Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Aug 27, 2017 9:24 AM

May 2016
Their story was very sweet but Hana getting laid with him in his wolf form instead of his human form was pretty weird to think about. I suppose the thing is that she loves him enough to make love with him twice regardless of appearance which is touching~

Poor dad jumped into a storm drain while chasing dinner and died too soon ;-; Seeing the werewolf siblings fight each other savagely because of their opposing views on life while destroying the whole house was hard to watch...and pretty much opened my eyes on how me and my siblings fighting causes collateral damage similar to that.

Witnessing the house renovation and rural struggles step-by-step was a very nice way of showing how diligent Hana can be, a fun watch as well ♥

Even after it took so much to raise them, looking back on it only felt like yesterday~ (No, it's not because of the movie length '^' ) As long as they're happy with doing what they want, it's fine since that was what Hana and Wolfguy wanted in the first place~

Sep 1, 2017 3:58 AM

Jun 2016
I don't even know what to say to this movie. I was told that most likely I was going to cry watching this which I DID; when that werewolf guy died for I don't know what reason. And seriously we didn't find out what exactly was the reason why he died. And that was the only moment where I cried, but the rest made me laugh, and pissed me off.

This movie had a lot of potential to be great, but the moment it's about to reach its ending, I really wanted it to end fast because turns out like Ame's become a rebellious kid who doesn't like to live with his family anymore and just be a lone werewolf in the forest because his fucking master died who I don't even think is a significant character.

This movie kinda pissed me off, but I'm still rating it 8 for its precious moments while Yuki and Ame were growing up, and Hana's dedication as a mother that happened in this movie.

I guess Ame hitting his head changed him? How about we bang his head against the wall to make him realize that he's being a rebellious sissy, and yeah his mom just let him do what he wants because it's the natural thing to do. Idk that scene with Ame just made me hate this movie. Ugh.

This movie had a lot of great moments, but more of a bad and annoying moments. I really enjoyed 1/2 of it, but the remaining 1/2 of it pissed me off.

8/10
TheDoggoneGirlSep 1, 2017 8:11 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 12:28 PM

Apr 2009
F.U Ame !!! Ungrateful bastard.
Sep 25, 2017 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty neat movie. Honestly the only part where I felt kind of emotional though was when they tossed the dad's corpse into a garbage truck.

Like I can't even imagine what that would feel like, lmao.
Oct 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
Was Hana ever happy after getting pregnant with the werewolf?
Hana gets pregnated and is obligated to abandon her studies and dreams to look after her childrens.
Then Werewolf died and Hana need to moves to the middle of nowhere (without money, job, friends)
At the end of the movie her son and daughter abandoned her to live their proper lifes.
Hana stayed alone forever.

What a sad life. To meet the Werewolf was a mistake for her whole life.

5/10 movie. I don't know why people like this.
Oct 11, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
I really liked the movie. It was almost too furryish for me. And I struggled with the wolf kids at first. Especially Yukki's insanity. But ultimately I thought it was an engaging and emotional film. And I really liked how it was about the mother. Mother's are props and plot devices in anime. And for a film to actually focus on the growth and story of a single mother was kind of lovely. I wish it had ended a little more happily for her. Maybe we knew she still had a good relationship with her daughter? Beyond that one picture. The fact neither of her kids were that old. And she already viewed raising them as a fairy tale was kind of really sad to me.

But forreal what a great Mom. Probably the best Mom in anime. I'm glad there was never any serious scenes where like the police or government were trying to lock her up and take her kids away. Just a pleasant film about a single mom doing her best. With a few completely heart breaking scenes scattered in.
Nov 29, 2017 2:24 AM

May 2010
Now that was good, realistic (fantasy themes aside) movie. Hana's a great mom and person. I liked younger Yuki more than the older one, but ye nice plot twists with growing up themes. Some parts annoyed me, but thats how realistic the movie was. A solid 8 for me.
Dec 12, 2017 11:23 PM
Dec 2017
meh. 7/10

Things that worked against this film

-Husband doesnt have decency to return to human shape for intercourse.

-Husband decides to go full retard...i mean....full wolf form inside a busy metropolitan city and just dies for no reason. Should have made it where he is killed in the woods by some hunters. Husband dying in full wolf form in the city is inexplicably dumb.

-Ame is a selfish bastard that barely had any character to him before he decides to go full wolf but neither the mom nor Yuki ever call him out on it. Yuki sort of fights him for it but that was the end of the discussion.

-The story needed more Yuki. The movie really shined when Yuki and her mom had daily interactions between them and also when they worked together. Yuki and the transfer student friend also needed more story exploration. Their relationship got pretty freaking interesting and even got a nice scene together sharing Yuki's secret. Instead, i feel like time was taken away from her story, because it ended suddenly, for Ame's boring story. In fact, i think it would have been better for the movie if Ame had never been introduced.

-What was the purpose of Yuki being the narrator of the story? I thought perhaps she was telling the story to her children but there was nothing to it.

-I hate how fast the director wrapped up the movie when everything else was pretty slow moving. Reminds me of 12 episode animes where episodes 1 to 10 is just slowly advancing the story and then all of a sudden they want to wrap up everything in 2 episodes.

Dec 25, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2010
Just watched this after getting the movie as a present for the holidays. I enjoyed it for the most part, the first 30 mins was indeed rushed but I do understand with this being a movie they had to get that in with as little time as possible since it's mainly about her raising wolf children.

The ending I don't think a lot of people get why Hana actually stays in that house after her children have grown up. Ame is still somewhere close in the wild as she can hear his howl at the end so she probably stays there to still feel close to him.

One last thing is I do dislike how Ame just goes off into the wild with no regard to his mother's feelings. He didn't even really consider how his mother felt about it and the fact that she already lost her husband and him going off was just a double stab to Hana.

Oh, and anyone disliking this movie due to him staying in wolf form during the love scene at the start that is just ridiculous to hate a form of fiction because IRL morals. I find it odd that no ones has problem with "cat" girl love scenes but is simply giving this move a 1/10 because of one 5 second scene where she makes love to him in his true form.
Mar 15, 2018 4:08 PM
Mar 2018
I really enjoyed this movie. It is full of heartwarming and poignant moments without making you feel like a dried husk of corn afterwards. Although truly speaking, the ending was disappointing. I was left with so many questions about Yuki and her life, as well as rage at Ame's actions.

I loved the soundtrack! It fit all the scenes perfectly without being too obvious or forcefully telling you what to feel. The animation was also very good but sometimes I felt like that characters were paper people walking around inside pretty pictures.

Despite all, this movie was worth every minute. Hana is a likable character and her story is told in a dignified sort of way that makes you root for her.
Mar 21, 2018 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
lmao what a train wreck. i don't even want to rant all the bad stuff.
Apr 1, 2018 8:33 AM
Apr 2018
Wolf Children is one of my most favorite movies but the part where the father dies is confusing. It's really bothering me like in the scene before he said the skies the limit for her and that it's up to them yo make it happen. Then his son is born and he dies?! Why does he die?! How?!
Aug 23, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2016
I don't understand why people are resentful to the fact that Ame ended up leaving, or the people calling it stupid or him "ungrateful". I feel like the most basic point of the film flew over their head...? The whole film at it's core was about how Hana, by herself, managed to raise two children that are neither human nor wolf, but both; despite the two sides of them being unable to properly coexist in our world (their father was the example of this made right from the start). It was put rather plainly that they would either mature into one or the other, partly as a result of how Hana went about raising them (also) RIGHT from the start: by ultimately giving them the choice and not forcing them on the matter. It was up to them which life they wanted to live, and at the end Ame chose to live the life of a wolf, and Yuki the life of a human. And Ame did exactly what the only wolf would in his circumstance, and went to (in an attempt) form his own pack/manage his own territory and leave his litter behind. The main conflict here, and why it ended up being so difficult in the end, was because Hana greatly underestimated just how hard it would be to "send-off" one of her children like that. As any human mother would, she struggled with the thought of losing her son in that way.
All throughout the film with both her husband and children, she tried her best to understand and accept them and that wolf side of theirs, and she did eventually accept this too. I thought the film did a good job of also bringing the audience to that... but I guess not?

WolfChildrenLove said:
Wolf Children is one of my most favorite movies but the part where the father dies is confusing. It's really bothering me like in the scene before he said the skies the limit for her and that it's up to them yo make it happen. Then his son is born and he dies?! Why does he die?! How?!

I actually thought that was really great and unique of the film. People die from stupid accidents and unknown circumstances all the time, that's one of the many tough parts of life. It's cruel and truly unfair. Not everyone has some super tragic, interesting, conclusive or even meaningful death... One of my teachers as a kid, who was a perfectly healthy 20-something, popular with all, died from falling down the stairs... This film is about realizing life as it is, accepting the terrible shit that happens to you, moving on and making the most of it (in this case for the sake of who you've lost). For me that death was as perfect as it could be thematically. A death that's sudden and without proper closure (as many are in nature) is one of the hardest and toughest things for anyone to accept, and at least for me, how she dealt with it made me admire Hana even more.

And in-terms of why he went out in that wolf form, as many here also have a problem with, you've got to realise that he was half human AND half wolf. He isn't like or comparable to us. Presumably he had a strong instinct to go out and "hunt"/gather for his newly born kids. And that was his wolf side speaking, so I can't see why he wouldn't also take the form. It was shown that when the kids let their wolf-side's come through (mentally and socially, i.e. when Yuki was being "chased" by the boy), it was very hard for them to stop the form also coming through.

Varete7 said:
Was Hana ever happy after getting pregnant with the werewolf?
Hana gets pregnated and is obligated to abandon her studies and dreams to look after her childrens.
Then Werewolf died and Hana need to moves to the middle of nowhere (without money, job, friends)
At the end of the movie her son and daughter abandoned her to live their proper lifes.
Hana stayed alone forever.

What a sad life. To meet the Werewolf was a mistake for her whole life.

5/10 movie. I don't know why people like this.

If you seriously watched this film in it's entirety and are really questioning whether Hana was happy and if she regretted what time she spent with Ookami, and then the children he gave her, then I don't even know what to say to you. I'm actually at a loss for words, well done. I've seen few showcase such a lack of basic empathy. And how or why do you immediately correlate a difficult life with one not worth living?
ZaugrAug 23, 2018 9:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2018 10:08 AM

Oct 2014
Zaugr said:

If you seriously watched this film in it's entirety and are really questioning whether Hana was happy and if she regretted what time she spent with Ookami, and then the children he gave her, then I don't even know what to say to you. I'm actually at a loss for words, well done. I've seen few showcase such a lack of basic empathy. And how or why do you immediately correlate a difficult life with one not worth living?

I watched this movie a long time ago.
The only thing I remember was the sad and hard life that Hana had.
And at the end of the film, her two children left her and left her living in the middle of nowhere working in the field alone.
But I should rewatch the movie to answer you better
Aug 27, 2018 8:43 AM
Jun 2014
So Mamoru hosoda wrote the script with Satoko okudera or Satoko okudera wrote it alone and or Hosoda wrote it alone? I'm confused
Nov 6, 2018 5:44 PM
Aug 2018
I loved this heartfelt story. It was beautiful
Dec 10, 2018 9:10 AM
Apr 2018
Such an emotional story: Hana growing as a mother and bot Yuki and Ame choosing their own paths. The first part, which tells Hana and Ookami relationship was kinda weird, but the rest of the more than made up for it.

I really wish I had watched this in a cinema because some scenes were too beautiful to fully appreciate them from my phone's screen.

9/10.
Dec 24, 2018 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Hana, having to see the man she loved disposed of as if he were trash like that. Such an abrupt, heartbreaking parting. But she was so strong, she gave everything she had to protect, and provide for her children. Things weren't always easy for them, but they persevered, and thrived.

This is about motherhood, about brotherhood, about love, about treading your own path, and much more. The animation is also beautiful, and that last goodbye was really poignant, that great ending song is a nice final touch too, it really moved me.
Dec 30, 2018 3:20 PM

Oct 2018
Such a fantastic and moving movie. Lacking words to describe how amazing and unique this was. Sad from the get go, so I had to watch the entire movie with hurting eyes. I have never seen something which captures in such a fantastic manner the struggles of single parenthood, the difficulties in being different and the dilemma of choosing your own way.

Fayrin said:
Poor Hana, having to see the man she loved disposed of as if he were trash like that. Such an abrupt, heartbreaking parting. But she was so strong, she gave everything she had to protect, and provide for her children. Things weren't always easy for them, but they persevered, and thrived.

This is about motherhood, about brotherhood, about love, about treading your own path, and much more. The animation is also beautiful, and that last goodbye was really poignant, that great ending song is a nice final touch too, it really moved me.

I agree with everything you said, which was a relief to read after just having watched this movie and stumbled over all these comments complaining about the end and slamming Ame.
Feb 28, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2016
I remember watching this when i was younger (probably in 2013~ since the movie aired in 2012?), my mom had great tastes! I rewatched it because I wasn't sure anymore about what I had seen.

I'll summarize my opinion :
The plot is pretty simple and easy to understand, fits for kids.
The story is original and the end is totally unexpected !
They, in my opinion, pretty much skipped the dad's death in profit of what follows (kids growing as semi wolves).
Not quite sure who "master" is tho ... A fox..? Like, for real..?
Who was the wolf stuck in a cage ?

To conclude I would say that it was definitly worth watching and time went fast, a deserved 7/10.
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 13, 2019 12:56 AM

Jan 2017
bro... she did it with a wolf... bet the furries were having a field day with this one.
even more proof not to trust the damn weirdos.

i found this movie easy to enjoy. dialogue and story weren’t too complex, yet the simplicity attractive enough

some thing i would like to point out:
brother and sister fight scene
how the brother and sister developed
yakitori

did anyone else find the va for the fight scene to be hilarious? were they even trying? lmao. it felt as if that bit was done with the least amount of effort done, va wise, but the way it was executed was done so really well. at this point of the film, it can be already seen that the two are developing very apart from one another. they pull each other one way, and then another, which ends up to them fighting. “you wanna go?” best portrayal of a sibling fight scene.

one small detail i noticed was the yakitori. in the beginning, the dad cooked 4 skewers of yakitori while the mom was pregnant. in the end, there was only 2 skewers. neat little detail they included. not sure about exactness of scenes, as the 4 skewers could have been done while the kids were born. w/e just something i noticed.

8/10
Mar 20, 2019 6:41 PM

Nov 2015

The portrait of a mother. She gave her everything for her children, to guide them through the good path, and in the end, let them choose their own destiny.
It may well be fiction, but you can easily empathize and feel with the story of her life.

Zero complains with this movie. I loved it.
With a calm, soft, hypnotizing even tone, it catches you without loosing on the intensity of its narrative.

I cried a little bit, not gonna lie. More than crying... shedding some tears.

8/10
Nov 22, 2019 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
I really couldn't get into the movie because the furry scenes were.......... disgusting. Tbh the movie didn't even need to have the furry stuff, it could've worked (maybe even better) as just a story about a single mother moving to the country.

At first the mother was one type of character/person I can't stand. The know-it-all mother who is more concerned with them being a "good mother" than the actual well-being of their children, just like anti-vaccers or essential oil nutjobs. In the latter half, she became a tolerable character.

At least the movie looked good most of the time.
Feb 4, 2020 5:01 PM

Sep 2018
I put this anime on-hold when Ookami died. This is so heartbreaking!! It took me a week to continue this. I really really feel sad for Hana, her struggles taking care her kids until she found a home in the province is very hard. I'm so happy that her life slowly getting better when she starts living there and also Ojii-san is so helpful (even though he's tsundere)

A big big salute to Hana! I feel sad that her children have their own life at the end.. too fast and they got matured already. I enjoy their kid moments especially Yuki. She's alone again :(
Feb 25, 2020 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
Parents sacrifice their life and future for the children in order to be left alone with nobody in the end to rely on or get help from.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Mar 7, 2020 12:42 PM

Nov 2019
Really good movie. 8/10
Mar 18, 2020 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
I enjoy very much!
9/10
Very Heartwarming!

Mar 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Dec 2016
Some top tier shit that really hits home
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 23, 2020 10:57 AM
Nov 2015
This is why I don't like werewolves. The father, Ame, that buff guy from Twilight..

Actually, this movie is quite wholesome. From naturalism to parenting, conforming to acceptance.

Too bad I'm an urban kind of guy. I could never see myself as a mountain man. This is why this movie doesn't really hit home for me.

Unlike Nausicaa that took a conservationist approach, this movie took a naturalist approach, and that's clearly not for me.

This movie is still quite awesome though. It made us think about our role among nature.
finestseeker17Mar 23, 2020 11:50 AM
Apr 15, 2020 11:03 PM
Apr 2013
The moral of the story:
Kids, you should always use condoms or you will destroy your life by getting pregnant. Then you will be left alone by the father of your kids who goes out to (buy cigarettes at the gas station or to) hunt some ducks for dinner and never comes back, you have to stop studying, take a bad job and raise your kids alone. They will leave your house as soon as they can without being thankful at all, one of them becomes homeless and you will end up alone in the middle of nowhere in your mid 30's. It's not worth the two minutes of fun...
May 2, 2020 6:10 PM

Aug 2018
I found it to be a quite charming and uplifting movie and a much needed escape from the day's troubles. 8/10
May 15, 2020 6:27 PM
Nov 2018
Great movie... But AME really pissed me off... That ungrateful bastard didn't respect anyone... I hated the ending too... It only made me feel upset for the mother who sacrificed so much just to end up alone😔
May 18, 2020 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
Both art and the score were great. I think it was a beautiful movie overall, though that furry scene was just disgusting. Like father, like son.
Rely on nothing under heaven
May 20, 2020 10:36 AM

Sep 2019
So why had Ookami sex with Hana in wolf form? Uhm, man, I imagined through all length of movie how he hit her with that knot. WTF Does it implies that Yuki will also have sex in future in wolf form? Gross...
Aug 21, 2020 2:01 AM

Jun 2020
T_________________T

loved this it was beautifully-made T________T loved the art & sound direction, the OST was lovely

the kids were so endearing, i really loved their contrasting personalities. yuki was also incredibly fun to watch. they were so cute!

i wish ame could have met his dad in his lifetime... :'( if only he knew his dad :'(

souhei was so cute too, that smile he flashed yuki when he said he'll train & live on his own. i almost thought he was going to ask her, want to live with me? hahahaha i lowkey ship them. they have a sweet friendship. he has always been so sweet & kind to her.

the scene where hana "reunited" with their dad was so heartwrenching... she's such a strong & great mother.

tinyRedLeaf said:
A friend of mine forwarded me some interesting information drawn from French interviews with director Mamoru Hosoda:

"A journalist praised Hana for letting her kids make their choice and wondered how Hosoda's parents handled the news that he wanted to be an animator, given that it's not a well-regarded profession.

"Hosoda said he was interested in the arts (be it drawing, live-action movies or anime) since he was quite young (in a 6th grade essay, he wrote that he wanted "to be a director like Miyazaki"). This was all quite foreign and a bit odd for his parents, but they encouraged him and did what they could to help him. Hosoda noted that he grew up in the region where Wolf Children is set, so, just like in the movie, he was far from everything.

"He moved to Tokyo at age 18 and 'never really went back' home. Working on Wolf Children forced him to rediscover his home region.

"Hosoda said his parents always supported his choices and were proud of him, but when he reflects on it today, he suspects that, privately, they may have wanted him to return home and be an art teacher at the local school after his graduation from college. He had gone into animation instead. Hosoda said his parents accepted his choice, but it's only now that he realises what his parents might have wanted.

"Hosoda's mother died three years ago, shortly after he started working on Wolf Children. There were questions he wanted to ask her, about what it was like to bring him up but, unfortunately, he never got to."

:'( that was so sad & heartbreaking, it made me see this film in a new light. how beautiful & bittersweet

what a beautiful & heartwrenching tale, how strong a mother's love is....

the ED lyrics "i will watch you from afar as you pick a path to walk" T_____________T

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 23, 2020 8:17 AM
Aug 2020
Ah that was beautiful
Kinda wish the ending was a bit different, or maybe showed Yuki more years down the line
Sep 23, 2020 6:20 PM
Feb 2019
This movie is a fucking masterpiece. Its so beautiful in a very unique and real way that I haven't seen anywhere else. I've never had tears of sadness and joy simultaneously
Dec 28, 2020 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
I acutally expected myself to hate it, because movies of this kind are generally not my cup of tea. But doing so would just be being stubborn, and so would nitpicking over literal reading of events in this movie. Themes are also not purely alegoric either, it is rather an easthetic hook to explore some emotions, and while nothing was too out of ordinary it was well presented.
There were few ingenious moments in terms of direction, but overall its a simple story. Overexagerrated and nonsensical basis, that serves as an excuse to present some simple, but sincere ideas.
I could give it a 5, could give it a 7. Overall it's 6/10 for me. A positive rating. I can see how some people giving it an 8 out of preference, but anything above is being delusional, as it would mistake aesthetic value for infatuation with emotional surface of this movie.
Apr 3, 2021 10:18 PM

May 2014
I found the movie a bit overrated. It was good, but to be on the top list is a bit too much. Nevertheless, the plot was decent, along with the characters. Interesting to see the hardship Hana went through raising children different from the rest of the community.
Apr 13, 2021 7:37 PM

Sep 2017
What a fantastic film. Such a beautiful and heartwarming story. I don't know what to say; my emotions have the better of me right now. I'm just so glad Hana didn't die. I was a bit worried since Yuki was narrating the entire time.
May 1, 2021 1:41 AM

Feb 2019
It was a beautiful movie. Somewhat difficult to put it into words.

I loved the early parts of the movie. Although others see the humour in it, my heart was personally hurting. It was such a struggle for Hana to raise those two kids alone. Not knowing whether to go to the doctor or the vet, that was quite heartbreaking. I can't imagine what sort of anxiety, pressure, and fear were going through her mind as she stood there.

I enjoyed their early life in the rural mountains the most. The villagers were very kind. It really warmed my heart, especially Grandpa Nirasaki, who seemed mean and harsh but helped them most of all. It was such a warm and wholesome atmosphere, how kind and helpful those people were to Hana and her children.

Yuki grew up to be a beautiful girl. And ironically, even though she at first was more wolf-like than Ame, in the end she chose to become more human than wolf. I'm guessing in the far future her partner in life will be Sohei. I really loved Yuki when she was young, and as she grew up, she became beautiful and kind and just a lovely person all around.

Ironically as well, Ame was less wolf-like, but in the end he basically became a true wolf, abandoning the human world. This was probably the only part I did not really like, mostly because of how sad I felt for Hana, who spent more than a decade of her life going through unimaginable hardship alone trying to raise them both, only for Ame to leave like that. I would've accepted it more had Ame turned 18 or had become an adult by then. But it was still sad. I'm not criticising it or anything. I'm more sad for Hana than anything. I hope Ame will sometimes visit her, seeing as they live quite near to each other.

It was a beautiful, wonderful movie. Truly a work of art. 9/10.
Jun 4, 2021 11:34 PM
Mar 2021
Amazing, absolute Masterpiece 10/10
Jun 10, 2021 9:08 PM

Jan 2021
9/10
This is now one of my comfort movies. I’m so glad I decided to give a watch.
(Also I’m still confused on how the dad died)
Jul 9, 2021 2:29 PM
Dec 2019
This movie was awful. First, the girl ruined her life with this werewolf.
Second he finished alone and is happy !!!
I am very interested on what drugs the author of the story was on.
As well as the man who decided that this film was for children.
Jul 22, 2021 9:13 AM

Aug 2014
Been a while since I got that sad feeling when finishing anything. Wolf Children is wonderful coming of age story filled with drama, sadness, happiness and love. Would have loved to see more about their future. PROTECT HANA'S SMILE. Would have loved to have seen more about her and her being all alone with nothing to do in at the end is very sad :"( Glad she is happy tho.
10/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 23, 2021 3:34 AM
Feb 2021
I thought the art and animation were poor by the standards of 2012.
Jan 14, 2022 3:00 PM
Mar 2017
Welll, Hana is great BUT if anything this story tells women to be careful wih whom they chose to have children with. She picked someone who had a higher risk of dying, where the kids had a higher chance to be bullied and where they was a high chance she'd lose at least one of the kids. And ALL because she made that choice she also had to give up on her dreams.
Jan 17, 2022 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
Beautiful movie with just the right amount of drama. Despite beeing a decade old the animation looks great too, its very fluid.
Comfort movie you could call it.

The dude offed himself at the right time, probably knew how hard raising half humans would be.
This is why you shouldn't get knocked up before you finished the education you want girls. Growing your own crop is a lot less efficient than having a good job and letting someone else do it, especially when they know how to do it.
Hana is now stranded in the rural mountains while her kids are gone. I would have loved to see her going back to town and finish her degree. Must be lonely in that huge house.

-1 for furry stuff though.

8/10
Comander-07Jan 17, 2022 4:12 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 11, 2022 2:53 AM
Nov 2020
This was a well portrayed story of a mother's struggle implying‌ amounts of‌ ‌sorrow and‌ ‌distress in a engaging manner. The film brought on a sense of maturity, displaying a ‌enlightening, sometimes ‌difficult‌ recognition of how deeply we feel about people we ‌cherish despite a very few imperfections. I really enjoyed this movie. It brought a few tear's but it was worth it
Aug 23, 2022 9:02 AM
Jun 2020
Dissapointing...
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

10 by Davoo »»
Mar 20, 1:37 PM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Why does this anime have a PG - Children rating?

johnyjohny - May 13, 2016

8 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.