Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2017 10:08 AM

Jan 2017
Okay, I have never watched a single episode of Gintama in any shape or form.

This show might be amazing. Even if it is, you cannot rate something a 10 on impulse before it has even aired.

Please fanboys, don't make a bad name for the source material. Gintama might be good, (I don't know if it is or not!). You don't want to look like a fanboy. I've been guilty of the same kind of thing before, and it honestly is just sad.
uwu
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 1, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2017
Math has taught us the fundamentals of shitposting therefore if you shitpost then you have a hidden math skills not limited to math skills. How to do drugs legally. How to have a psychological problems like crippling depression. How to have existential crisis and be baited by high school or college level math when in the end they wont be used aside from basic math. Makes me wonder. Therefore those mathematicians are the best ancient shitposters of all time. Until now everyone takes their bait.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 1, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2016
It's airing now I'm watching it
Oct 1, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2015
The people who are rating it a 1 are worse. I guarantee almost none of them are legitimate. Nobody watches over 300 episodes of something they hated enough to score a 1.

Oct 1, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
Same as you can rate something 1/10 when you hasn't even watched it.
Oct 1, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
Same as you can rate something 1/10 when you hasn't even watched it.

I haven't rated it at all. It could be a 10, it could equally be a 1. I don't rate on impulse.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
daniel_franke7 said:
I haven't rated it at all. It could be a 10, it could equally be a 1. I don't rate on impulse.

Good i wasn't speaking directly to you, same as your title is not speaking directly and specifically to me.
Oct 1, 2017 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
Because they can. It's the only and shortest answer for your question. Don't waste your time trying to understand these people.
Oct 1, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
Chuck92 said:
Because they can. It's the only and shortest answer for your question. Don't waste your time trying to understand these people.

It's still bothersome because this kind of stuff really does break the whole rating system of MAL.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 10:30 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's the sixth season and they know what they will get, at thisp oint, even if its stupid, they just know its going to be a 10/10 so they just rate it already

also some probably do it to piss off the people who gets their jimmies rustled easily to the fact gintama will get another one in the top 10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2017
DatRandomDude said:
It's the sixth season and they know what they will get, at thisp oint, even if its stupid, they just know its going to be a 10/10 so they just rate it already

also some probably do it to piss off the people who gets their jimmies rustled easily to the fact gintama will get another one in the top 10.

I might be one of those people who get their jimmies rustled.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
One simple thing everyone needs to know about MAL. Ignore Gintama ratings. It's the only show that no matter how it will go, people will rate them 10.
Oct 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
You've seen the 300+ episodes leading up to this, there's PLENTY good reason to give this a 10 before it's aired, and even more so if you've read the source material (manga). It might seem pretentious but people who've followed Gintama for a long time know all too well our good and excellently this series is executed. I'm prepared for another season and you should be too.
Also, yeah I love Gintama, shit on me, I'm a die-hard and I like to piss MAL sweaty's off.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Oct 1, 2017 11:13 AM
Aug 2013
Typical gintama fandom behavior. I mean I like gintama and am up to date with the anime but the series has a LOT of flaws and doesn't deserve to be this high in the ranking. It's more 8 or 8+ anime than a 10/10.
Oct 1, 2017 11:16 AM

Jan 2017
Nehza said:
You've seen the 300+ episodes leading up to this, there's PLENTY good reason to give this a 10 before it's aired, and even more so if you've read the source material (manga). It might seem pretentious but people who've followed Gintama for a long time know all too well our good and excellently this series is executed. I'm prepared for another season and you should be too.
Also, yeah I love Gintama, shit on me, I'm a die-hard and I like to piss MAL sweaty's off.

Obvious bait is obvious.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
daniel_franke7 said:
Nehza said:

Obvious bait is obvious.

:)
I failed to get the kill.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Oct 1, 2017 11:26 AM
Aug 2016
daniel_franke7 said:

This show might be amazing. Even if it is, you cannot rate something a 10 on impulse before it has even aired.

Please fanboys, don't make a bad name for the source material. Gintama might be good, (I don't know if it is or not!). You don't want to look like a fanboy. I've been guilty of the same kind of thing before, and it honestly is just sad.

I already watched 328 episodes of Gintama, and almost all was masterpiece, i also read these episodes as manga(they were perfect). Furthermore, there is no staff changing for this season. So the only thing that can be bad about this show is just opening and ending. But I don't mind opening and ending. I think these are enough reason to give it 10/10 even without watching.(I gave 10/10 after watching though)
You can be sure that we don't mind if you give 1/10 without watching. So, why do you mind such that?
Don't be jealous because of your favorite anime is not even in top 100. Some of my favorites are not in top 100 too. Just don't care.
YorozuyaaaOct 1, 2017 11:36 AM
Oct 1, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2017
People tend to rate their favorite anime 10/10(or high) even if they haven't watch the season yet, because:

- PV is so hype
-They already read the manga/light novel etc (Illogical way of rating because they're evaluating the wrong medium)
- Sentimental Attachment to the anime (Character is Waifu/Husbando, author/seiyu fan, etc)
- "the author is good! there's no way this anime will be a trash" reasoning
- troll¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
- just to rate

Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 1, 2017 11:41 AM
Jun 2017
Because you know it's gonna be good. Gintama might be the greatest anime ever created
Oct 1, 2017 12:09 PM
Apr 2016
because when a show has aired for so long and you know you like the series you know what you rate it. This series isn't anything different it's just more Gintama
Oct 1, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
You probably never heard of it, but there is small amount of those people.

Oct 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
I am one of those who rated 10... such a diehard fan...why wouldn't I rate it 10
Oct 1, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2017
im one of those who rated like all of gintama anime 10/10. Why? for fun and i like it xDD
Oct 1, 2017 1:03 PM
Apr 2016
There is actually a reason for it: It is Gintama. It is not a new show. I don't know why MaL decides to make every new season a seperate entry, but it is just Gintama. The show I've been watching for 328 episodes. It is from the same source material, and animated by the same studio. Yes, I give it a 10 because I know I love Gintama. I assure you, if they butcher up something, I'll change my score. But it is literally the same show, just continuation. So it is not rating without watching it.

That being said, those who give it a 1 out of spite are far worse.
Oct 1, 2017 1:03 PM
Aug 2017
Well it is the perfect anime
Oct 1, 2017 1:07 PM

Jun 2014
This is the natural course of a gintama season. it'll float to the top as its airing only to fail to hold on to the top spot for long
Oct 1, 2017 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
idk but i was surprised too.
Oct 1, 2017 1:10 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Because it makes my pussy wet with every fkin second of the showtime every time ten times. Even though, I don't have a pussy, yohohohoho.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 1, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2016
LOL Gintama is the best :D
Oct 1, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2016
Well not rating gintama at 10 is doing it unjustice tbh. The thing MAL should do is make a single page for Gintama so that all the gintama seasons don't take up most of the top 10 places
Oct 1, 2017 1:14 PM
Aug 2016
daniel_franke7 said:

This or another Gintama sequels are not actually seperate seasons. So they are just parts of ONE anime. If we think by using your logic, any ongoing anime must not be rated even if they have 300+ episodes. For example, If people can rate One Piece without watching future episodes(and it's impossible.) they can rate Gintama as well without watching if they watched previous episodes.
Oct 1, 2017 1:26 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
daniel_franke7 said:

So sad that you haven't even watched a single episode, otherwise the topic's title would have been "How could you possibly NOT rate GINTAMA a 10, when it hasn't even aired?"
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 1, 2017 2:02 PM
Apr 2015
FireFistYamaan said:
Well not rating gintama at 10 is doing it unjustice tbh. The thing MAL should do is make a single page for Gintama so that all the gintama seasons don't take up most of the top 10 places

That's exactly what I think they should do. Gintama is one of my favorite anime ever, and those that don't watch it are truly missing out, but I understand why people don't want to watch it, or why they complain about it having high scores every time a new season is aired. It's not Gintama's fault that it's a genuinely good show/manga, it's MAL's rating system. I guess it was decided that they made a score system for every season instead of every show.
Oct 1, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2016
1st_to_Last05 said:

That's exactly what I think they should do. Gintama is one of my favorite anime ever, and those that don't watch it are truly missing out, but I understand why people don't want to watch it, or why they complain about it having high scores every time a new season is aired. It's not Gintama's fault that it's a genuinely good show/manga, it's MAL's rating system. I guess it was decided that they made a score system for every season instead of every show.

Precisely, I mean if they want to keep the "a page per season" thing it's alright, as long as they merge the scores somehow. Atleast for Gintama

Oct 1, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
Ok idiots.. If you loved every episode of gintama before season 6 does not mean you will rate season 6 a 10. It hasn't even aired yet. It could suck or be good. I mean look at dragon ball GT. everyone loved Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z, but hated GT. Season 6 of Gintama could suck. Don't rate it at all unless you have seen it dumbasses all of you break the MAL rating system. Gintama fans are so fucking stupid.
you're cool
Oct 1, 2017 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
This again? Do we need to make the same thread every time a new season of Gintama airs??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 2010
If it will suck people will change its score stop being hurt by virtual points on internet.

Oct 1, 2017 2:22 PM
Aug 2016
ErasedParadoxum said:
Ok idiots.. If you loved every episode of gintama before season 6 does not mean you will rate season 6 a 10. It hasn't even aired yet. It could suck or be good. I mean look at dragon ball GT. everyone loved Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z, but hated GT. Season 6 of Gintama could suck. Don't rate it at all unless you have seen it dumbasses all of you break the MAL rating system. Gintama fans are so fucking stupid.

They are not seperated seasons. This anime is ONE anime with its 329 episodes(and it is continuing). With your logic, people must not rate one piece because it could suck in the next episodes. So must they wait until it is over? Are you serious?
And it was just 400 or 500 people who rated without watching and about 50 of them gave 1/10.But number of Gintama fans are about 50-100 thousands. Even if you are right(by the way you are not right), how can you generalize gintama fans as "fucking stupid"?
Before saying people "fucking stupid". Make sure that you are not the "fucking stupid" one.
The only tricky thing here is dividing gintama into seasons on mal.
YorozuyaaaOct 1, 2017 2:28 PM
Oct 1, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
ErasedParadoxum said:

This is ironic coming from the guy who rated Naruto a 10 but has only seen 200 eps of Shippuden. Gintama fans have seen 300+ eps of Gintama, they can rate it a 10 if they want to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 2:36 PM
Sep 2016
i love Dragon Ball Z and some other anime too, but gintama is way too different. If you ever watch it then you must be know the reason why you treat gintama so different from other anime. But if you watch it and doesn't get the jokes then maybe you are the type of person that can't really laugh (just smile of a kind), i can't blame you for that. And if you don't get the feeling when watching the Rakuyou Battle Arc then you doesn't know GIntama well enough.
Oct 1, 2017 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
It's not that I find someone rating something a 10 before it even airs annoying. It's that I find 5+ Gintamas in the Top 20.. now that's annoying.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 1, 2017 2:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
You know, there's never a shortage of threads like these. But even then I always say that a better question is: Why do you care?

People just love this series in general which is why its always in the top of MAL. I dont see why anyone thinks its wrong only because they want some diversity in the top 10 or 20 shows on MAL. For users who really hate the series for it always being in the top, I'd say just deal with it tbh.
Oct 1, 2017 2:50 PM

Jan 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
You know, there's never a shortage of threads like these. But even then I always say that a better question is: Why do you care?

People just love this series in general which is why its always in the top of MAL. I dont see why anyone thinks its wrong only because they want some diversity in the top 10 or 20 shows on MAL. For users who really hate the series for it always being in the top, I'd say just deal with it tbh.

It really does affect the rating system when you are trying to find high-rated anime.
uwu
Oct 1, 2017 2:57 PM
Feb 2013
A couple of years ago i have decided gintama as a whole is 10/10. I won't bother about whatever happens or how the ending would be. By the way i do find it annoying how MAL separates gintama like this. They should treat it as a long anime
which gets on hiatus from time to time.
Oct 1, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
Time to collect and stash some salt for the winter.
Oct 1, 2017 4:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The salt is pretty damn strong this time around, went 9.30 to 9.22 pretty fast
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2017 4:41 PM

Jan 2017
LuffyZoro said:
ErasedParadoxum said:
Ok idiots.. If you loved every episode of Gintama before season 6 does not mean you will rate season 6 a 10. It hasn't even aired yet. It could suck or be good. I mean look at dragon ball GT. everyone loved Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z, but hated GT. Season 6 of Gintama could suck. Don't rate it at all unless you have seen it, dumbasses, all of you break the MAL rating system. Gintama fans are so fucking stupid.

This is ironic coming from the guy who rated Naruto a 10 but has only seen 200 eps of Shippuden. Gintama fans have seen 300+ eps of Gintama, they can rate it a 10 if they want to.

Ok, Gintama is separated in seasons or it would not be called something different and everyone and MAL separating it in seasons. I have never seen Gintama but it looks good. But correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure each season ends with an actual ending. Naruto is not separated in seasons so I can rate it whatever my opinion so far is. My point is that you have not seen it. That season could be bad like I said. Think of it this way it's like rating My hero academia season 3 10/10 without it airing. By the end of season 2, we would not know what to expect next what if it's all filler ( it won't be) but it was we most likely would not rate it 10. If Gintama season 5 ends with an ending that does not indicate everything that will happen in the next season there's no reason to rate it 10. Don't call me fucking stupid if you don't even know Gintama is separated in seasons.
Also, if Naruto was separated in seasons based on each arc. I would rate some 6 or 7 or 10 or 9. Because not all the arcs or episodes are 10/10, but overall naruto is 10/10.
So Gintama season 6 you could rate it 6 or 7 Just fucking wait for it to air and don't annoy half the goddamn MAL website with you immature ratings.
SparkingVoltOct 1, 2017 4:50 PM
you're cool
Oct 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
Yes~~~
No need to wait long for topic dedicated to complain about Gintama getting high score/be first in top.
Season with Gintama without topic like this is wasted season.

I love how people here are so focus on ranking.

btw... If you want know which series are good check out most favorited.
Most users can only put 10 favorites so how much you must like series to put it in your favorites?
Oct 1, 2017 4:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
One Punch Man S2 and SnK S3 have much more 10s and yet I didn't see a single thread about it. Oh well

Crap I'm late to the saltfest
Oct 1, 2017 4:50 PM

May 2015
DatRandomDude said:
The salt is pretty damn strong this time around, went 9.30 to 9.22 pretty fast

Yeah, it's actually kinda pathetic.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.