Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2017 2:48 AM
Jan 2016
Every anime has its own haters, & one person demanding haters stop hating an anime is not going to do anything. Sorry.
Oct 2, 2017 2:50 AM

Aug 2015
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10. but i dont care enough to really do much about it. and i never really look at the top anime anyway
Oct 2, 2017 2:51 AM

Sep 2016
Kittens-kun said:

"different opinion" That's hilarious. All of the 1's are bs. It's obvious.

I won't dispute that. They gave a 1 out of spite, and most likely 99% of them are bogus alt accounts.

That still doesn't change the fact that people have a "different opinion" and don't think Gintama is one of the best anime series out there.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 2, 2017 3:09 AM

Aug 2014
Lord_Lamington said:
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10. but i dont care enough to really do much about it. and i never really look at the top anime anyway
Votes are subject to change, it has happened plenty of times with a show only being 1-2 episodes in and having multiple 10s, then at the end those 10s get changed.
Oct 2, 2017 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
Older_than_dirt said:
Kittens-kun said:

"different opinion" That's hilarious. All of the 1's are bs. It's obvious.

I won't dispute that. They gave a 1 out of spite, and most likely 99% of them are bogus alt accounts.

That still doesn't change the fact that people have a "different opinion" and don't think Gintama is one of the best anime series out there.

yeah but noone is complaining about that, people complain about the hateful out of spite downrating without even watching just because of some irrational sense of rating jealousy. That's a few steps beyond just 'having a different opinion'.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 2, 2017 3:24 AM
Jan 2017
Giving FMA:B a 1 score and then appealing to everyone not to do the same bullshit with his favorite cartoon.A perfect example of hypocrisy.
Oct 2, 2017 3:27 AM

Mar 2016
Welp, what can you do, every anime will have its haters.
Doesn't matter much to me anyway, its not like they're taking the enjoyment I get from watching it away.

Oct 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
Scarlett_ryuken said:
cause fmab is the best anime duh, and if you dont agree you're an elitist so mal and gintama fans are elitists

Do you mean FMAB is not good for calling Gintama fans elitists?

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 2, 2017 3:32 AM

Oct 2015
urm yea that /shrug

idk man i just pulled some shit out of my ass
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 2, 2017 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
instead of ranking by score, rank them by popularity with the excepiton of SAO being there. that way is better
Oct 2, 2017 3:36 AM

Feb 2010
Gintama fans aren't just elitist, we're supremacist. We shall dominate this community and if you don't like it you can go to kitsu or w/e :>
Oct 2, 2017 3:39 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I trust Gintama's ratings about as much as I trust North Korean propaganda because there's so many people who spam it with 1/10s, and people with 10/10 spam accounts on top of things like being long running and the amount of sequels that I'm really not at all convinced that the rating speaks for itself or is anything except a battleground between two sides acting petty, mixed with some of what I perceive to be the shortcomings of MAL's rating system for good measure.

That said, I plan to watch it myself eventually regardless of the dumb drama surrounding its ratings, because I am interested in it, but I hear that it's got a really poor start, and I can't find a consistent answer to when that poor start ends and I don't want to just aimlessly wander around right now waiting for a series to get good. So I've really got to wait until I feel like it.

Oct 2, 2017 3:48 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It's whatever. Does anybody on this website even flinch at the ranking list anymore. I certainly don't.
Oct 2, 2017 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
That said, I plan to watch it myself eventually regardless of the dumb drama surrounding its ratings, because I am interested in it, but I hear that it's got a really poor start, and I can't find a consistent answer to when that poor start ends and I don't want to just aimlessly wander around right now waiting for a series to get good. So I've really got to wait until I feel like it.
Some people say it takes like 100 episodes! So good luck!

I liked it since episode 3 (episodes 1 and 2 are just filler) so I dunno, it is not much of a case with it simply getting good. Because even if it gets better it does not magically become different, well aside that later on there is more story arcs. So it still should be relatively easy to decide whether it is worth a watch after a few episodes, not sure how much exactly but the general feel of the show does not change much... tho the hell do I know, I am still far from getting past the episode 100 mark.
Oct 2, 2017 4:03 AM
Sep 2017
Eh i'm gonna give it a one just for the hell of it and tbh an anime can be fun with so much toilet humor and testicle jokes that were ripped of from another equally shi##y show (Naruto) no wonder people call Gintama the Family guy of anime.
Oct 2, 2017 4:06 AM
May 2017
Here's an idea - stop talking about it. no matter how bad the news, it becomes exponentially more popular if it's discussed. think of it as a joke, and don't take other people's opinions too seriously.
Oct 2, 2017 4:38 AM

Mar 2016
NO!

I want to hate on it. Purely because it's fun.
Oct 2, 2017 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
I feel like the haters almost create a fair balance, and even then they're drowned out by rabid fanboys, considering the new season was at #3 on MAL the day before it even aired.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 2, 2017 4:54 AM

Mar 2016
Eh? I thought a lot of people love Gintama? I haven't watch Gintama yet..I will give it a try when I feel really bored..
Forum set made by Sereshay

Oct 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Feb 2010
Darek said:
Manaban said:
Some people say it takes like 100 episodes! So good luck!

I liked it since episode 3 (episodes 1 and 2 are just filler) so I dunno, it is not much of a case with it simply getting good. Because even if it gets better it does not magically become different, well aside that later on there is more story arcs. So it still should be relatively easy to decide whether it is worth a watch after a few episodes, not sure how much exactly but the general feel of the show does not change much... tho the hell do I know, I am still far from getting past the episode 100 mark.

Yeah I think it's bullshit to say it only gets good after 50 episodes or whatever. It's good from the start, it just gets better. Like most comedies with huge casts it takes a while to reach it's full potential, until all the characters and running gags are established and the comedy can start to be more dynamic because it can use a lot more different characters than early on. Some of the early episodes are just functional in introducing characters, but it already got the same humour and the same main characters from the start, and if neither of these click with you at all (within like the first 5-10 episodes) then that isn't gonna change. In retrospect, yes, most of the first 30-50 episodes is worse than most of what comes after, but while I was watching it I still enjoyed myself quite a lot during those episodes so I find it silly to tell people to just keep going if they feel otherwise. It doesn't take that many episodes to get a feel for the show.
Oct 2, 2017 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Their jealousy gives me power.

The only reason I'm still alive is so I can see the day when the entire Top 10 will be nothing but Gintama. Humanity's highest point right there.
Oct 2, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
Pullman said:
Everybody should be like me and have it on their PTW with a 10/10 rating. I agree with your point, OP.

When did you start making two-sentence replies?
Oct 2, 2017 6:44 AM

Feb 2010
holysauron said:
Pullman said:
Everybody should be like me and have it on their PTW with a 10/10 rating. I agree with your point, OP.

You didn't think all of my 25k posts were walls of text, did you? :>
Oct 2, 2017 6:46 AM
Jan 2013
How about we all just come to terms and rate it a 5/10?
gone bai bai

Nov 2014
I've been writing serious reply to explain why this topic is stupid but I got bored halfway.
I'll just leave it here because I still think it's stupid.

tragedydesu said:
> said by the one who give fmab 1/10
you are as toxic as them

i dont care about either of them btw

The day when I +1 tragedydesu's post came. The world is ending.

Nov 2016
To be fair Gintama is good enough, yet highly overrated. It's about an 8 for me so far. It is also about 4 times better than Code Geass if it's worth anything.
Oct 2, 2017 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
Wait, gintama got over FMAB? The fuck?! Wait... No... No it didn't... The fuck?!

Anyway, aren't you in contradiction?

''So do you think FMAB fanbase is the best that they score 1s on Your Name and Owarimonogatari 2nd Season because it got above FMAB . Who care if it above FMAB , other anime deserve to be above FMAB.''

Then why do you care where does Gintama stays and who likes it or not?
Oct 2, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2017
I don't like gintama i find it extremely overated and i i think the top 20 anime list of mal is trash because of gintama but i still gave it a 6/10
Oct 2, 2017 7:11 AM

Jul 2016
>Complains about toxic kids who hate on Gintama
Gives Owarimonogatari 2nd Season an 1, yet haven't watched any prequels.
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
Oct 2, 2017 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Izaya77 said:
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
tragedydesu said:
you are as toxic as them

I was just changing the score only recently just to see how some haters will react . Guess no matter how an anime is run , there always haters and troll in the anime community .
Oct 2, 2017 7:34 AM

Jul 2016
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Izaya77 said:
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
tragedydesu said:
you are as toxic as them

I was just changing the score only recently just to see how some haters will react . Guess no matter how an anime is run , there always haters and troll in the anime community .

How ironic...doesn't that make you a troll?
Oct 2, 2017 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
kikyo1hinamora said:
I don't like gintama i find it extremely overated and i i think the top 20 anime list of mal is trash because of gintama but i still gave it a 6/10

Yeah, but let's face it, your taste isn't exactly the best.
Oct 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Dec 2015
Pullman said:
holysauron said:

You didn't think all of my 25k posts were walls of text, did you? :>

I dunno, everytime I see one of your posts it's a wall of text.
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2017
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

let's face it your taste is even worst
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yes the 100 people illegitimately giving it a 1/10 without even seeing it are definitely a problem

However, the almost 2000 people giving it a 10/10 before it even started aren't a whole lot better

It's a double-edged sword
Oct 2, 2017 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
kikyo1hinamora said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Lol, let's not get crazy now. My taste is pretty damn bad, but I'm no kikyo1hinamora.
Oct 2, 2017 7:46 AM

Sep 2017
kikyo1hinamora said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Normie taste eh, oh well.. different strokes from different folks.
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2, 2017 7:51 AM
Jun 2017
I don't rate stuff I haven't seen (I haven't seen Gintama) but I do find it quite annoying that the 'Top 50' can change so easily. It dosent matter what series or movie comes along - I don't like it.

I'm a big fan of the 'monogatari' series but it's annoying that it (Owari SS) hit #1 so fast (when it clearly isn't #1 material).

I don't think it's the community's fault though. I think it's the sites fault. Something as significant as the 'Top 10' shouldn't change so easily. It makes MALs list and scoring system redundant.

Id make a better site if I knew how and thought people should use it. As it stands now, I don't think anyone would use a better site (or it would take forever for people to transfer over).
Oct 2, 2017 7:56 AM

May 2012
stop hating things I like

and stop liking things I hate

thank you
Oct 2, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Stop hating things I hate and stop liking things I like. Thank you

Fixed that for you. You're most welcome.
Oct 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2017
Ofc ppl will dislike a show they didn't watch , let them stay like that

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 2, 2017 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
Never seen Gintama. And no, I don't mind the show.

But people are always going to be salty about something, be it Gintama or anything else that isn't their favorite show. Like a couple of other people have already said, one or two people begging for the hate to stop isn't going to stop it. SAO fans can give you some help if you ask for it.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 2, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2016
I just don't like the fact if people hate a Anime just because it's really popular. I love Gintama and ofc I accept every opinion. It's not the best thing I've ever seen.
It's hard to ignore people like that because they want attention.
Gintama is ofc really popular but why do people even care about it? Some fans aren't even better than Haters and I'm saying that as a Gintama fan. But almost every Fanbase is like that.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
I don't like Gintama, but I also don't go around downvoting everything I don't like. That's petty. People should only rate things they have completed, is what I always say.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 2, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
Big reason to hate Gintama are because they make fun of something you like either its anime/game or even japan history.
Into the Internet!
Oct 2, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
I hate FMAB, I think that Gintama doesn't deserve the first place, and Madoka should trully be #1.

At least, after some NHK polls, Japanese people do really have good taste.
Oct 2, 2017 11:11 AM
Jan 2015
well , i did'nt liked gintama after watching first few episode . It's not my type of anime . So i didn't even add it to my list.
Oct 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
Lord_Lamington said:
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10.

I agree. The fan base is obnoxious, even more so than other popular shows and the ratings reflect on that.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
Oct 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2016
I only trust the Japanese scores... and they seem to be going down every time.
Oct 2, 2017 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
I find it rather weird you say who cares if its so high on the Top 10 list yet you seem very concerned that it should be up there since you made a thread asking people to stop hating on it
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 34 minutes ago

13 by betaweeb »»
9 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 8 hours ago

20 by tmoverbeck »»
14 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

123 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

34 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.