Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2016
Because they're going to rate it 10/10 anyways so they do it ahead. I never give 10 to anything so that's not my problem but I got a brother who does that. As i've not seen Gintama in proper order and i'm just reading manga, I avoid rating it before I see it whole from start to finish.

However, 10/10s aren't problem here. This people like the franchise and they'll rate it highly anyways.

Real problem is all the 1/10s. Idiots who haven't even seen the show or read manga rating it low just because it's highly rated, not to mention all that shitty 1/10 reviews that were recently made by retards. I also highly doubt they're legit. Who would give something with 300+ episodes 1/10 if they watched it? In Gintama's case, it's even more impossible as it just gets better and it's not even over so it has no frustrated fans about ending they disliked (i.e. Bleach, even there people at least give 3-5, I mean it can't be 1/10 if you enjoyed at least half, and if not why did you even keep going?).

Oct 1, 2017 4:54 PM

May 2015
I don't even think a lot of people did it, most of them rated it after viewing it.
You know not everyone around here wait for the subs.
Oct 1, 2017 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
Nehza said:
You've seen the 300+ episodes leading up to this, there's PLENTY good reason to give this a 10 before it's aired, and even more so if you've read the source material (manga). It might seem pretentious but people who've followed Gintama for a long time know all too well our good and excellently this series is executed. I'm prepared for another season and you should be too.
Also, yeah I love Gintama, shit on me, I'm a die-hard and I like to piss MAL sweaty's off.

I love Gintama and I havent even seen it yet. The bits and pieces I've sampled on Youtube... ah, sweet gold. I'm ready for the next season and I haven't even seen the first. Shit on me too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2015
Deus said:
Because they're going to rate it 10/10 anyways so they do it ahead. I never give 10 to anything so that's not my problem but I got a brother who does that. As i've not seen Gintama in proper order and i'm just reading manga, I avoid rating it before I see it whole from start to finish.

However, 10/10s aren't problem here. This people like the franchise and they'll rate it highly anyways.

Real problem is all the 1/10s. Idiots who haven't even seen the show or read manga rating it low just because it's highly rated, not to mention all that shitty 1/10 reviews that were recently made by retards. I also highly doubt they're legit. Who would give something with 300+ episodes 1/10 if they watched it? In Gintama's case, it's even more impossible as it just gets better and it's not even over so it has no frustrated fans about ending they disliked (i.e. Bleach, even there people at least give 3-5, I mean it can't be 1/10 if you enjoyed at least half, and if not why did you even keep going?).

The reason why we all rated it 10/10 before it aired, not only just because we love franchise, but because we knew what to expect. New season is adapting arcs which were missed in 4th season. And now when first episode aired i have no regrets in rating 10/10 beforehand, "Kagura`s boyfriend" is one of my favourite arcs in Gintama and seeing it in anime version is hundred times better!
You so much right about these "fullmetal" bois who downvoted Gintama because it`s higher than their favourite anime, on top of that they didn`t even watch Gintama. Such a toxic community, but people are people there is nothing that can change their attitude!
Oct 1, 2017 5:03 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
DatRandomDude said:
The salt is pretty damn strong this time around, went 9.30 to 9.22 pretty fast

This one's pretty mild though, Gintama last season started at 9.45 then went 9.15
Oct 1, 2017 5:07 PM

Dec 2016
It's airing now lol first episode of Porori-hen is out. MAL hasn't uploaded that info yet. I think all people losing their minds for a little stupid thing like a diehard-fan-instant-rate are even more ridiculous, it's just for fun. Absurd, yes, but fun. If you don't like it just ignore it, izi xD

(Also, manga readers know the content of the episodes so basically it is nothing new. Just the animation xD)
Oct 1, 2017 5:09 PM

Apr 2016
Alright let me just ask a question. Why do people care? I just want to point out that it's not even just fanboys or trolls that have put every season of Gintama above a 9 score. How do I know this? Because even the first fucking season of Gintama is above a 9 and if anyone is watching Gintama that's where they start.

If you have seen Gintama and don't like it, fine give it a 1 I don't give a damn. However if you are just giving seasons of Gintama a 1 because you can't accept that it is one of the best anime ever made by a great many people's standards then all I have to say is don't bitch if that ever happens to your favorite franchise (Monogatari fans you know what I'm talking about and I gave every season an 8.) Or maybe here is a mind blowing idea. Give the show a try for yourself and find out why people love it so much instead of sticking your nose up at it when it's compared to your absolute favorites.

Why can we give this season of Gintama a 10 when it hasn't finished yet? Well there are reasons why.

1. We have seen 300+ episodes of the show and have seen everything there is to see to know whether we are likely to like this new season or not. The chances of us changing our minds by the time the seasons over for most of us is very low unless they really fuck something up and stop giving us what we love about the show in the first place which they haven't yet.

2. For me I don't rate anime by season, I rate by the entire package unless it's a reboot, spinoff, alternate story, or just hasn't had another season in an eternity. If I watch and anime with a season worse than the first I just lower the score across the board to match the overall package or if it is that bad I just don't watch it and let the first season have it's deserved score (Psycho Pass for example). We all have our own way of scoring anime and for us Gintama has continued to be one of our most beloved shows.

So if you want to give the show a 1 without ever seeing it go ahead but just remember that we have seen the show and you are just going to have to accept where shows end up whether you agree or not because your single opinion isn't going to override the opinions of everyone actually watching the show.
Oct 1, 2017 5:20 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Antagonized said:
DatRandomDude said:

This one's pretty mild though, Gintama last season started at 9.45 then went 9.15
The day it started to air ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2017 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
Djengo said:
Alright let me just ask a question. Why do people care?

people care because its fun to talk about rankings. not to mention how entertaining it is to watch people collectively lose their shit (im trying to avoid the word salt cus that shit's starting to sound cringey) on all sides

Djengo said:
I just want to point out that it's not even just fanboys or trolls that have put every season of Gintama above a 9 score. How do I know this? Because even the first fucking season of Gintama is above a 9 and if anyone is watching Gintama that's where they start.

oh also keep in mind that the first season of gintama is 200+ episodes long so it has a pretty hefty 1/5 rule and the first few dozen episodes of gintama are known to be really slow so the only ratings that actually count are from those who managed to trek through that initial hump
--l--Oct 1, 2017 6:21 PM
Oct 1, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2017
DatRandomDude said:

lmao I swear I was not one of the guys who gave it a 1 without watching.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 7:02 PM
Aug 2016
Y'all can talk shit about Gintama getting a 10 before the series started. When it comes to Attack on Titan S3 or My Hero Academia, or even One Punch Man S2 no one talks about it. 🤔🤔🤔🙄
basedOct 1, 2017 7:18 PM
Oct 1, 2017 7:27 PM

Jul 2017
Haha, i dont get how do you even fucking cares about the rank and rating or some shit like that :D

Oct 1, 2017 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
Woes said:
Y'all can talk shit about Gintama getting a 10 before the series started. When it comes to Attack on Titan S3 or My Hero Academia, or even One Punch Man S2 no one talks about it. 🤔🤔🤔🙄

seconding this.

also, how can you rate an anime a 1 before it even aired?
Oct 1, 2017 9:37 PM

May 2015
Wow, the score fell even more. Some people need to get lives.

Oct 1, 2017 10:27 PM

Nov 2013
daniel_franke7 said:
It really does affect the rating system when you are trying to find high-rated anime.

Can't you just ignore all the Gintama listings though? They're all listed as Gintama -something- 8V
People can easily just skip them and look at all the others.

I'm there on the 10/10 train, though.
You'd think that people would consider that "Oh, Gintama's good" based on the fact that SO FEW VOTES are 10/10 when compared to something like FMAB instead of antagonizing the show and the fanbase.

We love the series, so what?
It made it to #1, okay, sweet! You don't like it? Pretend it's not there and go watch another show!
We're a dedicated fanbase and for good reason, but obviously not everyone's gonna love the show.
\ o - o / what can you do.
Oct 1, 2017 10:29 PM

Aug 2016
Don't care. Nobody takes an anime with little to no members like Gintama seriously.
Oct 1, 2017 11:59 PM
Aug 2017
daniel_franke7 said:
AntwanMantilla said:
You know, there's never a shortage of threads like these. But even then I always say that a better question is: Why do you care?

People just love this series in general which is why its always in the top of MAL. I dont see why anyone thinks its wrong only because they want some diversity in the top 10 or 20 shows on MAL. For users who really hate the series for it always being in the top, I'd say just deal with it tbh.

It really does affect the rating system when you are trying to find high-rated anime.

High-rated anime doesn't mean it will suit your taste. I never watch a series based on MAL rating. Some of my favorite series have rating lower than 7 but I don't really care. To me best way to look for new series is through the recommendation page of your favorite shows.
Oct 2, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2010
Have you ever seen an overhyped show? They usually turn up shit, lowscored to the hell, or they don't satisfy the hype well. Don't compare Gintama to them. Gintama deserves every bit of hype. And hype is a part of an anime's success.
Oct 2, 2017 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Question answered numerous times, thread made countless times. You guys care too much.

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.