on' whatever the hell they want as long as they aren't hurting anybody. There is always that one person who thinks they hold the right to demand people to stop doing something. You didn't create Gintama so you are not affected by people's hate on it.

OP said:
Ty just reminded me about new season, love gintama no idea why people dislike it.

Maybe people don't particularly like Gintama's brand of comedy. Gintama is like the Family Guy of anime. It's not afraid to go where many other anime don't dare to go.
ArillionOct 3, 2017 6:25 PM
Oct 3, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2016
Punpun3 said:
I can't help but hate cancerous fanbases that would disregard any legitimate criticism and rate 10/10 even before watching the goddamn show.
I liked gintama until 2015-16 season when I realized the author uses the same formula for every single fucking arc and decided to drop it. it felt repetitive.
gurren lagan, a normal action shonen for kids. I see why this show would appeal to kids, but the fanbase treats it like its the second coming of jesus or some shit.
cowboy bebop. okay this show is truly terrible. especially that ending. so damn stupid I can't believe this gets this much praise. it is mediocre at best...
a lot of these shows' scores are inflated by either nostalgia or by sheep who like what everyone else likes, societal pressure not to have "shit taste". some legitimately like it it's okay but all the anime in this list are extremely overrated. yes, including monogatari

I swear this is a bait.
Seriously, how can you hate so much?

I think BestGuyEver's gurren lagann videos will give you some insight into why people like the series so much.

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbnEBW8PZ_k

Oct 3, 2017 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
The real question here is, why do you even take the ratings seriously? this is called "MY"AnimeList not WorldWideAnimeList.
Oct 3, 2017 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
Ari_the_Lioness said:
The obsession with scores and ratings on here is laughable. And people are allowed to 'hate on' whatever the hell they want as long as they aren't hurting anybody. There is always that one person who thinks they hold the right to demand people to stop doing something. You didn't create Gintama so you are not affected by people's hate on it.

OP said:

Maybe people don't particularly like Gintama's brand of comedy. Gintama is like the Family Guy of anime. It's not afraid to go where many other anime don't dare to go.

That is what I thought about panties and stocking with garterbelt,

the reason my friend gave for not watching gintama is that it is to long however he has rewatched naruto twice owo so.... Gintama is really funny loved the spoof episodes like 24 hours police one.
Oct 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Jan 2015
OP said:

That is what I thought about panties and stocking with garterbelt,

the reason my friend gave for not watching gintama is that it is to long however he has rewatched naruto twice owo so.... Gintama is really funny loved the spoof episodes like 24 hours police one.

Gintama has it's funny moments. I dropped it but decided to give it another chance. To be honest, this anime just confuses me. It references a lot of shows I haven't watched. But I like the characters so I continue to watch. And I'm enjoying it. I wouldn't say, FOR ME, the best, but it's definitely not the worst. And I'm just speaking for me.

Edit: Spelling, blah
Oct 3, 2017 6:46 PM

May 2015
Punpun3 said:

I don't see any legitimate criticism.

Oct 3, 2017 7:03 PM

Oct 2014
It balances out the amount of mindless people giving the show a 10/10 before it even began airing.
Oct 3, 2017 8:25 PM

Feb 2016
The rankings have always been a joke and has always had inaccuracies in its rankings. The only list people should care about is their own.
Oct 3, 2017 8:48 PM

Aug 2016
Don't mind them, just remember that 4 other gintama's are on top 10 ^_^

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 3, 2017 9:53 PM

May 2015
Light- said:
It balances out the amount of mindless people giving the show a 10/10 before it even began airing.

At least the 10's are legitimate. All of the 1's are complete bs.

Oct 3, 2017 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
OP complains about people rating gintama with 1 to lower it's ranking, yet he does the same to other top ranking anime. ?????
Oct 3, 2017 10:52 PM

Jul 2017
Punpun3 said:
OP complains about people rating gintama with 1 to lower it's ranking, yet he does the same to other top ranking anime. ?????
Did I score 1s on FMAB ? No I didnt rate them all 1s unlike the toxic kids of the gintama haters . When Food Wars and Black Clover got more 10s before air everyone was ok but when Gintama everyone was mad and rate 1s like the pathetic sad no-life troll they are
Oct 3, 2017 10:58 PM
Sep 2017
I don't have time to sit though 100+
Of bland unfunny comedy

#notsorry

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 3, 2017 11:01 PM
Aug 2017
Punpun3 said:
Punpun3 said:
Not as bad as re zero that's show really fucking pathetic. All the kc done is die so the story got long its is the most terrible anime of the century
Oct 3, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2017
gnuk79_Slayer said:
Punpun3 said:
Punpun3 said:
Not as bad as re zero that's show really fucking pathetic. All the kc done is die so the story got long its is the most terrible anime of the century
Re:Zero fan are the worse , the anime suck and overrated
Oct 3, 2017 11:03 PM
Dec 2015
Gintama is the only brutally honest anime and tells how studios work.
It's way entertaining than any anime and feels refreshing every time and the only reason people crying about, is cause they kept there brains in freezer.
Oct 3, 2017 11:04 PM

Mar 2016
Kittens-kun said:
Light- said:

How can people rate anime without watching it?
kikiabdullOct 3, 2017 11:08 PM
Oct 3, 2017 11:04 PM

Jul 2017
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Of bland unfunny comedy

#notsorry
For someone who score 10s on Food Wars before it air is a great idea for a boring anime .

P.S. Without Gintama parody it the anime would suck big time
Oct 3, 2017 11:06 PM
Sep 2017
Shiroyasha_97 said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Of bland unfunny comedy

#notsorry
For someone who score 10s on Food Wars before it air is a great idea for a boring anime .

Food wars is airing like right now which is why it has a 10

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 3, 2017 11:17 PM

May 2015
kikiabdull said:
Kittens-kun said:

The people that have actually watched this far know exactly what they're getting with this season. It's just more of the same old Gintama. They would have given it a 10 anyway.

Oct 4, 2017 1:23 AM

Jul 2017
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:

Food wars is airing like right now which is why it has a 10
Even before it air it get like 100 10s . Overrated
Oct 4, 2017 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
@Punpun3

Oh did shomeone hurt you, lemmy kish you, come here, little punpun-poo, I'll kish you in the ouchie and it'll stop hurting.

Also for your knowledge none of what you said counts as legitimate criticism.
removed-userOct 4, 2017 2:15 AM
Oct 4, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
is gintama good i mean i might watch it one day
Oct 4, 2017 7:30 AM

Feb 2010
kikiabdull said:
Kittens-kun said:

But people have been watching Gintama for hundreds of episodes, it being a bunch of different entries is just a formality, it could just as well be like One Piece and then nobody would complain that people rate it 10/10 after loving it for hundreds of episodes even though they haven't seen all the future episodes yet.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 4, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
I don't care about Gintama anymore, but these butthurt weeaboos really need to grow a pair and a brain, this whining they do is getting old. What's the difference between a punkass and a weeaboo? oh, I forgot! who cares?! the fact is that they're both moody and immature, what most of you guys on this site are. On a side note, there are too many weeaboos (like most of you guys) crying about anime, ruining and polluting the internet.
Oct 4, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
I tried it but wasn't impressed. I was quite bored. And Kagura is gross.

I do like the first OP but that singer hasn't done a single song I dislike anyway. lol

Oct 4, 2017 8:42 AM

Sep 2017
No matter what haters do,this season of gintama too is going to end up in at least top 10.In their face!!
Oct 4, 2017 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
Pullman said:
kikiabdull said:

But people have been watching Gintama for hundreds of episodes, it being a bunch of different entries is just a formality, it could just as well be like One Piece and then nobody would complain that people rate it 10/10 after loving it for hundreds of episodes even though they haven't seen all the future episodes yet.

But in your statement people rate One Piece because they've watched some episodes.

So people rate Gintama season that hasn't aired based on the previous seasons?
Oct 4, 2017 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
People can hate it all they want, there's always haters for everything. They won't make me enjoy Gintama any less.
(Although I think all Gintama series should be taken as one imo, there's 4 Gintama in top 10 lol.)
Oct 4, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2015
NormalKiller said:
People can hate it all they want, there's always haters for everything. They won't make me enjoy Gintama any less.
(Although I think all Gintama series should be taken as one imo, there's 4 Gintama in top 10 lol.)
And that's the problem, there should be 10 Gintama in the top 10.

Another issue is the people that clearly haven't watched the prequels and probably not even this season but put it as completed than rate a 1, many of those 1s aren't genuine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 9:27 AM

Mar 2008
hating an anime because of its position on ranking is sooo 2014.
Oct 4, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
I don't hate Gintama, but I can see the point OP is trying to make. Every time there is a new Gintama anime, it's automatically a high 8 or 9 most of the time, so there's no doubt that some people get tired of it being rated so highly like wildfire.
Oct 4, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2016
Gintama is the best FMAB IN MY OPINION is a HIGHLY OVERRATED ANIME
Oct 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
bruh everyone loves Gintama shush shush bro
Oct 4, 2017 1:20 PM

Aug 2016
well stop the loving on Gintama then (jk, I don't care either way)
Oct 4, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2017
I don't see much hate towards Gintama, I mean if there was then it there would be 7 different Gintama titles in top 20 MAL list right?

Oct 4, 2017 1:25 PM
Jun 2016
Gintama is the anime equivalent of Family Guy, with it's retarded pop culture references, yet weeaboos like everyone in this thread still find it superior because it's not animated by whito piggos.
'ate gundam
Oct 4, 2017 1:52 PM
Jun 2016
"hey lois remember the time i met char aznable from the anime series mobile suit gundam haha get it because this clashes with the ancient japan setting hehe fricken sweet lois hehe shut up meg"

'ate gundam
Oct 4, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
kikiabdull said:
Pullman said:

But in your statement people rate One Piece because they've watched some episodes.

So people rate Gintama season that hasn't aired based on the previous seasons?

Well if you don't understand my point I can't make you. I'm not gonna explain myself twice if you didn't get it the first time. Go on, get hung up on pointless formalities then.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 4, 2017 2:15 PM

Jun 2015
please like the things I like guys xd

Oct 4, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2017
i don't really hate Gintama but i don't think it really deserves it's spot but c'mon who tf cares just let ppl hate whatever they want

Oct 4, 2017 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
Personally, I don't think a single series with multiple parts like Gintama should be able to monopolize the top 10 spots like it does. That's just how I feel about it though.
Oct 4, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2015
Stop overrating it first, then we can talk about it

And its people like you who makes us hate gintama fans, i dont recall any bullshitting around monogatari or fma or your name... its always you gintama fanboys who get butthurt how your average show is nothing special and overrated. Stop whining
Oct 4, 2017 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Gintama is a shitty series so why shouldnt people complain about it, I watched like 10 episodes of it and it was fucking awful didnt laugh even once.

romagia said:
Maou_heika said:
When fans rate a series with 9 or 10 even before it starts airing then they were asking for it, it stands out too much. It's basically the pot calling the kettle black. I didn't even know Gintama had taken the no. 1 spot before reading this post.
it's at #7 now
dissapointing tbh.. i expected more 10s from gintama fans
I doubt this season is gonna stay 9+ to be honest, since its basically just adapting leftovers some of which apparently are pretty meh I dont think even with gintama's loyal fanboys its gonna be upvoted to hell, its probably gonna only be 12 episodes cause of saiki kun airing in january so its not gonna have anything substantial in it. Even stuff like enchouden had what was generally considered the best serious arc at the time for half of it, this new one will just be scraps.

Granted I thought the rakyou arc was one of the weakest serious arcs in the show and that still has a 9+ so who knows.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2017 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
people hate Gintama? wow i'm out of it
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

41 by AverageRiceFan »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
22 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.