Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 2, 2017 11:18 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Yeah I feel you OP. I havent even really gotten into the series but people hating on it only because its always in the top isn't a justifiable excuse.

Like, they need to understand that fans love this series for a reason. It doesnt matter if you want the MAL top list to be diverse or what not. People who really get upset over this should just deal with it.
Oct 2, 2017 12:12 PM

Jan 2017
you and the trolls who downvote highly ranked series should grow the fuck up. hollyshit this site is full of idiots.
Oct 2, 2017 12:18 PM

Jan 2016
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Really the whole " Hey another Gintama got rank no1 above FMAB let act like bunch of toxic kids and hate on something we didn`t even bother to watch "

All the review on Gintama is all calling Gintama the worst fanbase in the universe . So do you think FMAB fanbase is the best that they score 1s on Your Name and Owarimonogatari 2nd Season because it got above FMAB . Who care if it above FMAB , other anime deserve to be above FMAB .

And dont use the excuse " But Gintama fanboys downvote HXH , FMAB , and other anime to get aboev the rank list " . Try compare all the 1s on Gintama and other anime . Really I dont force you to like Gintama but stop scoring 1s without watching it mainly because it above FMAB . This is why MAL ranking are not the best because it filled with troll hater who downvote any anime that are on top
People hate on Gintama because its bad. What’s wrong with hating on something bad?
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Oct 2, 2017 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
What a wonderful community we have.
Oct 2, 2017 12:32 PM

Apr 2016
It's nostalgic how a similar thread made me watch gintama, just to find out what the whole deal about it was.

To those who are curious, the end result: i have watched some 215+ eps over a few months. The show is pretty good, my second favourite as of now. It is not just a comedy, it has many of the genres anime can offer, and the stories are really good, but i absolutely can't tolerate the toilet humour, so i just skip it... Other than that, it is amazing.. :) a must watch, i might add..

Overall i think fmab>gintama (whatever i have seen of it) but somehow gintama is higher up in my favourite list..
Oct 2, 2017 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Black_Flower_1 said:
People hate on Gintama because its bad. What’s wrong with hating on something bad?

Must really rub you the wrong way to see something so bad near the top, huh?

Wanna have a good cry?
Oct 2, 2017 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
Im waiting for the day that any SAO sequel get's the TOP 1. Imagine all the MAL users getting triggered lul
Oct 2, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
Hating on anime is childish and pathetic to begin with. Regardless of which anime you're talking about.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 2, 2017 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
Well, on one hand if we keep getting Gintama sequels every year I can see this turning into MyGintamaList rather than MyAnimeList just like one user said. The top 20 will be just Gintama and nothing else. Also the Gintama fanboys are quite toxic, giving 10's to the sequels even before they air, not to mention that if someone says they don't like it or speaks against it, that person will most likely get crucified by the fanboys since according to them Gintama is a "holy gift from God" and nobody is allowed to speak against it. Basically The Witcher 3 of anime, though i'd say the same thing about Jojo as well. On the other hand the FMAB fanboys are also toxic thinking that it deserves no.1 and nothing else does, everything is inferior to that holy masterpiece. I mean, look what happened with Kimi no Nawa, the moment it took 1st place people gave it 1's and called it overrated only so FMAB could take the top again. So yeah, both sides are toxic and I say fuck them.
Oct 2, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
The solution is so simple. We'll have always have this issue. We'll always have more threads like these. We'll always have unnecessary fights with fanboys on MAL.

I made a thread about how it can be solved.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1669880&show=0#post1
Oct 2, 2017 1:16 PM

Aug 2014
Vlad4o said:
Well, on one hand if we keep getting Gintama sequels every year I can see this turning into MyGintamaList rather than MyAnimeList just like one user said. The top 20 will be just Gintama and nothing else. Also the Gintama fanboys are quite toxic, giving 10's to the sequels even before they air, not to mention that if someone says they don't like it or speaks against it, that person will most likely get crucified by the fanboys since according to them Gintama is a "holy gift from God" and nobody is allowed to speak against it. Basically The Witcher 3 of anime, though i'd say the same thing about Jojo as well. On the other hand the FMAB fanboys are also toxic thinking that it deserves no.1 and nothing else does, everything is inferior to that holy masterpiece. I mean, look what happened with Kimi no Nawa, the moment it took 1st place people gave it 1's and called it overrated only so FMAB could take the top again. So yeah, both sides are toxic and I say fuck them.
Every fanbase has people who act like their show is the holy grail of anime, Gintama is definitely not the only one and far from the worst one in that regard aswell. Besides it's a nothing more than a ranking system on some random online site, why the fuck does it matter if some show you don't like is taking the top spots? At the end of the day, everyone who complains about it is just being silly; it's a meaningless list people, stop acting like it's the deciding factor for what is good and bad.
Oct 2, 2017 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
Gintama is a good show and all but somethings that are obnoxious are people giving that new season a perfect 10 despite it not even being finished, this goes for all shows. The other thing that is irritating is how much space this one series takes up, sure maybe give the movie a separate slot, but at this rate, the all of the top 50 is just gonna be Gintama.

Of course, I'm exaggerating but considering the whole point of top anime list is to find new anime, it's kind of hard to do that when a lot of it is filled up with one single show. This goes for other shows as well but MAL has taken it to new heights with Gintama.
Oct 2, 2017 1:27 PM

Apr 2016
Snappynator said:
Vlad4o said:
Every fanbase has people who act like their show is the holy grail of anime, Gintama is definitely not the only one and far from the worst one in that regard aswell. Besides it's a nothing more than a ranking system on some random online site, why the fuck does it matter if some show you don't like is taking the top spots? At the end of the day, everyone who complains about it is just being silly; it's a meaningless list people, stop acting like it's the deciding factor for what is good and bad.

I don't care that much about it, just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter. And it's not like I actively hate on series I don't like, in my opinion it's pointless. But I'm tired of these rabid fanboys who think their series is the best thing to ever happen since sliced bread and who think they are right and everyone that doesn't agree with them is wrong. You can't have a civil discussion without one of them ruining it. But then again, it's silly of me to think someone can have a civil discussion on the internet.
Oct 2, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
DragonSenpai_ said:
Im waiting for the day that any SAO sequel get's the TOP 1. Imagine all the MAL users getting triggered lul
That would be beautiful to see, unfortunately, considering how much people despise SAO, is probably not going to happen.
Oct 2, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2016
Shit is funny I didnt even know Gintama had so much hate
Oct 2, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2015

HaXXspetten said:
Yes the 100 people illegitimately giving it a 1/10 without even seeing it are definitely a problem

However, the almost 2000 people giving it a 10/10 before it even started aren't a whole lot better

It's a double-edged sword

The 10's at least make sense. A fan that has already rated everything else in the series a 10 knows what they'll be getting with this season. They were going to rate it a 10 anyway.

Oct 2, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
DragonSenpai_ said:
That would be beautiful to see, unfortunately, considering how much people despise SAO, is probably not going to happen.
I will make all the accounts necessary to see it happens. #makeSAOgreatagain
Oct 2, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2013
I don't understand why people are complaining about Gintama, it's a really funny show. As for the rankings, I myself don't really care. It's all meaningless to me because it's constantly changing. Just ignore the haters and go enjoy your show lmao
Oct 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
Kittens-kun said:

HaXXspetten said:
Yes the 100 people illegitimately giving it a 1/10 without even seeing it are definitely a problem

However, the almost 2000 people giving it a 10/10 before it even started aren't a whole lot better

It's a double-edged sword

The 10's at least make sense. A fan that has already rated everything else in the series a 10 knows what they'll be getting with this season. They were going to rate it a 10 anyway.

Yeah it's just an expression of gleeful anticipation by fans who've rated hundreds of episodes of Gintama 10/10 so far and can safely assume that won't change all of a sudden with this new season. And it doesn't even matter since it's gonna be like that anyway once the show starts airing. It's literally a non-issue. I mean the downvoters aren't a big issue either by any means, but it's definitely more of a problem.

A bunch of people in this thread calling the fanbase 'toxic' just because they express their enjoyment, I don't get it. These people obviously don't know what 'toxic' even means.

"extremely harsh, malicious, or harmful" (Mirriam Webster)
"Used to describe a person who is tainted by a subconscious malevolence or psychosis that affects the lifes of those who come into contact with them." (Urban Dictionary)

It's the opposite of fans of a franchise expressing their love for it. There's nothing malicious and no ill-intent when people rate Gintama highly. But there definitely is in those hateful downvoters so if someone seriously tries to put those two actions on the same level that just makes them sound like on of those haters in disguise if being hateful and spiteful (towards gintama) is being seen as the moral equivalent of expressing your love and enjoyment for something you're a fan of in a generally inoffensive and passive way.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 2, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2013
DragonSenpai_ said:
Illyricus said:
I will make all the accounts necessary to see it happens. #makeSAOgreatagain
May your campaign have suceess and prosperity, my friend.
Oct 2, 2017 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Heh.
How can I hate on Gintama if I've never watched it and don't really plan on watching it?
Oct 2, 2017 3:21 PM

May 2016
No! Let's tear Gintama down! It pushed Steins;Gate off the Top 5 XD
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 2, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 2017
I don't hate Gintama. I just don't watch it enough. Should I?

Oct 2, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
It wasn't easy smuggling all this salt to MAL, but we did it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 6:42 PM

Aug 2016
You know I always see threads with people hating on people who dislike Gintama being most of the top 10 every time a new season comes out. But other than people joking I don't remember ever seeing a legitimate hate about it. (And who gives a shit about the top anime on mal anyway let alone what other people think about the top anime on mal)
Oct 2, 2017 7:11 PM
Nov 2016
I've seen very few people hate on Gintama, and honestly they do for such little reasons it doesn't even matter.

Oct 2, 2017 7:25 PM

Aug 2015
Just looked it up... what the fuck. The first episode aired yesterday, how in the fuck is it already at rank 4?
I don't care which anime are in the top list, 90% of them are either way garbage, but can you please watch a good amount of episodes or even better rate it when it ends?

I heard that gintama is a good anime, but the genres kinda put me off.
Oct 2, 2017 7:29 PM

Sep 2015
what if i rated gintama low because i don't know... i didn't like it.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 2, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
DragonSenpai_ said:

Not really, I'm shock to see sao ordinal is rated 8.20. So I wouldn't be surprise to see sao 3 ranking in the top 20 when it starts to air, especially since I heard it is the best arc in the entire sao.

So it might be temporary, as in lasting a day at most, but that will be enough to trigger the sao haters.
Oct 2, 2017 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
Yasuhito said:
The solution is so simple. We'll have always have this issue. We'll always have more threads like these. We'll always have unnecessary fights with fanboys on MAL.

I made a thread about how it can be solved.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1669880&show=0#post1

I have seen some threads that suggest your solution, I think the majority don't like it
Oct 2, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2017
I watched tge first ep of the new season and lmao how the fuck is gintama score a 9 after that ok ep

People just rate it blindly because it is gintama
Oct 2, 2017 9:25 PM
Apr 2017
I don't even know why they be so childish and hate on an anime they probably didn't even watch Ann stop that shit. If gintama ain't good then it won't be high rated. It's really good and is underrated
Oct 2, 2017 9:33 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
This thread just increased the number of hate two fold.
Oct 2, 2017 10:36 PM

Jul 2017
kikyo1hinamora said:
I watched tge first ep of the new season and lmao how the fuck is gintama score a 9 after that ok ep

People just rate it blindly because it is Gintama
People rate Gintama 10 early on not because they blind . Some love the show that much . Imagine FMAB getting more sequel season every years and their fans still score them 10s because they love FMAB
Oct 3, 2017 12:51 AM

Feb 2016
spuukiebuugi said:
Heh.
How can I hate on Gintama if I've never watched it and don't really plan on watching it?

again with the excuses, smh... just stop hating on it already!

Gintamas underrated btw

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 3, 2017 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
SpaghettiSpike said:
spuukiebuugi said:
Heh.

Gintamas underrated btw

> not caring about watching it or not wanting to watch it is hating it now?
lmao
Oct 3, 2017 1:28 AM

Mar 2016
SpaghettiSpike said:
spuukiebuugi said:
Heh.

Gintamas underrated btw

I know, all the anime's in the top 10 list are underrated.

Shiroyasha_97 said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

People just rate it blindly because it is Gintama
People rate Gintama 10 early on not because they blind . Some love the show that much . Imagine FMAB getting more sequel season every years and their fans still score them 10s because they love FMAB

How can people love the show if they haven't watched it?
Oct 3, 2017 1:48 AM

Sep 2015
Thanks to this thread, I now know that there is another season of Gintama, and what the hell is this? it is currently airing, even better!

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Oct 3, 2017 1:52 AM
Jan 2014
Pullman said:
Kittens-kun said:

Yeah it's just an expression of gleeful anticipation by fans who've rated hundreds of episodes of Gintama 10/10 so far and can safely assume that won't change all of a sudden with this new season. And it doesn't even matter since it's gonna be like that anyway once the show starts airing. It's literally a non-issue. I mean the downvoters aren't a big issue either by any means, but it's definitely more of a problem.

A bunch of people in this thread calling the fanbase 'toxic' just because they express their enjoyment, I don't get it. These people obviously don't know what 'toxic' even means.

"extremely harsh, malicious, or harmful" (Mirriam Webster)
"Used to describe a person who is tainted by a subconscious malevolence or psychosis that affects the lifes of those who come into contact with them." (Urban Dictionary)

It's the opposite of fans of a franchise expressing their love for it. There's nothing malicious and no ill-intent when people rate Gintama highly. But there definitely is in those hateful downvoters so if someone seriously tries to put those two actions on the same level that just makes them sound like on of those haters in disguise if being hateful and spiteful (towards gintama) is being seen as the moral equivalent of expressing your love and enjoyment for something you're a fan of in a generally inoffensive and passive way.

Do you not think that rating a series that hasn't even aired yet, especially on a such a wide scale to the point where it tops the charts, diminishes the integrity of the rating system, rendering it even less meaningful than it already is?
Oct 3, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2014
"People dislike something that I like, so I'm going to call them all toxic"
I haven't gotten around to watching Gintama yet but I think the attitude of calling other people toxic is just a way of insulting people from a false moral highground. Owarimonogatari S2 and Your Name are really good anime though, I gave them both 10/10 and I don't care if other people hate them and you shouldn't either.
Forum Signature
Oct 3, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2016
Chimerared said:
"People dislike something that I like, so I'm going to call them all toxic"
I haven't gotten around to watching Gintama yet but I think the attitude of calling other people toxic is just a way of insulting people from a false moral highground. Owarimonogatari S2 and Your Name are really good anime though, I gave them both 10/10 and I don't care if other people hate them and you shouldn't either.

But the issue is, some immature fanboys are downvoting the series, scoring it 1, even if they have never really seen it. They're downvoting only because they couldn't get into terms with their favorite anime losing to some series they hate. What is that if not toxic? It's more of stating a fact than an insult. I'm with you about not caring what other people hate, but there's really no helping it if some gets triggered by these dirty tricks.

I'm aware of the die-hard fans who upvotes a series even if it has barely even started yet, which I personally think is silly, but hey, if they feel good about it, why downvote and smear on their happiness? MAL's rating and cataloging system has its faults that somehow lessens the integrity of these reviews and ranking, so haters should blame it on MAL. There's really no need to shed negativity that may offend the fellow users.
IsabeeOct 3, 2017 7:47 AM
Oct 3, 2017 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
God danm, this fucking MAL top rating thing is utter bullshit. The system is broken, stop worrying about your show being on top of a broken-ass system!
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 3, 2017 9:22 AM

Mar 2015
I don't understand what people are complaining about. Having all Gintama seasons in MAL's top 10 TV series makes it a pretty accurate list.
Oct 3, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
I'm just waiting on the day MyAnimeList gets renamed to MyGintamaList.

Seriously.. Made in Abyss doesn't have quite that score that every Gintama season has, yet it's better.
You only have watched the first 50 episodes, and all the people who watched Gintama knows that the first 50 are the worst part of Gintama. Watch Gintama fully and then you can compare it with Made in Abyss or with others.
Oct 3, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
Alberrti said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
I'm just waiting on the day MyAnimeList gets renamed to MyGintamaList.

Seriously.. Made in Abyss doesn't have quite that score that every Gintama season has, yet it's better.
You only have watched the first 50 episodes, and all the people who watched Gintama knows that the first 50 are the worst part of Gintama. Watch Gintama fully and then you can compare it with Made in Abyss or with others.

Ah ok I would have thought it would have been good within that time
Oct 3, 2017 10:08 AM

Dec 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
Alberrti said:

Yes, it should have been better before, and that is the reason that explain why so many people drop it.
Oct 3, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
Alberrti said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Yes, it should have been better before, and that is the reason that explain why so many people drop it.

Gintama was good from the beginning though. It's just that it gets way better later on (as is the case with most shows)
Oct 3, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2017
Too many plebs and hypocrites. Most of them doesnt even have the guts to have a no drop policy and watch anime till the end (not limited to gintama). Pass the salt please. This is entertaining. I've looked at their profiles and they got mean score of 7 and 8 and have cancer in their tops. Lmao.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 3, 2017 1:55 PM
Aug 2017
Gintama is so fun! The better anime for me, btw.
Oct 3, 2017 4:19 PM

Oct 2015
Well, I'm sure everybody on this site love Gintama . Maybe they just hate it when many Gintama fans already give a 10/10 score even the show is not aired yet.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

30 by PlasticRobot »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 50 minutes ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
13 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

26 by FedeMetal »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.