Forum Settings
Forums

What anime should I be looking out for Fall 2017?

New
Sep 30, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2017
Busy with school so I'm behind. Usually when I have time I just download Boruto, Classroom of the Elite, and watch Rurouni Kenshin. so yeah, basically I'm not up to date on stuff.

Sep 30, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2015
My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch.
Sep 30, 2017 8:42 PM

Jun 2017
Tarotist said:

I sense a Hajime no Gal vibe from this, will look forward to it.
thank you!
Sep 30, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2016
Tarotist said:

LMFAO HOW IS THIS A SHOW!! HAHAHA

But in my opinion the show you're gonna wanna watch out for this season is Inu Yashiki. Same creator as the Gantz manga and both series have some crazy shit going down throughout their narratives.

I also noticed on your anime list that you haven't watched Kekkai Sensen which is an amazing show. The reason why I bring it up is due to it being renewed for a second season airing this Fall.

Finally Mahoutskai no Yome: This series already had me hooked from the OVAs and seems to be a hit with the people who have seen what little has come out so far. Very beautiful story and production values.

All in my opinion are definite must watches.
Sep 30, 2017 9:39 PM

Nov 2014
Tarotist said:
I didnt believe this was a show at first.

Sep 30, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Tarotist said:
I had to double-check... so this exists? Gotta say this title grabs my attention and makes me want to watch it... not for good reason but oh well
Sep 30, 2017 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
I say you just give every single anime each season a 1 episode chance.
Trust me. You'll drop 95% of them anyway.
Plot synopsis's don't tell anything about how an anime plays out. Even the most boring plot synopsis's, like Avatar the Last Airbender turned out to be amazing anime.
Sep 30, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2016
I'm looking forward to

Inuyashiki
Children of the Whale
Dies Irea
Juuni Taisen
and last but not least Kino's Journey the Beautiful World

Mega hype for the whole season though
All the fools who go around hating on everything should stick to them eighties anime.

After all isn't that the golden age of TV anime.
Sep 30, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2017
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Plot synopsis's don't tell anything about how an anime plays out. Even the most boring plot synopsis's, like Avatar the Last Airbender turned out to be amazing anime.

agreed, and sometimes the picture/cover puts me off, but that's just me judging a book by its cover lol.
Sep 30, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2017
Pingu NOOT NOOT

>AOTS Of this season

-HippySnob-Sep 30, 2017 10:07 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 30, 2017 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
frognep said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

agreed, and sometimes the picture/cover puts me off, but that's just me judging a book by its cover lol.

To name a more recent example, I think when most of us saw the cover and read the plot synopsis of Elegant Youkai Apartment Life, we assumed it'd be a generic-ass harem anime.
Turned out instead to be a more unique quirky iyashikei.
Sep 30, 2017 10:01 PM
Jan 2017
Tarotist said:

With such a title this series can get popular by word of mouth itself.How can I forget the fact the only hentai which was able to attract my attention was only due to it's title which was "The Rapeman".
Sep 30, 2017 10:09 PM

Aug 2013
Although it could end up being awful, I'm most looking forward to the new series/remake of Kino's Journey. The source material it's based on is incredible and the original series in the early 2000s was really thoughtful and well-told. It's a typically slower paced series in the same vein as Mushishi or Haibane Renmei, but is very thought-provoking and deep.
Sep 30, 2017 10:19 PM

Nov 2014
Hmm I'm surprise no one has mentioned Ousama Game the Animation, probably the one with the most interesting premise.

There's a few others already mentioned, some sequels, my girlfriend in a faithful Virgin bitch, Inuyashiki, Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Lazy to list everything, all that I'm watching is all in my plan to watch list now if anyone's interested. Might even pick up a few more.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 30, 2017 10:23 PM

May 2015
new anime that I am loooking forward are
1)Ancient Magus Bride (obvious But I love slice of life)
2)AnimeGataris(I am just currious about it also heard good things who have watched its 1ep)
3)A Sister's All You Need(Silver Link.I like that studio)
4)Black Clover(I am a sucker for shounen)
5)Inuyashiki(I really like the premies of it)
6) My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch(I LOVE HAREMS)
7)King Game the animation(miyano mamoru + mystery always has been great for me)
8) Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (battle royal meets Nisio Isin)
9)Girls' Last Tour (White Fox)

and all my favs anime are getting sequel SO HELL YEAH

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Sep 30, 2017 10:24 PM
Feb 2017
Food Wars,3-Gatsu,Kino's Journey,Magus Bride,Gintama.These 5.
Watch others to kill time.Don't expect too much from them.
Sep 30, 2017 10:34 PM

Apr 2016
Whatever is rated the highest after a few weeks.
Sep 30, 2017 10:35 PM

Aug 2016
DEAD_ID69 said:

...Explain.

Inu Yashiki is from Gantz's creator.

Kekkai Sensen is from Trigun's creator with an already dope 1st season

Can't speak for much of the other anime coming out but there seems to be a nice amount of cool anime coming out this season.
Sep 30, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2016
What I'm looking forward to is -
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Just Because
Kino no Tabi
Inuyashiki
Dies Irae
Shokugeki S3
Nekopara
SnK Lost Girls OVA
Sep 30, 2017 10:39 PM

Apr 2017
Somali_Otaku said:
DEAD_ID69 said:

...Explain.

Can't speak for much of the other anime coming out but there seems to be a nice amount of cool anime coming out this season.

Having replace by a new director in Kekkai Sensen

I wouldn't expect too much, Without Rie Matsumoto this time

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 30, 2017 10:43 PM

May 2017
Just Because! (if you enjoy a school-set show) and if you’ve watched Shokugeki No Souma, the 3rd season is airing this fall. ^_^
If you’re into good anime music and many male characters, Dynamic Chord and Tsukipro The Animation are going to air, though I’m doubtful about how the plot of both shows would be.
AH! Can’t forget Mahoutsukai No Yome. Seems like from the OVAs that have been released for it, it hasn’t gotten good publicity and hype. You should look forward to that one.
the universe has moved for us
there wasn’t even a little miss
Sep 30, 2017 10:51 PM
Dec 2015
Fall looks pretty stacked in my opinion. I'm going to try out all of the following:

Black Clover
Just Because
Inuyashiki
Juuni Taisen
3-Gatsu no Lion season 2
Kino's Journey
Girls Last Tour
Children of the Whales
Land of the Lustrous
Konohana Kitan
Urahara
Two Car

Once I watch Food Wars season 2, Kekkai Sensen, Umaru-chan, Love Live, Fate/Zero and UBW, and Osomatsu-san this list will definitely grow. I'll also be checking out some shorts (Baja no Studio in particular) and films (GochiUsa Dear my Sister, Godzilla, and Haikara-san ga Tooru Movie 1: Benio, Hana no 17-sai), plus anything else that people say are great even though I don't think I'm too interested.
GamerUngluedSep 30, 2017 10:54 PM
Sep 30, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2015
Doesn't really take that long to scan the season list though, not like it takes more than half an hour or so.
Anyway it looks pretty amazing, as I've always said
Sep 30, 2017 10:57 PM

Aug 2016
RnDNEET021 said:

Having replace by a new director in Kekkai Sensen

I wouldn't expect too much, Without Rie Matsumoto this time

Yeah I'm kinda pissed about that, especially since this guy did Tokyo ESP which is a dumpster fire in my opinion. It doesn't help that this director decided giving the script to the guy who also wrote Tokyo ESP was a good idea.

Regardless...I will hope for the best on this one.
Sep 30, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2012
Dies Irea is really the only anime to look out for if it's done justice

And I guess if you're a gintamafag theres another for you there too.
Sep 30, 2017 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
Sure a ton of people have already said it but Ancient Magus Bride is what I am looking forward to the most.
Sep 30, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2017
Mahoutsukai no Yome looks like it's gonna be worth a watch, and as a reader of the manga of My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch I suggest looking out for that one as well.

'nom'
Sep 30, 2017 11:59 PM

Jun 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

That's not practical. Assuming a 30 anime season, that's already equal to 2 seasons+ of watched anime.

OT, the sandwhale one.
Sep 30, 2017 11:59 PM

Mar 2012
Tarotist said:
People might be deceived by the title but this is actually just a series rife with innuendo and dirty joke.

Now for the answer it's always YuYuYu. WaSuYu is hype too but I want to see what lies after the first season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 1, 2017 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
Brb said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

That's not practical. Assuming a 30 anime season, that's already equal to 2 seasons+ of watched anime.

OT, the sandwhale one.

Really? Because I'm a high schooler, and I manage to give every anime a shot, no problem.
Oct 1, 2017 12:23 AM
Sep 2017
frognep said:
Busy with school so I'm behind. Usually when I have time I just download Boruto, Classroom of the Elite, and watch Rurouni Kenshin. so yeah, basically I'm not up to date on stuff.

Unfortunately the number of good anime this season is very limited

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara
Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ke
Net-juu no Susume
Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 1, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2017
Gintama. Well i would probably wait for others to finish or watch it while airing just to kill time.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 1, 2017 1:05 AM
Apr 2017
Hehe there's gintama, shokugeki no soma, mahoutsukai no yome and Ousama game which is the only ones that caught my eye
Oct 1, 2017 1:08 AM
May 2017
Watch all of them.
Watch all of them.

Watch all of them.
Oct 1, 2017 1:13 AM
Feb 2017
Somali_Otaku said:
DEAD_ID69 said:

...Explain.

Inuyashaki can be good if the makers don't fuck it up.
Kekkai Sensen felt average to me. That's just my opinion though. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. It's that I have 0 expectations from the rest other than the 5 I mentioned.
Oct 1, 2017 1:14 AM

Dec 2015
Evil or Live is here to cure everyone of anime addiction
Oct 1, 2017 1:16 AM

Aug 2013
Tarotist said:

yo thanks i almost forgot about this one lol

gonna check more here http://anichart.net/Fall-2017
Oct 1, 2017 1:39 AM
Dec 2013
Kino's Journey (2017), which is now confirmed to be a remake of Kino's Journey (2003) (which ranks at #132 on this website). It's going to be interesting seeing a split in the fanbase between people who prefer the original, and people who prefer the remake. I'm also expecting the remake to get several seasons.
Oct 1, 2017 2:55 AM

May 2016
I don't usually pile on too much new anime each season partly due to time constraints, but also because most new shows don't interest me. However I'm actually looking forward this season as more shows than usual have my interest:

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: The first season isn't the greatest anime around, primarily due to poor storytelling. However I won't deny its unique and quirky and despite its many flaws, I found it to be fairly entertaining. So of course I'll watch season 2.

Kino no Tabi: It's a remake of the 2003 adaptation which was widely praised due to its psychological nature. However it introduces a new visual style that seems to bring it in line with most modern-day anime. I'm cautiously optimistic but I'm fearful that I won't find it as good as the unique 2003 adaptation.

Inuyashiki: The premise of the show seems to be interesting enough and the trailers look good. I'll see how it goes.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: The manga is highly regarded and is among one of my sisters favourites, whose anime opinion I trust seeing we share similar tastes. The premise is interesting too so I'll give it a watch.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: I'm a sucker for anime in post-apocalyptic settings; Ergo Proxy & Casshern Sins are among series I highly regard (Texnolyze too if it wasn't slow). So naturally I'm going to give Shoujo a watch! The trailers look pretty good and so does the OST. This is the anime of this upcoming season I'm most looking forward to.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 1, 2017 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
RnDNEET021 said:
Pingu NOOT NOOT

>AOTS Of this season

Ah you are man of culture as well then.
Oct 1, 2017 3:00 AM

Apr 2017
I recommend the sequels of food wars and gintama , rather than that I would say black clover

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 1, 2017 4:16 AM

Jan 2017
My girl friend is a faithful virgin butch and dies irae and food war season 3
Oct 1, 2017 4:46 AM
Aug 2016
Tarotist said:

I had to check it because I couldn't believe that there would be a show with such a title....

As for the thread, the only thing that looks promising is Inuyashiki.

Oct 1, 2017 4:48 AM

Mar 2016
I will quote myself from the other fall thread.
dvbx_073 said:
Not including sequels it will be Kino no Tabi. The original was good and the art looks extremely well. Also Konohana Kitan looks good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 1, 2017 4:49 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I think people should look out for Girls Last Tour. I personally think it might be the underdog show of the season.
Oct 1, 2017 4:49 AM

Apr 2017
Juuni Taisen And Black Clover And Kekkai Sensen S2?
Fuyuumi Ai <3 And Ririna ftw
Oct 1, 2017 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
You should give Love Live! Sunshine!! a chance. It has great animation, characters and a lot of fun and emotional moments.

Also.. you should watch Noragami's second season. ;)
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.

More topics from this board

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

27 by BlueBullet178 »»
12 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

40 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
42 seconds ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

138 by WaffleMaster89 »»
1 minute ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

13 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
2 minutes ago

» Guess the Deadly Sin of your Favorite characters in your profile

IpreferEcchi - Apr 9

20 by LeonhartAugust »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.